Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties #4-07 (Inactive)

Game Master Deevor

The Pathfinder Society has discovered a new Aspis Consortium base in the pirate city of Riddleport and sends a small team of agents to infiltrate the rival cell disguised as newly hired mercenaries from Magnimar, to disrupt their operations.


251 to 300 of 601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr looks at the darkening night and ponders on whether or not they should leave the Silken Veils for tomorrow.

"What do you guys think? Press on or wait for tomorrow? I suppose that they might be busiest at night and it might be easier for us to slip in and out without being noticed," Bedmyr says.

The Exchange

Tiasar's answer to Bedmyr is dependent upon Roary's state of mind

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Faking the stumble a little for show, Outside he straightens up a bit.. "Err.. Im alright.. Lets continue and get this thing done.."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

It doesn't take long to find the temple, the biggest in Riddleport.

Upon first glance, it is hard to imagine the House of the Silken Veil as a brothel. It is a large, grimy marble building topped with an ugly blood-red steeple. Nevertheless, its three entrances are each hung with freshly laundered curtains and the heavy, floral smell of incense wafts from the building.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"Well this looks fun.. Come let us see if we can get our hands on this dagger.." Moving to the entrance Roary will enter the establishment..

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr follows Roary, although he is keeping an eye out for potential trouble and has his hand on the grip of his pistol.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

The Exchange

Tiasar sighs, following the others in

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas also goes in , wanting to keep an eye on his fellow companions , so that they don´t loose track of the real mission...

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar follows the others in. He makes sure his Aspis badge is visible on his feathered cloak. "At least we don't have to worry about the place being closed for the night. Maybe this time it would help to have our badges out."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

As Roary enters into the House of the Silken Veils, he sees in front of him beautiful half naked males and females of all the usual races of Golarion. But his eyes don't stray from the golden haired beauty, dressed in fine shimmering robes that hang loosely over her slim and curvy body. As she approaches, she removes the hair pin that keeps her blonde locks pushed up over her face, her long hair falls down over her shoulders, cascading over her breasts showing through the deep cut in her robes as they rise and fall with each breath. Her silky voice, sounds like the whispers of the breeze through the trees, "How may I help you? I am sure your wish or desire can be satisfied, see anything that might satisfy you?"

Across the room, the other side of a deep and luxurious yellow and black patterned carpet, soft and gentle on the feet, Bedmyr spies a long bar of mahogany wood, deep red. Sitting on a high stool, smoking a long white clay pipe, is a female dwarf. Her long red hair, plaited into two strands on either side of her face, interspersed with flowers. Most striking of all though is her beard, neatly twisted down in a single plait, it sparkles with threads of gold and jewels woven into its length. Her strong bare arms, are uncovered by the long green and yellow dress that covers her muscular body, in her heavy, but painted hands she holds a mug of foaming ale, which she drinks with relish. She turns and looks Bedmyr in the eye, she winks.

The air in the room is heavy with perfume, the smell of the woodland flowers, musk, the smell of love and lust surrounds you along with the sounds of kissing and flirtatious chat. The yellow silken drapes section the large room, into smaller more private enclosures, from some of these, you spy shapes and shadows moving and gyrating. A tall female elf who glides across the carpet, her long legs covered by high heeled black leather boots that extend up to her thigh, smiles at Tiasar as he enters and walks towards him. A tall auburn haired woman, looks at Talinthas as he enters, her eyes drift up to the ornaments of love making that hang on the walls, in particular a yellow and black whip, whose ends looks like wasp stings, she nods and smiles.

In one corner, the sounds of soft music, string and pipes make honeyed seductive notes, as two woman dance in their veils, their seer yellow chiffon clothes glide around them, their naked limbs showing bronzed flesh up to their torso. Several men, sit on cushions watching mesmerized.

All are asked what their pleasure is, with the exception of Crar, who is left alone, standing at the entrance way.

The Exchange

A red color rises to Tiasar's cheeks. Dealing with dangerous magic items? Easy. Talking with evil and devious outsiders? Easy. Researching the depths of the infinite planes in all their madness? A little harder. But this...

Tiasar pulls his eyes up to meet the elven woman's face, and makes an attempt to put on the same courtesy he shows to other elven woman "You..uh...you truly show off the beauty of our race, and...uh..." it appears Tiasar is about as experienced at this as a teenage boy

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary stares the blonde up and down.. Struggling to keep his tongue is his mouth.. "Well im a big man, but i think you might be able to satisfy me.." Looking to his companions.. "Yall think we got time for some fun?"

The Exchange

Tiasar's face gets even redder, and he almost protests loudly, but then he remembers the delicacy of the mission

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas is vexed by the moment , and wordlessly ( and vehemently) signs to Roary to get the work done as soon as possible and get out of here.
He bows down to the woman in sign of respect ,and eagerly awaits for Roary to do the job...

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Sighing.. "It seems my friends are in a hurry.. Perhaps i can come back by latter.. For now we have business.." Revealing his Aspis badge.. "We're here to collect a certain magical dagger thats owed to the Consortium.. We would appreciate it if it would be handed over.."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Will wait for Bedmyr's reaction before continuing....

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Realizing he has been left alone and pointedly ignored, Crar appears calm and unruffled on the outside. But on the inside, his blood boils in consternation. Confound this mission! Curse these blasted badges, and Vidrin Jenk and the whole blasted Aspis poxy Consortium, and this thrice-blasted subterfuge and... Crar tries to calm himself down, the only outward sign of his inner turmoil a small breath of wind that flutters the curtains and causes flames to gutter in their braziers. Well, at least the spirits of air and wind seem to be sympathetic, he thinks.

Crar is just about to step outside - with his success rate it's apparent that the team would carry on better without him - when Roary announces the reason for their visit. At which point Crar decides to move up towards the rest of the group.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

As each of you reveal your Aspis Consortium badges, the once friendly ladies turn their backs to you and walk away. Two tanned and muscled men walk over, their bodies oiled, ceremonial whips attached to their loin cloths, they both bow their shaven heads, "Please follow us, we will let Shorafa Pamodae know you are here." As they speak, a woman holds out a silver tray with nuts, fruits, unleavened bread and cheese, "Please, take your pleasure?" before she continues on her way serving the temples real guests.

You follow the two men, through the main reception area, as men and women pair up or more and play out their erotic dreams with the temple's entourage. You are led through soft chiffon curtains into a soft and well lit corridor, with small rooms spread on either side. From behind the doors, the sounds of groan of pleasure can be heard, until at he far end, you enter a large room with luxurious fittings. Sat on a pile of cushions, between two large statues of golden and black wasps whose stingers look deadly hard and sharp steel, is a tiefling woman. Her delicate and soft hand points to golden tray on which stands green ornate glasses and an equally ornate bottle. The woman's soft and sultry voice invites you to pour yourselves some wine and make yourselves comfortable in her parlour. "My friends, take a drink and relax, let us at least enjoy each others company and get to know each other before we get down to business." She clicks her fingers at one of the men and points to the bottle full of wine, he goes over and pours a glass and takes it to the tiefling. She holds the glass up, swirls the wine, breathes in its aromas of blackberry and chocolate, before drinking some. "A fine vintage, please join me in a toast to your health and happiness." She drinks a little and smiles enticingly at you. "So to what do I owe the pleasure of entertaining such fine men who are proud to display their alligance to the Aspis Consortium so openly?"

Should you wish to make a sense motive check, you may.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

"I appreciate th' offer, b't ah dinnae drink on tha' job," Bedmyr says to the butler while keeping his eyes firmly on the woman.

"Reas'n we're here is tha' yeh signed a contract with th' Consortium an' we're here to complete tha' contract," Bedmyr replies, with a nod of his head at the end. "We've no desire t' take up more o' yer time than necessary. I'm sure yeh understand."

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Roary narrows his eyes.. Visibly trying to figure her out..

The Exchange

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Tiasar smells the wine, viewing it with interest, but keeping his thoughts to himself as he looks around the room

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar stalks along with the others, still glowering and grumbling about the mission. He fixes the tiefling woman with a hard stare, wanting to get out of here as quickly as possible.
Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas refuses the wine , silently shaking his head.
He tries to read the woman´s intentions:
Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

"Well, you seem a little reluctant to enjoy my hospitality, surely Thestil Shadowtongue, you don't need to stop your ...... companions from having some time off, whilst we discuss the business we need to." she shifts on her cushions, waiting for Shadowtongue to answer.

Roary, Talinthas, Crar:

Beneath her veneer of hospitality, Shorafa knows why you have come and is angry at your presence.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Watching Shorafa, Crar just maintains a level gaze, and rests a hand on his scimitar. He waits to see how "Thestil" responds.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"I get the strangest feeling you are not to happy about us being here.. Well trust me, we are none to happy to be here either.. Just give us the dagger and we will be on our way.. Please.."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Bluff check please Thestil .... which is now Roary...

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Bluff for what? He's serious lol..

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Unperturbed by Thestil's outburst, Shorafa Pamodae's eyes narrow as she looks Thestil Shadowtongue up and down. "So Shadowtongue, your name seems not quite as descriptive as your manner. I was told you a man with whom one could negotiate, but it seems you don't see any profit for your advancement with the Consortium. Your reputation for quiet resolutions of the Aspis' interests, seems not toi be true." She shifts and puffs up the cushions on which she sits, making herself more comfortable. "The evening is yet young, there is time for some enjoyment before we conclude our business about ... the dagger." She claps her hands and calls her servants, acolytes to attend her, as she looks at Thestil, "Bring us some sweet meats, my guest is ... agitated." she smiles.

The Exchange

Oh, this women pisses of Tiasar to no end lol

Tiasar's brows lower, and he moves to the back of the group. As the meats are brought in, the casts detect poison as quietly as he can

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Noting Tiasar surreptitiously trying to cast a spell, Crar moves closer and tries to hide Tiasar from view, attempting to aid the elf's attempts to cast secretly. His movements are a bit clumsy however, not really doing anything to keep Shorafa's attention away from the spellcasting.

Attempt to aid another action to aid Tiasar on keeping his spellcasting on the sly. A successful roll means Crar provides a +3 bonus to Tiasar's roll, due to his trait.
Aid Another Stealth check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Ugh, nevermind

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Crar's shuffling, attracts the teifling's attention which brings her eyes round to Tiasar. She raises one eyebrow as Tiasar casts his spell, before nodding at the elf's wariness to trust the food. She speaks to Thestil, "At least your companions have healthy liking for life." She sips more wine, unconcerned by Tiasar's spell.

The spell detects no poison....

The Exchange

DM Deevor wrote:

Crar's shuffling, attracts the teifling's attention which brings her eyes round to Tiasar. She raises one eyebrow as Tiasar casts his spell, before nodding at the elf's wariness to trust the food. She speaks to Thestil, "At least your companions have healthy liking for life." She sips more wine, unconcerned by Tiasar's spell.

The spell detects no poison....

Hey man, she's throwing up red flags for me

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Oh i see.. I was confused lol.. This should be fun..

"Most of the time i dont have time for negotiations.. And only rarely do i have time for fun.. This is one of those times.. Boss Jenk didn't give us leave to party.. We were brought in for one thing.. Collect certains items efficiently and without killing if it could be helped.." He narrows his eyes at the last statement.. "But Boss Jenk isn't here and i would say we are ahead on schedule.. So we will accept your hospitality for a short time.." With that Roary will toss his drink back and accept a few of the sweat meats.. "Relax fellas.. Take a break and have some food.."

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 lol well like i said.. Hes not bluffing

The Exchange

Roary Flamebearer wrote:

Oh i see.. I was confused lol.. This should be fun..

"Most of the time i dont have time for negotiations.. And only rarely do i have time for fun.. This is one of those times.. Boss Jenk didn't give us leave to party.. We were brought in for one thing.. Collect certains items efficiently and without killing if it could be helped.." He narrows his eyes at the last statement.. "But Boss Jenk isn't here and i would say we are ahead on schedule.. So we will accept your hospitality for a short time.." With that Roary will toss his drink back and accept a few of the sweat meats.. "Relax fellas.. Take a break and have some food.."

[dice=Bluff]1d20-1 lol well like i said.. Hes not bluffing

I think his avatar is his face while he's trying to lie

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

She smiles at 'Thestil' (Roary), "I am so pleased you can negotiate, without killing. A temple is a place of healing and love, to spill blood would be such a pity." she says pointedly. "Yet 'Thestil Shadowtongue', you are well named, for the tongue that speaks for you lacks your authority. Now is a time to speak truthfully, you see that I can see through your ruses." Her voice hardens as she looks at each of you in turn, "You want something that is rightfully a possession of Calistra's faithful, this dagger you speak of. I am sure we can discuss something you yourselves might appreciate, that would negate the debt we owe the Consortium. Eat, drink and think on what I say. What do you want to tell me and where do we go from here?"

Didn't roll for sense motive as skill bonus is greater than 6.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar watches the proceedings grimly. Inwardly, he tries to wrack his brain for details about the faithful of Calistria. I suppose, I really need to spend more time in temples. They all look the same to me he thinks.

Knowledge (religion) check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary's face hardens.. And then he laughs out loud! "You can think what you will Miss Shorafa.. That fact remains that we are here on behalf of the Consortium to collect the dagger.. Not a night of pleasure or any other trinket you might have.. The Dagger.. I do not know why it must be that item and frankly i do not care.. Now i would appreciate it if you would hand it over and ill notify Boss Jenk that your debt has been collected.."

The Exchange

Tiasar closes his eyes for a second, takes a breath, then opens them "Forgive him, and me, for how rude we've been. We have been traveling and fighting and watching our backs for so long that we often forget some of the common courtesies of being in a friendly environment"

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Pamodae disdainfully ignores Roary's outburst and looks the elf up and down. "So is you who are Thestil Shadowtongue, or are you another of his front men?" she asks suspiciously of the elf. "What shall I call you?"

DM:

Sense Motive 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

The Exchange

Tiasar's being honest. He's used to being a 'court wizard', where he was expected to be polite as well as knowledgeable. On another note, we really need to get this woman introduced to our Thestil

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

On another note we have noone that can beat her sense motive, so we're prob gonna have to take the dagger..

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Or you could find another means to make her want to give up the dagger. Anyone have a high seduction roll? Or, we could take a gamble and tell her the truth about our real mission, she certainly doesn't seem keen about Aspis. This tale gets twistier and twistier.

The Exchange

10 cha and no social skills trained. Tiasar couldn't be a more by-the-ear guy

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas is still "being in Character" , because playing a silent Paladin is difficult to express much more....

He is thou, checking carefully , and thorougly , Shomofa , and tries to sense any threats from her ( already checked previously) while trying to show to her that she looks very "pleasant" to his eyes.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Talinthas, Crar:

She seems more upset by the fact you represent the Consortium, than you as people. You could sense this whenever she spoke the word/(s) Aspis Consortium.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr continues to watch the parley back and forth and is rapidly coming to the conclusion this 'negotiation' may go south very quickly. As they discuss things, he takes the time to survey the surroundings, specifically for any hidden guards that may be lurking around.

Woo, I think I should have brought my 'face' character for this scenario! Anyway, if possible Bedmyr will take 10 or 20 in order to look for any hidden threats. That'll give 17 or 27 depending on which is granted. Otherwise, he'll mark the most likely candidate for getting a bullet to the face.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Bedmyr:

The statues of the giant wasps, the symbol of Calistra, look straight back at you, but surely they must be stone. The plinths on which they sit, give off a faint glow.
The servants all have whips and symbols of Calistra as either tattoos, embroidered into their clothes or have symbols on chains around their necks. Outside you hear the sounds of other men and women, some maybe the high priestess' loyal followers.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

DM Deevor:
Of the servants, do any look particularly like guards? Are there any within immediate reach of the Priestess?

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Bedmyr:

The some servants are within reach of Pamodae Shorafa and are as described. Some servants are within reach of you they stand with food and drink close by. From outside the curtains, the sound of armor and weapons can be heard as they scrap the floor or bump into the stone of the temple.

It is almost as though Pamodae Shorafa doesn't feel she needs her protectors close by.

251 to 300 of 601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.