Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties #4-07 (Inactive)

Game Master Deevor

The Pathfinder Society has discovered a new Aspis Consortium base in the pirate city of Riddleport and sends a small team of agents to infiltrate the rival cell disguised as newly hired mercenaries from Magnimar, to disrupt their operations.


1 to 50 of 601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Gulls call to one another and glide through the rigging of your ship as you make port in Magnimar, jewel of western Varisia. To the left, the massive Irespan, the "Giant's Bridge" stretches out over the ocean before ending abruptly. In the distance to the right lie the dark Mushfens. In the early afternoon sun, they look innocent enough, but you might recall that they are too dangerous to bear regular traffic.

With your bags and equipment in stow, you don't look much different from the average visitor to the City of Monuments, but as soon as you step off the deck, you are greeted by a footman. "Arriving as a guest of the Heidmarchs, I presume?" He offers you the opportunity to put your bags in the back of the coach, and holds the door for you as you get in. Within moments, your heading to the upper city, the noble and monied sections of the city.

Looking out the window, you can see how Magnimar got its name -- modern statuary compete with ancient Thassilonian obelisks for your eye. Within a span of twenty minutes, your coach passes through iron gates into an estate. Another man, well into his middle years, impeccably dressed in a formal fashion, greets you as you step out into the open air. "Good afternoon, and welcome to Heidmarch Manor. I imagine you'll want to freshen up and straighten your gear before meeting with the Captains. We have you staying in Eurythnia house, the two-story brick building to your right. Please settle in, and please, do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions."

The order you post is the order you arrive. Eurythnia house has three large common rooms on the second floor, and social and dining areas on the first floor.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary steps down from the coach, its steps struggling with his weight.. He gathers his things a heads to the waiting room.. "I appreciate the offer but i'm already fresh enough.. I will take a drink if you don't mind, something non-sissy.." He unsheathes his enormous sword an starts smoothing the edge with his whetstone..

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr steps down after Roary, his hand ever-present on the handle of his pistol and his eyes always darting around looking for danger.

"Cheers fer th' offer, name's Bedmyr," he replies to the servant, before heading for their quarters. He cleans himself and straightens up his clothing before waiting for the call to meet the Venture-Captains.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Drak picks up his bag of belongings and slings it over his shoulder and follows the rest of the group off the ship. He looks around for a moment before stepping off.

"Greetings. Name's Drak. I'll just head up and wait for the meeting if you don't mind."

He continues to survey the area as he slowly walks to the quarters.

The Exchange

Looking around the area with curiosity Tiasar nods "Why yes, thank you" he takes out his journal and makes a note, all the while a rock still raven remains on his shoulder seeming more stature than animal

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Looking around ,dressed with his armour , full backpack and with his shield ,emblazoned with a symbol of Ragathiel, tied to it, and a bastard sword in it´s scabbard at his belt , evaluating his surroundings , Talinthas appears to find the acomodations pleasing , so he says "May Ragathiel's eyes fall upon us and his wings shield us. My name is Talinthas Wulfgars Aroumson , a faithful of Ragathiel at your service. If i may ask , i heard rumours of being a small cult to Ragathiel in the city, could you point me in their direction , so i may ask for my Lord´s blessing before being summoned by Lord Heidmarch?"

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr glances at his Paladin companion before shaking his head slightly. He was all for calling on the gods, especially Angradd, but the man's fervour wouldn't necessarily stand them in good stead as Pathfinders. Sometimes things couldn't be done 'by the book'.

As he waited, Bedmyr cleaned his pistol - an action he often did while bored. He knew that a well-functioning pistol could save lives, typically his own. While many Dwarves were often patient thinkers, Bedmyr was prone to jumping into action and then figuring out a plan.

"So while we wait fer the Capt'n's," Bedmyr offered by way of an icebreaker, "How 'bout we get t' know one another? I like t' know the calibre of 'finder I'm jumpin' into bed with, if yeh get mah meanin'."

The Exchange

After a minute of note taking Tiasar looks up as if noticing the others for the first time. "Greetings, I am Tiasar. I'll be your arcane help"

He begins looking up then looks a few feet in the air to match Roary's gaze By Nethys he's a big one, and I think that sword weighs more than I do he hesitates, then reaches out to shake his hand, bracing himself. "Always good to see some muscle along" he says with a genuine smile

Ah a paladin, always trustworthy and useful Tiasar shakes his now throbbing hand with Talinthas "I was actually just working with another faithful of Ragathiel, although he was a cleric. Saved my life too"

Tiasar's gaze rests on Bedmyr, and his eyes turn curious as they rest on the firearm "That looks like an interesting contraption, what is its' function?"

Drak, I can't really get a feeling for your character. No picture, no background, no personality. All I really got is your stats

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Ah darn, my apologies. I had updated Drak's info a bit. I've had forgotten to save last week. Sorry!

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary sheathes his massive sword and stands up.. "Names Roary Flamebearer.. Ill be your breaking faces help as the wizard put it.." He reaches out and shakes Tiazar's hand firmly.. "Oh great, another paladin to ruin all the fun.." He eyes the more heavily armoured figure.. "You gonna be able to keep up in all that metal?"

The Exchange

His attention rests on the other elf "Always good to see another elf on the job"

In response to Roary
Tiasar winces slightly and when he gets his hand back rubs it. As he does so you notice the raven rotate its head and its beak approaches Tiasar's ear, moving slightly. After a moment Tiasar smiles "Well it's certainly an improvement" he looks back to Roary "I've never heard it put that way before, you actually amused Morde here" he says, gesturing to the raven "And don't count me as one of those prissy wizards, I may be pretty useless with a sword but I know when it's needed"

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

With a broad and sincere smile , Talinthas shakes Tiasar´s hand , and says , So i see that the light and eyes of Ragathiel already protect you . That is good news , may i be as strong in my faith , as your friend was in defending Ragathiel´s faith. I´ve been a Pathfinder agent for some time now, and have some experience in the "field of combat". My sword belongs to Ragathiel , but my purpose , is in defending my friends from Pathfinder Society. And you my fellow companions, do you have field experience?

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Looking to Roary:
When the heat of battle comes upon us , you´ll see the use of "all this metal" my friend.

With a warm smile , Talinthas aproaches Roary and clasping his wrist says . " Now, after i come from my meditation, what say you , to we both go and find a good strong ale and see if there´s a drink strong enough to rival that of my northern kingdom? I´m a Paladin of Ragathiel , not the uptight Iomedae !", and Talinthas laughs.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary eyes the wizards bird suspicously.. Never will get used the talking animal.. He turns to Talinthas.. "Well said Sir! I can appriciate a good sword arm by my side.. A drink you say? I thought all you Paladins to be goodie goodies.. No offence.. With that said id be happy to buy you a drink when this little meeting is over.. Im sure Master Thunderbeard would like to join us as well eh? And im sure we can find you Elves some sissy wine or something.. ahahaha.. Just kidding with yeah a bit there.. He laughs pretty hard at his own joke, seemingly not caring if offense was taken or not..

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr looks at Tiasar, then back at the pistol.

"It's called a pistol. Black powder fires a bullet o' metal towards whatever ah point it at. Comes in handy," he says with a grin. He listens to the rest of the conversation, then nods.

"Aye, ah could be doin' with somethin' t' whet mah throat," he agrees heartily, stowing the pistol in his belt.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Drak looks at the group quietly. Interesting fellows.

He sits down next to Tiasar.
Yes. Most definitely a pleasure to always have one around. Specially the kind who can demolish things with nothing more than their fingers.

He grins slyly at Tiasar. He then glances at the raven.

Odd looking bird. thinking to himself. He never did understand the need for pets; they tend to be more of a nuisance than help.

The Exchange

@Bedmyr
The brief explanation only raises Tiasar's curiosity "Black powder...that is explosive material correct?" even though he thinks the pistol might explode he looks closer "How do you get an explosion to fire a projectile? You'd think the contraption would break"

@Drak
Tiasar gets a lopsided grin "I'm not a 'blow stuff up' spellcaster. I find that a little gish. I like to...alter things to better suit my purpose"

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

There is a knock on the guest house door, a tall balding man in a black coat and starched white shirt enters, he bows his head. "Gentlemen, I hope you are feeling well, I have bought some refreshments for you." he turns and nods to two small pages, who enter carrying a couple of barrels and a wooden cask. "Some freshly squeezed and sweetened lemon juice to clean your palette, you will find glasses over there." he points to a cupboard, before continuing "and a few bottles of fine wine from my lord's cellar in the cask." Then his nose sniffs a little and imperceptibly rises to breath in the air. "Of course that barrel there, contains something for those who drink with dwarves, I hope it meets with your approval." The second barrel drips very slowly from a tap, a brown liquid, the aroma of hops and barley. A small sign is stuck to the barrel, Dragon's Breath Best Ale with the picture of a dragon dousing its firey breath with the contents of a tankard.

The servant shoos the pages away, before continuing, in a haughty tone, "My masters ask that you keep a low profile whilst in the Manor, and request you do not leave the Manor and enter the city until.... well, they will tell you when it is appropriate. If you want anything from the city in the meantime, do not hesitate to ask and one of the servants will do their best to fulfill such requests." He looks at each one of you in turn, a quizzical frown adds more wrinkles to his bald pate. "Five, I was sure my lord told me to expect six ... hmmm ... I hope he arrives before you are invited to the house, it would be a shame to miss dinner. Please, once you are cleaned, refreshed and ready, I will come and get you for dinner. It will be just after 6 bells. " he bows, waits for any response before leaving you to the refreshments.

Already the tables in the guest's lodge have been filled with nuts, fruit and other tasty little snacks, in small quantities, enough to keep the most ravenous hunger at bay, without spoiling the dinner to come.

As he closes the door you might hear...

Perception DC=12:

The two young serving boys whisper loudly to one another, you hear one say, "Do you think they really are Pathfinders, what stories they might tell, if only we could stay and listen."
Then the scolding voice of the elder servant tells them to be quiet and not to speculate about their masters guests. All in the house must use discretion in regards to the guests that come and go to the Manor, and if he catches them telling anyone about any of the guests, they would regret it more than they would know.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

First time doing PbP here so quick question! For perception stuff like you posted, do we post a roll and read the spoilered message? If we fail, it's based on trust to not read it? Sorry for the question! :x

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Perc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Roary smiles a bit and then moves over to the cask.. The Famed Dragon's Breath Brew.. This guy does it right.. "I hear this is some of the best brew one can find outside dwarven halls.. Come let us see for ourselves.." he pours himself, Tal, and Bedmyr a tall mug of it and then looks to the elves.. "Yall want some of this headknocker?"

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar spent most of the voyage to Magnimar in deep meditation, enacting a ritual he learned to enhance his powers, communing with the spirits of air and wind. Thus, he failed to make the acquintance of his fellow Pathfinders aboard ship. His preoccupation also meant that he was slow in disembarking and making his way to the estate. He eventually arrives, gliding in and introducing himself to the steward. "My name is Crar, I believe I was summoned her for a mission? Are the others already here?" he says in an accent that betrays his northern origins.

Once inside, he looks over his fellow adventurers, ruffling his feather-lined cloak. Strange tokens and totems hang from his clothing, and the half-elf's beaky nose and piercing eyes seem almost bird-like. He heads over to Bedmyr, who he has adventured with before, and gives him a hearty clap on the shoulder. "Bedmyr! Good to see you again, my friend. It's been a long time, has it not? I've only just arrived, please, who are our comrades-in-arms?" He accepts some of whatever beverage is on the go.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Obviously being their last party member Roary fills a mug and offers it to the newcomer.. "Names Roary, here have some Dragon's Brew.. Well met Crar.." He offers you a stout handshake at the acceptance of the beer..

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Perc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Talinthas aproaches the ale , and drinks heartly.

Welcome friend Crar , join us is this drink , before we learn what plans our leaders have for us !

He hands the Druid a mug of ale , while he finnishes his drink . His only drink , despite all his "bravado".

The Exchange

Perc 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Tiasar smiles and puts a hand up "I'll pass on the stronger stuff, but I would enjoy a glass of that wine" He looks at the new party member with interest "Are you from the north? I've been meaning to visit there for some of my studies"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Perception = 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Drak stands up and grabs some snack as the half elf walks in. Another magic elf...

He nods his head in Crar's direction.

Greetings. My name's Drak. Interesting cloak you have there.

He curiously looks at the shaman, wondering what spell-casting is like. He always was curious of the fellow elves he came across that were never quite proficient with daggers like him.

The Exchange

Hey now, even though I have a penalty to hit I'm technically proficient with it lol


haha! :P

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides
Drak - PF wrote:
First time doing PbP here so quick question! For perception stuff like you posted, do we post a roll and read the spoilered message? If we fail, it's based on trust to not read it? Sorry for the question! :x

Yes, it on trust and it will spoil the game for you if you do. Don't worry about asking questions, we're happy to help.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary has the look of becoming impatient as he pours himself another Dragon's Brew and grabs a plate full of snacks.. "I hate waiting for things to happen.. Gets me all anxious.." He sets down and starts devouring the finger foods..

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Patience is a virtue my friend. Vengeance and fury are the domains of my Lord , but that doesn´t mean it can´t be achieved when the time for them is right. You´ll have time to demonstrate your prowess.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d1 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Bedmyr listens to the exchange between the servant and two pages before turning back to the others in the room.

"Crar," the Dwarf says with a warm smile, "A pleasure t' meet yeh again. [b]"Drak and Roary have introduced themsel', the others are Talinthas an' Tiasar. How have yeh been since we las' met?"

Bedmyr takes the offered mug and takes a deep drink from it, sighing in appreciation at the brew. "A good ale," he ruminates, looking at the foamy mug.

"So we've t' stay inside th' manor til we're told, eh?" Bedmyr furrows his eyebrows, "Ah don' like tha', we're 'finders, free t' go as we please, or at leas' we should be!" While the servant spoke, Bedmyr listened for any hint of deception in his words.

"Any idea why we've b'n called here then?" he asks the group in general.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The bells of Magnimar peal six as the streaked twilight dims the dome of heaven, just as a familiar knock is heard on the door. The servant enters once more, bowing he asks, "Follow me, your dinner awaits, but first Lady Heidmarch has asked me to escort you into the Hall for your briefing." You leave Eurthynia House through well manicured grounds, entering the Manor.

You are led to the main hall of the manor, where the servant opens the doors, before closing the double doors behind you and leaves. Inside the doors, in a room of white marble floors and dignified wood panels, the Lady of the estate greets you, wearing silver and green, in a modest but modern style. Individually, but quickly, you are introduced to Sheila Heidmarch. Sheila is gracious and perhaps a little too obvious in sizing you all up during a moment of pleasantries.

She directs you into a side room, covered in portraits of landscapes and people you don't recognize -- although a middle aged man in one of them could be Venture Captain Dreng, thirty years younger.

Sheila Heidmarch steps in behind you and closes the door. "Have any of you had any experience with the cult of Lissala?"

As she sees confusion cross your faces, she takes a breath and answers he own question, " As I expected, not many know of the lost gods. Lissala was the patron god of the ancient Thassilonians. As their monuments surround us here in Magnimar, you might find images of her in their decorations.

"We had believed her worship to have vanished along with the last emperor, but it seems we were mistaken.

"Whether this is a new cult, set to reintroducing Lissala's tenets, or the modern generation of a continuous worship dating back thousands of years, we cannot yet say. But what concerns us is that they have formed an alliance with the Aspis Consortium." She pauses to gauge your reaction, her green eyes scanning each of your faces for signs of ... 'of what' is her prerogative. She is after all the Venture Captain in Magnimar.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Know (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Talinthas searches thru his mind , if he read somewhere about this "Lissala".....

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

....as he looks to Lady Sheila , to study her reactions as she goes thru the faces of the group . He does this openly , so she can see that he is not affraid of that , and at the same time , to show that he is doing the some to her.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"Ive never personally heard or dealt with any cult of Lissala, but i know i dont like the Aspis Consortium and it doesn't sound good that their conversing with some ancient diety cult neither.. Is that why we're hear?"

The Exchange

There are politics at play here Tiasar smiles and shakes her hand, completely ignoring her scrutiny. "No I can't say I've ever dealth with Lissala or anything related" he looks around, trying to see any of the decorations with her in them. As he starts strolling around Morde remains perfectly still, staring at Sheila. After looking at a painting for a moment Tiasar turns "So, Aspis Consortium. What are you thinking will happen if they form an alliance?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Drak quietly listens to Sheila.

He hears Raory's response to the lady.

There has to be more to this.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr shrugs as the mention of Lissala. Religion interested him little, and human religions even less so. Especially ones considered long dead. He did prick up at the sound of the Consortium though.

"Aspis seems to be at every corner," he ruminates to himself, absent-mindedly dropping his hand to the grip of his pistol.

"So the Consortium has aligned with a cult," he says to no-one in particular before snapping focus back to the Venture-Captain.

"What are we charged with? Uncovering the depths of this alliance?"

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar sits pensively, turning the situation over and over in his head. Lissala? Where have I heard that name before? Turning back to Sheila Heidmarch, he asks "Why is the Consortium so interested in a dead cult? What would they have to gain from the crazy worshipers of a dead god?"

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Sheila nods thoughtfully at the questions, "You are right to identify that this is a relationship that is not in the Society's interest. The Society has been watching this for some time and taking action against the parties involved as they collude in Riddleport. But Bedmyr patience and you will know what you must do. Tiasar a very good question, but one that we know the answer, as we have already suffered at the hands of this alliance." She walks back and forth a few steps, left to right in front of you, then returning. It carries on for some time as she thinks, rubbing her chin. She lowers her voice, so none could overhear.

"Where to begin, hmmmm!..... Well as I said, Lissala is the Thassilonian goddess of runes, fate, and obedience,” she explains. “Her followers are wicked and secretive, but they can be bought for the right price. The Aspis Consortium offered that price. In exchange for creating a back door into the Hao Jin Tapestry—a museum demiplane that we Pathfinders thought was entirely our own—the Aspis Consortium promised a river of wealth to the secretive cult. The Pathfinder Society ejected the Aspis Consortium from the Hao Jin Tapestry and the Consortium defaulted on its contract with the cult of Lissala. As you might expect from followers of a goddess of duty, the Lissalans are irate at the Aspis Consortium for defaulting. Tensions between the two groups are at their breaking point, and I need you to finish the job.

“Now the Aspis Consortium in Riddleport is being run by their newly appointed silver agent Vidrin Jenk, which is why I asked if you'd heard of him and his new Riddleport connections. We believe he is anxious to prove his worth to the organization. The Aspis Consortium recently purchased the Barracuda Cartage company, and Jenk operates out of the offices there. Jenk plans to patch up relations with the cult of Lissala, which is well hidden somewhere in Riddleport. To help him, Jenk requisitioned a group of Aspis Consortium specialists—all bronze agents led by a mysterious troubleshooter named Thestil Shadowtongue.”

At this point, Venture-Captain Heidmarch removes some bronze badges from her pocket ands slides them onto the desk, they shine in the fading light of the day and the flickering torches, but you notice several are flecked with dried stained blood.

She looks across to you, her eyes hardened and steely, “Those specialists aren’t going to make it to Riddleport. You are. I want you to pretend to be the Aspis Consortium agents Jenk requested. Do as he asks, but only to keep suspicion off of you until you find out where the cult of Lissala is hiding. Once you know that, I need you to do two things. First, sabotage the Lissalan safe house as completely as possible. Second, throw the blame for the sabotage onto the Aspis Consortium."

“How you complete these tasks I leave to your discretion, but I want you to keep murder to a minimum. One of the Lissalan cultists is feeding us information, and I don’t want to risk you killing this valuable source. Furthermore, we want the Lissalans to remain alive so they can turn their full ire against the Aspis Consortium. Once you’ve accomplished these two mission objectives, return here.”

Heidmarch smiles broadly. [b]“Welcome to the Aspis Consortium. Any questions before you leave for Riddleport in the morning?”

Learn about Lissala

Knowledge(History) DC=15:

Lissala was the Thassilonian deity of runes, fate, duty, and obedience. Her worshipers are generally sadistic self-flagellants who believe that self-inflicted pain opens the mind to enlightenment.

Knowledge(History) DC=20:

Lissala taught the seven virtues of rulership to Thassilonians, but these virtues became perverted under the runelords to reflect the seven mortal sins. At that time, Lissala’s worship grew more secretive and more sadistic. Many scholars assume that Lissala, like most Thassilonian gods, is no longer worshiped.

Knowledge(History) DC=30:

Lissala may have created rune magic. Her followers commonly use runes and glyphs, including rune-carved guardians akin to golems.

Learn about Aspis Consortium

Knowledge(Local) DC=10:

The Aspis Consortium is a supranational trade organization with shadowy leadership and a reputation for ruthless trade practices.

Knowledge(Local) DC=15:

The Aspis Consortium hires countless common mercenaries and merchants. Bronze agents
hold the lowest rank of actual membership in the Consortium. Bronze agents are overseen by silver agents, who are in turn overseen by gold agents. A gold agent usually administers affairs in a large city or small nation.

Knowledge(Local) DC=20:

The Aspis Consortium has made several loans to power groups in Riddleport, including the three primary temples. These loans were drafted with intensely legalistic language and included steep interest rates, which the temples are often reluctant to pay, further entrenching them in debt.

Learn about Religions in Riddleport

Knowledge(Local) or Knowledge(religion) DC=15:

Riddleport’s primary temples are the Publican House, a tavern-temple of Cayden Cailean; the House of the Silken Veil, a brothel-temple of Calistria; and the Fish Bowl, a temple of Besmara.

Knowledge(Local) or Knowledge(religion) DC=20:

The Publican House is the tavern-temple of Cayden Cailean. All are welcome in this crowded, rowdy drinking hall, except for cyphermages. Gambling and drinking contests are common at the Publican House.

Knowledge(Local) or Knowledge(religion) DC=25:

The Besmaran priests at the Fish Bowl are rumored to perform blood sacrifices on those who have displeased the Pirate Queen. These sacrifices often involve feeding
victims to dangerous sea creatures.

Knowledge(Local) or Knowledge(religion) DC=30:

Worshipers of Calistria whisper that Shorafa Pamodae, mistress of the House of the Silken Veil, harbors a seething hatred of Vidrin Jenk.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

" The path is laid before us , so i´m eager to start , and deal vengeance against our enemies. I´ll just need to pay my respects to my Lord´s cult , and in the morning i´m ready to start. I must advice my collegues , that in order that for me not to be put in a situation where i have to lie , and i won´t lie , i´ll be pretending to be mude , so that i don´t jeopordize the mission"

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"Seems like more of a subelty mission than im used to, but as long as theres a few heads to bash here and there ill be fine.. Thats a good idea Talinthas, with us both being Ulfen ill take you as my mute brother so i can do the lieing for yea if need be.." With that he'll take his bronze badge and retunr to his Dragon Brew..

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr strokes his beard, nodding as he listens to the Venture-Captain relay their mission. Subterfuge wasn't his forté but this was their mission regardless.

"What kind o' knowledge would these bronze badges ha'e? Are we likely t' blow our cover th' first time we open our mouth?" Bedmyr asks, turning one of the badges over in his fingers.

The Exchange

Hmm Tiasar looks down and thinks for a moment, then turns to the party "I might need a day, if I have time to prepare I can get spells ready that are more suited to a subterfuge task"

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

"You mentioned you would prefer is not to show our faces around here in Magnimar. I assume it is because Aspis agents might be here in the city? Would there be any possibility of purchasing any scrolls or magic to aid in the mission?" Crar keeps his piercing eyes on the Venture Captain.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Answering Crar, Sheila nods and says "Just ask your servant, he can arrange anything to be bought for you in the morning, just give him the money and he will see what he can do." She smiles at Crar, though she finds him an atypical Pathfinder, and wonders how well he is suited to city life.

though she pauses and thinks, before answering any of the other questions posed by the party before her. I use this sort of story line to say I've not forgotten the rest of you will need an answer soon...oh b*m, my post just got eaten by the Paizo post monster. More later..

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Turning to the others Sheila smiles once more, "Let's try and answer some of your questions. From the way you are approaching this mission and the questions you ask, I am sure you will suceed and undermine our rivals, the Aspis Consortium."

"So...Tiasar... have no fear for you have plenty of time to prepare your magical incatations, for tomorrow you start the journey to Riddleport by ship, it will take several days. I'm sure it wont take you so long to prepare your magic. But it will give you some time to prepare."

She picks up one fo the bronze badges, "Bedmyr, provided you have these to present, none will question your alligance to the Aspis Consortium. You will easily pass off as Thestil Shadowtongue and his bunch of merenaries, for Agent Jenk has never seen them, indeed their ponchante for secrecy has worked in our favor, for only a very few within the consortium know who he and his compatriots are. Thestil Shadowtongue relies on his reputation and anonimity to both privide work and the privacy he needs to do it. At least one employer has fallen foul of Shadowtongue and ended up providing fertilizer for the fields, by treatening to expose his identity. Despite this his undoubted loyalty to the Consortium is without question and he goes to great lengths to ensure his anonimity and keep a mysterious aura around his name and work. In fact he is so sucessful, even his race and sex are not known. If one of you is Thistle, then he should be your best liar."

She picks a goblet of wine up and wets her lips, the red liquid drips from the side of her mouth, down to her chin as she can't help but say very softly, "Good vintage, hnmmm!" It is a only a moment, but her attention comes back to Roary. "I hope you can keep your blade in check, this is not, I repeat NOT a mission where it is acceptable to lead a trail of blood and bodies everywhere. It is most important you keep killing to a minimum, preferably none at all. If any of the main players in the Aspis Consortium end up dead, the Lisallan's might smell a rat, and think that it is not the Consortium that failed them, but some other group trying to frame them. This must not happen, you are duty bound to frame the Consortium.."

She looks at Roary, trying to determine if he understands and take note of her request, no her order. She continues, "it is imperative you do not kill any of the Lissalans, one of them is keeping the Society informed on the cult's work and deeds. We do not know who this is, so any indiscriminate killings may stop this flow of information. This must not happen. Besides, we need the Lissalan's to seek revenge on the Consortium, and the more there are of them, the more likely they will succeed."

"Although I say this, you must still defend yourselves and if a killing is unavoidable, then so be it. you do understand Roary, don't you?"

Sheila looks at you once more, "Well if that is all, I expect you want to return for a good nights sleep, be ready to sail on the morrow."

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary listens intently.. "I believe i can do as you ask.. But should we come under attack i cannot control myself too well when under the red rage.. Barring that i'll will maintain.. I swear it.."

The Exchange

Tiasar nods, glad that he has time to prepare. Upon seeing Roary speak quietly of his rage, Tiasar remembers Logen. He puts a hand on Roary's shoulder and looks at Sheila "I swear upon my ability to bend the arcane that nobody shall die unless it is absolutely necessary"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Drak nods in agreement with Tiasar.

"We'll try our best to blend in, and accomplish the mission as needed. And should any deaths be involved..."

He pauses for a moment.

"... I'm sure we'll be more than capable of hiding the casualties. Whatever is necessary to succeed."

Keeping out of sight, and keeping our faces hidden. It's just like any other day...

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

"Never fear my dear Lady , we will try our best not to draw attention upon ourselves , or the Society , and if you ask not to kill , i will comply to the best of my abilities. That´s why we have a flat face on the Sword , right ?!"
With this , he laughs , and clasps Roary´s shoulder.

1 to 50 of 601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.