Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties #4-07 (Inactive)

Game Master Deevor

The Pathfinder Society has discovered a new Aspis Consortium base in the pirate city of Riddleport and sends a small team of agents to infiltrate the rival cell disguised as newly hired mercenaries from Magnimar, to disrupt their operations.


301 to 350 of 601 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Talinthas:
Crar catches the eye of Talinthas and nods his head towards Shorafa. I hope he understands, we might be better trying to take Shorafa hostage, these negotiations aren't going anywhere.

Actually, just thought it would be fun to send my own secret messages.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas looks a little "surprised" to Crar , he can´t believe that his companion is suggesting something so low and "unrightful" as maybe using a woman as hostage!!

He shakes his head "no" discretly.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

To give you a clue on violence against Shorafa Pamodae .... she is 10 level according to the books on Riddleport...
One of you has thought a way you could go ....

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar gives a hoot in exasperation. Enough of this! In frustration, the shaman removes his Aspis badge and throws it down. "Enough! I can't do this anymore. I'm tired of pretending to be something I'm not." He turns to Shorafa. "Look, please, can't you help us?"

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Seeing that the group's inability to lie has compromised them.. "Look Shorafa its painfully obvious that you have seen threw our rouse.. We are in fact pathfinders and are under the guise of Consortium elites to obtain these items and garner favor of Boss Jenk.. Our real mission here is to upset the relationship between a rising Cult of Lissala and the Consortium.. Apparently they are in cahoots with one another and the Society doesn't appreciate this very much.. In order to find out the location of the cult we are to help Jenk.." He pauses, seemingly out of breath.. "Now if you could be so kind as to help us in our mission i'm sure the Society would be willing to compensate you for your aid.. A favor from such a powerful organization is a rare thing to be offered.. What do you say?"


Shorafa's smiles, then despite herself can't stop laughter escaping her lips. "Spies, treachery ... no wonder you have difficulty in answering Thestil ... hahaha!" Her reserved ferocity and hate is turned into the golden shoots of vengeance and the pleasure that brings.

more when I have my books.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Still smiling, Shofora claps her hands loudly and two armoured priests enter, approaching their high priestess, they listen to her words, leaving. The high priestess of Calistra turns to you again, "Then my friends, you shall have the dagger that you seek, it will be a fitting prize for Jenks. Be sure to let him have it."

The two priests enter again bringing with them a locked iron case with a glass lid containing a dagger shaped like a wasp’s stinger. The case is locked, but there is no key. "If Jenk wants the dagger so badly, he can get the case open on his own and so he will feel the sting of Calistra, having what he can't hold. Now you have what you want, please enjoy the hospitality of the temple, food and drink may be yours, though the company will require a donation to our goddess for she must still receive her dues, though I am sure it need not be the full amount. Now I have other business to attend to." Shorafa waves her hands regally and her attendants escort you from her rooms back to the brothel.

You may interact with Shofora, before she asks you to leave, just wanted to give you the option before you close this encounter, or partake of the entertainments.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr grimaces as their deception is unveiled but at least they got what they had come for. His concern stems from the fact that they don't know if there are any Aspis spies within earshot.

"Our thanks f'r the dagger, Shofora," he remarks, before inclining his head towards the exit, "Ah think it best if we head back t' Jenks now."

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas galantly aproaches her , and taking her hand kisses it , and says:
"It has been an honour to have made dealings with my Lady. I hope that we can meet in other circunstances and i´ll gladly pay any tributes your Goddess deems necessary ...."

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar stands open-mouthed at this turn of events. He watches the departing Shorafa and wants to give his thanks, but considering everything else he has said on this mission has been disastrous, he keeps his beak shut. Shrugging his shoulders, he bends down and picks up the Aspis badge and puts it in his pocket until the group is outside again and he considers putting the badge on again. Meanwhile, he looks around at the others: "Well, I'm ready to go when you are."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

It's quite late at night, back to Jenk's place? or are you going somewhere else? I'm assuming Jenks.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary takes the box from Shofora.. "Thank you for understanding and we'll make sure to let him open it.. Comon guys let go." With that he turns and heads out and back to Jenk's place..

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Please make sure you know what your faction missions are .... so of you might want to plan for the next scene...

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

As the group leaves the temple, Crar muses. "Wasn't one of our objectives to find the cult of Lissala's safe house and rough it up a bit? And somehow put the blame on Aspis? We've had a good tour of the temples, but I don't think any of tthem belonged to this Lissala."

Crar also takes an opportunity to sidle up to Tiasar. "Hey there, Tiasar. By any chance, are you good at illusions? Did you ever get a chance to take a look at those tokens Jenk gave us? I've got a couple ideas, but I could use your help.." he says conspiratorially.
I had a bit of trouble palming one of his tokens before, but I liked your plan before, maybe if I had a couple illusory ones to leave it might help. And, if we do find this safe house, having his tokens to leave as calling cards might be handy for driving a wedge between Aspis and the cult.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Gentle reminder Jenks told you to return with the things he collected by which time he would know where the cult is located.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"I think we were supposed to get information about the cult upon our return.."

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar smiles up at the big barbarian. "True enough, Roary. Let's get back and have another crack at this Jenk."

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

You walk through the dark almost deserted streets of Riddleport on your way back to Jenks office. When you arrive a brazier is alight giving warmth and light to a couple of the protectors, that guard the Aspis Consortium's holdings. Rubbing their hands, warming them at the fire as the fresh smelling wood is burnt, smoke rising a darker darkness into the sky, these men watch you approach. As they see your faces become clearer in the light, they nod. "Evening gents, had an enjoyable evening. Jenks is a bit busy tonight, do you want to come back in the morning, he asked not to be disturbed?" the man with a scarred face and busy beard asks resignedly, with little interest, his dark eyes looking at your badges. The other, a thin wiry man offers, "You can wait here by the fire if you want, he's bound to come out soon. Where've you been, anywhere nice? Bet it was better than just standing out here as the night gets colder."

From where you are you see a light on in the office where you met Jenks earlier this evening.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Sense Motive DC=12:

The two guards seem a bit bored by the night and happy to talk to you.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr squints at the guards for a moment before joining them.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"What's yer name, lad? Ah'm sure ah've seen yeh somewhere before. Yeh been here long?" he asks the wiry one. He holds his hands out towards the fire.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar joins in, warming his hands by the light of the brazier. "A shopping trip for Jenk. What about you? Has Jenk got you running all over Riddleport too?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary just stands aside and listens to the conversation..

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Jaquadaue starts to talk with Bedmyr, in vague terms about his time in the Aspis Consortium. He seems to relax the more you speak to him, though you think he is still a bit suspicious about you, despite his warmth. As they share the fire, they laugh at Crar's suggestion they've been running around Riddleport, "Oh yeah, like we'd be standin here if we had somewhere else to work for Jenks. No yous the lucky uns." They share a cup of hot beverage, "To keep you warm in the cold night. Though if I were you, I'd find somewhere warm to stay the night and come back in the morning. Jenks will no doubt be ready to do business then."

Diplomacy DC=20:

Grand Lodge faction mission completed, you are able to discover the names of some members of the Aspis Consortium.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Who has the highest Diplomacy amongst the Grand Lodge members? I'm at 0 ranks with a -1 modifier so I'd be best placed to Aid Another.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

I have, but remember i´m passing for a someone that doesn´t talk....do you think you can find something to work around this?

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Talinthas will find it very hard to question the mercenaries about the Aspis Consortium, without speaking, so would need others to aid him. He is at -5 without speaking, who will help your tough paladin? Fortunately his force of personality and friendliness, allow him to make a good impression on the two men. The brazier seems to give off more heat when Talinthas is there, the drink tastes better that sort of thing, especially if you have any abilities/spells which would help. Any skills that might help, the light is a little brighter?

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

I could use a little gunpowder to stoke the fire up a little.

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

The Exchange

Tiasar is a character who often puts his foot in his mouth in social situations and the only spell I can possibly imagine helping right now is a very clever use of Silent Image which I believe would be overkill and a waste of a 1st level spell

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar notices the chill in the air and the Aspis goons trying to keep themselves warm. "Here, maybe this will help warm things up for us." He grasps one of the amulets at his throat and utters a short incantation. A ball of fire appears in the palm of his hand, and he juggles it back and forth between his hands. Doing so both warms up the night a bit and adds a bit more light to the situation as well. The beaky shaman tries to give his warmest, most winning smile.

Just saw the result on the roll below, and I know this just isn't going to end well. Basically, cast produce flame to warm things up a bit, then make Diplomacy roll to aid Talinthas.
Diplomacy Aid another 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

OK +2 for the spell, produce flame .... hoping Roary can help you out..

Bedmyr tells the two men that his special powder will help the fire get warmer, sprinkling over the flame a grey powder. Unfortunately he miscalculated the amount and there is a large bang and a plume of fire and black smoke fire upward from the brazier. Bedmyr's face and that of Jaquadaue, who was watching closely, look like pandas, their faces blackened except the for white rings around the eyes. Bedmyr's beard smokes, its edge singed. The fire in the brazier blown out by the mini explosion. Jaquadaue glares at the dwarf, wiping a finger across his cheek leaving a white streak. He looks at his finger, "Very clever!!" he says with venom, whilst the other big man sniggers at the result, until he realises that the fire is now out.

Crar steps up quickly to rectify the situation, "Here, maybe this will help warm things up for us." He grasps one of the amulets at his throat and utters a short incantation. A ball of fire appears in the palm of his hand, and he juggles it back and forth between his hands. Doing so both warms up the night a bit and adds a bit more light to the situation as well. The beaky shaman tries to give his warmest, most winning smile. He places the globe of fire into the brazier, it catches the half burned wood, red embers quickly glow a warm heat, pushing back the cold air of the night. Both the mercenaries smile at the strangely dressed man, "At least one of you has some sense." they say pointedly, "Thanks..."

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr laughs heartily at the minor explosion.

"Well, it isn't an exact science," he says, clapping Jaquadaue on the shoulder, "No harm, no foul!" Bedmyr grins widely.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary steps forward pulling a bottle from his pack.. "Well if your looking to stay warm nothing helps like a little sauce.. Here" He tosses the bottle of whiskey to the men..

Dip Aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

And somehow makes it seem honest..

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Grand Lodge Faction Mission accomplished .... nearly midnight now..

The whiskey provided by Roary loosens the tongues of the two men and after an hour or so of being in conversation (or what passes for hand signs) you all swap tales, so true, some lies. However the astute Grand Lodge members weedle out of the men the names of other agents in the Aspis Consortium, and with satisfied nods to one another, signal a nights work well done.

As you complete the your light interrogation of the men, you turn to see that the light in Jenk's office has disappeared. All is black in the compound. Jenks must have slipped out his own private entrance, bypassing the front gate. Having befriended the mercenaries, they offer you all to spend the night here with them, or direct you to a travelers rest house, that despite the time will still be open for paying guests. "Jenks'll be back in the morning, he's always in for his mid-morning coffee."

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

"Ah'd take it tha' there are beds inside t' grab a few hours kip?" Bedmyr asks, nodding towards the building.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

"Well not so much beds, but you might find some straw or some'at in the warehouse, if it's not been locked up. The rest of the lads'll be back at our house. Well I say our house, the consortium got us a couple of rooms and a kitchen for livin. Most o' the time we'll end up down the road in the tavern, its warmer and there's female company there. If you be wantin a bed, then try the guest house or if you're really up for it, the whore house is always has nice warm beds." he laughs a smile of reminiscence crosses his face.

The burly one chirps in, "Yeah, ain't no home comforts here, but after a little more o' that drink o' yours, you won't have to care for comfort. Just the earth and a blanket's all you'll need." he smiles showing a set of broken teeth in his mouth. "That is, if you got any more bottles of that stuff, maybe we could all share some more."

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary pulls out 2 more bottles.. "My last bit.. Was saving it for a cold night.. I guess this fits the bill.." He tosses one of the bottles to the man and pops the cork on the other..

Do i smell an opportunity to search the place for cult evidence?

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Either that or some assistance to get other missions complete.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar laughs heartily but comradely at the exploding powder and the looks on Bedmyr and Jaquadue's faces. With an interest in alchemy himself, he notes to Bedmyr, "Remind me to ask you about more about that powder in the morning. It looks like it would be useful stuff. In the right amount, of course."

As the bottles of whiskey are being passed around, Crar takes a swig and nods at the house. "So there are places to stay here? It's pretty late, can't really be bothered finding somewhere else this late to crash this late in the game. Besides, we'd be ready here to report in when we Jenk comes back - it's good to make a good start with the boss, you know what I mean?"

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Not time for descriptions and stuff ... but ...

You suffer a lot of snide comments from the mercenaries for sleeping in the compound and they even seem to take you less seriously with sarcastic comments flying around. Work starts as normal, but Jenks does not appear.

At around 11:30 in the morning Jenks arrives back at his office, he casts a look of astonishment at you looking somewhat disheveled after you night in the compound. He cheerfully calls over, "Good night? I do hope you slept well, I should have something for you to do later. Let me go get myself settled, let's say you come back here at one. Bring the items, you'll need them. You did accomplish all?" He dismisses you with wave of his hand and continues up to his office.

You go up to Jenks office at the appointed hour, where you find him once more behind his desk. Looking up he asks, "OK, lets have a look at what you've recovered?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

During all this time , Talinthas was staying quietly behind the other members of the group , but never to refuse a drink , participated in the "drinking interrogation" of last night , laughing half-heartedly at the obscene jokes going around , but using this time to rest , and despite being in the compound, he manages to maintain his military composture and dressing discipline.

As soon as all the members enter the office , he stays behind , using his body against the other to keep shut and secure , while the others do the talking...

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary places all the items on the desk.. Including the unopened box containing the dagger.. "All the items were gathered as requested.."

The Exchange

Tiasar remains in the back, looking around curiously and occasionally noting something in his journal, but otherwise staying quiet unless he's asked something

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

I guess that means then that we didn't have an opportunity to check Jenks' office during the night. What about during the day? The man's gotta go for a comfort break at some point.

As per previous post, is there any chance of an assist from Tiasar re silent image of one or more of the tokens Jenk had on his desk, before we go into the office? If I was to attempt a swap with the real thing at some point while we were in his office, would that be a Sleight of Hand roll?

Crar follows everyone into Jenk's office, standing near to the desk again but not saying much this time. Last time, everything he said seemed to turn out pretty disastrous, so he's happy that Roary is taking the lead in reporting. One of his hands is cupped, as if he is concealing something.

Sleight of Hand attempt (if needed) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

The Exchange

Tiasar is not the sort of character whos thoughts would immediately turn to trickery, but if you asked him and it seemed reasonable he would help you

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

No problem then, Tiasar. I guess the opportunity has passed anyway, I've really fluffed it with Crar in this adventure. I've not been a very useful party member this time around.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Jenks moves his papers and the pile of consortium badges from the centre of his table, making room for Roaory to put down the items. He watches carefully as Roary puts them down one by one, the hat, the mug followed by the locked iron case with a glass lid encasing Calistra's stinger.

Jenks takes the 'gifts' as he casts his eyes over them, "Good" he purrs in a satisfied tone. Though he is a first perturbed by the locked case. "The key?" he asks.

It Crar and Tiasar need to have a conversation, to plan what they would do, they have had the whole night to discuss it and the whole morning, so it you want to retcon, I'll allow it. In real time you have until Thursday to work it out, as its pbp.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

No, it's okay GM. I'll have a think about alternatives - see note. Also, having gotten some rest have we had time to renew spells?

GM Note:

Apart from the tokens Jenk seems to have scattered on his desk, are there items that would be readily identifiable as Jenk's that could be used to better impersonate him? Would they be any closer to Crar or easier to purloin, perhaps while Jenk is distracted looking at the items?

Perception check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Sorry, yes its anew day, you had rest so renew your spells....and any other abilities.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Crar:

There is a token close by, but you will need to do a sleight of hand check, opposed by Jenks perception modified by any clever stuff you do, or if you use good timing.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

As Jenk looks over the retrieved items, Crar bides his time. When the Aspis boss is distracted, the shaman slowly slides his hand forward and pockets one of the personal tokens Jenk has lying about on his desk. To cover his move, he almost knocks over an ornamental paperweight off the desk, catching it and replacing it. As Jenk looks over, Crar just smiles sheepishly. "Sorry, sir. I am a bit clumsy." He takes a step back from the desk, looking embarrased.

As he takes a step back, Crar's eyes dart around to the others, gauging whether or not they've seen what he has done.

Ready action, if Jenk is looking distracted and intent on other things, Crar tries to pocket one of the tokens as above. Bluff check to help cover his move and make it look like he's doing something else.

Bluff 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

It's a pretty lame bluff to go with a pretty average dice roll, but couldn't be more pleased with the sleight of hand check, can only hope it's enough.

301 to 350 of 601 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.