Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties #4-07 (Inactive)

Game Master Deevor

The Pathfinder Society has discovered a new Aspis Consortium base in the pirate city of Riddleport and sends a small team of agents to infiltrate the rival cell disguised as newly hired mercenaries from Magnimar, to disrupt their operations.


351 to 400 of 601 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Jenks looks across at Crar as he hears the crash, but quickly looks back to the holy relics and shrugs as no key is forthcoming. "You did well, now I have something more for you to do. The consortium wishes to make allies with some Lissalan cultists, take these items as agift from the Consortium to them here in Riddleport." he smiles at you. Taking a paper from his desk, he hands it to you, "A message from no less than the Spider, so I would ask you to deliver the items to the Lissalan cultists underneath the Seven Needles tattoo parlor. It will enhance you reputation and influence within the Consortium." He steps back and rests, half sitting on his desk. "You will do it?" he asks almost politely.

Crar manages to find Jenk's signet ring under papers on the desk.

Sorry things are a bit slow from me, work is tough at the moment, we've got another 5 months of builders at home, all a bit hectic this real life thing.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

So just to reiterate, we don't get to massacre the cultists? :P

The Exchange

Aren't we supposed to trash their place a bit, and put the blame on Aspis?

Crar nods in acknowledgement of the new mission, a hint of a smile on his face. "Any other message you want us to take to the cultists? Or bring back to you?"

Who is the Spider?

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas silently nods in acceptance.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"That shouldn't be a problem.. We'll head over there directly.." He grabs up the items and heads out..

Once outside and out of ear shot. "Ok so we know where the cult is, now we just need to sabotage the safe house and put the blame on the Aspis.. Seeing how we are portraying Aspis representatives i shouldn't think to be to hard.. Just what todo is the challenge.. If we could just kill them all it would be easy.. We can't so i say we expose the cult's location and make it known to them it was the Aspis that did it.." He pauses..

"We could show up, but not offer the items instead tell there leaders that the Aspis is done with them and to get the hell outta Riddleport.. Thoughts?"

Pretty sure Spider is the Aspis VC

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The band of intrepid pathfinder agents start off towards the tattoo parlor discussing their plans.

Let me know when you want to get to the tattoo parlor.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Unless there is combat en route, I think it best we just head straight there. Don't want to give the impression we're dawdling.

Bedmyr seems a little put out at not getting to put some cultists in the ground, but he supposes this is the next best thing.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas says to his companions to get moving quickly , so they don´t appear to know what they are doing.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Apologies for my absence last week, had a few different things that prevented me from getting recreational time on the computer.

With Talinthas' prodding, Crar agrees to head towards the tattoo parlor right away, the better to get all this done. As he walks, he secrets Jenk's ring in an inner pocket. Then, turning to the others, he asks: "Any plans for how we'll handle this cult? Do we go all out from the start or do we try to get some information from them first?"

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

You make your way to the Wharf District, not very far from the Consortium and Jenk's base in the city.

Tenements sprawl across the portion of the Wharf District between Zincher’s Arena and the solid-looking Gas Forges. A shop with a sign reading “Seven Needles” stands at the end of a dim, trash-strewn alley. The tattoo parlor is abandoned, its windows cracked and portions of its wooden trim looking like they were removed long ago. A deserted shop in this isolated corner of the district.

What do you do...

Perception or Survival DC 18:

From outside you notice footprints in the dust that coats the floor of the shop.

The Exchange

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Tiasar keeps reading the sign, as if there was some secret message hidden inside the fading letters.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Bedmyr indicates towards the footprints in the dust silently.

"It looks like there has been recent activity," he murmurs.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"Remember we have a person on the inside, but i would suggest we subdue the cultists and trash their place, leaving them a message to get outa town.. We then drop one of our badges to place the blame on the consortium.. Lastly i say we leave some sorta sign that this place is a cultist lair when we leave.."

Perc.: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Perc.: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Talinthas says he agrees with Roary´s plan.

The Exchange

"I could burn a message into a wall with acid. It would take quite a bit of time though"

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

As the group enter, they too leave foot prints in the dust of the shop floor.

Perception DC=15:

The interior of the shop holds nothing of interest other than a concealed trap door

The Exchange

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Tiasar keeps his eyes to the ground, looking at the dust, then notices the trap door. "Hey, look there"

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"I say we use our Aspis covers to the max.. Lets try to gain access using that and after trust is gained knock em out etc.." Roary will lift the trap door and descend.. His badge displayed openly and the goods carried in his pack..

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar keeps his eyes peeled, checking all around to see if the group has been followed or if they are being watched as they enter the seemingly abandoned tattoo parlor. On entering, he notes the marks of traffic across the dusty floor. Perception check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 . He also spots the concealed door. Perception check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 . Before Roary opens the door and descends, the shaman kneels down and listens for any activity on the other side of the door. Then, standing up, he takes Roary's advice and makes sure his Aspis badge is prominent on his feathery cloak.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr follows the example set by Crar and Roary and fixes his badge to a bandolier.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas puts the Aspis badge also in clear sight. And follows Roary in the descent .

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The trap door in the tattoo parlor leads to a series of stone
tunnels beneath Riddleport.Entering down into the tunnels. The tunnels are lit allowing you to see quite clearly.

Roary out in front turns the corner to see the tunnel round to the right running straight ahead, he spots a mosaic design on the floor, halfway down the hall, (see map).

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Perc.: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Talinthas touches Roary shoulder and examines the mosaic.

He also tries to remember if he saw that design elsewhere...

Know. Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Looking back to his companions.. "Is that thing magical? A trap perhaps?"

The Exchange

I'll detect magic, studying it for 3 rounds. Here's some checks if needed

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Roary is glad that when he looked round the corner there were no guards or other creatures guarding the entrance.

Talinthas:

You hear the faint sounds of chanting coming from down for the interior. There is also a scratching and shuffling sound, which cannot be pinpointed.

Tiasar:

First round: Is there magic here: yes. But then, that comes as no surprise.
Second round: How many auras? A few.
Third round: What school and intensity, and where:
There are moderate evocation auras coming from the lights in the ceiling.
There is a moderate abjuration aura on the entire hallway, approximately in the same area as the mosaic on the floor. There's some other, minor effect there as well, being masked by the abjuration, either divination or illusion.

Given the location, it's plausible that a secret cult might want to disable scrying sensors. Or it may be an alarm system of some sort.

Your lecturers at the university would often extol the virtues of clerics for their ability to create glyphs to ward an area against intruders, though its precise nature you cannot tell.

I am away tomorrow so if I get time I'll post am UK time before,..... Alter Bridge, Shinedown and Halestorm playing Wembley ... oh yeah!! Back Saturday

The Exchange

"There is something aggressive in those lights. I think that's probably the most dangerous thing going on. Also the entire hallway is coated in protective magic, but it's hiding something as well. It's either divination or illusion, my guess is either a spell to stop scrying or it's an alarm"

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides
Tiasar wrote:
[b]"There is something aggressive.....

Added a bit more for your very good knowledge roll.

The Exchange

Thanks

"However, I do think it is divine in nature. I believe it's a glyph to ward against intruders, but I'm not sure how it does so"

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas whispers to his teammates:
We need to procede with caution , because i hear faint sounds of chanting coming from down for the interior. There is also a scratching and shuffling sound, which i cannot pinpoint.
Tiasar , could we go over the glyph , maybe jumping, without activating it?

The Exchange

DM, can I tell anything about what would set it off or any way to disarm it?

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar allows the others to examine the magic, though his ears prick up when he hears Tiasar mention the wards might be divine magic. He has a look himself to see if he can contribute any of his knowledge, but he is also intent on the sounds Talinthas says are coming from down the corridor.

Perception check to listen 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Spellcraft check to check wards 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr, unable to contribute to the deciphering of the ward, places his hand on the grip of his pistol in case of anyone approaching them.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Unfortunately you are unable to determine the triggering mechanism, that's a rogue's territory.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"Well it seems there's noway around it and with that chanting id say they know we're hear.. Bottom line try to not kill em, but if they leave you no choice..." Running Roary tries to jump over the glyph..

Running Jump: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Well good enough to clear a 5' square

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Got the map wrong I realised when I started writing, will put it up tomorrow.

As Roary takes a longer than normal step in his run, he clears the mosaic and continues his sprint, hearing nothing and seeing nothing in front of him. He reaches the end of the corridor, where his progress is blocked by floor-to-ceiling iron bars, some made into a door, the bars are an inch in diameter and 6 inches apart. Through them Roary can see further down a corridor.

Behind Roary, Tiasar feels magical auras dissipate. To the left of the mosaic, the wall disappears, revealing more floor-to-ceiling iron bars. Behind the bars is a strange squat, green skinned reptilian monster that has eight legs, bony spurs jutting from its back, and eyes that glow pale green......it shuffles towards the bars as you hear the sound you heard before. The creature looks about 8ft long as it's tails swishes from side to side.

In the background, the chanting continues slightly louder, as though some religious ceremony is underway.

Initiatives please ...
Knowledge(Arcana) to identify the beast.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Bedmyr pulls out his gun, but holds off firing until they figure out whether the beast is a sentry and can be bypassed or whether they have to fight it.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Talinthas takes out his weapon and shield from the back and prepares to battle....

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

The Exchange

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

GM:

M1 Init 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Tiasar:

You don't recognize the deadly looking creature with green glowing eyes.

Crar Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

You all go before the creature, Map

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary charges the beast... Free Action Rage

Attack+Rage+Charge-PA: 1d20 + 8 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 3 + 2 - 1 = 29
Damage+Rage+PA: 2d6 + 6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 6 + 3 + 3 = 22

The Exchange

Trap yourself in with the barbarian. Marvelous job creature lol. Well, my action will depend on if Roary just one shot it...

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The description above said 'Behind the bars' ... meaning there are bars between you and the creature. To get in the enclosure with the creature you would need to get through the door in the bars.... But on the bright side, it can't bite you!!

Quote:
To the left of the mosaic, the wall disappears, revealing more floor-to-ceiling iron bars. Behind the bars is a...

@Roary you may redo your go as you are unable to charge and attack though the bars... if you want to use the charge etc to burst through the iron barred door, then I will allow you that attempt with a strength check using the roll of 17.

Tiasar reasons that the suddenly exposed set of caged enclosures must be part of the underground complex used by Zincher's Arena to house beasts and maybe storerooms. It is some distance from the central area of the arena so is quite probably little used by Zincher's staff.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Opps sorry.. Well if it cant get to use then there's no use in killing it.. I vote move on..

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Roary, this is what halts you from proceeding further into the temple.

Quote:
He reaches the end of the corridor, where his progress is blocked by floor-to-ceiling iron bars, some made into a door, the bars are an inch in diameter and 6 inches apart.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

I guess im confused.. Theres bars blocking the creature and bars in front of us? If so he'll use the 17+6str mod to bend bars in front of there way..

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

Yes, see the map.

Wait to see if Crar posts.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Intiative - 18

Spellcraft check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Acrobatics check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Hearing sounds of movement ahead, Crar moves up to the end of the corridor - following Roary's lead and leaping over the mosaic but actually landing right on it - and peers over Roary's shoulder at the creature beyond the bars, blocking the way. He tries to work out what type of creature it might be, as he grasps one of his amulets to start casting a spell.

I take it that the creature is around the corner from where we are standing on the map? Crar will take a double move for 40 feet which should put me just to the left of Roary. Plan for next round is to swap out produce flame spell to spontaneously cast summon nature's ally I, and summon a giant centipede to attack the creature.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

We if we are attacking it...

Bedmyr pulls out his pistol, takes aim and fires a bullet at the creature.

Attack (pistol, Point Blank Shot): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage (pistol, Point Blank Shot): 1d8 ⇒ 3

I can't access the map at work, so move Bedmyr to within 30' of the creature.

351 to 400 of 601 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.