Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties #4-07 (Inactive)

Game Master Deevor

The Pathfinder Society has discovered a new Aspis Consortium base in the pirate city of Riddleport and sends a small team of agents to infiltrate the rival cell disguised as newly hired mercenaries from Magnimar, to disrupt their operations.


51 to 100 of 601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr nods, stashing the badge under his overcoat.

"I've no more questions," he states, ready to get some sleep before they depart.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"The flat face.. Umm.. Yea.. I can try that i suppose.."


waiting for any shopping orders.

The Exchange

I don't have any, the only mundane thing i need is food and rope which I already have

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Mmm, on second thought the only purchase Crar will make is a potion of cure light wounds, so he can save his spell slots for other uses. A potion of glibness might come in handy in this situation, though.

Crar indicates that he has no more questions and is ready for the mission. He waits for the group to be dismissed before going to prepare for the trip.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary has 50gp to put towards a potion or something.. He also has a full cure lt wounds wand that he will give to someone who can use it..

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

In the morning, the servant returns to Crar with a potion of cure light wounds, handing it over he says, "Here, the cost is 50gp, but the other potion you desired is extremely expensive, they would charge 1050gp, which is extremely expensive. I have a boy to go collect if if you still want it and can give me the gold so that it can be paid for?"

You have until 10am Sun 19th May to complete shopping....

You complete your morning rituals and refresh yourselves with a hearty breakfast before a carriage arrives and takes you down to the docks. You passage is secured on a small sailed ship bound for Riddleport. When you get down below, you are each given a locker and bunk. As you open your assigned locker, you see a note inside. The note is addressed to you and carries the seal of your faction leader.

Your faction missions, if I have not given you the correct faction misson, please let me know.

Bedmyr, Drak, Raul, Tiasar:

Grand Lodge
Loyal Pathfinder,
We strive, as always, against the Aspis Consortium and their extensive network of shadowy puppeteers. The
Consortium’s bullyboys are fungible; we need to get better information about their leaders. Get me names.
Venture-Captain Heidmarch told me about silver agent Vidrin Jenk in Riddleport. Jenk recently commissioned
several other mercenaries from within the Aspis Consortium, and they’re now with him in Riddleport. Discover
the names of these mercenaries if you can; more importantly, find out the names of these mercenaries’ former
superiors, preferably from the mercenaries themselves.
Identifying all the players in the Consortium’s shadowy network is time-consuming, but will bear fruit.
Keep your training in mind,
Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin

Crar:

Shadow Lodge
Diligent Ally,
Heidmarch is certainly proud of her plan to infiltrate the Aspis Consortium. She doesn’t realize that I
have several such infiltration schemes already in motion in various stages, from sympathetic wholesalers to
deep-cover operatives within the Aspis Consortium itself. I find Heidmarch’s machinations as “spymaster”
exceedingly quaint.
You will obtain a personal meeting with Vidrin Jenk. I need some personal, identifiable token of his so
another of my agents can more successfully impersonate him. Steal one or convince him to give one to you.
Keep a watchful eye,
Grandmaster Torch

Roary, Talinthas:

Taldor
Loyal Patriot,
How fortunate your journey to Riddleport! Varisia is a new field ready for planting the seeds of aristocracy,
and I encourage you to glad-hand among the people of the city. If you gain the attention of a large crowd, lead
them in one of our patriotic tunes (I am partial to “Forests and Fields of Noble Taldor,” but “Gilded Oppara”
is easier to teach to an impromptu crowd). Do so with a gleeful countenance and enthusiastic fervor, and you
plant seeds that will bloom in this fertile new land.
Very truly,
Lady Gloriana Morilla

The several days at sea pass uneventfully, even the sea seems calm, as if awaiting to see how you fare with your task ahead.

You arrive a half-hour before sunset. Over the afternoon, the temperature has dropped several degrees, and rainclouds roil above the horizon north and west.

The crew tosses some large chunks of leftover stewmeat off the starboard prow, to distract the marinelife from the gangplank on the port side. "Watch yer step," warns the captain. "If yah fall in, we'll fish out wh's left o' yah." None of the sailors laugh at this.

The docks of Riddleport are darker and dirtier than Magnimar. There are some strikingly animated people waiting dockside -- a cadre of nervous boys arout 10 years' old are eager to carry your bags for you, for example -- but for the most part, you get the feeling that the people are used to keeping their heads down and their eyes open.

What next? Night will soon be upon you.

Common Knowledge in blog you know about Riddleport.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr read the note in his locker, before discarding it overboard at an opportune moment. He was not built for subterfuge but he knew there were others working for the Grand Lodge on board so he figured that he'd be able to work with them to get the knowledge that Valsin required.

---

As the boat slides into Riddleport, Bedmyr glances over the side of the ship. He wasn't fond of travelling by sea, yet in this case the mission requires it. As they pass under the Cyphergate, he eyes the towering structure with mild curiosity.

"An impressive structure fer somethin' no' built by Dwarves," he muses, before he turns his attention to the dockside.

"It appears tha' we have a welcomin' party," he states drily, as he motions towards the small crowd of young boys seemingly eager to assist. Other than this small area of interest, Bedmyr is unimpressed by the general state of the city.

"Looks as thou' it c'ld do with a good wash down," he comments as the deckhands tie up the ship next to the dock.

The Exchange

Enjoying the open sea, Tiasar spends much of his time at the front of the boat simply looking out and readin. As they arrive he looks around at the faces Seems life is tough here

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Thalinthas passes 50 GP , to buy a potion of cure light wounds.

He just passes his time practicing his sword routines during the voyage.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

"I'll also pick up a potion as well, please."

Drak spends his time on the boat, looking out, awaiting their arrival. He sharpens his blades as they get closer.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

As some small boys gather round Bedmyr on the dockside, they start badgering him. "Hey sir, let me guide you to the best Inn in town, only 5 copper pieces" says the young ragamuffin, in he dirty green grey shirt and brown and mud shorts, his bare feet black with the grim of the city. Whilst another shouts, "I'll help take your bags to Mrs Kirps, she runs the Seafarers Golden Guest House, nice place to rest your heads, only 10cps to you."

You all alight on the dockside, smelling the decaying fish, that float on the surface of the harbour waters, Refuge from the fishermen as they sort their catch, before landing.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary looks down at the young chaps.. "Ill carry my own bags, but me and my compatriots here are indeed looking for a place to stay.. Hows bout yall take us somewhere abit less smelly eh?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Looking around , seeing his surroundings ,tries to Sense the boys motive ( Sense Motive = 6 : 1D20+5 = 1+5 )and decides that he is being honest , and so says:
Lead on my young friend , and if it is indeed a good Inn , i´ll give you a copper piece.
Neverthless , he tries to recall any Knowledge of the Religions in the city , while as he walks , he is actively surveying if they are being followed.
Know Religion = 6 : 1D20+4 = 2+4
Perception = 5 : 1D20+1 = 4+1

The Exchange

Tiasar writes something down in his journal, and kind of just curiously inspects the city while following his companions, trusting their street smarts more than his own

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

My rolls are amazing today....

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr gives the young boys a meaningful glare intended to cause them to back up a bit. As the others ask the boys for directions, he takes a moment to glance around at their surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Regarding the potions: Crar nods to the servant and smiles. "Never mind, I had just been musing out loud, that a potion of glibness would be useful on such a mission. We will get by without it, I'm sure. But the potion of healing, I will take with thanks." He counts out 50 gold and gives it to the servant.

On arrival:
When the ship docks, Crar disembarks with the others, breathing in the smell of the place. It smells of fish, sure, but it's also the furthest north he's been since joining the Pathfinder Society. The air almost smells of home. He smiles as he watches Bedmyr stare down the group of street urchins, and takes in the details of the city. In particular, he looks at the temples, churches, and religious iconography of Riddleport, looking for any signs of the followers of Lissala. Unfortunately, being a worshiper of the local spirits of nature, Crar's religious knowledge is a bit spotty.

Know (religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Worth another try, eh?

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Roary, Crar can cast divine spells, so he could use your wand on you if you like.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Sounds good.. He would give it too you..

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Upon their arrival, Drak gets off the ship and takes a good look around. He's been traveling from city to city, but nothing quite a city this religious.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The one thing Bedmyr and Drak do notice about this 'religious city' is how many rough and tough looking sailors there are. Certainly it looks like its living up to its reputation as the 'civilised' pirate city. Whoever runs this place does so with a strong arm. Indeed at first glance it's reputation looks well deserved. The infamous city of Riddleport renowned as a haven for scoundrels, outcasts, and worse.

Cutthroats fill its harbor and dockside brothels, with Riddleport's officers of the law being just another gang of thieves (and hardly the most powerful one at that). Yet even in such a den of inequity and vice, scholars and historians abound, attempting to decipher the runes of the great arch known as the Cyphergate, which spans the mouth of the harbor and looms over each vessel that passes into the city.

You soon realise that in this place the only religions with any following are those that honour the activities of the place, drinking, whoring and pirating, though there may be others. They would not be openly known, but be cults of gods more associated with murder, greed and other base evils. All that your Venture Captain in Magnimar told you seems true.

Along the dockside, it won't be difficult to find an Inn or Tavern, or even rest with a woman for a few minutes of intimate knowledge. Though as you stand looking and taking it all in, the street urchins clamour round you some more.

One of the young scruffs, takes Talinthas by the hand and starts to lead him away from the dockside, "Mostly when visitors arrive, Mystery of the Gate" is the best place to stay. Lots of them blokes what look at the arch. You here to look at the arch as well?" He asks, before he asks random questions to discover any way he might aid you as a guide about town. He looks up through his mat of long brown hair, "1 silver piece a day and I'll take you anywhere you want to go. I know the whole town you know, get you into anywhere. Won't find a better one than me" he smiles.

Until after a few minutes walk, you arrive at the Inn, Mystery of the Gate., busy with stern faced academics, with books strewn on tables as they pick at their food, seemingly barely keeping themselves full in their obsession with the Cyphergate. Whilst they seem in the majority, various other adventurers lift their eyes from their drink or food and briefly look you over before continuing on with their conversations and meals.

Behind a counter at the end of the bar, sits an old woman grey haired woman, in a dark shawl. Behind her on a chalked board it states, Room available: Common Room 5 silver per day, Private Room (shared) 1 gold per day, Private Room 3 gold per day.
Meals: 5sp per day

knowledge(Local) to find out more on Riddleport.

Map of Riddleport
Portait of Riddleport
Trouble down by the docks in Riddleport

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr follows the group, his eyes constantly watching out for danger. As they arrive at the inn, Bedmyr looks mildly interested in the academic activity going on but quickly loses interest as they are largely ignored.

"So, what's th' plan then?" he murmurs to the group.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary takes in the sights with a big smile on his face.. I think i could enjoy this town.. Upon entering the tavern he examines the prices.. "Im fine with sharing a private room with one of yall..
I think we should get settled and come up with a game plan before we seek out this Vidrin Jenk.. Im sure our guide will know where this Barracuda Cartage Company is.."

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas gives the boy 1 silver piece , and asks him to stay around , since they will need a guide , and that if he remains true , more of those will come to his hands.

He then adresses the old woman , asking for a Private Shared Room ( and gives her 1 GP ) , and a secluded table in the corner of the inn, against the wall. He then asks for food and drinks for the party , and asks the boy about the more important rumours flowing in town , and also , after hearing them , asks he if he ever heard of Vidrin Jenk ,and if he did , where is he ussually.

Know (Local) 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

The Exchange

Tiasar huffs as he begins to understand the town I don't think I'd last a day here without my comrades...

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar chips in for a shared room (how many per room?), his eyes scanning the common room. He tries to be nonchalant as he does so, but tries to pick out anyone taking more than a casual interest in the group. "I agree with Roary. Let's discuss our strategy first before we start running into the Consortium." Perception check to scan the crowd here.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

3 persons per room is comfortable.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The little lad puts the silver piece in his teeth, checking it was as real as the man said. Satisfied he smiles back, and answers Roary's words. "Yes, I know that. It's not far from the docks. You wanna go there, 'corse I'll take you."

The woman grunts acceptance of the money, picks a couple of keys and points to the stairs. Meanwhile the rest of you find a quiet table and start to talk. No-one pays you much attention, leaving you very much to your own devices.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

I ask the kid to wait outside , so he doesn´t hear.
And then i say i´ll wait for the others to take the lead in this , since i´ll be playing the role of mute , so as to not have to lie.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

To the group

"Who's supposed to be playing the part of Thestil Shadowtongue? Im no good with words and would probably end up starting a fight haha.."

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

" Well , it appears that Drak or Crar will have to play the role of Thestil , with me and Roary playing the bodyguards , and maybe the others as some colleagues..."

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

"Aye," Bedmyr states, "Ah'm no' use at lyin' but ah'm good at spottin' things an' shootin' folks."

Bedmyr will bunk in any spare rooms that are going.

The Exchange

Tiasar smiles "I believe I shall play the role of myself, a hired wizard who joined your group to lend arcane aid" he thinks for a moment "Probably a bit more edgy though, I could act like one of those evokers"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Drak looks at the rest of the group with a small grin.

"I suppose I can try to pretend to be Thestil. Lying isn't exactly my way of doing things, though I suppose there's a first time for everything."

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary ponders the situation.. "Man none of us our great talkers.. This should be fun.." "Well its obvious we will be winging this mission, so i suppose we should just show up and play it by ear.."

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Wow, charisma-based negotiations really don't seem to be our strong suit! This is going to be great fun.

Crar indicates his feather cloak, spirit talismans, and outlandish garb. "Drak, I agree you might be in the best position to impersonate Thestil. As you can see, I have a tendency to stand out in a crowd, so I'm not sure I could pull off playing at being this Aspis silver agent. Still, perhaps I coul assist you with the diplomacy, pretend to be your lieutenant or spokesman or something. After all, every mercenary leader needs a shadowy spell caster at their side. Or two," he adds, nodding towards Tiasar and smiling.

After a moment's thought, Crar adds, "Of course, we could always bluff and say that Thestil was poisoned by assassins and never made it on the ship to Riddleport. That would be playing it by ear." he suggests, taking in Roary's remark.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

"It is settled then , Drak , plays the part. Shall we go ?"

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

"Lets.. I hope these badges carry alot of weight.."

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Gunslinger 1 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3 | AC 17 (14 ff, 13 t) | Init +3, Perc +7

Bedmyr nods his agreement, hoping that they don't have to descend into combat as that would not sit well with the Decemvirate.

"We'll just ha'e to try our best, lads," he says, "Nothin' we c'n do if they see thro' our deception."

The Exchange

Tiasar looks up "I can subdue them without causing harm if things turn bad"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Drak nods in agreement.

This... will be interesting.

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary calls the boy over.. "Do you know where the Barracuda Cartage Company is located? If so take us there.." He'll toss the boy 2 silvers..

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The young boy catches the coins as they spin through the air, his blues eyes sparkle in the evening rays of the sun, as he smiles and bows his head in a nod of gratitude. Cheerfully he says, "Corse sir, I'll be taking you there right soon." He almost skips down the road as he leads you down to the main town's western shore and dockline onto the Velashu River. You pass various warehouses in various states of repair, from those with freshly painted walls and roofs watertight and protective, to those long abandoned, deserted and dangerous structure, just about standing, waiting for severe weather to demolish them.

The Aspis Consortium’s headquarters in Riddleport is a dilapidated compound showing signs of recent repair. The cartage company’s main building rises three stories above the filthy streets. Behind this main building stands a coach-house large enough for four wagons. A weedy yard is enclosed by a high brick wall, but the large wooden doors to the yard stand open to admit new business, even in this evening hour. Beside the doors, a wooden sign reads, “Barracuda Cartage. Under New Management.”

As you approach a group of armed men, protecting the warehouse, hang around just outside or inside the entrance gate. They loiter in the loading yard, overseeing a dozen laborers loading carts with a large shipment of fine sailcloth. They look at you suspiciously as you approach.

The Exchange

Trying to remember Erastil's facial expressions, Tiasar lets his eyes slide over to meet theirs with steely indifference. He lets his eyes rest on each one for just a split moment, as if judging them.

Sovereign Court

Male Human ( Ulfen ) Paladin Level 2

Talinthas awaits confidently for Drak to make his move , but makes a point of showing the armed men he is not affraid.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Ruffling the feathers of his cloak, Crar tries to take his cue from the others, attempting to show these other mercenaries and guards that we're the real deal and that we mean business.

Bluff check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Sovereign Court

Usable/Active:
Rage 32/32
HP 137/137(185/185) | DR 5/- | AC 20(18) | T 12(7) | FF 18(16) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +14(+17/+24) | Ref +8(+15) | Will +8(+11/+15) | Init +2 | Perc +15
Situational Buffs:
+7 saves vs Spells/Sla's while Raging, +3 damage vs Spellcasters

Roary does his part and looks as intimidating as possible.. At the same time insuring his flashes the badge pinned to his armor..

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Rogue 1

Drak sees the group of men, and approaches them.

"Sure is a fine day today." he says to the men loitering outside.

Sovereign Court

Reign Of Winter Slides

The men walk in front of the group, not letting them pass, with the exception of Roary. They nod to the Ulfen man, "Welcome friend, you here to see 'Boss Jenk'?"

The eyes of the muscled workers, scan everyone else looking them up and down. Arms crossed in front of them, hard steely eyes, a human barrier to the internals of Barracuda Cartage. Weighing up whether the rest of the group are really with Roary or just coincidentally arriving at the same time. The one with the unshaven square face and shoulder length black hair speaks to you in a harsh gravely voice, "Well, what's your business?"

51 to 100 of 601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nevis Lodge: Severing Ties pbp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.