Hollow's Revolution (Red Side)

Game Master vayelan

Party Loot

Maps:
Falcon's Hollow (Town Map)
Darkmoon Vale (Regional Map)

Current Encounter: Roadside Ambush


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,701 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Pesh... Freyja murmurs under her breath with a worried tone. Won't be trying that one.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Now that is a good useful bit of information Jalene. Please tell the lieutenant about what would happen to you if you had refused Kreed’s orders. And tell him if what crimes the deceased had committed.”

The dwarf holds up a finger.

”Oh, and speak about Teedum and that fellow Tim Lawrence too.”


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Wait who don't like camp cuisine? I mean yeah it's not the best but it keeps yer belly fully and yer body hearty!" he says before he laughs."Granted its better if you can cook the food, but if not most soldiers keep a hit of brandy with us for flavor and courage"


The Interrogation
Jalene offers an involuntary sigh of exasperation before remembering her position. She continues to be forthcoming with information, explaining how she, the late Tock, and Mr. Lawrence all worked for Kreed as informants.

"He was going to find someone to do these jobs for him," she offers as a paltry defense. "So I'd rather not be on his bad side. Folks on his bad side tend to 'disappear' in the woods, or worse - get passed along to old Vade."

When prompted, she readily recounts Boss Payday's antics: intimidating loggers, extorting extra taxes from shopkeeps, and the recent affair with the Blackscour cure. The lieutenant ensures that his corporal tallies these crimes, creating a laundry list for the detachment to investigate further.

Outside

Findit claps his hands and rubs them together, encouraged by Teasel's interest.

"Excellent! I've already packed the ingredients for my culinary experiments alongside the usual acids, alkalis, powdered silver, and plugs of lead. Comestibles and combustibles! I just hope I've got the pauliel bark extract settled this time. The soldiers seemed quite panicked when their tongues turned blue. I wonder why? It was a mostly harmless side effect."


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”hummmm, Old Vade? Now that is a name I hadn’t heard yet. Ye’d Better tell us about him too. Oh! And let’s get you some paper so you can draw out Kreed’s compound for us.”


"Sharvaros Vade," Jalene explains, speaking the name as though it were a curse. "Hermit. Grave robber. Defiler of the dead. Every mother in the Hollow probably has a different story about him that they use to scare their children into behaving. The truth isn't that far off.

"The dark wizard lives in an ugly tower rising from the Perch on the east side of town. The only person he keeps company with is that boy of his. What was the name? Oh right, Savram. Popular rumor is that the boy's mother was one of Vade's dead consorts, which is why he's so pale and sickly.

"He used to be part of Kreed's inner circle, same as me, Tock, Payday, the magistrate, and even Lawrence. We always used to say that anyone Kreed wanted gone ended up either in Bloodeye's basement or Vade's tower. Anyhow, they had some bitter falling out, though, and now the Gavel only calls upon Vade out of desperation."


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel isn't sure what pesh is, but the gnome's experiments sound intriguing. "I look forward to a blue tongue," he says plainly. Silly humans. There are many species with blue tongues.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

Helgrim nods with his eyebrows up.

"Heh! Wulf failed to mention Vade to me. An enemy of my enemy is a friend to some though. I wonder how Vade will blow when the winds change for Kreed?'

"So is the Magistrate bad on her own? Or is she simply under Kreed's thumb as you and Mr. Lawrence? I know Lawrence hinted at having done work in the past that he was not proud of. It seems he had some conflicts of conscious towards the end as did Tock."

The dwarf's mind seizes on an idea.

"So the majority of the opponents are known to us, but what can you tell me of potential rivals to Kreed, potential allies for us? As in besides our little group, the Innkeeper and the Herbalist, oh, and I suppose the small church, who is on Kreed's hit list?"


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Sorry to be AWOL; I didn't get a chance to mention that I was going to be out for a wedding. My apologies!

At the appearance of Findit, Qitaba grumbles under his breath and turns on a heel, wandering off to eavesdrop on the interrogation.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja speaks idly with the gnome, being friendly and killing time while the group decides what to do.


At the Interrogation
"Ffph, the magistrate?" Jalene sneers. "He's as cowardly as slips come. He only has a job because he puts to paper whatever Kreed tells him to and makes it legal. If he turned against Kreed, he'd be lucky to only be out of a job."

The talk of rivals causes Jalene to roll her eyes, although she does it more thoughtfully rather than dismissively.

"You've got that fey woman with you now, right? And the frog man? Have them talk to their forest friends. Druids and the fey are some of the only things that actually scare Kreed. Of course, they scare most folk in the Vale. That's one of the reason a lot of folk abide life beneath his heel - they actually believe he's the one man who can protect him from the harpies, hags, changelings, and other bogies lurking behind every tree.

"You're also forgetting the sheriff, probably Kreed's biggest annoyance in town. I always wondered why he didn't just get rid of Baleson, especially with folks pushing him to run for mayor. Lawrence kept telling me that Kreed couldn't afford to make a martyr out of Baleson. Of course, Harg said it was because killing a 'public official' would bring down the wrath of the Eagle Knights."

Jalene caps off the speculation with a disinterested shrug.

.....

Outside, with Findit

"I really hope this mission gives me a chance to be a hero, just like the commander. That's why I joined the Diamond Regiment, you know? Several years back - oh, I forget how many! - I witnessed the commander and her husband defend a farmstead from a lycanthrope attack. I immediately offered them my services. I'm very happy that the commander has given me my own workspace here, but I feel like I could just do so much more!"


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

" Don't do anything too reckless as you seem like a sweet person. I don't want you getting unnecessarily hurt."


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

Helgrim nods. He heard mostly what I had already known. He stitches together his lists of allies and potential rivalries in the groups.

"Jalene, go ahead and draw out Kreed's compound and the manor as you know it."

----------

Once she is done completing the task . . . .

"You have given us much to be considered. . . "

"There is a decent woman inside you. One that stems from the little girl that something happened to. Everyone has reasons to take paths over others. What you did today will hopefully ease the pains of many in that village."

"Kreed is one that would take freely donated medicine from the lips of a dying child and hold the stolen remedy until he received some form of compensation or let the babe die with no ill conciseness."

"You should have some time to think about at what point things changed for you. See if you can connect with the part of yourself that would have been shocked at the life you led, where it took you."

"If Wulf, the others and I are successful, then you will be a valuable witness. We may be able to sue for immunity or clemency."

"If there anything you wish to ask of me or anything you wish to be noted?"


At the Interrogation

"I think I've only got one thing left to say, and I've said it before," Jalene says gravely, standing and walking to the bars of her cell. "I. Don't. Want. To. Die. Got that? Despite my best efforts, I can't keep out of jail. I've accepted that. But I've cooperated just to keep my head out of the noose. If that don't happen, I'll come back to haunt you with such a curse."

Outside

Your conversation with Findit is interrupted as a sergeant comes to collect the unit alchemist, practically dragging the colorful fellow back to where the army detachment is preparing to depart. Although Commander Odeber will lead her group of soldiers immediately to arrive in Falcon's Hollow before the Consortium officials can hide or destroy any more evidence, you are bidden to rest and catch up when you are able.

We can fast forward to when you depart Adamas, if you would like.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Yes. I'd like. I am active and want to post but not much here to post about while outside the interrogation... :(


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

I'm ready too. Work has left me with little energy and time to post but I'm ready.


The first light of morning crests over the eastern wall of the Adamas courtyard. The air is filled with the busy sound of sentries patrolling the battlements, the smith grinding weapon edges upon a grindstone, and soldiers drilling in the yard. The stronghold seems scarcely more crowded than at night, however, owing to the number of available soldiers that followed Commander Odeber onto the road in the night.

Lieutenant Garibaldi, commanding Adamas in Odeber's absence, bids you farewell at the stronghold gates. He states that Miss Artem will be held safely in her cell beneath the Gleaming Tower for the time being.

"Her full punishment will likely not be decided until the investigation in Falcon's Hollow is completed," Garibaldi explains. "In fact, depending on how the operation fares, she may be sent down to Almas with other Consortium officials for a full and proper trial."


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel rises with the sun, attends his morning prayers and then meets the others. After a syrup filled breakfast, he's quickly ready for their departure. Hearing Garibaldi's words, he says, "If you take her on the road, be careful. Kreed has sent assassins for her once. I suspect he will do so again."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Qitaba is thoughtful, poking at his breakfast. "That Jalene...she's a bigot, isn't she. 'Slip' is a derogatory term for halflings, isn't it? And she's mentioned a wizard, Vade. To my ears, he sounds like a necromancer."

He debates, then takes a bite or two. "Still, they can be countered." He raises a two fingered gesture that is crackling with positive energy, and cracks a smile. "While I do enjoy a chat or three, it would be quite satisfying to take out a dark wizard and their unholy spawn."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Wulf continues to eat and widdle as he looks at the others. "Vade" he says then spits to the side before making a strange gesture over his heart. He then returns back to his widdling and food.

"Bad magic with Vade, Granted his son is okay but that Vade..." Wulf actually shivers for a minute and then goes back to his current task


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"Wulf you sound like you know more about Vade. Is there anything we should be careful about?," Teasel says with a concerned tone in her voice.

Teasel then smirks a little bit and turns to the rest of the party. "Is it true that people are afraid of me? I know I was nearly mobbed when I first arrived but I didn't know that was because they were afraid of me. Im going to have to work harder on making sure that the town knows that not everyone of the forest wants them dead," she says chuckling at how ominous people find her.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

I am not afraid of you Teasel. But I have traveled far and seen much. Some of the local would fear that they do not know or understand. I think it nothing more than that. I think I can help you communicate your message to the town.


Regarding Sharvaros Vade, Wulf is able to recount the same local rumors that Jalene provided to Helgrim. Furthermore, there are a few other pieces of scuttlebutt that he can share regarding the hermit. Valers whisper that his necromantic experiments are intended to revive his murdered mother, whose preserved corpse he keeps within his tower. Folks claim to hear her raspy cackles at night, suggesting that Vade has only been partly successful. There are also stories about the stone gargoyles atop his tower change posture and position over time.

On a more wholesome note, Wulf has seen Vade's son out in the streets of Falcon's Hollow playing with other children. He has a particular group of young friends he keeps company with, and he seems surprisingly well-adjusted despite the stories regarding his father.

In regards to Teasel, both Wulf and anyone with local knowledge of the Vale can attest to the fact that a paranoid fear of the fey has been inculcated in much of the populace of Darkmoon Vale, largely by the Lumber Consortium and its loggers.

Wulf:
You also know that this is one of the reasons that Kreed has maintained his position of power in Darkmoon Vale. He has convinced many of the residents of Falcon's Hollow that only he can protect them from the fey, harpies, hags, and other monsters in the forest. Sadly, there are many people willing to sacrifice their happiness and endure the Consortium's tyranny for this perceived security.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"I can sympathize with them though Freyja. While a lot of us can be considered eccentric but friendly there are others who you should be afraid of. As far as I can tell we are no different than humans in that regard. Im more amused that the villagers think Im scary. No one has ever told me that before," she says continuing to chuckle.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"As with most sentient creatures, humans will tend to accept other sentients when familiarized with them, Teasel. Although sometimes they enjoy exterminating them. It's why the spell for the detection of Evil isn't always necessary--'evil will out', as they say in Qadira. It's far too itchy to hide forever," jokes the magic-user.

"And I stand corrected, then, Wulf. I hope the boy continues to do well," he says more humbly. "We ride out, then, yes?"


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"It is true Teasel a lot of the Hallow will fear you. Too many tales of dark fey doing strange and dangerous things, from stealing children to outright killing people in the night and even more so seducing and breaking up families." He says continuing on his whittling. Wulf stops and looks up.

"What makes it worse is that Kreed has told the people of the Hallow that only Kreed and Kreed alone with his resources are able to keep the folk safe from the evil vile fey. Personally, I have lived on the fringe of the city for years toiling on the farm. I've bumped into maybe a handful of fey only too talk with them and let them go on there merry way."


Before sending you on your way, the lieutenant offers a surprise parting gift. He affixes a simple medal, a token really, upon Wulf's uniform. It is an round oblong button edged in brass, depicting the head of a bear.

"This will distinguish you, sergeant, for your role in the investigation against the Consortium," Garibaldi explains to Wulf. "It will ensure that you are given due respect by our soldiers in the field and in town."

His eyes dart around, watchfully, before he leans in and speaks again, much more quietly.

"It will also identify you as someone trustworthy, for our hidden and embedded agents," Garibaldi whispers.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

"Heh, I knew it."


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"Oooooo spies.... Everyone be quiet about that.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

The last part of the conversation on spies goes completely over Boggel's head, literally as well as metaphorically. He gives the others a puzzled look, not really having experience with such intrigue.


With this last bit of "wink and nudge" styled military intelligence, the lieutenant turns you lose upon the road back to Olfden. With no prisoner to escort and no bandit gangs set upon your trail - and getting to travel by daylight, no less - the journey is much safer, briefer, and quieter.

In almost no time, the squat round towers that anchor the town's walls come into view. The gates see a fair amount of activity, with farmers rolling their carts inward with produce and loggers tromping outward with shouldered axes and saws.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Vade, or fey and druids first, Wulf?" says the Keleshite quietly. "Sarenrae's Tears! By horse and without that pesky guide we had is far more satisfactory. Although my behind would be more comfortable on a proper Kelish steed. These ones are far too large and blocky for my backsides."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit has an idea.

Linguistics Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

"Hoi! Woodsmen! Your pardon; a moment of your time." Kit draws his horse near some loggers. "A damned fey spirit spooked my horse on the way in. Would have taken a bite out of me were it not for my friends here," he gestures vaguely at the rest of the group, hoping Boggel and Teasel do not stick out. "Do you have any idea what festering hidey-holes those things run off to? I've a mind to track it down and give it what-for."


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel kind of looks a bit awkwardly at Kit's comment and almost readily speaks out until she realizes what he is doing and kind of goes back to petting her donkey.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit smiles and tries to will Teasel into invisibility without glancing at her. Come on, you northern barbarians. You must know where fey hide.


The loggers look at Kit quizzically. It is hard to say whether his question, his companions, or he himself elicits the most surprise. Nevertheless, they answer his question.

"Hardly a secret. Them fey live in the Arthfell," he says, waving a broad, hairy arm towards the trees beyond town. "They live up in the branches, down in the root hollows, under stones with no moss, and by ponds with no animals around."

Another one of the loggers also adds his two coppers' worth.

"Damned fool idea to go stirring them up, though. That's a sure way to buy yourself a hex. They might go and turn you into a horse."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

'I like the fey and druids idea meself" he says before they leave.

At the town he nods his cloak covering as much of his breastplate as possible while he whittles on the piece of wood. At the sound of Qitabas' words, he rolled his eyes.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Surely there's someone in this town who traps the fey," says Qitaba. He pulls out three silver pieces and tosses them expertly to the logger. "I have heard there are those who protect good honest hard working folk from this fey menace. If you know of one, send them to talk to me. I'm the only dun-skinned Keleshite with an amethyst necklet in this town, I would wager. A good day to you. Arthfell, Arthfell, fell on his Arthfell..."

Kit nods confidently at Sir Wulf, as only an outrageous outlander can do.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit continues to make terrible word associations with Arthfell, Earthfall, and the hind regions of various animals, including something called a 'bonnacon'.

He is clearly not a bard.


"We've had a lot of green adventurers coming through lately," the hairy armed logger answers. "None that could hold a candle to the old Azure Guard, but they're still bringing a fair bit of old dwarf coin into town. I figure a lot of them get started with Master Thrum's 'shopping list.' I hear the chef's looking to expand his menu by serving pixie wing soup, so he's added pixie wings onto the board he posts in front of his restaurant, along with strange things like fresh grick and manticore thighs."

The logger pauses as a shudder passes down his broad shoulders.

"I don't know how them merchants and former nobles eat such things, but they pay Master Thrum more money than I see in a month for a bowl of his dumplings. You could either visit his restaurant and talk to the chef himself, or you could stop into the Silver Bulette and see if you can find some of the folks hunting down pixies and such for him."

Knowledge (Local) checks can provide information about Master Thrum's restaurant or the Silver Bulette. Feel free to attempt other knowledge checks, too, to see what you know about the situation around Olfden.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

You did well there Kit. Freyja encourages. Now we head to Arthfell, if we know where that is.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kn Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Qit gives his thanks to the logger. "Safe travels and my thanks," he says cheerfully.

"Ah yes, the Silver Bulette," says Kit to Freyja with a wink. "Recall how our old friend Vorshin claimed she'd get free drinks there. A place of apparently unlimited lodging and ale. Did we ever actually make it there? I'm quite interested in this quasi-cannibalistic Ser Thrum."

He shakes his head. "Pixies are annoying, but they're intelligent. I prefer my food to be unthinking, personally."


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

"Pixie wings?!" Boggel mutters as they walk away, shaking his head. I can't imagine the wings have any meat in them at all.
"It sounds like there's a whole industry built up around hunting those things." He scratches his chin and he thinks. "I do wonder what manticore tastes like though."


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel looks a bit despondent. " Why would you hunt pixies? They're mischievous not evil ," she asks out loud to no one in particular.

Looking around a bit she says," Can you get me when your done talking? I don't want to listen to this anymore...."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Don't you eat flies and the like, Boggel?" says the departing Keleshite.


Kit:
Your original journey north to Falcon's Hollow brought you through Olfden, and you quickly became acquainted with some of its most appealing landmarks.

My apologies for the info dump, but that's the downside to critting your Knowledge roll.

The Silver Bulette is a large inn in the town of Olfden. Its ground floor serves as an expansive tavern which, despite its popularity, is cheap. The establishment provides only the most basic goods and services to its clients. Due to its size, there are usually at least a few rooms available. Bar brawls occur frequently in the Silver Bulette which attracts many thugs and cutpurses. Rumor has it that these criminals are being edged out by the increasing numbers of adventurers and explorers flocking to the inn, even though this has done nothing to make it a more peaceable establishment.

The Thrumming Birch is Olfden's most famous restaurant. Owned by the flamboyant Master Chef Tobias Thrum, the restaurant serves (among many other bizarre dishes) a wide variety of dishes with the main ingredient of boiled grick. Since his discovery of the grick's pleasing taste, Master Thrum has further extended his restaurant's menu, serving a variety of meats and body parts from a wide range of creatures. Every month, Master Thrum posts and ingredient wish list outside the Birch, which identifies the kinds of creatures (sometimes listed with specific body parts) he wishes to purchase. Those who would serve Master Thrum must ensure the freshness of the kill (usually via magic, but sometimes by drying or salting it) or else the picky chef boisterously rejects the offerings.

I may provide additional information about the town's environs as we go along, too.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Not Cannibal, but Arthophage. Eating of another sentient life" he says still working on the staff as he walks. He half hears the conversation and half doesn't seemingly trying to blend in despite his obvious armor and sword.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Arthro..arthro...Ah! 'Anthrophage'. Yes. From the ancient Azlanti root for 'person'. We use a very different term in Kelish," says the linguistically inclined arcanist.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Oh I'll have t' remember that" Wulf says with a smile pausing briefly before he goes back to making the best product from this wood.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Whatever word you wanna use, it’s still gross.”

The dwarf mutters.

”I need to return the rented animals and whatnot. I shoulda kept one of that halfling ears to throw into that b&~&! Vorshin’s ale . . . Actually I would like to ease her shoulders burden with my axe.”

”I can’t believe she stopped to having me waylaid by some road ruffians.”

”I’d sure like to give her a piece of my mind.”

”Wonder if she is still in town.”

Helgrim chews at his lip.

”I need to get my bowls.”

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,701 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hollow's Revolution (Red Side) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.