Hollow's Revolution (Red Side)

Game Master vayelan

Party Loot

Maps:
Falcon's Hollow (Town Map)
Darkmoon Vale (Regional Map)

Current Encounter: Roadside Ambush


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,701 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Greetings,I am Sir Wulf of the Eagle Knights, Rank of Sergeant, Traveller under the Twilight Talon, Liason to the Steel Falcons, and Sergeant of the Golden Legion. I have come from Falcons' Hallow with a Prisoner for you, as well as a report on the state of the city proper. I and my companions also have a couple of bandits which we seek to claim a bounty on. After that, if we could get a nice meal and a place to bunk for the night that would be grand as well." he says repeating himself saluting before he speaks.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Heh! Yes, all that and we need to talk about a rising Hag n’ Harpy menace as well. Hummm, and other things Inguess too.”


Garibaldi nods in quiet approval as he listens to Wulf's introduction. Helgrim's addition fills the lieutenant's eyes with a clear look of bafflement, however. Nevertheless, you hear Garibaldi give the command to open the gate and admit the party into the courtyard.

The gate grinds open and the cart is allowed to roll into the yard. A small squad of blue-and-white uniformed soldiers stands at the ready to greet you, every vigilant for trouble. The imposing Lieutenant Garibaldi stands at their head, his eyes carefully digesting every detail of your company.

Wulf:
Although Lieutenant Garibaldi wears the uniform and distinctions of a genuine Eagle Knight, the rest of the soldiers are simply rank-and-file army regulars.

"What is the nature of this prisoner and her crime?" he asks, his eyes affixed upon Jalene.

As his gaze shifts and falls upon the halfling's body, a look of recognition crosses his face - bringing with it a wolfish grin. "Ah, but this cad needs little introduction. Tamris Quickthorn, boss of the Blastwaters and scourge of the Vale. The standing bounty upon him sits at 300 gold sails."

He dispatches one of his corporals to fetch the paperwork needed to officiate payment of the bounty.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

She is a murderess sir. She has admitted her crime to us, after some detective work and a quick attempt on her part at flight. Freyja gives a brief account of the murder adding at the end And it seems someone did not want us turning her in to you enough to hire Mr. Quickthorn here, and some henchmen to try to remove her from our escort.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"She murdered a bar patron and pinned it on another man, sir," elaborates Kitaba. "We suspect she's working for a criminal organization."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"And she needs protection," adds Qitaba after a moment's thought.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Yes, she did kill someone, but it’s not all just as simple as that. It involves slavery, Child suffering, the selling of young women and the like that has ties all the way back to your capital. This woman killed someone who was a part of that, but now she will hopefully reveal to you the inner workings of the organizations.”

”The people of Falcons Hallow are horribly repressed sir. We came looking for help and several are intent on seeing us dead rather than reach you with our message.”


A fleeting, enigmatic expression crosses the lieutenant's face as Helgrim expounds upon the problems of the Hollow. He remains tight lipped for a moment, lost in thought, before speaking again.

"This is certainly more...significant than I initially suspected," he says, eyes roving across the arrayed soldiers. "While I can certainly process Quickthorn's body and take custody of your prisoner - assuming you have some documentation from the town sheriff or magistrate proving her guilt - you will need to discuss the rest of these matters with the commander."


If the party offers no questions or objections, you are escorted across the drill yard and to the singular door set in the gleaming marble tower at the opposite end of the compound. You pass several bunkhouses, a small smithy, and other outbuildings on your way. Despite the late hour, dozens of soldiers drill in the courtyard, patrol the walls, and attend to chores around the stronghold.

Lieutenant Garibaldi leads you into the broad, white marble tower while stationing his own two soldiers at the foot of a winding staircase. You ascend the winding stairs, passing several floors, until you are sure you must be near the top. You stop near a thick, darkwood door.

"I suspect the commander is still awake," the lieutenant clarifies quietly. He raps upon the door four times, and a woman's voice grants permission to enter.

You are ushered into a well appointed office. The curving wall is lined with chests of drawers, topped with rolled sheets of parchment. The broad table dominating the center of the room is similarly covered in maps, charts, and field reports. A separate area, off to the right, is curtained off by a broad linen sheet.

Your attention is immediately drawn, however, to the fair-skinned officer standing over the table. Her bright hair is kept tightly bound in a long braid, and the gold trim of her uniform, belt, and sword are in immaculate condition.


Female Human Paladin, Portrait

"Good evening. What business do you bring at this late hour?" the commander asks with genuine, albeit reserved curiosity.
"I suspect it must be of some importance."


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

We were in a hurry to deliver a prisoner and were doubtful we could keep her safely until morning Captain. Freyja begins, and quickly fills the officer in on the details of their visit.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel sort of looks around awkwardly realizing she's way in over her head. "Im just here to ensure the safe passage of the prisoner. I believe on other compatriots can elaborate more what's going on.... I think it involves snaaakkk...," she says eventually realizing she should stop talking.


Female Human Paladin, Portrait

As Freyja describes Jalene's confession to murder and how she implicates Gavel Kreed, the commander's eyes seem to brighten. She listens with undivided attention, not wanting to miss a single detail.

"I did not expect the Inheritor would send me such a gift tonight," Commander Odeber sighs contentedly once the recounting is finished. She soon takes a more guarded expression, though, and looks upon the party with appraising eyes. "Before we continue, however, I would ask you to describe your relationship with the Lumber Consortium."

Knowledge (Religion) DC 12:
There are a few tokens around this officer's quarters that make clear her worship of Iomedae. Furthermore, the more knightly possessions, such as her armor and sword orderly stored upon a stand, suggest she may be a paladin in service to the goddess of valor and justice.

Knowledge (Nobility) DC 12:
The Odeber family is an ancient lineage spread throughout Avistan and Garund. Many members of the family have earned fame through devout service to the gods, particularly Aroden, Iomedae, Shelyn, and occasionally Pharasma.

Knowledge (Local) DC 12:
Ingrid Odeber is the commander of the Diamond Regiment, tasked with patrolling Darkmoon Vale and protecting shipments of darkwood as they travel south, towards Andoran's shipyards.

It is common knowledge that she is married to Tablic, the leader of the druidic Greenfire Circle. This marriage has helped secure an alliance between the two organizations, allowing cooperation in protecting both the civilized and wild portions of the Vale.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Freyja spits when the lumber consortium is mentioned.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"My home and family live in the forest their destroying," she says with a disgusting tone in her voice.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"I am a farmer in Falcons' Hallow in which I retired too. I have found the land changed from when I was a child. The Consortium and I have not seen eye to eye on multiple occasions due to immoral and unlawful conduct, or the blatant disregard or glossing over of criminal activity to suit its own gains." he says standing in her office with a stern look.

"However I believe it's not the Consortium as a whole just its current leadership in Falcons' Hollow." he says eventually leaning on his staff heavily.


Female Human Paladin, Portrait

"I am relieved to hear that you are no friends of the Consortium," Commander Odeber says before turning her eyes to Wulf. "However, their leadership is no less corrupt and cruel in Oregent, where they keep their headquarters. Falcon's Hollow is but a small showcase of how the Consortium treats its workers. Oregent is an entire city living in squalor beneath its heel."

Commander Odeber bristles at the thoughts she conjures, then she takes a moment to quell the fire within her before continuing to speak.

"The greed of the Consortium's executive council is so ingrained in the entire company, it is no longer possible to separate one from the other," she says, returning to a more even tone, although her words remain quite pointed. "When Andoran first declared independence from Cheliax, the Consortium was what some might call a necessary evil."

Unmistakable contempt is poured into her pronunciation of the phrase.

"With their established infrastructure, the Consortium could better supply the wood needed to build up our new nation's fleet, essential for protecting young Andoran. Thus, their abuses were tolerated for a time. However, their corruption has long overstayed its welcome.

"A great many people in Almas, among both fellow citizens and the People's Council itself, want to see the Consortium's monopoly broken. Unfortunately, enough older council members continue to profit from the Consortium's 'gifts' that even efforts simply to improve the lives of their workers have been stonewalled."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

”I am a magic maker of Qadira, traveling for work and justice,” says Qitaba. ”I passed through Oregent,” he says darkly. ”That place needs a cleansing.”


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Wulfs nods."That may be true but I am currently concerned with my little area. With the danger of the Consortium a constant thorn in everyone's side, the growing disgruntled fey and something about harpies is growing even bolder. My town is threatened and I just wish to see the Consortium brought to heel in Falcons' Hollow, and the offered prisoner can help with that. As for the rest, my group will have to get more information." He says still in his soldier regalia.

"Commander, I beseech you to hold the trial here, or if we must do it in the Hollow dispatch a small unit of Knights to aid in the investigation and keeping the peace alongside the Sheriff and his deputies" he asks sternly even though he still was leaning on his staff like he did so many days talking to others in Falcons' Hollow.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

This discussion is so far over Boggel's head, he's really struggling to keep up. But the Commander seems to be a fair person who is interested in the struggle of the common-folk. And her distaste for the Consortium seems to mirror his own experience with them. Perhaps she will help them in dealing with the men like Kreed.
quick update: family in town, sort of hard to get time to jump online lately


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Aye! There was a plague there. Others and I went forth into the wilds to gather ingredients for a cure. Babies were dyin ma’am. Kreed stole the medicine that we donated to heal the sick and wanted to sell it back, which no one can afford. He starves the sick and needy.”

”Wulf here has a spring on his property. Even water is kept from the villagers. Kreed threatens Wulf because he gives his water to people who can’t afford it in town. They keep the people in civil slavery through these fees and loans, you even have to pay to own more than one axe or to sharpen the very tools that produce the lumber the consortium sells.”

”But there is even more evil hidden from view there. A dark den where kidnapped girls are brought in from the wilds and disappear into this parlor, never to be seen again. There are rumors of devil worship.”

”Hags are scheming and harpies cross the sky’s once more. Logging has pushed to far into fey territory and smoke billows from the earth where Dwarven forges have lain dormant for millennia.”

”There are many other things happening there that we can discuss in detail later, but I wand you to know there are good human beings there. Your own goddess has a following, but their leader is an acolyte. Her whole congregation could be crushed under the Consortium’s boot if we cannot bring relief soon.”


Female Human Paladin, Portrait

"You may not realize it, but this is long awaited news," the commander speaks as her eyes sharpen and her jaw sets, framing the mien of a woman ready for war. "I will make a judgment based on faith and share with you a state secret of Andoran."

The commander beckons you closer, around her table. She leans in and lowers her voice.

"In truth, the Diamond Regiment was stationed here at Adamas in anticipation of a raid upon the Lumber Consortium. I've long awaited the evidence, the confirmation needed to arrest their unscrupulous leaders and throw them into the prison beneath this tower. I believe that is what you have brought me tonight. If I understand correctly, this prisoner you've brought - her testimony can implicate Gavel Kreed, in his capacity as a Consortium overseer, in orchestrating the murder of an Andoren citizen."

She briefly turns her eyes to Helgrim, also considering what other news he has provided.

"These other, dire matters - kidnapping and enslavement, aggression against the fey - make it clear that if we strike now, we can finally seize a wealth of evidence about the whole breadth of the Consortium's misdeeds. We will keep the prisoner here, away from daggers in the Consortium's employ. I will personally lead a detachment to Falcon's Hollow, both to spearhead the investigation but to also protect against these other looming threats.

"The Valers will not welcome our arrival," she sighs heavily, "but we do not pursue justice simply for gratitude."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Good to hear you are a good one Commander. I feared coming here might bring me to more soldiers in the Consortiums pocket but this news brings me joy for my Community. I will warn you that even though many of the consortium workers are thugs they can be loyal, at least loyal to the coin. They are good folk many live in the community and work hard. I would hate to see them die senselessly if a battle breaks out. I also have no issue with you and yours using me farmstead as needed provided I get compensation for any food consumed or gathered and if any damages were to happen." He says taking off his hat and lowering his head a bit.

"I also know the Sheriff and a few of his men are dutiful and can be trusted, they try the best they can but with the Consortium paying others off and what not it makes there job hard. I will recommend that if you seek local lodgings and something more then a mess hall meal Jak'n'Apes is the yer best bet the owner holds no love for the Consortium. Not sure why but he is a good man." he says standing and putting his hat back on."Oh, and I will gladly aid you in any capacity you wish Commander" Finishing it all with a salute.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel just looks around awkwardly and says," I'm still relatively new but this sounds like the best way to help everyone. My family and friends may be unhappy with the consortium but I'm sure I can help smooth over their anger. "


Female Human Paladin, Portrait

"The entire regiment appreciate your generosity, Sergeant," the commander responds to Wulf's offer. She adds with the hint of a wry smile, "Of course, I wouldn't expect you to quarter the entire regiment."

Commander Odeber gives her joke a moment to rest before returning to matters of logistics.

"The Diamond Regiment is 400 strong: 12 Eagle Knights leading 388 regulars. I'm told that many residents in Olfden spread rumors about the labyrinthine 'Dungeons of Adamas' to explain how our army group can be stationed at a comparatively small stronghold. Although we have repurposed a number of caverns beneath Adamas to serve as barracks, workshops, storerooms, and yes, prisons, the truth is less fanciful.

"Considering we're essentially tasked with guarding Andoran's entire northern frontier, it is very rare to have much of the regiment at Adamas. Most of our soldiers garrison outposts such as Fort Freng, aid local town guards, and patrol the roads throughout Darkmoon Vale. I like to think that's why, despite being a 'wild frontier,' the Vale is relatively safe from monsters, goblinoids, and the like."

The commander takes a moment to sift through some of the papers upon her table. Wulf recognizes them as troop movements, rosters, and supply requisitions.

"I can muster two dozen soldiers to bring to Falcon's Hollow," she declares after reviewing the documents. Her lips purse as she considers a particularly trying thought, before finally adding, "I believe I will also bring along Specialist Tobblemouth. His particular...talents may prove useful for the investigation. I certainly know that Lieutenant Garibaldi will breathe easier taking command of Adamas in my absence if he does not also have to worry about explosions from his lab."


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"Tobblemouth specializes in explosions????"


Female Human Paladin, Portrait
Teasel wrote:
"Tobblemouth specializes in explosions????"

"I wouldn't say that he specializes in them, it's just..." the commander says with a resigned sigh, "...it always seems to come to that."


Female Human Paladin, Portrait

"We'll need to move quickly, before Kreed can dispose of any more evidence," Commander Odeber declares. "The detachment will be ready to march north by dawn. In the meantime, Lieutenant Garibaldi will secure your prisoner in a cell, review her confession, and record any other pertinent information. You are welcome to rest and resupply here. I'll send word to the quartermaster to expect you.

"Sergeant," she addresses Wulf, "I won't expect you to set out again immediately, but we will need your assistance back in Falcon's Hollow, sooner rather than later."


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel is glad this has gone so well. He had feared for the worst. At least there are still some good people in the Vale.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Hummm. All this is welcome news ma’am, but I made a promise to return our mounts by town. Perhaps that can be done on the way out? With the bounty on the halfling maybe we can purchase them so we can own em outright? We had to rent them to get here and I left some collateral.”

”And, if it’s okay with you, I’d like to be with the LT when he takes the girl’s confession. I told her I would make sure she’d be safe until she could give the statement about what has been goin on up in the Hallow. I’d like to hear the whole thing myself, especially about the joint being run by the Red Rock.”


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja looks favorably at Helprin. Good to know he is a dwarf of his word. she thinks.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Wulf salutes and then nods as he looks to the others."We should look into what supplies we can get here. Me I'm gonna look into some bands to put on this old staff of mine, maybe even see if they have a dark wood one. Possibly see if there is some better armor, this old coat is fine, but think I might need something a bit more thick for the journey ahead." he says to his companions before looking back to the Commander.

"I shall have us set off as soon as we can. I got duties to the Hollow, and its people. Twas only this grave circumstances that I have traveled far. So I am eager to get back and keep my home and my friends safe" he says with a look of sobriety, no hints at lies or deception He laid out his desire to get back, holding back only enough to safeguard any possible spies from taking his truths and making them weapons.


Female Human Paladin, Portrait
Helgrim Ironstar wrote:
”And, if it’s okay with you, I’d like to be with the LT when he takes the girl’s confession. I told her I would make sure she’d be safe until she could give the statement about what has been goin on up in the Hallow. I’d like to hear the whole thing myself, especially about the joint being run by the Red Rock.”

Commander Odeber mulls the idea silently for a moment before responding.

"Very well. I would not want to force you to break a promise. You may attend the questioning, but I would ask you not to...overstep your bounds. The lieutenant is a good officer, but he reacts poorly to having his authority questioned."

Sir Wulf the Wise wrote:
"I shall have us set off as soon as we can. I got duties to the Hollow, and its people. Twas only this grave circumstances that I have traveled far. So I am eager to get back and keep my home and my friends safe" he says with a look of sobriety, no hints at lies or deception.

Wulf's request elicits a warm smile from Commander Odeber.

"I would not have it otherwise, Sergeant. In fact, once the investigation is finished, owing to your connection with the town, I believe you may be the best possible candidate to oversee the regiment's future operations in Falcon's Hollow."


When you call upon the quartermaster, already roused to his post by the commander, you find him buttoning his uniform while grumbling in frustration. He is a jowly man with a pronounced, broad chin. His small eyes practically disappear beneath the brim of his uniform's cap. He pores over his ledgers, never quite ceasing his tired mutterings, and recounts for you what is available.

A number of spare weapons and armor are stored in the armory, including both standard issue items as well as masterwork items reserved for officers and auxiliaries. The weapons are predominantly longswords, daggers, longspears, glaives, staves, and crossbows. The armor includes the scale and chain armor worn by army regulars, as well as the breastplates worn by officers and Eagle Knights.

"Now, we're not some shop where you can stroll in and make requests or place orders," the quartermaster says, eager to offer a preemptive scolding. "Of course, there are some confiscated items that have been sitting, collecting dust for so long that I might as well just trade them out."

Besides the regular armor, weapons, food, uniforms, and other common gear he oversees, he also presents these confiscated items as though on display in a museum. The first is a large collection of boards, poles, and rough logs of darkwood.

"You'll never find our dungeons without at least one poor sot who thought he could smuggle darkwood out of the Vale," the quartermaster chuckles with a throaty laugh. "They all claim to be independent loggers, and maybe some of them are, but I have no doubt that many are working for the Consortium, acting as intermediaries with buyers in Cheliax and Druma. The Consortium loves its monopoly but hates that they are bound to sell exclusively to Andoran, and usually for fixed rates. Speaking of the Consortium, we've got these, too!"

He excitedly guides you to a small arsenal of weapons made from cold iron. He explains that they were taken from mercenary "fey hunters."

"Once again, we know they're working for the Consortium. We just can't prove it."

These cold iron weapons include 2 battleaxes, 1 longsword, 1 heavy mace, and 2 cudgels shod in cold iron bands - all of these are masterwork. Additionally, there are 13 arrows with cold iron heads.

Lastly, there are a few unusual or even magical items confiscated from other criminals apprehended by the Diamond Regiment. These include a +1 shortbow, an adamantine heavy pick, a darkwood buckler, a pair of gloves of larceny, a pair of bracers of protection +1, and a Javelin of Lightning.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

question: could a small guy like Boggel use a medium sized shortbow as a small sized longbow? He could probably get some use out of the magic bow there


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit eyes the weapons with a small smile. "I'm not really a user of weapons, but a cudgel could come in handy. Or perhaps I can hand it to a summoned earth elemental..."

He looks longingly at the bracers as well, but defers to the more martial types.

"Well, it looks like I'll get what every Qadiran secretly wishes for--a war in the North," he jokes, and then his eyes get warmer. "I couldn't wish for better companions-in-arms. Let's give the Consortium what they richly deserve."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Justly Deserve, this a war of morality first" he says as he walks forward to the quartermaster, staring the man up and down.

[b]"Got a piece of Darkwood that'd work for staff?"[/b[ he asks looking as curmudgeonly as possible.


Boggel Samm wrote:
question: could a small guy like Boggel use a medium sized shortbow as a small sized longbow? He could probably get some use out of the magic bow there

I'm inclined to say "yes."

"Well..." the quartermaster drawls, picking through the contraband darkwood. "You could definitely make a staff by cutting one of these poles and clapping on some sturdy bindings. The boards might produce a better product, but you'd have to plane and turn it first."


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Its decent of you to offer to sell us these items and I thank you for that. I am adequately eqpiped I believe and will save the groups coin for other purchases. the bard replies. Although if we could barter for that heavy pick it would make a great item to have within our group.

The only thing I could really use is the short bow and I would rather Boggle have it since I am more melee focused. It would be nice to have the heavy pick in the party though.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”That pick has to be of Dwarven make. Please let me look it over.”

Helgrim pipes up once Freyja mentions interest.

”And I really want Boggel to have that bow if possible.”


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel just stares at the darkwood very intently thinking to herself. "To think that most of this trouble is all over this wood," she says just continuing to stare at the contraband wood.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel smiles, clearly happy with the bow. "That is most generous of you."


The quartermaster agrees to a trade, offering the magic bow for the magic rapier you took off of Tamris. He even offers to toss in the 13 cold iron-tipped arrows. Meanwhile, Helgrim examines the adamantine pick.

Helgrim Craft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

As he suspected, he confirms that it is of dwarven make. Much to his dismay, though, it was not forged by the hands of his kin. The sharp lines, lack of engravings, and the shape of the head are distinct clues that this weapon was crafted by the gray dwarves, the deep dwelling duergar.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Wulf grabs a couple of the planes of wood and looks to Teasel.

"Got anything that'll alter the wood? Like the shape it? Heard some faerie folk could do that. And I think they wouldn't mind us using it to defend them, this wood that is" he says smiling as he holds the wood at the counter ready to hand it back if she says no.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Meh! It’s adamantine alright and will plow through rock and earth, but it will do it as soulless as it’s maker, a cursed deep dwarf.”

”I won’t use it unless it’s the last resort, but it will serve you well as long as you don’t run into surface dwarves, well, or deep dwarves or their enemies in the underdark.”

He hands it to Freyja.

”What will ya take for those bracers for the magic usin feller over here?”

Helgrim indicates towards “Kit”.

”Also, you have a breastplate rattling around back there someplace? I need Wulf to make a statement when he’s seen by the townsfolk.”

”I think I can rework those coldiron bands back on your new staff once I straighten it out. I’m an engineer after all.”


The quartermaster pushes open the waist-high half door leading into an adjoining building. You hear a bit of clinking and clanking as he sorts through the items kept in the armory. He returns with a breastplate, along with accompanying greaves, armbands, and mail.

"It's a bit tarnished and dented, but the worksmanship cannot be questioned," he declares as though issuing a challenge. "This belonged to an officer who retired from active duty and took up a training post at the Golden Aerie down in Almas. Our smith got it back into working order. It should be a decent fit for your sergeant there," he says with a stiff nod towards Wulf.

"If'n all you got to wear is your dress uniform, I'm thinking I'd better issue this to you straight away," he says, dragging out a ledger from a tottering stack that somehow keeps aright despite the removal. He notes down the issuance as he speaks.

The masterwork breastplate is made available for Wulf without charge as he is essentially returning to active duty.
The quartermaster will trade the bracers for either the magic cloak or magic armor from Tamris; I can't recall if someone claimed either of those. Alternatively, he'll issue it in exchange for 800gp worth of currency or goods.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"All things the same, I'd rather keep the cloak," says Kit.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Okay, keep the cloak then Kit. No one is using the halfling armor right? We might as well trade it in and give the bracers to Boggel because he doesn’t wear normal armor.”

The dwarf winks at Wulf.

”The armor suits you friend. A bit worn in, experienced and proven in battle. Looks like your armorer knew his craft well Quartermaster. The old goat will wear it proud.”


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

And what about the pick good sir? Freyja asks the quartermaster. Its not pretty but if we were ta need such a tool, well then we'd need it.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel kind of gets flustered at Wulf's comment. "I can't exactly do that yet. I can only temporarily transform some of the wood into more rarer materials. Give it time and I'll be able to do some more impressive things..," she says a bit sheepishly.

After looking at the materials for a bit and quietly getting lost in thought she says,"Is anyone worried about the werewolves? I thought we would run into them on the way here. The townsfolk made it sound like they were more dangerous and ubiquitous in the area."

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,701 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hollow's Revolution (Red Side) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.