Hollow's Revolution (Red Side)

Game Master vayelan

Party Loot

Maps:
Falcon's Hollow (Town Map)
Darkmoon Vale (Regional Map)

Current Encounter: Roadside Ambush


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,701 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Well ma’am, we were just hoping to use them for a short while really. You see we are couriers of sorts and we just need them to get to the Tower and back. Obviously speed is of the essence to us and a couple of horses and or a cart or buggy would suit our needs quite well, you see? Seeing as how the Tower is only three miles down and expecting us, with service for horses I presume, we would plan to have them back to you as soon as possible.”

He sets the four silver bowls out on the counter for her to inspect. He has a visibly hard time letting them go.

”Here are four bowls worth 75 gold each. This can be your insurance that we’ll be back we pay you 25 gold for the rental of the horses I don’t think our business should require us to be gone for but a day, but maybe a week? If we don’t come back in a month the horses would be considered bought, but I can assure you since I am in the business of Dwarven antiquities that I’ll be back if I’m alive to repurchase these bowls with coin.”

He tears his eyes off the bowls and forces himself to look at the woman again.

”I’m planning to do business in these parts for more than a few decades so this can be the start of a lucrative business partnership.”

”I was hopin to get three or four horses and a horse cart, or buggy really, for a light load and a quick trip.”

”How does that sound to you?”


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

I have enough for a crossbow and some silver bolts, I think.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The shopkeeper's smile widens, and she seems genuinely taken with Helgrim's approach to haggling.

"Sir dwarf, I do hope you stick around. We could use men like you around town," she replies coyly. "How does this sound? I will give you three horses and a cart, and as long as you return them by tomorrow night, you can have your beloved bowls back and the fee will only be 15 gold for everything."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Seems fair, but let us see them horses" He says reaching for his coin belt to the pouch he had on the in between his scabbard and thigh.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel cautiously looks around and says to the shopkeeper,"Do you think we are going to run into any of these werewolves on the way there?"

Teasel is going to buy a silvered longsword.


The Widow d'Salle leads you across the street to the animal paddock, opening the gate and courteously ushering you inside, even offering a wink and nod to Helgrim. The horses in the stable are well-fed and appear strong. Some of them lean their heads out of their stalls to have a curious look at their visitors.

On the other side of the paddock, an enthusiastic donkey breaks away from the handler leading him into a lean-to. The animal bolts across the muddy field and skids to a halt beside the party members. It begins aggressively nuzzling its broad head against your arms, squirming its muzzle under your palms.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

"It seems that this one wishes to go with us. I would take that as a sign." Boggel pats the animal's flank.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit grins. "Donkeys are good luck," he says.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

When Teasel gets back from shopping she sees the donkey and gets excited. " Aren't you precious? I'm going to make sure you're happy and safe on this trip ," she says as she starts brushing the donkey's coat.

I've been thinking and realized that my drawback might be relevant coming up so just be aware. Also, I think I'm the only one who has handle animal?


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4
DM Vayelan wrote:

Wulf, Helgrim, and Teasel step back into Tepid Transports, and the Widow d'Salle welcomes them with a bemused smile.

"It occurred to me that we never discussed how long you'd need the horses," she says. "Depending on your needs, the price could be...negotiated."

.....

Directions from the locals lead Kit, Freyja, and Boggel down one of the long side streets to the indicated shop. A wooden sign, emblazoned with the image of a slim crescent moon, sits in the window and bears the name "The Silver Sliver." The stout wooden door bears a number of broad scratches upon it. Just as you arrive, the door opens and a man's head peers out. A graying, stubbly beard covers his chin and jowls, except for a bald cleft around a scar on his jaw.

"Fine timing," he says without smiling. "We're just opening for the night."

Speaking with the owner, Graff, you discover that his prices for silvered weapons is somewhat discounted. A quiver's worth of arrows or a case of bolts is only 2 crowns. Light weapons only cost 18 gold on top of the weapon's market value, and regular one-handed weapons are only 80 gold extra.

"You're probably wondering why I don't charge more, given the obvious demand for my work," Graff offers without prompting. "It's a service to the community. It's too important to be gouging folks on prices. What's more, I often get donations of recovered weapons brought back by explorers: dwarven antiques, leftovers from the Goblinblood War, or even pieces left behind by the Silver Bloods. Those are my favorites to work with, turning their own weapons back against them."

Busy weekend. Sorry for the delay.

Graff did you say? I am Freyja. Its good to meet an honest and community minded merchant such as yourself. We've got to be out beyond the protection of the wall at night and were thinking it best to be prepared. If you could get us a light mace, a short sword, a boarding axe and two quivers of arrows I think that would suffice. All silvered of course. If you don't have the boarding axe, a hand axe would be fine.


At the Silver Sliver, Graff wordlessly but eagerly retrieves all the items that Freyja requests - save for the boarding axe, which he substitutes with a handaxe as requested.

"This far from the water, we have more demand for simple hatchets rather than a riverman's axe," he says without looking up from the weapons laid upon the counter. He focuses on arraying and turning them over, inspecting the silver bonding upon the blades and heads.

He closes his eyes, his lids twitching as he composes numbers in his mind, before finally declaring, "We'll call it an even 80 gold for the whole lot. Deal?"

.....

At the animal paddock, a soft, knowing laugh falls from the Widow d'Salle's lips.

"Artemir has been rather aggressive in his attempts to find a master," she says, waving her smoking pipe towards the donkey. "By day, he'll run up to the fence anytime someone draws too close, and he'll bray like a fiend if they don't stop to scratch his head. I can't imagine he'd react fondly to being returned as a rental, but if you wish to bring him along on your travels, I'll part with the sturdy scamp for 6 gold."


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Aye, its a deal we have then. Freyja says as she counts out the coin. And you have my thanks, ya do for dealing honest with me and mine and restorin some faith in humanity that I was beginnin to loose. She adds with a smile. If we have ta fight such creatures as needs these weapons Ill include you in my song about it. You've earned that and more.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel continuing to brush Artemir says,"To rent or purchase. I think I might have enough money to buy him. Your so adorable."


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Oh great. Just what we need a braying burro.”

The dwarf grumbles while scratching behind its ear.

”Fine. Well, if yer gonna buy him yer responsible for keepin him quiet. You think you can do that Teasel?”


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel just looks at Helgrim and says,"I learned a thing or two from my family about how to take care of animals. I can't talk to them like most can but I'm still better than humans. "


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit shrugs at Graff apologetically after making his far less epic and storied purchase of crossbow bolts and silver blanch, which he leaves sealed up. "Bards," he says by way of explanation. His shiny new crossbow hangs on his back, making the Qadiran look somewhat more dangerous, despite the fact that he's still merely a magic user of some note.

He rubs his chin as Teasel pets the donkey. "Now there's an idea. Just buy out the Lumber Consortium. I wonder how much coin that would take, compared to raising up a small army to drive them out. Sometimes a bribe is better. Or a ransom." He muses for a bit more, then shakes his head. "Probably a bunch of irrational hoodlums who wouldn't go for a civilized resolution," he concludes.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"I doubt it would work. The wood in this area is very valuable," she says as she transforms a fence post into darkwood.

"You see how much lighter it is compared to normal wood. Its the same durability and hardness making it a useful building material. It would take a lot to change their minds," she says heaving a giant sigh.

After contemplating the situation she just goes back to brushing the donkey. "You may have simple needs and desires but at least I understand them," she says to Artemir almost as she was expecting a reply.


In case it was unclear, the 6gp cost is to purchase the donkey outright.
Also, please remember to add your purchases to your sheet and amend gold totals as applicable.
Let me know when you are ready to set out for Adamas.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"If ye need a place to keep 'm when we get back, I have no problem lettn' ya keep it at d' farm" He says looking to Teasel and then Helgrim.

"Trust me Helgrim I think she can keep him n line" he says with a smile.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja returns with her arms full of silvered weapons and a wee bit of change to return to her generous dwarven friend. Take what suits you best I think. she offers. I am sorry master Samm. If the vendor has small weapons I did not see them and much to my shame I did not think to ask. I will go back if you like.

Purchase:

light mace
short sword
hand axe
40 arrows
20 GP in change


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel smiles at Freyja and waves his hand dismissively. "A few arrows should suffice. If there is more of a need than that, I will make do." if nobody minds, he'll grab 10 arrows? How many do others want?


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Take 20. Freyja already had silver arrows.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

"Hey! these are great. Much better than a dagger."

The dwarf takes the slivered handaxe.

"Why don't you keep the mace and give Wulf the short sword."

"Okay people, let's mount up! We didn't come here for a pet shopping exclusion, or an emotional support animal session. Heh heh, Teasel grab your ass and lets go! Heh heh heh!"


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja hands over the hand axe and then offers the silvered short sword to Wolf, hilt first. Your blade Sir Wulf.


With your new animals and weapons, Jalene is secured in the back of the borrowed cart and the party departs. You pass through the town's eastern gate, guarded by a quartet of towers, to embark upon the road to Adamas. The watchmen stationed at the gate make no move to stop or even question you regarding your prisoner, seemingly satisfied by the sight of Wulf in his army uniform as explanation enough.

The east road skirts the edge of the Elberwick Rise, although rail fences guard the cliff's edge where the path draws too close. Sporadic stands of stunted, gnarled trees loom off to your right, passed over by loggers and woodcutters. A few copses appear particularly thick, and under the light of the moon and stars, you apprehensively wonder what might lurk within.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Thanks Freyja, but if someone else can use it better than I, I wouldn't want them to go without?" he says taking it and looking around until he puts in on his belt beside the Longsword.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Heh. You and I are front liners if werewolves attack. I am hoping we can talk past that rather than spill blood. . . Actually, I’m hopin we just ride fast and reach the damn tower.”


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

" Just take it. If you are a front liner I don't want us unprepared. Even I bought a silver weapon."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Okay, I'll take it" he says begrudgingly as he preferred the staff but in this instance, he knew if he didn't have it he would need it.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel can't help but appreciate the landscape, bleak though it is. He wonders what this place looked like before the loggers came. Probably more like those few dense stands of trees gathering gloom.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Boggel," murmurs Qitaba. "You can see in the dark. So can werewolves. Look around for us, will you?"

I keep picturing Kit and Boggel sharing a horse. :D Does that work?

The Qadiran quietly chants and moves one hand in a somewhat familiar motion. "I'll check for magic to the sides of us, since in front and behind us are various magical horses," he says half-seriously. "And a donkey."

Detect Magic.


Kit scans the dark treeline, trying not to be distracted by the jostle of the frogman's body against his upon their shared horse. Within twenty yards, the only magical auras he can identify are the few magical trinkets he and his companions carry, most notable being Helgrim's armor.

"Help! By Deadeye's teeth, someone help me!"

The sudden shrieking of a man in peril pierces the quiet night, overshadowing the soft murmur of nightbirds. The sound originates from the thicker copse to your right, a stretch of trees almost dense enough to be called a "wood" - although certainly not a true forest.

The cry for help is punctuated by violently rustling bushes and snapping branches just out of sight among the trees.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel gets off her donkey and rushes up to the noise. "Who ever you are I'll make sure to protect you. I don't care who you are cease this violence against this man," she says loudly.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Wait, damn it, Teasel, it could be a trap!" says Kit, loading up a crossbow bolt.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel nimbly leaps down from their shared mount and whips out his bow. It was unfortunate that Teasel rushed off alone. "Watch the prisoner. I can check on this with Teasel."


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Oh well holy hell! Freaking take the bait, hook, line and sinker why don’cha?!.”

The dwarf preps his shield and axe as he slips the the ground ready for combat.

”And follow them in’tah the bushes right where they want you.”

He calls after his Grippli companion.

”You call out right quick if you need help Boggle! Damn it.”

He jabs a finger at Wulf.

”Don’t abandon the cart!”

His bushy eyebrows scan the surroundings.

”Classic maneuver.”

”Be ready for it . . .”


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja also readies her shield but her focus is more towards the prisoner. If she is not already securely tied, Freyja will take a moment with a rope to make sure the woman cannot run or even leave the wagon without assistance.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"No sweat," He says on the cart looking at the others.

"Freyja and Kit, get ready for anything but keep an eye on our prisoner" he says with staff in his lap as he leads the cart down the path.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Right. Jalene, any funny moves and I'll kill you, saving us all a lot of trouble," says the Qadiran, turning to the prisoner with an aura of menace.


DM Screen:

Teasel Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Swinging Log Trap vs Teasel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Boggel Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Helgrim:
Through the darkness, you can see Jalene's face better than your companions. Her face is twisted in anxiety. Fear, rather than flight, is on her mind. The threat of whatever lurks within those trees is keeping her rooted within the relative safety of the cart.

Teasel and Boggel:
As Teasel bounds off the road and into the copse of trees, her flight stops short. It is as though the trees speak to her as one, without words, and urge her to stop. This gives her a crucial moment to perceive her surroundings and notice the suspended log in time.

She stoops down just in time, and the felled log swings overhead - the tree-souled woman can feel the rush of air upon the top of her head.

Meanwhile, Boggel observes another lurking danger. He spots the four figures - one of them especially short - hiding among the trees and shrubs, poised to leap out and attack.

Moments after Teasel and Boggel plunge into the stand of trees and recede just out of sight, the party hears a snap followed by a strange grinding and the sound of something large swinging through the air.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja focuses on her task of tying up the prisoner to make sure she will not escape. If something wants to fight it can darn well come out of thre trees to do so is her way of thinking.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel's eyes narrow. " Hey. If this is a joke just come out and we can talk peacefully ," she says in Sylvan.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel starts to speak when he spots the shapes. His eyes narrow as he pronounces a blessing on his bow. using his weather blessing to add 1d4 electric damage to his bow He takes aim but wants to see how they respond to Teasel first. He has no desire to shoot someone who doesn't deserve to be shot.


Teasel and Boggel:

Two men, a woman, and a man half the size of the others emerge from the brush. One holds a torch that flares to life, better revealing the scene before you. The humans wear roughspun clothes with many unmended rips and tears, and their boots show the wear of much travel. Two of them openly brandish short, heavy blades while the third aims a bow at you.

The short man wears a scarf wrapped around his head, and several gold earrings adorn his ears - including one that appears as though it were bitten off.

"Sure. We can do this peacefully," the short man sneers, keeping his thin blade aimed in your direction. "Toss down your weapons, your money, and then walk slowly over here. And keep quiet! Say a word, and you are dead."

The woman with the torch and the man with the bow stand ready, while the third bandit retrieves a length of rope.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel looks at them kind of confused. "You know I don't want to fight you but what makes you think I'm going to surrender to you. Do you think I'm incapable of fighting you," she says slightly irritated.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Look.”

The dwarf calls out.

”The way I see it, No blood has been spilled yet.”

”We aren’t here to cause you a problem, even though I’m pretty sure there is a price on your heads, and we don’t have anything worth taking.”

He indicates towards where Teasel has gone.

”This one that’s acting a bit strange is an envoy from the Fey Realm.”

”If you haven’t run afoul of them yet, they have gotten pretty pissed off up north and people are going missing all the time. The First World doesn’t do ransom deals and living out here in the Forest, like you are currently doing, do you really want the Elder Fey to determine you to be the focus of their whimsical attention?”

”Not to mention the whole Harpy Invasion thing and the Hag Menace. We are seriously on a multitasking mission here. If we go missing there is going to be some serious follow up on the part of multiple parties.”

”So . . . ?”

”Why don’t you wait for some easier prey to come along? Or maybe we can bring you some supplies on the way back?”


The halfling speaks, although he does not step forward. He keeps a crossbow trained on you.

"I've killed fey before," he declares. "In fact, I killed far worse things, back when I ran with the Azure Guard, back before they cheated me and turned on me. Your lives are the ones in danger here."

Without taking his eyes off you or lowering his crossbow, he spits into the dirt.

"Just hand over the tavern wench, and I won't have to cut off your fingers, one by one."

I've updated the Encounter Map.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Well, you have me at a disadvantage about this Azure Guard, never heard of them. Nor do I know you personally.”

”I figured we were ratted out and someone would be waitin for us along the way. That was a given I guessed, but I would sure like to know something though.”

The dwarf pauses grimly.

”Was Vorshin a part of this?”


A Knowledge (Local) check can provide information on the Azure Guard.

The flickering torchlight, held by his bandit henchmen, illuminates the bitter sneer that cuts its way across the halfling's face.

"You're talking an awful lot for someone whose life sits at the end of my crossbow," he retorts. "Now either give me the woman, or I'll be leaving you with some new orifices."

Sense Motive DC 10:
This halfling bandit is terrible at concealing his thoughts. The way he skirts the question, accentuated by the twisting expressions on his face, makes it clear that he has a connection to Vorshin.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Sounds like your knights in shining armor are here to rescue you," Qitaba says to Jalene.

In Celestial, then Sylvan:

"If they move closer, I'll bring up a cloud of mist. Wulf, you skirt around it, and Teasel and I can stay near the prisoner."

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,701 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hollow's Revolution (Red Side) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.