Hollow's Revolution (Red Side)

Game Master vayelan

Party Loot

Maps:
Falcon's Hollow (Town Map)
Darkmoon Vale (Regional Map)

Current Encounter: Roadside Ambush


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,705 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

The Widow d'Salle welcomes back the rented animals and trappings, returning the dwarven relics that were left as collateral.

"I trust these critters all behaved themselves?" she asks pleasantly. "To be honest, it's a relief to have them returned. I've heard that one of the Lumber Consortium's elder directors is in town, and he may be outfitting a small caravan up to Falcon's Hollow."

What other locations does the party visit? Are you heading straight into the Arthfell Forest?


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

As Kit walks away, Boggel says, "We eat what we have to for survival. I see nothing wrong with eating insects. They are a good source of nutrition and are often available in large numbers." He seems to be speaking to the man's back, so he simply shrugs.

Having gone with Helgrim to return the animals, Boggel turns to him as they walk out of the store. "Did she say a director of the consortium was heading to Falcon's Hollow with a caravan? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Oh really? I am guessing that it’s not everyday a director flits through town. Any idea why he’d be here? Any scuttlebutt surrounding his appearance?”

Helgrim asks the widow with interest.

He shoots a glance at Wulf.


"Well, I do declare that I haven't the faintest idea what brings him north," she replies. "But for one of their board members to leave the cities, it must be something important. No news has come down from the Hollow, so it must be some hush-hush company business."

The young widow pauses and leans in with a conspiratorial glint in her eye.

"I've heard he's even brought along his mistress," she whispers with a lascivious smile. "She's the daughter of some wealthy shipbuilder down in Almas with many a scandalous story to her name. If he couldn't convince her to stay behind, well, he must be in some kind of hurry."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Heh, I thought I was walking away with Boggel.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Hmm. Any way to capitalize on that... Freyja muses.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Oh a wealthy mistress that is bad news, His poor wife" he says not working on his staff at the moment.

"I myself though single am in no way wishing to make my future wife feel worried about such a thing" he says looking at her with a warm smile.

"Thank you some much my dear, you have been most helpful"


Apologies for the delay. I was waiting to see where party members wanted to go next.

Soon enough, as you make your way through the large farming town, you happen upon a sight that can only be the source of the rumors that the Widow d'Salle spoke of. A sizeable entourage proceeds down the wide thoroughfare, with laborers stepping aside and carts steering out of their way. At their head, closely flanked by a pair of intimidating bodyguards - in addition to other armed men skirting the group, walks a lean, ashen-haired man of wealth and means.. His attempts to speak with attending aides is continually stymied by the woman hanging off his arm: a young lady whose ginger hair and violet gown contrast sharply with her host's demurred colors.

When they draw closer, you can better hear the woman's cloying, pleading voice.

"Please, Gol my dear, can't we lunch at the Thrumming Birch? Stories of Master Thrum's genius reach all the way to Almas. I may never get this chance again! I promise you'll have the time of your life. It may even make this dreary trip worthwhile."

The woman bats her eyelashes to gain advantage over her patron. When the entourage passes by, however, her eyes scan across your own party, and she clings more closely to this older Gol fellow.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Wulf stops and tips his hat to the man and the woman but does not let them interrupt his own destination. he would not allow a man who seems to think himself superior to the common folk command such respect. Real leaders share the burdens of the people, if not directly then at least try to make sure they understand.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja follows Sir Wulf's lead, unsure what the play is. She hangs in the back trying not to be noticed, thinking no good can come from that one's notice.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel just quietly follows Wulf's lead trusting that he knows how to handle the situation.


The leader of the entourage offers no return sign of courtesy, and most of his flunkies follow suit. In short order, the entire group has passed you by without incident, seemingly taking no notice of your existence. The usual order in the Olfden street resumes, with folks going about their business.

Thus, you are again left to decide where to go next.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Wulf, I don’t know what more we can do here besides provide ourselves a target. The sooner we leave and make it to Hollow ahead of this group the better. The longer we delay, the more time we give our enemies to sharpen their knives and deepen their pits for us along the trail. We will need time to form and strengthen alliances in town.”

”Plus we need to get Teasel in contact with the forest dwellers.”

”If anyone thinks differently I am happy to listen to their counsel.”


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Good point, these people are spoiled and not ones to be in the Hollow. They wouldn't survive and if they did they would change it for the worse." He says and then looks to Teasel.

"I do hope your friends and family in the woods will choose to ally with the people, and I hope to help us log responsibly form their home. I do not want to harm the fey too much, but we would still need wood. and if they are willing to help defend I am sure the people will help respect them and there home."He says turning and heading out to find the target.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

"Hmm, I wonder if that was one of those consortium bosses. What do you think?" he asks Wulf as the fancy folk pass by.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"I'm confident that we can come to a happy balance. At the current rate we won't have any home soon. I can't guarantee everyone's cooperation but I'll certainly try," Teasel says trailing off in thought.

"With that being said..... We still should be careful dealing with the more malicious of the forest. Like the aspis they delight in tormenting the weak and....," Teasel says abruptly stopping.

"They may have found me one of the weakest of the forest.... But with your help I'm confident we can defeat them," she says optimistically.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”No doubt Boggel. That’s the company man and his side piece that the widow told us about.”

The dwarf looks less sure when responding to Teasel.

”Uh, yeah, well let’s talk to the friendly ones then. I understand why many of the forest folk would be pissed, They’ve clear cut everything leaving nothing to regenerate.”


You spend some time deliberating your next course of action: whether to appeal to the fey of the Arthfell or Darkmoon Woods, catch up with the Diamond Regiment contingent, or track down Ayda Vorshin to seek a measure of justice. However, as you stand by the side of the road, you find a sugary sweet voice calling to you.

"I say, dear sir! I beseech thee to aid me!"

Scarcely hidden beside the music shop at your back, you espy the Consortium director's mistress. She stands alone, with no sign of any of the Consortium entourage, and she clearly aims her entreaties towards Sergeant Wulf.

I did have this one plot thread I wanted to weave into the mix before letting you guys leave Olfden.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

This sounds interesting. The dwarf starts popping popcorn.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"Oooo you need help. I'll gladly help...," Teasel says completely oblivious to what's going on.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Wulf looks at this woman and puts his whittling knife away.'What seems to be the problem Ma'am"


"The problem is that we haven't been properly introduced yet," the comely young woman replies, sauntering over to Wulf. She places her hands softly upon his shoulders, leans in, and whispers into his ear.

Wulf:
As she speaks, she taps her finger upon the medal on your chest - the one that Lieutenant Garibaldi issued to you before the party left Adamas.

"Although the real problem is keeping Director Ephialtes from Falcon's Hollow as long as possible so the Commander can begin her investigation without interference."

Gone is the high-pitched voice of a spoiled trollop clinging to a powerful man's arm. She speaks low and direct, her words filled with singular purpose. Whatever role, whatever game this young woman plays, she is momentarily dropping her act to make contact with you.

Perception DC 14:
The woman intentionally places her right hand upon the medal on Wulf's chest, the one that Lieutenant Garibaldi conferred upon him before leaving Adamas. She softly taps her dainty finger upon the medal three times, clearly calling Wulf's attention to it.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit keeps his face as neutral as possible and gives the 'couple' some distance. When behind the two, he surreptitiously casts Detect Magic and scans the lady from a distance. These pale northern barbarians and their incredible lack of finesse and subtlety, he thinks to himself.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Director, I didn't know the man was a theatre person? What would that have to do with the investigation?" He asks looking at the woman not being quite at all.

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

Suspicious as ever, Helgrim's brow knits as he tries to tease what he can from the interaction.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Hummm, she's tapping Wulf's badge, she's clearly drawin his attention to it or lettin him know she see's it."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"A woman with curves as dangerous as an Orc Chieftain's scimitar and eyes that are sharper than any I've crossed blades with." The dwarf grumbles.

Then a sobering look comes over him.

"Well, to a human male anyway. I'd still go for Freyja first. This one is too twiggy for my taste."


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Freyja's ears pick up as she realizes the woman is more than she seems. She begins to look about for danger.


Kit:
She casts a brief, sidelong glance and a wan smile your way as she allows you to recognize the magic that bedecks her. In addition to a number of magical tokens upon her, masquerading as mere jewelry, there are a few layers of spells upon her. The alley behind her also bears signs of abjuration magic.

Wulf's response elicits a bubbly giggle from the young woman.

"Please, please, invite your friends over, if true friends they be," she playfully suggests, batting her eyelashes. "I do not mind sharing you."

She insistently beckons you all into the alley betwixt the music shop and the neighboring cooper's shop.

Helgrim:
Her act is convincing, and if not for her gesture with the medal, you might think her nothing more than a coquettish waif. Nevertheless, no malice lurks beneath her facade. She seems eager to converse in private.

Freyja:
You spot some passersby shake their heads as they observe the woman, apparently thinking her no more than a wanton strumpet flirting with an officer in the street. Your practiced eye picks out no cutpurse, thug, or hired blade lurking in the eaves. She is acting alone.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel simply accepts that young women come to Wulf for aid. It seems to be a pattern. This particular one might be a bit more bold about it. Perhaps it is the uniform, he wonders.
sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
I'm assuming she means no ill intent based on how you've written her, but please let me know if I'm wrong
He has no idea what Wulf's theatre comment means, but, as a 'true friend' of Wulf, he will follow into the alley if that is where they wish to go.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel just stares awkwardly at the situation and quietly whispers to Boggel,"Is she trying to kill us or ask us for help? I don't know."

After getting a headache trying to figure out whats going on Teasel simply shrugs and walks into the alley.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"They will come over but as for owning me, you Do not. I am a free man, as are all men in this glorious nation, to bind a man to the yoke of slavery is a heinous crime, unless you are not a true Andoran? You are aren't you?" He says stoically as ever his face showing no sign of anger or malice, just well trained and focused eyes looking directly at her.


"A true Andoren? Why, my good sir, just follow and you shall see," she promises with a lascivious smile.

Boggel:
You find this woman's behavior no stranger than any other human you've met, but you are confident that she means you no harm. In fact, you suspect that she may truly need your help. However, she also seems to grow exasperated with Wulf's responses.
Basically, she's frustrated that Wulf isn't "playing along." She's a good guy and trying to be somewhat subtle, but Wulf is not one for subtlety.

Within the alley's confines, this strange woman offers clearer words that mark her as an ally.

"My name is Bora, and as your Qadiran companion should be able to tell, I've cloaked this alley with a couple spells, so we can speak freely," she explains. "We are pressed for time, so grabbing you off the street was the extent of the finesse that I could afford."

Her tone has markedly changed, like a songbird taking on the aspect of an eagle. The mask of a giddy, flirtatious socialite that she wore in the street falls, revealing lines of severity upon her cheeks and brow.

"You speak like an Eagle Knight, sure enough, but you also have the look of a Valer," she says to Wulf, "So you're probably used to Gavel Kreed being the face of the Consortium. Believe me, though - there are tyrants above him, and you just saw me playing as a bauble to one of them.

"That man was Gol Ephialtes, the Lumber Consortium's representative out of Almas. He is singly responsible for keeping older and greedier members of the People's Council in the Consortium's pocket, and he is on his way to oversee Kreed's operations in advance of the evidently not-so-surprise inspection we had planned.

"Now, I'm familiar with the town's magistrate. He has all the legal acumen of a scarecrow, so we were never worried about his interference. Ephialtes is a different type of beast. If he blunders into town in the middle of Commander Odeber's investigation, he will grind everything to a halt. I need to delay him as much as possible, but I’ve exhausted my entire repertoire of tricks - at least the ones that won’t compromise my cover.”

Bora offers a tilt of her head, hoping you know what she is about to ask.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"What is it you need" He says looking at her still firm and unrelenting.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel's lips slip into a smile at the request. "Wulf let me translate for you. There are a lot of things that I don't understand but this I do. She wants us to cause him a bit of mischief
Distract him. Make his life a bit convoluted
," she says confidently.

Upon thinking a bit more she adds," Or kill him. Its one of those two. "


Bora's eyes widen slightly and she leans back in response to Teasel's more extreme solution.

"That...certainly wouldn't be one of my first courses of action," she clarifies. "Although Andoran would not miss such a reprehensible man, his death would unfortunately complicate matters for us. Besides which, I know the Commander would never condone such measures.

"Delivering him some mischief would be much preferable. The longer he can be kept out of Falcon's Hollow, the better."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Kit nods soberly, then smiles.

"Mischief that doesn't trace back to us is the best kind. Let's see what we can do. Disguises and summons and paying a few people to assist in the distraction is a good one. Which road does he come by?"


"I excused myself to 'powder my nose' while he stopped in the local Consortium office to pick up some documents. I will be meeting him back on Front Street," she says, pointing down the way to the main road at the next intersection.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"We should get those documents, and hamper his mode of transport" He says looking at the others.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

"Hmm, give me one moment," Boggel says as he ducks back out of the alley.
herbalism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Boggel looks around and quietly plucks a daffodil out of a local flower garden and rejoins the others. He cuts a bit of the bulb and squeezes the juice into a small flask, mixing it with a little water. "If you can get him to drink this, he will not be able to travel for at least 24 hours," he says handing the vial to Bora. "You can slip it in some wine or something, perhaps, should other methods fail. It will result in... digestive distress, but should cause no real damage."

hrm, in game terms, perhaps he'd get a save vs poison, not sure of the DC but seriously, this'll mess you up. I'm assuming with his roll, he's not going to over-poison the guy to the point of legit illness. Or simply rule we can't do that :)


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Brilliant," says Kit, nodding. "Boggel, do you have anything our dear friend can take so that she may drink of the same draught without suffering ill effects? Less suspicion that way."


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Just tell me how I might help. Freyja offers.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

"Hummmm, Teasel. Do you know any pixies? Or Woods spirits that can summon swarms? I am guessing his Immense-ness rides around in wagons. Perhaps some particularly voracious termites are in order, or some nasty mosquito infestations."

"Maybe something that can cause some horrible and long lasting loosening of the bowels for his party that would slow them down along the way?'

"Maybe his beasts of burden luck into some loco-weed while they are penned for the night. It wouldn't hurt the animals in the long run, but drunk, high and uncoordinated they would have to wait at least a day for them to "sober up".


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Would Teasel be able to see if she can enlist i some help from the forest?

"Maybe. Im not that familiar with this area but fey are always willing to help in the name of mischief," she says with an air of excitement in her voice.


Teasel:

Teasel Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

As befitting the role you have been groomed for, serving as a fey diplomat to the human communities, you have some insight into the political structure of the fey in the region.

The Nymph Queen Syntira, one of the eleven Eternal Monarchs of the First World and emissary of the Eldest, is the fey ruler of Darkmoon Vale - however, her rule is far from unquestioned. Her continued inability to resolve the conflict with the human settlements has led to discontent among her subjects in the Vale. Her own sister, Ambrosia, serves as an opposition leader, representing the fey who crave more direct, violent action to settle their grievances.

While Syntira's influence is strongest in the older, more primeval Darkmoon Wood, the nearby and larger Arthfell Forest has seen increased support for Ambrosia.

Thus, the fey of the Arthfell would likely be willing to help you, but their means might be far too excessive for your human peers.
...

"It would take an impressive bit of skulduggery to slip the documents away from him," Bora replies, "but slipping something into his drink would be far easier. The only thing Gol likes to sample more than women is wine. Enlisting fey aid could be effective but dangerous. We'd run the risk of lionizing the Consortium's image as protectors against the fey."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Let's stay away from anything that exudes magic," says Qitaba, shaking his head. "Too easily traced. And fey talk. Babble, even."


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"True. I think that while I could get the fey to help us it might be a bit excessive for mine and everyone else's tastes. Even the friendlier of them would still rather get rid of the problem permanently and as fast as possible," Teasel says kind of confused where to go next.


"One last idea that crossed my mind was to simply start a fight with him and his entourage," Bora offers. "Thus, the town guard would delay Gol for us by keeping him locked up for a day or two. I could call upon favors with my local contacts to keep you out of permanent trouble. However, I daresay that your own ideas might be more effective, but we will need to get started quickly.

"Which will it be?" she asks pointedly. "Shall we slip him a special drink, attempt to steal his documents, or try a yet different approach?"


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja looks to Sir Wulf for a decision.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

"Freyja, I bet you are a fair hand at makeup and costuming. Do you think you could infiltrate and get close enough to dope up the man and nab the documents?"

"I am wary about getting into a direct confrontation with a man so powerful. What if we enter into a fight with him it damages Wulf's image and gives him something legal against us?"

"And for what its worth I now agree with keeping the fey out of it. We need to repair relations here, not create a backlash. I have to admit I am quite ignorant of fey/human politics."

"Thinking outside the box though, what if we could get the official and his crew into a row with Vorshin and her men?"

"That keeps us out of it and the locals authorities could hold onto both halves to send a message? Maybe an extra day of two while they complete an investigation?"


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Getting him into a row with Vorshin tosses one stone at two birds," says Qitaba. "Can we get them all to the same place?" The Keleshite chuckles. "The wine is easiest, though."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"It would be better to assure Gols' delay, Vorshin can fall in line via I believe a challenge, or we could do the same on the way home, slip it into thier cask" he says rubbing his chin.

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,705 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hollow's Revolution (Red Side) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.