Hollow's Revolution (Red Side)

Game Master vayelan

Party Loot

Maps:
Falcon's Hollow (Town Map)
Darkmoon Vale (Regional Map)

Current Encounter: Roadside Ambush


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,708 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

"Hmm, silver arrows. I may have to pick up a few of those. Good idea." He wonders if such an item would be available in this little town. Perhaps, if they expect attacks from werewolves.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"I have but my staff, bow, knives and the magical sword" he says walking simply as he eyes Vorshin.

"I will keep you and yours alive to the best of my ability if you can do thee same!" he says as he strides forth eyes checking the sides and canopy. he looks at the others.

"Any of ye got better sight than me. Also, check for any possible traps or choke points" he says seemingly calm.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"I can hopefully negotiate with the druids. The lycanthropes and hobgoblins sound more dangerous though Im not sure what to expect from them. I've never met them before. ," she says taking out her weapon.

Upon hearing Helgrim's explanation of how the geysers work she she says,"You know your very knowledgeable about this area. I would love to learn more about geysers when we're under less pressure."

Aaaaa.... I just got the pun.


Kit:
Obviously, you don't have to dump all this information on the party all at once. This is just what you know and can parcel out based on your high Knowledge check.
Although you did not learn much about the local geography on your first trip through this area, you did pick up considerable knowledge about the town itself. Olfden is twice the size of Falcon’s Hollow, but arguably offers half the danger and excitement. In addition to providing a safe haven for the local farmers, loggers, and craftspeople, it is also home to many retired soldiers.

When you passed through Olfden previously, you were impressed by how forward thinking the locals were. While the town’s economy is still focused upon logging, the residents recognize that this industry will exhaust the forests in a generation or two. Thus, they have been looking for new ways to draw people to town and continue its existence. In particular, many shops and services have begun catering to the increasing numbers of adventurers and explorers that have been drawn to Darkmoon Vale in search of lost dwarven riches.

Werewolves remain the residents’ greatest fear. The prejudice you are used to seeing directed against Keleshites, and Qadirans in particular, is instead focused upon anyone suspected of even doing business with lycanthropes and their kin. Some of the locals also spoke, in hushed tones, of a past event they called “The Night of Silver Blood,” but you did not get any details before you had to depart for Falcon’s Hollow.

Another simmering conflict is the tension between the town’s loggers and the inhabitants of the forest. While the Greenfire Circle of druids try to maintain a peaceful balance, and the rangers of the Fangwatch work with local soldiers to protect the town, there are also whispers of groups actively working against Olfden. In particular, you’ve heard two names mentioned: the Shadow Pack and the Third Veil.

The town is overseen by its bumbling mayor, Gilmore Amring. Despite his blunders and faux pas, especially with visiting dignitaries, he remains beloved by the locals. There are also rumors that he merely plays the fool, and that his antics are merely a front to put people at ease and leave them underestimating him. Two other notable figures are Luna Aldred and Karlae Siegfrost, former adventurers who have become local heroes. In fact, you heard people speak fondly of plans to erect a statue commemorating Miss Aldred’s defense of the town during the aforementioned “Night of Silver Blood.”

Freyja:
Although you did not learn much about the local geography on your first trip through this area, you did pick up considerable knowledge about the town itself. Olfden is twice the size of Falcon’s Hollow, but arguably offers half the danger and excitement. In addition to providing a safe haven for the local farmers, loggers, and craftspeople, it is also home to many retired soldiers.

One of the reasons why werewolves remain the biggest threat in locals' minds is the Night of Silver Blood. A few years back, Olfden suffered a coordinated attack by an army of werewolves, hobgoblins, and allied druids. They came out of the Arthfell and besieged the town on three sides. The hobgoblins even employed catapults and trebuchets. The town nearly fell, but a few local heroes managed to hold off the enemy long enough for Diamond Regiment soldiers and Fangwatch rangers to arrive and break the siege.

You also know that the plateau-like cliff that Olfden sits upon is a remnant of the Rending, a cataclysmic series of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that tore through Darkmoon Vale some seven centuries ago.

The forest hangs oppressively close upon the western side of the road as you draw nearer to the town upon the shelf. On the eastern side, the smell of sulfur wafts over the caravan, evidence of more hot springs and mudpots upon the plains. It is a great relief when, with the afternoon sky growing orange, you stand in the shadow of the Elberwick Rise, approaching the sturdy stone walls that hem in the northernmost verge of the town.

Helgrim:
The walls and towers of Olfden are unimpressive but adequate for their purpose. However, you notice cracks and damage in the walls that have been poorly repaired, suggesting the town endured some manner of siege within the past decade. You recall hearing something about an army of hobgoblins and werewolves that emerged from the forest some years back, so you suspect this may have been the source of the scars upon the town's defenses.

The road slopes upward, cradled by a shallow ramp in the cliff's face and guarded by a stout set of towers, and the caravan rolls into the town of Olfden.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"The lycanthropes--"those who seek to be wolves", we call them--is certainly the big fear in Olfden, although I know not if it's the biggest danger. There was a conflict in the past, the 'Night of Silver Blood'. I assume there were losses on both sides," says Kit.

"However, the druids shouldn't be dismissed. The Greenfire Circle works with the town, but there are two other groups--the Shadow Pack and the Third Veil--that we should be wary of. I must say, 'Shadow Pack' could also be lycanthropes," muses the Keleshite.

"On the whole, though, it's a safer and more progressive place than Falcon's Hollow," he concludes cheerfully. "Ah, here we are, beneath the gate wall. I am sure we'll notice the protection of the soldiers here--far more orderly. Oh, and good for the traveler in search of whatever travelers search for these days--gold coins and ancient treasure, I suppose."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Wulf stops and reaches his hand down to scratch at the earth and smell it."Soils not right, I smell something foul" He says as he then stands and looks to his fellow adventurers.

"Never Faced a Werewolf, fought a hobgoblin once" Wulf said shrugging."Was a part of some bandits" he slaps his hands and regrips his staff and presses on.


Female Half-Orc Warrior (NPC)

"Well, here we are, folks," Vorshin announces to the party once the caravan is within the town. A small crowd of people, busy with the ends of their workdays, pause to watch the congregation of wagons and animals stopped on the main road.

"If you need a place to spend the night, I'd recommend the Silver Bulette. It's quite popular, but more importantly, it's cheap. They might have some rooms free even after putting up me and my men. The tavern on the ground floor ain't bad, either."

An impish smile crosses the caravan master's face, revealing her teeth.

"On the other hand, if you want to deliver your prisoner right away, the Gleaming Tower is just three miles down the eastern road from here. Not many locals would risk being caught outside the walls at night, but you lot are fairly tough, right?"


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"We should deliver the prisoner first to ensure her safety. Afterwards, I would like to talk to the druids. This is the first time leaving my home and it would comfort me a bit to interact with some familiar faces. Thank you Vorshen," she says a little overwhelmed.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

A sound plan. Freyja agrees. Once away from the caravan leader she offers 5 silver arrows to anyone in the group with a bow. and adds I wonder if silver weapons are available here.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

'Sorry bout the mix up there Vorshin. Ye do what ye do ta' make sure ye get a fair deal, sorry about the misunderstanding how about I buy you a drink later" He says with a smile as he then looks to the others.

"I am up for a little more of a walk, but would y'all like t' rest before we do?" he says as he stands firm.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

"Hummm, best bet would be to get walkin straight away, unless they have already prepared for that."

"People inside of town have had plenty of warning we are on the way and the Timber Barons probably have a lot of history and influence here."

"Three miles is only three miles and Wulf sent word to the tower via chain of command."

"heh! I am thinking we buy riding horses and go straight there. it would take 20 minutes if the road is good."

"Keepin in mind I am no big fan of ridin a horse, but in this case I am suggestin it."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Can one not rent a horse in these parts? ...I suppose not. Well, as long as we aren't chasing jackalweres on horseback, I'll make do," says Kit.

"...do grippli ride horses? Perhaps we can save on one horse at least..." muses the Keleshite, eyes upon their small batrachian companion.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel grins at Kit's comment. "I can I suppose. Though I never have." There simply isn't much use for horses in swamps. "But I don't mind riding with someone else."
He also nods to Vorshin as she gathers her men. "I have not forgotten our deal. I will meet you at the Bulette bar after we have delivered her."
he will keep his eyes and ears open while they are in town here to see if any silver weapons are indeed available


The townsfolk seem very amenable to explorers and adventurers, and it takes no time at all to receive recommendations.

"For horses, your best bet's Tepid Transports," one passing porter suggests. "The widow d'Salle specializes in carts, rowboats, and the like, but she does keep several animals in the paddock adjoining her shop. It's actually the biggest shop in town, don'tcha know?"

The mention of silver weapons elicits a number of curious looks from passersby, but they are accompanied by a few approving nods, too.

"You're just in time," a limping logger tells you with a gap-toothed smile. "The Sliver will be opening soon. Ol' Hobbin specializes in silvering weapons. His shop's popular with adventurers, the guard, and even regular folk who don't fancy being eaten by those wolf-kin."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Tell me what sort of livestock and food do you grow here? Does it do well this confined?" he asks a bit curious at the possibility. I mean it would be hard for things to grow and thrive in such cramped of a place.


"Well, my brother's the one who stuck with the family farm," the logger answers Wulf, "But I reckon the soil around here's pretty good for beans, onions, olives, and tomatoes. I hear some folks've toyed around with growing grapes, but I don't think it's really taken root."

He pauses to offer a rattling chuckle at his own joke.

"Yup, those old volcanoes left us some damn good soil. Livestock's a bit trickier. On this side of the rise, there isn't a lot of pasture space between town and the Arthfell. Down on the plains, though, you gotta keep an eye on the animals, else they'll fall into a spring and get boiled alive, or they'll get gobbled up by wolves."


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

"Do you know anything about the druids that help you in the area? I would like to talk to them at some point. ," Teasel says quite excited.

Upon hearing the issues with the animals her eyes grow wide and she says,"Aren't you worried about the other issues with volcanoes? I heard that are hazards that can harm you beyond just boiling water."

I presume ooc that we are in a place similar to Yellowstone.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja urges the group to conclude their business, get horses if that is the plan, and proceed to turn in the prisoner.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

"Come on Wulf. We aren't here to talk about lima beans and what not. Let's get moving or lets find a place to stay. Time is not on our side.'


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Ah true, I apologize." he says to Helgrim as he then looks at the farmer and nods.

"I'll hopefully get more time on the way back, Might take some of them grape clippings" he says turning and following the others.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Okay, point us to the horse-monger please.”


Teasel: Yellowstone is actually a good analogy for the local ecology. Good observation.

Teasel is ushered away before she can get an answer on the local druids. However, her companions can better read the logger's expression, and they wonder whether or not the man would have had anything positive to say - if anything at all - based upon the wary, superstitious look that crosses his face.

Even without the directions offered, finding Tepid Transports would not have been hard, owing to the size of the shop and its wares on display. In a renovated barn adjoining the shop proper, you can see a number of carts, wagons, and even a carriage parked beneath its gambrel roof. A large rack, shaded by a lean-to, also holds a number of rowboats and canoes.

"Welcome," calls the sultry-voiced woman leaning against the door of the shop after taking one last puff from her slender wooden pipe. "What can I do for you?"

The shop owner, Marteva d'Salle, points out a fenced paddock occupying a wide lot across the street. You can see a handler coaxing a number of mules, donkeys, and horses into their stalls and stables for the night.

"With the influx of adventurers, I have been mulling the idea of renting out animals and vehicles," she explains. "I can give you riding horses with full tack for a deposit of forty gold sails each, and you will get thirty back when they are safely returned."


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

if someone doesn't mind letting me ride with them, I can front some gold. I don't think I need my own horse. How are we transporting the prisoner?


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Looking embarrassed Freyja admits I am short on coin. If someone can front me the prisoner can ride with me.

I have not made a single coin as of yet.


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel looks around awkwardly and says," Me too."


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Wait?! Who was handlin our group gold? Wulf was it you or that flowery speakin woman? I gave up my coin bag for the trip here.”

The dwarf holds up an apologetic hand.

”Scuse’me ma’am, I think my companions and I need to step outside to discuss our finances.”


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Excuse us Miss, Seems we haven't a course of action. Ye wait right 'ere" he says walking back outside.

Once outside he strokes his chin which was getting a bit more stubbily then he would like."Seems we need t' know how much we have and how much we willing to part. Also any of ye' good with evaluating mounts!"


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Riding horse is 75gp by the book. Tac adds anther 10 or so. So our rental is about 12% of the value. That is not bad for a month, but quite high for a afternoon and evening. If we intend to return the mounts later tonight perhaps better terms could be arranged? And does the fee include insurance? i.e. if the horse is killed in a fight what happens?


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"That's too much for a rental," says Kit, "Even for your gargantuan lunks of horsemeat. They all look like they're built for ogres to ride. However..." Kit counts out 80 gold pieces. "I am good for two horses, with little to spare."


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”Well, we have 50gp from the dead elf and we’ve got a whole ton of coins from the tower and we got a bunch of coins from sellin the darn Harpy egg, but I think that woman took off with it.”

”I had to dig down in my pack to get the coins.”

Not to mention I had to search back and read where we got the coins. Can you tell us how much coin total the group has? I know we got some platinum along the the way too.

”So are we good with this course of action? Or do we want to get a room? I don’t think we have enough to do both.”


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel lives a simple life. Gold has never held much meaning for him. But in dealing with humans, he has managed to acquire some, and he rarely has any need to spend it. "I have some money I wish to save for syrup. And the drinks I owe Vorshin. But the rest of these coins, I could part with."
Boggel has 50+gp, although that will leave him without money for silver weapons. Instead of renting individual horses, will this woman rent us a wagon? Then we can keep the prisoner well-chained and we can simply ride along


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel opens up her bag once more and starts shaking it vigorously with a large amount of gold pieces falling out. Looking rather flustered she says,"Ooooo.... I guess I do have a decent amount of money. How much do we need."
Sorry I never wrote down how much gold I had left and even with the heavy armor and weapon I still left myself 232 GP that I never recorded on my sheet.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

A wagon would be fine. Whatever gets us on the road faster is best. Freyja voices.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

Qitaba eyes the various bits of loot the party has. "A wagon is a wonderful idea. As this is an area in which silver is especially precious, what do you say we trade silver for silver when we drop off our murderous maid-of-the-bar? We give the smithy or another person some silver bowls; we buy some silver daggers or bolts in return."

He examines his tanned, patrician hands. "I'm more of a 'crossbow from afar' fellow than 'up close with a dagger'", he says, apologetically.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

”A cart is loud and slow. Crap. Do we have enough time to reach it still while it’s light out? Looks like we have plenty of coin. Is everyone ready to go now or do we spend the night? There may be werewolves outside the gates, but I guarantee there are dangers here inside the walls with us already.”

”I guess the other course of action is we can go to the Burgermeister and see if he will be cooperative. I am sure he won’t want to blow off Wulf this close to the Gleaming Tower.”

”Let’s take a vote.”


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

Boggel doesn't mind horses, as long as the prisoner is well chained. "We are not going far, yes? Do we have to make it back here before nightfall? Can we not spend the evening at the garrison?" or whatever it is


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Lets just start walking. Freyja says in near desperation.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Whatever gets us there faster" He says eyes darting about before he looks to Helgrim.

"I am not really too keen a showing my rank and file to non-military folk. Was told it could be too Intimidating"He says blinking before going to look at the woman's stock.


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"Boggel is right," says Qitaba. "It would be ridiculous if we can't stay at the garrison. We're here to transport the prisoner. They would have to give us a place for the night."


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

"Not necessarily, only under immediate duress will they usually house Civilians on base. they might, however, have a section for commerce and civilian activity. Though it is speculative"he says rubbing his chin and sighing.

"Anyone decent with a shave I am getting a bit too scratchy"he says rubbing his chin.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

"Okay, Kit and Freja. Here is a 100 gold. Go get arrows, bolts and whatever and see if we can get a couple silvered morningstars or whatever. I'd prefer something better than a damn dagger. Take Teasel with you cause she has ectra coin in case you fins something good and need extra. Teasel, I want you to let those other two do the negotiation. They are in their element here."

He puts his hand on her shoulder with gentle respect.

"Now, don't you go thinking that I am against ye. We will be in your stompin grounds here soon enough. We need to set things right with your world, you will be in your territory there and we will be relying on you to guide us then. Heh! Hopefully the fey will let us alone on this missin though. The dwarves and the fey were able to live in relative peace because we weren't trying to their homes into boards and chess pieces all the time."

He points to Wulf.

"Wulf. You and I are going to back in and get four horses and some kind of cart or buggy for those that aren't great at riding. If we have to we can double up on the horses. You and I can get everything rigged up while the others gather what we need."

"Let's get movin."

Unless there is a disagreement, the dwarf goes back in to settle up with the stablemaster.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6
Sir Wulf the Wise wrote:

"Not necessarily, only under immediate duress will they usually house Civilians on base. they might, however, have a section for commerce and civilian activity. Though it is speculative"he says rubbing his chin and sighing.

"Anyone decent with a shave I am getting a bit too scratchy"he says rubbing his chin.

The dwarf eyes the man's beard.

"Heh! We can shave you I guess, but you just started growin a decent starter beard. Hey, maybe your lass would prefer a man with a little hair on his face to that boyish mug of yer's."

The dwarf slaps his leg and laughs heartily.

"Heh heh! See the beard helps hide your blushing cheeks a bit."


Stats:
HP 22/22 Init +4 Perc +0 AC 14/13/10 | F+2 R+5W+5 | Arcana 10/10
Skills:
Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +11, Knowledge (local) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (planes) +11, Linguistics +14, Spellcraft +11

"I--" Kit is momentarily amazed and confounded by the dwarf and human commander, then nods his head. "A sound plan. To the silvering, then." . He sets off with Freyja and Teasel.


M Human Fighter(QuaterStaffMaster)lvl4 HP:44 Init:+3 Per:+3 F:+6 R:+3 W:+2 AC:20 ff:16 t:14 CMD:17 CMB:+4 Staff:+7

Wulf smirks as the dwarf lets him have a good bit of jest about his beard and nods."Ah but she likes it when I blush!" he laughs and then looks to Kit.

"What we are military trained men, Kit. We may bumble or mutter but we survived and were trained that when the actions need doing, we do it" he says with a wink before he turns towards the door and smiles.

"Ready to take this horse haggler fer all she's worth!?"he says with whispered excitement, ready to see his shrewd dwarven friend taste what it's like to haggle with a dwarf and a stubborn farmer.


F Looks Like Human (of Ulfin Background) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4, AC 18 (touch 12 FF 16); Hp: 33/33; Saves: Fort+3, Reflex +6, Will+3; CMD 18; Perception +6; init +4

Freyja nods, takes the coin and goes off to find what silver weapons might be available.

Note that light silver weapons cost an extra 20 gold and medium cost an extra 90 gold. Ammo costs 2 gold. So if prices are normal I can get 5 light weapons, 4 light weapons and 10 arrows (but I have arrows) or one medium weapon and 5 arrows). That's it.


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

Helgrim has no idea how much silvered weapons cost. I wonder if a mace is that hard to silver really or if a spear head is as cheap as a dagger?


F Human Tree Soul Oracle 2 Fort: 2 Reflex: 0 Will: 3 Spells /5 1st 19/19HP

Teasel shrugs at Helgrims orders. "I have no idea what anything costs so I'll stay quiet," she says while carefully taking out her coins and handing it to Freyja.
Sorry for the lack of posting. Still getting over hayfever and seasonal allergies with a bunch of other social issues.


Grippli Sacred Fist(Warpriest)-3 | 29/29 HP | AC 20 (FF 16, T 20) CMD 19 | F+5* R+5 W+7 | Mv:30', climb 20' | Init+4 Perception+8 Darkvision 60' | Blessings:4/4 | Fervor:5/5

light weapons and ammo seems most practical. Helgrim may have to settle for a light mace or short sword


Dwarf Barbarian 3 HP 47 AC 18, 20/w shield, +2 underground, t12, ff 16 or 18/w shield, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs poison, spells, Speed 30 ft CMB +5; CMD 18(22 vs bull rush or trip) Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6 (+8 stonework) SM +6

Yeah, get some arrows and bolts and a couple of 1d6 weapons and we should be good.


Wulf, Helgrim, and Teasel step back into Tepid Transports, and the Widow d'Salle welcomes them with a bemused smile.

"It occurred to me that we never discussed how long you'd need the horses," she says. "Depending on your needs, the price could be...negotiated."

.....

Directions from the locals lead Kit, Freyja, and Boggel down one of the long side streets to the indicated shop. A wooden sign, emblazoned with the image of a slim crescent moon, sits in the window and bears the name "The Silver Sliver." The stout wooden door bears a number of broad scratches upon it. Just as you arrive, the door opens and a man's head peers out. A graying, stubbly beard covers his chin and jowls, except for a bald cleft around a scar on his jaw.

"Fine timing," he says without smiling. "We're just opening for the night."

Speaking with the owner, Graff, you discover that his prices for silvered weapons is somewhat discounted. A quiver's worth of arrows or a case of bolts is only 2 crowns. Light weapons only cost 18 gold on top of the weapon's market value, and regular one-handed weapons are only 80 gold extra.

"You're probably wondering why I don't charge more, given the obvious demand for my work," Graff offers without prompting. "It's a service to the community. It's too important to be gouging folks on prices. What's more, I often get donations of recovered weapons brought back by explorers: dwarven antiques, leftovers from the Goblinblood War, or even pieces left behind by the Silver Bloods. Those are my favorites to work with, turning their own weapons back against them."

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,708 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hollow's Revolution (Red Side) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.