Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


5,251 to 5,300 of 5,487 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"Damn right I don't Morv!" Geoffrey rolls his eyes here while trying to keep the irritation out of his voice. "Don't you remember our little...escapade on our way here? Plus, I am sure Thrune considers us more of a threat now. He will look to catch us off our guard, which I will NOT allow to happen!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:
Geoffrey Piersym wrote:
"Damn right I don't Morv!" Geoffrey rolls his eyes here while trying to keep the irritation out of his voice. "Don't you remember our little...escapade on our way here? Plus, I am sure Thrune considers us more of a threat now. He will look to catch us off our guard, which I will NOT allow to happen!"

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Geoffrey feels the cold, wet hand of someone.. or something.. ironically give him a wet willy in his right ear.

Sovereign Court

GM Rolls:

G1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
G2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
G3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
LT: 1d20 + 20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 20 + 8 = 36

Initiative:

Morvena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Padraig: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Geoffrey: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Issil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Victor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Rosebud: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Lucian: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
G1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
G2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
G3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"I said dinner is not yet ready. There will be no snacking," the surly janni insists. It's true that there isn't any food in the room, so perhaps he's magically creating it whenever it's mealtime? Perhaps you might wait until mealtime to find out.

In any case, the party quickly realizes that they're unlikely to get any information from the cook, whether he's bound or not, and continue on their way.

Victor doesn't hear any sounds coming from the door to the south, so he pushes it open to reveal the open rooftop from where the soldiers had been firing the ballistae at Issil.

Moving south along the roof, the party comes face-to-face with three guards and a handsome man wearing black and red heavy armor and wielding a flaming greatsword. He sits atop a dark blue dragon.

"Don't bother raising your bows. You saw what they did with the rest of you, do you actually consider yourselves a threat?" The man taunts, but he's not looking at you, he's looking at his own guards.

"It's almost as if you vermin rolled out the red carpet for this lot and held a bloody welcoming party. Fooled by a Nox-lookalike, and now by someone dressed as one of you," he snickers, grinning at Victor from atop his wyvern. "A craftier approach than I'd ever expect from a rank and file Menador soldier. Don't ever try to sign up, you are not dumb enough to be one of them."

The guards raise their crossbows anyway, and the Commander rolls his eyes before turning his gaze on you. "So, invaders, what is your goal here? ... More importantly, how is that halfling not enslaved?" He bristles, tossing his helmet on. He holds his greatsword down at Pádraig, signalling the start of the battle for Menador Keep.

Round 1
Victor
Rosebud
Lucian Thrune (Mounted)
Blue Soldier
Morvena
Issil
Geoffrey
White Soldier
Black Soldier
Pádraig

Environmental Conditions: Open rooftop

Party Buffs: None (yet!)

Monster lore is available for the wyvern, Kn (Arcana) DC 21

Menador Keep - The Battlements


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Nah man, you've got it all wrong. I've just been so well trained by you but pushed to the brink with your smug ass-eating face that I've gone rogue! Next time you should be nicer to your employees.. maybe a paid holiday once and a while... and a better chef!"

Victor/Guard moves a tad bit closer and sends a gob of acid at the mount of the leader, hoping to stifle the creature's speed.

Acid Splash, RT: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 261d3 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + (4, 2, 2, 1) = 11

If that hits and is a sneak attack the reduce the wyvern's speed by half for one round.


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Monster Lore, Knowledge (arcana) DC21: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 3 = 13

Rosebud utters a prayer to Milani, "Everbloom, grant me your divine favor!"

Then she flies within point-blank range of the man on the dragon, some 20' above the floor.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

The Carnelian Signet laughs. "Well, Commander. At least someone knows there are incompetents."

Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

"As for you, dear Thrune. We're going to have some fun today. Enslavement is not on the menu. Ever."

Sovereign Court

Victor's quick to react, and advances on Thrune and his steed, splashing its underside with sticky acid.

"Are you watching, soldiers? Take some notes." Thrune chuckles. "And observe. Zailosorn, dive!" He taps on the wyvern's saddle, and the dragon rears up, diving at Victor...

+1 flaming greatsword, Mounted Charge, Improved Vital Strike, Ride-By Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 266d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 6, 4, 4) + 5 + (5) = 38
The blade tears Victor in half, bloodying the battlements as Thrune pulls his wyvern's tail-throttle back, causing the dragon to stop just behind Victor.

"See, men? They do bleed. Now cut them down, and save the halfling. I have more... meaningful plans for him."

"Yes sir!" His confidence renewed, the blue-eyed soldier aims his bow up at Rosebud, loosing a bolt.
Crossbow vs Rosebud: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
The tiny lyrakien grabs the bolt midair and tosses it aside triumphantly.

Round 1
Victor (-38)
Rosebud (Divine Favor)
Lucian Thrune (Mounted)
Zailosorn (-11)
Blue Soldier
Morvena
Issil
Geoffrey

White Soldier
Black Soldier
Pádraig

Environmental Conditions: Open rooftop

Party Buffs: None (yet!)

Menador Keep - The Battlements

Morvena, Issil, and Geoffrey are up!


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Ouch...better get his attention focused on me else there will be no snacks in Vic's future...

"Hey Lucian," Geoffrey calls out as he steps forward to attack, "That was a pretty nice move! Now let me show you one of mine!

5' step, activate Boots of Speed as free action (charges 8/10).
Attack Zailodorn, Power Attack. AC currently 25
Greatsword, haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 28; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 + 9 = 19
Greatsword, haste, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 - 3 = 15; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 + 9 = 19
Hasted Greatsword, haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 15; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 + 9 = 23

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena gasps as Lucian carves out what might actually be a pound of Victor's flesh, quickly realizing that the keep's commander is no pushover. She tries to recall any useful facts about wyverns that might help turn the tide.

Kn. Arcana(?): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

That beast has to be brought down...or at least *slowed* down!

Even though she suspects Victor will whinge about it again, she first attempts to slow the majority of their enemies down before ducking over to the nearby wall.
______________

Morv will cast Slow and she should be able to target everyone except for White; DC 18 Will to resist. Then she moves to her current map position.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

The Carnelian Signet casts Spiritual Ally to flank with Victor. She advances toward the minions, dagger in hand.

"My my. I can see why he's the leader. He is quite the catch. His ego is the size of a mountain, though."

The Spiritual Ally swings its longsword at the Wyvern.
This is a force attack that bypasses DR, but Spell Resistance applies.

Swing 1, Flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Swing 2, Flanking: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Sovereign Court

It was Kn. Arcana DC 21, so Morvena gets one piece of information. Special attacks?
Will Save vs Slow, Thrune: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Will Save vs Slow, Zailosorn (wyvern): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Will Save vs Slow, Soldier Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Will Save vs Slow, Soldier Black: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Geoffrey isn't close enough to hit the wyvern, so he instead readies his blade, taunting Lucian to come at him.

Morvena pulls out a small bottle containing molasses, and begins an incantation, the molasses like an aerosol thickening the air around the foes, dramatically slowing their movement.

Issil conjures a flanking pal, who swings at the wyvern, but fails to hit it.

Halbred, Banner, Charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 221d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
The pale soldier charges at Victor with rage, his halbred held high, and strikes as hard as he can, but the rogue is as an acrobat he recalls back at Vyre's circus tent, and he leaps over the strike.

Round 1/2
Victor (-38)
Rosebud (Divine Favor)

Lucian Thrune (Mounted, Slowed)
Zailosorn (-11, Slowed)
Blue Soldier (Slowed)
Morvena
Issil + Spiritual Ally
Geoffrey
White Soldier
Black Soldier (Slowed)
Pádraig

Environmental Conditions: Open rooftop

Party Buffs: None (yet!)

Menador Keep - The Battlements

Pádraig, Victor, and Rosebud are up!

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Knowledge (arcana) DC21: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
"Yep, it's a wyvern, all right." Pádraig Henry's mouth goes a little dry facing these odds. "Its resistances and immunities include ____________."

He casts good hope and starts singing to inspire his friends.

Good Hope: Allies gain a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.
Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus on attack and damage rolls, and +2 morale bonus on saves vs charm and fear effects.


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Flying above the fray, Rosebud draws her bowstring and sticks the tip of her tongue out, concentrating on her shot. She releases, sending an arrow hurtling toward the wyvern.
+1 blackwood longbow, divine favor, good hope, Coordinated Shot, PBS, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 401d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Yes, Special Attacks is fine, please!


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Guard Victor grunts as the commander slices out half his liver "Sword still sharper than yer whit, I'll give ya that." Seeing how the man is higher up than he can reach, Victor gives a flurry of stabs at the white guard that just tried to chop his head off, then takes a step towards Issil.

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 211d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 121d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14

"Any lovin' for your favorite bud?" He asks his scarlet tanager.
Bluff: Secret Message: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30

I'm dyin' here, fix my liver!

Sovereign Court

Ride: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Rosebud's arrow is laser-guided, and impales the Wyvern in its side, even as Thrune tries to pull it away.

Both Morvena and Pádraig recall fighting wyverns... just the other day, actually! They have the rake Special Attack, allowing them to deal additional damage upon grappling a foe. They don't resist anything in particular, but are immune to both sleep and paralysis.

Victor stabs the guard who had charged at him, then moves towards Issil, desperate for some healing.

Zailosorn provokes from the Spiritual Ally

"Wise of you to slow my steed's movements, witch," Thrune taunts Morvena. "But hiding behind a wall and letting your allies do the fighting is something a... why, it's something a cowardly Menador Soldier would do. Pathetic." A smug grin on his face, Thrune directs his wyvern over to Morvena, then unleashes a devastating attack.

+1 flaming greatsword, Imp. Vital Strike, Ride-By Attack, Slow: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 15 - 1 = 186d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 1, 6, 3) + 5 + (1) = 32

If nothing else, at least the wyvern is now too slow to fly back up and away from the party, and Geoffrey finds it within melee reach just above Morvena's head...

Round 2
Victor (-38)
Rosebud (Divine Favor)
Lucian Thrune (Mounted, Slowed)
Zailosorn (-18, Slowed)
Blue Soldier (Slowed)
Morvena (-32)
Issil + Spiritual Ally
Geoffrey

White Soldier (-14)
Black Soldier (Slowed)
Pádraig

Environmental Conditions: Open rooftop

Party Buffs: Good Hope, Inspire Courage +2/+2

Menador Keep - The Battlements

Morvena, Issil, and Geoffrey are up!


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey's face contorts in fear briefly before being replaced by a mask of fury. Not even bothering with words he simply proceeds to hack savagely at the brutal warrior.

5' step, activate Boots of Speed as free action (charges 8/10).
Attack Zailodorn, Power Attack. AC currently 25
Greatsword, haste, IC, GH, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 21; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 23
Greatsword, haste, IC, GH, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 18; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (6, 5) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 29
Hasted Greatsword, haste, IC, GH, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 18; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 22

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Argh!"

Morvena is left looking much like Victor after Lucian's attack, if not worse, but rather than fear she simply offers her attacker(s) a pained smile.

"Coward? I like to think of it as playing to my strengths," she retorts before spinning on her heel and vanishing, only to reappear several paces away behind the pair. She glances at the nearby soldiers; they're a risk as well but there were only so many places to go and she can't work the battlefield if she can't see it.

Let's hope the others can keep them busy!

She then, finally, begins casting and grants Victor and the rest of her allies the alacrity of their dreams.
______________

Morv spends an arcane reservoir point to Dimensional Slide to her current map location (doesn't provoke) and then casts Haste~


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

The wyvern moves away from The Carnelian Signet's Spiritual Ally, provoking its ire.

AoO, Good Hope, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 13

With a Swift Action, the Carnelian Signet directs her ally to give chase to the wyvern. The sooner they ground the pretty boy the sooner this ends.

Swing 1, Good Hope, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 15

Meanwhile, she focuses her attention to Victor, trying to Cure his Critical Wounds.

4d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 5, 6, 3) + 8 = 29

"Never a dull moment from a Thrune."

Sovereign Court

Geoffrey's blood boils as Thrune tears into Morvena. He channels that rage into his blade, and holds it aloft, running it along the soft fleshy underbelly of the wyvern. A shower of entrails rain down on the stone-faced bodyguard as the dragon flops to the ground in a heap, Thrune standing atop its corpse.

"Hmph. Fine. A worthy opponent," he taunts Geoffrey, twirling his two-handed blade in one hand.

Issil, I've moved your Spiritual Ally beside Thrune, and into a flanking position since the wyvern's down.

Issil directs her ally opposite Thrune, walloping him alongside the head to draw his first blood.

Halbred: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
The soldiers advance on the party, one of them missing a strike at Victor, and the other slooooowly approaching Morvena.

Round 2/3
Victor (-9)
Rosebud (Divine Favor)

Lucian Thrune (-15, Slowed)
Zailosorn
Blue Soldier (Slowed)
Morvena (-32)
Issil + Spiritual Ally
Geoffrey
White Soldier (-14)
Black Soldier (Slowed)
Pádraig

Environmental Conditions: Open rooftop

Party Buffs: Good Hope, Inspire Courage +2/+2, Haste

Menador Keep - The Battlements

Pádraig, Victor, and Rosebud are up!

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Continuing his inspiring song, Pádraig Henry thrusts his rapier at Lucian Thrune. *Stab! Stab! Stab!*
Mithral rapier +1, good hope, haste, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 311d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Mithral rapier +1, good hope, haste, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 251d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Mithral rapier +1, good hope, haste, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Rosebud shifts her aim to Lucian Thrune, sending two arrows at the man, her second shot a bullseye.
+1 blackwood longbow, divine favor, good hope, haste, Coordinated Shot, PBS, Inspire Courage, in melee; Damage: 1d20 + 22 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 22 - 4 = 221d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
+1 blackwood longbow, divine favor, good hope, haste, Coordinated Shot, PBS, Inspire Courage, in melee; Damage: 1d20 + 22 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 22 - 4 = 381d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Crit!? Additional Damage, if confirmed: 1d20 + 22 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 22 - 4 = 292d4 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3) + 10 = 16


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Thanks chum!" Smiles guard Victor as the lovely Issil heals most of his wounds with a single touch. Then to top it off his favorite speed dealer drops another fresh batch on his doorstep.

"Wooooah! TIMETOGETWICKED!" His speech speeding up and his hands getting jumpy. A step to the south and he's in reach of the black dressed guard giving his dealer trouble.

"Hey now, best you shove your show somewhere's else!"

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 311d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 13

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 251d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 13

Haste: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 251d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 12

Sovereign Court

Victor makes quick work of the soldier in the black uniform with three stabs in succession.

Pádraig and Rosebud double-team Thrune, and he finds himself harried by a pelt of arrows, one of them plunging especially deep into a break in his armor.

"A halfling dares fight me! And face to face, no less. Or should I say... face to knee?" Mocking Pádraig's stature, Thrune throws his arm down at Pádraig, as if challenging him to a duel, then lunges forth with his flaming blade...

+1 flaming greatsword, Imp. Vital Stroke, Lion's Challenge, Slowed: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 1 = 206d6 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1) + 15 + (5) = 31
Halbred vs Victor, Slow: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 = 221d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Fortune smiles upon the bard, as Thrune nearly trips over Pádraig's foot with a clumsy mistrike. Victor watches another guard come at him in slow motion, and side steps the polearm.

Round 3
Victor (-9)
Rosebud (Divine Favor)
Lucian Thrune (-59, Slowed)
Blue Soldier (Slowed)
Morvena (-32)
Issil + Spiritual Ally
Geoffrey

White Soldier (-14)
Pádraig

Environmental Conditions: Open rooftop

Party Buffs: Good Hope, Inspire Courage +2/+2, Haste

Menador Keep - The Battlements

Morvena, Geoffrey, and Issil are up!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey smirks at the Lord Thrune, "Maybe if you would pull your head out of Abrogail's a** your aim would improve!" as he steps in and proceeds to swing hard at the self-styled Lord.

5' step, Attack Lucian Thrune, AC currently 25.
Greatsword, haste, IC, GH: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 34; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 16
Greatsword, haste, IC, GH: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 30; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 19
Hasted Greatsword, haste, IC, GH: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 23; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 15

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Swing 1, Good Hope, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 13

Swing 2, Good Hope, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 13

The Spiritual Ally swings its blade in Thrune's general direction as The Carnelian Signet weighs her options.

"Burning them to a crisp... healing Morvena... burning... helping... gah, I can't decide."

She walks up to Morvena and Seriously slaps her in the butt.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 4, 7) + 8 = 26

"Careful out there. Let's finish these appetizers off so we can work on the main course." She looks at the well-groomed Thrune and licks her lips.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Gyah!" Morvena exclaims, jumping a little as Issil gives her a healing slap on the butt. The cheeks on her face grow pink and she shoots her fellow Silver Raven a look that's a mixture of grateful and embarrassed.

"Thank you, but next time please warn me before you do that!"

She takes a step back and glances over to where Padraig and Geoffrey are tangling with Lucian. "Such a hatred for halflings! Did a halfling lie with your mother, perhaps?"

She's not really worried though, now that the keep's commander has been grounded. Morvena turns her attention back to the two soldiers tangling with Victor, snapping her fingers to conjure a burst of light directly in their eyes.

Burst of Radiance: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 3, 4) = 13
If Blinded, Blinded For...: 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds
If Dazzled, Dazzled For...: 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds
______________

Morv takes a 5 ft. step to her new position and casts Burst of Radiance; DC 17 Reflex~

Sovereign Court

Geoffrey matches his quip with a brutal onslaught of slashes into the armored Commander's flesh. Thrune holds the side of the battlements for support, staring down at the steep cliffs, breathing deeply to steady himself.

Soldier White, Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Soldier Blue, Reflex, Slow: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 1 = 10
Morvena creatures a miniature sun in front of the soldiers, its rays blinding one of the guards and dazzling the other.

Halbred vs Victor, Dazzled: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Round 3/4
Victor (-9)
Rosebud (Divine Favor)

Lucian Thrune (-135, Slowed)
Blue Soldier (-13, Slowed, Blind)
Morvena (-6)
Issil + Spiritual Ally
Geoffrey
White Soldier (-27, Dazzled)
Pádraig

Environmental Conditions: Open rooftop

Party Buffs: Good Hope, Inspire Courage +2/+2, Haste

Menador Keep - The Battlements

Pádraig, Rosebud, and Victor are up!


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Guard Victor's eyes light up as the blue guard's eyes go dark "They don't pay you guys enough. Sorry." He slides his dagger into the man's neck until he falls over dying. Then moves on to the one who's hacking at him like a drunk shopkeeper.

vs Blind: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 271d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 + (2, 3, 1, 2) = 20

vs Blind: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 121d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 + (5, 1, 1, 1) = 20

vs Blind: Haste: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 351d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 + (4, 5, 2, 5) = 27

Crit? vs Blind: Haste: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 181d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14

AC28 for the round. If sneak attacks hit then reduce his AC by 2, 4 vs Victor. Also, if any attacks are vs white then ignore the blind and 4d6 damage. Also 5' stepped back in anticipation of blue dying.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Death to tyranny!" Continuing his inspiring song, Pádraig Henry thrusts his rapier at Lucian Thrune, flanking the man with the spiritual ally. *Stab! Stab! Stab!*
Mithral rapier +1, good hope, haste, Inspire Courage, Flank; Damage: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 = 231d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Mithral rapier +1, good hope, haste, Inspire Courage, Flank; Damage: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 = 171d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Mithral rapier +1, good hope, haste, Inspire Courage, Flank; Damage: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 261d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Rosebud looses two more arrows at Lucian Thrune, burying both shafts into the man. "Take that, bad man!"
+1 blackwood longbow, divine favor, good hope, haste, Coordinated Shot, PBS, Inspire Courage, in melee; Damage: 1d20 + 22 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 22 - 4 = 351d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
+1 blackwood longbow, divine favor, good hope, haste, Coordinated Shot, PBS, Inspire Courage, in melee; Damage: 1d20 + 22 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 22 - 4 = 341d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Victor takes down the last of the two soldiers, both levels of the Keep now truly gory scenes. But that doesn't stop Lucian Thrune, or does it?

Shouting an inspiring cry, Pádraig Henry quickly flips his rapier to slice and dice Thrune, and Rosebud fatally wounds the Commander with two more well-placed arrows.

Falling to one knee, Thrune spits blood at Pádraig. "Not.. quite.. halfling," he manages between heaves. "My death will not be by the hands of one of your kind."

Thrune stands up tall, and tosses his sword at the ground, the flames lighting up the weariness in his eyes. He places one boot on the ledge of the battlements, the wind tossing his hair back, and climbs up. A smug grin on his face, Lucian Thrune swan dives off the edge of the Keep and plunges down along the steep cliffs of the Menador Mountains hundreds of feet below.

... That is, unless anyone wants to stop him before he does so, since withdrawing is a full-round action that he cannot take, and so he provokes AoOs from Geoff, Padraig, and the Spiritual Ally. Your call!


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Much as Geoff would like to see Lucian splattered on the rocks below, he also knew the man had answers about the Keep that surely only he knew the answers. He swings the flat of his blade and tries to knock the man out.

AoO Greatsword, haste, IC, GH, non-lethal: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 30; Non-lethal damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 19


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Oh, everyone's gotta be a drama llama."

Swing, Good Hope, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 11

The Spiritual Ally takes one last swing.

"Anyway. Death to tyranny indeed. Slavery sucks." She moves up to Padráig and the little fairy to give her a high five.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor watches things unfold, however it ends he'll be satisfied. "Huh. Looks like his party is over."

Sovereign Court

The Spiritual Ally pays no mind to Thrune's desire to decide who gets to end him, and instead punches him in the back of the head just as he's about to dive off the ledge. The proud Commander crashes backwards into Geoffrey, Thrune's head bouncing off the hard ground, silencing him forever.

Out. Of. Combat!

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Just once, I'd like to question someone who might actually have some answers to important questions." Pádraig Henry sighs, looking down at Lucian Thrune's corpse.

"Sheesh." He turns to the summoned spiritual ally, before it returns to its plane of origin. "Did the gods bestow you with a brain or just a weapon, buddy?"

The bard casts detect magic and examines the gear Thrune and his henchmen were carrying.
Taking 10 nets PH a 25 Spellcraft check to identify any of the lesser items.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil turns back to Thrune. "Huh? What did I miss? Oh."

"Sorry Pádraig. This spirit knows how to slice and flank. High five!" She high fives the Spiritual Ally as it fades away.

"I'm not sure he would do anything besides laugh at us, anyway. I'm... not in the mood for torture."

"Well, we found the prisoners. Commander's dead. We need to find that anvil." She raises an eyebrow. "Secret door?"


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey sighs in disappointment that they lost their chance to interrogate the Lord. "Yes Issil we need to find his quarters. If he knew of the Anvil any notes would surely be kept secreted there."


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Don't they make spells and potions and stuff that make the dead talk? Maybe he's only MOSTLY dead." Victor gives him a nudge with his foot, to check just in case.

"I'd totally be up for giving this place a full shake down, before we give it the FULL SHAKE DOWN!" He slaps Padraig on the back at his hilarious joke.

"Could be more prisoners, more useful information..." He waggles his dagger. More fun shit!

Sovereign Court

After some light scolding at its overeager punch, Issil's Spiritual Ally vanishes, and the party has a look around at the many corpses.

Pádraig identifies Lucian Thrune's +1 flaming greatsword, the hilt of which is decorated with the pentagram of Asmodeus.

His hulking armor is a masterwork full plate.

Thrune was decked out in a variety of valuable, mundane, and .. somewhat strange goods:

All DC 20 Appraise checks
Iron and silver bracelet set with small opals depicting devils being eaten by bloated dolls
A long dark cloak set with black peacock feathers
In his pocket, a soft leather scissor case containing scissors depicting a lewdly posed gnome
A small vanity mirror painted with angels
Silver-rimmed reading spectacles in an iron case

Also tucked away into a pocket in his shirt is a key.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Wow, he has some interesting tastes. And some creepy ones." She looks at her reflection in his pocket mirror. "But I can find a buyers... then I'll find some sellers!" She giggles.

"Oh, and a key or something."

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Appraise checks, in GM's listed order:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 re bracelets
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 re scissors and leather case
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"I've got a good idea what the bracelets and the scissors might fetch on the market." Pádraig Henry hands the +1 flaming greatsword to Geoffrey and Lucian Thrune's other eclectic possessions to Issil. "Any idea what the rest of these things are worth?"

The bard moves over to the bodies of Thrune's minions, checking their gear as well. "Hmm... What have we here?"

"Let's explore and clear the rest of the keep, before we check out the stairs past the secret door," Pádraig Henry suggests. "Once we find and activate the Anvil, we might not have another opportunity to do so."


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Oh yeah. Give me a second."

I assume these are mundane items. Add +4 to magical items.
Cloak: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25
Mirror: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11
Spectacles: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25

"No idea what the mirror is worth, but it does catch my good side." She stares at her reflection for a bit longer. "Where to, next?" She fidgets with the Hat of Disguise to subtly improve her looks.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor leans down and unbuckles the dead commander's scabbard and attaches it to his own back, picking up the oversized sword and sheathing it. Then he leans down and gets a good look at the man's face and upgrades his own motley mug to match. When he rises he's got that same smug, shit eating grin. "Hey now, stare too long and I'll hafta charge..."

Then 'Lucian' gets to work looting those good for nothing guards of anything valuable and pocketable. "Maybe if he aimed before he fired he'd have lived... a bit longer anyway." He makes his way over to his prized mount and checks to see that it is indeed dead.

"I'll lead you through the rest of the keep, as my surrendered prisoners. Make sure you're on your best and most obedient behaviors else I'll have my uncle spank you."

My CLW Wand on Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
My CLW Wand on Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
My CLW Wand on Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Mmm, spanking Really getting into character, there..."

Sovereign Court

Pádraig shares with the party that the bracelet set and scissors kit are worth 700 gp and 75 gp, respectively. Issil thinks the dark cloak should fetch 100 gp, and the spectacles 50 gp.

Disguised as the man the party just took down, Victor checks out the guards' bodies for loot. Each had a masterwork halbred, masterwork chainmail, a masterwork heavy crossbow, and three screaming bolts. You also find a total of 120 gp.

I've updated our Loot Tracker

Are you taking the mundane halbreds/chainmail/crossbows here too? I'll mark the screaming bolts down either way, since they're nearly weightless.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey rolls his eyes at 'Lucian's' antics, "Careful now, we have no proof he swung that way," he reminds Victor.

Once 'Lucien' has claimed his prisoners Geoffrey is mindful to keep his weapon sheathed as the group progresses back into the keep.

Geoffrey will not take any of the guards gear.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"We'll have to explain to those other Halflings why we're chummy with their overseer." She looks at the guards. "Take the money and these screaming bolts. Everything else is trash. We have enough trouble carrying the Ogre's loot back."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Those little buggers can sweat it out a bit, maybe it'll keep them from doing something they'll regret.. like running into the woods to be eaten by a wyvern. Or, by the look of them, an over grown weasel." He gives Issil a wink as she takes to the spanking overture.

"Halfling! Carry my armor. Its broken and needs to be cleaned. If you must set it down the be sure to lay a double layer of silk under it." He clicks his boots together and makes his way back out into the hallway to the next room.

5,251 to 5,300 of 5,487 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.