Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


5,051 to 5,100 of 5,487 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>

CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Rosebud enters aerial reconnaissance mode, scouting out the cave with Victor.
Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey draws his blade and takes a station near Morvena as he anxiously awaits the scouts to return.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Rolls:

1d10 ⇒ 3
1d10 ⇒ 9

The cave mouth narrows to a tall path leading deeper into the hillside, and then begins ascending, twisting and turning before it emerges to a plateau in the hillside. Pavanna takes the long way around, getting a bird's eye view of what Victor and the others see while peeking out at the plateau.

At a campsite rest sit six stooped giants, their skin appearing as if rendered in watercolor, then distorted by a careless splash. Their bodies are covered with tribal tattoos, and one, seated on a makeshift throne, wears a large headdress.

The 'king' passes around a seemingly random collection of items, including artwork (which they promptly smash), shiny dish sets, clothing (which they attempt to put on, in futility), portraits of people, and furniture. The ogres grunt at each other, divvying up what must be their loot.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

More of these big baddies... lots of good looking loot there... and we WOULD be doing a service to those that travel the road...

Victor looks to make sure he knows what he's dealing with.
K Local: Are these ogres like earlier?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

A smiles creeps across his face, he digs out a dusty bag from some time ago.

Is there a map?

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Oh, s#!$! Pádraig Henry gulps. Six of them!


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Monster Lore, Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 = 23
Rosebud looks at the ogres. She looks at her tiny bow. Her smile couldn't be wider or brighter.

Milani, thank you for subjecting your servant to a worthy test!

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Several of these creatures look much stronger than those you had encountered on the coast. Rosebud identifies two of them as ogre brutes, higher up the ogre foodchain and way more fierce. Three of the others more closely resemble the ones you had fought earlier. The party isn't quite sure what the one wearing the headdress is, other than the obvious leader of the tribe.

The Plateau


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

After everyone gets together to know what they're facing, Victor smiles, puts on his lucky pirate hat and skulks off for a closer look. "Don't worry, I'm just going to go check out those wagons. Feel free to drop a fireball in the middle of that ogre stink pile if you want!"

And with that he sneaks off to see what he can't steal!
Stealth: Take 10: 10 + 16 = 26
Climb: Take 10: Spider Climb Boots: 10 + 5 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Perception v Stealth, Good Luck Victor:

Regular Ogres: 3d20 ⇒ (13, 15, 3) = 31 +5
Brutes: 2d20 ⇒ (17, 16) = 33 +13
Leader: 1d20 ⇒ 17 +17

Donning his pirate hat, Victor carefully makes his way into the camp, the ogres busy obsessing over their loot. He's able to climb up onto a wagon, and it's then that he notices... coins. Lots of them. Tons of them! There are easily 10,000 gold pieces in the wagon, mixed in with copper, silver, and platinum. A wooden bin next to it contains piles of random objects, furniture and keepsakes that look as though they've come from raids, or maybe these ogres just finished their Ikea shopping.

Just as Victor notices the loot, three of the ogres stop their loot appraising, and look in his direction.

"Heyrirðu eitthvað? Ég heyri eitthvað. Eitthvað sem hreyfist nálægt glansandi myntum!!"

Giant:

You hear something? Me hear something. Something moving near shiny coins.

Three of the ogres stand, and begin making their way around the tents to check out what's going on. If Victor is to remain unnoticed, the Silver Ravens better do something, and fast!

The Plateau

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Hearing the noises that caught the ogres' attention, Pádraig Henry grabs a lump of wax from his spell component pouch and casts ghost sound.

The faint sound of clinking coins can be heard from the pouches the ogres carry on their hide belts. Might fool some of them, and cause doubt among the rest.
(Will DC14 to disbelieve)


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena briefly wonders if she should use any of her own magics to create additional distractions but decides against it - too many at once might prove to be just as suspicious.

Still, she waits anxiously to see what happens, the words of a summoning spell ready to spill from her lips...


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil begins to carefully enter the cave, keeping quiet.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Victor had a great suggestion, maybe she'll get a chance to turn up the heat.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey advances as close as he can to the cave entrance without revealing himself, blade drawn, as he awaits the ogres to react here...whether in glee or pain, it mattered not to him.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Hrm, guess my hat gave me away... best go incognito!

Victor quickly pulls out a vial and drinks it down, watching himself fade away into nothingness. He remains still, seated on top of a barrel in the wagon. Invisibility potion, 3 minutes!

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Rolls:

Will Save, Brute: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Will Save, Brute: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Will Save, Regular: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Will Save, Regular: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Will Save, Regular: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The ogre brutes near the corner, and look over at the wagon... only to find it exactly as it was, with Victor now entirely invisible. Just as an ogre turns to make his way towards the cave opening, two brutes start shouting at each other, pawing wildly at the cling-clang of coins in their pouches.

"Mynt? Mynt! Stalstu mynt?"

The leader marches right up to them, his face filled with rage, and tears the brutes' belts away, their grass skirts falling off.

The leader starts digging through the belt pockets, the other ogres nervously watching, perhaps buying the Silver Ravens some time...

The Plateau


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor watches the ogres ignore him, so he looks about the pile of loot in front of him and grabs up what looks like the best piece he can find and carry. Appraise: Who's coming with Daddy?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

With it seeming as though Padraig's distraction and Victor's quick thinking has worked - for the moment at least - Morvena glances at the others.

"Well...how shall we proceed? We cannot simply leave them to prey upon other travelers!"

She thinks.

"I have many means of slowing them down, though I'll need a moment to consult my spellbook. A literal Slow spell, Black Tentacles - though I would have to wait for Victor to be clear first - many options."


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"I like your thinking Morv, but I don't want to get swarmed by all of them. Can you distract them in some way, maybe lure some of them away from the chief here. He should be easy pickings then" Geoffrey whispers in reply.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil comes back to Morvena and Geoffrey as they discuss tactics.

"I could just raise a wall of fire and let them burn to a crisp." She smiles. "Now where's Victor?"

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Screen!:

6d20 ⇒ (20, 19, 6, 2, 9, 1) = 57

Victor uses the distraction to pick out what he thinks should be the most valuable piece in the lot: a big shiny ruby, and then he makes his way off the wagon, and back towards the party.

It looks as if the ogres have calmed somewhat, the leader having not found any actual coins stolen, and the party considers what to do next...

Leave them as-is and be on your way, or risk a dangerous fight and take all of their loot?

The Plateau


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Out of thin air Victor's voices comes in a whisper to the others "What's taking so long? Blast them bastards already! There's way too much treas... er rebellion funds there to ignore!"

Someone opens Issil's hand and drops in a big shiny ruby, just in case she needs any extra motivation.

Victor will obviously stay invis as long as he can.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Okay, you're alive, Vic." she grins. "Time to light 'em up."

Do I have line of sight to cast Wall of Fire as a circle, to burn the ogres and force them out? If not I'll continue to sneak into position.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 This should be fun!

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"I'll start singing and cast good hope as soon as your spell goes off, Issil." Pádraig Henry says, actions readied.

Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus on attack/damage rolls; +2 morale bonus on saves vs fear and charm effects.
Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Rosebud gets a slayer-of-evil's gleam in her sharpshooter's eyes and calls upon Milani's divine favor. "I'll target the old fart on the throne," Rosebud whispers, judging these foes most worthy of destruction. "I'm going to try to get to a flanking position for a coordinated shot."

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

While the ogres get back to loot-appraisal, Issil takes out a piece of phosphor and rubs it between her palms, conjuring forth a searing ring of fire that surrounds the ogres!

"Eldur! Eldur!"

Fire damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
The camp erupts into chaos with the ogres frantically jumping around, patting their very flammable grass and hide clothing to extinguish the flames. They start to scramble away from the fire, and will likely soon notice you standing just at the entrance to their camp...!

Initiative:

Morvena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Padraig: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Geoffrey: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Issil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Victor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Rosebud: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Red Brute: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Green Brute: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Blue Regular: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Ylw Regular: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
White Regular: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Pink King: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Surprise Round
Issil
Geoffrey
Rosebud
Padraig
Morvena
Victor

Party Buffs: None yet

Environment: Various objects in the camp (tents, wagons, etc.) can be used for cover, and can be climbed

Everyone but Issil (since she already took hers) gets a Surprise Round action!

The Plateau - Map


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Any speed Morv?" She knows how much he loves it...Victor will wait around to see if Morvena hastes the group, then at the last possible moment hustles off still invisible to climb up onto a wagon.

If we get haste he has enough movement to climb a wagon, if not then he ends up where he is at present.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoff, seeing the ogres about to react here, quickly downs one of his potions and a faintly glowing aura surrounds him.

"Ready now."

Geoff drinks one of his potions of Shield of Faith, which will boost his AC to 26.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

With only enough time to do one of his planned actions, Pádraig Henry casts good hope.

Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Rosebud's wings buzz like an angry bumble bee, and she takes off, flying 80ft to a position southwest of the ogres.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil hops up and down, giggling to herself. "Hehe, fire, fire." Between the huge ruby Victor handed her and the roaring flames, Issil is beside herself.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Ah, yes, Haste seems prudent right about now," Morvena agrees as she utters a few words and snaps her fingers, speeding up the group's actions.

Spells & Powers:

4th - Stoneskin
3rd - Dispel Magic, Haste
2nd - Burst of Radiance, Create Pit, False Life + Pearl of Power
1st - Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Shield, Summon Monster I + Pearl of Power


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:
Morvena Sarini wrote:
"Ah, yes, Haste seems prudent right about now," Morvena agrees as she utters a few words and snaps her fingers, speeding up the group's actions.

Oh that's my girl, wooo MOAR SPEED! Victor climbs up the wagon like a rat in a cocaine lab!

Adjusted Victor's position based on the speed boost.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

I re-read Wall of Fire, and realize the damage should instead be 2d6+Issil's caster level.
Earlier Fire Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 = 15

The rest of the party uses the element of surprise to further prepare themselves, while Issil's flames continue to rage around the ogres, painfully licking and burning at their flesh!

Round 1
Rosebud
Pádraig

Pink (-15)
Red (-15)
White (-15)
Green (-15)
Blue (-15)
Victor
Geoffrey (SoF)
Issil
Morvena
Yellow (-15)

Party Buffs: Haste, Good Hope

Environment: Various objects in the camp (tents, wagons, etc.) can be used for cover, and can be climbed

Pádraig and Rosebud are up!

The Plateau - Map


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Thirty feet away from her target, Rosebud looses two arrows at the pink ogre sitting on the throne.

*Thwap. Thwap*
+1 blackwood longbow, good hope, haste, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, PBS, Judgment of Sacred Destruction, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 341d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
+1 blackwood longbow, good hope, haste, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, PBS, Judgment of Sacred Destruction, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 321d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Placed Rosebud on the map.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Just before Rosebud fires her bow, Pádraig Henry inspires the team with an ode to their previous victory over a ogre.

Then the bard steps forward a few feet and casts glitterdust, dropping the sparkly particles over the pink, white, and yellow ogres.
(Will DC16 or blinded)

Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus to attack/damage rolls and +2 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Will Save, Pink K: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Will Save, White R: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Will Save, Yellow R: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Rosebud looses two arrows at the mightiest-looking of the ogres, both of them bouncing off his skin as if it were made of adamantine. The glitterdust proves effective against one of the ogres, who swings wildly at the air as his vision fades.

Wall of Fire damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 = 15
The ogres spread out across the camp, mud showering their tents and wagons as they stomp through away from the flames. One looks around... and sees the cave entrance... and then notices the four random people just standing at the cave entrance, growling in rage as it stomps towards them.

Another hurls a javelin up at Rosebud, but she easily dances around it.
Javelin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Round 1
Rosebud
Pádraig
Pink (-30)
Red (-30)
White (-30)
Green (-30)
Blue (-30)
Victor
Geoffrey (SoF)
Issil
Morvena

Yellow (-15, Blind)

Party Buffs: Haste, Good Hope, Inspire Courage

Environment: Various objects in the camp (tents, wagons, etc.) can be used for cover, and can be climbed

Victor, Geoffrey, Issil, and Morvena are up!

The Plateau - Map


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Invisible Victor cocks an eyebrow as he sees the yellow ogre flailing around with too much stripper glitter in its eyes. He concentrates and charges up a bit of static electricity in his hand, hops down and grabs the fella's right nut. Holy, its the size of a damned coconut!

Shocking Grasp, Metal, Inspire, Hope, Invis/CL Check/Damage: 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 311d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 125d6 + 4d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 3, 3) + (5, 6, 2, 1) + 2 + 2 = 31

I'm hoping the tent and flames keep Victor hidden from LOS. Not sure how that works rules-wise though.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey quickly moves to intercept the lead ogre before it can wreak havoc on the less combat capable members here.

Move to engage Red. Power Attack and Fight Defensively here (AC raises to 30) but he will provoke an AoO.
Greatsword, IC, GH, haste, defense, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 3 = 28
damage, IC, GH, PA: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 26


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil laughts, draws her poisonous dagger and casts Spiritual Ally. Another fine looking woman made of pure force pulls her rapier and lunges into the orc in front of Geoff.

Spiritual Ally: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Force Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

She tumbles into melee position against the first ogre, preparing a flank.

Acrobatics vs CMD, Good Hope: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 = 24


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Wait, I-" Morvena starts to call out, but Geoffrey and Issil both close on the ogres before she has a chance to do anything.

Well, there goes *that* idea!

So instead, she takes a different approach and tries conjuring a bright burst of light to catch Red and Blue!

Burst of Radiance (Damage): 5d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 2, 4) = 16
If Failed Save, Blinded For...: 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds
If Succeeded Save, Dazzled For...: 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds
______________

Morv casts Burst of Radiance to catch Red & Blue; DC 17 Reflex to be dazzled instead of blinded.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Wall of Fire damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
AoO to Geoffrey: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Red, Save vs Burst of Radiance: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Blue, Save vs Burst of Radiance: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Victor gets a little too close to the flames and feels the heat bite at his flesh. Within 10 feet and you'll take 2d4

Afterwards, he grabs the ogre's unmentionables, delivering a fatal shock to the big brute!

Geoffrey ducks under the massive greataxe coming for his head, then slips underneath the towering ogre and drives his blade through its tree trunk of a shin. Issil's spiritual pal whacks the same ogre with force damage.

Morvena lights up the camp with a bright burst of light, and when it fades, one of the two ogres lies unconscious, and the other shouts what could only be obscenities as its vision fades away.

Round 2
Rosebud
Pádraig

Pink (-30)
White (-30)
Green (-30)
Red (-66, blind)
Victor (-4)
Geoffrey (SoF)
Issil
Morvena

Party Buffs: Haste, Good Hope, Inspire Courage

Environment: Various objects in the camp (tents, wagons, etc.) can be used for cover, and can be climbed

Rosebud and Pádraig are up!

The Plateau - Map


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Rosebud flies toward the team and takes up a flanking firing position 25' in the air opposite Issil.

*Thwap.* She looses an arrow at the red ogre.

+1 blackwood longbow, good hope, haste, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, PBS, Judgment of Sacred Destruction, Inspire Courage, Coordinated Shot; Damage: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 321d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Keeping his friends inspired, Pádraig Henry advances toward the red ogre, thrusting his rapier at the blinded monster.
+1 mithral rapier, heroism, good hope, haste, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 181d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

The blind ogre has no hope in defending itself, and snorts in pain as Rosebud and Pádraig add to its injuries.

Skulls dangling from his waist, the leader holds his falchion aloft, a deep, shadowy aura emanating from his body.

Spellcraft DC 26:
The ogre is casting Mass Bull's Strength

He steps forward and lays a hand on one his companions, the aura leaping between the rest of the tribe, their muscles tripling in size. The strengthened ogres then turn north, forming a protective bulky wall around their leader.

The blind one tries to swing at whoever might be in its path..
Concealment? <50 is bad for me: 1d100 ⇒ 47
.. And fails to hit!

Round 2/3
Rosebud
Pádraig

Pink (-30)
White (-30)
Green (-30)
Red (-83, blind)
Victor (-4)
Geoffrey (SoF)
Issil
Morvena

Party Buffs: Haste, Good Hope, Inspire Courage

Environment: Various objects in the camp (tents, wagons, etc.) can be used for cover, and can be climbed

Everyone is up!

The Plateau - Map


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey presses his attack knowing this ogre must die quickly...

Full attack w/Power Attack vs Red. AC is 27.
Greatsword, IC, GH, haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 18
damage, IC, GH, PA: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (3, 3) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 24
Greatsword, IC, GH, haste, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 13
damage, IC, GH, PA: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 25
Hasted Greatsword, IC, GH, haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 22
damage, IC, GH, PA: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 20

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Spellcraft DC26: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
"Uh-oh. Their leader just cast mass bull's strength on all of them!" Pádraig Henry warns his friends, wondering what he can do to help.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil's Spiritual Ally continues to flank with Issil and Pádraig.

Spiritual Ally: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
Force Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

As it whiffs, Issil giggles and points in the direction of the Ogre leader. "Yeah, bunch up. Let's see where it gets ya."

Concentration for Fireball, DC 21: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 4 = 25

Another Fireball streaks out under the ogre's legs, flying out to the apparent leader and his shiny falchion.

Fire Damage, Reflex Save DC 17 for half: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 1, 6, 2, 1, 2) = 28


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Ah yes, fireball formation is a lovely thing to behold, isn't it?" Morvena smiles as Issil unleashes another blast of fire on the bunched-up ogres. Trusting that Geoffrey and the others have Red under control she takes a few steps to forward and to the right before casting and unleashing another burst of light right in the middle of the group of ogres.

Burst of Radiance: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 3, 2) = 12
If Blinded, Blinded For...: 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds
If Dazzled, Dazzled For...: 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds
______________

Morvena casts Burst of Radiance again, throwing it in the middle of the group at the rear. DC 17 Reflex to be dazzled instead of blinded~


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Rosebud nods, approving of the ladies' explosions of hellfire and damnation turning the ogres into pillars of salt.

She narrows her eyes, wondering what Victor will do next, and choosing another target to cull the evil herd.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor watches the fireworks, wondering if by any chance there are any more juicy targets that go blind nearby...

Any way to delay to see the effects of those spells GM?

5,051 to 5,100 of 5,487 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.