Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


5,301 to 5,350 of 5,487 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor
'Lucian' wrote:
"Make sure you're on your best and most obedient behaviors else I'll have my uncle spank you."
Issil wrote:
"Mmm, spanking Really getting into character, there..."

"Oh my god," Morvena groans, rolling her eyes heavenward. "Do not tell me this is what the rest of us will have to listen to all the way back to the city. I'd almost rather take my chances with those tentacle creatures that were downstairs, if we'd not already slain them..."

She continues grumbling in much the same sort of fashion as she moves to follow 'Lucian' and the others back out into the hallway.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.

'Lucian' takes point as through another hallway and towards another door. Pushing it open with the confidence a Commander should have, he sees that the walls of the room are decorated with strips of leather marked with curious designs, images, and pictures, all stretched by taut cords of sinew inside wooden frames. The middle of the room contains a bloodstained table, the top of which is strewn with a dizzying array of surgical implements.

Rolls:

Vic's Disguise: 1d20 + 25 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 25 - 2 = 31
Elulae, Associate: 1d20 + 16 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 6 = 41

Perched on the bloodstained table is what looks like an albino angel-slim and androgynous, with pale skin, snow-white wings, pink eyes, and a serene expression on her face.

'Lucian' hears a soft yet sharp voice in his head. "That outfit wouldn't fool a child," she stares on at him and through his disguise. "Where's Thrune? Or did he send you as my next victim in disguise as a test? How unlike him." It's then that 'Lucian' realizes the strips of leather lining the walls mostly have tattoos... skin from previous victims, perhaps?

The 'angel' picks up her bow and aims it at 'Lucian', starting the fight.

Initiative:

Morvena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Padraig: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Geoffrey: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Issil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Victor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Rosebud: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Elutae: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Round 1
Rosebud
Pádraig
Victor
Elutae
Geoffrey
Issil
Morvena

Menador Keep - Torture Chamber

__
Battle buffs (Haste, GH, Spiritual Ally) have worn off. Longer buffs like Mage Armor are still around. Most of you are outside the room and haven't seen the creature yet, but once you do, Knowledge (Planes) DC 23 will get you some lore. Sorry Vic, this one saw right through the disguise too.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

K Planes DC23: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

The Supreme High Commander (SHC) focuses his gaze on the the torturer, the power of his voice doesn't waver "Another who refuses to bend the knee to authority! Mustachio Warrior, deal with it promptly!" And with that SHC slings a gob of acid then steps around the corner of the door frame, drawing out his dagger.

Acid Splash, RT vs FF?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 271d3 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + (1, 5, 4, 3) = 15

If that hits and is a sneak attack please reduce its chance to hit by 2, 4 vs SHC


Robot, or SHARK?!?!?!?

Rosebud passes by the room, getting a glimpse at the winged creature.

Kn. Planes DC 23: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"No idea what she is, besides evil." She readies her bow, just in case.

Pádraig begins singing an inspiring tune of the defeat of the Keep's Commander, staying out of reach for now.

Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus to attack/damage rolls and +2 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Sovereign Court

Victor vs SR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
The Commander throws acid at the creature before making a quick retreat unfit for someone running a keep. Or maybe it's just strategy! Anyway, the creature yawns as the acid drips off its wings with no effect.

Then it comes flying out of the room, triggering a few attacks...
The SHC can dish out an AoO here
Rosebud's Readied Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 241d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Feathers falling from her wings, the "angel" flies overhead the party, and turns to face Issil and Pádraig. "There are so many of you so willing to... decorate my room. I will offer a skip-the-line pass to anyone who has at least one tattoo, and promise to keep you alive during the... procedure. Any takers?"

Round 2
Rosebud
Pádraig
Victor

Elulae (flying @10ft)
Geoffrey
Issil
Morvena

Party Buffs: Inspire Courage +2/+2

Everyone is up!

Menador Keep - Torture Chamber


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey rolls his eyes at the 'offer'. "I think I speak for all of us when I say...to the Hells with your offer!" He then steps forward in front of Issil and Padraig, ready to fend off their attacks.

Move to map position, Ready attack here.
Greatsword, IC: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 + 2 = 14

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil remembers everyone lecturing her about restraint. But the room and the woman's words cause her to reconsider. "So, we're not going to interrogate her, right?"

She unleashes a pair of Admonishing Rays at the woman.
SR Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23
Non Lethal Damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 2) + 2 = 13

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27
Non Lethal Damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 5) + 2 = 15


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kn. Planes (DC 23): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32 If related to devils add +1
Special Attacks and if the +1 to the roll applies, Special Abilities, please.

Not quite as worried - yet - about a single foe as compared to the multiple foes earlier, Morvena takes a different approach to things. She scoots around behind Issil and steps up near Geoffrey, reaching out to cast Stoneskin.

"I really should have done this much earlier..." she laments.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Acid Splash ignores SR. Victor had foresight!

The commander slashes at the flier as it heads out the door and up overhead. "Resistance is FUTILE!" He grunts, reaching up and slashing. "Guards, get her... IT!"

AOO: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 291d4 + 6 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + (5, 3) + 2 = 19

I added in the bane damage at the end, if it doesn't apply just ignore that extra 10 damage and 2 to hit.

Seeing yet another flying foe, SHC draws out a bottle of feathers and chokes them down, ready for a dogfight. Potion of FLY! for his round 2 actions.

Sovereign Court

Retcon
Turns out the acid splash hits after all, though to limited effectiveness, and the Commander is left with a dozen half-melted feathers at his feet.
---

Morvena recognizes the erinyes devil, usually darkly beautiful angels augmenting their sensuality with deliberate bruises and scars. This one is a little larger than those she had heard of in the past. It doesn't have any particular Special Attacks of note, but does have the Entangle special ability.

Entangle (Su):
Each erinyes carries a 50-foot-long rope that entangles opponents of any size as an animate rope spell (CL 16th, DC 20). An erinyes can hurl its rope 30 feet with no range penalty. An erinyes’s rope functions only for the erinyes who made it and no other. The save DC is Dexterity-based.

Victor takes another slice out of the devil as she rushes by, and Issil conjures up a set of purple rays that shove the creature around.

Round 2
Rosebud
Pádraig

Victor (Flying)
Elulae (-24, 18 NL, flying @10ft)
Geoffrey
Issil
Morvena (possible retcon?)

Party Buffs: Inspire Courage +2/+2

Morv, Padraig, and Rosebud are up!

Menador Keep - Torture Chamber

___
Re: Stoneskin, because I myself often forget about components for more 'expensive' spells, I'm fine with assuming Morv had the components on hand. I think she'll still have to pay for the components as if she had bought them. Let me know if Morv wants to do that or she can also retcon.


Robot, or SHARK?!?!?!?

Since we're mid-combat, let's continue this fight with the party as-is.

Pádraig casts Good Hope, bolstering the party's luck, then takes out his shortbow.

Blackwood Longbow: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Rosebud looses an arrow up at the erinyes devil, watching it sail over the walls and into the courtyard below.

Sovereign Court

Morvena pulls out some shimmering, expensive-looking dust, and throws it on Geoffrey. The mustached warrior's skin takes on a thick, rock-like texture.

The devil aims down with her bow, a serene look on her face. "I was hoping we could work out a more... convenient arrangement, but here we are."

She sighs, and flaps her wings, adding additional distance between the party, then turns and hovers in place. From the ground underneath Issil, a cold, cloying miasma of greasy darkness erupts.

Spellcraft DC 18:
She's casting Unholy Blight! (as an SLA)

Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (4, 2, 8, 7, 1) = 22
Issil, Morvena, and Geoffrey need a DC 21 Will Save for half. If you are Neutral, you only take half, and can make that save to take one quarter instead.

Round 3
Rosebud
Pádraig
Victor (Flying)

Elulae (-24, 18 NL, flying @10ft)
Geoffrey (Stoneskin)
Issil
Morvena

Party Buffs: Inspire Courage +2/+2, Good Hope

Everyone is up!

Menador Keep - Torture Chamber


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Will Save, Good Hope, Neutral: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21

"Yuck." Issil feels the goo reach into her mind. It doesn't find the moral heart of gold it was going for, so it claws at her neutral copper spirit instead. Good thing Pádraig was there to help.

Issil took one quarter damage, so that's 5 damage.

"So, let's start with Spiritual Weapon."

SR Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
A shiny longsword appears and swings at this dark angel.

Slash: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Get flayed alive or kill a crazy lady. Well, you drive a hard bargain, but..." Issil shrugs.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Spellcraft (DC 18): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Will (DC 21; Good Hope): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24

Morvena flinches slightly as the blight washes over her but she finds that she's able to largely weather it without much trouble.

Morv is LN so she takes 5 damage~

She falls back a bit, hoping to put some distance between herself and the others so as to make a less tempting target for magical shenanigans. Then she considers her options and shrugs before conjuring a burst of light right in the creature's face.

SR Check (If Applicable): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Burst of Radiance: 5d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 3, 4) = 10
If Blinded, Blinded For...: 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds
If Dazzled, Dazzled For...: 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds
______________

Morv moves to her current position and casts Burst of Radiance; DC 17 Reflex~


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Will save DC 21, GH: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17

Geoffrey grits his teeth in pain as he moves up to engage the devil readying to slash at her should she get close enough.

Move to map position, Ready attack here.
Greatsword, IC, GH: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 28; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 17


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

SHC clicks his boot heels together as he launches himself up and into the wind "Onward Zailosorn, it is time we punish this devilish rebel bird for not obeying a direct order!" And for not giving me the proper spanking I requested last night!

Flying on his imaginary steed, SHC (formerly known as Victor) shoots down the hallway after his prey, turns the corner and flies in for a solid knifing! "Don't try to avoid it, you know you love this sort of game!"

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 221d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 + (5, 1) + 2 = 21

If she's blind then +2 to hit and this sneak attack damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 4) = 18

27AC for the round. If a sneak attack then -2 for her to hit, -4 vs me.


Robot, or SHARK?!?!?!?

Padraig and Rosebud fire a volley of arrows up at the erinyes devil.

Composite Bow, IC, GH: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 141d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
Composite Bow, IC, GH: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 281d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5
Crit?: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 251d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7

Blackwood Longbow, IC, GH: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 2 = 301d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Sovereign Court

Reflex Save vs BoR: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
The erinyes devil emits an ear-piercing shriek as she's enveloped in bright burning light.

Issil brings forth a force weapon, which the devil dances around. As her eyes follow the sword, PadraigBot and his companion fire a pair of arrows through her wings.

Fake 'Lucian' charges into battle on an imaginary wyvern, yet the devil is ever evasive, and dodges his attack!

"Lucian's doppelganger is much more fun. The real Lucian just brings me playthings, but he never lets me have any fun with his own skin. It's too bad, I know he has Asmodean tattoos under that big bulky armor," she smiles, backing away from the SHC so she can cast a spell!

Spellcraft DC 18:
Now she's casting fear as an SLA!

Vic needs a DC 21 Will Save or he will become panicked. Succeed and he's only Shaken for 1 round.
I think in this case, Padraig would use his Saving Finale.

Round 4
Rosebud
Pádraig
Victor (Flying)

Elulae (Dazzled, -48, 18 NL, flying @10ft)
Geoffrey (-22, Stoneskin)
Issil (-5)
Morvena (-5)

Party Buffs: Inspire Courage +2/+2, Good Hope

Everyone is up!

Menador Keep - Torture Chamber


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Will Save, Good Hope vs DC21 Fear: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27

"You better believe I've got some KILLER tattoos. Don't try to fool them, we all know you've seen them." He winks and somehow pulls off resisting that spell.

He floats up a bit closer and flashes his killer smile, and blade twice.
Can't fail the DC10 fly check.

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Bane: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 321d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 + (2, 3) + 2 = 21

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Bane: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 281d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 + (6, 5) + 2 = 26

Skipping the expertise this round.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Slash: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Slash: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The Spiritual Weapon flails uselessly while Issil plans her next move.

"Yeah, Lucian and tattoos. I do wonder where he blesses his tattoo." She laughs and tries to heal Geoffrey.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 7) + 8 = 21

"We gotta get a better solution when the target is flying. Can't let Lucian handle all the fun."


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"I don't see why not...He needs to have SOME fun!" Geoffrey replies as he continues to guard the others.

Ready attack here.
Greatsword, IC, GH: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 20; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 12

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"You could always study magic," Morvena offers as she again considers her options and decides to try something more direct, conjuring multiple darts of energy...

SR Check (If Applicable): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

...that streak forward and strike the devil square in the chest!

Magic Missile: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 3) + 4 = 15


Robot, or SHARK?!?!?!?

PEW PEW - Padraig and Rosebud continue firing shot after shot at the devil.

Composite Bow, IC, GH: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 281d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6
Composite Bow, IC, GH: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 161d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7

Blackwood Longbow, IC, GH: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 2 = 331d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Sovereign Court

Fake Lucian is apparently even more fearless than real Lucian, and he shrugs off most of the spell, though it has him a feeling a little Shaken. His first strike cuts deep, his second is a whiff.

Morvena's an experienced enough wizard that she easily finds a break in the erinyes' devil's magical defenses, and sends four force missiles screaming into the creature's chest.

"I think our time together has come to an end, for now..." the devil lowers her bow. "Rest assured I'll be seeing you soon, Lucian."

Spellcraft DC 22:
Greater Teleport

She draws the shape of a pentagram in the air and just as she snaps her fingers, she's gone in a puff of red smoke.

Out of combat

Menador Keep


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

"Yeah, you better run!" Issil's hands are on her hips as she cocks her head back and forth.

"Anyone hurt, seriously?" She takes a look. "Good thinking, V- er, Lucian. Where do we go from here? Time to see the next room?"


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"Yeah, let's hurry up Issil," Geoffrey glances about uneasily, "No telling when that she-devil will pop back here!"


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Easy come, easy go I always say." Says Lucian as he zooms back down to the ground amongst the group, reining in his imaginary wyvern mount as he lands.

"I feel right as rain myself, but our mustachio'd menace looks slightly grey and a bit injured. Maybe he needs to heal up a bit while I check on my subjects in the next room... my steed only lasts so long, no need to waste his talents waiting!" After a few moments he snaps the reigns and flies off to the next room!


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Spellcraft (DC 22): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

"Hmph. I hate it when our opponents do that," Morvena grumps, crossing her arms. "But yes, let us hurry and finish our errand here before she returns with reinforcements!"

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.

"Excuse me, friends," Padraig uncharacteristically takes on a serious tone. "I think I'd like to take the halflings downstairs, and get them to join us back in Kintargo. That these people saw them as potential food for those stalkers really struck a chord with me. Rosebud and I will see you back at home, with the other Silver Ravens."

Because he's been a big part of our team for the past 3 years, rather than have him exit scene permanently, I intend on making Padraig an NPC that can still serve to assist you back at home. Still working out the specific mechanics, but I could see him as providing a bonus to certain actions the way Rexus and Laria do.

______

After Padraig's departure, Victor continues scouting through the upper floor of Menador Keep. He pushes open a door leading to another short hallway with two doors.

The first door opens to a neat, well organized bedroom. Perhaps Lucian's, by the look of it. The bed has a firm mattress that looks like it hasn’t been slept in for a few days. A trunk sits at the foot of the bed.

The second door is a simple guest room - well made, clean, and organized, yet it does not extend much effort toward the goal of comfort.

In Lucian's room, the trunk contains eight fine noble’s outfits, a crate of eight bottles of magnificent brandy, a bottle of scent in the shape of a naked woman, a superb cup made of silver and gold with platinum studding, and a carved wooden wyvern on a tin stand inscribed “To Luci, with love.”

GM Rolls:

Morv: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Vic: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Geoff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
ISsil: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Geoffrey discovers a secret door in the north wall of this room, beyond which a set of stairs leads up.

Menador Keep - Lucian's Chambers


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Hmm...a reminder that even the wicked have things - and people - that they love. And who love them in return," Morvena remarks, a pensive expression on her face as she examines the carved wyvern.

"But we've little time for philosophizing," she adds as she turns on her magic eyes and begins scanning the room and its contents for any sign of magical auras. "Good find on that door, Geoffrey! I would bet that our destination lies beyond it."
______________

Sounds good to me re: Padraig, GM!


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"Pfffttt! Yeah right Morv," Geoffrey rolls his eyes to the heavens,"The only thing he loved was his own lust for power! As for the door thing Morv," Geoffrey smiles modestly, "That was really not much at all. Heck it felt as if I wasn't even doing...ANYTHING! Still a secret passage in the commander's quarters must lead to where we need to go!"

Glad to see Padraig sticking around...if only in spirit he he.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

My old post has been lost to the ravages of time.

"I was gonna mention that, Pádraig. If we show up with Lucian here, they are gonna have a fit. Those halflings need to be calmed down first."

-

She looks curiously at the many items in Lucian's chamber. "Well, good wine. I wonder where he has been sleeping." She notes the bed. "Maybe that devil really knew where his tattoos were." She chuckles.

"So, which secret door do we want to try? Now we found 2 of them."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Lucian smirks at the question "I lay where I please Red. All the ladies, and a few of the men eagerly jump at the chance for my nightly company!" He picks up the bottle of perfume and gives himself a light misting before walking past Issil and out the door, waggling his eyebrows.

"Best we command the rest of the troops on this level then head up to see what's what." He strides off.

For the sake of the plot I'd expect that secret door to be the way to go, but for the sake of 'let's see what cool stuff they put in this AP', I'd love to expect the place top to bottom if feasible. Not to mention certainly could be more high value prisoners than just feeder Halflings.

Also, super happy with your idea about Padraig and his obnoxious church moth.

Sovereign Court

All of the items in the trunk can be appraised (and are now on the tracker), so if your character would do so, and you want to drop six (5+1 below) Appraise checks in a spoiler with your post, feel free.

Collecting any of the valuables in the room, Lucian leads you back outside and to another door. Beyond the door is a circular table with several chairs. Sprawled atop the table are numerous maps of Cheliax, along with several scrolls weighed down by a bejeweled dagger.

The dagger’s scabbard is set with red garnets in pentagram patterns - it definitely looks valuable.

Morvena's detect magic sense goes off as the dagger glows with a faint conjuration aura.

Spellcraft DC 22:
The dagger is a +1 merciful dagger

The real juicy stuff in this room? The scrolls on the table.

The bulk of the scrolls and maps strewn are reports from the Chelish heartland, showing the advances and losses Thrune has made against the Glorious Reclamation. A study of the notes makes it apparent that Thrune has its hands full handling the more widespread uprising, and that while they know rebellion is growing in Kintargo, they simply don’t have the resources at this time to bolster Barzillai’s work there. Several letters impress upon Lucian Thrune that if he can’t hold Menador Keep, the government will send more soldiers to replace him and oust any troublemakers who might try to claim the keep—it seems obvious that the destruction of the keep and pass aren’t things that House Thrune has even considered as a possibility.

In addition, the number of documents here that contain recent battle tactics and techniques could be of use to the Silver Ravens... Perhaps in a future time, when the situation might call for it.

If you're feeling like digging into some lore re: who the Glorious Reclamation are, pages 3 and 4 of the Player's Guide have more details. In a nutshell: They are Iomaedaen paladins who are leading an uprising against the empire in other parts of Cheliax. That's actually the subject of the Hell's Vengeance AP, but not something really explored in Hell's Rebels.

Menador Keep - War Room


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Appraise:

Add +4 if they are magical.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Issil takes a gander at several of Lucian's goods.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 4 = 22

"A merciful dagger. Nice when you don't want to kill. Plus, it's magical." Issil pulls the dagger out of the wall, entranced by its magic.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey looks over the scrolls closely, giving a low whistle when he reads of the Glorious Reclamation. "Well, I have no idea rebellion was spreading in Cheliax! I certainly pray these Iomaedaen paladins are successful in their cause!" He strokes his mustache thoughtfully, "It would explain why we have not run into as much resistance as expected...and also this means the destruction of the Keep is paramount! Let's keep searching," nods as he gathers up the valuable scrolls of the battle tactics and techniques for later perusal.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Appraisals:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Hmm...yes, this information certainly explains some things," Morvena agrees. "It's also quite lovely to know that we aren't the only thorn in Thrune's side! Perhaps we will even be able to join our forces, in time. But for now, yes - we must see to our own business."
______________

I'm also fine with exploring the rest of the Keep, including the 1st floor secret door, before heading through the 2nd floor secret door.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Ahh, my War Room. Impressive is it not? This is where we plan out the destruction of our enemies. Let's gather up these maps, quite helpful they are. Looking at them you can see clear as day: Golarion is FLAT as a board. I've never understood those buffoons that say otherwise!" He oversees the other's work then slaps the reins on this steed, flying to the last unopened door on the level.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil groans as Lucian talks about Golarion's shape. "Not THIS again. Please don't talk about the Great Illusion..."

Sovereign Court

Issil and Morvena value the fine noble's outfits, bottles of brandy, and jeweled dagger scabbard at 200 per bottle, 100 per bottle, and 2000 gold pieces respectively.

The last room on the second level is contains a large bathing tub, a small stove for heating water, an iron chamber pot with some sort of rune emblazoned on the inside, and other amenities for comfort.

Moving us back downstairs, where the secret door is...
Heading back downstairs and into the armory, you find that the halfling slaves have already been escorted out, safe from both fake and real Lucian Thrune. The secret door tucked behind the barrels leads up a narrow windowless stairway, caked in layers of dust, that ends with a solid stone door of fine dwarven construction.

Beyond the door, a thick layer of dust covers the floor of a room. Stone doors stand in opposite corners, while four curving alcoves, each fitted with a squat statue of a dwarf armed with a warhammer, stand guard silently.

Kn. Religion DC 10:
Each of them is a statue of Torag.

Menador Keep - Top Level


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Religion, Untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 "Torag. This... must be the place." Issil keeps her whip ready. "No way are we gonna approach the iron without something stupid showing up."


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey eyes the statues uneasily, "I don't like the looks of this place...Victor is this place safe to enter?"


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Lucian glances as the wenches collect his bottles of spirits "Ah excellent. We'll party hardy tonight won't we ladies?" He gives Geoffrey a sly wink followed by some slow hip thrusting motions.

As they enter the small bathroom he smiles "Ah yes, can't leave with out my personal and most amazing latrine." He pauses and looks around outside "Where did that uppity slip go with my armor? Call him back so he can carry my night soil receptical. Or maybe that screeching broomstick of his can carry it." He starts to gather up all of his skin moisturizers, his talcum powder, and of course his 'personal' grooming kit.

"Secret door going up? Best you stand in front Mr Mustache while I discover anything important... And while you do so you should address me appropriately: Supreme High Commander."

Perception: Traps and such, also has this place been traveled much lately?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Someone enjoys playing dress-up entirely too much..." Morvena mutters in response to 'Lucian's' antics, though she certainly has no objections to gathering up anything of actual value that they find.

As they make their way back down to the secret door and then back up again, she finds herself second-guessing the decision to start with this particular secret door first.

"Hmm...perhaps we were mistaken. This certainly seems to be leading to somewhere of significance," she remarks as they emerge into the small chamber. "Dwarves are crafty in more ways than one, are they not? Be mindful of surprises."

From her position near the back she takes care to scan what she can for any trace of magic.

Sovereign Court

It's easy for Lucian tell that no one has been in this room for a very, very long time. The air is musty and there's at least a few inches of dust lining the ground and the statues. It's obvious no one in the keep probably knew about this place.

GM Screen:

SC: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
SC: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

There's something about the statues, and Morvena wisely takes the opportunity to scan the area for magical traces. Two of the statues, the ones in the north and south alcoves, carry warhammers that radiate with a moderate transmutation aura. And in fact, Morvena is able to identify each of their weapons as a +1 keen warhammer.

Menador Keep - Top Level


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"This place has been my little secret from everyone else... figured I'd use it as a hideout if needed..." He smiles coyly, still raising an eyebrow to the two ladies.

Bluff: I had no clue this place was here, and damn, its old and dusty.: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey rolls his eyes at Victor's bravado here, "OK Supreme High Commander...are you ready to finish showing off the rest of your wisdom?" He looks back to Morvena here a questioning look here, "Are these statues safe to approach here?"

Perception (statues): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
"You knew about this place?" Issil seems confused. "Are these statues going to brain us if we approach? Or should we grab the warhammers?"


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 10

"Um...certainly?" Morvena shrugs, unsure of how else to respond to 'Lucian's' assertion. "And no, the statues *shouldn't* brain us if we take the warhammers...but as I said, dwarves are crafty. Exercise caution."


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Best bet would be to send in Mr Stache to collect the treasure while I protect the ladies from harm." SHC nods in full asshat mode.

5,301 to 5,350 of 5,487 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.