Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


5,351 to 5,400 of 5,487 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey shakes his head here and slowly approaches the statue where the magical warhammer is being wielded. "For the record, I don't think this is a good idea..."


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

For the record you're probably right.. but better you than I! Muses the SHC, hand on the hilt of his dagger.

I hope you know by now that Victor goes all out, full immersion on his characters... But he certainly won't leave anyone to die or anything silly like that.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Geoffrey can't believe the Supreme High Commander talks a big game but won't even try to approach the statues himself. Unlike the SHC, Geoff can walk the walk! He carefully steps towards the statue, his boots leaving big prints in the dust.

As soon as he places a finger on the warhammer, a deep rumbling fills the air. Dust pours from the crevices in two of the statues' joints as they come to life, sloooowly raising their warhammers skyward for the first time in likely a thousand years.

Initiative:

Morvena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Geoffrey: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Issil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Victor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Cyan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Round 1
Lucian
Yellow
Morvena
Geoffrey
Issil
Cyan

Party Buffs: None

Environment: All is normal

Monster Lore: DC 21 Arcana

Menador Keep - Forgotten Guardians


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

He actually did it! Rube... Now to swoop in for the dramatic rescue!

"Looks like you really stepped in it friend, how about some help eh?" SHC steps forward and slings a gob of acid at the aqua dwarf's face, hopefully slowing it down as he draws his dagger with a dramatic, over the top flourish!

Acid Splash, RT vs FF?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d3 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + (2, 3, 5, 3) = 14

If a damaging sneak attack then reduce its speed in half. Can't 5' step.

"Don't worry ladies, I'll make quick of these piles of rubble!"


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"I wasn't sure if the statues would attack us for stealing the hammers, or for giving the wrong password. Oh well!"


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Really? Someone needs to develop a 'Detect Construct' spell," Morvena sighs, feeling the metaphorical egg dripping down her face. "Or at least I presume these are constructs..."

Kn. Arcana (DC 21): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Both statues are graven guardians, a form of construct, inexorably tied to a specific deity’s faith. While unintelligent and thus lacking any real personality, a graven guardian has the ability to recognize fellow worshipers or minions of its deity. Morvena gets another piece of lore here, lemme know what she would like.

Lucian acts before the statue has a chance to, throwing a splash of acid that seems to crumble away a part of its stony leg.

With Geoffrey in front of it, the yellow statue could attack, but it instead starts casting a spell!

Spellcraft DC 18:
It's casting haste as an SLA!

Round 1
Lucian
Yellow
Morvena
Geoffrey
Issil

Cyan (-14, hampered)

Party Buffs: None

Environment: All is normal

Monster Lore: DC 21 Arcana

Menador Keep - Forgotten Guardians

Morvena, Geoffrey, and Issil are up!


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Hmm...how about Special Attacks?

Spellcraft (DC 18): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

"Oh dear...these are graven guardians and that one is about to turn one of your favorite spells against you, 'Lucian'," Morvena calls out. "I would also be aware of their _____ attack!"

Not inclined to let the constructs have all the fun, Morvena decides to even the playing field and casts Haste as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"That does it...I refuse to go along with this charade here...Victor...Victor...his name is VICTOR!!" Geoffrey grumbles under his breath even as he proceeds to hack at the guardian.

Attack Yellow w/Power Attack here, Current AC 25.
Greatsword, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 27; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 + 9 = 22
Greatsword, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 - 3 = 12; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 + 9 = 25
Hasted Greatsword, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 12; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 + 9 = 20

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
"Oh. Haste. Huh."

The room is cramped. Time for a Spiritual Ally to harass the the Green Guardian with a mace.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

These things are chock full of special attacks, all of which Morvena is well-familiar with. For starters, their attacks inflict bleed damage. They also have the magic weapon special attack, which functions more like a weapon ability.

Magic Weapon (Su):
A graven guardian that carries its deity’s favored weapon treats that weapon as a +1 weapon as long as it is wielded by the guardian. If the weapon is a melee weapon, it gains the keen weapon special ability (even if the weapon is a bludgeoning weapon). If it is a thrown weapon, it gains the returning weapon special ability. If it is a ranged weapon, it gains the seeking weapon special ability, and generates new ammunition with each attack (this ammunition is destroyed whether or not it hits).

After telling the party all about the graven guardians, Morvena snaps her fingers with a spark of magic, and everyone suddenly moves a lot faster.

Geoffrey swings hard at the guardian, a shower of stones raining from a deep gouge he places in his chest. The spiritual ally manages to hit the flat-footed guardian, and its magical force attack seems particularly effective against its stone body.

The guardian moves out of the alcove, still hampered by Victor's earlier splash of acid. The Spiritual Ally gets an AoO

Once out, it strikes at Victor, but doesn't come close to hitting the Great Supreme High Commander.
+1 keen warhammer: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 211d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Round 2
Lucian
Yellow (Hasted, -17)
Morvena
Geoffrey
Issil
Cyan (-17)

Party Buffs: Haste!

Environment: All is normal

Menador Keep - Forgotten Guardians

Victor is up!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Ahha! You two ladies really know TWO of the secrets to my heart... a good jolt of speed and a friend to harry my foe! Maybe later I'll let you in on a few more... after the wine."

SHC waggles his hips then dips back, flanking the aqua statue with the mystical guardian. Lightning quick his blade flashes and scrapes across the stone with a ear meltingly unpleasant sound.

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger: Haste, Flank, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 311d4 + 6 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (6, 1, 1, 2) = 20

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger: Haste, Flank, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 271d4 + 6 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (3, 1, 5, 6) = 23

HASTED: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger: Haste, Flank, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 331d4 + 6 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (2, 1, 4, 1) = 16

Obviously remove the sneak attack damage if it doesn't apply. But I assume it does if it did with the acid splash. If sneak attack goes through, reduce its chance to hit by 2, 4 vs SHC.

Dang those rolls! Time for confirmations.

Crit? +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger: Haste, Flank, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 181d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Crit? HASTED: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger: Haste, Flank, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 211d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

AC28 for the round with expertise and haste.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

The Spiritual Ally smashes the statue with its mace as it passes by.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Although he hasn't been in this room before, the SHC quickly identifies weakpoints in the guardians' forms. He strikes quickly and carefully, dicing up the construct's stone body. When he's done, there's nothing but a pile of rubble at his feet.

With Geoffrey directly in front of it, the remaining graven guardian raises its warhammer and swoops it across the mustached fighter's head..
Warhammer, Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 181d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Warhammer, Haste: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 111d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Slam, Haste: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 111d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

WHOOSH goes the big weapon overhead Geoff, a few decades of remaining very, very still obviously affecting the construct's ability to aim.

Round 2/3
Lucian
Yellow (Hasted, -17)
Morvena
Geoffrey
Issil

Party Buffs: Haste!

Environment: All is normal

Menador Keep - Forgotten Guardians

Everyone is up!


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil redirects the Spiritual Ally to help Geoff.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Unable to do much (and not willing to block Lucian) Issil cracks her whip and tries to disarm the stone giant.
Whip to Disarm vs CMD: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Issil drops her whip.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey continues his attack against the guardian, hoping to put it down before it strikes again.

Attack Yellow w/Power Attack here, Current AC 25.
Greatsword, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 15; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 + 9 = 26
Greatsword, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 - 3 = 18; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 + 9 = 26
Hasted Greatsword, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 22; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 + 9 = 22

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"See? That's how its done Gent, smooth and precise strikes!" He watches Geoff's clumsy, yet powerful strikes and moves closer to lend a hand.

"Think these stones like electricity? We're about to find out." Sparks fly from his fingertips as he moves in close and reaches out.

Shocking Grasp, Metal, Haste vs Touch, Expertise: 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 3 + 1 - 2 = 23
CL Check if Needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Electricity Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 4, 6) = 16

AC28. Stepping back will make taking this guy down easier with flanking.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Addendum:

After Victor's admonition Geoffrey takes a 5' step back allowing the statue to advance here.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Not wishing to waste any of her more powerful or situational spells on the remaining golem, Morvena simply steps forward and directs a barrage of magic missiles at the foe...

CL vs. SR (If Applicable): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Magic Missile: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 4) + 4 = 14


2 people marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

SHC raises an eyebrow at Morvena as she casts her spell "Nice machine gun you got there... PEW PEW PEW... PEW."

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

No one can seem to hit Torag's sentinel this time. Geoffrey leans too far to one side, missing three strikes, and Issil can't get a grip on it's whip.

Lucian thinks back to that one shocking night he spent with a beautiful wizard (he'd have you believe there were many such nights), and uses magic to zap the construct... but much like his love life, the sparks fade away as he gets too close.

On the other hand, Morvena makes it look easy, and blasts the sentinel with force missiles, its beard crumbling to the ground.

The creature lumbers out of the alcove, and aims for... Who? CW: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Issil!
Warhammer, Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 1 = 261d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Warhammer, Extra Attack, Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 161d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Warhammer, Haste: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 231d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Slam, haste: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 141d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
If he wants, some of these attacks will activate Geoffrey's Vanguard Ward to defend Issil, I'll update damage appropriately afterwards.

Round 3/4
Lucian
Yellow (Hasted, -29)
Morvena
Geoffrey
Issil

Party Buffs: Haste!

Environment: All is normal

Menador Keep - Forgotten Guardians

Everyone is up!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Oh, this is bad." Issil drops her whip and draws a mace as she's pummeled. "Insert a joke about rock hard pounding, here." She rolls her eyes. "Not like you'd be the first one to crack that joke."

Heavy Mace, Combat Expertise: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

She adopts a defensive pose and counterstrikes.

Meanwhile her Spiritual Ally flanks with Lucian, lord of the dance.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

AC is 24 for this round.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Yes Geoff will use the Vanguard Ward here. He should auto make the AoO rolls.

Geoffrey continues his assault against the warden, all the while feeling a chill coming from somewhere...close by...

Attack Yellow w/Power Attack here, Current AC 25, 23 if he uses VW.
Greatsword, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 13; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 + 9 = 22
Greatsword, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 - 3 = 10; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 + 9 = 21
Hasted Greatsword, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 18; Slashing damage: 2d6 + 5 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 + 9 = 19

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena raises an eyebrow at the SHC.

"Indeed."

Then, she does it again - provided Issil and Geoffrey don't finish shattering the thing first.

CL vs. SR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Magic Missile: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 3) + 4 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:
GM Red wrote:
Lucian thinks back to that one shocking night he spent with a beautiful wizard (he'd have you believe there were many such nights), and uses magic to zap the construct... but much like his love life, the sparks fade away as he gets too close.

SHC looks slightly embarrassed, glancing at the ladies "That's surely never happened before!" He waits for his dance partner to line up then goes about dissecting the statue joint by joint.

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger: Haste, Flank, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 311d4 + 6 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (1, 4, 1, 4) = 17

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger: Haste, Flank, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 161d4 + 6 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (3, 3, 1, 1) = 15

HASTED: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger: Haste, Flank, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 261d4 + 6 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (6, 2, 6, 5) = 26

AC28. Reduce its chance to hit by 2, 4 vs SHC.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Earlier, Geoffrey had acted quickly enough to shield Issil from the attacks of the sentinel. No damage taken last round

Morvena clobbers the guardian with another barrage of flashy missiles, while the SHC indeed finishes off the construct with a fancy stab to its stone head.

Out of combat. How about I move us along?

The door to the south isn't locked, and opens to a hall. Dust covers the floor and cobwebs hang from the ceiling of the vaulted, fifty-foot-long hallway. Curved alcoves flank the hallway, four to a side. Each alcove contains a long-dry basin held aloft by a stone dwarf. Runes are carved above the door to the south, while the door itself bears the carved face of a scowling dwarven man.

Understand Dwarven:
“Beyond is the Anvil of Unmaking, yet woe to those who give not prayer to the Father of Creation before undoing what his children hath wrought.”

The door looks to be sealed by a complex set of bars.

Menador Keep


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Alright then. Thanks Geoff." She gives him a kiss on the cheek. 'My hero." She sticks her tongue out at Lucian.

Anyone wants magic warhammers?

"Uh... lots of magic in here. How does this work, again? Anyone read Dwarven?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

SHC isn't bothered, he knows its just a public show of affection. The real 'affection' happens behind closed doors, or up against the balcony railing. "Dwarven? Of course I know Dwarven, pretty sure a Thrune INVENTED Dwarven in the first place. Probably one of my great great great grand fathers."

He blows the dust off the inscription and reads aloud in his best Sean Connery voice “Beyond is the Anvil of Unmaking, yet woe to those who give not prayer to the Father of Creation before undoing what his children hath wrought.”

"Looks like that's the place we'll need to go, not sure we should crack it open quite yet though. My wine cellar still needs to be sampled!"

Best we leave this for last I think. Things may escalate quickly once we get past this door. Also, who knows a Dwarven prayer? Not this guy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey has the good graces here to bow politely to Issil. "Just doing my job MiLady...you have done your part in keeping me in one piece as well."

Seems like I will need to risk a horrible death every time to gain the affections of a lovely lady...I don't have the SHC's...WAY with the fairer sex...

Once the group is ready to proceed here he points back the way they came, "Let's see what other secrets this place holds...I am truly intrigued now."


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kn. Religion (Father of Creation): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

"Hmm. I am almost certain the inscription references Torag, dwarven god of artifice...among other things. It sounds as though we should offer a prayer or some other benediction in his name before using the Anvil."

"Something to mull over when we return, yes? Let us be quick and investigate the second hidden door before we go any further here," she adds, ready to keep moving.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Morvena had the right idea here. A Kn. Religion check may assist you in figuring out what a prayer to Torag may sound like. We'll get back to that later.

Reasonably assuming that the Anvil of Unmaking is the final goal of the Keep (and its use could perhaps make it all but impossible to explore the rest of the place), you opt to take a more thorough tour, starting with the secret door in Lucian's room.

The door opens to another steep stairway, though this one looks pretty well-traveled. No dust! At the top is another short hallway with two more doors.

The next door opens to a small room with a large iron trunk sitting against the north wall. It's otherwise empty - except for a devilish winged creature casually perched upon the trunk.

Master of Disguise vs Devil Eyes:

Perception, Associates: 1d20 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 6 = 18

It flaps its wings to hover over the trunk, staring suspiciously at Geoffrey, Issil, and Morvena. Still, when it speaks, it addresses Lucian. "Oh? What does the master want now?" Its voice is raspy, as if it has a permanent cold. "Or did he come to disturb the trunk guardian for no reason at all? The sooner I can return to Hell, the better."

Menador Keep - Treasury


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

What the devil...?

Since the creature appears to be fooled by 'Lucian' - at least for the moment - Morvena holds her tongue as she tries to figure out what they're dealing with.

Kn. Planes (What is it?): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 Add +1 if the creature is a devil...which, yeah.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

K Planes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

"Oh come now, you know I only call you that as a joke right?" He chuckles, for a couple seconds longer than seems appropriate to everyone but himself. "Crack that trunk open, do your favorite 'I just killed a hound archon' dance and you can head on back to Hell." He raises his eyebrows and readies for the show.

"And stop looking at those three like they've got pink feather boas on, they're with me."

Bluff: Focus mate focus!: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Hmm, a feather boa... Issil smiles and muses to herself.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey resists the urge to utter a sarcastic rejoinder here, instead readying to leap into battle should the SHC's 'pet' have other ideas.

If I was him...it...I would definitely question the SHC here...not even sure it knows what a feather boa is...

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Morvena knows this guy is a Magaav, or Host Devil, but can't quite recall anything of its abilities or powers. That may be okay, if Lucian can keep the charade going...

More Secret Devil Rolls:

Devil Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Stepping off the chest, the Magaav pauses for a moment. "You toy with me. Remember that your words are binding, master. If you are serious, I will be gone the moment the trunk pops open." He looks pleased, a smile growing a cross his face. "You do recall that you have the key, do you not, master?" Indeed, thinking back to when the real Lucian was taken down, you had found a key in his pocket. "Or did you misplace it?"

Extending its bony hand, the winged devil makes a request. "Give me the key, and I will open the trunk as you ask."


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Sense Motive: This guy on to me?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

"Me misplace something? Never in a hundred years!" He scolds then digs out the key from where ever he'd hidden it after killing off the real Lucian. "Make quick work of it, but before you go, do that dance like I asked so I smile when I think of you." He tosses it the key.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena continues to watch the exchange closely but with a slightly more relaxed demeanor considering the devil seems to be buying 'Lucian's' act.

Not that I'm thrilled at letting devils go but it *would* be extremely convenient to not have to deal with him the hard way.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey leans back slightly here in a relaxed way yet he doesn't buy the devil's 'act' for one second. Still he doesn't interrupt his Commander...yet.

Sense Motive (devil): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Issil wonders how much of Lucian's wardrobe she could repurpose to look good on her.

Oh, and something about this devil. Once he's gone she can start glamouring her armor in peace.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Even moar secret devil rolls:

Or not? But then you'd think there was no Bluffing, which is less fun!

A devil being dishonest? "Not a chance," think both Lucian and Geoffrey.

The Magaav grabs the key and eagerly floats over to the trunk. He puts it in, turns, and opens the large iron chest to a veritable hoard of sparkling, aura-producing loot!

Afterwards, he turns back to Lucian, considering the absurd request. "A.. dance? ...... Fine. Anything to leave this sorry place. Perhaps you will be emulating this routine yourself when you recount my servitude."

Perform (Dance): 1d20 ⇒ 2
The devil shimmies along the length of the room, awkwardly bouncing his hips in a way that would make even Vyre's Queen of Delights blush. He even adds in the two arm spin popular in in the 4600s, finishing it by striking the air rapidly as though he were clawing an imaginary animal.

"The contract is complete as per your terms. Farewell." With a red puff of smoke, the devil teleports away for good.

Another post coming with the treasure!

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

The chest contains several pouches of gold consisting of 980 gp in all.

It also contains a stash of twelve potions, six of one colour and six of another.

Spellcraft DC 17, Purple Potions:

Six of them are potions of cure moderate wounds

Spellcraft DC 18, Blue Potions:

Six of them are potions of cure serious wounds

There's also a bastard sword, six arrows, a lacy white dress, an ivory fan with a painted silk picture of the famous opera The Six Trials of Larazod, a leather-bound glass flask containing a magical liquid, and a solid-gold pillbox carved with a leering harpy face that contains three discrete piles of white powder.

Spellcraft DC 20, Bastard Sword:

The sword is a +1 human-bane bastard sword

Spellcraft DC 23, Arrows:

Each arrow is a +3 frost arrow

Appraise (Mundane) DC 20, Lacy White Dress:
It's worth 200 gp

Appraise (Mundane) DC 20, Ivory Fan:
It's worth 200 gp

Appraise (Mundane) DC 20, Flask:
It's worth 200 gp

Spellcraft DC 18, Liquid inside flask:
The liquid functions as a potion of haste

Appraise (Mundane) DC 20, Pillbox:
It's worth 400 gp

Spellcraft DC 20, White powder inside pillbox:

Each pile is a dust of appearance.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Well that was fun." Issil shrugs. "That devil dance was hilariously bad."

She begins looking through the treasure. "Damn, how much do we have to carry back?"

Appraise, Spellcraft and Guidance, oh my!:

Spellcraft, Purple Potion: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 + 4 = 36
Spellcraft, Blue Potion: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 + 4 = 25
Spellcraft, Bastard Sword: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 1 + 4 = 24
Spellcraft, Arrows: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 + 4 = 20
Appraise, Lacy White Dress: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
Appraise, Ivory Fan: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Appraise, Flask: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
Spellcraft, Liquid inside Flask: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 + 4 = 17
Appraise, Pillbox: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23
Spellcraft, White Powder: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 + 4 = 32

Issil looks at the Arrows, Lacy White Dress, and the Flask. "I have no idea what these are worth. Someone else look at 'em."

Feel free to open all of the other spoilers. Issil will cast Guidance as needed to ID the rest.

"This sword is designed to cut into humans. Really effective at it." Issil holds the blade awkwardly, she's not even sure how to counterbalance it. Geoff must be so ashamed.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey frowns as he picks up the bastard sword hefting it experimentally, "Well I can see where this blade will prove useful here...I believe Barzilia Thrune is human, no?" Shrugging he places the blade along with the others he has accumulated.

He raises an eyebrow, "Issil, I thought fancy clothes were your forte...maybe Morvena would look better in it, though I don't think white suits her well."

Geoff is certainly encumbered now with all these swords he is carrying...he'll be crawling back to Kintargo at this rate :)

PS: Potions? Woot! Geoff wants a six pack of them!


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"My oh my, this is quite the find," Morvena remarks with a wide smile as the loot in the chest is revealed. "The arrows, the dress, and the flask are giving you trouble, Issil? Let me see..."

Spellcraft - Arrows (DC 23): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Spellcraft - Flask (DC 18): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Appraise - Dress (DC 20): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

"Well, this will make 'SHC' happy - this flask contains a Potion of Haste," she declares after a bit of inspection. "As to the arrows and the dress, I am afraid I find myself in the dark as well. Perhaps we can study them further and piece it together after we've had a bit of a rest."


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Appraise vs Dress DC20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Sleight of Hand vs Pill Box: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

"Ahh the wedding dress of my beloved to be! Nearly priceless.. either of you two ladies interested in its maiden voyage?" He quips suggestively as he tries to claim the pillbox without too much fuss. I was wondering where that went... a fine place to store one's 'pills'!

"Ah yes, that sword... not a pleasant sword to have around being human and all... but useful I suppose... I believe that flask has a wonderful home in my left inner jacket pocket, and some of those healing potions in my bandoleer.."

I'd love a source of haste, some healing, and besides the RP reasons, the pill box/dust is nice. We can certainly share the dust!

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Loot's updated with these latest findings. Feel free to claim. Also, give yourselves 245 gp each from the plain old coins found in the trunk.

The loot is loaded up into the party's backpacks and divvied up, with Geoffrey and the SHC fighting over who gets the last potion. Sooner or later they come to an agreement (begrudgingly or otherwise), and you continue through the hall to the last door.

A heap of straw, bones, and shredded cloth has been tucked into the northern portion of the next room, creating something of a large nest, while to the southeast, the walls open up to the outside, looking out over the Menador Gap beyond. No railing or other protection prevents an accidental stumble out of the room, and the drop looks to be at least 200 feet.

Menador Keep - Wyvern Pen


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil laughs. "Marriage? Ha! You can't lock me down like that, Lucian." She saunters forward to the next room.

"So is this the Wyvern's nest?" She takes a look and shrugs. "No way am I sticking my neck out there. Let's head back to that Torag Temple and topple this place."


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey glances uneasily at the exposed ledge before turning his attention to the straw nest. "Shouldn't we see if there is any treasure stashed in that nest?" He glances back to the stairs leading down, "Shouldn't we warn that janni cook we ran across of our plans?"


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Hmm...wyverns do bear some relation to dragons and dragons are well known for their attraction to wealth and other shiny objects," Morvena nods. "We still have some time - let us make a quick search here and then return to speak with that janni."

Ignoring (for the moment) SHC's suggestive talk of marriage, Morvena begins to scan the nest for any sign of magical auras.

5,351 to 5,400 of 5,487 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.