Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


5,001 to 5,050 of 5,487 << first < prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | next > last >>

Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Oh hey, Issil has 14 Con, so she gets a +1 on that Stabilization roll. So I made DC 10. Thanks Pádraig!

Not yet, my child. The woman's voice rings in her head. I will try to hold them back for a bit longer.

Issil stabilizes, even as the crazy bloodied dancer feeds off of her wounds.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 35

Perfectly oblivious to everything going on around her - including Issil's predicament - Morvena clutches her dagger in one hand, blood dripping from the other. She gazes up at the night sky.

"Cahf ah nafl mglw'nafh hh' ahor syha'h ah'legeth, ng llll or'azath syha'hnahh n'ghftephai n'gha ahornah ah'mglw'nafh..."

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Stuff:

Effective: -67

Frustrated that no one will dance with him, Geoffrey tears into Shulu with his blade, and both Pádraig and Rosebud gouge her as she waltzes away. Desna smiles upon Victor for a second, and he drives his dagger into Shulu's back.

The crazed hostess smiles, blood trickling down her chin. "You're perhaps the most stubborn group of dancers I'd eaten in three hundred years. It is.. admirable!" She spits.

Glancing over at the campfire, all but one of the travelers is now unconscious: a dwarf who yells at his mug, demanding it refill itself. The elf has seen much better days, his skin black from having set himself on fire.

Shulu turns to Geoffrey, her fangs bared, and rakes her claws across the mustached man!
Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 221d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 321d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Crit?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 221d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 291d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Geoffrey needs two DC 19 Fort saves vs Poison (they don't stack). Fail and take 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage

Vendalfek breathes another cone of sparkles at Shulu...
Fort Save DC 12 vs Euphoria: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
.. But it only serves to make her just a little bit shinier.

Round 6
Shulu (-109)
Issil (-62, Stabilized)
Morvena (-1, Confused)
Rosebud
Pádraig
Victor (-6, Confused)
Geoffrey (-11)

Vendalfek
Campfire Travelers

Party Buffs: Bless, Inspire Courage +2/+2

The whole party is up!

Combat Map


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Fort save DC 19 #1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Fort save DC 19 #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Geoffrey manages to avoid the effects of Shulu's claws grimacing in pain.

And I thought Issil's moves were deadly...

He grits his teeth and tries to put down the insane dancer... (not Issil :P)

Greatsword, bless, IC, flank: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 22; damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 + 2 = 16
Greatsword, bless, IC, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 21; damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 5 + 2 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Confused: 1d100 ⇒ 52

It would be too convenient for Victor to keep his mind intact for a few seconds longer. Instead he punches himself in the face with the pommel of his dagger. "I'm kickin' my own ass, ha!"

Self Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Rosebud fires another arrow at Shulu.
+1 blackwood longbow, heroism, bless, divine favor, Fate's Favored, Inspire Courage, PBS into melee; Damage: 1d20 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 18 - 4 = 191d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry sings and thrusts with his rapier, looking for a critical vulnerability in Shulu's defenses.

+1 mithral rapier, heroism, bless, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 301d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Crit!? Additional Damage, if confirmed: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 191d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Grandma?

Issil watches the armored woman drive her blade into a horned monstrosity before kicking it away. Her silvered armor gleams as she wipes the blood off of her sword. The symbol of Shelyn dangles across her belt.

Issil, it's not your time yet. I told you. When it is your time, I will take you.

Issil reaches her hand up. Where?

Grandma simply smiles, then draws her blade again. A bit busy, dear. Come back in a few. She charges at another beast from the depths of hell.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 6

Morvena once again snaps out of her confusion, wincing at the pain in her hand. Her gaze settles on Shulu again, this time twisting with anger. Dropping the dagger in her hand she pulls out her wand of Magic Missile.

"ENOUGH OF THIS!"

Pew: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Charges remaining (46).

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Geoffrey lays into Shulu with two more aimed strikes of his greatsword, and Pádraig finds a weak spot just under Shulu's arm, driving his blade in and causing the crazed woman to fall to her knees, still cackling maniacally as she bleeds out.

Out of combat

The confusion stemming from the Infectious Dance fades away as Shulu dies out, and Morvena, Victor, and Issil (though unconscious) find that they're able to think clearly once more.

Of the travelers that had joined Shulu for her feast and free drinks, only two of the dwarves seem to have survived, snoring loudly with bruises, cuts, and marks all over their bodies. Smashed mugs and broken sticks litter the ground next to them.

While Shulu herself wasn't wearing any equipment, a pack next to her tent contains a few items of note: a dress made from layered leaves, a masterwork sling, a wand, and a scroll.

Spellcraft DC 16, Dress:

Spellcraft DC 17, Wand:

This is a wand of Unnatural Lust, with 6 charges remaining.

Spellcraft DC 17, Scroll:

This is a scroll of Disfiguring Touch


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Will regain that wand charge then~

"Damned harpy...or whatever she was," Morvena scowls as Shulu is finally put down for good, allowing her to return to her senses along with the others. "And I had been looking forward to pleasant company on the road! Now I will forever think twice about approaching strangers when we are outside the city," she sighs.

She quickly turns her attention to the items discovered within the pack, studying them carefully. "Hmm...perhaps we can at least get some use out of these things, depending on what they are..."

Spellcraft - Dress (DC 16): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Spellcraft - Wand (DC 17): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Spellcraft - Scroll (DC 17): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

"Ah yes, this gown is a Gown of Graceful Petiteness and the wand a wand of Unnatural Lust. The scroll carries the Disfiguring Touch spell."

"Tch...Disfiguring Touch is a nasty little bit of magic but the gown and the wand could have their uses."


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor cycles through a few more rounds of hip thrusting, head banging, and finger nail biting before he finally snaps out of it. He looks down at his dagger in hand and wipes off the blood, shrugging. "So umm, why's my dagger all bloodied and my back and hips are aching... ack, Issil?"

He quickly pulls out his healing wand and gives the girl some healing.

UMD DC20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 201d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
UMD DC20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 301d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
UMD DC20: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 311d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"What was this creature?" Pádraig Henry shudders. "Let's hope we don't run into any of her sisters."

He looks around. "A night march doesn't appeal to me. Rest here, or find another campsite?"

He offers to heal Issil, and then goes over to the battered dwarves, healing them with his remaining spells, if needed. "These poor bastards are in bad shape."

(5 spell slots available for CLW.)


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Now then. Go, Issil. Make grandma proud. She smiles and opens a door for Issil.

Am I... making your proud? Issil is lost in thought as she trips and falls face first into the dirt.

She sputters awake and looks up. Victor stands over her, sticking a wand against her withered, bloodied skin. "Wha? Huh? Am I alive?" She stands up, leaning against him for support. "Just one wand usage is fine, I can handle the rest. Is that b$@&& dead yet?" She glances over at the laughing bleeding woman. "What the hell was she, anyway?" Rosie isn't going to shut up about trusting lustful strangers, is she?

CSW: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6, 7) + 7 = 26
CSW: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4, 5) + 7 = 17

Some more healing and Issil feels physically good. She frowns as she sees the carnage around her. "Only the dwarves, huh. I wonder how long Shulu paraded them around..."

Issil does what she can to heal the injured dwarves and saves a couple of burning hands for Shulu's remains.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Ya, been a long day. I say we just camp here a bit, maybe kick some dirt on all the blood though. Don't want to be eaten in our sleep by a pack of rats or ants... do ants come out at night?" Victor rifles through the pockets of the dead, at least until Padraig and Issil start waking up their friends.

"Geez guys, can't a fella find a bit of cheese first?"

Bluff: Yup, just looking for cheese.: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"Yes I certainly hope so Padraig! Nice job by the way Rosebud," Geoffrey smiles as he cleans and sheathes his blade. "I see no reason not to rest here for the evening, once we do clean up a little here." He looks over to the corpse of Shulu, "I think burning her corpse is too nice for her but...it will do for now."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 Almost...

He raises an eyebrows at Victor but says nothing here.

He must be getting lonely...or something.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Sense Motive DC31: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
"Cheese. Right." Pádraig Henry mutters, stifling a yawn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

"Uh-ah. I'm gettin' a little sleepy."
Imoen, when fatigued. Baldur's Gate


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Sense Motive, did I roll a 20?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
!!!

"Cheese, eh?" Issil laughs. "Give 'em a break. They were as lost as we were a few minutes ago, Vic." Issil pats the thief in the back. Not too hard. "Thanks for picking me up, back there."


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Eh...if we are going to camp here anyway we should at least do something with these bodies," Morvena points out. "I can summon creatures to aid in their burial - or at least to aid in digging the holes - if we do not wish to burn them. Either way, we cannot just leave them to rot."
______________

Morv should be able to conjure some small earth elementals to help dig a hole/holes for burial~


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:
Issil Tanessen wrote:

[dice=Sense Motive, did I roll a 20?]1d20+11

!!!

"Cheese, eh?" Issil laughs. "Give 'em a break. They were as lost as we were a few minutes ago, Vic." Issil pats the thief in the back. Not too hard. "Thanks for picking me up, back there."

Cheese, weed, kronk, tar, smoke, dust, jerry, weezer, yellow scab, what's the difference?

"You're right, let's get them buried."

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Two of the three sandy-haired dwarves awaken as they're healed, still bewildered. "By Sarenrae's t+@$, jus' what the hell happened here? Looks like ol' Chainbringer bit the dust, did he?" One of them tries to lift the third dwarf up from the mud, cringing as a trail of blood escapes his mouth. "Yeh, he did. Well, s&%$. Gunna be hard to tell his wife sum enticin' dancer got the best of 'em."

"Good showin' up and savin us," the duo agree. "We were just passin' through after wrappin' up a trade deal. Headin' back to Silver City - that's Kintargo, ya know - ta see what more business we can drum up. Tough times there, I hear. Anyway, let's get Chain buried. By the steel !@#!s of Torag, poor guy. F++%."

Morvena conjures up some earth elementals, and the dwarves help dig graves for the others. They take turns spitting on Shulu's corpse before Issil sets it aflame.

"Let's pack 'er in, my head is poundin," the dwarves agree, setting up a tent to rest for the remainder of the night.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor avoids any real work, but helps where he can, making it look like he's doing something more significant. He's pretty good at it too, been doing it his whole, young life. "What do you guys trade in? Anything particular or whatever fills up the coin purse?"

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Guess we should introduce ourselves. I'm Pádraig Henry," the halfling says, offering his hand to the two dwarves. "And this is Rosebud."

He gives his friends and the dwarves the chance to introduce themselves.

"The new Lord-Mayor, Throne, has been hard on the city and on business." He nods in encouragement, when Victor opens a line of inquiry into their trade.

"You interested in finding a trustworthy partner for your interests in the city?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

"Fine art 'n gaudy jewelry, obviously!" The dwarf laughs. "Nah, we usually aim fer silver. Plates and cutlery are worth more than ya might think, 'n rare coins and silver ammunition fetch a pretty good price far off in Ustalav, where they fearin' werewolves."

"Name's Argen, and that's Entum," he replies. "What kinda arrangement did ya have in mind? Gotta be profitable ta be worth it!"

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Well met, Argen. Entum." Pádraig Henry flashes a friendly smile. "It just so happens, we have a few friends among Kintargo's merchants, don't we guys?" The halfling looks to Victor and Issil, encouraging them to help him recruit this pair of dwarves as allies.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"Name is Geoffrey," Geoffrey nods in greetings to the dwarven pair, "Were you by chance travelling near the Menador Gap?"


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Call me Vic." Victor smiles and nods. "Yup, gotta say we're in pretty decent with some of the folks in the city. Like Padraig said though, times are pretty tough with Thrune squeezing the nards off the populace there. Just going across town will cost you gold if you try going over the bridge." He instinctively crosses his legs.

"What you need are some people in the know in the city itself... business partners to give you the ins and outs, the do's and don'ts. I'm sure our fine city could always use more silver weapons... mithril is even better..." He smiles and flashes his mithril dagger.

Auto aid diplomacy.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"This is Morvena," Pádraig Henry introduces the arcanist. "She's our chief recruiter of promising partners and allies."


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

"You can trust her," Rosebud says. "And the rest of us, too."

Eyes narrowing, the lyrakien inquisitor looks sideways at Victor. Most of us, anyway.

Auto-aid Diplomacy


3 people marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Rosebud looks sideways at Victor and meets his eyes, which respond in kind Harpy!


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Jewelry and silver, huh?" Issil reminds them of the ton of gems and jewels she's holding. "Trust me, it's all real." She grins. "What grade of silver do you carry? I can't smelt iron, but I can add magic."

Auto Aid Diplomacy


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Yes, it is a pleasure to meet you both. Ah, well, as much can be expected given the circumstances that is," Morvena remarks with a sad gesture towards the grave of Chainbringer and the unnamed elf. She starts to bow but then seems to think better of it and instead offers her hand to each of them in greeting.

Dwarves usually seem to prefer more...informal...means of address, unless you're speaking to someone of high station.

"As Padraig has said, we have contacts within the city and are always looking to expand our network," she smiles. "We take care of each other...and you might say that we also work together towards a common goal. Of course if, ah, you take pleasure in putting the screws to those who take advantage of those who are simply trying to get by and make a living...well, I can confidently say it is a nice bonus perk!"

Auto-Aid Diplomacy but rolling for funsies...

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

"A bridge toll? Inside town?" Argen snickers at the mention. "What kinda place is this anyway?"

"I think what yer suggestin' is you hook us up with yer merchants who might help us sell product at the best cost, 'n we turn around 'n make sure we do what? Yer bein' a little vague about it, are ya?" Entum looks suspiciously at Victor. "If yer yankin' my !@#!s, I don't like my !@($s bein' yanked!"

"Ah, hell," Argen lies back. "If it means more coin, we kin probably help ya out. Jus' let us know what ta do. As long as yer connections make us coin, we're good. Ya better not be some evil cult worshippers though, I dun want no part o' that!"


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor meets Entum's eyes, doing some soul searching on the man. How do they know these Dwarves aren't more trouble than they're worth? Maybe they LOVE evil cults!

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Sure seem clean to me!

"Look, we can't make any promises about how much coin you'll make, but we can at least get ya started. If things work out, in return maybe you can help import some useful stuff. City is pretty much on lock down when it comes to trade." He hacks up some spit for his hand and offers the handshake deal.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"What if we were to offer you an arrangement that earned us all some coin, and at the same time, gave both of you a chance to stick it to House Thrune?"

Pádraig Henry observes the dwarves' reaction with care.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25

"There's a group of determined rebels called the Silver Ravens," he continues. "They're working to rid Kintargo of Thrune, once and for all. They're also fair-minded investors and generous to their allies."


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"It's not like Thrune's gonna be any better, anyway. Next he'll charge taxes for opening doors!" Issil cracks a joke at Thrune's expense.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

"Anyway, the Silver Ravens are on the rise, I've heard. They're looking for allies. And to get rid of Thrune and his crazy rules. You in?"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Rolls:

2d20 ⇒ (3, 13) = 16

"The Silver Ravens, eh?" Nearly snoozing, Entum opens one eye. "Didja hear that, Arg? These rebels are named after the metal itself."

Both dwarves don't seem to be lying, as far as Issil, Victor, and Pádraig can all tell, only that they're cautious in forming alliances with just anyone, especially having trusted Shulu only a few hours ago.

"Hmm. Seems kinda convenient," Argen cautions. He considers the offer for some time, then sighs in agreement. "Whatever. Ya know what, we'll do it. We're gonna be in town a while anyway, and if this Thrune is slowin' the economy with his bogus fees, I'd be happy ta help stymie his rulin'. Let the silver flow. You scratch our back, we scratch yers. Sounds like a deal ta me."

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 24
1d100 ⇒ 81
1d100 ⇒ 91
1d100 ⇒ 88
1d100 ⇒ 5
1d100 ⇒ 48
1d100 ⇒ 1

Travel to the Menador Gap (Day 2)
Weather: Rain, about 55 F

Rain, Mechanical Effects:
Rain: Rain reduces visibility by half, imposing a -4 penalty on Perception checks. It also imposes a -4 penalty on ranged weapon attacks.

Rain automatically extinguishes candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames. It causes protected flames, such as those of lanterns, to dance wildly and has a 50% chance to extinguish these lights.

You are here

The party awakens to the pitter-patter of rain on your tents and bedrolls. The dwarven duo bid you farewell in the morning, gathering their packs and traveling due northwest, back towards Kintargo, while the party makes for the road to continue the journey to the Menador Gap.

Vendalfek peeks out from a cozy spot in 1d5 ⇒ 3 Issil's backpack, where he's kept dry.

"You guys look stronger today," the faerie dragon comments. "Guess that run in with the mad dancer really helped hone your skills, even if it was scary."

Back to his tome he goes, flipping through to find more details about Cheliax. "Right now, we're traveling through the North Plains. Kinda the rural outskirts of Kintargo, really. It's dotted with small towns and villages that face east, away from the cold, never-ending winds that blow off the Arcadian Ocean. The agriculture that is produced here mainly goes to supporting the population of Kintargo. It is also dotted with steaming brine springs due to local volcanic activity. The salt that is harvested from these springs is considered high quality due to its silver sheen and has become one of Kintargo's primary exports... except for when the Salt Works is being used as a prison," he jokes.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil wakes up, feeling a bit better. I should have noticed the scam. But... did I see Grandma kicking ass? Hehe.

Issil wakes up, uses her hat of disguise to apply makeup and snaps her armor into a fine red sheen. "Time to head towards that prison- Vendaflek, careful in there. That's where I keep all my stuff." She glances at the dragon fairie digging through her pack full of jewelry. You know, just in case she needs to swap out some jewels for others.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry wakes up, stiff but refreshed after a good night's sleep on the ground. He rubs his eyes and looks around. "Em, guys? Looks like we have company." He points at the big, obese creature with the giant hammer.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey looks up from where he was practicing some power moves with his newly acquired sword, "Huh...I don't see anything Padraig. Maybe you need your eyes checked?"


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor sits up like an inch worm, still zipped up snug in his sleeping bag, his shirt pulled over his eyes to ward off the sun and let him sleep as long as possible "Company? Like good company or bad company... I was just having such an awesome dream too..." Please be good company! He pulls his shirt down just enough to peek out.

"Frickin' rain, gah!" I miss my scones and biscuits and muffins already!

--------

"Vendaflek, when did you get so smart anyhow? I thought you specialized in smart-assery not smart smarty." Victor adjusts his pirate hat to help keep the rain off his messy hair.

"Maybe we can hit some of the sights as we go, or on the way back at least... some skinny dipping in those hot pools sounds sick!"


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena blinks peevishly and looks around, scanning the immediate area and the horizon.

"I do not see anything either. Are you sure you are not just imagining things, Padraig?"

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Screen:

1d10 ⇒ 2

"Spend one too many hours with that Rexus Victocora bookworm, and you end up picking up a thing or two," Vendalfek replies, flipping through his tome. "How do you know what I'm telling you about our surroundings is true anyway? Hee-hee." He gives Victor a sly grin.

After Pádraig rubs the memory of the battle from a few days ago from his eyes, and realizes the path ahead is free of massive ogre, the party continues their adventure along the vastness of Cheliax.

It's late in the afternoon when the landscape builds to rolling hills of tall grass. One of the hills is particularly large, and you come upon what looks like the entrance to a cave carved out on its western edge. In front of the cave, the discarded body of a bear blocks the path, and an acrid stench of rotten flesh and vinegar fills the air.

You could continue right past it, and keep on task, or investigate.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Smells like teen spirit." Says Victor with a wrinkled nose. He creeps up quietly to take a closer look, shushing the others as he does so, and giving the Harpy the stink eye.

To make life easier let's just go with taking 10 all around: stealth, perception, etc. So 26/22, low light vision.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Ugh. Normally I would not worry so much about disturbing a beast's lair - especially when out in what is likely its' natural habitat - but that cave being located so close to the road is concerning," Morvena remarks as Victor promptly creeps forward to get a better look. "Especially if its occupant can slay a bear. Pava, would you take a look from the air, please?"


HP: 21/21 l AC: 20, T 16, FF 18 l CMD 7 l F +0, R +4, W +8 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +10, Low Light Vision
Skills:
Fly +12
Female Thrush Familiar (Soulbound) 8 l Active Conditions:

"Oh, sure! I'll look around and make sure that there's nothing scary lurking over the next hill!"

And with that the little songbird takes flight, rising up into the sky to see if she can see anything else suspicious or worrisome in the nearby vicinity.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Once the party decides to scout the cave, Issil casts Angelic Aspect, Lesser on herself. No creepy hedonists are catching her off guard this time!

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry casts heroism on himself and Rosebud. Then, he slinks along behind Victor, trying to sense any threats inside the cave.
Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

1 to 50 of 5,487 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.