Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


5,151 to 5,200 of 5,487 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>

URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:
GM Red wrote:
"The Carnelian Signet?" The guard asks, doubt in his voice. "Do you know anything about a Carnelian Signet?" He calls to another guard, who has no idea what he's talking about. "How odd. Figures they wouldn't have sent notice to us! Bah!" The sentry grunts, walking up to a winch. He leans over and cranks it open, the gate rising up. "Fine. Come in. It's.. strange that you're accompanied by four others."

Nox finally speaks as the man says something stupid "Why would they notify you of a SURPRISE INSPECTION?" She shakes her head and continues on watching over the Red Lady and eyeing the guards up and down.

Ya, take 10 perception seems easiest. Also, what kind of weapons and armor are these bloaks sporting?

"How many of those rebel scum are locked up here now? You've been keeping them alive right?"

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Rolls:

Guard 1, Perception vs Disguise, Recognizes on Sight: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22
Guard 2, Perception vs Disguise, Recognizes on Sight: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12

Pádraig also recalls a little more that he and the others learned in Kintargo: A man by the name of Lucian Thrune, one of the Lord-Mayor's relatives, is in charge of the keep.

Victor wrote:
"Why would they notify you of a SURPRISE INSPECTION?"

"Maybe so, but what's Thrune's right hand... human," he coughs, struggling to describe Nox. "... Doing all the way up here? We've got everything under control! Certainly an inspection doesn't require your presence, let alone all of you." The guard suspiciously insists as he looks through Nox, avoiding her gaze, clearly not too comfortable with the half-devil. He and the other guard are armed with halbreds and heavy crossbows, and wear chainmail.

The other guard points to the northern set of double doors. "Prisoners, huh. Up that way. Inside the keep. A few halflings were sent this way from the heartlands. Food for the serpents," he snickers.

The Silver Ravens get the idea it won't be long before the guards' suspicions take over.

Menador Keep


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"The roads can be treacherous, even for one of Thrune's most powerful," Morvena points out, thinking back to their encounter with the ogre king. "Of course I am more than happy to take note of your thoughts on the matter of how inspections should be conducted in the future and pass them along..."

As she speaks, Morvena whips out her 'ledger' and a quill, making a show of flipping through its pages. But really, it's her spellbook and she's searching for a spell that might prove useful should things get ugly.

Bluff/Intimidate (?): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
______________

Morvena is going to burn a reservoir point to use Quick Study and swap out Dispel Magic for Slow.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Would Mistress Signet like to have a word with the Keep Commander now?" Pádraig Henry asks/suggests. "These gentlemen clearly have duties they need to perform."


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Yes, that's a great idea, small one." The Carnelian Signet chuckles. "Where is your commander's office? Once you show the way, we'll leave you to your duties."

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

While Issil persuades the soldiers to take the team to their commander - some relative of Lord-Mayor Thrune, he recalls - Pádraig Henry looks up toward the stone arch that hangs above the pass, trying to spot the hidden chamber above the keep, where the ancient dwarves built their engine of self-destruction called the Anvil of Unmaking.

He sees Rosebud circling high over the keep, gliding on the updraft of a thermal. Maybe Rosebud will see it.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Rolls:

SM, G1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
SM, G2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
P, G3: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 4 = 17
P, G4: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12
P, G5: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 4 = 25

The stone arch is easy enough to see, but Rosebud doesn't find any way to enter the structure from above, nor any sign of the Anvil of the Unmaking from where she flies.

"I'm not leaving my post, no way. Go find him yourself. Second floor," the guard is dismissive as he makes his way to the northern set of double doors. "And don't b~*~+!## me with your 'notes'," he grunts at Morvena. "That crazy magic juju causes more trouble than its worth!" The two guards go back to their patrol, your successful deception leaving you free to enter the keep.

Beyond the doors, narrow windows on the east side of a long, chilly hall look out over the Menador Gap. The black-and-red Asmodean tapestries that hang on the walls ripple gently in the draft.

Sitting at one of the tables are three off-duty soldiers playing cards, all three of which stop and reach for their weapons as you enter. "What the hell is she doing here?" One guard stares sidelong at Nox. "Isn't that Barzillai's she-devil? And with quite the entourage, too. Did the Commander call for reinforcements?" They stand up, halbreds at the ready, waiting for answers.

Menador Keep


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

The Carnelian Signet waves the guards goodbye. "So long. Keep up the good work!" she chuckles.

Once they are out of earshot, she turns a bit more serious. "Keep your eyes peeled for that anvil. We know where the prisoners are. We find them, establish an exit route, then bring everything tumbling down. I can't sweet talk my way past all of the guards, you know."

"Like these three."

Issil takes a quick look around the hall.
Might be time for some action.

She looks at Nox. "Nox, what say you? Are they prepared for action? For a sudden invasion? Or do they lazily feed off of Thrune's many generous gifts?"
Bluff to pass secret message: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

So, do you want me to knock these guys out, or do we keep talking?


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Nox nods at the Red Lady to shut the door "Its apparent they're lazy loafers shirking their duties to play cards." Her hand glows with sparks as she steps forward, reaching out to grab the right guard by the neck, sending 10,000 volts through his body.

"These lazy ones need to be replaced... Immediately."

Shocking Grasp, Metal:CL Check/Damage: 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 3 = 301d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 245d6 + 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6, 5, 4) + (6, 2, 3, 4) = 35


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Sense Motive (secret message): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Geoffrey nods imperceptibly to Issil's words, hand straying to his blade as he watches how the other guards react to 'Nox' here.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Rolls:

G1, SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
G2, SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
G3, SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The guards look at each other, dumbfounded at the true meaning behind The Carnelian Signet's message. "An invasion? What? We need to alert the Commander, immediately!" The guard turns to make for the door to his west. He only takes a single step before Victor grabs his neck and zaps the soldier to death.

"You bastards! What is this, a mutiny?" The two guards train their halbreds on Victor. "Intruders, in the common room!"

Initiative:

Morvena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Padraig: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Geoffrey: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Issil: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Victor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Rosebud: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Round 1
Rosebud
Padraig
Issil
Geoffrey

Red Goon
Victor
Morvena
Green Goon

Bold is up

Environmental Conditions: None

Party Buffs: None

Menador Keep - Common Room


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

The Carnelian Signet giggles and waves her hands about. "Tsk tsk. You must always keep your guard up, lest invaders overwhelm you!"

Issil concentrates her energy and begins to conjure a fireball... but a Merciful one that deals nonlethal damage.

Time to use my Merciful Spell feat. This fireball will deal nonlethal damage. Reflex Save DC 17 to halve.

Nonlethal Fire Damage: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 5) = 30

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Oh, s&*@! Pádraig Henry starts singing and casts good hope on the team.

Inspire Courage +2 competence bonus on attack/damage rolls, +2 morale bonus on saves vs fear and charm effects.
Good Hope +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Oh, s+%*! When she hears Pádraig Henry start singing, Rosebud knows whatever passed for the team's 'plan' has fallen into the proverbial chamber pot.

The lyrakien whistles to get Pavan's attention and points toward the sound of singing. She casts divine favor and flies for the open door the team had entered, nocking an arrow to her bow.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Actually we got farther than I thought we would...

Geoffrey steps forward here, brandishing his trident here.

Maybe we can take a prisoner here!

Draw trident, activate Boots of Speed as free action (charges 9/10).
Attack Green, Power Attack for Non-lethal.
Trident, IC, GH, haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 18; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (3) = 25
Trident, IC, GH, haste, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 22; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (1) = 21
Hasted Trident, IC, GH, haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 26; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (1) = 25

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Guard Red, Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Guard Green, Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
The guards shield themselves behind their halbreds as Issil's merciful fireball engulfs them. Rosebud rushes into the commotion just as Pádraig fills the common area with an inspiring ballad, singing of of the Silver Ravens' successes so far.

Geoffrey kicks his boots together, moving with unnatural speed as he comes around both guards with the side of his trident, knocking them unconscious.

Two doors lining the hallway you had entered from swing open, with two more Menador Soldiers behind each of them. "What the hell?!" From the courtyard, the two that The Carnelian Signet had previously fooled rush in. "The only thing you're gonna be inspecting is the tip of my polearm!" They taunt.

New Initiative:

Guards, d4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Round 2
Rosebud
Padraig
Issil
Geoffrey
Victor
Morvena

Menador Soldiers

Bold is up

Environmental Conditions: Note the small doorways next to the yellow and black soldiers (hard to see on a crowded map)

Party Buffs: Good Hope, Inspire Courage

Menador Keep - Common Room

___
I found this really freakin' cool 3D art of the keep. The arrow is the common room where you are right now. Should make it much easier to visualize. I'll leave it up for reference during your travels through the Keep.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

thrusts his rapier twice through the door at the sallow-skinned man-at-arms, missing twice in the crowded foyer of the common room.
+1 mithral rapier, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 141d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
+1 mithral rapier, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Man, it sure is crowded in here. I'm going to get some fresh air." The Carnelian Signet steps out, only to find two more men with their weapons drawn. She laughs. "Now now, boys. You can't whip those out on the first date! Put those toys away before I spank you and send you home."

She casts Admonishing Ray and hurls two bolts of nonlethal energy at the men before her. She will attack green first, then blue if green falls. Adding Good Hope and Inspire Courage.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 21
Non Lethal Damage: 4d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 5) + 2 + 2 = 19

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 23
Non Lethal Damage: 4d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 4) + 2 + 2 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Hmm...this is getting entirely inappropriate," Morvena remarks as she takes a step back and away from the guard looming in the nearby door. "I believe you all need to 'slow your roll', as they say in the current vernacular!"

She then begins casting and attempts slow their attackers down!
______________

Morvena casts Slow with a DC 18 Will to resist. They should be close enough for her to get all 6 at once~


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Spellcraft DC18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Victor/Nox's face falls flat when he sees Morvena cast a spell and realizes quickly its not his favorite shot of speed. Instead she heads around and opens a door he hopes will put the enemy at a disadvantage.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"I got this one," Geoffrey nods to Padraig as he steps next to the halfling, striking at the guard pestering him.

5' step. Attack Yellow, Power Attack for Non-lethal.
Trident, IC, GH, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 30; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (2) = 26
Trident, IC, GH, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 16; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (2) = 24
If Padraig provides soft cover to them then deduct -2 from his attack rolls. Also remember Geoff has Vanguard Ward in effect.
.

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus (+2) to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Guard Yellow, Will vs Slow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Guard Pink, Will vs Slow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Guard Black, Will vs Slow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Guard White, Will vs Slow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Guard Green, Will vs Slow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Guard Blue, Will vs Slow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The grunts and shouts of all but one of the guards slows just as their movements do, leaving them less able to defend themselves.

Yellow shrugs off Pádraig's attack, but Geoffrey thrusts his trident between a gap in the halfling's legs and into the soldier's ankle!

Victor swings around the upper door, opening it up to reveal the rest of guardhouse, containing tables, chairs, and beds.

Outside, Issil delivers a twin whipping to the green-eyed guard, knocking him out.

She then hears an awful groaning of wood and metal from above, and looks up at the battlements to note two teams of three soldiers operating two heavy, castle-defending ballistae. The two groups aim the ballistae at Issil. "FIRE!"

Heavy Ballista vs Issil, Non-proficient, targeting platform: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 = 11
Heavy Ballista vs Issil, Non-proficient, targeting platform: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 = 13
... And two leg-sized bolts impale the ground next to Issil's feet, yet she remains unscathed!

GM Rolls:

Purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Orange: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Yellow, Halbred vs Pádraig: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Black, Halbred vs Geoffrey, Slowed: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 1 = 91d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The guards retaliate as much as they can in the cramped space, which isn't much, given that they're all moving slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter. Geoffrey and Pádraig both dodge their attacks.

But as if that weren't enough, the door to the northeast opens, and out come two streaks of long, oily ooze that undulate like serpents, stretching out along the ground towards Morvena... Kn. Dungeoneering DC 19 for Lore

Round 3
Rosebud (needs Round 2 and 3 actions)
Pádraig
Issil
Geoffrey
Victor
Morvena

Yellow (26 NL)
Black (Slow)
Pink (Slow)
White (Slow)
Blue (Slow)
Green
Orange
Purple

Bold is up

Environmental Conditions: Note the small doorways next to the yellow and black soldiers (hard to see on a crowded map).
Also note the battlements above, where Issil now sees six soldiers operating ballistae. While they are not in the initiative tracker, they can be targeted by ranged fire and will act with the rest of the enemy block.

Party Buffs: Good Hope, Inspire Courage

Menador Keep - Common Room


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil does a quick two-step as the ballista bolts land near her. "It's not the first time someone missed! The Carnelian Signet knows no bounds!"

She proceeds to slap the Blue-clad guard silly. I'm assuming Blessed Fist is still active. I cast it before we began bluffing our way in. Should last 8 minutes.

I'm going to try to disarm the blue guy. This provokes an AoO. I'm also using Combat Expertise.
AC is 24 this round because of Combat Expertise

Disarm attempt, Blessed Fist, Good Hope, Inspire Courage vs CMD: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 29

"And now you're on time out. Go home and get some sleep, boy."

Blessed Fist: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 23
Nonlethal Damage, Blessed Fist: 1d3 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 8

She slaps the agent across the face before retreating back into the doorway. "How fares things here?"

AC is 24 this round because of Combat Expertise


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Round 2
Acrobatics to avoid AoO, if necessary: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Rosebud flies through the crowded foyer and into the common room, flying as close to the ceiling as she can, trying to avoid getting swatted out of the air.

Then she looses an arrow at the Thrune stooge in navy blue.
+1 Blackwood Longbow, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 241d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 3
Monster Lore, Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC19 re snakes: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 3 = 21
Spying the slippery snakes, Rosebud warns the team, "Watch out! Those are __________!"

Milani's inquisitor looses an arrow at the orange snake.
+1 Blackwood Longbow, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry thrusts his rapier twice more through the door at the sallow-skinned man-at-arms, his aim significantly more precise this time.
+1 mithral rapier, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 201d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
+1 mithral rapier, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kn. Dungeoneering (DC 19; Good Hope): 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 2 = 26 Special Attacks, please.

"Indeed! Watch out for their _____ !" Morvena warns as she finally begins casting the spell of Victor's dreams, speeding everyone up before falling back to stand near Rosebud and Victor.
______________

Morv will cast Haste this time~


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey grunts in disgust here as he finds the group surrounded. Wonderful... He continues his attacks though seeing the guards as the true threat here.

Attack Yellow, Power Attack for Non-lethal. If Yellow drops then shift to Black. Current AC 25
Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 20; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (4) = 27
Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 22; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (4) = 26
Hasted Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 17; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (6) = 24

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus (+2) to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"Ah there it is... so sweet... so juicy... so sexy!" Nox dances away at hyper speed, fully involved in SPEED and ready for wanton destruction.

She dips and ducks between two guards, eager to sink her dagger into the back of the yellow guard's neck since Padraig has him distracted. "Best you all just lay down your arms, you've been fired for being lazy and inept. Please leave your weapons at the door."

Acrobatics to avoid Pink AOO: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Flank, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 191d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 + (2, 2, 3, 4) = 25

AC28 for the round. If that hits and doesn't kill the guard, reduce his chance to hit by 2/4 vs Victor.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC19 re snakes: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Rosebud flutters up towards the ceiling, launching an arrow at the blue-clad soldier.

AoO vs Issil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Issil rips the halbred from the same soldier's grasp, tossing it across the courtyard, then follows it up with a humiliating slap across the face before retreating away from ballista fire.

Pádraig cuts the blonde soldier down with two more slashes before Victor can get there, so Victor turns on the guard who seems to be permanently blushing pink at the sight of Nox. Make up? Attraction? Who knows. Vic just barely misses him.

Geoffrey strikes more accurately with his trident, and the soldier crumples down at his feet, unconscious.

Both Rosebud and Morvena identify the slithering trackers, though these two look much more developed than the ones they had heard of. Perhaps feeding on so many halflings has advanced their growth. They have the grab and blood drain (1d2 Con) special attacks. Unlike most monsters, these things can grab creatures much, much larger than themselves.

Pink, Halbred vs Victor, Slow: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 191d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
White, Halbred vs Geoffrey, Slow: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 161d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Both guards still in the guardhouses miss Vic and Geoff, while the guard outside pulls out a bow, and Morvena finds herself surrounded by oozes...

Round 4
Rosebud
Pádraig
Issil
Geoffrey
Victor
Morvena

Yellow (Unconscious)
Black (Unconscious)
Pink Soldier (Slow)
White Soldier (Slow)
Blue Soldier (Slow, Disarmed of halbred, -5, 8 NL)
Green (Unconscious)
Orange Slithering Tracker
Purple Slithering Tracker

Bold is up

Environmental Conditions: None

Party Buffs: Good Hope, Inspire Courage, Haste

Menador Keep


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Rosebud looses two arrows at the orange slithering tracker.
+1 Blackwood Longbow, haste, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 231d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
+1 Blackwood Longbow, haste, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 271d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"I'll save you, Morvena!" Pádraig Henry steps toward the orange slithering tracker, thrusting his rapier at the menacing ooze.
+1 mithral rapier, haste, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 151d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
+1 mithral rapier, haste, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 281d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
+1 mithral rapier, haste, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"Thanks Padraig." Geoffrey nods to the halfling as he steps back and lets the black soldier have it.

Attack White, Power Attack for Non-lethal. If White drops then target Orange Tracker. Current AC 25.
Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 17; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (5) = 27
Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 20; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (2) = 19
Hasted Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 33; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (4) = 28

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus (+2) to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

The Carnelian Signet laughs and cartwheels away from Mister Blue. Her hasted speed puts her in the right place.

Acrobatics vs Mister White: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

She looks curiously at the slithering creatures before blowing a gout of flame at both of them.

Issil casts Buirning Hands at them. Reflex Save DC 15 for half damage.

Fire Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 2, 3) = 15

"And I'm certain these guards are simply changing shifts? Everyone here is simply comfortable with these things slithering around? Not a single report on them, for shame!"


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Nox smiles and waves at the dumbstruck guard, then sticks him three times in the belly with her dagger. "Sorry, no time for chit chat."

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 341d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 11

+1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 181d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 12

Haste: +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 271d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 14

Crit? +1 Lawful Outsider Bane Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Good Hope, Haste, Expertise: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 301d4 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 12

AC28 for the round.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Hmm, this is unfortunate," Morvena remarks as she finds herself boxed in by the slithering trackers. Then she simply spins on her heel and disappears with a *pop*, only to reappear about 10 feet behind Issil.

"Forgive me for not sticking close Padraig, but I believe I can be more effective at a distance - and speaking of distance, be wary that they do not grab you!"

She briefly considers attempting to drop the pair of trackers into a pit but thinks better of further dividing the battlefield in such a way. Instead, she conjures a burst of light to engulf Purple - and possibly Orange if she can do so without harming Rosebud.

Burst of Radiance (If Evil): 5d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 2, 2) = 11
If Blinded, duration is...: 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds
If Dazzled, duration is...: 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds
______________

Morv will spend a reservoir point to Dimensional Slide to her current map position (doesn't provoke) and then will cast Burst of Radiance; she'll definitely tag Purple and will also tag Orange if Rosebud is up high enough to avoid the effect. DC 17 Reflex to be dazzled instead of blinded~

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Reflex vs Burning Hands, Orange: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Reflex vs Burning Hands, Purple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Reflex vs BoR, Orange: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Reflex vs BoR, Purple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

As Morvena jumps to safety via her pocket portal, Pádraig and Rosebud team up on the oozy form, punching holes through its goopiness.

Geoffrey and Victor take down two more guards, one of them lethally wounded by the ruthless Nox!

Issil scrambles out into the main part of the common room, unleashing a blast of fire the burns away chunks of the stalkers. After stepping out of her portal, Morvena conjures a bright blast of light, though it seems to have limited effects on the creatures.

"Ooour fooorces aaare eeeendless!" The guard yells in slow motion. He aims his crossbow, and unleashes a bolt that flies towards Geoffrey with a deafening screech that fills the keep. If anyone in the place was sleeping before, they aren't anymore! Geoffrey, Pádraig, and Rosebud need a DC 14 Will save or they're shaken for one round
Heavy crossbow vs Geoff, Slow: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 111d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Slam vs Pádraig: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 161d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Slam vs Pádraig: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Slam vs Issil: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Both oozes rise up like serpents, striking at Pádraig and Issil and missing by a wide margin.

The door to the northwest opens, and out charge three more soldiers.

Round 5
Rosebud
Pádraig
Issil
Geoffrey
Victor
Morvena

Yellow (Unconscious)
Black (Unconscious)
Pink Soldier (Dead)
White (Unconscious)
Blue Soldier (Slow, Disarmed of halbred, -5, 8 NL)
Green (Unconscious)
Black Striped
Yellow Striped
Pink Striped
Orange Slithering Tracker (-32)
Purple Slithering Tracker (-15)

Bold is up

Environmental Conditions: None

Party Buffs: Good Hope, Inspire Courage, Haste

Menador Keep

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Die, worm!" Pádraig Henry thrusts his rapier into the orange slithering tracker.
+1 mithral rapier, haste, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 191d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
+1 mithral rapier, haste, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 311d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
+1 mithral rapier, haste, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 171d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

If the orange one dies, the bard will take a 5ft-step and attack the purple ooze.


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

With three more men-at-arms storming into the common room, the tiny inquisitor decides it's time to render judgment, destruction. *Thwap! Thwap!* Rosebud looses two coordinated shots at the purple slithering tracker attacking Issil.
+1 Blackwood Longbow, haste, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, PBS, Coordinated Shot, Inspire Courage; Judgment of Destruction, Damage: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 311d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
+1 Blackwood Longbow, haste, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, PBS, Coordinated Shot, Inspire Courage; Judgment of Destruction, Damage: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 331d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Then the lyrakien azata flies a few feet south, near the ceiling at the base of the staircase.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil takes a few steps away from the squiggly thing. She considers her options.

-Burning Hands? No, not close enough.
-Fireball? No I'll catch Rosebud.
-Wall of Fire? No everyone will get wiped out.

Issil smiles and conjures a Spiritual Ally to defend her.

The spiritual ally takes its longsword and swings at the purple ooze.

Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 0 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 1 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 0 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"Endless, but not very bright!"


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Will save DC 14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Geoffrey shakes off the ringing in his ears, and considers briefly their options which are not good.

Last thing I wanted was to get involved in a pitched battle here!

He sidesteps Padraig and stabs at the orange snake, commanding his weapon to suppress its non lethal qualities.

5' step, Attack Orange Snake, Power Attack. If Padraig kills the snake then he will step to attack Blue, using non lethal. Current AC 25.
Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 20; Piercing damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 21
Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 18; Piercing damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 22
Hasted Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 30; Piercing damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 = 21

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus (+2) to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Whoops! Missed the call for the Will saves.
Pádraig Henry Will DC14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Rosebud Will DC14: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Nox races past Geoffrey with a hand full of electricity "Get in there and help, I'll finish off this crazy lazy out here!" Zoom Zoom! The sounds of screaming mixed with burnt hair smell flow through the door soon after. Zotting blue, AC28 for the round.

Shocking Grasp, Metal, Inspire, Hope, Haste, Expertise/CL Check/Damage: 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 271d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 275d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 6, 5) = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

That is a lie; there can only be so many individuals garrisoned here at any one time.

Still largely unperturbed by the oncoming guards Morvena takes another step back and begins casting again, spending more of her innate power to quickly summon her hound archon friend again.

"Our forces are endless as well!"
______________

Morv takes a 5 foot step back and spends 4 reservoir points to cast Summon Monster IV as a standard action~


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 65/68 | AC: 21, T 17, FF 13 | CMD 31 | F +9, R +13, W +2 | Immune: Elemental Traits | DR: 5/- | Speed: Fly 100 ft. (Perfect) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft. | Active Conditions: Whirlwind

Archie the Hound Archon pops up on the other side of the orange slithering tracker, greatsword in his hand.

"MORE evil!? I will vanquish you!"

Attack vs. Orange (Greatsword; Augment Summoning, Flank, PA): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 3) + 12 = 20

Attack vs. Orange (Greatsword; Augment Summoning, Flank, PA): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 3) + 12 = 18

Attack vs. Orange (Bite; Augment Summoning, Flank, PA): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
______________

Hostiles within a 20 ft. radius of Archie need to make a DC 16 Will vs. his Aura of Menace or take a -2 penalty to attacks, AC, and saves. He also has a constant Magic Circle against Evil SLA in effect.

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

The ooze's body writhes horribly at the party's onslaught, but it's Geoffrey that gets the killing blow, reducing the tracker into a very still puddle of goop.

The room gets a little busier as Archie the Hound Archon shimmers into existence atop a table, along with Issil's spiritual pal.
Yellow, Will Save vs Aura: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Pink, Will Save vs Aura: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Black, Will Save vs Aura: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
... Just the appearance of the powerful human-dog hybrid is enough to cause the guards to shake in their boots.

Orange is down, so I'll redirect Archie's attack on Purple. I hope that's okay!
Archie lifts his blade high and takes down the second of the two oozes, further thinning the Keep's defenses...

GM Rolls:

Who?: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Who?: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Crossbow vs Rosebud, AoM: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 = 211d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Crossbow vs Archie, AoM: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 2 = 131d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Halbred vs Archie, AoM: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 2 = 141d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
The soldiers scramble to the back of the room, struggling to aim properly, thrown off by the intimidating hound archon standing in the room. One screaming bolt finds its way to Rosebud's wing, though the wound is minor. If 21 beats her AC, Rosebud needs a DC 14 Will Save or is Shaken for 1 round

Round 6
Rosebud (-6?)
Pádraig
Issil
Geoffrey
Victor
Morvena + Archie

Black Striped
Yellow Striped
Pink Striped

Bold is up

Environmental Conditions: None

Party Buffs: Good Hope, Inspire Courage, Haste

Menador Keep


CG Female Lyrakien Azata Inquisitor (vigilant defender) 3 | HP 39/40 | AC 21 / 18 T / 16 FF | CMD 15 | Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +12 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 12) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Spells: 0 - 6/6; 1 - 2/4 | Elysium's Call (1 round, 6/day) | Protect the Faithful (1 ally, +1 bonus, 1/day | Judgment 0/1 | Init +11 | Conditions: freedom of movement, heroism, divine favor, haste

Fortitude DC14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
The screaming bolt nicks Rosebud's wing, but it's enough to leave her shaken.

(DR5/evil, so -1hp?)

She aims her bow at the pink-cheeked man-at-arms and fires two shafts.
Shaken, +1 Blackwood Longbow, haste, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, PBS, Coordinated Shot, Inspire Courage; Judgment of Destruction, Damage: 1d20 + 21 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 21 - 2 = 201d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Shaken, +1 Blackwood Longbow, haste, heroism, divine favor & Fate's Favored, PBS, Coordinated Shot, Inspire Courage; Judgment of Destruction, Damage: 1d20 + 21 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 21 - 2 = 291d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry races up to the yellow-bellied man-at-arms and stabs him with his rapier.
+1 mithral rapier, haste, good hope, Inspire Courage; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 321d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Critt!? Additional Damage, if confirmed: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 191d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

GM Red:
Apparently I am waayyy too old school...I keep thinking the trident is a Reach weapon. Could we say this is a longer Trident that has reach?

Geoffrey doesn't waste any time here as he moves to engage the reinforcements.

Move to map position, Attack Yellow Striped. PA for non-lethal. Current AC 25.
Trident, IC, GH, Haste, PA: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 23; NL damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 9 + (1) = 23

Vanguard Ward:
While using Vanguard Style, when an adjacent ally is attacked or required to make a Reflex saving throw, you can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to use both Bodyguard and Vanguard Style to protect that ally. You can also lose your shield bonus (+2) to AC to grant your ally a shield bonus to AC of the same value for as long as that ally gains a bonus to Reflex saves from Vanguard Style.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"And another falls!" Issil runs right up to the remaining three guards. "My my. You choose the wrong day to slack off."

I see they have crossbows, so this shouldn't provoke.

Issil casts Burning Hands yet again, blowing flame from her lips across all three foes.

Reflex Save DC 15 for half damage. No time for Merciful Spell, so this is lethal.

Fire Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 2, 1) = 9

5,151 to 5,200 of 5,487 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.