Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune! (Inactive)

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


5,451 to 5,487 of 5,487 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Looking over the list of Padraig's gear, Geoffrey will claim the cold iron arrows, all of them if you don't mind.

Geoffrey countenance is a solemn one as he notes the reception received by the group. "I have a feeling our stroke of good luck is coming to an end. Thrune cannot allow the destruction of that Keep to go unchallenged. I fear as to what his reprisal will entail."

Turning his attention to Octavio he asks, "Have you seen any signs of Barzilia intending to strike at us imminently?"


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor takes a seat then draws out a couple cheese danishes he liberated from Thrune supported bakery on the way here. "Howdy. Some new recruits?" He gestures at Perren and his half pint compadres. I'm pretty sure the halfling food stuffs only ever saw Victor as Nox. Maybe SHC as well.

His question is quickly interrupted by some thrashing from his pack as Vendalflek chews his way out of the top and wriggles his way free "Don't you dare try hiding danishes from a dragon!" He squeaks (loudly of course) before snatching one and flying up to a rafter to eat.

Turning back to the Halflings he adds "I'm Victor. Where are you all from and what are your names?" Padraig invites anyone and everything to join our ranks.. does he vet anyone? NO... guess I'll have to.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morv will take the Lesser Extend Rod if Issil doesn't want it.

"As much as I would love to relax even for just a day or two, Geoffrey's concern is valid. Causing trouble within the city itself is one thing but now that we've shown ourselves willing to expand beyond its limits with our antics Thrune will realize we are not to be ignored," Morvena nods as she sinks down into a waiting chair, happy to take a load off even for just a few minutes.

"What news have you for us? Much can happen in a week..."

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map
Geoffrey wrote:
"Have you seen any signs of Barzillai intending to strike at us imminently?"

"Always straight to business," Octavio looks satisfied. "I have not seen any outward signs, and it concerns me. He has acknowledged your presence, even given you gifts, yet for now, he remains quiet. Except... Not really."

Lady Docur clears her throat, takes out a red envelope and lays it on the table. "All of Kintargo might as well have been invited to Thrune's very public masquerade ball, The Ruby Masquerade. Business owners, nobles, the rich and the poor. Many of your supporters even received invitations. As a result, Thrune's reputation is on the rise."

She turns to Issil with a grim smile. "Oh, my thanks for asking about my school and our students. Hetamon here is a long-standing ally of mine, and invited me to attend."

Heta-who? Oh! You look over at Hetamon Haace, the tiefling leader of the Cult of Milani who had lead you to the Temple Hill Slasher.

Lady Docur continues. "As you've heard, my school has been shuttered for some time. Barzillai has been terrible for business. I have had no choice but to shut the doors to keep him out." The Lady holds her head high. "It sounds odd, I know. On the outside, it appears I teach the ways of the elves. Yet, I actually lead a society of gifted individuals who would, without my guidance, be outcasts at best."

"The point is that one of the most important factors in my own work being such a leader is that I have maintained excellent relations with the city's elite. The nobles. Wouldn't it be prudent to now focus on building your relationship with some of the nobles here in Kintargo, while at the same time..."

"Securing your own invitations to tomorrow night's ball." Octavio finishes. "Why, you may ask? What could Thrune possibly intend to do by inviting dozens of people that do not even like him, yet not invite the four of you? I do not like the smell of it."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"A mass culling of some sort," Morvena answers with a visible shudder. "Whether they are all arrested or executed on the spot or simply disappeared...it does not really matter. What better way to rid the city of many of our supporters and make an example for those that remain or who might otherwise have joined us?"

Her fists clench. "No, we must not allow it. Do you believe that some of the other nobles in the city might be willing to aid us in accessing the Ruby Masquerade, Lady Docur? If so, where would you recommend we begin?"


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Are we sure this isn't a trap?" Issil begins glamouring her armor. "I mean, he's begging us to crash the party. Which I gladly will. There must be a few nobles who will be willing to trade places with us."

Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Never rolls well.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"Great...another masquerade we need to attend here," Geoffrey grunts in displeasure. "Think I would prefer open warfare in the streets than yet another waste of time here..."

"If this is a trap, then it would be best to spring it back on Thrune, wouldn't you say," Geoffrey shrugs in reply, "Be better if we knew more of what lies in wait. What were the other nobles told about the reasons for giving this party?"


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor's gaze drifts away from the halflings as talk of a party erupts "I love me a party. Any way you can get us a guest list? Too bad its tomorrow night, so much planning..." His mind starts racing with all the possibilities of who he should attend as.

Lucian? Ya, not likely to go unnoticed... Pug? Nah, who'd invite that guy! Maybe it'll be best to show up in someone's stead who was actually invited.

"We've got some shopping to do, especially since everything's so last minute." He sits and ponders quietly as the meeting continues.

Ya, certainly going to need to try to get glamored armor and quick!


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Certainly it is likely to be a trap - or at least I am sure they will have something prepared on the chance that we do show up," Morvena replies, a slight tinge of bitterness to her voice. "But what choice do we have?"


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

At some point when Morv has a chance she'll try again to identify/appraise a couple of things we couldn't figure out earlier. Just marking them under a spoiler to save time.

Identification~:

(1) Unidentified Arrows --> Take 10 Spellcraft for 26.
(2) Lacy White Dress --> Appraise (DC 20): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Octavio grunts along with Geoffrey. "Attending parties seems like such a waste of time, I agree. Still, this seems like another rare opportunity to keep an eye on Thrune." Octavio takes out an invitation of his own. Even a Hellknight got invited to this thing?

"I don't believe it should be difficult to obtain your own invitations given how many people were invited. I suggested the nobles as a strategy to earn their favor at the same time, but I suppose you could always ask some of your supporters for their invitations. Here, have a look." Lady Docur opens up the invitation, showing it to Morvena.

Citizens of Kintargo,
I, Lord-Mayor Barzillai Thrune, invite you to join me for the party of all parties, the night of all nights: The Ruby Masquerade!

Come and enjoy a feast-filled night of camaraderie, dancing, and most important of all, my official announcement of a kinder, gentler plan for Kintargo!

At the bottom of the card is some fine print indicating the event begins at curfew tomorrow (9 PM) and runs until midnight. Attendees must wear a mask and incorporate something red into their outfits.

"There are eight noble houses, but I would not bother with Houses Aulorian, Delronge, Sarini, or Tanessen, all staunch supporters of the Lord-Mayor, and unlikely to change their minds," the Lady frowns. It's not like she knows Morvena or Issil's backgrounds.

"That leaves Houses Jarvis, Jhaltero, Vashnarstill, and Aulamaxa."

"As for myself," Lady Docur sits up straight, folding her hands together. "I and my... students intend to begin supporting your cause immediately. I know enough to know when it is time to stand against Thrune's plans, and that time is now."

____
Mechanically speaking, it is not necessary to try and win over the nobles, but the option remains open, and will aid the Silver Ravens going forward. Ok time for me to get the shopping resolved...


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil snorts as Lady Ducor mentions her family name. "Yeah, don't trust those dirty Tanessens." She rubs her brooch and laughs.

"Anyway, red? No problem." Issil has been glamouring her armor this whole while. "But the other houses probably can be messed with. Which one is the easiest to bend?"

She thinks carefully.
Not sure if I can reroll to know about the other houses, but...
K Nobility: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

She begins paying attention once Lady Ducor finishes up. "I can't wait to meet the ladies again. And your lessons are free while you're supporting the Silver Ravens. Right Pádraig?"


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"No...approaching the Sarinis would certainly be counterproductive to our goals," Morvena agrees with a thin, humorless smile. "That said, I do personally think that getting some of the more amenable families on our side - or at least to remain neutral - would be in our best interests. The only question would be who we should try contacting first?"

Morvena also thinks to what she knows of these potential allies: Jarvis, Jhaltero, Vashnarstill, Aulaxmaxa.

Not sure if one check will cover them all or if you need an individual check for each family, so...

Kn. Nobility Rolls:

If a single roll suffices, use this first roll.

Kn. Nobility: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

If each family needs a check, here we go.

Kn. Nobility (Jarvis): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Kn. Nobility (Jhaltero): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Kn. Nobility (Vashnarstill): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Kn. Nobility (Aulamaxa): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor pulls out his inks and paper and starts making them all their own generic invitations to the ball. "There's probably a stack of these in someone's office, but seems easy enough to make a copy or 10 for ourselves right? No reason we can't have a PILE of us show up, just in case." He looks around at all the other conspirators.

Linguistics: Forgery (copy), dun dun DUN!: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 2 = 26


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

"Lovely, Morvena!" Geoffrey smiles, though clearly his heart is not in it. "I am SOOO looking forward to this..."

Decciding to distract himself from the unpleasantness ahead he decides to assist Morvena in seeing which noble families would be receptive to their cause...

Kn. Nobility (Aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

Yep you have the right idea. Each family has their own interests and can be persuaded, especially if your character is similarly interested in such things. A Kn. Nobility check can be made for each house, with one DC to learn their interests/relevant skills, and another to learn how the Silver Ravens can instead influence them as a group. I'm reminded of trying to convince the Quahs in a recent PFS game...

GM Screen, Vic's Forgery Shh:

Forge: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 2 = 27

Victor gets to work forging invitations of the party's own. Morvena, Issil, and Geoffrey think on what they know of the nobles. It's possible to either try to impress the nobles individually, or have the Silver Ravens perform an action for the week (current or future).

House Jarvis, is a family known for their interest in architecture, stonemasonry, and city planning. Lead by Baroness Belcara Jarvis, unusually passionate about architecture and one of the friendliest leaders of the noble houses. Morvena even knows of her secret obsession with Cayden Cailean.
Skills to influence: Craft (Carpentry, Stonemasonry), Profession (Architect or related), or Diplomacy to show your sophistication and social graces all work.
Silver Ravens' Action to influence: Alternatively, agreeing to have the Silver Ravens Reduce Danger and having it succeed by 10 or more for a week.

House Jhaltero's leader Baron Canton Jhaltero is ferociously protective of his family, and a shrewd judge of character. The family is keen on learning, and is impressed by anyone with especially esoteric knowledge. They also like silver.
Skills to influence: Knowledge (Any) to show off your big brain, Sense Motive to demonstrate your skill in reading social cues/motivations
Silver Ravens' Action to influence: ?

House Vashnarstill's Baron Sendi V. is a greedy, sleazy, yet worldly man, or so he likes to call himself. While the family is interested in trade, fishing and shipbuilding, the Baron is impressed by verbal acrobatics, innuendo, and skill with language.
Skills to influence: Bluff, Linguistics
Silver Ravens Action to influence: Using the Earn Gold rebellion action to earn more than 50 gp with a single roll.

Finally, House Aulamaxa's Archbaroness Eldonna Aulamaxa is both flirtatious and gossipy, but her real passion is her beloved (and aggressive) poodle Harcule. The family is passionate about opera, hunting, and public opinion.
Skills to influence: Survival, Perform (Sing)
Silver Ravens Action to influence: ?

Apologies, I know this is a lot of information. I have created a new sheet with this information. If you met the DC to learn the Silver Ravens' action, I've also added that. Again, it's not necessary to convince all of the houses before attending the Masquerade and likely that you wouldn't have enough time for Lady Docur to setup each meeting. Shall we pick one or two for now?


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil thinks about what she's heard in each family.

"Baron Sendi loves to be taken for a ride. We can mess with him directly. Vic here can probably lie better than I can." She laughs.

"Social cues is my life. Baron Jhaltero is a juicy one."

"House Jarvis is also a good bite. I'm no carpenter, but I know how to talk to people."

She sighs. "Perfect time for Pádraig to go underground. One of his songs and the Archbaroness would have melted in front of him. Then again the last time he did this he couldn't walk for a few days."

That's my order of preference.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey nods, "Sounds like a plan Issil. I'll just in the back and look pretty for them. I think I can handle that."

Works for me Issil.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Geoff, you're always pretty. But maybe we should take the spotlight this time." She grins.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Hah! Yes, I agree with Issil. Since the good Lady Docur is correct that we do not have a great deal of time on our hands, we should approach only the one or two that we are likely to have the greatest rapport with," Morvena nods. "Baron Vashnarstill and Baron Jhaltero seem the most likely, based on what we know."


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

"I can talk a cat out of a fish dinner. A slug off a fresh porcini, and a sober school marm into a dry martini. Just give me the word." He smiles before throwing a rolled up wet napkin at the back of Geoff's head, just for fun.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

"Then it is settled," Lictor Octavio leans forward and starts reading out the mission plan. "You have already been successful abroad, especially with the Keep's destruction, but now is the time to spread our will to the most influential of Kintargo. Lady Docur will setup meetings with Houses Vashnarstill and Jhaltero as soon as possible with the goal of aligning them with our cause. A second goal will be getting them to provide a spare invitation, or four. Failing that, those faked ones seem pretty convincing, to my eyes."

"There should be enough time to do that in preparation of tomorrow night's Masquerade. I will be there, as will the Lady."

"We're coming too, if we can pass with those forgeries." Pádraig smiles, Rosebud fluttering over Victor as he works. "I'm sure it'll be a grand night, filled with song and dance."

Lady Docur stands up. "I'll go immediately to House Vashnarstill and arrange the meeting. Meet me at outside their estate in the Greens District in a few hours. Look for the flashy 'V' crest at the gates."

Looks like you've got a bit of time before the meeting to gather up your loot and sell it off at the market.

Another post coming up in a bit!

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

After a few hours sorting through the equipment you had amassed through the trek to Menador Keep and back, you leave the market and pass through the Bleakbridge to the northern end of town and enter the Greens District. Along the road are a number of gated, opulent mansions, each with its own distinct style and presence. You find Lady Docur standing outside the gaudiest of the mansions: a bright two-storey affair with velvety red shutters. A marble walkway speckled with flakes of gold leads up to the front doors, where a sparkling silver crest with the letter 'V' hangs.

"Right on schedule," Lady Docur points at the open doors. "Baron Sendi is expecting you. I told him about the Silver Ravens, and he's open to hearing about the cause. At least, that's what I was able to make of the words I understood. He's a reasonable man, if not a little eccentric." She gulps. "Go on, then."

Any preps? Any disguises for Victor, or is he going in vanilla? Let me know.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil glamours her dress so the red matches the manor a bit better. Her dark red gloves match her ruby heels, and she makes sure her exposed shoulders aren't too dry.

"Lady Ducor, you've done more than enough for us. We'll knock his socks off in no time."

Issil isn't armed, but she is wearing glamoured armor.


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey dresses in a clean outfit but, as befits his status as the ladies' bodyguard, is equipped with his armor and also his customary weapon. This would be a good time to carry that human bane bastard sword here. If it gets confiscated then no big deal, he he. The rest of his weapons he will leave behind, except for a normal dagger.

Geoffrey lets out a low whistle of appreciation at Issil's...fashion sense here. "I think the Baron may forget more than a few words when he sees you Issil. Hopefully that will work to our advantage!" He takes a position back and off to the side of the ladies (and Victor). "Lead the way!"


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena doesn't particularly worry about wearing anything special for the occasion - or glamours - but she does at least take care to make sure that what she does wear *is* clean and her person neat, fresh, and groomed.

As for weapons? She has no need of them.

My mind is my weapon.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor arrives just behind the others, careful to make his introduction a surprise to both the Lady Docur as well as his fellow Silver Ravens. He does come dressed in his finest noble's outfit and associated jewelry from their feast on the nearby isle of debauchery.

"Lars de Crumphhhhtt of Ustalav." He pronounces his last name with a drawn out sloppy lisp, releasing more than a little saliva onto the back of Issil's red dress. "Please announce my presence to the man of the house so that he may receive us promptly." He then stares at the Lady Docur with a bit of a confused look as she isn't acting like a typical servant.

"Very well, I'll have my own handmaiden's announce our arrival. Good day." He bends his knees in what seems to be a bow of sorts before waving the ladies of the Silver Raven's forward to announce their presence. "Swordboy, keep your whits about you and your mouth closed unless needed and I don't want any backtalk this time."


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil considers conjuring a gallon of water above... wait, who is this guy?

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

GM Rolls:

Vic: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 2 = 24
1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 25

Lady Docur looks impressed with Issil's outfit, and a little puzzled at the 'new' addition to the team. "It seems your preparations were quite.. proper. I'm going to speak with House Jhaltero next door, and see if I can get us a bit of time with their own Baron. See you soon."

The party passes through the wide doors and through a grand foyer with a marble spiral staircase. A servant leads you into a lounge with fine mahogany furnishings and plump silvery cushions. A man dressed in a silver-blue coat and frilly pants sits atop a sprawling velvet sofa, his belly testing the strength of the buttons on his stained shirt. Next to him, a halfling servant pulls the stems off cherries one at a time, and places them into the Baron's mouth.

"The Silver Ravens, was it?" The Baron calls as you enter. "You don't appear to be birds, and you aren't wearing much silver. Good cover, I must say. Welcome to..." he pauses to chomp on another grape, some flecks of juice spraying from his mouth. But when he speaks again, he does so in a different language.

Azlanti:

"The home of the Vashnarstills, the most interesting family in all of Kintargo."

Dwarven:

"Nay, in all of Cheliax, I say!"

"Lorru, offer them some cherries, will you? The lady dressed in red is something of a tasty cherry herself," he chomps, staring at Issil. Or perhaps through Issil. "Hope she is not the bitter kind, oh no. All ready for the Masquerade, hmm?"

Nobles Sheet


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil doesn't recognize either language.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
But she trusts her gut, and figures this man is easy to play with. This man like to flirt. "Now now, I do have silver on me, I just keep it hidden. Wouldn't you love to find out where?" she grins and moves forward, closing in on her prey.

Bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
"The Masquerade will be quite a party. I bet Thrune is going to make quite a splash. His gentler, kinder plan sounds nice. I have to admit." She chuckles, ever closer. "But his words have a double meaning. It's not the first time. Right, everyone?" She smiles and turns to her allies, giving them a chance to hop in before she steals the night away.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Lars makes his way into the room, finding his own comfortable spot to lounge in "Nay in all of Cheliax is right." He repeats, pretending to know what the first phrase was.

Bluff: 10 + 18 = 28

"Lars de Crumphhhhtt of Ustalav, pleased to make your acquaintance Baron." He waves the slip over for some of the offered cherries. "Make yourself useful chap and have this brandy prepared to be served." Then speaks to the Baron in an odd gurgling tongue and chuckles as he draws out a fine bottle of alcohol to show the man.

Aquan:
"We've got to keep ourselves hydrated don't we now?"

Time to break out that 100g bottle of brandy!


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Though Morvena doesn't understand the first of the Baron's language changes she at least recognizes the second - as well as the one 'Lars' switches to. And given the context of the Dwarven she can make an educated guess as to the context of the first, unknown language.

"Да, в самом деле. Ваша репутация предшествует вам, барон Vashnarstill," she responds with an assured smile and a respectful bow.

Dwarven:

"Yes, indeed. Your reputation precedes you, Baron Vashnarstill."

She takes a seat, making herself comfortable.

"বা ... ব্যারন Sendi, যদি আপনি পছন্দ করেন। কেবলমাত্র আমরা এখানে ব্যবসায়ের জন্য থাকা মানে এই নয় যে আমরা সবাই একে অপরকে আরও ভাল করে জানতে পারি না, হ্যাঁ?"

Sylvan:

"Or...Baron Sendi, if you prefer. Just because we are here on business does not mean we all cannot get to know each other better, yes?"

"I am Morvena..."

Oh drat! I cannot identify myself as Sarini, can I?

"Asellio. And I too, am pleased to make your acquaintance."

Sovereign Court

Ironfang Invasion | Loot/Provisions | Combat Map

"Oooh. Let's break it open right now." Baron Sendi claps his hands as 'Lars' produces a bottle of fine brandy. "I've sampled fine scotches with flavors harvested from the rugged mountains of the Menador to the hot sands of the Katapesh. Rare brandies trade quite well, I might add," the Baron urges his servant over, and the servant starts pouring cups.

The first taste hits his tongue while the party shows off their own form of worldliness. "Aquan and Sylvan, eh?" He sips, his cheeks already staining with red from the booze. "So you've been around! Very good."

Sylvan:

"Morvena of... Asellio." The Baron furrows his brow. "Where did you pick up on the language of the fey? It's actually not as hard to learn as one might think, with its tiny vocabulary."

"Say, Lars de Crumpht. Haven't heard of you. How is business in Ustalav? Some of the best shipbuilders in Golarion out that way. It's a real shame what Thrune's done with the port, here."

Turning to Issil, the Baron seems to agree. "It definitely has more than one meaning. What's he gonna do, all of a sudden tell the commoners that they can now do as they please? Eliminate the bridge toll and curfew? Dismiss all of the dottari? I doubt it." He shrugs. "It's not really my problem. Can't stand how much the man has slowed trade though."

"What about you?" The Baron turns his gaze on Geoffrey. "Are you merely another servant, instructed not to speak unless spoken to?"
___
You have Two Successes with him so far out of ??? Successes required. :-)


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey returns the man's gaze steadily, flicking a gaze at the other 'Baron' present. Here goes...

He answers in a passable form of the ancient language of the Azlants, before abruptly switching to a more...sinister one.

Azlanti:
"While my good employer merely wishes me to be his...protector, I prefer to think of myself as an actual person. I have always felt it important to be well-versed in languages...such as..."

Infernal:
"The tongue of our foes!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Infernal:

"Oh hey, a language I recognize. Are we talking the tongues of Hell? Grandma taught me to know thy enemy, especially when they wrap plans among plans among plans around their finger."

Elven:
"I know he will choke the trades even further... Hey, do you mind if I cheat a bit? I don't know what everyone is saying, but I can... enhance myself to learn that."
She gives Baron Sendi some puppy dog eyes.

I want to cast Comprehend Languages, but casting magic during a meeting like this?


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"আহ ভালো. যখন কেউ আরকেন আর্ট নিয়ে অধ্যয়ন করে তারা দ্রুত জানতে পারে যে অন্যান্য জিনিসগুলিরও তাদের জ্ঞানকে প্রসারিত করা তাদের পক্ষে সুন্দর করে তোলে।," Morvena replies smoothly.

Sylvan:

"Ah, well. When one studies the arcane arts they quickly find that it behooves them to expand their knowledge of other things as well."

"Забонҳои душманони касе, чӣ тавре ки рафиқони ман гуфтаанд," she continues, nodding at Issil and Geoffrey.

Infernal:

"The languages of one's enemies, as my associates have said."

"Հնարավոր դաշնակիցների լեզուները..."

Celestial:

"The languages of possible allies..."

"...当然,魔术本身的语言."

Draconic:

"...and of course, the language of magic itself."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Lars raises an eyebrow as he hears Geoff speak in an unfamiliar language. Hard to imagine swordboy knowing something I don't.. best I not let on.

"Shipbuilders huh. Not something I've been very interested in. I'm sure most anything built in the region is stellar and peerless." He takes his own shot of the booze, slapping the glass down on the table with a bang.

Tengu:
"Thrune's ruined more than one of my business ventures in the city. I've had to be a bit more creative in pursuing revenue streams. Sometime you've got to invest in change. Out with the old, in with the new."
Bluff:Pass Secret Message: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Invest in the Silver Ravens, change is in the air.

5,451 to 5,487 of 5,487 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.