GM Woran's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Woran

sandpoint information

Map Link

GM cheat sheet:

[dice=initiative Vitro]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Justin]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Snowflake]1d20[/dice]
[dice=initiative Dayo]1d20 + 7[/dice]
[dice=initiative Eoghan]1d20 + 2[/dice]

[dice=perception Vitro]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=perception Justin]1d20[/dice] or +10 with scent
[dice=perception Snowflake]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=perception Dayo]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=perception Eoghan]1d20 + 12[/dice] +1 for traps

[dice=will save vitro]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=will save Justin]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=will save snowflake]1d20 + 10[/dice]
[dice=will save Dayo]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=will save Eoghan]1d20 + 8[/dice]

[dice=fort save vitro]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=fort save Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=fort save snowflake]1d20 + 11[/dice]
[dice=fort save Dayo]1d20 + 10[/dice]
[dice=fort save Eoghan]1d20 + 9[/dice]

[dice=reflex save vitro]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save snowflake]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Dayo]1d20 + 14[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Eoghan]1d20 + 5[/dice]

[dice=Stealth Vitro]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Snowflake]1d20 - 1[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Dayo]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Eoghan]1d20 + 5[/dice]


4,401 to 4,450 of 4,786 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>

M Tall dwarf Xerox Of Xeros Link Level 3 druid

Lined up to enter the large square room to the NW


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Dayo walks into the room. Nothing happens.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Ok, Dayo entered the bedroom, nothing happened, so you went to another room?


M Tall dwarf Xerox Of Xeros Link Level 3 druid

eyup

Sczarni

⚣ Outsider (Californian) Gestalt Commoner/Expert

Yeah we'll just open up the doors in clockwise order.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

This once fine chamber has been destroyed. The bed is smashed, mattress torn apart, walls gouged as if by knives, chairs hacked apart, and paintings on the walls torn to pieces—with one exception. A portrait hanging on the northwest wall seems to be untouched, although it hangs backward, its unseen subject facing the wall.

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"Can't reach it. Not it. "


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo gestures with his shrunken arms and nods to Eoghan.


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

Eoghan sighs in a "here we go again" way. He takes a good look at the painting just in case, then walks up to it and turns it right side out.

Perception check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

The portrait reveals a beautiful dark-haired Varisian woman in a thoughtful pose. Its clearly the same woman in the red dress you saw in the portrait room.
Ive uploaded the portrait to the map link

snowflake:
You feel a sudden wave of sadness upon seeing the portrait. You feel like grieving this woman.

dayo:
You feel fear at seeing the portrait. A shiver runs down your spine

eoghan:
will save Eoghan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
You hear a whispered voice. “What do you get up to down in the damp below?”
And you feel dizzy for a few seconds, but it passes.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"The taint of darkness lies within that portrait. Does anyone know who it is?"


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

Eoghan seems to stumble for a second, then rights himself again.

"I heard a voice asking what I was up to in 'the damp below.' Does anyone know what that could refer to? Her husband/child/father was probably up to no good in the cellar."


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

The woman is Iesha Foxglove, Aldern's wife


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"Let us move on?"

Dayo will move to the next door if nobody objects.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Forum ate posts. Bad forum. GOing to try fix when home


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 3/paladin 2| HP 52/52 | AC 21 T13 FF 21 | CMD 19| F +11 R +4 W +10 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 6/6 | concentration +8| morningstar +6 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day 2D6

When everybody leaves the room, Vy walks towards the painting, touches it and whispers "Goodbye"


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

After Eoghan carefully checks the door:

An iron tub sits in the middle of this room, the floorboards around it sagging with the tub’s weight.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo cautiously approaches the tub.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

Lore bathing: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 3 + 1 = 26


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Justin's all ready to update to PF2!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Justin knows this is one fancy bathtub. It would have cost a small fortune to make, and another small fortune to have something this heavy delivered here.

The floor creacks dangerously for a second, and then collapses, the combined weight of the tub and Dayo being too much for it to bear.

But Dayo nimbly jumps aside, as the tub crashes into the floor below with thunderous noise.
A dust cloud rises up out of the hole.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo watches as the tub sinks, turns to Justin for a moment, and then calls down below, "Sincerest apologies!"

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"After the giant helmet getting THAT home will be easy. "


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

On to the last room on this floor

Eoghan checks the last door in the corridor.
This entire bedroom is caked with a thick, spongy layer of dark green, blue, and black mold.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo tosses a rotten chunk of wood from the bathroom into the last room to see if it disturbs anything.

"Perhaps when we are finished here we can request a stormcaller to lay this house to rest."

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

knowledge dungeoneering to see if we should be breathing that in

1d20 + 4 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 + 3 = 20

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"I used to dream of getting a tub half that size all to myself "


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"I think it split in two anyways."

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"With you guys around did you not think i was researching make whole? "


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"Making holes hasn't been a problem so far."


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

The mold looks like its mostly bad for you if you're made of wood.

Nothing happens when Dayo throws the log in.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Have we seen a way into the attic?


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Yes there is a stairway all the way at the back. If there is nothing more you want to do or check on this floor we can progress upstairs


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

This whole buildup, to me, and by extension, Dayo, lends urgency to getting to the basement, so unless something jumps out at us I think the plan is to keep going until sometime jumps out at us.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

*peeks in*

It's safe to come out! Website's working again!


Init +3 | Perception +5; Sense Motive -2 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | CMD 15 18 ES | F +2; R +4; W +2 | Speed: 30 | HP 26/26 | Spells Active: Mage Armor, Shield | Conditions: none | Spells remaining: {1:0/5, 2:4/4 } | Arcane Reservoir 5/8

Vitro holds his sword in one hand just in case and peers at the stairwell. "So, we go up? Who's first?"


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"Let's test this idea that the house... Likes me."

Dayo ascends the stairwell.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Dayo carefully walks up the stairs. A long, narrow hallway runs the length of the attic.

I've updated the map


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"Goblins built this house..."

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

Left door first


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

A large number of wooden planks, rope, and other repair supplies are stored here. The ceiling above sags noticeably; in several areas patches of the sky above are visible.

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft
GM Woran wrote:
A large number of wooden planks, rope, and other repair supplies are stored here. The ceiling above sags noticeably; in several areas patches of the sky above are visible.

"The definition of irony... "

Make a note to throw Eoghan in there and collect whats salvagable later and move to the next room

Open the door north of dayo


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Doing these rooms all at once because they are the same. Updated the map.

The next set of rooms are stacked with old furniture, sheets
and linens, boxes and crates, and other bits.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"Eoghan, what does the floor tell you?"


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

Perception, +1 for traps: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

I hate this game.


M Tall dwarf Xerox Of Xeros Link Level 3 druid
Eoghan Miskos wrote:

[dice=Perception, +1 for traps]1d20+12

[dice=Knowledge Engineering]1d20+6

I hate this game.

why do you make characters that can succeed on a 3?

Cause I'd like to succeed more than half the time.


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

I mean, the dice roller has been extraordinarily mean to me on Perception checks specifically from the start. Skill Focus: Perception is definitely on my wishlist at level 7.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Assuming you last that long ^_^


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

The floor, while moldy and damp in places looks sturdy enough to carry your weight.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Moved the party down the hall. Open next door?

Also, just realized. When Dayo asked earlier, "what does the floor tell you?", he was asking Eoghan to look for tracks ^_^

4,401 to 4,450 of 4,786 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Woran's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.