GM Woran's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Woran

sandpoint information

Cave map

GM cheat sheet:

[dice=initiative Vitro]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Justin]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Snowflake]1d20[/dice]
[dice=initiative Dayo]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Eoghan]1d20 + 2[/dice]

[dice=perception Vitro]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=perception Justin]1d20[/dice]
[dice=perception Snowflake]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=perception Dayo]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=perception Eoghan]1d20 + 10[/dice]

[dice=will save vitro]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=will save Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=will save snowflake]1d20 + 9[/dice]
[dice=will save Dayo]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=will save Eoghan]1d20 + 6[/dice]

[dice=fort save vitro]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=fort save Justin]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=fort save snowflake]1d20 + 9[/dice]
[dice=fort save Dayo]1d20 + 9[/dice]
[dice=fort save Eoghan]1d20 + 7[/dice]

[dice=reflex save vitro]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Justin]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=reflex save snowflake]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Dayo]1d20 + 10[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Eoghan]1d20 + 5[/dice]


1 to 50 of 3,348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Resting in a natural cove along the cliff-lined Lost Coast region of Varisia, on the edge of the Varisian Gulf, Sandpoint is a medium-sized city that exemplifies the diverse people of the country. While only about thirty miles northeast of the city of Magnimar and technically under its rule, Sandpoint benefits from its isolated position in its ability to remain fairly independent. The most striking feature is the ruined beacon of the city that extends high above the cliffs of the coast, reflecting the ancient empire of Thassilon that existed here centuries before the present town was settled.

Four powerful families from Magnimar had designs on settling the region where Sandpoint now stands, and rather than work against each other, they consolidated their efforts and formed the Sandpoint Mercantile League. These four families, the Kaijitsu (glassmakers and jewelers), the Valdemars (shipbuilders and carpenters), the Scarnettis (loggers and millers), and the Deverins (farmers and brewers), sailed north to claim their land after securing the rights from the Magnimar Charterhouse. Yet when they arrived, they found the place already settled by a particularly large tribe of Varisians, who held the region as a traditional place to spend the winter.
Unwilling to change course, the Sandpoint Mercantile League began a series of talks with the Varisians, promising them an important place in the new township. Unfortunately, after a week of talks seemed to go nowhere, an impatient man named Alamon Scarnetti took matters into his own hands. Rounding up a group of his brothers and cousins, the Scarnettis mounted a murderous raid on the Varisian camp, intending to kill them all and leave evidence implicating local goblins for the deed. Yet the Scarnettis, too drunk and overconfident, only managed to kill five Varisians before they were themselves forced to flee, leaving behind three of their own. The incident caused a several-month delay, but eventually amends were made and the town of Sandpoint was born.


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Summer is coming to an end, and that means a big celebration for sandpoint: The Swallowtail festival.
The Swallowtail festival is a holiday in honor of the goddess Desna, and is held annually on the first day of autumn. It serves to commemorate a legend in which an avatar of Desna fell to Golarion after a fierce battle with the goddess Lamashtu. She was discovered and nursed back to health by a blind child. To express her thanks, Desna transformed the child into a beautiful, immortal swallowtail butterfly so that he could explore the wonders of the whole world for all eternity.

To celebrate this event, priests of Desna release a wagon full of swallowtail butterflies in front of a crowd of believers. It is considered a good omen for a worshiper, if a butterfly rests on him or her for a short time. The day is spent in celebration and can include activities such as feasting, storytelling, and singing. In preparation for this event, larger temples of Desna often have enclosed gardens in which they raise swallowtail butterflies year round. In colder climes, where the raising of butterflies is impossible, faithful will sometimes substitute colored leaves or painted corn husks for the actual insects.

For five years, the faithful of Sandpoint have attended church in temporary structures erected after fire destroyed the previous temple, and while their new religious leader was helpful, kind, and wise, church wasn’t the same. Now, the new cathedral is finally done.
All that remains is for the Swallowtail Festival to renew the site’s blessings from the gods and it will be as if the Sandpoint Fire had never occurred.


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

The Swallowtail Festival begins promptly, as scheduled, on the Autumnal Equinox. Even tough it is morning, the square before the church quickly becomes crowded as locals and travelers arrive, and several merchant tents featuring food, clothes, local crafts, and souvenirs are there to meet them.

A stage has been set up in front of the cathedral and a woman with short auburn hair stands in the center. Behind her sit four wooden chairs, three of them occupied. As the crowd notices her, a hush descends and all eyes turn to the stage. She smiles and begins to speak:
"Welcome! As many of your know, my name is Kendra Deverin and I am proud to serve as mayor of this fine town. It's wonderful to see so many of you here to join us on this proud day. I'd like to extend my welcome to the many new faces I see in the crowd. I hope you all are enjoying your stay here in Sandpoint and especially if it is your first visit here I sincerely hope that you're having a wonderful time. And to all of the old faces I see today, thank you for coming and thank you for everything that each of you has done to keep this town strong in recent years. I see that even Larz Rovanky has torn himself away from work to join us today! It is truly a miracle from Desna herself!"
There is quite a bit of laughter and many eyes are turned to a serious looking man dressed in all leather and wearing a sour expression on his face. Kendra waves to him and continues.
"Without further ado, let me introduce your Sheriff, Belor Hemlock!"

A dour looking man wearing a worn breastplate and a longsword belted at his waist stands and walks to the center of the stage. His head is shaved and he his eyes are constantly moving about the crowd. He shakes the Mayor's hand and begins to speak.
"Thank you Mayor. Even in the heat of celebration, let us not forget the sad events that brought us to this day. And also let us not forget the souls that were lost five years ago. I would like you to all join me in a moment of silence to remember the lives that were lost in the fire that claimed our previous chapel on that fateful night."
The Sheriff lowers his head and the crowd joins him, many of them quite awkwardly as the silence persists. After the moment is over, the Sheriff raises his head and begins to speak again.
"In remembering let us also not allow these events to repeat themselves. I am of the understanding that a bonfire is planned for tonight. I urge you all to observe caution during this event." He clears his throat and smiles awkwardly. "And ummm... Enjoy yourselves. Our next speaker, Lonjiku Kaijitsu, called in sick." The crowd does not look surprised at this. Several of them can be heard whispering about Lonjiku’s well-known dislike of frivolity and festivals.
"Let me introduce you to the next speaker instead; give your attention to Cyrdak Drokkus, proprieter of the local theatre."

He nods to the crowd and walks back to his chair, passing the next speaker who is already on his way up to the center-stage. This man is quite a contrast to the Sheriff; he is brightly dressed, sports a well-groomed goatee, and seems to be thoroughly enjoying the day. As he reaches the center stage he loosens his collar a bit, winks into the crowd and starts to talk.
"Well, thank you Sheriff for that uplifting oratory. Now I know this town has been through some hard times, but look at what we've accomplished," he motions towards the church. "And I'm telling you, they spared no expense with this place. Father Zantus' chamber pot? Solid gold. I kid you not, our generous nobles put a pretty copper into the construction of this joint. I think the Churches even chipped in a silver or two! I even heard a rumor that all of the Gods got together and scrounged up four gold pieces to help get this thing built! But don't take it from me, the Padre over here is the one with the direct line, he's the one you want to hear from! But before I let him get things going I'd like to take this opportunity to extend my personal invitation to each and every one of you to the new production of "The Harpy's Curse" starring the world-famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda as Avisera the harpy queen! It's all premiering tomorrow evening at the Sandpoint Theatre and it is going to be fab-u-lous! And now join me in a bit of applause for his holiness himself, Father Zantus!"

The crowd cheers as Cyrdak motions Zantus to the center stage. The young priest looks noticedly abashed at the reception set up for him. He wears the traditional ceremonial robes of a priest of Desna and a shiny silver holy symbol about his neck. He smiles and tries to calm the crowd down, eventually speaking when the applause has subsided:
"Ahem, thank you. Thank you Cyrdak. And thank all of you for coming to join us on this most Holy day. Today is a day of new beginnings so without boring you with long speeches, I declare the Swallowtail Festival officially underway!"

A massive cheer rises from the crowd, followed by more applause. Slowly the crowd starts dispersing, some towards the wares on display, some towards the games being held, and some just clotting together to talk with their neighbors or the new faces in town.


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Around the square are several signs pointing towards landmarks, shops and games. Sandpoint usually has no need for them, being just a small town. But with the influx of outsiders, the signs help everyone find their way.
The signs pointing towards the inns are all in the shape of their respective animals or trades: The White Deer sign is in the shape of a deer, painted white. The Rusty Dragon sign is a fat dragon, painted a rusty red. Risa's Place has a sign in the shape of a traditional Varisian wagon, a bright purple. The Hagfish has a sign in the shape of a particularly ugly hagfish, painted a sick shade of green/brown. And Fatman's Feedbag's sign is in the shape of a large humanoid with a large bag. The sign obviously did not get a new coat of paint for the festival, as the remnants of what might once have been pink paint is peeling off.

Several other signs point towards where the games are held: The Devil Hunt, The Goblin Toss, The Lighthouse SmashThe Lighthouse Smash, Dragon Races, Ogre Stomp and Pie Relay.


Male Dwarf Foehammer 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 19 T12 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init +4 | Per +5| Speed 20 Ft | Warhammer +4 (1d8+3)

While the crowd disperses a young Dwarf walks around the square in a leisurly fashion. He is reading the various signs while munching thoughtfully on a piece of meat pie. He is dressed in a practical manner with a well-worn travelling outfit and a backpack that has seen better days. The shield and warhammer slung left and right of the pack have been well maintained though, and the dull glint of scale mail is visible under the dusty coat.

He seems to be deciding what festivities or inns to attend and in what order.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

"The Harpy's Curse!" Rataji grins from ear to ear as she whispers to her brother. "That one sounds suitably melodramatic. I just hope that the diva they've got playing the harpy can actually, you know, sing." She's an attractive girl, not beautiful, but striking. Heads turn as she and her adopted brother pass. And which one one us do they think more odd?

Her big brother, Vy, or "Snowflake" is covered in soft white fur. But his strangeness is an all-at-once strangeness. People see him, big, white and furry, and shy, and they're taken aback for few minutes. But then they get over it, and the girls and kids beg to touch his white fur. They eventually discover his gentle heart, and welcome the healing he offers.

Reactions to Rataji are more subtle and delayed. She does not have a gentle heart. Her wit, like her blade, cuts deeper than most would like. Her cafe-au-lait skin is a little dark for Varisia, but most would forgive that in a graceful, well-made girl -- if she were a bit more human. However, the hint of flames that flicker in her eyes when she gets excited, or the tendrils of smoke that occasionally curl up from her hair... They make people uneasy. It's fun talking up a nice boy and flirting with him, but not so fun when he bolts after making excuses of places to be and things to do. All this strangeness, and not a scrap of magic to go with it.

She grabs her brother's hand. "So... You grew up around here. Where do you want to go, Vy? Shall we do the Devil Hunt? The Goblin Toss?" Her eyes are alight, and she grins. "We'll see Dad perform tonight, and watch the butterflies fly, I promise, but for now, let's do some games! Ooh, do you want to do the Light House Smash?"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk HP 26/26 | AC 15 T 14 FF 12 | CMD 10| F +3 R +3 W +4 | Init + 3 | Perception +0 I Speed 20 Ft Arcane Pool 1/5

Despite standing atop of not one but two soap boxes justin is still staring up at the vast majority of the crowd as they bustle by, an act made easier by the large mass of ruffles spilling out of his immaculately bleached white shirt. The lack of customers gives him ample time to fastidiously adjust his deep blue velvet jacket, ruffled collar, and assorted archeological knickknacks laid out before him. The bottom halves of two pages of a lead Codex held in place by a copper ring, a sihedrion coin, a cracked piece of what was once a fresco depicting a fat man holding food stand sit untouched while the occasional colored and scented soap exchanges hands for copper and pastries worth as little if not less than the soap. Trading at cost hurt his sensibilities, but the alternative was running magic over the people as they passed, something he'd learned from hard experience would not be appreciated.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Brawler 3 (Mutagenic Mauler) HP 26/28 | Init +5 | AC 20 (T 15 FF 16) | CMD 22 (grapple 27, trip 24, BR 23) | F +6 R +8 W +4 | Per +7 (+1 vs. giants), SM +6 | Darkvision | Effects:

In the doorway of the alchemy shop known as Bottled Solutions stands a large half-orc. He’s clearly having a conversation with someone inside, but to the observer in the street, only his half of the conversation can be heard.

“Okay, I’m goin’.”

“Yes, I am.”

“Nope, I’m goin’ to the Festival, Nisk.”

“Well hell if I know, Nisk! What’d you do before I started workin’ here? (B’sides almost burn the place down on a weekly basis...) Nothing…!”

“I… look. Either lock up or work the counter yourself. You told me weeks ago I could have the day off, and I’m takin’ it. See you tomorrow.” Muttering to himself in a mixture of Orc and Skald words, Oskar Dragenaev steps into the street.

He’d been in town not quite a year, and his work as Nisk’s assistant had gone… reasonably well. The half-elf was clearly a little out of his depth running the store, and upon Oskar’s arrival, he had gotten involved in most every aspect of things, from keeping the work areas clean, to handling customers at the counter, and even just keeping Nisk focused on the task at hand while he was ‘cooking.’ The result was a bit of an uptick in the store’s fortunes, but it had made Nisk a bit clingy about his new assistant. Oskar had practically had to sneak out of the store to go to the Swallowtail Festival. Here’s hoping it’s worth the trouble…! He heads over toward the Rusty Dragon, intending to grab a bite there before seeing about the games. Surely something there will make for an interesting challenge...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Vy/Taj:

In the press of the crowd, Snowflake nearly clings to Rataji, the familiar faces all around painfully familiar.
Clealy afraid, he stays close to his sister, avoiding eye contact with anyone in the crowd. Wherever you go, whispers seem to follow, and quite a few people point at the both of you.

Rodrak:

The crowd parts easy, and a dwarf here gets nothing more then a few glances. Wandering at your own pace, you can see that this truely is a festival for the whole community. Children run around while their parents leasurly stroll. Elders are enjoying the relative warmth of this autumn day and the shops have put out their best wares.
From up ahead, the delicious smell of fresh apple pie wafts down towards you.

Oskar:

Its a relief being out of the shop. While not that long in sandpoint, doing good and honest work has helped tremenduesly with your acceptance in the community. The 'pointers' as the locals are sometimes called, dont like 'no good workshy scum' as they so elloquently put it.
Walking down the street, you even get a few nods from people, a sure sign you've made a little place for yourself.
Walking down the streath, reaching market square, you hear Gressel Tenniwar call out to the crowd:
"There's been talk of starting Dragon farming in Sandpoint, so we've gotta find out which ones are the fastest so that we have the best dragons! Pick yourself a dragon and pit it in a Dragon Race against your friends! Only a copper a try!"

Two double lane tracks have been set up next to each other across the square. Tjere is a three-foot wide gap between the two tracks. The tracks are 30' feet long. Near the starting line there is a large cage with 12 lizards in it. Each one has a set of twig and cloth wings attached to their backs. Each one is painted a different color so that they look like little dragons.
Several children are already trying to get 'their' dragon to get to the finishline.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 1/paladin 1| HP 31/31 | AC 17 T10 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +9 R +3 W +9 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | concentration +6| morningstar +4 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day D6

Snowflake walks around as if half paralysed. Every few steps he tries to put his hood over his head to cover is face, which Taj than rips off. Eventually he sighs and gives up, because he knows his sister never will quit. Maybe he has changed enough. He's no longer a boy, he has become a man. Taj sees him squaring his shoulders, and recognises that he's holding this particular conversation in his head, but this time she holds back her tomgue. And flips off his hood again.

"আমি সবসময় পছন্দ..."He stops, takes a deep breath, and starts over:"I always liked the dragon hunt. I was good at it" he says with a feral smile,"but later on I liked to sit back in the dark part of the theater where nobody would bother me, and I could enjoy watching the show"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Justin:

While enough coin passes trough your neighbor merchants hands, no one stops to buy at your stall. People look at your treasures, but for the commonfolk, ancient treasure means nothing.
And so the crowd shuffles by.

Suddenly a figure bends itself over your wares. An exotic-looking character with bright blue eyes, long red hair, and almost bronze-colored skin is excitedly pooring over your wares, muttering to himself. You're not sure if he is wearing robes, or just clothes that once belonged to a much larger and heavier man.
Trying to adress him, he holds up a hand, silencing you rather rudely. Digging around in his pockets, he finally holds up a rather crumpled notebook and a pencil stump.
"Ah yes sorry! Here it is! Such fine wares I must say its a good collection and so finely preserved, yes, yes, I do have to compliment you about this my good small friend, can I call you friend?, of course I can otherwise please say so I do not mean to offend."
Somewhere the man must have drawn breath in that sentence but you're not sure where.
Beaming, the man continues to rattle on, seeming to know just as much about your wares as you do. He takes several notes in his book.
"We absolutely have to do buisness! Several of these fine specimens must simply be added to my collection, you do haggle do you?, of course you do you look like an acomplished haggler if I may say so and..."

His exited words are interrupted by a older man throwing his arm enthousiasticly around his shoulders. The newcomer has heavy streaks of grey in his hair, but still looks fit. The hands of the man bear many scars.
"Sorry friend, I'm going to have to borrow Vorvashali from you. He seems to have forgotten we have a performance to put on." The new man points towards the stage at the back of the square.
"Dont worry, when he's this exited about something, he'll be back."
The man begins pushing the other towards the stage. Your potential customer goes with him under some protest, waving his notebook at you. "Yeah sorry I'll be back I swear I just need to do this I just forgot my apologies Ilsoari I just forgot the time you know how it goes time flies and all that and..."

Leaving you a bit bewildred, you can see both men climb the stage. Gathered in front are a lot of the smaller children, sitting on mats. They cheer when both men take up positions.
The old gray man begins to tell a story in a lood voice, using his whole body to mimic the story.
To the sheer delight of the children, the man with the red hair you heard named Vorvashali begins to cast illusions to liven up the tale. It looks like they will be at it for a while.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk HP 26/26 | AC 15 T 14 FF 12 | CMD 10| F +3 R +3 W +4 | Init + 3 | Perception +0 I Speed 20 Ft Arcane Pool 1/5

"I do not haggle. We both know what they're worth. if you insist on engaging in that bizarre custom, I can increase the price by twenty five percents, you can start at 50 percents, and we can spend 10 minutes getting back to its original price. "

He bobs his head a little to the mans compatriot. "They've been around for thousands of years, they'll survive your show. Good l.. no wait you don't say that do you. Break a foot"


Male Dwarf Foehammer 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 19 T12 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init +4 | Per +5| Speed 20 Ft | Warhammer +4 (1d8+3)

Rodrak moves over to near the stage to watch the story. He smiles as the children cheer, seeming to remember the story. He glances over at the stall with the ancient trinkets with some interest, but does not move over, instead enjoying the antics of the illusions on the stage.


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Vy/Taj:

You take a short walk down Junker's way down to the lighthouse. As you approach, you can hear Jodar Provolost shouting out encouragment to the crowd.
"Do you have what it takes to bring down the infamous Sandpoint Devil and keep him from menacing the surrounding area? Take a shot and see! Only one copper to play! Make a bullseye and win a delicious pie!

Jodar is an older balding Varisian with black hair, a big thick black mustache, and a noticeable big belly. Vy remebers him as a mediocre carpenter, but one of the best hunters in Sandpoint. A friendly man, but has lots of bad jokes, and particularly likes telling his (untrue) stories of his encounters with the Sandpoint Devil.

There is an archery range setup on the beach down by the Lighthouse. Two large targets, with silhouettes of a scary looking winged horse on them, are set up 50 yards away from a firing line. The bull’s-eye is about where a horse's heart would be. There are bigger concentric circles around the bull’s-eye.
For the children, the fireline is only 20 yards away, and with the prospect of winning a whole pie for themselves, a whole hoard of children has gathered, eager to win such a great treat.

Rodrak:

Its a classic being performed here. Jarrod and the magical beanstalk. You're just at the point where 'Jarrod' sneaks into the stormgiant king's castle.
Its most likely these children already know this story, but you can see several bite their lips or nervously suck their thumbs, so drawn into the story they are.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Brawler 3 (Mutagenic Mauler) HP 26/28 | Init +5 | AC 20 (T 15 FF 16) | CMD 22 (grapple 27, trip 24, BR 23) | F +6 R +8 W +4 | Per +7 (+1 vs. giants), SM +6 | Darkvision | Effects:

Oskar smiles, and leans down near one of the kids that maybe looks like s/he wanted to play, but isn't for whatever reason. Conveying a spirit of conspiracy, he stage-whispers to the child, "What say we pick a winner?"

As he looks over the lizards, Oskar tells the child, "In my family, up north, they talk of my great-uncle Donal. They say he had dragon blood, and when he would fight the giants, he would transform into a great bronze beast, and tear them apart. There, that one," he points at one that's been painted the appropriate metallic color, and with his other hand, reaches into his coin purse. "That's your guy. This youngster here will race that one," he says to Gressel.


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Oskar:

You recognise the boy as one of the orphans. While sandpoint takes care of their own and orphans dont have to roam the streets, they do sometimes fall behind on occasions like this, having no money of their own or parents to beg it from.
Most of the time they would get to play for free, but Gressel can be a real penny pincher.

When you tell your story, the boys eyes go wide. "Like, for real mister? Did he breath fire and all?"
When handed his lizard, the boy holds it carefully. The lizard doesnt seem to mind it a lot, appearing to be well fed so its handling is a lot easier.
Two other kids and a lanky teenager also pick a lizard, a green, black and silver, and everyone places their lizard at the starting line.
At the sound of a whistle, the grate in front of the line is lifted, and everyone starts goading their lizard on.
Unsure about what actually motivates a lizard, you and the boy try different tactics to try and get the lizard to move down the tracks.
Not easy to handle, it takes quite a bit before every lizard makes it down the tracks. Sometimes they go forward, sometimes they dont move at all. And if unlucky, they take a few steps backwards.
Eventually you come in second. First place is for the teenager, who gets two copperpieces and a first place ribbon.
You and the others get a wooden butterfly token.

The boy is a bit dissapointed, but only for a minute or so, then the exitement of having had to race a 'dragon' takes over again.
"Thank you mister. That was a lot of fun! We nearly won too even. Our dragon did its best."
Eyes gleaming, the boy tightly clutches his butterfly token.


Brawler 3 (Mutagenic Mauler) HP 26/28 | Init +5 | AC 20 (T 15 FF 16) | CMD 22 (grapple 27, trip 24, BR 23) | F +6 R +8 W +4 | Per +7 (+1 vs. giants), SM +6 | Darkvision | Effects:

At the child's question, Oskar nods solemnly. “If I'm lying, may Gorum’s sword cut me down, right… now!. After an appropriate dramatic pause, he continues. “They say he breathed lightning, not fire, though. I have a cousin, they say she might have a similar gift. Time will tell,” he shrugs.

At their second-place finish, Oskar claps the boy on the shoulder. “Good job, couldn't have done it without ya.” He discreetly slips the kid a few more coppers. “Make ‘em last, okay fella? Enjoy the rest of the day.” Having done his good deed for the day, Oskar then strolls off to see what else the day has in store.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

“Yes, you would have been good at dragon-racing, with your skill with animals,” Taj says fondly to Vy. She pulls the hood away, one more time, and then pulls the cape away too, over Vy’s protests. “It’s a warm and glorious sunny day,” she says, firmly packing the cape into her brother’s pack. “Going to the theater is fine when one’s goal is to watch a show. Not so much when your intent is to hide. Let them stare if they want to, but stand tall. Why did you get all that glorious height if you must be hunched over all the time?”

She gave a brilliant smile to those who were staring at her, and waved. Some of them blanched, and looked away, realizing suddenly that they’d been caught staring. One or two of the cute ones waved back, though. Maybe there was hope that she could meet someone who wouldn’t run away. If only Vy would put out an effort and smile... But no, there he was, hunching again.

It wasn’t fair really, that Vy towered over her. She didn’t begrudge him his height so much as she wished that she could have shared some of it. But her dad was a small person, and Taj had been doomed to the same plight. “Do you want to try our hands at archery? Perhaps we could win a pie! It’s too bad there’s no fencing contest in sight. Or one for backflips... I could do a good showing at one of those.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 1/paladin 1| HP 31/31 | AC 17 T10 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +9 R +3 W +9 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | concentration +6| morningstar +4 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day D6

Vy follows Taj's gaze and memorizes the two faces, and deducts some 'free' drinks from his meager allowance, to give some love-struck, heart-broken farmboy a pick-me-up after 'The Talk' tomorrow morning.

"Taj, being big is easy. If it was hard to do, there would be no more bullies in the world. I don't want people to fear ne, or worship me. I want to be liked"

Unknowingly, Vy kneels down besides a small kid at the same time Oskar does at the Dragon Races. The child holds his bow and arrow in an akward manner. Vy tells the child his name is Snowflake, to put the kid at ease, and then corrects his stance. Then, with the help of a little Guidance the kids shoots, and the arrow actually hits within the concentric circles. All the kids cheer, and are now really into the competition.

"And if you want to be liked, sometimes you have to help the..little people", he says while he tossles Taj's hair. And with a laugh he hustles away, to avoid a swift kick, and to go the podium where the stories are told.


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Oskar:

Making your way up festival lane, you have to go slow. The crowd is thick here, because part of the lane has been roped off for the Pie Relay.
A lot of people have stopped to cheer on their neighbors, or to laugh if someone inevitably throws up.
In the press of the crowd, you feel a small hand grabbing yours. Looking down, its the same boy you helped with the dragon races. He looks back up to you expectantly.

Vy/Taj:

The kids are a intimidated by you both at first, but once the archery competition heats up, they are quick to forget about you.
Strolling back down Junker's Way, you end up back at the cathedral square.
At the stage, you see a local rendition of Jarrod and the magical beanstalk being performed.
The story has reached the point where Jerrod is chased down the castle by the stormgiant king. The man performing as Jerrod is doing an impressive job of leaping and dodging an illusion of a storm giant.
The kids gathered on the mats in front of the stage are all leaning forward, cheering here and there when 'Jerrod' makes a daring dash or dodge.
Several adults have stopped to watch, and you see an unfamiliar dwarf follow the story too.


"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

Taj runs her fingers through her hair, putting it back in order after Vy tousled it. “Little people?! Seriously?” But he’s laughing, that’s good. She loves his laughter. Instead of the swift kick, she abruptly gives him a hug, burying her face in his soft white fur. “Vy? I’ve been thinking of something. You know how I’ve been studying the Thassilonians? What if...” She bites her lip. “What if I stayed in Sandpoint to study here after the festival was over? There are supposed to be ruins all over this place.”

The idea of staying behind, all alone, when her father and Vy leave to go on Pateba’s next circuit of festivals, is more than a little terrifying. But maybe Vy was ready to settle, too? “I know you weren’t happy growing up here. I...” She pauses, looking up at him. “You’ve been the best big brother I could have asked for. You’re my rock, my anchor, my best friend. Vy, would you stay with me? We’re both of age now. Maybe it’s time we talked to Dad about striking out on our own. Together.”

She lets him mull over the question, while they stop to watch the show. The bit about the Storm Giant is diverting, and the illusions are great, but she also enjoys watching the diverse crowd -- human kids, dwarves, even a ratfolk -- all laughing together.

Maybe this is the kind of place two misfits could find to fit in, after all.

As the show pauses for a scenery change, she grins at the dwarf next to them and introduces herself. “Good show, isn't it? Are you a local, or from out of town, like us? I'm Taj, and this is my brother, Snowflake.”


Male Dwarf Foehammer 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 19 T12 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init +4 | Per +5| Speed 20 Ft | Warhammer +4 (1d8+3)

"Heh, that obvious? Out of town, like yerselves."

He looks at the both of them.

"I'm Rodrak. I remember this story from my own youth, but the illusions are new."

He regards the hustle and bustle around him, enjoying the festive mood of everyone around him.

"Small town as this might be, I seem to have picked a good moment to take a day off travelling. Seen anything that you can recommend today?"


"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

Taj grins. "We've been just wandering the fair, watching the children's games, but our dad, Pateba Diras, is performing tonight. You should see his show. He sings so beautifully, it's said that the angels themselves come." In more ways than one, and I'm the living proof. She pats Vy on the back as he makes a sudden coughing sound, but she keeps her face straight, not wanting to spoil her double entendre by making it obvious. "Dad'll be interested to know about the new theater, though. He's always talking about getting off the road, settling down..."

...and NEVER doing it.

"It would be nice to be in one place for a while, see it in different seasons, actually stick around and get to know people..." And maybe find Vy a steady girl who finds his fur sexy?

"What brings you here, Rodrak? Me, I'm hoping to play a couple of the games. The pie relay looked like fun, if I can find a partner." She looks hopefully up at her long-legged big brother, who's shaking his head. Damn. Maybe one of the cute boys she saw earlier would do it with her? She pauses, suddenly noticing the ratfolk's stall just a few feet away with its interesting assortment of archaeological trinkets and soap. "After the show, can we go look at that stall? Maybe we can tour the fair together for a while."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Foehammer 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 19 T12 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init +4 | Per +5| Speed 20 Ft | Warhammer +4 (1d8+3)

"As it happens, I'm here to enjoy myself a bit before deciding where to go next. So I'll gladly tag along."

He grins.

"... and I do a mean pie relay..."


Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 1/paladin 1| HP 31/31 | AC 17 T10 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +9 R +3 W +9 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | concentration +6| morningstar +4 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day D6

"He's selling soap, and he has fur as well? We'll most certainly will visit his stall than"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Brawler 3 (Mutagenic Mauler) HP 26/28 | Init +5 | AC 20 (T 15 FF 16) | CMD 22 (grapple 27, trip 24, BR 23) | F +6 R +8 W +4 | Per +7 (+1 vs. giants), SM +6 | Darkvision | Effects:

What the hell… oh. Oskar looks down, and his initial startle fades upon seeing the boy. “Oh. Uh, hey little guy.” Well, so much for finding a bare-knuckle match and picking up a little extra coin. “So you’re my corner-man for today, huh? Well, let’s see what we can find to amuse ourselves…”

Okay, what do I know that can amuse a kid? Um, I can fight, and, um, make fireworks, maybe? Go back to the Bottle, cook up some jitter-goblins... Are you hearing yourself? This is a terrible idea! Kid’s gonna lose a finger or somethin’. Man, maybe I should have stayed in the shop!

They walk around a bit, and near the cathedral, Oskar sees the stage with the performance of what seems to be a version of Jan the Giant-Foe. “Here we go.” Oskar finds a mat for the kid, “Have a seat, this is a pretty good story.”

After a few minutes, Oskar starts to find this adaptation of the story a little lacking. The hell? It’s supposed to be an eagle, not a goose. And what’s this harp crap? Where’s the axe?

As his attention drifts off the story, Oskar suddenly sees a spark and a small plume of smoke rise off the shoulder blade of a woman off to his left! “Hey lady, watch out!” He claps the flame out on her back. “Hey, sorry ‘bout that. You okay? Looks like you caught an ember from…” Oskar looks around, but doesn’t see an open flame near enough to be the cuplrit. “Huh. Where the hell’d that come from, anyway…?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 1/paladin 1| HP 31/31 | AC 17 T10 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +9 R +3 W +9 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | concentration +6| morningstar +4 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day D6

Oh boy, here we go

In any other town, Vy would have either slapped the guy for hitting his sister, or protected the guy from his sister trying to slap him.
He would probably slapped the guy this time, because he looked the type that would take offense to being protected against a girl.
Any other town, except this one.
Vy starts loosening his shoulders, and shaking his shield from its perch. Maybe, if he timed it right...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Brawler 3 (Mutagenic Mauler) HP 26/28 | Init +5 | AC 20 (T 15 FF 16) | CMD 22 (grapple 27, trip 24, BR 23) | F +6 R +8 W +4 | Per +7 (+1 vs. giants), SM +6 | Darkvision | Effects:

Great, now what have you done, Oskar…?

Except, going back over it in his mind, he couldn’t really see anything he’d done wrong. The girl had something smoldering on the back of her shoulder, I’d knocked it off, and suddenly the big guy (And what is he, anyway?) is fixin’ to get ready.

As much as Oskar’d been itching to get his punch on, street brawls with children watching wasn’t what he’d had in mind. So I’ve gone from looking for fights, to looking to stop a fight? Oh, that’s just sad.

Oskar takes two steps back, hands up but open. He sees the big fellow readying his shield, and wishes he’d had his own ready. “Let’s go easy here, eh? The girl had somethin’ burning on her back, I was tryin’ t’get it off. No harm meant.” He spares a quick moment to look down at the kid. “We might be about to have trouble. Back outta here.”

Turning back to the girl, Oskar says, "Lady, I was only trying to help, I'm sorry. Can you cool your friend down?"

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk HP 26/26 | AC 15 T 14 FF 12 | CMD 10| F +3 R +3 W +4 | Init + 3 | Perception +0 I Speed 20 Ft Arcane Pool 1/5

Justin mumbles to himself in thassalonian "Bereft of a defined mating season, the human males live in a constant state of competition and hyper vigilance. Even the slightest bit of interest shown in a female can spark violent, even deadly, struggle to simultaneously display their prowess and eliminate the competition...


"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

“You run a mean pie relay, huh?” She grins. Dwarves were not usually fast, but they were dauntless, and the pie relay was not just about speed, it was about stamina. “Rodrak, you have a... ERK!”

The push was unexpected, but she whirled and saw Vy readying his shield, and the other guy trying desperately to send his kid away. It was the presence of the scared kid more than anything that made her leap to interpose herself between the two. “কোন , স্নো , কোন যুদ্ধ আজ . তিনি কোন ক্ষতি অভিপ্রেত .”

Celestial:
“No, Vy, no fight today. He meant no harm.”

She then kneels down to the child. “Please stay. There’ll be no trouble from us for your...” Dad? Uncle? Humans and half-orcs could be part of the same family and look very different. And who was she to talk about looking different from one’s family members, anyway? “...your companion.”

She glances up at Oskar and gives the man a dazzling smile. “I’m part Peri. The smoke, the flames... they’re a part of who and what I am. I realize that can be a little disconcerting, at times. Thank you for trying to save me. That was kindly done. Can we buy you and your friend a treat as compensation for the scare?” She grins. “Or maybe we can win you one? I’ve been thinking about entering the pie relay if I can get the right team together.”

Then she hears what the ratfolk says and bursts out laughing. “Ένα καθορισμένο σύστημα ζευγαρώματος ?”

Thassilonian:
“A defined mating season?”

She nods to the Ratfolk, and says, “Very clever analysis, but they weren’t fighting over my affections. This is my brother and this is a gentleman we just met. I think both were just trying to save me...” Then she pauses. “Wait a minute... You speak Thassilonian? Are you here to study the ruins?”


Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 1/paladin 1| HP 31/31 | AC 17 T10 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +9 R +3 W +9 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | concentration +6| morningstar +4 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day D6

Vy let's go of a huge sigh. This went way less...explosive than he thought. Instead of putting the shield back on his left shoulder, he puts it upright on the ground and leans on it, and watch the exchange


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Brawler 3 (Mutagenic Mauler) HP 26/28 | Init +5 | AC 20 (T 15 FF 16) | CMD 22 (grapple 27, trip 24, BR 23) | F +6 R +8 W +4 | Per +7 (+1 vs. giants), SM +6 | Darkvision | Effects:

Oskar takes in the girl’s explanation. I don’t have the faintest damn clue what a ‘Peri’ is, he thinks to himself, but whatever it is, she doesn’t seemed concerned, and is trying pretty hard to let this not be a thing. Taking his cues from that fact, Oskar relaxes, hands down. Noticing that they seem to have drawn attention away from the stage, he mumbles out a “Sorry folks, y’all go back to enjoyin’ the show,” and motions everyone to take a couple of steps back so as to continue their conversation without further disturbing the performance.

Once they’re a little further away, Oskar says, “Well if that’s all there is to it, then sure, no harm done. I don't get how you don't burn through like, a million shirts, but whatever. I work in an alchemist’s shop, and you learn to be really mindful of sparks and open flames.” Especially working for a hack like Nisk, Oskar leaves that part to himself.

“My name’s Oskar. Oskar Dragenaev,” he says, and offers his hand to any who’ll take it. “I’m good, but maybe the kid’d like somethin’.” Oskar turns to see if the orphan boy is still there. “Hey kid, you like pie?”

He then quickly leans into the girl’s ear and whispers, “I got no idea who this kid is. One of the local orphans, I was a little nice to him earlier and I mighta made a new friend for life.”


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 1/paladin 1| HP 31/31 | AC 17 T10 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +9 R +3 W +9 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | concentration +6| morningstar +4 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day D6

"It has been known to happen", Vy mumbles


"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

She laughs at his comment about burning through clothing, then takes the hand he offers, and clasps it warmly. “I’m Rataji. If we’re going to be friends, you and...” She turns to the little boy. “What’s your name? I know Oskar’s. Can you teach me yours, too?” She looks back up at Oskar. “Anyway, you can call me ‘Taj’ if you like. This great furry lug is my brother, Snowflake. Don’t let his looks fool you. He’s the gentlest soul alive.” She looks up with great affection at Vy and then turns back to the kid. “He was an orphan too, until we adopted him.”

Okay, so I adopted him, and my Dad didn’t say ‘no’.

“Rodrak and I were going to enter the pie relay. Anyone else want to try it with us? If we win, we get a pie. If we don’t win, we have fun and I can buy a pie that we all eat together! What do you say?”


Male Dwarf Foehammer 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 19 T12 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init +4 | Per +5| Speed 20 Ft | Warhammer +4 (1d8+3)

Rodrak grins, nodding to the new arrivals.

"I'm in regardless."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

The boy watches the exchange with large eyes, taking shelter behind Oskar's leg when Vy raises his hackles.

When Raraji asks for his name, he shyly averts is eyes, and with a small voice answers, "I'm Luca miss lady."

While you drew some glances from the crowd, everyone's attention is quickly drawn back to the stage, as the story comes to an end. With a big crash that has some of the children jumping almost out of their skin, the stormgiant king falls to the ground, and Jarrod is victorious. From your vantage point you can see that behind the stage, some people crashed some pieces of sheet metat together to make a nice big clang.

With the story over, the children rush to their feet cheering. Panting, both men on the stage wipe sweat from their brows. They are however grinning from ear to ear at their succes.
Taking the stage, Father Zantus thanks both men profusely. Not only for their show, but also the work they do for the orphans of the town.

With the children settling down again, Father Zanthus scrapes his throat. "Thank you again Vorvashali and Ilsoari for this wonderfull tale. Now that I have your attention, it is almost noon, and time for that which gives our festival its name. The Swallowtail Release."
Behind the stage, accolytes push a large weagon forward. The square is also getting noticably more crowded.
"Please, join me in prayer"
Most of the crowd bows their head, making the sign of Desna, reciting the words along with Father Zanthus.

"Blessed is the long road, the destination,
the homeward path, and all who make the journey.
Let each dream be a bright star in the night
sky of your mind, and let it light your path in the day.
Do not be troubled if your dream falters, for there
are countless stars in the sky and countless
dreams to experience—pick a new one and change your course."

At the end of the prayer, the acolytes pull aside the wagon’s cover,
releasing the thousand children of Desna—a furious storm of swallowtail butterflies that swarm into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd.
Raising his arms to the sky, Father Zanthus speaks again. "Praised be the lady of the spheres! And now, for what you all have really been waiting for... Lunch!"
With a wink to the crowd, the leaves the stage.

Lunch is wheeled in on lage flatbed carts. It is provided free, at the expense of Sandpoint’s taverns. Each brings its best dishes—this
event is as much a marketing push by the taverns to win new customers as it is to feed a hungry crowd.
It soon becomes apparent that the darling of the lunch is, once again, Ameiko Kaijitsu, whose remarkable curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead easily overshadow the other offerings, such as the Hagfish’s lobster chowder or the White Deer’s peppercorn venison.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 11/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 I | CMD 16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init + 4 I Perception +6 I Speed 30 Ft I

Eldira started the day in the little stall she "rents" in the rusty dragon (the hostess doesn't actually accept money from her, seeing her work can fascinate her customers for hours and it is a definite draw) is really is just a stall in the worst corner of the Rusty Dragon Inn, but the bad lighting conditions never seem to bother her in the slightest.

Despite the fact, that she never really understood the need to advertise her services her "skin printing" (tattoos) services, word of mouth gives her a steady source of income, and enough time to work on her archery.

Her bow (a weirdly angular thing, that really should break whenever the string is drawn, but... it somehow never does) sits beside her, along with a well-stocked quiver. Eldira never really understood the need/desire for leisure clothes, it seemed extremely illogical to her.

On some level she knew, that some sort of festivity was planned for today, but she did not associate this with any sort of additional work.

She was quite wrong, as it turned out. For hours, she has been printing swallowtail butterflies on people. Usually, she only works on shades of black and grey, but the additional demand forced her to adapt her technique and add red into to render their wing patterns.

While her prints are good, her process is what really draws the crowds, the doesn't ink along any kind of pattern like you would draw a picture, but instead "prints" like a printer working from left to right, until the picture manifests on the person's skin.
Unfortunately sometimes her process causes some complaints, she usually holds her "canvas" in a vice like grip, and seems to lack the understanding that what she is doing can hurt, she only stops for clear verbal complaints. And for some reasons replicating the sometimes glowing tattoos on her body, is not an act she can perform.

After several hours of work, most of her customers walked away with fresh tattoos, and she decided to go and visit the archery contest. Her research in that area was anything but complete.

Having been made aware that the consumption of alcohol was somehow required for those events she stops at the bar and says:

"Ameiko Kaijitsu, I have the need to acquire a bottle of distilled spirits with a purity between 33.5 and 37.5 percent.
Assuming, that my presence here has had the required positive effect on your daily turnover rate, I will return tomorrow to reestablish services."


"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

Taj holds Vy's hand as all the swallowtail butterflies are released, and then claps as several land on her brother. "I knew the butterflies would like you!"

As lunch is announced, Taj's stomach rumbles. "Luca, Oskar, Rodrak and..." She turns to the ratfolk scholar at the stall. "...I'm sorry, I didn't get your name, but I'd love to talk with you. Will you join us for lunch, or would you like me to bring something back for you?"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk HP 26/26 | AC 15 T 14 FF 12 | CMD 10| F +3 R +3 W +4 | Init + 3 | Perception +0 I Speed 20 Ft Arcane Pool 1/5
Quote:
She nods to the Ratfolk, and says, “Very clever analysis, but they weren’t fighting over my affections. This is my brother and this is a gentleman we just met. I think both were just trying to save me...”

"I fail to see what what either has to do w..SQUEEEK" the rat darts under the table "Wait you understood that? I usually keep my musings in obscure languages as knowledge tends to offend the yeomen..." after a few moments of talking from under the table, he pokes his ears, brass rimmed glasses and snout over the table. "I study the ruins by proxy. Its far safer and more efficient to comb fleamarkets looking for things that people have found but not discovered than to engage in direct archeological research. Why just lake wee..Oh. The butterflies are starting" he puts a brick of a particularly floral blend atop the table, in hopes of garnering a little extra attention from the insects.

"I do have a gentleman coming by shortly, if you would be so kind as to snag a growler of that honeyed mead, a meat pie, and a pair of croissants I'm sure the three of us could have an impromptu symposium.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Foehammer 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 19 T12 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init +4 | Per +5| Speed 20 Ft | Warhammer +4 (1d8+3)

"Free lunch, and a pie relay. I am liking this town! I'll bring us all back something, we can eat here and strategize for the upcoming race"

He winks, and stomps off to the tables unclipping his large shield as he goes. Once there he holds it up as some kind of servers platter and starts loading it up with a carefully balanced stack of food. He might have experience with this kind of thing...

He returns a short while later with a shield-full of food on one hand, and six jacks of mead in the other. Dwarves it seems are made for this kind of feasting.

"Right, enjoy everybody! I have no idea what you all like, so I just grabbed an assortment of everything."


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

This just to give you the information about what the pie relay entails so you can stragise better

Walking trough the town, some of you have already seen the setup, or know this standpoint staple game from earlier years.
This event is sponsored by Sandpoint Savories, with all the apple pies baked by the Avertin family. Unlike many competitive eating contests, it's not just about speed or endurance, but a mixture of the two. The entrance to the bakery serves as both the starting line and the finish. When the signal is given, all participants dash west along Sand Street to the first station, where they must eat their first pie. Once Aneka gives the all-clear, the contestant runs north up Glass Street to the second station, eating their second pie. Arika gives the all-clear here, and it is a squeeze through Rat Alley to the third and final station. Once their mother Alma gives the all-clear on the third pie, they must race back to the start down Main Street. The first one to cross is the winner!

None of the distances are extremely long, and none of the pies are huge, but many contestants are cramping and sick from eating and running by the time they head down Main Street (many have dubbed it “Puke Parkway,” for obvious reasons.) A hopeful must be able to quickly scarf down three apple pies, crust and all, and run back to the start without throwing up. Not an easy feat!

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 26/26 | AC 15 T 14 FF 12 | CMD 10| F +3 R +3 W +4 | Init + 3 | Perception +0 I Speed 20 Ft Arcane Pool 1/5

I'm being volunteered for rat alley aren't I?


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Goblin toss is a simple bean bag toss setup in the middle of the Sandpoint Market square. A board is setup with lines of three holes. The board is 10 feet from a throw line. The closest hole is the largest and the farthest hole is the smallest. There are buckets of beanbags sewn to look like Goblins by each of the three stations. Each bean bag has a Goblin name printed on it.
One copper piece per play. Take three Goblins and try to toss them into a fireplace.

Lighthouse smash has a table with nine square stones stacked on it in a pyramid shape. Three on the bottom, two in the middle, and one on top. There is a firing line 20' from the tables. Using the mini-catapult, try to knock down the stack of stones within three shots.
Two copper pieces to play. You get three shots.


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Eldira the Logical:

Ameiko blinks a couple of times at you before she processes what you just said.
She's in the middle of stacking bowls in crates. You often forget humans cant multitask like you can.
"Oh, eh, what? Eldira? You want a bottle of brandy of some sorts? Eh... sure. You can have it for free if you help me stack these last few items on the cart outside. One of the barlads called in sick so now I am a pair of hands short."

Ameiko grabs a bottle of Brandy from a shelve and puts it in a crate, before shoving the crates in your arms.
Picking another crate up she motions for you to follow.

Outside steaming pans of something that smells delicious are already loaded on a flatbed wagon. Other inn personnel are loading the last of the crates.
Leaving your crate (and grabbing your bottle of brandy), you help push the wagon to the square.

Arriving at the cathedral square, you see its packed full with people. In the rush of setting up, Ameiko pushes a laddle in your hands, and before you know it, you're scooping curry into bowls for hungry festival goers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 11/11 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 I | CMD 16 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init + 4 I Perception +6 I Speed 30 Ft I

After a couple of couple of festival visitor leave the cart with a "measured" helping of curry-spiced salmon, Eldira notices the fact, that this kind of enterprise is usually accompanied by some sort of verbal announcement. In a rare (glitch?) spurt of initiative she yells to the festival visitors (half full ladle in hand naturally):

"Come and get our (soon to be yours) curry-spiced salmon people. Our prices will not surprise you (since it is free), but it would be illogical to bring subpar goods (for obvious reasons). Come and get it while the temperature is steadily declining at a rate that is within established parameters!" (she really says all those things in brackets, but it's slightly off tone)

She was already handing out free food, so people still keep coming even though most of them needed a couple of seconds to translate. Of course, since she accompanied her commercial announcement with adequate "somatic components" other festival participants go the opportunity to try the curry... it even ended up on a plate or two.

The monotone work of handing out food doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest, after a couple of bowls the hand/eye coordination is as optimized as possible, and hungry festival goers get served with optimal efficiency.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 1/paladin 1| HP 31/31 | AC 17 T10 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +9 R +3 W +9 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | concentration +6| morningstar +4 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day D6

Vy smells the curry just before he hears the strange announcement. If there was only one thing he picked up from his travels with Taj and Daddy Diras, it's the acquired taste for curry.
"Curry!" he yelps and scurries away, dropping his wooden shield.
He approaches the table, and while waiting his turn he spots Ameiko. Ameiko! His hero! The one that inspired him! The one that showed him the courage to choose your own path is a honourable one.
While he grabs a bowl he calls out:
"Ameiko! Hohey! You're helping out with the Rusty Dragon?".
He turns around to give his bowl to the server and looks straight into the face of someone even weirder than himself.


crypt of the everflame map link:
citadel of flame map link:
rise of the runelords map link:

Ameiko looks up for a moment from handing out flagons of mead. Then she goes pale, dropping a mug at her feet.
Hardly noticing the spilled drink, she rushes over, grabbing your hands.
"Snowflake? Is... Is that you?"
Tears appear in her eyes. "It is you! Snowflake! Where have you been?! Look at how you've grown! When I returned from my adventure, the church had burned down and we thought you had died in the fire, just like your sister and father. What happened?"

She throws her arms around you, holding you tight.


Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 1/paladin 1| HP 31/31 | AC 17 T10 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +9 R +3 W +9 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | concentration +6| morningstar +4 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day D6

Vy can't get any whiter than he already is.
He tries to answer Ameiko
"আমি কারণ আগুন বাম . আর মৃত্যু . আমি ভীত ছিলাম. যে, তারা আমাকে দোষারোপ করবে"

Celestial:
"I left because of..of the fire. Andthe deaths. I was afraid. That they would blame me"


"Taj" | Female Peri-Blooded Aasimar Swashbuckler | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | CMD | F +2 R +5 W +0 | Init + 3 | Per +4, SM +2 | Speed 30 Ft | Spells: None | Active Conditions: Magic Weapon

“Oh, thank you, Rodrak! That was very cleverly done with your shield!” She makes sure that everyone gets a taste of everything, but puts down extra large portions for the child. Then Vy gets up, running for the curry stall, and ... Rataji sees him hugging that Tien woman as if she was a... sister? And smoke and flames rise from her hair, the spark of jealousy rising faster than she can stifle it. She runs over, bewildered by the conversation between Vy and the strange Tien woman cooking the curried salmon. She overhears them, flames dying in her hair and her eyes, and says in a very small hurt voice, "স্নো , আপনি একটি পরিবার ছিল . পিতা , বোন ... কেন আপনি কি আমাকে বল নি ?"

Celestial:
”Vy, you had a family. Father, sister... Why didn’t you tell me?”


Male agathion-blooded Aasimar (Idyllkin) Oracle 1/paladin 1| HP 31/31 | AC 17 T10 FF 17 | CMD 12 | F +9 R +3 W +9 | Init +0 | Per +1| Speed 20 Ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | concentration +6| morningstar +4 (1d8+2)|channel positive energy 4/day D6

Vy drops to his knees to try and catch his breath. And calm down

1 to 50 of 3,348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Woran's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.