GM Woran's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Woran

sandpoint information

Map Link

GM cheat sheet:

[dice=initiative Vitro]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Justin]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=initiative Snowflake]1d20[/dice]
[dice=initiative Dayo]1d20 + 7[/dice]
[dice=initiative Eoghan]1d20 + 2[/dice]

[dice=perception Vitro]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=perception Justin]1d20[/dice] or +10 with scent
[dice=perception Snowflake]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=perception Dayo]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=perception Eoghan]1d20 + 12[/dice] +1 for traps

[dice=will save vitro]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=will save Justin]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=will save snowflake]1d20 + 10[/dice]
[dice=will save Dayo]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=will save Eoghan]1d20 + 8[/dice]

[dice=fort save vitro]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=fort save Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=fort save snowflake]1d20 + 11[/dice]
[dice=fort save Dayo]1d20 + 10[/dice]
[dice=fort save Eoghan]1d20 + 9[/dice]

[dice=reflex save vitro]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save snowflake]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Dayo]1d20 + 14[/dice]
[dice=reflex save Eoghan]1d20 + 5[/dice]

[dice=Stealth Vitro]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Justin]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Snowflake]1d20 - 1[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Dayo]1d20 + 4[/dice]
[dice=Stealth Eoghan]1d20 + 5[/dice]


4,501 to 4,550 of 4,786 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo nods quietly, as if trying to imagine what this amalgamation would look like, but decides not to ask. He clutches his sword a little tighter as Eoghan works the lock.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

On the third try, Eoghan opens the lock.

The room is cold and damp; an old armoire stands near the east wall. The ceiling slopes down to only four feet high to the northeast, leaving little room for a small window. A full-size mirror in a dark wooden frame of coiling roses leans against these bricks, angled toward the tiny window.

A raven haired woman sits in front of the mirror, sobbing. Her flesh is unnaturally pale, and she has dark bruises around her throat. She seems completely focusses on her reflection in the mirror.

You've seen this woman before, on the portraits downstairs. This must be Iesha Foxglove, Aldern's wife.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Caught off guard, Dayo naively sheathes his sword and steps into the room.

"Humblest apologies, miss. We thought there might be a clown in here. Have you seen one recently? Is that what you were hiding from?"


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Coming closer, the ladies skin is very pale. She doesnt acknowledge Dayo at all.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Kn.Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 to identify whether she's suffering from undeath.

Scarab Sages

Ratfolk Biologist 4 / IT critter 3

This lady is defenitely some kind of Undead. Dayo thinks she might be a Revenant.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Any information?

Dayo clutches the silver holy symbol around his neck and asks Apsu for guidance (detect evil).


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

I put it in a spoiler tag but the forum ate it :(

Dayo:
You think this is a revenant, a type of undead fueled by hatred and a need for vengeance. A revenant has risen from the grave to hunt and kill its murderer. Devoid of any compassion, emotion, or logic, a revenant has but one purpose, and cannot rest until it has found vengeance.

A revenant’s existence is fueled by its hatred for its murderer. As long as the murderer exists, the revenant exists. If the murderer dies, the revenant is immediately slain.

When confronted with its reflection or any object that was important to it in life, a revenant can become overwhelmed with self-pity.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo releases his grip, utters a prayer of thanks to his lord, and sheathes his sword. Stepping backwards quietly, he addresses the figure in front of the mirror.

"We will find your murderer and right all that they stole from you."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

He then closes the door.

"Eoghan," he says quietly after the door has been closed, "Let's stand here for a moment, before opening this last door."

Basically waiting to see if she attacks us in a blind rage for even disturbing her.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

After you close the door, the quiet sobbing continues.

snowflake:
When you looked at the undead woman in the room, you feel a flash of pain in your neck. You're sure this was the woman strangled by the scarf downstairs.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

After checking the door, Dayo opens is carefully.

Shelves of books line the walls of this room, interspersed with curious objects such as skulls fitted with stubs of candles, tribal fetishes, and decorative scroll cases. An empty birdcage lies near the southern wall beside a small desk and a fine leather chair. Statues and sculptures grin from all corners of the room.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"Justin? This seems like your area of expertise."

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

"I prefer some semblance of ORDER in my library.. its like he cobbled together a greatest hits of creepy things at random. "

Detect magic sweep of the room, move lil brother timmy to the gilded cage

Snag the scarf and throw a mending on it just in case we need it later.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

appraise Justin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

While nothing magical is apperant, it could well be that some more mundane, but valuable items are hidden in the room between the sheer amount of objects.

There is a painting on the wall, and it catches Justin's eye.
The old painting is of a bullfight. The painting bears a plaque that reads “Throwdown in Swynetown,” and in the painting, vast crowds jeer and cheer the bullfighter on, the huge bull aurochs towering over him, its cruel forward-jutting horns each the length of a spear.
Dozens of bodies lie in the streets—the aurochs has clearly rampaged through them already, and although a score of brightly colored spears jut from the creature’s flanks and back, it still rages on.

In Justin's estimate, this painting could be worth several hundred gold pieces.

Justin:

Dozens of memories of expeditions, sea voyages, and travels to exotic locales race through your mind. As the memories build momentum, they become increasingly infused with a sense of bitter disappointment and regret, and you become increasingly aware that you are now receiving memories that never were, memories of fantastic discoveries you could have made had you not chosen to settle down with a shrill harpy of a wife.
Eventually the memories face, leaving you with regret, sadness and resentment towards your wife.

will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

Otherwise known as marriage.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

"Another thing us 'primitives' never adopted."

With nothing jumping out at the group, from either door, Dayo points to the floor with a raised eyebrow.

"Down to the basement?"


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

I see no objections so we'll go down

You descend down into the basement. The cramped stairs open up into a large room. A large oaken table, its surface covered with moldy stains and rat droppings, sits in the center of the room. Shelves line the walls, and an oversized fireplace dominates the northeast portion
of the room. When the manor was still in use, this was the kitchen.

The shelves in the southwest wall are in a much greater state of disarray, and two one-foot- wide cracks in the wall near the floor lead south into the earth beyond the basement walls.

updated the map

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

Dayos cats grace has probably worn off

Bulls strength +6 on Etrigran
Reduce person +4 dex on dayo

Once the rest of the room is cleared check out the fireplace.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Header updated ^_^


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Justin:
As the group takes a look around the old kitchen, you hear rats. A LOT of rats.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Ok, pushing onwards

As your voices echo trough the kitchen, there is suddenly a rapidly growing susurrus of oily bodies slithering through tight confines.
Two swarms of rats move into the kitchen from cracks in the walls.

init:

initiative Vitro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
initiative Justin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
initiative Snowflake: 1d20 ⇒ 7
initiative Dayo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
initiative Eoghan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
initiative Swarm red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
initiative Swarm blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Round 1

Inititative

Eoghan
Vitro
Dayo
Swarm blue
Justin
Swarm red
Snowflake

Eoghan, Vitro and Dayo can act!


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

I can't remember whether weapons affect swarms in this edition, so I'll just have Dayo full attack and see what happens ^_^

Flurrying Grace, Reduce Person: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 12
Magic, Slashing: 1d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14

Flurrying Grace, Reduce Person: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 12
Magic, Slashing: 1d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18

"Vitro, I assume some of your elven earth magic can help us with this?"


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

There you go, Eoghan, got those bad rolls out of the way for you ^_^


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

Depending on swarm size, weapons can do half damage. Looked it up, a regular rat swarm should get half damage from weapon attacks.
Also realised I wasn't healed from the window incident. >_> But, as one of the damage dealers, I'll go do my duty.

Eoghan five-foot steps and tries to thwack the blue swarm with his bastard sword.

Attack roll, with Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 2 + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27

Doing the math.. Normally I have a Strength of 18. Bull's Strength on top of it is 24, which is a +7. That's 10 damage. Power Attack for 6, and +1 for magic weapon, right?
Anyway, half that damage for a swarm, so that should be 13 damage on Blue.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +3 | Perception +5; Sense Motive -2 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | CMD 15 18 ES | F +2; R +4; W +2 | Speed: 30 | HP 26/26 | Spells Active: Mage Armor, Shield | Conditions: none | Spells remaining: {1:0/5, 2:4/4 } | Arcane Reservoir 5/8

"Perhaps.. I mostly prepared for single target enemies, but acid gas might help. Spread out, don't make the group an easy target."

VItro steps into the room, stomping on the ground as he does so until acid gas bubbles up from the earth and hits the blue swarm (unless Eoghan already killed them, then red.)

acid cloud: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
DC 16 Fort halves, but swarms will take +50%. Failing the save means Sickened for 1 round.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Dayo: Disturbed by the swarm, Dayo slashes wildly, failing to hit a single creature.

Eoghan: In a broad, low sweep, Eoghan manages to damage a large amount of rats.

Vitro: Conjures up an acid cloud, and the remaining rats in blue choose the better part of valor.

Round 1

Inititative

Eoghan
Vitro
Dayo
Justin
Swarm red
Snowflake

Justin is up!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

EEEEEK.. rats...

Justin moves back up the stairs scattering trail rations

"Really? Just move out of their way. they're more scare of you than you are of them. Not than I am of them though. "


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Justin: Runs away, totally not afraid.

Red swarm: Swarms over Dayo and Eoghan.

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

fort save Dayo: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
fort save Eoghan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

The feeling of all the bodies is gross but both Dayo and Eoghan manage to keep their cool.

Round 1

Inititative

Eoghan 6 damage
Vitro
Dayo 6 damage
Justin
Swarm red
Snowflake

Snowflake is up!


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Bump?


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

I'm putting Snowflake into delay.

Round 2

Inititative

Eoghan 6 damage
Vitro
Dayo 6 damage
Justin
Swarm red
Snowflake\

Eoghan, Vitro, Dayo and Justin can act!


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

Unperturbed, as if he's had worse things to deal with than being waist-deep in rats, Eoghan hacks through the pile with his bastard sword.

Attack roll, with Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 + 3 = 31
Damage: 1d10 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27

Blah, no crits on swarms, but again a nice amount of damage. Halved to 13 again.

Eoghan then steps away from the rats so he doesn't share the swarm with Dayo.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo also steps outside of the swarm and continues slashing at its outskirts.

Flurrying Grace#1: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 = 27
Magic, Slashing: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Flurrying Grace#2: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 2 = 19
Magic, Slashing: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

With brute power and grace, Eoghan and Dayo slice up the rat swarm. Whatever is left when they are done flees back into the cracks in the walls.

We're out of initiative


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

I think with Snowflake's Lifelink, both Eoghan and I would be healed for 5 each; then presumably he'd heal himself for most of that.

Once the rats flee and the party regroups, Dayo gestures to the door in front of him.

"Shall I?"


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

After letting Eoghan check the door, Dayo carefully opens it.

Two wine racks line the walls here, their shelves empty and dusty. Mounds of broken glass bottles clutter the floor.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"We're going to need a lot of this. later. "

This is where justin would keep potions to hide them so, detect magic.


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

No magic.

But trashy novels have thaught Justin that humans keep things hidden in wine cellars. Doing a thorough search might reveal something.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Dayo helps!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

If I were a game designer, I'd totally have a fight with a ghost here. Something to do with booze and "evil spirits" and such...

Eoghan carefully brushes the shards of glass out of his way as he scans the cellar.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Of course. I crit a swarm that can't be critted, but I still suck at perception.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Tall dwarf Xerox Of Xeros Link Level 3 druid

search: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3 10 higher with scent

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

hAQCHOOOOOOO

Cloud of dust and twitching whiskers.


Init +3 | Perception +5; Sense Motive -2 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | CMD 15 18 ES | F +2; R +4; W +2 | Speed: 30 | HP 26/26 | Spells Active: Mage Armor, Shield | Conditions: none | Spells remaining: {1:0/5, 2:4/4 } | Arcane Reservoir 5/8

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Oh sweet Cayden Cailean these rolls. I'm just going to assume everyone is assising someone and you'll make it.

Vitro spotssomething interesting on the top shelf of the western rack—a hinged and hidden compartment in the back wall.
Beyond is a narrow nook in which are hidden eight fine vintages of wine from the famed Vigardeis vineyard in distant Cheliax. Each bottle is worth 100 gp

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft

"They say they made the halflings shave their feet to squash the grapes for this vintage, and you can taste the shame. "

Next room


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rise of the Runelords map link:
Dead Suns:

Thank you. I was waiting for a Justin comment :D

The door next to the wine cellar is a pantry. The room has become a filthy, reeking lair of what must be hundreds, if not thousands, of rats. Swaths of fur cling to everything, and mounds of rat droppings cover
the floor.

Its clear that the swarms you encountered used to make this room their home, but they are gone now.

I'll also do the next door.

On the other side of the kitchen is another door.
Two bunks stand in the room, relatively free of dust and mold. A single chair lies on its side between them.
It is likely this used to be servant quarters.


LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Moved everyone to the remaining door.

"You would think that everyone should live in the upper levels. Mold sinks. It can flood. And, clearly, predators are more abundant."

Aid Eoghan's next Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


HP 45/49 | AC17 T10 FF15 CMD20 (+1 on all vs traps)| F+9 R+5 (+6 for traps) W+8 (immune to fear and disease)| Init+2 | Perception +12 (+1 for traps) (automatic Perception check within 10 ft of a trap, at +13), low-light vision | speed 20 ft

Eoghan inspects the door, with help from Dayo.

Perception, +1 in case of traps: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22

Hey guys, something just occurred to me. Maybe we should have a trapspotter in the party. I clearly can't find any.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

Just take 10 from now on. While statistically you'll typically roll better, math can't include variables for the seething animosity of artificial intelligence.

Scarab Sages

Male Ratfolk HP 42/42 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMD 10| F +4 R +4 W +5 +2 vs disease | Init + 3 | Perception +0/ +10 with scent I Speed 20 Ft
Eoghan Miskos wrote:

Eoghan inspects the door, with help from Dayo.

[dice=Perception, +1 in case of traps]1d20+12+2

Hey guys, something just occurred to me. Maybe we should have a trapspotter in the party. I clearly can't find any.

The position is trap finder, which you'll manage to do one way or another


2 people marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Human (Pld 3, Mnk 2) | HP 39 | AC 23, T 19, FF 17 | CMD 24 | Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +4 (Evasion; Immune to Fear/Disease) | Init +4 | Perc +5 (darkvision 10 ft; low-light vision) | Spd 30 ft | LoH 0/4 | Smite 0/1 | Stunning Fist 0/2 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | (( Loot Sheet ))

I just realized why Starfinder Justin is nicer than Pathfinder Justin. The existence of cell phones makes reporting a hostile work environment to HR easier ^_^

4,501 to 4,550 of 4,786 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Woran's Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.