GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Starship Combat Cheatsheet
Tactical Map


1 to 50 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Dot in here

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Telepathic mark

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Dot

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Wheeeeee


PbP Kit Honor's Echo Maps

dotting - character being rolled later today so this is just a placeholder. Look forward to it :-)

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

dotting as my new character, 'Catchy'. Still tweaking the AI drone but his stats are all done.

Dark Archive

You meet in the Downlow district at the Exo- Guardians’ new headquarters, a recently renovated warehouse, where head of the faction, Zigvigix, summons you for a mission briefing.

If you have played the Commencement:
You recognize this warehouse as the one you cleared out for the Exo-Guardians.

An augmented host shirren watches a bustling crew move office equipment from several large pallets into a large warehouse, while other workers weld scrap metal to gaps in the warehouse’s walls. The shirren occasionally directs a crew member and makes a note on a datapad. The shirren, Zigvigix, notices their new guests and turns to telepathically project a greeting.

I see Gunnz has the “Star Sugar Heartlove!!!” Boon.

Zigvigix wears a set of shoulder speakers that blast out sugarpop music from the band Strawberry Machine Cake. They bounce in place along to the music. “Welcome back! Isn’t this song the best? I’ve been playing it on loop for hours!” Behind the excited shirren, several grizzled-looking station workers, each carrying a side of a heavy-looking holotable, roll their eyes.

“Thanks for coming—I hope you’ll understand if I keep this brief; we’ve got a lot of work to do to get our new headquarters up and running, and you are on a short timetable. A ysoki salvage barge named the Clutter Collector, captained by a ysoki named Winks, picked up a distress-beacon transmission in the Drift. Winks didn’t have time to check it out, but she sold the data to the Society when she reached Absalom Station. How nice of her!"

If you have played in Yesteryear's Truth:
You come across Winks and the Clutter Collector in the Drift! Nice little throwback.

“Well, it turns out that this beacon came from the Struggle’s Scholar, a kasathan ship that…” Zigvigix pauses for effect as their antennae wiggle excitedly. “…escaped from Sangoro’s Bulwark! If you don’t know, the Bulwark was the old base of operations for the Exo-Guardians. Now, First Seeker Luwazi wisely grounded us from investigating the Bulwark after all contact was lost with it shortly after the Scoured Stars incident, but we can’t pass up this opportunity to learn what happened there. We might even be able to find the coordinates to our missing headquarters. Wouldn’t it be joyous to have a large fortress to play loud music in?”

Zigvigix hands over a datapad. “Here are the coordinates of the distress signal. It is unlikely any of the crew survived, or they’d be here by now. So be on the lookout for bodies. Since the crew is mostly kasathas, it would mean a lot to their extended families if you could bring back their remains or keepsakes to the Idari! Otherwise, salvage any data you can—especially the ship’s log—as it could tell us what happened to Sangoro’s Bulwark. This datapad also holds a one-time-use decrypter that will let you decode the Exo-Guardians ciphers used on the distress signal. Good luck!”

Zigvigix does note that the Drake’s combat prowess might protect them from threats in the Drift, while the expanded logistical capabilities of the Pegasus could be useful in retrieving or interpreting data.

You now have the choice of the Drake or the Pegasus class ship.And finalize your Boon slots. This scenario is of high importance to the Exo-Guardians Faction.

Tiered Culture check on what you may know conccerning the Exo-Guardians and Sangoro’s Bulwark.

Culture DC 5+:
A vesk named Sangoro founded the Exo-Guardians, which is an especially unusual fact, given the long hostilities between the Veskarium and the Pact Worlds. Many Starfinders initially did not trust him, even after he provided the Society with a huge fortress on a remote planet to operate out of. Sangoro later dedicated himself and his followers to protecting the Society from external threats, forming the Exo-Guardians faction within the Starfinder Society.

Culture DC 10+:
The fortress Sangoro bequeathed to the Starfinder Society was the only structure on the planet. It was a massive edifice left by some forgotten race, with extensive underground tunnels and storage vaults. The Exo-Guardians kept a large stockpile of equipment within the Bulwark, letting field agents on missions in the Vast access necessary items without traveling back to Absalom Station. Because of the importance of these resources, the exact coordinates of Sangoro’s Bulwark were kept from most Starfinders, and ships traveled to the location only by using encrypted flight plans.

Culture DC 15+:
Shortly after the Scoured Stars incident led to the disappearance of most Starfinder Society field agents and leadership, an unknown force overwhelmed Sangoro’s Bulwark, and—until now—there have been no survivors or distress calls. With this attack, the Society’s data archives lost all information on the exact location of Sangoro’s Bulwark, with even nominated First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo bereft of such knowledge. Only the Society’s amalgam digital consciousness, Guidance, might know the location, but it has ignored all requests to provide the data.

Culture DC 20+:
Some rumors from the few Starfinders who visited the Bulwark before the fall report that the Drift and Material Plane space surrounding the area was prone to strange events. Exactly how these dangers manifest varies by each rumor, but it appears the space surrounding the Bulwark’s home system is prone to odd interplanar abnormalities. Starships are advised to carry powerful scanners to identify potential stellar hazards and bleeding between the planes.

So far for roles we have: Let me know if want to change
Gunnz (Pilot)
Dakka (Gunner)
Aegis-9 (Captain)
Dokushisoka "Doku" (???)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku is next to completely useless in Starship combat. The only thing he can even do at all is captain...

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Doku grows visibly excited, though the chatter comes telepathically. He gives the complete run down. Sorry for the lack of prose, sneaking this in while sick in bed.... playing VTT ;-)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"I love what you have done with the place." says Gunnz, as she looks around the old warehouse.

"If you added a couple of extra sets of speakers, we could have a great dance party in here, out of hours obviously." She can't help but start doing a little dance as the sweet sounds of Star Sugar Heartlove echo through the place.

"What else did the beacon say? Do we know who was the pilot, and what sort of rituals or keepsakes would the Idari like?"

Glancing at the others she admits "I like the maneuverability of the Pegasus myself."

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

The small Ysoki lifts his head into the air. His nostrils flare as he breathes in the cool damp air of the warehouse. After a few seconds, he lowers his head and smiles at Zigvigix Sorry about that. Whenever someone mentions Kasathan's I always check to see if it has tainted the air. He winks. In all seriousness, I'll do what I can for the guardians with pleasure. I don't mind which ship we take - for my skills are more useful on the ground. I am Catchy- by name and by nature He gives a small bow and then looks across at the human, dressed like a pilot and think she could probably fly either.

As he twirls his whiskers, a small drone lowers itself quietly behind him, tiny motors whirring silently as it rotates slowly through 180 degrees, a weapon mounted underneath its main axle. This is JJ. Not much for combat, despite the gun, but I bet none of you saw him coming! he grins.

JJ is a stealth drone

Culture check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

I have heard of the missing Bulwark. I am sure with an hour alone with Guidance she would tell me her secrets. We should pursue this

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"And if Guidance doesn't want us to know the Bulwark's location...is it really wise to seek it out?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

A great many achievements of the Pact Worlds are lost, but for the want of a little courage. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. And I say that as someone who has travelled from Akiton. Catchy smiles at the Pilot Besides, you look like you can handle yourself.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"I've always preferred handling others." admits Gunnz with a wink.

"No, you miss my concern. If Guidance knows where the bulwark is, and doesn't want to share it, that would probably indicate there was some reason... and I'm curious about what that reason would be."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"Locating the Bulwark would indeed be major victory for the Society, particularly since the tragedy of the Scoured Stars Incident." Aegis-9's deep, controlled voice cuts through the blasting sugarpop music.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

More to follow in about an hour

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

As he continues to speak, Aegis-9 moves to stand by Zigvigix. As the android's heavy, metallic boots strike against the floor panels, the sound seems to echo off the walls of the warehouse in contrast to the high-pitched notes that fill the air.

“Of course", Aegis-9 says, "the return of the Bulwark would be a great benefit to the Exo-Guardians as well.”

“The Bulwark was lost to the Society when it fell to an, as of yet, unknown force. Whatever the nature of these invaders, they clearly had access to coordinates of the Bulwark. Those coordinates were a closely-guarded secret of the Society. Though it pains my circuits to think about it”, the android somberly states, “it would seem that at least some of the Society secrets... have been compromised.”

Aegis-9 pauses in a seemingly contemplative manner, before stating, “And if Starfinder Society secrets been compromised, then there is the possibility that Guidance may have been as well." The android reaches backward and places its strong, metal hand on the back of its neck. "The very thought makes the microfilaments on the back of my technoframe stand up on end.”

"As for our choice of transport, while the Drake provides superior armament and defensive capability, the science lab and tech workshop that the Pegasus affords may be of aid in retrieving and salvaging whatever data the Struggle’s Scholar may still hold.

Captain is probably Aegis-9's strongest roll, but I am fine switching roles. Also, my understanding is that we can choose to switch roles during combat in the *off chance* that we should find ourselves under attack!

Dark Archive

Gunnz wrote:
"What else did the beacon say? Do we know who was the pilot, and what sort of rituals or keepsakes would the Idari like?"

"The beacon still remains to be decoded. I have sifted through numerous records. They don't seem to contain the Captain's name." Zigvigix flutters through a stack of papers before looking at Gunnz. "I am sure the Idari would like the remains of their lost loved ones returned or possibly their possessions."

So far we have 1 vote Pegasus. 1 vote Drake

Changed roles around per your requests / sign in sheet. Let me know if anyone wants anything different. You can change middle of combat, though there can only be 1 Captain and 1 Pilot.
Gunnz (Gunner)
Dakka (Gunner)
Aegis-9 (Pilot)
Dokushisoka "Doku" (Captain)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"I may be better off driving, although I'm more than happy to fire the turret" notes Gunnz.

"I mean, the last time I look our the Pegasus, it's not like the entire crew threw up. There was an android among us."

I'm five points better than Aegis at piloting, and only four points better at gunnery. Perhaps more importantly, I'm generally a fast poster and that is important for the pilot who has the initiative roll as well as deciding what manoeuvres to make. That said I do an extra point of damage with a laser, which may be handy.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Sorry GM - just still wading through the CRB! Catchy would put himself forward for an engineering role on any starship

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

If we have enough for multiple gunners, I say Drake, but I wouldn't object to anything.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"Admittedly, my experience flying the Pegasus and the Drake is limited to live training exercises and simulator runs." says Aegis-9. "There is no doubt in my diodes that Gunnz's flying expertise will serve us well on this expedition."

The bulky android moves next to Gunnz, patting her shoulder with its massive, metallic hand. "And, since Gunnz will be the one behind the flight controls, I think it only logical to defer to her choice for a starship."

Aegis-9 looks to the rest of the assembled crew, hoping to provide some inspiration for the mission ahead. "We are ready for this difficult mission. Though it may be fraught with danger, I have faith that each of us will be able to rise to the challenge."

"Starfinders", the android cries out dramatically, as the soundtrack provided by Strawberry Machine Cake seems to timely crescendo, "Let us transport and
move out!"

Rather than hash it out in this thread, I've stated my 2 cents as to what appear to be our starship assignments in the Discussion thread.

Dark Archive

Sounds good on assignments and Pegasus it is.

Days Travel: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 1, 6) = 20

It takes 20 days to make the journey through the Drift to the distress-signal location provided by the Clutter Collector. You depart alongside another Starfinder Society starship, a bulk freighter called the Promise of the Future. The freighter keeps communications open with your starship for as long as it can, though it splits paths with you after only 2 days of Drift travel.

While the freighter’s captain is too busy to communicate with the you, a Starfinder team onboard the Promise of the Future willingly chats. These passengers are kalos, aquatic monstrous humanoids native to the Brethedan moon of Kalo- Mahoi. This group, calling themselves the Manta Corps, formed a tight-knit party that the Starfinder Society often sends on missions of importance in underwater locales. The Manta Corps eagerly trade stories with any PCs communicating with the Promise of the Future but refuse to speak about their classified mission.

Members of the Manta Corps include the following:
• Deepspeaker Alluguoth: A soft-spoken kalo who appreciates wisdom and information.
• Mantarider Ushuul: A headstrong soldier who fights with an automatic machine gun. He likes showing off his weapon, named “Muncher,” even via grainy video transmissions.
• Mantarider Suulhu-Huur: An enthusiastic melee fighter who wields an energized trident. She offers to spar with you, should you meet in person.
• Wavetreader Vhoosh: The quietest member of the group, Vhoosh is most interested in hearing about the combat exploits of yours—specifically, what impressive kills you might have accrued.

As you close in on the location of the Struggle’s Scholar’s distress beacon, you detect a large field of roughly two dozen asteroids surrounding the source of the signal.

DC 15 Mysticism or Physical Science:
You recognize these as chunks of obsidian likely native to the Elemental Plane of Earth and ripped here thanks to the use of a Drift engine.

Scan and DC 15 Computers:
You discover that the interiors of these asteroids hold molten stone. You theorize that a hit by any weapon will puncture the obsidian shell and imparts the shot’s momentum to the asteroid, causing it to violently hurl magma into nearby space.

A vesk starship, the Honorbound, approaches opposite your own, heading toward the asteroid field at top speed. The Honorbound is ablaze on either side with three bright-red thrusters, which are reminiscent of the energy blades of a plasma doshko.

DC 15 Engineering:
You realize that the thruster emissions are decorative and not functional.

DC 10 Mysticism (Priest Theme gains a +5 bonus to this check):
You recognize these features as a representation of the symbol of Damoritosh, the vesk god of conquest, duty, and war.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Mysticism 2: 1d20 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 5 = 28

Telepathically, "The rocks look like they've been ripped from the Drift, starting in the Plane of Earth.

After looking at the ship, Doku gives a curious head tilt, [i]"I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but that Vesk ship has the markings of Damoritosh... the god of duty... and conquest.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

While communications are open with the Promise of the Future, Aegis-9 takes the opportunity to speak with them. ”Greetings, members of the esteemed Manta Corps!” Aegis-9 says, ”When I learned that we would be traveling together, even if only for a short time, the very thought warmed my internal capacitors.”

Aegis-9 attempts to put the Manta Corps at ease and gain their confidence.(Skill Expertise – Diplomacy) the responses of the Manta Corps.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 6 + (3) = 20

“I am Aegis-9--Member of the Exo-Guardians and Defender of the Pact Worlds. To that end, I and the other members of this valiant crew have been charged with investigating a distress call received from the Struggle’s Scholar, a kasathan ship that escaped from Sangoro’s Bulwark! If you are able to any information to my colleagues and I regarding that vessel or the Bulwark, it would be greatly appreciated.”

Assuming the Manta Corps knows of the Bulwark, Aegis-9 probes further, “What do you know of the fate of the Bulwark? How do you think an invasive force would have obtained such sensitive coordinates?”

At an opportune time, Aegis-9 adds, “What do you think is the reason for Guidance’s apparent… inability… to provide the coordinates of the Bulwark to the current members of the Exo-Guardians?”

Aegis-9 carefully considers (Skill Expertise – Sense Motive) the responses of the Manta Corps.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 2 + (2) = 12

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:
As you close in on the location of the Struggle’s Scholar’s distress beacon, you detect a large field of roughly two dozen asteroids surrounding the source of the signal.

Once the ship approaches to the signal source, Aegis-9 attempts to scan the asteroids.

Computers: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14

"Preliminary scans of the asteroid field are... inconclusive."

Dark Archive

Back with the Manta Corps.

The Manta Corps don't have many answers for Aegis-9. Mantarider Ushuul: comes to the screen. "Wish we knew more to help you. We don't get to spend much time back on Absalom Station. We are back for probably a day or two at most before getting sent out again. Not enough time to hear much I am afraid." Mantarider heaves his machine gun up to the screen and pulls the trigger, causing the empty cylinder to whirl. "Nothing 'Muncher' can't fix though." he smiles a toothy smile.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:

Back with the Manta Corps.

The Manta Corps don't have many answers for Aegis-9. Mantarider Ushuul: comes to the screen. "Wish we knew more to help you. We don't get to spend much time back on Absalom Station. We are back for probably a day or two at most before getting sent out again. Not enough time to hear much I am afraid." Mantarider heaves his machine gun up to the screen and pulls the trigger, causing the empty cylinder to whirl. "Nothing 'Muncher' can't fix though." he smiles a toothy smile.

"No need to apologize, Mantarider. I wish you safe travels and may The All-Code guide you in your endeavors."

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Catchy appears on the bridge I guess we must be nearly th... He stops and casts his rodent-like eyes out into the darkness of space and the ring of asteroids surrounding what he assumes is the source of the distress signal

Physical Science Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

His nose twitches, and he gives a nonchalant shrug of his haunches Sometimes a rock is just a rock folks He turns to the computer console, spinning in his chair as he directs the onboard scanner at the nearest of the rocks. After a few seconds, his screen lights up with the chem analysis.

Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Interesting...we should be wary Gunzz. The analysis shows that these asteroids hold molten stone. I suspect that any weapon will puncture the obsidian shell and imparts the shot’s momentum to the asteroid, causing it to violently hurl magma into nearby space. Basically, you don't want to be around when that happens

It's then that he notices the Veskian starship and it's strange looking thrusters

Engineering check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Well well well, this is interesting. I lived most of my life on Akiton and I saw every trader that ever came through the Hivemarket and I'm telling you now - those thrusters don't look right. In fact, I'm not even sure they are real. They're almost...decorative. We should be cautious

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Ketch "Catchy" Arl wrote:


Interesting...we should be wary Gunzz. The analysis shows that these asteroids hold molten stone. I suspect that any weapon will puncture the obsidian shell and imparts the shot’s momentum to the asteroid, causing it to violently hurl magma into nearby space. Basically, you don't want to be around when that happens

It's then that he notices the Veskian starship and it's strange looking thrusters

Well well well, this is interesting. I lived most of my life on Akiton and I saw every trader that ever came through the Hivemarket and I'm telling you now - those thrusters don't look right. In fact, I'm not even sure they are real. They're almost...decorative. We should be cautious

"Agreed, Catchy." Aegis-9 bellows. "We should proceed with caution. It may be that the Veskian ship is simply here to respond to the distress signal. However, the timing of its arrival, coinciding with our own, should be enough reason for us to remain vigilant."

"Regardless of their intentions, we do not want those asteroids to imperil the Vesk vessel or our own." says Aegis-9. "Catchy advised us not to fire upon the asteroids, but it is possible that a ship's thrusters could be equally destructive."

"Decorative or not, the other ship should be advised to keep its thrusters away from the asteroids in order to keep it and ourselves out of danger." suggests Aegis-9.

"Shall I open a channel to the other ship, Captain?"

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

In the Drift
Gunnz is more than happy to talk with the Manta corps, although her discussion of weaponry is more typically around ship guns than those carried by a normal person.

"And Lasers, I developed this great new capacitor that really helps put the "Z" into Zap!"

At the signal
"Right, so if we run into trouble, don't hide behind an asteroid. But if trouble is hiding behind one... we should try firing on it. "

She carefully manoeuvres the Pegasus closer toward the old ship, trying to beat the Vesk vessel to it.

"Strap in boys. Just in case." she says in a deceptively girlish giggle.

"And I make sure there is a good supply of barf bags, to the left of each seat."

pilot: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Dark Archive

The Honorbound slows as it detects your vessel. A line of communication opens up as a large Vesk appears on the screen.

Vesk:
"Greetings Starfinders. I am Captain Yuluzak of the HonorBound."
The grating voice almost seems to growl.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Well, he knows who we are. Let us hope he wants to be friendly." says Gunnz.

Her eyes however are on the tracking screens as she watches the other ship, trying to work out how it moves.

"Not opening up with a missile is good. Say hello to him maybe and that we are here responding to a distress beacon."

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

I'm all for not picking a fight says Catchy, JJ spinning idly three feet over his head. Dokushisoka, you want to sweet talk these chest-beaters?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

For the first time, Doku speaks "I shall do my best, though I have no proficiency with the Vesk tongue."

He flicks a switch to open up line of communication, "Greetings honorable and worthy disciples of Damoritosh. We greet you with forthrightness and friendship. We are hear to investigate a mystery. A mystery for which cooperation would be helpful. We are the Starfinder Ship, Drake, and I am Dokushisoka."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:

The Honorbound slows as it detects your vessel. A line of communication opens up as a large Vesk appears on the screen.

The grating voice almost seems to growl.

Aegis-9 looks over the Vesk on the viewscreen. Recalling what he knows about the Vesk society and culture (Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 ), the android tries to get a sense of the creature's motives for being in this patch of space at this point in time. (Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 2 + (1) = 14 ).

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Assuming there is time to do so as the Veskian starship approaches, Aegis-9 will scan the approaching vessel (otherwise, he attempts to do so while the Vesk is speaking).

Computers with aid from ship: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26

DC = 10+ tier of Veskian ship + Veskian ship's defensive bonus. For every 5 by which the check exceeds the DC, another piece of information is learned starting with Basic Information (crew complement, classification, size, speed, maneuverability), then Defenses (AC, TL, hull points, current shield points, core PCU valve), then one Weapon, etc.(CRB pg. 325).

Dark Archive

The Vesk switches over to the common language. "Greetings Starfinders. I am Captain Yuluzak of the HonorBound." He says with a tone of respect. "The Honorbound is a salvage ship scouring the Drift for finds important to the Veskarium. I admit the mission is not the most glorious or honorable, but the threat of the Swarm demands the Veskarium investigate all avenues of advancement to prepare against the next invasion." The Captain looks eagerly at the screen. "What is your history?"

While the Captain is speaking Aegis scans the Honorbound. The scan comes back as a Medium transport. Average speed (8) with an average turning radius (2) Drift (1). Average AC (14) and TL (14); Its Hull is far superior for its time (HP 70). Basic shields are full in all quadrants (40; 10 in each quadrant). The power unit looks to be of the Arcus Heavy class. (PCU 130). There looks to be a flak thrower (3d4) armed on the forward quadrant and a gyrolaser (1d8) armed on the aft quadrant.

Vesk Society and Culture:

Vesk society is highly organized and militaristic. While merchants and others with peaceful professions can advance economically, political power is the exclusive domain of those who’ve proven themselves in armed conflict. Surprisingly, this proof doesn’t need to come through military service, or even benefit the Veskarium. Many vesk attain similar elevation in social status through performing mercenary work, engaging in dueling, or providing security on exploration missions. Though obsessed with conquest, dominance, and social rank, vesk have an equally strong sense of honor and pride in fulfilling their agreements and treating subordinates of all races fairly. They are stoic and taciturn with strangers but capable of great bursts of emotion in private or in the heat of battle. Vesk society tends to be efficient, respectful, and law-abiding—especially since nearly any insult or violation of custom could trigger a brutally violent blood debt. Even outside of their home system, vesk are most often lawful, though usually according to their own code of honor rather than that of whatever society they happen to be in.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku sees no reason to be secretive or duplicitous, "We are an exploratory team of Starfinders. We come to investigate a lost Kasathan ship whose beacon we've tracked to this location. I see no reason we can't both complete our missions."

Dark Archive

The Vesk frowns. "I regret to inform you that I cannot allow you to proceed with your salvaging mission. I also recognize that you cannot simply back down as well. My understanding is that The Honorbound and the Starfinder Ship, Pegasus need to battle over this beacon. I offer several rules to this battle:" Captain Yuluzak takes the next couple of minutes to list out his proposed rules for the forthcoming battle. Reminder you guys chose the Pegasus Doku. Or are you just nameing the ship Drake? :)

• The combatants will not intentionally target the life support
systems of their enemy.
• The combatants will abstain from targeting the rear arc—
warriors should face the enemy head on.
• Combat is over once an enemy starship is crippled.
• Each captain can surrender at any point during the duel.

"Do you accept the terms of our duel?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I'm misremembering. Oops.

Doku looks at the others. I feel that to say no is to invite hostility regardless. I vote yes.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

I, for one, would prefer a more peaceful... or at least less destructive... resolution. Aegis-9 responds telepathically. A duel, such as that which the Vesk proposes, could last for a good while and lead to costly repairs.

However, I am not one to back down from a challenge. Perhaps we could offer an alternative method of proving battle prowess--one that does not result in damage to either ship. A duel of marksmanship for instance.

Aegis-9 looks out the portal of the ship at the asteroids that surround the source of the beacon. Those asteroids could serve as targets. the android thinks, knowing its thought will be received by the shirren's mind. The threat of their molten cores may pose enough danger to satisfy the Vesk's sense of honor. We would, of course, have to be careful not to cause damage to the beacon, but that would of course make the challenge all the greater for the skillful Vesk, and ourselves, to overcome!

Should our efforts at diplomacy fail, then we could resort to the duel the Vesk proposes. At the very least, the proposed terms should be sufficient to prevent the unnecessary loss of life.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Tch...told you they were chest-beaters. All Vesk are one and the same. Can they not see that our ship is not designed for combat? Catchy approaches the bridge and slaps Aegis on the shoulder with a hearty and satisfying metallic thud. Let us not worry. I have some tricks up my sleeve and I have all confidence that a battle of wits is going to be cruelly short for these lizards. I say duel!

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Just say yes" smiles Gunnz.

"We should be able to fly circles around them. They have no side on guns, so with a big of luck I can stay to port or starboard of them, and we'll be sweet."

She checks out the starfield "And if we can get them close to one of those asteroids..."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku looks at the others, and being the sporting, but not dueling sort telepathically communicates to the crew, I'm going to say yes, be ready so we can get the jump on them.

"Yes."

Go!

Dark Archive

Captain Yuluzak claps his hands in delight. "I wish you luck in the duel to come." Turning to his crew he begins issuing commands. "Ready your stations!"

Honorbound Round 1 Piloting Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Captain Yuluzak begins to encourage his pilot. "Full thrusters! Push all energy to the weapons and target their engines!"

Captain Encourage (Pilot)DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Engineering Divert (Weapons) DC 13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Science Officer target System (Engines) DC 8: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Starfinders are up. Honorbound has not moved until I see Gunnz Pilot roll for the round. Gunnz at the end of each of your rounds could you post the next rounds Piloting Init check please.

Starfinders are Green ship. Honorbound is red.

Honorbound- (+2 Pilot; Crit Engines on 19-20)

Round 1
Captain (Doku)-May act on any Phase
Engineering Phase (Catchy)

Helm Phase (Gunnz- pilot)- If you get under a 25 then go ahead with your action.
Gunnery Phase (Aegis-9)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz smiles as she hits the boosters, trying to get the jump on the slow Vesk ship.

"Wheeeee

initiative: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 = 15

However she muffs hitting the boosters to full power, and the crew get a much more gentle acceleration than she was initially intending.

Dark Archive

Tactical Map and Starship Combat Cheatsheet are posted at the top of the page.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Updated with Pegasus move

Dark Archive

Mind rolling Round 2 Init while you are here.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

It's on! "I think keeping the pressure on is best. Let's get'em Fire!!!!" Diplomacy Encourage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 +2 to Aegis-9's gunnery

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Catchy's furry hands fly over the console in a rapid blur. Meanwhile, JJ hovers silently over his head, rotating slowly through his 180 degree arc. After a few second, Catchy pushes away from the console, wheels squeaking across the floor.

I've tweaked the weapon engagement ratio a little. Nothin' major, just a slight adjustment to the fuel flow rates. You don't need to worry about the science, just my awesomness. You'll get a bit more oomph out of those weapons. Feel free to aim at the Vesk's face

Engineering check to boost weapons: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Divert Power:
You can divert power to any starship system. DC is 12 (10 + 2x starship level). Sending to weapons means any roll of a 1 is treated as a 2 for this round

1 to 50 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.