GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Starship Combat Cheatsheet
Tactical Map


301 to 350 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Gunnz tries a few fancy moves as she juggles her pistol from one hand to the other. The laser pistol flips through the air as she fumbles around with it instead of shooting.

Aegis swings his force baton through the incorporeal dead. The hazy undead looks nearly translucent as it is almost completely dissipated but yet barely remains in this world.

Round 9
------------------------------
Undead (-29)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 6/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)

Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 4/10)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Since the trick worked last time, Doku tries another. He leaves his readied position and rushes for the doorway. As soon as he sees the creature, he weaves a spell to Daze it. Will DC 13 neg.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

The glow accompanying Doku's daze spell illuminates the whole of the creature's incorporeal form.

As Aegis-9 looks up at the floating apparition, the stern features on his face begin to melt into a grin. I am no priest or mystic, thinks the android as he spies his companions through the undead spirit's now, nearly transparent form, but it appears to me that the creature is dissipating! It would seem that whatever anchor has been tethering the twisted remains of Yotto's spirit to our universe has finally begun to cut-loose!

The android gives a nod to his colleagues in the doorway. Anticipating another, possibly fatal, attack from the beast before getting his own chance to strike, Aegis-9 takes a step back. He closes his eyes and hardens his transistors for the monster’s next hit. ”Just one more shot!’ he shouts to his fellow Starfinders, ”Should bring this nightmare to an end!”

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

I hear you Aegis! cries Catchy as he unleashes a round at the creature I'd like to say it's been a pleasure but, you know...

Tactical pistol attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catchy, you're missing a d6 on the damage.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Dokushisoka wrote:
Catchy, you're missing a d6 on the damage.

Unfortunately, incorporeal foes are immune to all non-magic kinetic attacks.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I missed that. I was thinking azimuth in my head.

Dark Archive

@Doku- Unfortunately undead are also immune to mind affecting effects.

Doku weaves the magic of the universe itself and it seems to have zero effect on the undead as Catchy's well aimed bullet passes cleanly through the incorporeal head only to stick into the hull on the otherside.

Incorporeal Claw vs Aegis EAC 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Aegis isn't even sure what exactly strikes him but is unconscious and dying on the floor before he knows it. His android fluids leak out of his armor as the drift dead's clawed appendage leaves his body.

You don't go below 0 HP. You are now Unconscious and Dying. At the end of each round (Starting next) you lose 1 RP. There are three ways to stabilize. (CRB Page 250-251)
1. Someone perform first aid DC 15 Medicine Check.
2. Any sort of healing
3. Spend RP = to 1/4 your max (Min 1). This will end the dying effect. You can spend additional RP to Stay in the fight by spending 1 additional RP. If you do you gain 1 HP and become conscious once again.

The drift dead floats closer to Catchy and Gunnz, focusing it's venomous glare on it's next target.

Round 10
------------------------------
Undead (-29)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 6/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 0/10; Dying; Prone; Unconscious)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku stands still as he reaches within to heal without. All allies within 30' regain 2d8 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 HP.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Once again springing to consciousness on the floor of the starship, Aegis-9 realizes, Yet again, Doku has supplied me with the energy necessary to resume functioning. Now, I must supply the will. The android looks for the baton that he had been holding and spots it nearby. If I grab it and rise, the Drift dead will drop me yet again before I have a chance to use it.

Through the restless spirit’s form, Aegis-9 sees Gunnz. If she tries to use her laser pistol, the monster will strike her. I must distract it to keep that from happening. Hopefully, while I have its attention, Gunnz can finish it off with a final shot!

Aegis-9 grabs the force baton. Brandishing the weapon, the android attempts to rise to its feet, crying out to the creature in an attempt to draw its ire! Double move action.

"You haven't finished me yet, Yotto!" chides Aegis-9, hoping that reminding the creature of her past is likely to fuel her anger. "Doing so would require a lot more arms than you've got, kasatha! Go ahead, give me your worst!"

Aegis-9 could either attack from prone at a -4 or try to stand, provoking an attack of opportunity. After going back and forth, I decided that Aegis-9 would stand. Assuming that the Drift dead gets only one reaction, and thus, only one attack of opportunity, it is my hope that it will use it to try and bring down Aegis-9 and thus free Gunnz or to take her shot, giving us a better chance at finishing this fight.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz, seeing her companions falling juggles her gun again, trying to get the right angle on the horrible ghost.

trick shot, DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 <- maybe vs FF but I doubt it. !%&%!
But despite her name, the fear of the undead overcomes her and while she could hit a barn door, anything smaller would seem to be beyond her abilities.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

They didn't abandon me. thinks Aegis-9 after feeling the surge of energy from Doku and seeing Gunnz and Catchy firing at the creature. I told them to go, but they didn't leave. They are, indeed, stalwart companions. I just hope that their decision doesn't cost them their lives!

Then, recalling Catchy's projectile having no effect on the creature, Aegis-9 calls out, "Catchy, the other baton! Get it! If you are hell bent on confronting this creature, you had best be properly armed!"

I don't recall who had the other baton. I think it may have been dropped in the room across the hallway from where Aegis-9 and the creature are.

Dark Archive

Catchy is up.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

I am not sure where the other baton is but...

If Baton within reach:
I'm on in Aegis! Catchy grabs the baton and strikes it at the creature, putting all of his energy into connecting with the pulsing mass

Attack with Baton: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

If baton out of reach:
[b] Aegis! I can't reach it, but here, take this. Catchy gives Aegis his last basic medkit

Dark Archive

Doku stands still as his healing aura pulses out to all within the room, healing their more immediate wounds.

Catchy moves after the second baton as he withdraws from the room back to the captain's body, where Gunnz dropped the weapon.

Gunnz continues to juggle the weapon around and continues to miss as she sends sparks into the floor. The Drift dead claws at her as she fires.

AoO vs Gunnz EAC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The incorporeal claw rends through her spirit and flesh.

Aegis-9 becomes alert and awake. Seeing the undead focused on Gunnz Aegis works his way to his feet. The Drift dead turns. It's anger lashes out at all those nearby, dropping Aegis to the floor once again, though he was able to fend of Gunnz from a similar fate.

Claw vs Aegis EAC 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Claw vs Gunnz EAC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

You don't go below 0 HP. You are now Unconscious and Dying. At the end of each round (Starting next) you lose 1 RP. There are three ways to stabilize. (CRB Page 250-251)
1. Someone perform first aid DC 15 Medicine Check.
2. Any sort of healing
3. Spend RP = to 1/4 your max (Min 1). This will end the dying effect. You can spend additional RP to Stay in the fight by spending 1 additional RP. If you do you gain 1 HP and become conscious once again.

Pulse Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 76

The shields continue to hold.

Round 11
------------------------------
Undead (-29)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 6/6)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 8/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)
Gunnz (SP 0/14; HP 8/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 0/10; Prone; Unconscious; Dying)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oof, round 11.

Doku does the only thing he really can. He concentrates and tries to mend the party's wounds HP Back: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 4) = 11

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz screams in horror as she feels her very soul being pulled from her body. Desperate for space she fires at point blank range.

"It's jinxed my gun somehow!"

trick shot: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 Success if CR 2, which seems doubtful
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
bonus damage if trick shot came off: 1d4 ⇒ 3

"Ahh, got it!" she says in final satisfation.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Coming to once again, Aegis-9 realizes that if he tries to grab the baton and get up that he will most likely be brought back, once again, to the brink of death. He formulates as idea. "Catchy," he cries out. "If you can do so without grave risk to yourslf, bring the force baton to me and I'll make sure this Drift dead regrets not having left through the walls into the depths of space!"

If Aegis-9 gets up and picks up the baton, the undead gets two attacks - AOO and normal attack - which, if past is experience, will drop the android. But, if Catchy can get to Aegis-9 first and hand him the baton, Aegis-9 can get up AND attack in the same round - assuming the AOO doesn't bring him down (which thanks to Doku's boost of 11 hp, seems unlikely!) This would require a double move by Catchy and likely an AOO by the undead on Catchy, but it would let Aegis-9 (who I think is the only one with the Str to use the baton--forgot about that when I had him ask Catchy to get the baton earlier) get an attack in and hopefully that (coupled with Gunnz recent hit) will be all we need!

Dark Archive

Doku continues to heal the groups wounds as Aegis wakes again. Though it is thanks to Gunnz that the Starfinder's nightmare is finally over. The electrical discharge disperses the incorporeal creature as it let's loose one final scream that causes the lights to flicker violently with it.

Combat over.

Player Status:

Doku (SP 0/9; HP 6/6)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 8/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)
Gunnz (SP 0/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 10/10)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku leans up against the wall, slumping a bit from exhaustion. A minute seems like nothing when walking, but in combat, it's an eternity.

"The storm approaches, but we're in bad shape. I suggest we get to the door and catch our breath. If the storm begins to close on us before we're ready, then we suck it up and go in."

Way to keep it together team! I vote that we take a 10 minute breather. We need it. If time works against us we go in and hope for the best.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz shakes. "I think I need to use the bathroom. And a quick break would be ideal. " Her face is pale as she admits "I didn't think we were going to make it.."

Dark Archive

You guys did awesome (Even though the random dice roller was out to kill you). Luckily the storm didn't shut your weapons down more.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Catchy limps over to JJ. Don't worry buddy, we'll get you fixed right back up. I think . Catchy looks around at his companions. Never have I had the pleasure of fighting with such warriors

Catchy scoops up JJ Oh dear, what a mess old buddy

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz returns from her bathroom visit, still pale. "Never had to do that before with bodies staring at me. Totally creeped me out." she says, still flustered.

"Lets check out that suit, and see if it has the last cards we need to get into the flight deck."

Dark Archive

After a brief rest Gunnz heads back into the blood spattered room.

The captain’s armor is a set of battle harness, currently bereft of power and severely damage. The armor does contain a purple force field armor upgrade that can be removed while the armor is unpowered. In addition, the jury-rigged ship battery that powers the force field can be used in the engine room

Seeing the second battery is now disconnected and usable he drags drags it over to the engine room and hooks it up. The Bridge's doors now hum with power.

Assuming everyone is using 1 RP after that battle to rest and recuperate SP.

@Catchy- You are also able to use that same 10 minute period to slightly repair JJ as well. You can repair up to 10 % of it's total HP.

Player Status:

Doku (SP 9/9; HP 6/6)
Catchy (SP 6/6; HP 8/8) (JJ HP 1/10)
Gunnz (SP 14/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 6/6; HP 10/10)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz charges up her weapon and stands ready. "I'm not sure what we do if there is another in there... hopefully not though. The clues only pointed to that one ghost..."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"If there's another, we ignore it. We leave it in its field. But we can't shirk our mission, so in we go!"

Doku listens at the door first: Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

1 RP spent.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

EARLIER
After the battle ends, Aegis-9 moves towards Gunnz with a slow, uneasy gate. He places a heavy, metallic hand on her shoulder. "Nice shot, Gunnz." he says with both warmth and relief. "You have saved us all."

"Thank you, all of you." the android calls out with his hand still resting on Gunnz, now as much to steady himself as to convey congratulations. When the others suggest a rest, Aegis-9 removes his hand from Gunnz shoulder and settles against a wall, allowing his internal repair routines to continue their work.

A few moments later, Aegis-9 exits the room into the corridor. Seeing the effect that the damaged drone has on Catchy, the android tries to offer consolation. Picking up a piece of drone wreckage within one of his massive hands, the android gently places it into the smaller paws of the ysoki. "JJ was made with good hands." Aegis-9 says confidently. "I am certain that he can be made functional again--likely even exceeding his original parameters."[b]

Spotting, Doku, makes is way to the shirren. [b]"You truly have a gift for healing, Doku." he says. "You have saved my life more than once in the last few moments alone. For that, I am most grateful."

As the party gathers around together to rest, the sounds of the storm raging outside the ship can be heard through the metal walls of the ship's hull. Amidst the crackles of energy surging within the ship and the moans of the ship's carbo-steel plates, the demeanor of Aegis-9 now becomes more solemn, more grave. "I don’t know how much longer this ship will hold. I have given you each instructions to save yourselves, to leave the ship. Had you done followed my instructions, you’d all be safe and probably halfway back to the Lorespire Complex. But instead, you chose to remain and try to save me. Your actions have needlessly jeopardized the lives of three members of the Society.” the android scolds. “I am not certain, whether under such circumstances, that such behavior would allow you to still be worthy of the title of ‘Starfinder’!”

Then, as his seemingly accusatory words still hang in the air, the android’s staid expression melts away. ”But regardless, I am certain that you have each one of you has earned a more appropriate title… that of ‘friend’.” The android's grin blossoms into a smile.

NOW

GM Tyranius wrote:
The Bridge's doors now hum with power.

Seeing that his companions are each armed and ready to breach the door, Aegis-9 holds the force baton tightly in his grip. “What say you, my friends? Shall we see this mission through to completion?”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nod.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"It was a group effort. None of us would have survived without all the others." agrees Gunnz.

She looks a bit shocked at Aegis says she might not be worthy as a Starfinder. "I'm not sure about that. We have not yet finished our Exploration, and the Cooperation has been very much in evident. I doubt our superiors would find an almost blank Report very interesting. Let's see what is beyond that door."

Once everyone indicates they are ready, she will punch the entry pad.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Gunnz wrote:
She looks a bit shocked at Aegis says she might not be worthy as a Starfinder.

Sensing an android's motives for making a particular statement is difficult (that's RAW), but I can tell you that Aegis-9 meant that particular statement largely in jest. He was also trying to say that the crew showed themselves to be friends, a label he believes is more distinctive and more honorable than "Starfinder". He certainly did not mean to offend.(nor did I).

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Just playing up to the Androids being hard to read bit as well. I know what you meant!

Dark Archive

With power to the bridge secure and the storm on the Starfinder's heels, they take a breath, resolve their feelings and decision and converge on the door.

As Gunnz reaches up and taps the control panel the pair of Kasatha corpses near the door burst open. A sickening crunching sound forms as the deceased chest cavities lurch and break apart as the larvae within leap out and begin burrowing into your skin.

Larvae Burst Damage (Everyone): 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 + 2 Con damage DC 12 for half and negate con damage.

JJ collapses to the ground as one of the larvae chews through his wiring.

Giving it a moment before door opens for saves and RP.

Player Status:

Doku (SP 9/9; HP 6/6)
Catchy (SP 6/6; HP 8/8) (JJ HP 0/10)
Gunnz (SP 14/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 6/6; HP 10/10)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz jumps back. "Arrghhhh. This place is like living through a horror vid."

fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Luckily she manages to avoid the worst of it.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Catchy is still staring solemnly as JJ's broken pieces, Aegis's words echoing around his head as he hears a crunch, a screech of metal being torn open and then JJ's lights dimming again.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Catchy screams as the larvae bury themselves into his fur. He feels them drive into his skin and he vomits before collapsing to the floor

Noob question. If I fail the fort save I take 11 damage right? So I'm unconcious and dying?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

REF: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Doku shakes his head. He's not grossed out, but he is tired of the wounds...

@Catchy: If your bar is correct, you're not down. The 11 damage comes off your SP first, so you're down to 0/6 and then you're down 6 HP to 2/8. The Con damage is enough to affect you, so that's 1 more as you lose your CON bonus. So you're at 1/7 right now.

"Do we have an serums for those wounds?"

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
As the larvae attempt to burrow into his circuits, the android manages to pull most of them off and squash them under foot. "It would appear that we have not yet dealt with all of the dangers on this ship. With so many threats, it is clear that the crew had little chance to survive."
Seeing Catchy in distress, the android helps the ysoki to his feet. ”Are you alright, my friend?”

Dokushisoka wrote:
"Do we have any serums for those wounds?"

”There are the two serums that we found earlier here in the mess.” Aegis-9 responds. He looks over at Gunnz and notices that she appears to be in relatively good health. “I suggest that you and Catchy take each take one.” Nodding towards, the woman's blaster, he adds, ”If we encounter further trouble, Gunnz knows how to carry on a fight while still keeping her distance.”

The android looks over as the severed wires dangling from the drone's technoframe. "I am afraid that the serums won't do much good for poor JJ." Aegis-9 says with a hint of sadness.

“As for me,” Aegis-9 begins, trying to contain a small groan brought about by one of the larvae chewing a fresh tunnel through the circuits underneath his dermal layer. “I will be fine.” says the android as he pulls out the tunneling larvae and squishes the small creature between between his hulking fingers.

Tightening the grip on the force baton in his other hand, Aegis-9 stands ready to proceed through the door to the bridge.

Let's go!

Dark Archive

GM Rolls:

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Gunnz: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Dokushisoka: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Catchy: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Aegis-9: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

The group takes a hefty toll as they begin stomping on the larvae. Midst stomp the door slides open from Gunnz' touch.

The ship’s bridge is alight in red warning screens. The nearing ethereal storm looms beyond the forward viewing platform, while the ship’s failing power causes each station’s panels to flicker intermittently. A battered captain’s chair oversees two tiers of descending operations panels.

The ship’s crew disabled most of the bridge’s systems when the Struggle’s Scholar returned to the Material Plane. They did so to conserve energy for basic life support and the force field in the Captain's Quarters. The data you seek is stored in a hard drive in the captain’s console, which has been severely damaged

One of the ships former pilots, a kasatha, sits in the one of the two northernmost chairs. It's bloody body facing out towards the viewscreen.

Player Status:

Doku (SP 4/9; HP 6/6)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 2/8; 2 con damage) (JJ HP 0/10)
Gunnz (SP 9/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 1/6; HP 10/10)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku scans the room both with his eyes and his preternatural senses Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14. If it appears safe, he'll motion for the others to enter. "Let's get our data and get out of here."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Relieved to not, at least immediately, see any spirits or additional larvae waiting for them, Aegis-9 now focuses on the mission at hand, saying solemnly, "Our mission is retrieval of that data, though I would have preferred this to be a rescue mission."

"We'll let you get to it, Catchy." the android says as he stows the force baton in favor of his more familiar pulsecaster pistol. "Gunnz can lend you a hand if you need it. I also have more than a passing acquaintance with technology, should additional aid be needed."

"Doku and I will keep an eye out." Aegis-9 continues, "We wouldn't want to be surprised by any other unknown...passengers." he says in an effort to keep his teammates focused on data retrieval rather than on the potential for additional threats. Despite his words, he levels his gun at the pilot's corpse while taking a close look at it to see if there are either signs of a threat or the presence of personal items that should be returned to the pilot's family.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz approaches the dead body with caution.

"The captain didn't do that... I wonder if it was those grubs?"

medicine?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 What killed it?

She then turns to the computer to see what information can be downloaded.
computers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"Are we going to take the bodies, or just momentos of them?" she asks in an overly casual manner.

"Just they kind of creep me out, and who knows what we might end up bringing back to Absalom stations..."

Dark Archive

Inspecting the corpse from a good distance away the Starfinders still notice nothing threatening, though Doku still has a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach as he feels a small vibration, more of a shifting coming from the pilot's body in the chair.

Doku urges the others to keep their distance.

The most Gunnz can tell is that the pilot was torn apart by vicious claws.

Vibration sense.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Avoiding the pilot, Gunnz goes for the computer.

"Keep your eyes on him."
Roll above

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Telepathically, "Wait! Either the pilot is about to explode into more young, or we found the mother! Unless it's anathema to someone's metaphysical beliefs, I suggest preemptively shooting the captain's body.
"
So I'm still learning my way around shirren (and Starfinder for that matter). I forgot that I have the ability to have a nearby ally reroll an attack 1/Day. I'm sorry for not using it in the previous fight.)

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"We were asked to return the remains of the crew, if at all possible." says Aegis-9. "I will not act in a manner that could be construed as disrespectful to the culture of another race, unless doing so would clearly imperil the life or freedom of another sentient being."

The android keeps his pulsecaster pistol trained on the body. "Once we have the data and personal effects safely aboard the ship, I intend to do my best to return for the crew's remains if the storm has not yet overtaken us."

Aegis readies a standard action to fire his pistol at any apparently hostile move by the body or something within it.

@Doku - No problem. You saved us (or at least me) plenty with the healing and we may yet need that reroll!

Dark Archive

Not heeding Doku's warning Gunnz moves to the computer to begin siphoning off the information. A four-armed insectoid creature from the Ethereal Plane, broods here, macabrely sitting inside the burst-open corpse of one of the ships’ former pilots. As Gunnz draws near the outsider lunges forward.

This flame-red humanoid appears to be a strange mix of insect and reptile, with four arms and twitching, fanged mandibles.

You will each get your surprise round action as for Doku's warning.

Init:

Gunnz: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Dokushisoka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Catchy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Aegis-9: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Surprise Round
Aegis-9 (SP 1/6; HP 10/10)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 2/8; 2 con damage) (JJ HP 0/10)
Doku (SP 4/9; HP 6/6)
Gunnz (SP 9/14; HP 16/16)

Round 1
--------------------------------------
Monster
--------------------------------------
Aegis-9 (SP 1/6; HP 10/10)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 2/8; 2 con damage) (JJ HP 0/10)
Doku (SP 4/9; HP 6/6)
Gunnz (SP 9/14; HP 16/16)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Arrghh... I'm not watching horror movies any more!"

Gunnz fires quickly.
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Though with that roll...hitting maybe unlikley

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku, sick of strange aliens, opens up with his azimuth pistol. He knows his aim is atrocious, so he goes for broke.

ATK 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 DMG if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"This is most unfortunate." Aegis-9 mutters upon glimpsing the insectoid creature.

He then raises his voice to address it. "I will not allow any further harm to come to this crew if I can stop it! Aegis-9 says as he fires his pulse caster pistol.

Ranged attack (pulse caster pistol): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage (E/NL): 1d4 ⇒ 4

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

sorry for delay GM and fellow players

Catchy, in pain and barely concious, draws his pistol and fires at the creature

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

301 to 350 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.