GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Starship Combat Cheatsheet
Tactical Map


101 to 150 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Ketch "Catchy" Arl wrote:

However, I am not to be defeated and I have managed to pull up the basic plans for the ship. Aegis, any luck at your console?

"I have detected notable power spikes in the captain's quarters, engine room, and bridge." replies the android. "Unfortunately, I could not determine the presence of any life signs.

"What I did find puzzles me as I am not sure what to make of these readings. Attempting to avoid a collision could account for the draw of more power to the helm or the engines, but why then the captain's quarters? Gunnz and Catchy, you know more about navigation and engineering than I. Do you have any ideas for likely explanations?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Just as Catchy is about to enter the airlock, JJ begins to bleep furiously above his head, almost in anger. What is it JJ? I miss something? Catchy calls out to the others Be there in a second before reexamining the computer console. Hmm..you're right JJ. I assumed that was an error in the code caused by repeated power surges but you may have a point. Catchy joins the others in the airlock. Hey folks, not to alarm you or anything, but I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones alive on here. It may or not be a Kasatha.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Ketch "Catchy" Arl wrote:

Just as Catchy is about to enter the airlock, JJ begins to bleep furiously above his head, almost in anger. What is it JJ? I miss something? Catchy calls out to the others Be there in a second before reexamining the computer console. Hmm..you're right JJ. I assumed that was an error in the code caused by repeated power surges but you may have a point. Catchy joins the others in the airlock. Hey folks, not to alarm you or anything, but I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones alive on here. It may or not be a Kasatha.

"Thank the All-Code that there are at least some survivors!" declares Aegis-9. "We must act quickly. Yet, where there is life, there is hope. Are you able to tell in what part of the ship the survivors are holding up?"

"Also, what did you mean by 'may or not be Kastha'?" inquire the android. "Although I understand that the majority of the crew was kasathas, it would not be unusual for such a vessel to have crew members from other species."

Dark Archive

You can all aid computers if wish to. the way I see it you are each researching sections and passing notes and information. Same as everyone working on same Google Drive presentation.

Catchy does a bit further research , trying to gain further information but the massive storm seems to be playing havoc on his readings.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sorry out of town family in for the weekend, and I'm sneaking in via phone.
If I pass the check from the previous page, Doku shares the info about the storm

Mysticism: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Dokushisoka wrote:

Doku shares the info about the storm

"We should move quickly then," urges Aegis-9, [b]"to rescue the survivors and obtain the data we came for."

"Perhaps I should lead the way." the android offers. "My visual sensors can easily compensate for the malfunctioning lights."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:
This entire chamber is one large airlock, with access doors to the north and south. Loose netting floats in the gravity-free chamber. A warning light above the interior door flashes every few seconds, periodically bathing the room in a dim orange glow. A small panel next to the door flashes orange in time with the warning light.

Despite his urgency, Aegis-9 takes a moment to survey the airlock. "Clearly these lights function as some kind of a warning. the android notes to himself. But what are they meant to warn us of? Depressurization? Loss of hull integrity damage? Airlock malfunction? Loss of gravity? Or something more consequential?

Aegis-9 attempts to determine the meaning of the flashes and colors of the lights in an effort to determine the intended meaning of their warning. Not sure what check that would be, so I will roll and let you apply the appropriate modifier from potentially appropriate skills below:

Check: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Possible Skill Modifiers:

Computers +5
Culture +6
Perception +4
Piloting +6
Sense Motive +2 + Expertise: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Assuming no one protests, Aegis-9 will go first and try the other door. He is no a frontline combatant, but he does have dark-vision. Unless the warning lights present one, I can't think of any reason why he would suspect the presence of any traps or hostiles and he is eager to rescue any possible survivors

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

In her armored suit, luckily providing illumination and breathing, Gunnz approaches the airlock and looks for a way to open it up.

computers?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku nods, not liking the place one bit. "Evil has befallen this ship, and we ought to take care not to join in the fate of the crew... whatever it was."

Sticking to the middle as much as possible as the layout of the ship allows.

Dark Archive

Closing the main airlock causes the room to automatically pressurize. Artificial gravity then kicks in gradually. As air fills the room, a blaring alarm can be heard, timed with the light of the panel.

Aegis investigates the flashing light. After 30 seconds, the alarm and
light stop flashing. Must have had something to do with the pressurization from what Aegis can tell.

As Gunnz moves to open the door a horrifying screech echoes past the sealed northern door. Tapping the panel the doors slide open.

Through the flickering lights you see a gruesome trail of blood runs across the floor of the ten-foot wide hallway that runs horizontally across the ship; at each end of this hall are metal access doors leading to the north and south. A shorter hall leads to a door to the north, with two doors halfway up that hall exiting to the east and west. Finally, a large airlock seal covers the center of the southern wall here. A double-barreled weapon turret limply hangs from the ceiling, just west of the southern airlock door.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Well, that's a disappointing noise to hear says Catchy, drawing his gun and cocking it, ready.

Catchy whispers a few words to JJ and the drone beeps quietly in response.

Catchy lowers his voice to a whisper I suggest JJ checks out what he can hear from the northern door where the blood seems to go. He moves quieter than any of us can

Hi GM - any chance of a token for JJ the stealth drone? His stats are in my profile

Dark Archive

Added the drone to the map. To help orient you. I had to turn the map landscape to fit better. The tip of the ship is north. Just like as if it were flying straight north.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"G-rosss" murmurs Gunnz. "What happened here?"

She points to the disabled weapon turret. "Anyone want to bet there is another in the other passage? Maybe I should go first..."

Gunnz slips into the shadows and with surprising stealth heads away from the disabled turret, looking for telltale signs of another turret (or other automated defences.

Takes ten on stealth for 22
Takes ten on perception for 16

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku examines the blood and the doors, "This is far more violence than I expected. I had hoped for something more... basic. We must be careful."

He looks up and down the hall, "I think I should sign up for a medicine or xenobiology class soon."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"By the All-Code." Aegis-9 mutters in a deep, mechanical voice as he enters through the door. The android wants to shout out "We are Starfinders, we are here to help!" with every filament of his diodes, but concludes that his companions were wise in remaining quiet until the party was able to better assess the situation. The envoy draws his pulsecaster pistol.

"Like us," the android cautions, "there is more to this
than meets the eye
."

Once inside the hallway, Aegis-9 looks down at the blood trail. Someone is clearly in pain. he laments. We must render aid as soon as possible. Examining the amount of blood and its splatter on the floor, Aegis-9 attempts to determine in which direction its source went.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Moved Aegis-9 on the map

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Agreed. Pick a door and open it." Doku has Blindsense to 30' (vibration).

Dungeon crawls can suffer from people not wanting to make a command decision without everyone weighing in. As far as Doku is concerned, he'll stand back and to the side, ready to back people up. Someone can go ahead and make Perception checks and open it up. (I post quickly and often, so it might not come up, but don't wait for me!)

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Let's do it Gunzz. Catchy moves up next to Gunzz and readies himself for the door opening [/b]

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oh and by all means move my mini if need be. As the GM I always ask that the map be up to date before anyone opens a door. :-)

Dark Archive

Slipping into the shadows Gunnz looks around, not noticing any secondary weapons systems. Aegis leans in and scans the blood trail. From what he can tell the blood trail leads to the east.

Gunnz opens the southwestern door. A single door opens into this open space. Just inside the doorway, the entry floor is caked with blood, and several batons and shuriken are scattered throughout the room. A simple sparring mat covers much of the center floor. An alcove along the eastern edge houses a weapon rack filled several kinds of batons and a dozen fine shuriken. On the opposite wall is a pad of self-healing foam with colorful abstract targets painted on it. A four-armed metal robot stands in the southwestern corner of the chamber.

The floor-mounted, four-armed sparring robot whirs to life as you enter the area.

Kasatha:
"Ready to initiate duel? Proclaim agree to begin."

DC 15 Perception:
You notice a holoprojector in the ceiling with a carbonedge shuriken lodged in it. This projector automatically records and replays sparring sessions for the later review of those who train in this room.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dokushisoka wrote:
Oh and by all means move my mini if need be. As the GM I always ask that the map be up to date before anyone opens a door. :-)

Normally if people are too spread out I will group back together for new rooms, unless they specifically speak about saying behind. Alot of that can get lost in PbP and waste a lot of time waiting for people to confirm token placements, especially in dungeon crawls. To where in face to face the group normally would stick together room to room.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Doku stays back away from the sparring robot, but points something out. "If we're looking to get some information, there's a recording device for this room, though it's currently got a weapon sticking out of it."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Dokushisoka wrote:

Doku stays back away from the sparring robot, but points something out. "If we're looking to get some information, there's a recording device for this room, though it's currently got a weapon sticking out of it."

"It may be worth further investigation later, but for now it is obvious that someone needs our help!" Aegis-9 replies before rushing toward the northern door on the east-most end of the corridor where the blood trail ends.

"So much loss of internal fluid suggests a wound far worse than a mere training injury." the android observes as he rushes towards the door.

Movement updated on map.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"I'm guessing the robot went haywire and hurt someone, who then left here.." suggests Gunnz.

She tries to sneak into the room to see if there is a way to get the video chip from the projector.

stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Anything special about the batons or shuriken?

"Unusual choice of weapons for a starship. Shuriken."

Dark Archive

As Gunnz enters the four armed sparring robot continues to speak.

Kasatha:

"Ready to initiate duel? Proclaim agree to begin."

Looking over the room Gunnz thinks that with a little bit of work he might be able to get the projector working again. Computer or Engineering check.

Gunnz also looks over the weapons racks and shuriken for anything special. The weapon rack in this chamber contains a training baton, though much thinner and lighter, 10 carbonedge shuriken, 8 tactical batons, 4 cestus battlegloves, and 2 serums.

Detect magic and DC 17 Mysticism:

These are Serums of enhancement (commando).

DC 13 Engineering:
The thinner, lighter baton is in fact an Idaran Force Training Baton. This looks like a normal tactical baton, except it is much thinner and lighter. The baton has passive nanoengineering such that swinging it hard enough through any atmosphere creates an electromagnetic force.

Aegis-9 follows the blood trail out into the hallway. Reaching the door he finds it to be locked and requiring a keycard of sorts.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Catchy studies the row of weapons, one eye on on the robot.
Engineering check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Hey guys? Take a look at the baton, the thinner, lighter one. I saw these once on Akiton in a flea market of all placed. It’s an Idaran Force Training Baton. It has passive nanoengineering embedded within its structure. You swing that baby hard enough through any atmosphere and it will creates an electromagnetic force. Just in case our robot’s mood hasn’t improved. Anyone know what he’s saying?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

computers DC?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
engineering DC?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
engineering #2 DC13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
"Oh, I can use tactical battons. I even have one, but that would be a nice addition."

I've never picked languages for Gunnz, I'm happy to pick up Kastha though, maybe and Azlanti.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku detects for magic, but can't decipher the aura around the serums.
Mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

He then follows Aegis-9

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Confronted by the evidence that a being is in danger, driven by his desire to preserve life, and frustrated by his inability to open the door, Aegis-9 can no longer contain himself. As his companions look through the training room, the impatient android envoy begins pounding on the door before him in an effort to alert any person in distress on the other side that help is on the way.

"We are Starfinders!" he cries out. "We are here to help you and will provide immediate medical assistance! If you are able, open the door or instruct us on the fastest way that we can get to you! Otherwise, we will make every effort to get to you as soon as possible!"

Diplomacy(Expertise): 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (2) = 16

Aegis-9 listens for a response while scanning the immediate area around the door for an access panel or some other way to disable or open the door.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku also listens, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19. "The door foils my ability to sense vibration. If we can't get in, we ought to look for a key card."

Dark Archive

With no response the sparring robot shuts down. When the sparring robot shuts down, a set of running lights leads to a panel on its back.

Gunnz climbs up and pulls the projector down. Trying her hand at it she just can't seem to get it going and sets it on the ground.

***

Meanwhile Dokushisoka follows Aegis-9 to the other side of the ship as the group splits up to cover more ground.

Aegis attempts to coax out any survivors locked within but receives only silence in return. Listening at the door Doku only hears silence and feels no movement within outside of the natural hum of the ship itself.

The lights go completely out for about a minute before flickering back on. The intervals seem to be increasing as the storm draws closer.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Those running lights.... Not sure what that means, machines aren't my thing." Did we get results for the Computer/Engineering check on the projector?

---------------------------------

"Quickly now, pick a door." Doku turns and looks at the door directly behind the one that just thwarted the party Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

“With all due respect, Captain,” Aegis-9 replies, “ I think it more prudent under the circumstances to try to mount a potential rescue. Whoever is behind this door may have only moments to live…” Aegis-9’s voice trails off as he contemplates the worst, but he makes no other effort to keep Doku from exploring further.
Unwilling to accept defeat, the android beats a fist against the locked door once more in defiance.

”Gunnz! Catchy!” he calls, racing down corridor in such haste that he nearly slips on the blood that has formed a slick on the floor. ”Your assistance is requested. ” says Aegis-9 trying to regain the usual steadiness in his voice.

“The door that holds a wounded being is locked,” The android points in the direction of the bloody trail. “If you cannot open the door, we may have to rely upon more… forceful... methods.” Aegis-9 says as he contemplates retrieving the weapon that was “gifted” to the party by the Vesk and using it as a door opener.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz takes the projector and hauls it back toward the airlock, enabling it to be picked up and examined at leisure on the return to the Pegasus.

"Let me see what I can do.."

engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Dark Archive

@Doku- The result was in the post just above yours. Gunnz didn't make it. Not only that but you are on the other side of the ship with Aegis and wouldn't have seen the lights on the sparring robot.

Gunnz grabs ahold of the projector as Aegis begins to call out to her. As Gunnz runs out into the hallway the dormant turret has a red light suddenly flash between the pair of barrels. The turret quickly tracks and sets it's sights on Gunnz before opening fire.

The weapon lets loose an intensifying whine of spooling motors, though no attack ever occurs.

As her heart calms down Gunnz tries to work on the door per Aegis' request, but can't seem to be able to reroute power to it.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Step aside folks, let me see if this door will yield to my Ysoki powers

Engineering check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Totally fair!

"Now that will keep me up at night."

Dark Archive

The electronics on the door seem far too complex for Catchy. The keycard has too be on the ship somewhere.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Noting the whirr of the turret, Aegis-9 declares, "It is fortunate that that automated defense system failed to fire. Be on your guard, as there are likely to be additional, active defenses. They may not be able to differentiate between friend or foe."

"Indeed, it is possible that a malfunction of the internal defenses of this vessel was the cause of injury to the crew." the android continues.

[b]"We do not have the means to open this door, so, unfortunately, our rescue attempt has been temporarily thwarted. The keycard to access it is most likely on the other side..." the android ponders aloud.

"I suggest that we head straight to the bridge, where the we are most likely to be able to access the controls for the automated defenses and the doors."

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz sighs "Give me another shot at it."

She fiddles around some more.

engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Dark Archive

Gunnz gives the door another try and is still unable to open the far superior mechanism. Each route he tries seems to constantly change as it is very heavily encrypted. Where to next?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz turns around and tries the door behind her.
"Let's see if there is any clue in here." she sighs.

engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"I think whatever damaged the security system fused the doors at the same time.."

Dark Archive

Gunnz instead turns to the door behind the group. The door slides open with ease.

Four beds fill most of these tidy crew quarters. Each bed is neatly made with a prominent item placed atop its center. Above the beds are tightly sealed storage compartments. A single-tier metal shelf curves around the southwestern wall, its surface pristine but entirely empty. These were the crew quarters for the four members of the crew under the captain.

DC 15 Culture; Kasathan's receive +4 to this check:
The items placed atop the beds are each part of a kasathan tradition for those who are making a journey from which they don’t expect to return. The crew members left personal items on each of their beds, as gifts to those who survive them and continue to create future history.

One of the items left atop the bed items is an electronic scale model of the Idari (the roughly cylindrical kasathan worldship that currently orbits the Pact Worlds’ sun) rotating slowly in the air above a smooth stand.

Another bed holds a personal datapad, flashing with a low battery warning.

A ceremonial Idaran force training baton, engraved with the lengthy lineage and titles of its owner, rests atop the third bed.

On the fourth bed is an elegantly bound copy of the book Customs of Kasath, a gift traditionally given to a kasatha who has just completed the Tempering, a coming-of-age ritual. The nameplate inside identifies the copy as belonging to Yotto, one of the kasatha crew members. Nestled inside the cover is a least photon crystal.

The compartments above the beds are locked.

DC 15 Engineering or Str:
The compartments contain 3 basic medkits.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

I'm pretty sure no-one's going to mind if we poke around in here for some evidence as to what in the Pact Worlds is going on. JJ, stay close and keep your sensors peeled. I'm going to see if I can get anything useful from that datapad before it dies

Computer check?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Man the dice are so unkind sometimes! If I can take 10, I will (if the battery will last that long..

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"These are gifts for their family. Did they hope their ship would be found? Are we we here to fulfill their wishes? It's a kasathan tradition. I think we need to see it fulfilled."?

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"Gunnz, the bridge is the almost certainly the other wa.... oh." Aegis-9 begins as Gunnz opens the door. As his companions fill the room, the android peers inside and glimpses the datapad and other items on the beds.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Although eager to rush to the bridge, the android is stopped by a revelation. These must be gifts to create future history, for those who survive them. The android realizes that the crew of this vessel were expecting to die.

When Doku speaks, Aegis-9 nods in affirmation. "We should gather those items and bring us with us to Absalom Station so they can be given to their rightful owners.". He picks up the model of the Idari and then the baton. "However, if we do not spot any keycards quickly, I suggest that we continue to the bridge."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"I'm with Aegis-9"

Dark Archive

Catchy tries to power the data pad on and it immediately dies from power loss. It will need a fresh battery if it is going to power on.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Frustrated, Catcy turns his attention to the locked compartments but stops, conscious that Aegis might not approve. Whaddy’a say Aegis? Is it against the all-code to pop a locker if it might help shed some light?

If Aegis is cool with it Eng check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Ketch "Catchy" Arl wrote:
Frustrated, Catcy turns his attention to the locked compartments but stops, conscious that Aegis might not approve. Whaddy’a say Aegis? Is it against the all-code to pop a locker if it might help shed some light?

Aegis-9 looks disapprovingly, but does nothing to stop Catchy.

I am not keen on splitting the party, but Aegis-9 seeks to preserve life at all costs and, as far as he knows, the only present danger of harm is to the bleeding person and possibly a malfunctioning defense system. Therefore, he wants to press forward.

As a player, I'm cool with whatever your characters want to do and I realize that it makes sense to search the ship thoroughly. However, in character, Aegis-9 priorities are: 1) locate and help any survivors (which he believes is most likely going to have to be done from the bridge at this point, but could be convinced otherwise - for example if he heard that there were signs of life in the other rooms or could be convinced the source of the blood is dead or otherwise beyond recovery) and 2) retrieve the data and other items/info (which he would concede will most likely require thoroughly searching the ship).

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Splitting the party is a real life hassle, so I try to avoid it by bending my character's to keep cohesion a thing.

Doku looks at the blood traail, "Besides Aegis-9, what are the odds that much blood on the floor leads to something still alive?"

The shirren nods at Catchy indicating agreement to open them.

101 to 150 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.