GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Starship Combat Cheatsheet
Tactical Map


251 to 300 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Now lacking in any meaningful magic, Doku tries to shoot the sorry thing. Azimuth laser: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 for DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:

Aegis drops the force baton and grabs his own pulsecaster. He continues to try and speak to once what was Yotto, though no longer is anything more than a mindless drift dead.

The shields keep the storm at bay for now as the undead turns to Aegis. It's malevolent eyes pour with hatred and reaches into the androids precious circuitry.

Aegis-9 exudes a mechanical cry as the undead interrupts his internal mechanisms and sends waves of energy surging through his pain receptors. Recovering his senses, the android tries to analyze the situation. 'Our weapons are having minimal effect!' he cries out. "I don't know how much longer we can keep this up. There must be a better way, but I am at a loss as to what it could be?"

The android glances down at the cables that had enabled the powersuit's forcefield and trapped the creature. They may be of use,[i] he thinks, [i]but only if they have power. And Catchy has run off to bake imaginary pastries!

With no other options clear to him, Aegis-9 decides that he needs to get into a better firing position and protect the wounded Gunnz, even if it means having to run past the undead. He races towards the exterior, starboard wall of the room. Move action through threatened square, unfortunately provoking an Attack of Opportunity.

If Aegis-9 is still standing:

The android fires his pulsecaster pistol at the undead.
Ranged attack (pulsecaster): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Damage(pulsecaser/E: 1d4 ⇒ 1

If Aegis-9 is adjacent to Gunnz or another ally when he or she is attacked:

The android places his technoframe in harm’s way in an effort to try and ward off the attack.
Aegis-9 uses his reaction when ally is attacked to grant a +2 circumstance bonus to the ally’s AC against that attack. Aegis-9 then takes a -2 penalty to AC until beginning of his next turn. (Bodyguard feat)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"The force batons probably do full effect. I'm not strong enough to make them work like that though." sighs Gunnz.

"But I'm sure you would be Aegis."

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Wha...what happened thinks Catchy as the fog finally clears from his mind. He surveys the scene, and sees Aegis suffering at the hands of this...this thing.

Catchy recognises that the weapons are having limited effect, and feels the deep pulse of the approaching storm vibrate his whiskers.

'Tis with our minds that we must defeat it! He looks around, and sees the cables lying on the floor. If I could just...would that work? It would hurt but...he'd understand. Probably. But what if they are still live? Ah well, No time to waste.

Catchy dives to the floor, grabbing the power cables, he uses his sharp incisors to quickly gnaw at the protective coating and quickly exposes the wires Not live. Yet His Ysoki hands work furiously as Aegis screams in pain behind him. In a few seconds he stands, holding in his hand two sets of exposed wires. Now I just need something metal.

Aegis, please don't take this personally! Catchy launches himself at Aegis and connects one of the wires to Aegis' arm, then throws the other at the creature, hoping to short circuit the field.

Engineering Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

GM - I have absolutely no idea if what I am proposing is reasonable or allowed, but I don't think we have as a group any access to magic so I'm going a bit leftfield!

Dark Archive

Doku continues to fire his laser into the raging incorporeal. The fire burns away at the undead creature.

Catchy hooks the wiring back up, though the undead is no longer trapped within the Captain's body. Catchy grounds one end against Aegis and tosses the other end into the misty creature. The material wiring passes through harmlessly.

Gunnz gets tangled in the wiring and shoots the ceiling. Aegis runs past the undead to protect Gunnz as long as he can.

Incorporeal Claw vs Aegis-9 EAC 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Aegis fires his pulsecaster but it seems when Catchy hooked the ground wire to his frame it slowly discharged his shot. No effect. You simply just missed.

Pulse chance: 1d100 ⇒ 68

The lights flicker as the storm draws ever closer. The flickering lights bathe the ghostly undead in an eerie light.

Screeching in pain the undead passes through the wall and reaches out for Doku.

Incorporeal Claw vs Doku EAC 12: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The Drift dead reaches deep into Doku's soul, tearing a small chunk of it away. Doku feels an overwhelming sense of fear and pain ring through his mind.

Round 4
------------------------------
Undead (-14)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 5/6; HP 8/8)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 1/10)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Uh oh... Wait, did the Mind Thrust only cause half damage? Also,
I don't remember off the top of my head, but does healing magic harm undead in Starfinder?

Dark Archive

Yes, the mind thrust only caused half as he failed the save due to being Incorporeal. WOuld have been 1/4 if made the save.

It doesn't look like their is positive energy specific spells at level 1-2 that specifically affect undead besides channel energy, (Though you have to have the harm undead feat)

In a couple levels there are weapon enhancements that will help, though nothing now that I am able to find.

Incorporeal description is on Page 264 of CRB if it might help you guys get a few ideas. This is a very tough fight.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Gotcha. I'm out and about, and posting from my phone is hard. Are we within 10 minutes of when I cast reflecting armor?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz tosses her force baton to Aegis, hoping the defender will be able to use it better than she can, and then blasts away again with her own pistol.

"Die.... again." she screams, really worried now.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
trick shot DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
damage: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (1) = 4

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Grabbing hold of the force baton from Gunnz, Aegis-9 rushes into the corridor to confront the undead, perhaps for the last time.

"Your spree of carnage and destruction ends today!" the android shouts at the creature that once was Yotto. "One shall stand. And one shall fall!"

Aegis-9 tightens his grip on the force baton and lunges at the creature.

Melee Attack (force baton): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I'd have judged you if the original wasn't in that link. :-)

Doku takes a guarded step back and heals Aegis Using 1 Resolve. Cell and circuit alike Heal: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

Dark Archive

Should still be within the timeframe Doku.

Taking a small step away Doku brings small motes of living energy all around him as he tends to Aegis' deep wounds.

Grabbing back ahold of the baton Aegis slashes through the incorporeal mass. As his muscles push the baton through the air it picks up molecules of energy that burst into pure force energy against the undead, harming it greatly.

@Gunnz- You may have to move to a new spot as you don't have LoS on the creature.

Round 4
------------------------------
Undead (-19)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 5/6; HP 8/8)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)

Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 10/10)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz steps forward so that she can see the horrible undead, albeit at a hefty angle.

If I can throw the baton as part of that move, then she fires as above with a 20 to hit and 4 damage, if not, she just lines it up for next round.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Aegis! I can’t see it to shoot! screams Catchy. JJ! You know what to do!

JJ is outside the door so he will move to flank the creature by moving to the square directly north of it. I’m on my ipad and can’t seem to move the tokens. Aegis will get a +2 flanking bonus if he is making a melee attack but it doesn’t apply to JJ as he has a pistol

JJ Tactical Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

A crit, yay! Against an immune-to-crit creature, booo!

Dark Archive

JJ floats around the Drift Dead, incurring it's ire as the undead swats at the drone.

AoO Incorporeal Claw vs JJ EAC 12: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

@Catchy- Drones don't have Stamina Points.

The claw tears right through JJ, disabling the drone as the drone clatters to the floor. A single bullet fires from the drone's muzzle and the bullet whizzes right through the undead with no effect.

Gunnz sends a wave of electricity from her static arc pistol that singes the outer layers of the Drift Dead. Though the angry spirit continues to float about as it turns back to Aegis. The glowing purple eyes glare at the baton that hurt it so much.

Incorporeal Claw vs Aegis EAC 14; full attack: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 4 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Incorporeal Claw vs Aegis EAC 14; full attack: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The claws rip through the android but only a single one manages to do any sort of damage.

Round 5
------------------------------
Undead (-21)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 5/6; HP 8/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 5/10)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"The baton! Keep it up!" Doku shoots rapidly. he knows he's not a good shot, so the more the better until that baton can do its grim work.

ATK 1: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 4 = -2 for DMG if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 2
ATK 2: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 4 = 15 for DMG if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:

Taking a small step away Doku brings small motes of living energy all around him as he tends to Aegis' deep wounds.

"Thank you, Doku." says Aegis-9 as the energy courses through him. "You've got the touch!"

GM Tyranius wrote:


The claws rip through the android but only a single one manages to do any sort of damage.

"Keep the pressure on!' shouts Aegis-9 as he swings the baton at the undead butcher!

Melee attack (Force Baton): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Damage (Force): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz keeps firing at the ghost, hoping that she won't be the last pathfinder left standing. "We freed you, why are you attacking us?"

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Her shot though crashes into the doorway.

Gahh, our rolling has not been the best here

Dark Archive

GMPC Catchy this round. Looking over his sheet it doesn't look like he is holding anything with elemental or force properties.

Doku fires his laser at the drift dead, though Aegis stands in his way, blocking his clear shot.

JJ and Catchy both fire their tactical pistols but the material bullets simply pass right through the incorporeal mass.

Gunnz, burst of energy strikes the doorway as Aegis is trapped in the corridor, not able to land a physical blow.

Incorporeal Claw vs Aegis EAC 14: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The claw rips through Aegis' metal frame one final time as the android shuts down and collapses to the deck. The baton falls loose in his hands.

Pulse chance: 1d100 ⇒ 17

The outer fringes of the storm leak through the ship. Pulsing through all electronic equipment.

Imposing a –2 penalty to all attack rolls for 1 round when using any weapon that does not have the analog or archaic property.

***

@Aegis- You don't go below 0 HP. You are now Unconscious and Dying. At the end of each round (Starting next) you lose 1 RP. There are three ways to stabilize. (CRB Page 250-251)
1. Someone perform first aid DC 15 Medicine Check.
2. Any sort of healing
3. Spend RP = to 1/4 your max (Min 1). This will end the dying effect. You can spend additional RP to Stay in the fight by spending 1 additional RP. If you do you gain 1 HP and become conscious once again.

Round 6
------------------------------
Undead (-21)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 5/6; HP 8/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 0/10; Prone; Unconscious; Dying)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"BATON!"

Doku reaches out to heal Aegis Healing with Resolve: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10. The shirren then moves away, he's useless in this fight.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Catchy grabs the baton, looking on with sadness at the crumpled heap of Aegis lying next to JJ. Here Aegis! Catchy throws Doku one of the three Medkits [ooc] Found in the locker rooms] and charges at the creature.

Have a piece of Akiton rage you ghostly s$+~bag. This one is for Aegis

Baton attack: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

The dice roller is going to TPK us.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Aegis-9 comes to on the floor of the starship, his tactile sensors alerting him to his prone status and his pain receptors alerting him to how he got that way. The android looks up at the undead creature before him and over towards the force baton that lies, inches away from him on the floor.

I am among the functioning once again.Aegis-9 realizes with gratitude. No doubt thanks again to Doku. Looking around at his situation, the android considers his next course of action. If I try to grab the baton or rise to attack the creature, it is likely take the opportunity to strike me again before I have a chance to do so.

Am I correct that retrieving the force baton on the grounds would provoke an attack of opportunity from the creature? An attack in each case would make sense, though the wording on page 248 of the CRB is not entirely clear since, technically in each case, he would not be "moving out" of a threatened space, but moving within it. Likewise, would standing up provoke? Can Aegis-9 take a “guarded crawl”= move 1 square while prone without provoking?

If grabbing the baton provokes and no “guarded crawl” is allowed:
Aegis-9 calls out, "We need to reposition! See if you can draw the creature away, while Gunnz exists the room and I attempt to stand!" Aegis-9 then readies a move action to grab the baton once the square that he is in is no longer threatened.

If grabbing the baton provokes and a “guarded crawl” is allowed:
Aegis-9 spends a move action to take a “guarded crawl” out of the threatened square and another move action to stand up.

If grabbing the baton does not provoke and a “guarded crawl” is allowed:
Aegis-9 spends a move action to grab the force baton and another to take a “guarded crawl” out of the threatened square.

If grabbing the baton does not provoke, but no “guarded crawl” is allowed:
Aegis-9 calls out, "We need to reposition! See if you can draw the creature away, while Gunnz exists the room and I attempt to stand!" Aegis-9 then grabs the baton as a move action and then goes Total Defense = +4 to AC until the start of his next turn.

Dark Archive

@Catchy- Which Baton are you grabbing and using? Aegis'?

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:
@Catchy- Which Baton are you grabbing and using? Aegis'?

Huh? All the possibilities that I tried to consider and I missed perhaps the most likely one!

If Catchy has already has the baton, and a 'guarded crawl' is allowed, then go with the above option for "If grabbing the baton provokes and a 'guarded crawl' is allowed". If no 'guarded crawl' allowed, then I may need to think a little further.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz pauses for a moment. Takes a breath and then squeezes the trigger on her pistol.
attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5

At the exact moment the pulse goes through the ship. "Arrghhh" she screams, tempted to throw the pistol away.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

[ooc] Yes, Aegis one. What is TPK? [\ooc]

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

TPK is Total Party Kill. Gunnz will have to go forward and soak up some damage I think.

Dark Archive

Doku spends a bit more of his energy tending to Aegis' wounds as Catchy snatches the baton from the ground. The baton doesn't feel quite right and he nearly drops it in the attack.

You were not near melee Catchy, so I moved you to within melee range for the baton attack. It was the only spot you could have attacked from.

Gunnz takes a breath but the pulse strikes the ship just at that moment, disabling the weapon.

@Aegis- You can crawl from prone, which will provoke an AoO. Grabbing the baton does not provoke. Only 3 things provoke. 1: movement. 2: ranged attack in melee range. 3: Casting a spell in melee range.

Aegis stays fully defensive as he stands up in place, a small bit rejuvenated as the Drift Dead claws at both Catchy and Aegis..

Incorporeal Claw vs Catchy EAC 13; full attack: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 4 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Incorporeal Claw vs Aegis EAC 14; full attack: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The claws rip right through the pair with ease, leaving them bloody and ragged.

Pulse chance: 1d100 ⇒ 20

The storm continues to leak through the ship. Pulsing through all electronic equipment.

Imposing a –2 penalty to all attack rolls for 1 round when using any weapon that does not have the analog or archaic property.

Round 7
------------------------------
Undead (-21)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 6/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 4/10)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Now interested in drastic measures to get the info and run out of the ship... My action depends on GM modus operendi giving this a go.

Doku reaches out magically to buy the party a moment of respite. All of a sudden the sound of a dozen kasathas fills the ship centered on the red X. Their voices and words are muffled and chaotic, but the timbre of the voice is clear. They are crying out in agony and fear, almost calling out to the wretched undead. Ghost Sound. Illusory spell, so when the save is warranted is GM call, but the DC is sadly only 13.

Sorry guys, I'm not sure what else I can do.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Still reeling from the creature's attack, desperation is clear in Aegis-9's features. "Quick, Catchy!" he cries, "Hand me the baton! I can use it! I'll try to hold it off while the rest of you get to safety! Hurry!" Aegis-9 delays until someone (hopefully) hands him a baton or until before the undead's turn.

Aegis-9 can't draw his pulsecaster pistol in this square without provoking an attack or on the move and his BAB is too low to draw it on the move, so it appears that his best bet is using a diminished baton once someone can hand him one.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz steps back, firing at the ghost to try and attract its attention.
full attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 2 = 20
trick shot: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (3) = 5

This time the shot is on target.

"Gotcha!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Catchy writhes in pain and sorrow from the attack but manages to throw Aegis' the baton. Smack him hard Aegis!

Assume throwing Aegis the baton was a standard action so I can't fire my weapon also

Dark Archive

@Catchy- I would almost place that action under manipulating an item action (Move action). So theoretically you could attack with the baton (Standard) and pass it to Aegis (Move) to which then Aegis could also attack with it. As you two are standing right next to each other.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Ketch "Catchy" Arl wrote:
Catchy writhes in pain and sorrow from the attack but manages to throw Aegis' the baton. Smack him hard Aegis!

"After you, Catchy." replies Aegis-9, urging the ysoki to strike first before passing the baton. "No really. I insist!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

I’m an intelligent Ysoki. I have three Doctorates. I lecture on the most challenging mathematical drift technologies in the Pact Worlds, but please, for the love of Golarion, why won’t you just die?

Catchy swings at the creature. Eat baton!

Attack with baton: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

1....1?! Why!?? The Dice Gods will be getting a strongly worded letter of complaint from this Ysoki

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Receiving the force baton from Catchy, Aegis-9 strikes with it immediately.
Melee attack (Force Baton): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Damage (Force): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The above assumes the force baton is an analog/archaic weapon not affected by the storm.

Another 1? Catchy, I'm ready to go beyond that letter and to seek a cease and desist order!

The android then takes a step back for a better defensive position and to assess whether their combined assault has had much effect on the creature. Guarded step=move action

Dark Archive

Doku concentrates as the sound of a dozen kasathas voices call out from the adjoining room. Hearing the all too familiar language causes the drift dead's head to whip around to face the room as it hisses. An audible scream pierces your ears as the undead's anger only seems to rise in fury.

Catchy smashes the baton into the dead and tosses the force stick over to Aegis who manages to do the same. The android takes a small step back, his back is now too the wall, cornered.

Gunnz tries to draw the creatures attention but it seems intent on destroying the Kasathas first and foremost. The electrical current courses through it as the Drift dead turns to burst through the wall at the ghost sound.

Moving into the room the undead looks around, not finding what is making the sound.

Will Save DC 13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The Drift dead continues to hunt for it's prey mercilessly.

Round 8
------------------------------
Undead (-26)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 6/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 4/10)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku gives the shirren version of a sigh. What a time to have a level 0 spell work!

"MOVE!" Doku moves away from the door, knowing it can simply pass through the walls.

He readies an action to shoot it as soon as it reappears:

Readied action:

ATK: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 for DMG: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz opens fire on the ghost, hoping that she can finish it off before it finishes off the starfinder team.

trick shot. DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 vs flatfooted
damage: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + (4) = 10

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"That is a useful trick you have there, Doku." says Aegis-9, "but I suspect that it will not keep the creature occupied for long."

The android considers Doku's urging to get prepared for the creature to come at them. Using ranged weapons to keep a good distance is a wise tactic. he acknowledges. He glances around for his pistol and realizes that, during the heat of battle, he had left it on the floor of the other room, across the span of the corridor.

As he looks around, Aegis-9 realizes how grim the situation is. This corridor is too narrow, too crammed to engage in a firefight. Particularly against a foe that can move through the walls at will.

With the storm interfering with the effectiveness of their firearms, staging a firefight in the corridor appears to be even less of a tenable option

My comrades and I are easy targets in this small space. The android realizes. We need to keep the creature out in the open!.
Aegis-9 swiftly comes to a conclusion. Our best chance to win this fight against this monster, it to take the fight directly to it! Using the most effective weapon that we have against it! Aegis-9 grips the force baton tightly and prepares to move.

“Doku. Catchy." he calls to his two companions in the corridor. "Head to the central corridor and take up defensive positions at the juncture. Fire at that thing as soon as it comes through the walls.”

Gunnz, he says, turning towards the pilot.”I’m asking you to continue to provide me with cover fire from the door. Keep the creature distracted, while I engage it directly with the baton—as this appears to be the weapon most capable of injuring the undead.”[b] He grips the Idaran weapon tightly within his massive fist.

@ Gunnz. If Aegis-9 is still standing after this round, I suggest using Harrying Fire. It seems easier for Gunnz to hit a DC 15 than the creature, particularly with the storm affecting the gun, and it increases Aegis-9’s chances of hitting next round with the baton. Math is not my strongest suit, but I think that that combination would increase our damage potential. We have to be close to destroying this thing!

[b]”Should I fall,” Aegis-9 continues, ”I want you to make sure that the others get back to the ship and fly them the hell out of here! The data we came to retrieve is of great value, but it is not worth the cost of any of your lives.”

The android moves toward the threshold of the door to the room where the creature cries out in anger, swiping wildly at the air in an effort to quiet the voices summoned by Doku’s magic.

As the creature howls, Aegis-9 turns his head to catch what may be his final glimpse of the party. ”It has been an honor serving with each of you. You are each truly worthy to be bear the name, ‘Starfinder’.”

And with that, the android charges into the room, baton raised, which he then bears down on the undead creature!

Melee attack (Force Baton): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Damage (Force): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Doku rushes away from the door as he readies his weapon, unsure exactly where the incorporeal being is going to come from next.

Gunnz moves into the room with the undead. had to move you as you had zero line of sight, but Trick shot allows you to move during that action. Gunnz opens fire and the discharge barely misses the creature.

Formulating a small plan Aegis charges in, baton held high, and swings at the misty undead. He has come to the resolution as he is sure what most of the crew did as well that he may die right here. Swinging the baton he falters and misses. His eyes go wide as he has a sense this may be it.

Diceroller sure is making this fight dramatic isn't it?

Round 8
------------------------------
Undead (-26)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 6/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 4/10)

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

With pain from his wounds coursing through his Ysoki body, Catchy moves past Gunzz move action 10ft west draws his pistol and shoots at the creature Triune bless and guide me, Aegis is in trouble.

Attack with tactical pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

FACEPALM

Dark Archive

Catchy's bullet passes through the creature harmlessly. It claws out in anger at the voices and Aegis as he is nearby.

Incorporeal Claw; full attack: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 4 = 22

Will Save DC 13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Incorporeal Claw vs Aegis EAC 14; full attack: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The claws miss Aegis by the narrowest of margins as the Drift dead realizes the voices are merely a trick.

Pulse chance: 1d100 ⇒ 43

No effect.

The ships shields seem to hold the storm at bay for the moment, though it draws ever closer.

Round 9
------------------------------
Undead (-26)
------------------------------
Doku (SP 0/9; HP 5/6)
Catchy (SP 0/6; HP 6/8) (JJ HP 0/10; disabled)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 4/10)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I though we were going to let it come to us! Doh! Wasted crit. Holding action to see how this goes.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz juggles her pistol from one hand to the other and then fires again at the ghost, glad that the shields are holding for the moment.

trick shot DC=20+CR: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

But her left hand is no better than her right.

Dark Archive

Bump. You guys are actually do pretty well this fight believe it or not.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Still delaying to see how the others shake out

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Sorry for the delay. Also, didn't realize that I had messed up the shot. Really thought that fighting in the crammed hallway was putting us at a tactical disadvantage.

A tinge of cold moves like a wave through Aegis-9's relay circuits as the spectral claw of the undead nearly finds its mark. This may be it. the android tells himself. By the All-Code, I pray that the others can make it out of here. He steps further into the room, hoping to get the creature to make a mistake and expose itself to Gunzz firing arc. Guarded step

His positronic brain sends a signal to the actuators gripping the baton. But if I am to leave this universe and meet my Maker... Aegis-9 concludes, then I shall not do it alone.

"There shall be an end!" Aegis-9 cries out as he drives the force baton towards the creature with all his might!

Melee attack (Force Baton): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Damage (Force): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

No worries. I had hoped for us to get some distance into the intersection, readying shots as it approached. It's all good though. You just hit, and hopefully it's almost dead (again).

251 to 300 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.