GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Starship Combat Cheatsheet
Tactical Map


201 to 250 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Catchy pulls a frag from his belt pouch, rips the pin out with his teeth, smiles at the others and says I’ve always wanted to do that... before lobbing it at the turret.

Attack vs Turret: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

15ft Explode. Will save DC15 for half damage

In his excitement at pulling a Grenade pin with his teeth, Catchy overthrows the Grenade and it lands 30ft away from the turret.

Hmph. What a waste. I’m capable of so much more

Dark Archive

Miss direction: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Range: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Catchy tosses the grenade and luckily for him it bounces off of the hull of the ship, landing close enough to the weapon system to damage it.

The shrapnel flies in all directions as it severs several cables on the turret, effectively disabling the system.

Player Status:

Gunnz
Aegis (SP 0/6; HP 10/10)
Catchy
Doku

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Do you think we have time for a breather before going through that door, or is that storm too close?" asks Gunnz.

She eyes the door with cautious eyes, but they keep flicking back the the badly wounded Aegis.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Aegis-9 is torn between pushing on, knowing that the creature that tore through the crew of this ship is almost certainly on the other side of the locked door, and waiting for his internal repair mechanisms to complete their work. The Android considers the remains the party discovered in the cargo bay.

"If I confront that creature before my systems naee fully back online, the I am likely to suffer the same fate as Blue Sky-101. Thus, our chances for failure in saving lives and completing the mision will be greater, and my sacrifice will have been no more effective than that of Blue Sky-101, the android considers.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"We do no one well if we're dead. Take a breather Aegis-9

Doku stands ready by the door, ready for the keycard entry.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Assuming it appears to Aegis-9 that there is still sufficient time to complete the mission before the storm hits...

Aegis-9 looks with gratitude upon his fellow Starfinders. "Your counsel and insight are much appreciated, my friends." he says.

"It should take only a few moments rest until I am fully operational." Though confident he is making the right decision, Aegis-9 cannot entirely mask the reluctance in his voice.

Spending 1 RP and 10 minutes rest for Aegis-9 to regain all Stamina Points - character sheet updated.

With his internal repair systems have completed their task, Aegis-9 is eager to push ahead. After first making sure that each of his companions is in place and that each has one of the batons or is otherwise adequately armed for the inevitable conflict ahead, Aegis-9 cries out as he activates the keycard to access the door, "Starfinders! Prepare for battle!"

Dark Archive

After a brief rest Aegis places the keycard against the pad and the door's locking mechanism clicks open.

The signs of struggle are visible throughout this room. A single bed in the northwest corner of the chamber is torn, with its comforter halfway on the floor. A nearby bed table and desk are in similar disarray, covered with shattered glass and hunks of broken ceramics. A pool of blood covers the southern floor, adjacent to the chamber’s sole entry point.

A lifeless kasatha in a suit of battle harness powered armor lies on the floor. The armor glows with a barely visible force field that projects around the armor at a range of about one foot, and a cable on the floor leads from a starship battery pack to the base of the suit.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Surely the creature is not still in there? " says Gunnz.

"I mean.. unless it possessed the captain and made the captain do .." she turns a little pale.

Slowly she walks toward the power cord. "Everyone get ready."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Why encase one of your own in a force field? I have a bad feeling about this."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"The Captain of this vessel has sacrificed her life in order to save the others. The creature must be within her body and trapped within the energized suit. By the All-Code, I pray that it remains there." says Aegis-9. "Be vigilant! But let's keep our distance until we have fully assessed the situation."

Aegis-9 approaches the power armor, without making contact with, and tries to determine whether the armor has been already breached or if its power will soon fail.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Once satisfied, he will turn his attention to exploring the rest of the room, particularly for personal artifacts to retrieve to return to the Captain's family.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"They seemed to think the force field would keep the alien presence captured within it." reminds Gunnz.

"But we still need a way to get to the flight deck..."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Agreed. Aegis-9, let us get to the bridge before the storm breaks over us."

Doku makes a quick look around before trying to get the party towards the bridge door (or power room.) Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"By my calculations,' notes Aegis-9, "the crew numbered between seven and eight. It appears that we have only located the remains of four crewmembers: the captain, Blue Sky-101, and the two Kasathan in the mess hall. It would appear that three to four remain unaccounted for and each body could, like Yotto, be possessed by some creature."

"Indeed," he adds grimly, "Multiple creatures would account for the attack we heard upon entry even after the captain sacrificed herself to contain one of them."

Once satisfied that personal belongings of the captain have been located for return to her family, Aegis-9 prepares to head for the door to the bridge.

Did we even try the door to the bridge earlier. I think we didn't and instead just ran with the keycard to the captain's quarters.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Lets try that first. I'd prefer to avoid releasing some ghost if we can avoid it.." shudders Gunnz.

Dark Archive

Without disconnecting the battery just yet the group surveys the room. Aegis-9 finds a hidden storage compartment along the sides of the captain’s bed. The container has a several of the captain’s personal effects, along with a credstick containing 500 credits that the captain planned on using to treat his crew once they returned to Absalom Station.

Holding off on disconnecting the shield from the power armor the group heads off to investigate the Bridge itself. Entering back through the gruesome mess hall Gunnz finds that the doors to the Bridge are shut and locked tight without power. Seems the Starfinders need to find a second battery to enter the Bridge.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Let us bring the captains effects too, in case he of she has family at home."

Doku shakes his head at needing another battery. This technological stuff isn't his area of expertise.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Realizing that accessing the bridge will require another battery, Aegis-9 reaches an ominous conclusion.

”We have an operational battery that we can use.” Aegis-9 acknowledges solemnly referring to the battery taken from the training robot. ”And with the storm approaching, I fear that we have no choice, but to use it. However, doing so will release whatever creature is presently contained in that suit and who…or whatever is still on the bridge, will likely be alerted to our presence as soon as battery charges up the door.”

Analyzing the team’s options, Aegis-9 formulates a plan. ”To avoid fighting a battle on two fronts, I suggest that Gunnz, Doku, and I surround the alien within the containment suit, using the batons or similar weapons, while Catchy or, perhaps JJ, removes the battery. Once the creature is defeated, the three of us will prepare to enter the door as Catchy re-inserts the battery and powers up the door.”

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

As good a plan as any Catchy says, as he kneels down and attempts to take the batter out. Get ready

Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Ready.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Took the liberty of moving everyone's pawns on the map. Figured JJ and Catchy would head to engine room (unless JJ can use an energy weapon?) and Aegis-9 would block the door. Otherwise, placed Doku and Gunzz to surround the body.

Once all of the Starfinders are in place, Aegis-9 gives the signal to shut the battery down and prepare to fire in response to any apparently hostile action by the creature. "Now!"he cries.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz draws and activates her force baton. "Ready"

Dark Archive

Which battery are you disconnecting? guess I am confused what catchy's role is. Is he disconnecting the battery (from training robot) currently powering the door to the Mess Hall? Or is someone disconnecting the battery currently powering the Battle Harness Power Armor?

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Sorry for the mix-up. The confusion was mine. I had it in my mind that the battery that was opening the door to the mess hall was also connected to the shield on the suit (which was why I expected a battle as soon as the captain's quarters was opened, as I figured the creature had escaped when we opened the mess hall.)

Considering the two batteries and their purposes, and not wanting to fight a battle on two fronts, Aegis-9 asks the following:

"We have a choice to make, Starfinders. Do we remove the battery to the power suit and release the creature within the captain first? The benefit is that we know what we are up against and can perhaps find a means to defeat it when there is only one to contend with. Hopefully, we can subdue it and ensure that it doesn't augment whatever creatures are already in the bridge. However, we then run the risk of it escaping first to warn any others as well as possibly wearing down our resources before we confront the bulk of the enemy."

"Or, do we leave the creature contained in the suit alone for now and open the bridge door? The benefit may be that we can possibly take any opponents on the bridge by surprise, get a better idea of the number of opponents more quickly, and be within the location to complete our primary mission while we are still at the peak of our resources."

The android analyzes each strategy. ”The All-Code knows that I am no prophet, but I think our chances are best if we start with the bridge.”

Proposed plan=Catchy detaches the battery that powered the Mess Hall The other three prepare to storm the bridge. The proposal would change if detaching the battery would somehow leave Catchy outside of the bridge. If necessary, can we prop the door open?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"If we don't need to release the creature in the suit, let us try to not do that." says a relieved sounding Gunnz.

"To the bridge! And don't spare the horses!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Agreed!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Agreed! I was disconnecting the battery from the training robot but bridge sounds good. Thanks for clarifying. Can I still use the previous roll?

Dark Archive

So you want to have you three in the mess hall. Catchy detach the Battery currently powering the mess hall and connect it to the Bridge cables, effectively powering the Bridge doors and leaving you cut off from leaving or Catchy joining you as the Mess Hall doors will no longer have power.

Though what will you use to prop the doors open?

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

I assumed that doors without power couldn't move and would stay open. Although on a starship, it makes sense to have the doors seal themselves.

Perhaps, we could prop the doors with dead ship batteries, but that complicates an assault on the bridge because we'd be fighting to keep the enemy at bay and to keep the door from closing on us and trapping us in. Not sure JJ could handle the battery switch alone.

The risk of the party getting trapped and failing the mission is greater if we have to worry about keeping the door.

So, while I hate to pull a reverse, reverse, I guess recommend going back to Plan A:
1. All surround the forcefield with batons
2. Catchy cuts power
3. We defeat (hopefully) the creature and maybe get Intel
4. All but Catchy surround bridge door.
5. Catchy inserts forcefield battery then joins party
6. We open bridge door, beat any creatures
7. Grab data
8. Grab all personal artifacts and remains we can
9. Get outta here!

Since we agreed to this plan previously until I pulled the plug on it (sorry), I think it safe to assume we all agree and can proceed where we left off unless someone chimes in otherwise with happens when the forcefield battery is pulled.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Let's do it.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Okay, plan A it is!

Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

This was my original roll

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Plan-A" agrees Gunnz, looking out at the approaching space storm through a porthole.

Dark Archive

I was half-expecting you to drag a bed or shipping crate over hehe.

A kasatha, its body halfmelted by the explosion that killed it, lies in wait inside the powered armor; its incorporeal form shares the space of the corpse of its former captain and is unable to pass through the suit’s force field. That is, until Catchy disconnects the battery, releasing it from it's prison.

As the creature leaps forth from the armor the Starfinders begin to feel a dizzying sensation in their minds.

@All- Need a DC 10 Will save or confused for 2 rounds.

The incorporeal claw reaches into Gunnz' chest.

Incorporeal Claw vs EAC FF 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The undead screeches a cry that echoes throughout the ship.

Init:

Gunnz: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Dokushisoka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Catchy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Aegis-9: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Undead: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Round 1
------------------------------
Undead
------------------------------
Doku
Catchy
Gunnz (SP 6/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku, running low on magic, takes a pot shot at the undead:
Azimuth Pistol: 1d20 ⇒ 16 for DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 1

and then moves to a better spot.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:


As the creature leaps forth from the armor the Starfinders begin to feel a dizzying sensation in their minds.

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Success! Barely, but success!

The sensation sweeps over Aegis-9, slowly his reaction time down, but only for an instant.
GM Tyranius wrote:


The incorporeal claw reaches into Gunnz' chest. The undead screeches a cry that echoes throughout the ship.

Unfortunately, that instant was all the creature needed to seize his trusted comrade. By the All-Code, this thing is fast! Aegis-9 realizes. Feeling the weight of the force training baton that he had readied in his hand, the android’s training kicks in and his thoughts are focused on the plan the time had previously formulated (then unformulated, then reformulated) and he shouts the pre-arranged signal to the others as he strikes, ”Get it!”

Mechanics: As move action, Aegis-9 uses his Envoy Improvisation (Get ‘Em). As a result, Aegis-9 and all allies gain +1 morale bonus to attack rolls against the undead creature. As a standard action, Aegis-9 with the Idaran force training baton.

Melee (Baton) v. EAC?: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 1 = 15 Damage (Guessing Amount): 1d4 ⇒ 1

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sorry, I missed the Save Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
"Stay out of my head!" screams Gunnz as she thrusts her force baton at the figure.

attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Assuming a force baton is 1d6?

I'm guessing trick shot again won't work against incorporeal creatures?

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Great, now I have guilt! says Catchy, seeing the ethereal form attack Gunnz.

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 6

A fog rolls over Catchy's mind Yes, AKiton. The market place. What an interesting place that was. Hello Aegis, what an interesting..oh look, a drone. Hello dro..hmm..did I ever receive payment for that lecture I gave on drift physics?

Effects of Confused state: 1d100 ⇒ 53

Hey everyone! Look! I have a GUN! Whoop! Let's see if it works!

Catchy points the gun and his own thigh This is going to be a hoot! and pulls the trigger

Damage to self: 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Am I right that damage is to SP first, then HP?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Ketch "Catchy" Arl wrote:
Am I right that damage is to SP first, then HP?

Correct

Dark Archive

Doku fires his azimuth laser pistol at the incorporeal being, burning a hole clean through it.

Catchy gets a bit muddled and shoots himself in the leg.

@Gunnz- An Idaran force training baton is a 2nd-level uncategorized basic melee weapon that deals 1d4 bludgeoning damage. The damage from this weapon counts as a force effect when wielded by a character with at least 12 Strength. Note, this does not mean the weapon deals force damage, only that it counts as a force effect for overcoming certain defenses such as incorporeal. It has the operative and powered (capacity 20, usage 1) special properties, it is light bulk.

@Gunnz- trick shot would work. I though I posted about the batons effects earlier. But in case I did not you may retcon your action.

@Aegis- The Baton acts as a tactical baton vs KAC. It just acts as a force effect.

Aegis swings the baton through the misty undead. As the baton interacts with the atmosphere it seems to miss the undead as it leaps further from the Captain's body.

Round 1
------------------------------
Undead (-1)
------------------------------
Doku
Catchy (SP 5/6; HP 8/8; confused 1 rnd)
Gunnz (SP 6/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"You attacked us unprovoked!" Aegis-9 calls out to the creature."Therefore, my fellow Starfinders and I have little choice, but to continue to press our attack until you cease your hostilities!" The android urges his comrades to battle on!

Move action = Get 'Em = +1 morale bonus to Aegis-9 and allies to attacks against the creature

"It appears that you were once a member of this crew as well as a fellow Starfinder." the android says. Even as he attempts to strike the creature with the force baton, traces of sorrow and regret are noticeable in his voice."Why then, did you slaughter them? What was it that they did to cause you to lash out with such rage?"

Melee Attack (force baton) v. KAC): 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 = 16 Melee Damage (F): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
If it is a kinetic attack, then I assume I add Aegis-9's Strength bonus

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz uses her trick shot with her pistol instead Why min str of 12 to count as force? odd and surprise the ghost.
Attack is the same as before 17, base damage 6, but she will actually start 5' back from the body so as to not be in direct combat

stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
bonus damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

Yea it is odd. No clue why they did that.

@Aegis- I just used your first roll and applied it to KAC instead. It was a miss. Yes, your strength will get added into the damage roll for melee weapons.

Gunnz fires her static arc pistol instead. Jolts of electrical current crawl across the incorporeal form as it doesn't seem to respond to Aegis-9's questioning with little more than pure rage.

The undead floats forward after Gunnz, sapping more precious life force from her.

Incorporeal Claw vs EAC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Gunnz leaps back just out of reach.

Round 2
------------------------------
Undead (-5)
------------------------------
Doku
Catchy (SP 5/6; HP 8/8; confused 1 rnd)
Gunnz (SP 6/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"I don't think it likes me" notes Gunnz as she takes a guarded step back, before firing once again.
attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

She rushes the shot, obviously scared of the ghost.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku reaches out magically with his mind, hoping that there's enough left in the ghost's to feel the effects. He casts a spell of Mind Thurst. If it has an INT score at all it takes 2d10 ⇒ (9, 6) = 15 WILL DC 15 for half.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:

@Aegis- I just used your first roll and applied it to KAC instead.

Sorry, I didn't intend to go twice. I guess I got so excited that I didn't notice that it was Aegis-9's turn yet.

Gunnz wrote:
"I don't think it likes me" notes Gunnz as she takes a guarded step back, before firing once again.

"That's because it knows that you're able to hurt it!" responds Aegis-9. "Keep the pressure on, but keep ahead of its touch!"

Seeing that Gunnz's pulsecaster was far more effective against the creature than he has been with the baton and feeling more comfortable with the weapon, Aegis-9 drops the baton and pulls out his own pulsecaster pistol. Move action

He aims it at the creature, but still seeks a peaceful resolution to the conflict by trying to appeal to Kasathan and remind the creature of her past. "If that is you, Yotto, it doesn't have to end like this! If we are forced to quelch your spirit, then you will be remembered only for your apparent crimes and for the dishonor that you have brought to your family and to the traditions of the past!"

Aegis-9 readies his standard action to fire his pulsecaster pistol should the creature make any further hostile action.

If creature makes a hostile action:

Aegis-9 fires his pistol. Ranged attack (pulse caster pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Damage (pulsecaster/E): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Effects of confused state: 1d100 ⇒ 41

Catchy starts to rock back and forth, eyes darting around the room The strudel Aegis! You're going to burn the strudel if you don't turn the oven down! Oh bless the stars, have I taught you nothing about making strudel? What am I if not a master chef! Here, give me that apron you useless lump of metal. I'll MAKE THE STRUDEL MYSELF!... Catchy trails off, mixing an imaginary bowl of cake mixture

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Ketch "Catchy" Arl wrote:
Catchy starts to rock back and forth, eyes darting around the room The strudel Aegis! You're going to burn the strudel if you don't turn the oven down! Oh bless the stars, have I taught you nothing about making strudel? What am I if not a master chef! Here, give me that apron you useless lump of metal. I'll MAKE THE STRUDEL MYSELF!... Catchy trails off, mixing an imaginary bowl of cake mixture

"Focus your mind, Catchy!" Aegis-9 shouts. "You've been touched by whatever madness has overcome the spirit of this Starfinder! Fight it, my friend! Your senses are betraying you! This is no oven here! There is no strudel!"

Watching Catchy trail off with empty hands, the android realizes that his attempts to get to through to the mechanic were ineffective. "Though your mind may be wracked by confusion, my friend, you are right about one thing." Aegis-9 mutters softly at first, then his voice rises to a crescendo. "I am definitely turning up the heat!"

I have here one order, for delivery in the middle of battle, of a one-liner with extra cheese, hold the anchovies... check!

Dark Archive

@Gunnz- Gave 2 SP back to you as damage is also reduced by 2 on 4 player adjustment.

@Doku- A -4 Intelligence is still intelligence.

Will save DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

What is left of the dead's mind is shattered further as Doku drills into it.

Catchy continues to babble to himself on the recipe for his family's baking secrets.

Gunnz rushes as she takes a step back, tripping over a few of the Captain's belongings and biffs the shot.

Aegis drops the force baton and grabs his own pulsecaster. He continues to try and speak to once what was Yotto, though no longer is anything more than a mindless drift dead.

While the energy weapons and spell seem to slowly wound the incorporeal, they don't seem to be doing it quick by any means as half the energy seems to be dissipated with each attack.

The nearby etheric storm occasionally pulses with great intensity, sending a shock wave of etheric energy through the unshielded Scholar’s Struggle that randomly disables technological items and systems for short periods.

Pulse chance: 1d100 ⇒ 96

The shields keep the storm at bay for now as the undead turns to Aegis. It's malevolent eyes pour with hatred and reaches into the androids precious circuitry.

Incorporeal Claw vs Aegis-9 EAC 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

catchy's head finally clears from the madness.

Round 3
------------------------------
Undead (-13)
------------------------------
Doku
Catchy (SP 5/6; HP 8/8)
Gunnz (SP 8/14; HP 16/16)
Aegis-9 (SP 0/6; HP 8/10)

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz, knowing that the pulse pistol is better than nothing, continues to fire, stepping forward to give herself more room, and tripping over the cable that connected the captains suit to the ship power supply as she does so.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

201 to 250 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.