GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 (Inactive)

Game Master Tyranius

Starship Combat Cheatsheet
Tactical Map


151 to 200 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"If the blood were the only clue to potential survivors, Doku, I might be better able to proceed in a more methodical manner." Aegis-9 replies. "However, my audio sensors picked up a cry or screech when we first entered this vessel. Where there is a cry, there is breath. And where there is breath, there is hope."

Dark Archive

What now?

@Catchy- That data pad just needs a new battery from what you can tell.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Then lets hasten our way into rooms we can get into." The shirren looks over, "If my pistol battery works, by all means use it on the datapad."

Doku hustles over to the next door and gives it a listen, then steps aside for the opening [dice=Perception[d20+8[/dice]

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"Catchy, grab those medpacs you found in the compartment and let's move out!" says Aegis-9. "We will likely need them for the injured crew." Satisfied that he and the rest of the party have safely stowed all of the Kasathan "gifts" in the room, he leaves the room and heads toward the bridge. On the way, he tries to listen for signs of life coming from any of the rooms that he passes.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Dark Archive

Using Doku's battery while they head to the next room Catchy powers the device on with ease. As it powers on the last program open was a personal log of one of the kasathas, Teliu.

RECORD 1
I am worried about Yotto. She is furious about what happened at the Bulwark and seems to be withdrawing more and more she didn’t even attend this morning’s spar. Instead, I battled against Blue Sky-101, who is a skilled opponent but lacks the same vitality and understanding of honor. I thought Yotto would at least work some of her anger out by taking baton to bot. Perhaps it is her youth getting the better of her. I will give her a few days to restore her balance.

RECORD 2
The loss of Yotto is unbearable, and to make matters worse, the damage to the ship was more extensive than we thought. The captain sent out a distress beacon in the Drift, but it is too dangerous to stay in this minefield, so we have returned to the Material Plane. When we return to the Idari, I hope the adata will accept Yotto’s body and grant me dispensation to query her soul. I’d like to speak with her one last time—and ask her why she was in the cargo hold when we were hit. For now, I have shrouded her body and placed it in the sparring chamber.

RECORD 3
At first, I thought it was a dream—a nightmare. I walked into the sparring room and there was Yotto, but… changed. She swung at me from across the room, but I felt her hand rip through me as though I were made of paper. I tried to subdue her with the sparring equipment, but my blows simply passed through her. It took all of us armed with force batons to eventually lure her into the captain’s quarters, where the captain sacrificed herself to trap Yotto—or whatever she has become—within her suit’s force field. Kela has rigged one of the ship’s batteries to amplify the field and keep the creature contained, but we may soon be faced with fighting this thing for our lives.

FINAL RECORD
As our forebears faced the dimming of Kasath’s sun, so do we know that our ship’s power reserves near their end. Traska hasencrypted our ship’s log, and tonight we will gather in the mess to partake of our final meal. We have placed our sacred items atop our beds, as tradition requires. I hope those items, as well as something of the captain, our pilot, and even Blue Sky-101, find a safe return to the Idari should we not. Eloritu guide us.

– Teliu Davead Mord of Clan Ferrous, House Elwood, truth-keeper of the Ferrous Stone.

****

Doku rushes down the hall and opens the western door to the Engine Room.

Cracks mar the surface of this room’s western wall. A constant thrum of power is audible within the area, clearly emanating from an immense engine embedded into the northern wall. A standalone module sits opposite the only entrance to the room, but the thick cable that should connect it to the humming engine is irrevocably split. Three rectangular stacks of batteries fill the southern end of the engine room.

This room was damaged because of a collision of sorts. The resulting power surges caused additional damage to the Drift engine and ruptured several power cells. A control module opposite the door is dark, and a heavy cable connecting it to the engine enclosure is irrevocably blown apart.

The engine enclosure in the forward section of the room is missing its front panel, and a maze of crisscrossing wires connect to various terminals.

South of the control module, several dead, brick-sized starship batteries are stacked on metal shelves. The topmost row is hooked up to an exposed power terminal labeled “Mess” with a black marker. Another power terminal is labeled “Bridge.”

DC 20 Engineer:
The patchwork of rerouted wires would take even an expert more time than you have to reverse-engineer. you recognize the futility of attempting to reroute power using the existing wires.

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Wow, what a state. I can’t imagine just how unbearable it must have been on this ship in th final days Catchy trails off. JJ bleeps solemnly.

After a few seconds, Catchy says Let me see if I can get this module to talk to us

Eng Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Ah, dammit. The wires have been cross-relayed and the polarisation is shot to bits. Even if I had all the time of an Akiton Summer, I’d never get this working. Lost cause folks Let’s check out the last door Or perhaps we could chat to BlueSKy101 back in the sparring room - it might have some answers

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Upon hearing the audio of the kasathas’ records, Aegis-9 suddenly halts his charge towards the bridge. ”By the sound of her Teliu’s personal recordings, it would seem that the threat that ultimately doomed this crew was neither a hull breach nor a malfunction in the automated system.” the android utters was great gravity. ”But to something far more sinister.”

”If there are any survivors, they would most likely be in the mess hall, whichever room that is. Perhaps this room across the hallway. Let’s see if we can find a way in.”

Perception to Aid Another): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

As he searches for a way in, the android contemplates what he and the others may find. He then adds, ”Before we depart, let us also make a point to retrieve the training unit, Blue-Sky 101, to be returned to the Idari.”

Dark Archive

A ten-foot-wide communal shower stands along the south of this room. A rack of towels rests within reach, while a trio of sinks and toilet stalls covers the rest of this room. A single door admits access to this washroom.

The ship’s lavatory is unremarkable apart, perhaps, from the washbasins built to accommodate four-armed kasathas. A large shower with four showerheads takes up most of the aft portion of the room.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"Obviously, the crew were organics." says Aegis-9 as he peers into the washroom. "I suggest we try the forward door and that we return and look for gifts later. That, is, unless you think organic beings are likely to store their keycards in a lavatory.".

I find that my kids leave all kinds of odd things on the bathroom floor; books, toy cars, string, babydolls, clothing...

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

We have to crack that door Says Catchy. I wonder whether we should split up and look for it to save time. That storm is awful close.

Did we search the training room? I can'r recall

Dark Archive

The Training room is the one with the training robot, assortment of weapons and projector.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Ex-projector

"Interesting about the body being shrouded... I wonder if that means they had hidden it somehow.." says Gunnz who has been quiet for a while.

"We should make sure we each have one of those batons that could hurt Yotto though, if the armor suit has failed maybe they are free again.."

Dark Archive

What next? You guys have great posts and RP, just need to have a push somewhere in it pushing onto a next agenda.

Leaving the washroom the group tries the door leading to the front of the ship. Aegis-9 finds that it is lacking sufficient power to open the door. This is likely the Mess Hall.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Guunz thinks "Can we provide power to the mess hall from the room back there? Did anyone see spare cables we could use?"
engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz takes out a power cell and tries to hotwire it into the unpowered door.

take ten engineering: 10 + 6 = 16

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

As Gunnz settles in to rewire the door to the mess hall, Aegis-9's hand slams against the unpowered door.

”Belay, your attempt to open the mess door, Gunnz.” shouts Aegis-9 as one who has just made a revelation, before stating gravely, ”By doing so, you may be eliminating the crew’s last defense against the creature plaguing this vessel.”

”I believe I have just now realized why the ship systems have been re-routed.” the android speaks solemnly as he begins to recount what he believes transpired on the vessel before the Starfinders’ arrival.

Setting up the "dramatic reveal" in preparation of working on a long post (which I hope postulates correct conclusions about what is going on...)

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

“Following whatever tragedy befell the Bulwark, this vessel was boarded by some malevolent force or creature. The creature apparently killed the crewmember, Yolo, before resuscitating her body, which the creature imbued with great strength and even, perhaps some ability to become incorporeal. As such, the crew and their training robot could do little to affect the creature except through the use of force batons. Armed with this knowledge, the crew formulated a plan. One that was apparently successful.”[/b]

”The captain lured the creature into her armored suit—almost certainly while she was wearing it,” Aegis-9 considers grimly. ”The captain sacrificed herself to get the creature into the suit. Once the creature was within it, the crew initiated the next phase of their plan, which was to power up the containment field in the suit, which they powered with one of the ship’s batteries. The plan worked. The creature was contained…”

”But only for a limited amount of time.” the android continues. ”The power from the ship’s battery was finite and the remaining crew realized that the containment field would eventually soon fail. Thus, as power levels diminished, they gathered together in the mess to await the creature’s inevitable escape. As a final effort layer of protection, the crew set up a containment field in the mess hall by rerouting the remainder of the ship’s power to that location. Thus, when we found the remaining batteries they had been reconfigured to send power to another location, the power terminal we found labeled ‘Mess’. If we open the door, then we may be breaching the barrier that protects any of the remaining crew.” Aegis-9 postulates.

”To complete the power reconfiguration, one of the crew would most likely have had to stay outside of the mess hall to activate it. That crewman would have been left on this side of the mess hall containment field with the creature. When the creature eventually escaped, it tried to cut the power to the mess hall, resulting in the damage we saw in the engine room.”

”The cry we heard upon entry of the ship and the blood trail suggest that the creature accosted the remaining crewman, and is holding up in, what I suspect, are the captain’s quarters.” the android speculates further. ”I am no engineer, but the containment field in the mess hall is not likely to last much longer.”

”If I am correct, then our best course would appear to be to locate whatever force batons or other force weapons we can, locate the keycard, access the door, and confront the creature before the mess hall containment field fails. Once the creature is vanquished, then we can open the door to the mess hall and proceed to the bridge where I suspect the data we seek is being held.”

”It would appear that our best course of action would be to search the rooms in this portion of the ship, including those we already opened, for force weapons and keycards, as well as any kasathan gifts.” suggests Aegis-9. ”As there is still one room we have not yet opened, let us start there!”

Aegis-9 heads down the corridor to the last unopened room.

There it is, Aegis-9's working theory and my own. It is quite possible I missed a clue or something that derails it, so feel free to correct the android.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

If anyone follows Aegis-9, then he will aid another at Perception at the far door where I moved the android's pawn.

Perception (Aid Another): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

[occ]+2 to Perception to whoever searches the door with Aegis-9. If others remain at the mess door trying to open it, then use this roll as Aegis-9's primary.[/ooc]

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz stops. "Wow, that is a little more sophisticated than my thinking. I'm still confused by the mines in the drift to be honest. I have had the ship damaged, coming into normal space. Yotto going space-crazy and then dying in the cargo hold."

She stops before continuing her own reconstruction. "She dies, and then comes back, like a ghost. I agree with the captain bit, not so sure about the rest of the crew, but where else could they be? Unless they went in an escape pod?"

She pauses. "Maybe we should search that cargo hold...see if we can work out what she was doing? We don't have a lot of time with that storm approaching. And we already have force batons.." She points to the supply of them extracted from the training room, and the legacy one.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"It was the reference to a desire to query Yolo's spirit and the reference to a creature in the record logs that led me to believe we weren't simply dealing with a discontented spirit."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"I agree with your recommendation, Gunnz. Let us distribute the force batons and proceed to the cargo hold.",says Aegis-9.

Perception check previously posted

Dark Archive

Gunnz is stopped just before he hooks the battery from his weapon up as Aegis explains a theory and drags the group back across the ship to the cargo hold.

The northern wall of this chamber is so forcibly compacted to the south that the chamber extends only about ten feet from the door. Several person-sized crates are fused into the distorted hull, obviously melted by extreme heat. Space is visible from between several gaps in the northern wall, accented by the occasional shimmer of a force field.

DC 14 Perception:

You find a pattern of android fluids and alien blood spatter along the edges of one of the force field–protected holes into space.

DC 20 Computers:
Checking the terminal adjacent to the door you identify that the field was last lowered using the authorization of a crew member named Blue Sky-101.

One of the fused cargo containers houses a macabre set of limbs: the right arm and leg.

DC 15 Medicine:
You identify the limbs as being torn off by a creature with vicious claws.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Aegis-9 surveys the newly-opened chamber...

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Computers: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

... but notices only a few crates and the two body parts.

"No doubt another unfortunate member of the crew." the android says mournfully as he views the body parts.

"I suppose all that is left to do now is begin to systematically search each of the rooms. Provided..." Aegis-9 notes as he views into portions of space through the forcefield, "there is enough time before the storm hits."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Look! Do you see the pattern of android fluids and alien blood spatter along the edges of one of the force field–protected holes into space?"

---------------

"I think, at this point, we're going to need to scrounge a powerful enough battery to hook up the correct power, and we'd best be quick about it. Now, has anyone seen a beefier battery than the ones in our weapons? Are there any working spares in the room with the cables?" Doku, not being educated in such matters,
looks for obvious clues. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

What about that projector, does that have batteries?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
computers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
medicine: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Oh, now I see it.." agrees Gunnz with Doku.

"We have sufficient batteries I'm sure.' says Gunnz.

"But what happened here? Is this where the mine exploded? I wonder what is in the crates? Members of the crew who died in the explosion?"

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
Dokushisoka wrote:


"Look! Do you see the pattern of android fluids and alien blood spatter along the edges of one of the force field–protected holes into space?"

"I have visual receptors on it now." Aegis-9 says in response. "It appears that I was hasty in my earlier assessment that there was only one artificial form with the crew. Blue Sky-101 must not have been the training robot, as I had initially surmised. But instead was a member of the crew and now, an apparent casualty."

The android recalls the training robot while his companions question where to locate a power source. "That may be it!" Aegis-9 announces. "The training robot spoke. It obviously still has sufficient energy with which to function. Perhaps, it could provide us with the power source we need."

Dark Archive

With the sparring robot shut down the group notices a set of running lights leading to a panel on its back where its battery is stored.The panel looks like it can be removed with a couple tools. Engineer tool kit or Str check to just rip it free.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Figuring that his hydraulics likely make him the strongest, Aegis-9 attempts to pull the panel free. "I could probably use some assistance." he says. With his finger actuators pulling in tight around the panel's edges, he pulls.

Strength check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Dark Archive

Aegis-9 uses one of the weapons and jams it in the slot. Getting some leverage the android pries the panel loose revealing a battery within the compartment.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Skill, my large friend, is what is required here." says Gunnz

engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"And brute strength. That helps too."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)
GM Tyranius wrote:
Aegis-9 uses one of the weapons and jams it in the slot. Getting some leverage the android pries the panel loose revealing a battery within the compartment.

The android hands the battery to Gunnz. "I trust you know what to do with this, I'll search the rest of the training room for the keycard."

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Dark Archive

As Gunnz moves to hook the battery up Aegis takes a few more moments to search the room for any signs of the keycard and finds none.

The group heads back around to the engine room and hooks the battery up to the wires labeled Mess. This seems to do the trick as the doors light with power. Aegis moves to open the doors and the turret down the hall spins around as a high pitched frequency whines through the air. The circuit seems overloaded and the turret explodes, filling the air with a sharp smell of burnt ozone.

The door to the mess hall slides open to a grim scene.

This room resembles a charnel house. The remains of two dead kasathas are piled in the northwest corner, surrounded by knocked-over chairs. A ceremonial table setting in the center of the chamber is spattered with blood. The stench of decay is palpable in this room, and even the sink along the southern wall is coated in a dark-red shade. Storage containers fill the eastern side of the room, each similarly spattered by gore. An impressive set of double doors bars passage to the north, while a single steel access door continues out to the south.

DC 16 Perception or DC 12 Medicine:
You notice several wounds that indicate a four-armed creature ripped into these unfortunate souls.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Desna! What happened?" Doku looks around without stepping into the room. "We're running out of ship, and likely time."

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Aegis-9 surveys the grim scene.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Such a tragic death... And to be killed by a creature in the body of one of your own. We can do nothing to return these fallen to us, but we can stop their killer!

Aegis-9 inspects the bodies.

Any key cards?

Dark Archive

Aegis and Doku notice on top of the table, off to one side of the kasathas’ unfinished meal, is a key card! The storage containers hold a pair of mk 1 serums of healing.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku steps aside, expecting Aegis-9 to grab the card and immediately try the door on the starboard side.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"At last!" Aegis-9 cries as he grabs the keycard. "We have no more time to lose. Follow me and be prepared to confront this creature." The android draws his pulsecaster pistol, before adding grimly, "And let us pray to the All-Code that we are not too late."

Aegis-9 heads toward the locked door. Unless someone else wishes to do so, Aegis-9 will attempt to open the door with the card (I believe we already checked it for possible traps). As one person opens the door, I suggest the rest of us prepare an action to fire at anything that comes at us.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz takes out one of the force batons and readies it before following Aegis-9.

"From the smell, they cannot have been dead too long. Or do bodies not decompose in space?"

Dark Archive

Aegis gets over excited about finding the keycard. Grabbing it he heads back down the hallway where the destroyed turret still smokes. Though a second turret opposite the malfunctioning unit emerges from a hidden compartment in the ceiling and attacks Aegis as it locks onto him.

Turret vs Aegis KAC 15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Init:

Gunnz: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Dokushisoka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Catchy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Aegis-9: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Round 1
---------------------------
Turret
---------------------------
Gunnz
Aegis (SP 4/6; HP 10/10)
Catchy
Doku

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Doku slides up behind Aegis, and casts a spell of reflective armor on himself.

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

Seizing upon his innate duty to protect others, Aegis-9 remains steadfast despite having just been hit. "Find cover!" the android urges. Then, realizing that there is little cover to have in the hallway to be had, he adds in a low, solemn tone, "Even if you have to use me."

Repositioning himself in an effort to maximize his profile and to afford as much protection as he can to his comrades, Aegis-9 declares, ”We won't let some pre-programmed subroutine keep us from reaching the very beings that we have sworn to rescue! It takes much more than that to discourage a Starfinder!"

The android envoy raises his pistol. ”Follow my lead…” he prompts, before firing.

Ranged Attack (Pulsecaster pistol): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Damage (E/NL): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Then, before the fizzling, electric discharge from his weapon even dissipates, Aegis-9 adds encouragingly, ”And get ‘em.”

As his move action, Aegis-9 uses his Get ‘Em Envoy Improvisation and chooses the turreted laser as the target. Allies gain +1 moral bonus to attack rolls against the turreted laser.

I realize brand new, 1st-level characters that try to act like Big Damn Heroes ™ aren’t likely to last long, but they are fun to play!

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz quickly draws and fires at the turret.
static arc pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Not sure if I can use trick shot against a turret, but if so.
stealth DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
extra damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Sorry about my absence - been travelling across India and internet is intermittent at best. Apologies for lack of RP in this post

Catchy draws his tactical pistol and fires at the turret

Tactical Pistol: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21 +1 from Aegis
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

@Gunnz- i am probably going to side with no on Trick attacking objects as it is more tricking and startling a foe.

Gunnz fires a small electrical current into the turret, which causes it's tracking system to short out.

Aegis follows it up with an electrical blast of his own as he urges everyone to find cover and sync up fire on the turret.

Catchy watches as a spark erupts from the machine as his bullet bounces off of it.

Doku casts a spell that will help protect him from most forms of harm for a short period.

The turret stays on Aegis.

Turret vs Aegis KAC 15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Aegis is riddles with fresh holes in his frame.

Round 1
---------------------------
Turret (-7)
---------------------------
Gunnz
Aegis (SP 0/6; HP 5/10)
Catchy
Doku

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz winces at Aegis takes one for the team, and fires twice quickly.

attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22
attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18
damage1: 1d6 ⇒ 4
damage2: 1d6 ⇒ 2

"Gota short that quickly, or we are all joining the crew.."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG Shirren Priest Mystic | SP 4/9 HP 6/6| RP 2/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Don't you die on me Aegis-9!" Doku weaves a spell of magic and mystically cures Aegis-9 for HP: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Exo-Guardians

Male LG tempered pilgrim android envoy 2/soldier 1| Speed 20 ft (30 ft w/o armor) | SP 00/19 HP 2/23 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +3 | Active conditions: none
Skills:
Computers +6, Culture +7, Diplomacy +7 (+1d6 expert), Disguise +6, Eng +5, Medicine +7, Perception +6, Piloting +8, Profession (writer) +10, Sense Motive +3 (+1d6 expert)

"Not this day, Doku. Not yet." Aegis-9 responds. "There is a thin line between being a hero and memory."he notes grimly.

"This defense system may be more durable than anticipated..." The android looks up towards the laser turret, then down at the last of the remaining blast scars as they magically fade from his techno-frame. "But thanks to you, Doku, so am I." The android performs a rapid, internal analysis, replaying the events of the prior few seconds within its positronic mind.

"Clearly, a new strategy is necessary. The laser turret seems to be focused on me. I will try to draw its attention, while Gunnz blasts away at it." Aegis-9 proposes. "The rest of you, I suggest, seek cover in the engine room. See if you can't cut the laser's power or disable it from there."

The android raises its pulsecaster pistol and fires at the turreted laser.

Ranged Attack (pulsecaster pistol): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage (E/NL): 1d4 ⇒ 1

Then, he races towards the hallway with the locked room in it in an effort to secure cover. Aegis-9 pawn moved on map

Exo-Guardians

Male Ysoki Mechanic (Spacefarer) -1 SP 0/6 | HP 7/8 | RP 4/4 EAC 13, KAC 14, "CMD" 22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +2 |

Back in the UK, whoop! Bit confused - it is Catchy’s turn? Alos, I forgot about JJ, oops. I think I get two actions, is that right?

Dark Archive

Just before Aegis takes off Doku mends a large portion of his more immediate wounds. Gunnz and Aegis are able to cause a few additional shorts in the turret's circuitry as it jerks in random directions.

Round 2
---------------------------
Turret (-14)
---------------------------
Gunnz
Aegis (SP 0/6; HP 10/10)
Catchy
Doku

151 to 200 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Cries from the Drift (Starfinder) Tier 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.