Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


501 to 550 of 4,205 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Teil runs through the flames to quickly get north to the doctor's aid. His axe begins to shimmer with energy as he swings at the skull.

Axe: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Move, psychic weapon, attack, ready Saving Shield to give the doctor +2 to AC, DR 5 fire to walk through the squares.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Despite his natural resistance to fire, Teilaenthis gets slightly singed while making his way through the fire. You took 6 fire damage by moving through the second fire square, for 1 fire damage total, Teil.

Nevertheless, the Tiefling's axe makes short work of the other burning skull, breaking it into pieces.

GM Screen:

Fire Damage 1: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fire Damage 2: 1d6 ⇒ 6

With both undead menaces dealt with, Drace and Dr. Von Herzog turn their attention back to fighting the fires. The fighter quickly makes his way across the floor to help the Sheriff with the southwest fire, while the doctor makes another attempt at his fire, but fails to snuff much of it out. The Sheriff is unable to extinguish much of his fire either.

Stefan's CMB: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Sheriff CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Might I assume that everyone it going to focus their attention on fighting the fires now? We don't need to necessarily stay in combat any longer, so to speed things up, everyone give me 3 rolls to put out the fires.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Firefighting Redhead, DC 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Firefighting Redhead, DC 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Firefighting Redhead, DC 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Vivian manages to extinguish some flames, then rushes to another fire, but she's less successful.Coughing, she says

Lady in distress here, I could need an hand...

An help roll by someone on my 3rd try?


Male M,

Magical Fire Fighter: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Magical Fire Fighter: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Magical Fire Fighter: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Firefighting doctor (DC 12): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Firefighting doctor (DC 12): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Firefighting doctor (DC 12): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Perhaps the good doctor should stick to practicing medicine...


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Douse DC 12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Douse DC 12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Douse DC 12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Tara Douse 1: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Tara Douse 2: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Tara Douse 3: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Drace Douse 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Drace Douse 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Drace Douse 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Sheriff Douse 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Sheriff Douse 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Sheriff Douse 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

* * *
Working together with the Sheriff's help, it takes the party about another minute before they finally succeed in extinguishing the remaining Town Hall fires. Tired, covered in sweat, and smelling like you've all been simmering over a campfire, you emerge from the building to find the Town Council and some of the other townfolk outside waiting for you with relieved expressions.

"We just want to thank you for your quick action in saving all of our lives and preserving the building and its records." Councilman Hearthmount addresses you with a respectful nod, "We will need a couple of days to clean up, but after that we will give you free access to building for your research."

Is there anything else you would like to do this evening? It has been 3 days since the last incident of vandalism at the Harrowstone Memorial.


Male M,

Options anyone? Other then looking through the Town Records? I'd hate to go exploring that jail without a heads up. Anyone want to stake out the Memorial? Sentir is game.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan thinks about what he knows about flaming skulls...
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Stefan remembers the same information that Tara recalled earlier:

GM Harker wrote:
These are aptly named Flaming Skulls, members of a class of undead known as the Beheaded. They are relatively simple creatures despite the dread they may inspire upon seeing them. Their only major attack is to ram into their victims, burning them with their fire. Unsurprisingly, they are unaffected by fire damage and possess the same immunities as most undead do, such as invulnerability to mind-affecting effects, poison, and disease.

* * *

Anyone else going to join Sentir tonight at the Memorial? I'm going to assume that Drace will be willing to go, since he mentioned it previously.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian takes Sentir aside

Sentir, GM:
Just so you know: I've been to the Memorial before the meeting in the Town Hall, and saw nothing. But maybe the fire in the building was a ruse, and someone defiled again the Memorial.So check it again, please.

Vivian the walks to the Sherif
Is everyone all right?No one is too badly burned,I hope? I guess nearly all the town was there tonight...


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

"Actually, now that you mention it, those two good folks who got burned could probably use some healing or at least medical attention." The Sheriff replies, doing a poor job at not looking as tired as he feels, "As far as I know everyone else made it out without a problem. My deputies were outside guarding the place, I'll catch up with them in a minute to be sure. We weren't expecting flying creatures to break through the windows, I guess I better start arming them with bows."


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Brushing off the ash and soot from the fire, Tara approaches the Sheriff. "Sheriff Caeller, Could you direct me towards the injured? I will do what I can to ease the pain." Offering a kind smile, Tara notices how the past week has taken its toll on the man, but does not mention it. Heading over to the two injured townsmen, Tara asks them if they would prefer first aid or magical healing.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian waits as Tara heals the burns and wounds, and then asks the Sheriff discreetly

Sherif:
I have a question: was someone missing tonight,at the meeting? Someone who should have been there, but wasn't?


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Teilaenthis simply observes the group, some small blisters a minor price to pay for saving as many as the group did. [i]"Will the scales ever balance again though?"[/b]


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

While Tara works on one, Stefan takes a look at the other injured townsperson.

Treat Deadly Wounds (DC 20), no healer's kit
Heal: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 4 = 23

Success! Heals 1 hp per victim's level.

"Looks like you've got second-degree burns and some smoke inhalation..."

Improvising the lack of his doctor's black bag with what he can scrounge in his spell component pouch, Stefan treats the young man's burns.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

The Sheriff indicates to Tara the two burned men Sentir and Teilaenthis saved during the fire, "I'll coordinate to have someone contact their families." Although in no danger of immediately dying, they are not going to wake up without healing assistance.

Using his education and bits of spell components, Dr. Von Herzog manages to rouse one of the men back to consciousness, "Where, what?" He questions with a groan.

While watching the doctor work, Sheriff Caeller shakes his head to Vivian's discreet inquiry, "At least a third of the adults weren't here for the meeting. Some are afraid to travel after it gets dark, others had to take care of children. Besides, you saw what happened, those lamps all seemed to explode by themselves. If anything, it was probably someone present who was responsible."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

You're right, sheriff... Besides, it's probably better not to point fingers. People are afraid enough...

She sighs
Is there anything else we could do?


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan helps the injured man back to his feet, and gives him a reassuring clasp on the shoulder. "Change the dressings on those burns twice a day, be sure to drink lots of water, and get lots of rest. I think you'll be good as new in a few days. I'll come by to check on you daily."

After the man's friends help him home, the doctor joins the Sheriff's and Vivian's conversation. In a very quiet voice, he says, "Sheriff, I doubt that any person in that room was responsible for the fire. I fear it may be the restless spirits of the dead." He stares off in the distance toward the ruins of Harrowstone. "Something has changed up there. Once our research is complete, we're planning to continue Professor Lorrimor's investigations into these strange happenings."


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

The Sheriff nods and lowers his voice, "I don't have an issue with you investigating the prison, just be careful. Please keep me informed on whatever you discover, just leave a message at the jail if you can't find me. Our hands are full at the moment with all the undead attacks and trying to track down the person responsible for the vandalism, so I won't turn down the help. You don't seem like the kind of folks to abuse the town's trust, please don't give me any reason to think otherwise."

With that, the Sheriff excuses himself to round up his deputies, while the Councilmembers go to work finding stretchers to transport the injured back to their homes.

Ok, so the balls in your court now. Sentir suggested staking out the Memorial, although you probably will want to change your clothes and clean up first after dealing with the fire. Alternatively, the group can just return to the Lorrimor home and get a good night's sleep in anticipation of another day of study. If you want to do something completely different from those choices, that's fine too.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Ok, I'm not sure if everyone is busy, but I'm assuming with the lack of activity that the majority of you just want to return to the Lorrimor home instead of doing anything else on this night.

Sentir, are you still interested in staking out the Memorial? We'll have Drace accompany you if that's the case, I'll just bot him until the player returns. Just let me know your plans.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

As they go back to Lorrimor's house, Vivian hooks arm with Doctor Von Herzog

Stefan-I can call you Stefan, I hope?-I have an healing kit in Kendra's home. I never thought it could have been useful tonight... Would you like to have it?


Male M,

I would


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Teilanthis joins Sentir in keeping vigil at the monument.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

"Yes, Ms. Delberth. You may call me Stefan. May I call you 'Vivian?'"

At her offer of a healer's kit, "Why, thank-you! I will repay you for this as soon as I am able!"


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir, Teilaenthis, and Drace split from the group to go investigate the Harrowstone Memorial. In what little light the moon provides, they see no further vandalism to the monument at this time in the early evening, although the 'VE' is still depicted at the base in dried blood.

If you're going to stake out the statue, let me know the plan. There are some nearby trees and bushes you can hide in, but I'll need stealth checks from everyone involved. I will allow you take 20 if you wish since you'll have plenty of time to set yourselves up.


Male M,

Sentir looks at the fairly peaceful surroundings then to Drace and Teil. "Let's hide and get comfortable. It may be hours if they come, maybe it only happens at dawn or some gods forsaken hour? I'll hide among these trees, in the back. Both of you are better in a fight then me..." The oracle says self-consciously.

Then he makes his way among some trees, trying to lose himself in their shadows. His burned arms crackle in the cool air, and he shivers painfully.

Stealth to hide from Memorial, Taking 20:
22


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Of course you can call me Vivian, Stefan.

The redhead smiles and winks.

Come on, you don't need to repay me. I know a few things about anatomy myself, having been trained by my mother, but I prefer to work as a midwife. I bought the healing kit before leaving the temple, and coming in Ravengro. If you need someone to check on your wounds, don't be afraid to call me... I don't think you risk pregnancy.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Looking at Sentir Teileanthis says "We should sleep in shifts so we are able to function in the morning. I see best in the dark of us, so I will take the middle watch when it is darkest."

With that he settles down to rest in a hidden area.

Take 20 stealth for a 18.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

At the Memorial, the evening passes quietly at first, as there is very little activity outdoors besides the occasional bat that flies by. Sentir, Teilaenthis, and Drace are all fairly sure they are well hidden in a copse of small trees, the occasional clanking of armor being the only real giveaway of their position.

Shortly after midnight, Teilaenthis is alerted to some movement north of your position when something snaps a series of twigs. Quickly alerting the others, all three men see an older man in his bedclothes walking towards the Memorial with a bloody war razor in one hand and a waterskin in another. Unfortunately, he also sees you.

Perception DC 15 or DC 10 in normal light:

You recognize the man as Gibs Hephenus, the ringleader of the mob that tried to prevent Professor Lorrimor from being buried in the Restlands.

Here is the map. Unless one of you activate a light source or you have Darkvision, you'll be fighting in dim light conditions (20% miss chance on attack rolls from Concealment). The gray square represents the location of the Memorial.

GM Screen:

G Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
G Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Drace Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Sentir Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Teil Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
G's Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

PC Initiative
Drace's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Sentir's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Teilaenthis' Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Initiative (Round 1)
Drace <= Up
Sentir <= Up
Teilaenthis <= Up
Man

PC's up. I'll bot Drace once everyone else goes.


Male M,

Sentir watches the figure, standing ominously in the moonlight. He is glad Teil was on guard, as he may have missed them.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7

He has no idea who the man is, but the blood razor leaves little doubt to his intentions. Since they were already seen Sentir stands up straight and focuses his mind on the distant figure.

Bending his will on the armed man, he attempts to strip away his mental defenses and see what lies within.

Sentir attempts Brain Drain on the man.

Brain Drain:
Brain Drain (Su): You can take a standard action to violently probe the mind of a single intelligent enemy within 100 feet. The target receives a Will save to negate the effect and immediately knows the source of this harmful mental prying. Those who fail this save are wracked with pain, and take 1d4 points of damage per oracle level you possess. After successfully attacking with this ability, you can use a full-round action to sort through the jumble of stolen thoughts and memories and then attempt a single Knowledge check using the victim's skill bonus. The randomly stolen thoughts remain in your mind for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. Treat the knowledge gained as if you had used detect thoughts. This is a mind-affecting effect. You can use this ability once per day at 1st level, plus 1 use per day at 5th level, and 1 use for every 5 levels beyond 5th.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir, what's the DC of the Brain Drain's Will save?


Male M,

Unless otherwise noted, the DC to save against these revelations is equal to 10 + 1/2 the oracle’s level + the oracle’s Charisma modifier.

So.*gets out calculator*...10+1+4=15.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Teileanthis readies his axe and it begins to crackle with magical energy. He steps out into the street and the wand held in his tail points at the old man and a beam of energy shots forth.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Thanks, Sentir. In general, I would appreciate it if everyone could provide the Save DC's of their spells and abilities to save me the time of having to look them up.

Sentir concentrates for a moment to force his will into the mind of the older man. As the Oracle breaks through the man's mental defenses, Sentir immediately senses there are two minds present here, one enslaved to the will of another.

Brain Drain damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Teilaenthis calls upon one of his arcane heirlooms to send a bolt of energy in the man's chest, burning him slightly.

Arming himself with his morningstar and carrying his shield, Drace moves out of the copse to move next to Teilaenthis, and gets ready to engage the enemy.

In a shockingly deep and powerful voice, the old man shouts, “You shall not prevent our escape! The woman will die again!” He then charges Teilaenthis and slices into the tiefling's shoulder with his war razor. Teil takes 4 damage.

GM Screen:

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
War Razor: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Initiative (Round 2)
Drace <= Up
Sentir <= Up
Teilaenthis [5 Dmg]<= Up
Man

Everyone up, I don't believe Teil healed the fire damage taken from the Town Hall fire, so I correctly updated his damage.


Male M,

Sentir's mind reels as he sense a battle in the mind of this man, his will slaved to another. Combined with the man's words, he guesses out loud. "Watch out, he is possessed. Try to take him alive! He may have answer, and he may be innocent.".

With that warning, and safe behind the two weapon wielding men, Sentir casts another spell at the attacker. The oracle focuses on fire...and pain. He casts Burning Disarm on the war razor.

Burning Disarm:
This spell causes a metal object to instantly become red hot. A creature holding the item may attempt a Reflex save (SENTIR'S SAVE IS 15) to drop it and take no damage (even if it is not their turn), otherwise the hot metal deals 1d4 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 5d4). Circumstances that prevent the creature from dropping the item (such as a locked gauntlet) mean the creature gets no saving throw. The heat does not harm the item, and it does not get hot enough or last long enough to ignite flammable objects. The item cools to its previous temperature almost instantly. If cast underwater, burning disarm deals half damage and boils the surrounding water.

Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

No sentir, this one has drawn my blood. He is not one whose lives I must save. Teilaenthis swings his axe at the man.

Axe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

If the man atacks Drace, Teil will use saving shield for a +2 to Drace's AC.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

After Sentir casts his spell, the man's war razor instantly turns red hot. Not fast enough to drop it, the old man's hand blackens a little before the razor returns to normal temperature.

Teilaenthis has no trouble chopping into the unarmored man with his axe despite a less than accurate swing.

Taking Sentir's advice to heart, Drace refrains from going all out to kill the man, but still deals potentially lethal damage as his morningstar strikes.

Drace attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Looking seriously hurt, the old man nevertheless continues to hack away at Teilaenthis with his war razor. Luckily this time the Occultist's wooden armor blocks the slice.

GM Screen:

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
War Razor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Initiative (Round 3)
Drace <= Up
Sentir <= Up
Teilaenthis [5 Dmg]<= Up
Man

PC's go!


Male M,

Sentir moves up closer, happy to leave Drace and Teil to finish the old man off, hopefully leaving him alive. The oracle hangs back, hoping to cast healing magic if needed.

Moved a bit closer

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"Enough of this!" Drace yelled at the man as he swung his Morningstar with care to disable the man. "Stop resisting!"

Morningstar Attack - Non Lethal: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Morningstar Damage - Non Lethal: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Crit Confirm!
Morningstar Attack Crit Confirm - Non Lethal: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Morningstar Critical Damage - Non Lethal: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Drace takes the -4 for a non-lethal attack!


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Assuming Drace didn't drop the creature...

The teifling doesn't let up his attack, but swing his axe again.

Axe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Drace does a solid soft hit on the man, but that doesn't quite knock him out. A follow up by Teilaenthis's axe, however, causes him to collapse into unconsciousness. Due to the non-lethal hit, he does not appear to be dying, merely passed out.

On his body you find the war razor he was wielding, along with a stained waterskin full of blood.

Let me know what you all are going to do now.

* * *
Meanwhile, at the Lorrimor estate....

Kendra appears out of sorts when only three of the group return, and smelling of smoke. Although she does calm down once the situation has been explained, "My apologies for not attending the meeting, I should not allow my grief to get the better of me. In any event, Father was very wise to have requested you all to stay after his passing. Ravengro would be crumbling right now if it did not have you brave souls to protect it!"


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan looks a tad embarrassed at Kendra's compliments. "We're only doing what any decent folk would do. I'm certainly happy to help out where I can. But how are you doing, Miss Lorri... um... Kendra? You had quite a shock. I can assure you that we will be doing whatever we can to put an end to these dark times."


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

At the Lorrimor house..

Kendra replies, "It has been quite difficult Doctor, I will admit. Despite it all, I know that my Father would not want me to give into despair, life must continue no matter our pain. I'm afraid I do not know your individual stories, so much has happened in the previous week that we've really not had much time to talk, but I'm certain that each of you can understand what I mean. I need to focus my attention on helping you save this town from whatever threat is looming, so I will have to find time to grieve in the small quiet moments. Perhaps I am using this crisis as a crutch to avoid facing my melancholy, but fate has conspired not to grant me the luxury of surrendering to my emotions."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian was about to say something, but keep silent

Maybe it would be better if Kendra can use Stefan as a "crutch". Let them talk and know each other.

You know that if you want to speak, or need some confort, you can call on any on us. We're your friends, and I'm sure Stefan would give you his shoulder if you need a place to cry on. But for now, I'm sorry, Kendra, I got to wash all these ashes.. I feel and smell like a slice of smoked pig.

Vivian walks quickly inside


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

"You've been very helpful to me through this trying time, Vivian. I don't believe I could have been brave enough to weather it without your emotional support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart." Kendra says earnestly before Vivian makes her way inside.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"Good. Finally out." Drace breathed a sigh of relief. "He certainly fought like he was possessed! Literally!"

Drace rearranges his gear to make ready to carry the man. "We should take him to the temple. Perhaps they can exorcise whatever being is inside him. If nothing else - perhaps heal his wounds."

Drace is more than happy to carry the man to the temple and get him looked after.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

"Take him to the Lorromor house... we should make the decision of what to do next as a group."

Teileanthis gathers the razor and blood...


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir, it looks like you're the tie breaker.


Male M,

Sentir pauses and looks at Drace and Teil. It is a hard choice, and who was he to put put in charge? He had never wanted to rule anyone....

Sputtering, "I say we take to the...temple. For his wounds." He speaks firmly but not very authoritatively and he looks at Teil plaintively.

I think the Temple is a better approach. In a live game I'd say the group but a spilt party isn't as big a deal in PBp

501 to 550 of 4,205 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.