GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


7,751 to 7,800 of 7,874 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>

HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

"So... how we enter the pyramid my friends? There are three stairs ending on apparently blocked entrances..." Kosei starts to become a cloud "We are still under the effect of the wind walk, perhaps we can fly around and have a closer look, if the sandstorm allows us"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Tef-Naju smiles warmly at the requests, ”Quite a challenge some of these, but I shall do what I am able and will seek you out in Wati. Until then my friends.” He bows low again but this time does not stop as he sinks back into the ground. He risks one look over his shoulder at the pyramid a few hundred yards away before departing into the stone and sand.

The windstorm has settled somewhat with the Slave Trenches powering down. You are able to fly, though with some difficulty at the higher elevations. The wind does whip around a bit at the pyramid’s heights, but you should be OK, weather wise, if you chose that approach.


HP: 75/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Let's definitely see if we can get a look from the air," Florence agrees. "Once we actually find a way to get in, then we can decide what to do next. I should be okay to press forward now if we want, but I know that was an exhausting battle we just had, too."


Zilchus looks up and begins to ascend on air closer.

”Well, I think we should look and find the entrance. I mean, I don’t think this thing is going anyplace right? As long as we keep the key safe? And Nidhi wouldn’t lose that,” Zilchus comments.

”You guys coming up too?” Zilchus asks, not sure how they would get up if they wanted to.

He will try to circumnavigate the pyramid, examining all 4 sides, then the bottom.

1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 25 + 2 = 31 Perception side
1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 25 + 2 = 46 Perception side
1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 25 + 2 = 38 Perception side
1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 25 + 2 = 31 Perception side
1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 25 + 2 = 29 Perception bottom


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

From a distance the pyramid appears majestic and serene, save for the occasional arcs of electricity that dance from one iron rod to another. Resting on sandy dunes for the first time in six long millennia, the enormous structure is an achievement of ancient genius and labor, a monument to the reign of Hakotep I.

As you approach the structure, a chorus of horns erupts from the top of the pyramid, echoing across the still desert. A solitary figure suddenly appears atop the capstone and descends the sheer side of the pyramid - unhurried, graceful, and seemingly unaffected by the arcs of electricity from the Shory rods. The figure is a petite woman; she’s clad in a brilliant white tunic, and wears an ancient ceremonial wig on her head and an exquisite golden pectoral collar around her neck. Her eyes are made up with kohl, and a knowing smile plays on her painted turquoise lips (image).

The woman stops halfway down the pyramid. In a fluid motion, she stretches out her arms and, looking to the sky, speaks loudly in a clear, mellifluous voice.

“These are the words of Hakotep the First, Lord of the Sands, Scourge of the Shory, Most Beloved Son of Set, Glorious and Eternal Sky Pharaoh of Osirion! Let all who would grow wise fall silent and listen!”

After a brief pause during which time the blaring of the trumpets ceases, she continues.

“Rejoice, faithful of Osirion! Your god and pharaoh has returned to rule over His lands and His people with strength and wisdom, to return the kingdom to the glory lost by His unworthy successors!” She turns and looks at the party, speaking less to the ‘crowd’ and more to the group, ”Is it you who called down the pyramid? Why did you impede the Sky Pharaoh in his divine undertaking? What do you have to offer a living god?”

She is now standing on the lowest most platform, still 100’ up and looking at you quizzically.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus seems amused (and somewhat aroused) by the woman speaker and her bravado. As there is but one true ruler of Osirion, and that is the Ruby Prince, Zilchus takes particular offense to the woman’s words.

He takes in his own breath to answer her.

”As you are not the Ruby Prince, dynasty by his name, and since *he* has not been hiding in musty invisible stone tomb for eons, he is the rightful ruler here and now and probably forever,” Zilchus begins. ”Tell your Hackystep Pharaoh to get his cowardly ass out here so that I am personally give him the regards of the Ruby Prince.”

Zilchus looks back at the party, then back to the woman. The audacity of the woman, her trumpets, and her showmanship was really irritating him.

”As for offerings, I would like to offer the opportunity for Hackystep to come out and kneel before the Ruby Prince, apologizing for blighting his skies with this atrocity of a pyramid. He can also apologize for his doglike followers (no offense to you, ma’am) and their attacks on the peaceful citizens of Osirion. And I’m sure the Ruby Prince will be merciful to the beggant Hackystep and perhaps allow him to empty chamber pots in his service.”

”If that offering is not good enough for your Sky Parrot, please do tell him that I’ll be coming in to kick his dusty ass back to the Earthfall with a smile upon my face. Tell him that no one usurps the Ruby Prince. Tell him he is not worthy to call himself the Sky Parrot any longer. Tell him, oh tell him, that your wig and kohl are as unsightly as a gnoll’s backside.”


4 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

As the woman appears Kosei descends to the ground and begins his transformation from cloud to person. The Garundi maintains a short distance from Zilchus as he speaks and waits for the initial speeches to end.

"We don't mean to offend you beautiful and fine... hmmm..." Kosei waits a second for a name but otherwise resumes "Herald of Hakotep? What our Commander means here is when Hakotep left us he lose his rights to rule over us as the inheritance line was broken. If the Hakotep and his minions do not stop harassing our tribes, we will be forced to fight him back"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/14
Turquoise wrote:
"Let all who would grow wise fall silent and listen!"

"Oh, just shoot her already, Nidhi."

Zilchus wrote:
" [ ... Ruby Prince and Beloved Chamber Pots ...] Zilchus looks back at the party.

"Really? We're engaging in parley? Why so loudly? On second thought, maybe you should shoot Zilchus."

Kosei wrote:
"We don't mean to offend you beautiful and fine..."

Stelle shoots the Garundi a look of disbelief, then glances suggestively at Nidhi.

Yes, yes! We DO mean to offend! She urges Anubis forward.

"Oh, I think the time for negotiation with this Sky Clown is over, don't you?" She turns to the Herald. "What we have to offer a living god is freedom from his pyramidic-prison-bound-duty to harrass innocent and hard working desert dwellers," she says, leveling her lance and approaching closer, looking for a ground entrance level.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

This isn't the pharaoh either? The bard tilts her head as the petite woman speaks. She rolls her eyes at Zilchus' speech, nods at Kosei's smooth words but questions his preference in women's physiques, and smiles in amusement at Stelle's.

GM Euan as mysterious woman wrote:
"Is it you who called down the pyramid? Why did you impede the Sky Pharaoh in his divine undertaking? What do you have to offer a living god?”

In what she hopes is the voice of an authoritarian dictator, Nidhi calls out: "How about your corpse." It wasn't a question. It was an amused decree.

Bluff (cognizant part of soul): 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33

Perform (strong voice from singing a lot): 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (6) + 28 = 34

Nidhi steps to the front of the group, but stays within ten feet of Stelle. "You seem to have been absent during the reconstruction of the Sky Pharaoh's soul until now. How convenient. Come down here worthless coward and lick my boots. Or are you too stupid to recognize the Shy Pharaoh's mask? If that's the case, I have no use for you." Done speaking, Nidhi lifts up her Swarmbow and aims a full-round of Adamantine arrows towards the petite woman. She also activates the swarm ability on the bow.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Damage (Adamantine): 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 1) + 14 = 19

To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Damage (Adamantine): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

To hit (1terative1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage (Adamantine): 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 = 17

To hit (1terative2): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage (Adamantine): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


4 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47
Flashy Woman wrote:
"Is it you who called down the pyramid?"

"YEP, THAT'D BE US," Florence calls back with a cheery wave.

Flashy Woman wrote:
"Why did you impede the Sky Pharaoh in his divine undertaking?"

"OH, I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE BECAUSE THINGS ARE ALREADY FINE THE WAY THEY ARE WITHOUT, UM, ALL THE DEATH AND ENSLAVEMENT AND ALL."

Flashy Woman wrote:
"What do you have to offer a living god?"

On this, Florence thinks for a moment and then shrugs. Perhaps she's spent too much time around Zilchus because she casually lifts both hands in a one-fingered salute.

"HOW ABOUT THESE ENDANGERED BIRDS? ONLY TWO LEFT!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(Great posts! Well done!)

She seems surprised that you have not already bowed down before her, and her Master, and brushes off the various insults as beneath her. Even the birds.

”You may know me as Ain-Mekh, Herald of Hakotep.” she replies. ”The Ruby Prince has done his job well… at least as well as can be expected for a mortal. But now is the time of all Osiria! Now is the time for the world to tremble at her power, and bow before our armies as they did in days of yore! The pretender must step down and the Sky Pharaoh will mount His lawful throne, reclaiming His birthright.”

”The Ruby Prince knows his place.” she adds with certainty, confident that Khemet III, the Ruby Prince, will abdicate for the greater ruler.

“If you wish to meet He who wields the Crook and Flail of Kings, you must demonstrate your worthiness by traversing the Fourfold Path - Walk on the Wind, Breathe in the Water, Swim through the Soil, and Dance in the Fire. Only those sorely tested may come into the divine presence of the Most Beloved Son of Set.”

Nidhi wrote:
"How about your corpse.”

Nidhi fires a shot at her (just one shot as it’s a surprise round of sorts) which lands at her feet. She doesn’t flinch.

She does bid you farewell however, with a sweet pearly smile, ”Perhaps, mortals, we shall meet again.” Her form wavers a moment, and vanishes! The swarm lingers seeking something to swarm over. Part of it drifts off the platform onto the smooth sides of the pyramid itself, and is electrocuted by arcing power from the shory rods.

Knowledge Arcana DC 27:
She was a Projected Image, an illusion that could cast spells.
- - -

Examining the pyramid casually, and still at some distance (100’ or more), will reveal four massive stone blocks, doors really, one on each face of the pyramid. Stelle finds one at ground level and Kosei & Zilchus can confirm one at 100’, one at 180’ and one at 280’ above the sands from their flight. Each is on a different facing. There are staircases which lead to small platforms before each of the risen passages.


HP: 75/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Kn. Arcana (DC 27): 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25

"Hey! No fair, whatever that was," Florence grumbles as Ain-Mekh simply vanishes from sight. She throws up her hands, clearly put out by this newest development.

"More tests! I'm sick of tests! If Hakotep is supposed to be so powerful you'd think he'd just dispense with the formalities and get down to business!"

But Florence knows that complaining won't get them anywhere and she sighs.

"But it seems like we don't have a choice so we might as well get to it."

Once Stelle, Kosei, and Zilchus manage to scope out the pyramid and pinpoint the four different doors, Florence thinks for a moment.

"Well...it'd probably make the most sense to either start at the very top or the very bottom and work our way in the opposite direction from there. We could start with the lowest since it's the easiest to reach."


Zilchus spins, looking first at Florence, then at Nidhi.

”Flo is right. No more stupid tests. How do we just destroy this damn pyramid? I thought it might be nice to take it for a flight, but if we have to do more stupid tests, then ugh...that’s just silly. Maybe we should just camp outside and wait for the Sky Parrot to come out and ‘claim his throne’,” Zilchus air quotes ‘claim his throne’, a sneer on his face. ”Though the only throne he’s going to claim is the porcelain one in the backhouse of my uncle’s shop.”

”As long as we control the Key, we can summon this pyramid back to us, yes? And we might as well begin to demolish it. Maybe summon some elementals and such to help? I’ll get a maul or a heavy pick and go at those stone foundations? How long will it take? 2, 300 years?” Zilchus wonders if slowly if this plan may not be so great. But maybe it is.

”What do you guys think? We set up a siege until the Sky Parrot wants to come out. In the meantime, we take apart his pyramid rock by rock.”


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

For the first time you can see Kosei to lose his stoic rictus and openly laugh as Florence shows birds to the Herald.

He listens carefully and answers back to Zilchus with a calm tone "Well... well... so the Pharaoh wants to play... this is a game for him... then let's outplay him, shouldn't we friends? Where will it be the fun if we destroy now the pyramid without discovering what does it hides for us?" the Garundi smiles as if destroying the pyramid just now would be something really possible, and he starts walking towards the bottom doors as suggested by Florence "How will this story be worth telling if we cannot end controlling this fabulous structure and end flying it with Zichus commanding it at the top of it?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party takes a closer look at the stonework by walking up to the entrance at ground level on the south side of the pyramid (just giving you some more information, not suggesting a course of action).

You may be dismayed at the find. The stone is magically hardened (hardness 8, hp 1,800 per 10’ block) so attacking it seems futile, or at least a very long term project. If the magics could be removed, it would of course be much easier, but you’re not sure the best way to do that. Maybe anti-magic shell or the like would help. Powerful magics could also be used, like disintegrate, and likely others to destroy a block. Given the size of the pyramid though, there are hundreds of such blocks comprising its structure. Maybe thousands.

At the base of the great pyramid’s south face is a dark stone block the size of a large doorway. Carved into its surface at eye level are hieroglyphs surrounding an irregular, blob-shaped design in putrid green. Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs read, “Slake the thirst of the one honored by this Water Crypt.”

Knowledge Planes or Religion DC 20:
The asymmetrical green blob is the symbol of a legendary piscodaemon named Aluash Imnah. Please make another Knowledge Planes or Religion DC 20 check. If you succeed in this second check, you may read the spoiler below.

Spoiler:
’slaking the thirst’ of the daemon requires bathing the carved symbol with either blood or unholy water. Doing so should ‘open’ the door.
- - -

- - -


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

K. planes: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
K. planes: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
"The asymmetrical green blob is the symbol of a legendary piscodaemon named Aluash Imnah" Kosei passes his hand focusing on detect magic and he seems to read the symbol with some ease "’slaking the thirst’ of the daemon requires bathing the carved symbol with either blood or unholy water. Doing so should ‘open’ the door. "

"I do not have unholy water at hand..." the man looks for volunteers to off their blood "If this is the Water Crypt, perhaps it would be wise if we stop a quarter hour so I can ask the sands and skies of Osirion to provide with a water breathing spell"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

"Huh." Nidhi can't quite make sense of what just happened, but it was a disappointment.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"More tests! I'm sick of tests! If Hakotep is supposed to be so powerful you'd think he'd just dispense with the formalities and get down to business!"

"Or delaying because he has to prepare his armies or something."

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"I thought it might be nice to take it for a flight, but if we have to do more stupid tests, then ugh...that’s just silly."

In the background, Nidhi chimes in "yeah, pyramid test flight," nodding adamantly at her dislike of tests (in all their forms) when Florence and Zilchus mentions them.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad wrote:
"’slaking the thirst’ of the daemon requires bathing the carved symbol with either blood or unholy water. Doing so should ‘open’ the door. "

"How much blood do you think...?" Nidhi doesn't seem opposed to the idea.

"A water breathing spell sounds like it could come in handy. I do, in fact, breathe air." Nidhi lays on her side, propping herself up with one elbow, as the carpet lazily floats a few feet above ground.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14
Nidhi wrote:
"Or delaying because he has to prepare his armies or something."

"Huh," Stelle giggles, considering. "This living god didn't see this coming?! How powerful can he be? Nah -- we've got this!"

Kosei wrote:

"’slaking the thirst’ of the daemon requires bathing the carved symbol with either blood or unholy water. Doing so should ‘open’ the door. "

Nidhi wrote:
"How much blood do you think...?" Nidhi doesn't seem opposed to the idea.

Stelle nods in agreement. "It doesn't specify whose blood now, does it?" She looks at Nidhi. "Are there enough lizards nearby, do you think?"

Kosei wrote:
"If this is the Water Crypt, perhaps it would be wise if we stop a quarter hour so I can ask the sands and skies of Osirion to provide with a water breathing spell"

Stelle nods. "I'm sure we'll need that at some point. Let's see what the other door's riddles are, then rest if necessary and prepare for our next move."

Stelle starts climbing to the next doorway up if everyone agrees with that suggestion.


Zilchus kicks at one of the stones as is measuring it.

”Preparing his armies?” Zilchus looks at Nidhi. ”Are you serious? Where?” Zilchus looks around. ”Where do you think he’s preparing his armies? Where is he getting the soldiers? The food? The weapons? It’s a giant pyramid, nothing more. And it’s tied and bound to us as long as we have the key and know how to work this damned skeleton city.” Zilchus waves his arm around to show all the army mustering, which is none.

”Yeah, I’m happy to rest in the shadow of this thing, not just because I want everyone to prepared for the sandblasted tests, but so I can wait and watch for the Sky Parrot to try to sneak out and try mustering some armies. He guy has been dead for 3000 years or whatever, he probably has to pee really bad.”

Zilchus will wait, annoyed by the test taking and still very interested in getting some adamantine picks and going to town, breaking apart this pyramid stone by stone.


HP: 75/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"I don't think there's much else around here that'll bleed besides us," Florence points out, nose wrinkled with distaste. "Unholy water or blood? Sounds like necromancy at its finest, but I'm not surprised. Stelle's got a good idea, let's go see if we can figure out what the other three doors are going to require as a toll and then we can go from there."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party moves to each entrance in turn and checks the stone blocks sealing each one. I’ve reposted water so you have a handy one post reference.

Water (ground level, south)
Carved into its surface at eye level are hieroglyphs surrounding an irregular, blob-shaped design in putrid green. Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs read, “Slake the thirst of the one honored by this Water Crypt.” The asymmetrical green blob is the symbol of a legendary piscodaemon named Aluash Imnah. ’Slaking the third’ of the daemon requires bathing the carved symbol with either blood or unholy water. Doing so should ‘open’ the door.

Earth (100’ up, west)
Fanciful, etched designs surround a large symbol of a golden scarab beetle at the center of a dark brown block of stone. Hieroglyphs are carved beneath it. The rich smell of freshly tilled soil is powerful here. The Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs on the blocks read, “Speak the name of the one to whom this Crypt of Earth is dedicated in the manner that would be most pleasing.”

Knowledge Planes or Religion DC 20:
You identify the scarab and etchings as the symbol of a sepid div named Kaahbek, a prominent figure in ancient Osirian myth, also called by the title “Sedeb Ianew” (“Eater of Woe”). Mindless repetition of rituals was often a part of placating the div. Speaking the div’s name at least three times causes the stone block to slowly begin dissolving into sand. As long as the name “Kaahbek” is repeated at least 10 times per minute, the stone block continues to crumble, taking 5 minutes to entirely dissolve.
- - -

Fire (180’ up, north)
The deep red stone of this block is carved with intricate geometric designs and hieroglyphs that surround a red metallic symbol of a flaming lash set in its surface. The stone block is warm to the touch, and the Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs read, “Give tribute to the one to whom this Crypt of Flame is dedicated.”

Knowledge Planes or Religion DC 20:
The flaming lash symbol belongs to a legendary balor from ancient Osirian myth called Okaror Sendef. The “tribute” mentioned in the hieroglyphs refers to the sacrifice of an intelligent humanoid, which you would presumably do as you opened the door by pressing the metal symbol in the block.
- - -

Air (280’ up, east)
The stone staircase leads to a platform jutting from high atop the pyramid’s eastern face. A large, dark block of stone polished to a mirror-like finish blocks entry into the pyramid’s interior. A few dozen golden tiles inlaid in the block of stone surround a symbol of an arrow piercing a cloud, painted in a blue metallic hue. A single hieroglyph is carved into each tile, and a line of smaller hieroglyphs is engraved above the tiles. Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs above the tiles read, ”Speak the name of the one to whom this Crypt of Air is dedicated”

Knowledge Planes or Religion DC 20:
The strange blue symbol is that of an erinyes devil from ancient Osirian myth named Hastepperut. Some of the hieroglyphs on the inlaid golden tiles can be used to spell Hastepperut’s name. Pressing those tiles causes the stone block to sink into the floor of the platform, exposing the corridor beyond.
- - -


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

K. planes: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
"This first one is the symbol of a sepid div named Kaahbek, a prominent figure in ancient Osirian myth, also called by the title “Sedeb Ianew” or “Eater of Woe”" Kosei rubs his noise as he examines the symbol "It will take at least 10 minutes repeating his name to open the way to the Crypt of Earth. This one is a repetitive guy. Not the one to share a campfire of tales night with"

K. planes: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
"Aha! This one is sure the legendary balor from ancient Osirian myth called Okaror Sendef!" the tone of the Garundi is that one of disgust "Why someone would like an intelligent humanoid sacrifice to make the door open? Anyone, such person shall just push the door open to complete the ritual..."

K. planes: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Kosei remains silent at the Crypt of Air, not wanting to show his ignorance in this last case.

"Attending the disgust of all the other rituals, I am particularly prone to begin with the boring guy of the Earth Crypt"


HP: 75/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Kn. Planes (Air Crypt): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

"Hmm...the blue symbol here is that of an erinyes devil from ancient Osirian myth named Hastepperut," Florence explains. "And it looks like some of the hieroglyphs on the tiles can be used to spell Hastepperut’s name. I think if we do that, the door will open."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

So, how do you chose to enter the pyramid? Blood? Tedium? Sacrifice? Speech? Or pick and shovel?

Or is there some other avenue you would pursue? The soft buzzing of electricity along its surface speaks of the power of the pyramid sealed tightly before you.


Zilchus listens to what the smart people have to say, eventually moving over to agree with Kosei.

"I think Kosei has the right of it to start. We can circle back to air, Flo, but I dunno, just seems like earth is where this all starts, so we should start there," Zilchus mutters, still annoyed at more tests. As if the fact that they lassoed a magic flying pyramid wasn't good enough.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"I agree. Remember the bottom 70 feet of this pyramid is underground, and I bet that's where Hakotep is hiding -- at the very bottom!"


HP: 75/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence shrugs. "That's fine, it was just a suggestion. We'll start with the Earth Crypt then."


3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

Kosei nods, recognizing the party has agreed into a way to proceed. A while back, once they reach the Earth Crypt entrance and everyone has had some time to prepare, he starts saying the name... "Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek, Kaahbek..."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As Kosei chants the name of a powerful sepid div, the ancient stone block continues to crumble. The sand cascades down onto the platform, stairs, and angled face of the pyramid until the entrance to the chamber beyond is clear.

A large painting of a scarab covers most of the floor of this chamber, and hieroglyphs are carved in the walls. A dark stone block is embedded in the east wall of the chamber, with etchings and carved hieroglyphs surrounding a scarab symbol inscribed on its face. A casual glance at the hieroglyphs on the stone block in the east wall suggests they duplicate the phrase inscribed on the stone block you just dissolved.

Linguistics DC 15 OR Perception DC 30:
A closer look, or some understanding of language, reveals things differently. The hieroglyph for “name” is slightly different in this inscription, and is more properly translated as “title”.
- - -

Kosei:
Kosei knows (from the earlier roll) that Kaahbek’s title is “Sedeb Ianew” if it becomes relevant for any reason.
- - -

(New map is up!)


1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 25 + 2 = 45 Perception

Zilchus, if it looks safe and after relating what he has spied, moves into the room. He’s still air walking and 5’ up.

1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 25 + 2 = 33 Perception

”I wonder what we will find in here?” Zilchus comments, thinking that they should have gone to the wind door first now after more reflection.


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

Linguistics DC 15: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Kosei moves in and agrees with Zilchus observations "This hierogriphic has a small different aspect here... well... given Kaahbek's love for repetition... I would not wonder if this is solved by very much the same repetition act my friends... and because his tittle was the 'Eater of Woe'"

The Garundi approaches the stone and checks it for traps.
Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38

Then, provided nothing nasty is found, he just makes the same as before "Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew, Sedeb Ianew..."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus searches the chamber carefully, but finds nothing of further interest.

Kosei, finding no traps, intones the div’s title as he did prior the div’s name. This stone, as the last, dissolves slowly until only a substantial pile of sand remains.

Unfortunately nothing is revealed by the destroyed stone block. There is no passage or door beyond.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 6/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Um...do you think maybe you have to say the whole thing?" Florence suggests as she joins Zilchus and Kosei inside the entrance and begins to scan around for any magical auras.

"Sedeb Ianew Kaahbek? Or maybe Kaahbek Sedeb Ianew?"

If she finds no magical auras, Florence begins to try her suggestions - starting with the first one.
______________

(I love you Kosei but I'm not copy-pasting that over and over :P)


Oops. Reading is hard.

Zilchus waits patiently. He's confused.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence tones at the rocks which make up the chamber, but none dissolve as the prior two did.

The party stands around, admiring the carving on the floor and trying to decide what to do next.

(To be clear, the two stone blocks which seemed in your way have both dissolved under the parties well informed actions. It just doesn't seem to have led anywhere at the moment. Let me know what questions you have.)


”Uh, let’s go to the air one. This one is confusing,” Zilchus wonders if that might be better. ”These tests are stupid.”


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

"Don't get impatient my dear Commander. This is supposed to be the Earth Crypt" Kosei casts detect magic and tries to scan the walls, ground and ceiling in search of revealing auras "Something shall be amiss about the stones in here..."
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

The Garundi also strikes the walls and tiles around, trying to find out illusions or thin walls that might be traversed with stone shape.
Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29
He makes special efforts on the area of stone left behind the dismissed earth barrier.
Perception (take 20): 20 + 21 = 41

Illusion save?:

Will: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei pokes around and finds nothing... at first.

However, when he brushes aside the sand (digs mostly) from the stone block, and thoroughly searches he finds a secret door in the floor under where the stone block had been!

The tunnel descends just ten feet or so into the pyramid before turning east and continuing into the darkness beyond.

Presuming you eventually follow it, you find it traverses some 60’ before there’s a passage leading upward into a red-tinted room, though the tunnel also continues on to the east in the darkness.

Do you ascend or continue on?


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

Kosei points at the trapdoor as it is found "The stone of the pyramid is from Osirion itself, and Osirion stone is at our side, us much as the wind and the stars it is. That I said to you my friends! We are guided by the real spirits of our lands! They want us to beat Hakotep's game"

The Garundi refreshes the light cantrip on his shield "I think we should keep on down (EDIT: through the trapdoor, then keep going and ascend when needed), but if you wish to try our chances on the maybe sacred, maybe unholy halls of the Air Crypt, I will follow my friends"


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus sighs, knowing he is being petulant, as Kosei easily finds the secret door that he could have spotted had he not been so insistent on giving up.

”Ugh, fine. We’ll do this stupid test,” Zilchus bows before the reasoned rightness of Kosei’s approach. He steps forward with his falchion, wrist cord attached. ”Good job, Kosei.”

Not sure what you mean by ‘keep on down’ in this context, Kosei, because matched with the description that GM Evilan is offering, it can be taken a few ways.

”We should keep on down, but I would like to ascend here and check things out, if you don’t mind,” Zilchus says after the first intersection after the 60’. ”We shall explore this red-tinted room, shall we?”

When others are ready, Zilchus will lead on. He keeps his eyes open for trouble.

1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 25 + 2 = 42 Perception


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi floats behind, no longer lounging but sitting at attention with her now out.

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party climbs through the narrow tunnel and out into a large room. The floor of this wide, square chamber is covered with tightly packed, poorly executed hieroglyphs that stretch from wall to wall. Four exits lead out of the chamber, two to the north and two to the south, though a shiny red barrier blocks each. An unpleasant, sickly-sour odor floats in the air.

The hieroglyphs are enormously confusing, and will take at least a half hour to try and sort out because of their cramped scrawl. If you spend the time, Knowledge Arcana checks please. They are in Ancient Osiriani.

Examining the red, gelatin-like substance is quicker. Touching it burns the skin (acid) and anything else it comes into contact with.

(A DC 21 Reflex save prevents damage to clothing and armor. A metal or wooden weapon that strikes the substance takes 2d6 acid damage unless the weapon’s wielder succeeds on a DC 21 Reflex save. If you remain in contact with a wooden or metal object for 1 full round, it inflicts 21 points of acid damage (no save) to the object. It does less to people within it - just 2d6 per round.)


Zilchus is about ready to cast Resist Energy (Acid), but waits to see what Florence and Stelle have to say and do about the room.

He will help read and translate Ancient Osiriani if anyone needs it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Ugh!" Stelle says -- the crinkle in her eyes behind her mask betraying her disgust. She covers her nose and points to the red, gelatin-like substance.

"We're not really going to go that way, are we? Smells like something -- somethings have died!"

She looks upon the hieroglyphs and shakes her head. "They're in Ancient Osiriani, but they're oddly too small to make much sense of at a glance."

Know Arcana (Aid): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Nope! There's no way to decrypt these! Haha! Ahahahah!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi lets out an agonized cry upon seeing the cramped scrawl. "Nooooo! I thought we were past the whole research thing... You think there's a library here too?" She looks unhappily towards her companions, but her mask covers her facial expression.

Nidhi will cast Comprehend Languages.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi determines, after a slightly wrong start suggested by Stelle, that the writing is an incredibly complex alchemical formula, along with the frequently repeated text, “I, Khenpathes, created this alchemical wonder,” along with “Like to like makes the passage.”

Apparently this Khenpathes was brilliant, but crazy. It would take days of studying the formula, maybe even longer, before you’d benefit from the author’s jumbled notes and equations.

There is also the tunnel leading out to the east, deeper into the complex.


Zilchus paces back and forth in the air.

”Should we move on an come back to this, Nidhi? What’s going on? If it’s going to take a while, I’ll do one thing, if not, then I’ll do something else,” Zilchus grumbles, still hating this test.

Pretty sure that we’re going to move on and come back, maybe, and go east. If so...

ZIlhcus casts Resist Energy (acid) as he moves to the east, deeper into the complex when others are ready.

He keeps an eye out for trouble and traps.

1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 25 + 2 = 30 Perception


HP 153/153 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 6/7 L4: 3/6 L5: 6/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min, life bubble 4h

Kosei inspects the walls and ground while Nidhi studies the inscriptions. He also examines the red substance, trying to determine if it is magical or chemical with detect magic.
Perception (take 20): 20 + 21 = 41

K. nobility: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
He likely attempts to remember anything about Khenpathes.

Not as impulsive as Zilchus, but enough curious and sure-minded, Kosei follows the man to the East.
It is not clear to me in the map how. It is that through the tunnel bellow A? I probably missed something again, sorry.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(Yeah, I mentioned the tunnel because it's not actually on the map, so it's extra confusing. There's a tunnel from the first chamber, under this one, to the next one.)

Kosei inspects the chamber and finds little in the way of magic. Somehow, perhaps by some sort of planar portal not visible from here, this Khenpathes has created a jello-like wall of acid. Kosei does not believe it can be dispelled in any magical sense (dispel magic, anti magic shell, etc. likely won't work though counter spells of some sort might).


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

AidKnowNobleKhenpathes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 +4 to Kosei's roll.

"Why don't we return to the corridor and continue heading down?" Stelle suggests.

Is that the east that is meant?

Percecption: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (15) + 25 = 40

"Over here, Zilch..."

7,751 to 7,800 of 7,874 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.