GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


7,001 to 7,050 of 7,646 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>

HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"Not sure if it will return. Perhaps we should move on and do our things" Kosei observes attentively around trying to locate the spirit to shot at it.
Ray of fire+IC (touch): 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 3 = 21
Fire damage+IC: 1d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15


Round 4, Init 19

"If you want to go in there, I'll follow after it goes away...but as supreme commander, I'd say we should wait for it to reset, then go get it," Zilchus readies again (with 5' step and lunge as needed), to strike again.

1d20 + 18 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 2 + 3 = 41 to hit; (+hero, +bard)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 31 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

"Stelle, you should aid the others, it knows it can't hurt me."

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-6-14 (2 con damage)/106
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 1/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 4:

Nidhi continues to sing as a free action, inspiring her party. She mentally sifts through her knowledge of spells and comes to the conclusion her skills are mostly charisma-based, therefore she won't be of much use in this fight.

Still, Nidhi does what she can and casts Good Hope. "Can anyone stop it from going inside the walls?!" Nidhi lifts up her longbow, although she's not sure where to aim.

Nidhi Spell Tally:

34 Bardic Performances: 11/34
7 1st-level: Remove Fear
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope, Good Hope
4 4th-level: Cure Critical Wounds, Greater Invisibility
2 5th-level:

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle aids Zilchus’ next attack. Nidhi provides another boon to the group. Florence is quite surprised as ‘Inky’ appears right next to her! The lightning arches into his form and even incorporeal - it shudders. Kosei misses with his ray (even with Nidhi’s extra boost), he’s sure due to cover as the fire warms part of the wall near Inkusehkset. Zilchus isn’t able to 5’ step and reach the geist, so his ready does not trigger and he waits out the round.

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 vs DC 19 for half of 37 (lightning)

Inkusehkset appears again, this time next to Florence! He’s fried by a little lighting, even as he attacks Flo.
Bite (touch attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 Negative Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 1d4 ⇒ 2

Even though it’s a hit (I think), the Death Ward spell protects her. Inkusehkset wails at the injustice, ”Are you all protected?! Unfair! It is unfair I say!”

He disappears back into the wall once more dejected and angry.

If you enter the green light from the haunt, please make a Will DC 17, as if resisting a glitterdust spell. If you succeed, well and good. If you fail however, not only are you blinded, but you must make a further Will DC 17 or you are compelled to eat the lichen on the walls. Those who eat the lichen, also claw at their eyes due to the burning (1d8 damage and 1 in 20 chance of permanent blindness).


- Round 6 -
Stelle - 17
Anubis - 17
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11- (-1hp, -4con)
Haunt - 10
- Round 7 -
Kosei - 23
Zilchus - 22 (-2con)
Inkusehkset - 21 (-51)

Next up - Everyone… the haunt is just doing its thing, so no need to keep stopping on its initiative.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 6:

Nidhi continues her song, and lifts up her longbow, nocking several Ghost Salt arrows. She waits until the incorporeal creature appears then releases her hold on her bow string. She still invisible because of Greater Invisibility.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Damage (Ghost Salt Arrows): 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13
To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Damage (Ghost Salt Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Damage (Ghost Salt Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Nidhi Spell Tally:
34 Bardic Performances: 12/34
7 1st-level: Remove Fear
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope, Good Hope
4 4th-level: Cure Critical Wounds, Greater Invisibility
2 5th-level:

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"Ah yes... supreme commander, let's wait" feeling the next attempted might be him, Kosei raises a prayer to the desert and he is surrounded by a fiery shield of warm flames.

The air elemental flies then to the group's back, giving Zilchus room to maneuver.

If Nidhi or Stelle are successfully struk next, Kosei uses divine interference with a sirocco to force a reroll with a -6 to attack


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 6, Initiative 11+

"'Unfair', says the one that can move through the walls!" Florence snorts with derision, though she's secretly quite thankful for her magical protections.

Happy to have hit upon something that actually worked, at least to a point, her hand slips into a pocket and clutches at a pearl, restoring to her the magic she had just cast.
______________

Flo will activate her Pearl of Power (3rd) to regain her Lightning Bolt spell~


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Round 6, Init 17

"Can anyone get rid of the haunt? We really could use my gear back," she pleads hopefully.

Aid Kosei +4 to hit


Round 6, Init 19

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 Know (religion) - how long will pulsing continue?

"The pulsing should stop soon enough," Zilchus readies again (with 5' step and lunge as needed), to strike again.

1d20 + 18 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 2 + 3 = 30 to hit; (+hero, +bard)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 33 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-6-14 (2 con damage)/106
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle aids Kosei (as Kosei is not attacking this round, I'll say you're bumping his AC). Nidhi readies an action to take a shot*, and though she gets her shot, she just misses. She flickers visible briefly before disappearing once again (greater invisibility is nice). Florence prepares another lightning bolt. Kosei protects himself a little bit, and stands ready to help another avoid damage. Zilchus readies another swing.

Readied Actions*:
When readying an action your initiative changes to just before the trigger event (in this case the appearance of the creature) and you only get a standard action to do something, so just one shot.
- - -

Zilchus isn’t sure when the pulsing will end. He suspects it somewhat depends on the caster level of the spell involved, and that’s hard to ascertain. Should be soon in any event though…

Inkusehkset appears from the northeast, slipping through the wall with ease, and attacks Kosei! I think it's a hit even with Stelle's aid, but only by one so please double check.
Bite (touch attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 Negative Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Con Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Fire Damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
He is surprised and dismayed when the flickering flames surrounding Kosei lash back and scorch his mouth. ”Ow ow ow ow ow! That hurt!”

He disappears back into the north wall yet again dejected and angry.

If you enter the green light from the haunt, please make a Will DC 17, as if resisting a glitterdust spell. If you succeed, well and good. If you fail however, not only are you blinded, but you must make a further Will DC 17 or you are compelled to eat the lichen on the walls. Those who eat the lichen, also claw at their eyes due to the burning (1d8 damage and 1 in 20 chance of permanent blindness).


- Round 7 -
Stelle - 17
Anubis - 17
Haunt - 10
- Round 8 -
Kosei - 23 (-4hp, -2con)
Zilchus - 22+ (-2con)
Florence - 22
Nidhi - 22- (-1hp, -4con)
Inkusehkset - 21 (-66)

Next up - just Stelle and Anubis as the haunt is doing something on its initiative. Feel free to delay until after the haunt if you wish.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Indeed with Stelle's help Kosei's touch AC was 20

"Burrr! That was mutual pain" the air elemental also complains. He does though ready an attack to cast and touch the undead with positive energy.
Concentration (cast defensively if needed) DC 33: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33 +2 from Good Hope?
Touch attack+magic fang+IC+GH: 1d20 + 14 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 41
Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 13 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) + 13 = 22

Stats:

Level 13
Senses Darkvision 60'
HP 116/120
AC 30, touch 16, flat-footed 28 (+7 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection, +1 size, +7 natural)
Speed fly 60' (perfect)
Special whirlwind
Spells
greater magic fang
longstrider
barkskin
fire shield
-2 Con (damage)


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Round 7, Init 17

Stelle and Anubis move into the spore field to retrieve her weapon and shield.
Move, Annie 40. Move Stelle. Will move out if possible (double move for Annie).

WillSaveStelleDC17: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23 Good Hope
WillSaveAnnieDC17: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22 Good Hope


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle and Anubis brave the green glow once more as she enters to grab the gear she lost.

Fully kitted once again, the pair watch as the green light flares once more, and fades back down to just a single point of light.

The haunts 'glitterdust' effect is over for the time being. No more saves are required.

Next up - Kosei, Florence, Nidhi and Zilchus!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 7:

Nidhi continues her song and releases more Ghost Salt arrows when the haunt materializes.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Damage (Ghost Salt Arrows): 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 = 16
To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Damage (Ghost Salt Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage (Ghost Salt Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Oof, those rolls

Nidhi Spell Tally:

34 Bardic Performances: 13/34
7 1st-level: Remove Fear
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope, Good Hope
4 4th-level: Cure Critical Wounds, Greater Invisibility
2 5th-level:

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 7, Initiative 22

"Well, that solves one problem for now," Florence remarks as the green glow of the haunt finally fades out. She keeps her eyes peeled, readying to discharge another lightning bolt at the ghost when it next shows itself...

Lightning Bolt (DC 19 Reflex): 10d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 4, 1) = 34
______________

Selective Metamagic Rod again; selecting out the rest of the party~


Round 9, Init 19

Zilchus stays back with Flo and Nidhi, waiting for the undead to return.

Ready with lunge as necessary.
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 2 + 3 = 30 to hit; (+hero, +bard)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 31 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-6-14 (2 con damage)/106
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle bravely retrieves her lance and shield, wheeling around to return to the group. Kosei’s ready does not occur. Zilchus’s ready does not occur. Florence’s ready does not occur. Nidhi’s ready does not occur.

Inkusehkset appears from the central pillar. He seems about to do something to the haunt, when he sees Stelle. Pivoting, he attacks her instead.
Bite (touch attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 Negative Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Con Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
(Damn... is that even a hit for my trouble?)

”Not fair!” he yells. All his food is bristly, as Stelle takes a swipe at him with her lance. (AoO due to reach.)

He disappears down into the floor yet again dejected and angry.

- Round 8 -
Stelle - 17 (-2hp?, -2con?)
Anubis - 17
- Round 9 -
Kosei - 23 (-4hp, -2con)
Zilchus - 22+ (-2con)
Florence - 22
Nidhi - 22- (-1hp, -4con)
Inkusehkset - 21 (-66)

Next up - Everyone.


Round 10, Init 19

Zilchus stays back with Flo and Nidhi, waiting for the undead to return.

Ready with lunge as necessary.
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 18 + 2 + 3 = 31 to hit; (+hero, +bard)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 31 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-6-14 (2 con damage)/106
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 8:

Nidhi continues to sing, but lowers her bow a bit.

She calls out: "Do you wish to reach a truce? Perhaps we can help you find peace in exchange for passage through here. You know we have both brain and brawn."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38

Nidhi Spell Tally:
34 Bardic Performances: 14/34
7 1st-level: Remove Fear
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope, Good Hope
4 4th-level: Cure Critical Wounds, Greater Invisibility
2 5th-level:

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 9, Initiative 22

"Hey Stelle, are you okay? What's happening down there???" Florence calls out as she maintains the energy of her spell in her hand, ready to unleash it as soon as the ghost thing shows itself...
______________

Maintain readied action~


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

If an amulet of natural armor doesn't count towards touch AC, then you hit. If it does, then you didn't, I think.

AoO: 1d20 + 13 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 3 - 4 = 33 +hero, +courage, -pa]
for damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 + 3 + 2 + (1, 5) = 22 +courage, +hope, +holy

"I'm fine, I think. Our little walk walker is a back biter, that's all!"


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"I think I heard the ghost cursing" comments Kosei while he holds his action readied "Perhaps we should join you in help Stelle!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 17

The party stands ready to take on the geist, but he does not immediately appear. Instead, Inkusehkset’s voice echoes down the hall behind Kosei. Somewhere back from whence you’ve come. ”So… what’s your offer? How much for me to leave you alone? I can do this all day you know! And the haunts can’t be released until I release them!” he says with bravado.

Knowledge Religion DC 27:
He might be telling the truth about the haunts at least. Geist have an ability to take control of haunts. Hard to know for sure, but it’s possible (assuming he’s controlling the haunts) that he might be able to keep them here even should you bleach the bones in the sun.
- - -

- Round 9 -
Stelle - 17 (-2hp, -2con)
Anubis - 17
- Round 10 -
Kosei - 23 (-4hp, -2con)
Zilchus - 22+ (-2con)
Florence - 22
Nidhi - 22- (-1hp, -4con)
Inkusehkset - 21 (-77)

Next up - Everyone.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 10, Initiative 22

Kn. Religion (DC 27): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

"Can he actually do that?" Florence whispers to the others. "But whether he can or not might not even matter. I'm not inclined to make nice with ghosts like this - our knight friend was a different story - but if you can get him to let us pass..."

She shrugs, still maintaining her spell - just in case.


Round 10, Init 19

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Can he actually do that?"

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Know (religion)

"Maybe? I dunno, but mostly we should just kill it. It's kind of a dick, you know?" Zilchus replies to Florence.

Zilchus stays back with Flo and Nidhi, waiting for the undead to return.

Ready with lunge as necessary.
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 2 + 3 = 28 to hit; (+hero, +bard)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 29 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-6-14 (2 con damage)/106
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 9:

"Leave you alone? Let us help you be put to rest." Nidhi continues to sing.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Damage (Ghost Salt Arrows): 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14
To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Damage (Ghost Salt Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage (Ghost Salt Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Nidhi Spell Tally:

34 Bardic Performances: 15/34
7 1st-level: Remove Fear
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope, Good Hope
4 4th-level: Cure Critical Wounds, Greater Invisibility
2 5th-level:

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"You are strange spirit indeed you are my friend. Why would you scare us then? Perhaps you like to scare. If you let us pass I offer my fear. Is that to please you? I just want to safe these poor souls and return them to their true nature so they can rest at Pharasma's boneyard" Kosei keeps his readied attack whispering to his companions "I will go against the haunt next if he is not immediately appearing to fight. And fight we should. I don't think he will strike any deal"

Stats:
Level 13
Senses Darkvision 60'
HP 116/120
AC 30, touch 16, flat-footed 28 (+7 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection, +1 size, +7 natural)
Speed fly 60' (perfect)
Special whirlwind
Spells
greater magic fang
longstrider
barkskin
fire shield
-2 Con (damage)


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Round 9, Init 17

Inky wrote:

"So, what's your offer? How much for me to leave you alone? I can do this all day you know! And the haunts can't be released until I release them!"

Florence wrote:
"Can he actually do that?"

"I doubt it... something about his tone makes me think he's not as strong has he wants to seem to be. If he could go on all day, why stop now?"

Stelle nods as Kosei speaks. "We have a better chance of controlling that haunt with this bag of bones," Stelle says, rattling the haversack on
Anubis's saddle, "than he ever will -- HEY" she calls out to the geist suddenly. "The deal was -- we put you to rest and leave you in peace. Why don't you come out -- no wall hiding -- and let us end all of this 'unfairness' you're experincing in life -- er, undeadness."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(Sense Motives from Stelle, and anyone else who cares too.)

The party bristles, waiting for the undead geist to return. But seconds turn to minutes, and there is no sound but your own ragged breathing. It becomes clear that Inkusehkset has fled the coup empty handed.

Stelle - 17 (-2hp, -2con)
Anubis - 17
Kosei - 23 (-4hp, -2con)
Zilchus - 22+ (-2con)
Florence - 22
Nidhi - 22- (-1hp, -4con)

We are out of initiative.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle or Sense Motive DC 20:
Yeah, his kind does have some power over haunts, but not that kind of power. He was bluffing - likely to buy time to escape.
- - -


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

"Wow." Nidhi lowers her bow and stops singing. "I didn't think a ghost would be afraid of us." She doesn't offer to go first.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle sits in the saddle half akimbo, an incredulous look upon her face.

"Huh. Was it something we said? I think he's really gone! But the haunt -- how shall we deal with that?" she asks, cautiously proceeding, careful not to trigger its spore reaction.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Sense Motive (DC 20): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

"Huh. I guess we put up enough of a fight that we scared him. At least as much as something like him can be scared, anyway."

Though all is quiet again Florence still doesn't feel at ease and she looks around cautiously. "I don't think we have much choice but to keep pressing forward and keep looking for bones," she replies to Stelle. "We'll deal with him if he decides to try facing us again. Besides...not everyone who is lost to undeath wants to be set free. Maybe he doesn't want to be put to rest."


1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 = 25 Sense Motive

Florence Corvina wrote:
"I don't think we have much choice but to keep pressing forward and keep looking for bones," she replies to Stelle.

”Well, that was weird,” Zilchus says as he pearls back his Death Ward. ”Well, we should still try to fix these haunts if we can. We want the souls of damned to find their final reward, not trapped down here for eternity.”

Zilchus agrees with Florence, and in doing so, he offers her his ugly smile. It’s a real smile, but just not a good one. It’s just the one that he has.

If lesser restoration will fix his Con damage, he will cast it.

When others are ready to move on, he will lead the party down the map.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle moves toward the lichen room, looking for bones on the way.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle edges forward, uneasy about the haunt’s explosive nature. It does not seem to respond however and the party moves into the catacombs. The lightly colored lichen walls make seem to hold in the moisture down here as you continue to descend. The tunnels continue to be quite narrow, and so you all have bits of the lichen in your outerwear - scraped off as you squeezed through one passage or another.

A few false turns here and there, one long loop, and you eventually reach another haunt. Used to them now, and without Inkusehset to make things more complicated, you’re able to manage it without too much trouble. I’ll assume everyone who has healing, expended some minor use of it to dissipate the creature temporarily.

Eventually, ever deeper, you find steps carved into the stone floor, and can see the glimpse of a larger room beyond. Could this be the end of the maze at last?

I've updated the map, and placed folks where I thought they might be. Feel free to rearrange, we're not in combat or anything. Oh, and yes, Lesser Restoration will heal the con damage many of you are suffering from.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei flies forward and tries to mingle with the tunnels winds to pass unnoticed. Scouting that way the Garundi attempts to gather information of what is ahead.
Stealth+wild shape: 1d20 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 6 = 38
Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28


Zilchus moves up behind Kosei, his eyes scanning for danger.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 23 + 2 = 27 Perception

"You guys spot any more bones? Gunna need them bones."


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle collects as many bones as Anubis can find, then approaches the larger room.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei flits in and out of the passages with the speed of the wind. If there was something to hide behind, he’d be behind it. As it is, he’s hard to focus on in the twisty shadowy passages. Not quite invisible - but close as he passes into a large chamber with a singular object that attracts the eye.

A hand-sized glowing golden ankh with a polished blue sapphire inset at its center rests on a stand atop a circular dais of black stone in the middle of this room. A square podium made from the same black stone and level in height with the ankh stands just north of the dais. A long-legged chest made of golden wood sits against the south wall atop a low stone slab. The top of the chest is carved with the image of a winged scarab. The ceiling above is hidden by a brilliant glow. It’s at least 30’ high and may be higher.

Stelle may make a will save please. I’m also doing a few Perception checks below. Please look and let me know if I have your bonuses correct (I may not be anywhere near current).

Perception Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Nidhi 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Anubis 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 (scent +8)

Single round action only please (but a full round).


Zilchus waits for Kosei to move forward, continuing a sharp vigil for danger.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 23 + 2 = 41 Perception


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Attracted by the golden ankh Kosei flies over and touches it while casting detect magic to identify it "What do you friends think is this? It seems pretty glamorous"
Spellcraft (detect magic: identify): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 +5 more vs. Fear


+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"What's pretty glamorous?" Florence calls out from some feet back, her voice echoing up and down the tunnels. If anyone turns to glare at her she shrugs.

"Not like anything else down here didn't hear us yelling and stomping about earlier when we were fighting that ghost."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle feels something is odd about the room, but can't quite put her finger on it. Of course it is an odd room to have so deep in the earth. So maybe that's it.

Kosei breezes forward into the room and touches the ankh while the others look on. A tiny arc of electricity, surely just a build up of static on all the, uh, damp sand, sparks the air elemental as contact is made. A beautiful, brightly glowing symbol appears above the ankh. Kosei, please make a will save vs a mind effecting compulsion. Oh, and yes, the object is magical, you’re in round one of the detect magic process.

The symbol glows and pulses slightly, but its light doesn’t seem to shed beyond the room. If you enter the room, will save as above please.

Line of sight to the symbol, knowledge arcana DC 28:
Kosei has apparently triggered a Symbol of Insanity.
- - -


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Will: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20 +3 if fear from Stelle
"The thing is definitely magical my friends" Kosei abnormally gets absorbed by the symbol's magical look.

In the unlikely case Kosei is not taken by the magics, he continues studying the item magics, although he is not knowledgeable in arcana.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei:
You may read the knowledge arcana spoiler in my above post. You are under the constant, for now, effect of Confusion.

Do you, by chance, have a heal spell to correct the issue?
- - -

I forgot to mention, everyone may make another full round action. Just one round please.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

GM:

Confusion %: 1d100 ⇒ 84
Kosei has not prepared the heal spell today, he has a heal scroll though

Kosei turns against Zilchus and attempts a powerful air slam at him "Ah! You came back?! But I am ready to fight you!"
Air slam+magic fang-PS (flatfooted?): 1d20 + 14 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 3 - 3 = 32
Bludgeoning/Magical damage+magic fang+PS+acid: 1d4 + 4 + 3 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 + 6 + (5) = 22 5 is acid


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Whoa! Kosei! Why are you attacking your intrepid leader? Zilch, I think he thinks you're Inky!" Stelle exclaims. "Let's take a step back, get him out of the Creeepy room. Maybe Florence or Nidhi can set him straight without damaging him!?"

Stelle coordinates Anubis's five foot step with Zilchus, should Zilchus choose to follow the suggestion.

7,001 to 7,050 of 7,646 << first < prev | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.