GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


5,651 to 5,700 of 8,304 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Just one second, it seems dark here, still."

Stelle cracks out her deluxe dungeoneering kit and pulls out a sunrod, instructing Anubis to carry it between his teeth. Perform

"O.K. I'm ready."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Probably so...and if we had the time for it, writing down all of these things we're finding and seeing would probably mean a lot to anyone interested in Osirion's history," Florence remarks to Zilchus as they wait for Stelle to pass the sunrod to Anubis.

But then she shrugs. "History can teach a lot of useful things but it's not my passion like it was his. We've got bigger to fish to fry."


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

"The dusty crackling scrolls how that would be more valuable than the light and the waters my friend?" Kosei looks at Zilchus questioning "But if you want to retrieve them my nimble hands can make it work, just a sleight hand here and there, we push it together and we take it to this Ben you so much like and talk"

When Zilchus just moves to the next door the Garundi simply shrugs and follows in "That mean the scrolls are not that valuable then?" the Kosei plays with his glory hand up and down making the bright light to shift and create strange shadows in the walls and corners.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle turns to Kosei, playing with the light.

I wonder if he can make minotaur and dragon shadows in the light with his hands, too...

"Are you saying you can mend those? How long will it take? Maybe when we clear out the complex, we can come back here and you can mend the scrolls?"


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

As they walk and talk, Florence can't help but glance at the strange hand that Kosei waves around almost as though it were just some sort of torch. "Um...not meaning to be nosy but where did you even get something like that?" she asks. "That's an actual person's hand, you know...and while the light's dead useful, it's still a little...icky...to see you carrying it."


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

"Of course, provided enough time for it, the parchment and dust can be asked to come back to their previous nature and paste together as the sand strengthens with the water in..." Kosei's attention quickly jumps back towards Florence. He shakes the hand in front of the woman "My great-great-great-great-grandfather's hand you mean? It is sort of talisman for my family. Old Hosei El-Omad was Ancient Pharaoh and he was so blessed and lucky, it is told, his touch would light the night without moon and his mere presence would make the dancers of the sand to shine, friend." Kosei smiles and continues with the story enthusiastically "It is told the frogs of the Sphinx would come to visit and chant to him, but he would pierce through the air itself and see the menaces over the lands of Osirion. Have I told you about the three fingers of my great-great-great-great-grandfather friend?"

While he talks, he follows up Zilchus closely.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Once the party sorts out the nature of the severed hand around Kosei’s neck, Zilchus opens the door. They daylight slices into the room, brightening the already lit chamber. Remarkably well preserved wooden racks line the walls, but the scrolls slotted into the racks have fared less well over the years. Most are little more than bundles of brittle papyrus barely held together by rotted ribbons. Here and there, however, an intact scroll or carved scroll case juts out from the smoothly curved racks. In the center of the room, warped and withered chairs surround a flat stone table.

What attracts your attention through is a most unusul creature in the behind the table, studying a stone tablet. She is human however and is dressed as a forgotten pharaoh cultist. Looking up she says, ”I see.” while frowning and looking at your identical masks.

- Round 1 -
Good Folks - 23
Florence - 21
Zilchus - 18
Stelle - 15
Kosei - 8
Nidhi - 6

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Good folks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

She casts Anti Life Shell, severely limiting your ability to close. (There's a green sphere around her on the map. You cannot move into those squares, effectively forcing a 15' reach to make melee attacks. Yes, I know on a grid system there's a diagonal that might work, but let's stick to the intent of the spell and say it doesn't.)

Next up - everyone!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1, Initiative 6:

"The Forgotten Pharaoh is evil and his follows must be stopped!" Nidhi moves into the room (see map) and begins to sing.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Kosei enters into the room to see the strange cultist "She is going to make a brochette of you. I would better surrender all the undead you have brought to Osirion"

The Garundi observes expectant the reaction of the scholar readying himself to counterspell.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 He will counterspell if he cannot identify the spell or it is a non-puny spell. If it is a spell he has prepared, he will use it instead of dispel
Counterspell Dispel magic check: 1d20 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 6 = 34


1 person marked this as a favorite.

”Florence, can you make me big now?!!” Zilchus asks, now having the need for bigness.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 21

"Righto," Florence calls out as she begins casting the requested enbiggening spell. "It'll just...take me a moment!"
____________

Florence begins casting Enlarge Person for Zilchus!


Round 1, Init 18

Zilchus readies to shut the door should the bad mask jerk cast a spell as he awaits the embiggening from Flo.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence begins casting enlarge person. Zilchus threatens to close the door, but hesitates. Stelle delays, unsure what to do against an opponent she cannot reach (and likely unwilling to dismount and stab with her lance). She may perform some preparatory action later if she wishes (switch weapons, activate an ability, etc.). Kosei prepares to counter a spell that doesn’t come. Nidhi moves into position and prepares the party with inspiration.

Your opponent has no illusions. You would not have made it so far had you been weak. She draws a potion bottle from a leather bag hanging at her waist but gestures and a swirling mass of writhing spirits screams out from her fingers! They writhe and scream throughout the room effecting the party (20’r burst). This includes Anubis, but not Bynx.

storm of souls: 6d8 ⇒ (8, 2, 4, 4, 6, 3) = 27 Fort DC 21 for half

Florence, keep in mind you’ll need to make a concentration check to keep the spell based on the damage you take.

- Round 2 -
Good Folks - 23
Florence - 21
Zilchus - 18
Stelle - 15
Kosei - 8
Nidhi - 6

Next up - everyone!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 21

Fort (DC 21): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Concentration (DC 38): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

Florence finds herself assaulted by the storm of souls, which completely ruins the magic she'd been trying to conjure for Zilchus. With Kosei and Nidhi already in the room, she finds she has little choice but to follow and attempt to dispel whatever barrier seems to be keeping them all at bay...

Dispel Magic (CL Check): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Spells & Powers:

6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Heroism
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment x 2, Hold Monster
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Fly, Lightning Bolt, Prayer
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize
Lesser Extend Rod (2/3)

Fortune Hex Uses: Stelle
Healing Hex Uses:


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2, Initiative 6

Fort DC21: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Nidhi continues to sing and lifts up her bow towards their foe. She pulls two cold iron and two normal arrows from her quiver. Having a clear shot, Nidhi releases the four arrows she's nocked towards the Forgotten Pharaoh follower.

Manyshot (Cold Iron arrows): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26
Damage: 2d8 + 20 + 4d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 20 + (5, 4, 1, 6) = 39

Rapidshot (Normal arrow): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + (5, 5) = 24

Iterative (Normal arrow): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (4, 1) = 17

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls (PRD link) Duration is 12 min. Still going on?

Stats on damage:

Manyshot
To hit (Bard 12th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3 (SELLING LATER), Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks))
Damage (Str +2, Masterwork Weapon +2, Magical Bonus +2, Point-Blank Shot +2 (30ft)), +6 Inspire Courage, +2 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks), +4 Good Hope) Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)
Rapidshot
To hit (Bard 12th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3 (SELLING LATER), Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks)) )
Damage (Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks), +2 Good Hope) Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)
Iterative
To hit (Bard 12th level +4, Dex +3, Belt +3 (SELLING LATER), Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks))
Damage (Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks), +2 Good Hope) Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)

Nidhi Spell Tally:
Perform 3/32 used
7 1st-level available
7 2nd-level available
4 3rd-level available, Good Hope (party)
4 4th-level available


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Fort+GH DC 21: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 = 24
Kosei looks at the strange guardian not paying much attention to the screams.

The man holds his look at his opponent, paying all his attention at his moves, and maintaining his action readied to counterspell.

He does though walk north, away from the party and the main area of the bursts, but he does so while attentively looking at the opponent like a lion surrounding his prey.

Stats:

HP: 98/111
Wild shape: 5/5
Spells: L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 7/7+1/1 L3: 5/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 5/5 L6: 4/4
Healer’s hands: 12/12
Fire bolt: 7/9
Extend rod: 3/3
See invisibility: 1/1
Daylight: 0/1
Effects: longstrider 12 h, prayer


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 1, Init 15

"I see," Stelle frowns behind her mask as Antilife is cast. She grants +2 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round to her allies.

She prepares to charge should the Antilife shell get countered. Delay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Round 2, Init 5

StellFortDC21: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
AnubisFortDC21: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

GMEuan wrote:
She but gestures and a swirling mass of writhing spirits screams out from her fingers!

What are they? I do not know ... annoying bats or something. OOooh. Now I'm scared.

Stelle and Anubis stoically ignore the bat-like screechers.

She watches Nidhi plug away with her bow, and cries out "Ah, Lady Sophronia! Your death shall be avenged yet!"

(Standard) +2 to AC (Everyone)
(Swift) Blades Above and Below (Everyone)

Delay

**~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
||
||+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear*
||+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge*
||+2 AC (everyone)
||+2 Flank (Melee, Everyone)
||
||
||
||
||~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
||
|| *Banner
|

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 66/77
Annie: Hits: 65/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 28
Anubis AC: 28
Buffs: +2 AC, Courage, Hope

Saves:
Fort: +11 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+11 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 5/5

AC: 28 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +12/+7/+2 (+2 Lance, +2 Str, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Round 2, Init 18

1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14 Fort

Zilchus grunts as he realizes his embiggening won't be happening. He moves into the room, taking damage, but shrugs.

He calls upon the Great Crocodile to undo things.

6d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 5, 1, 4, 6) = 25 channel positive

"I can do this all day. That all you got?" He unhooks his weapon cord as he moves in.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+10+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 80/98
AC: 28/24 (7 armor + 2 dex, 1 dodge, +4 buckler +2 ring + 2 insight)

DF:0/10
Weap: 2/12 rounds used (+3 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 0/9 used (+6)
Quick Prayer: 0/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/12 minutes used
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence tries a dispel magic, but she cannot quite make it work. Zilchus heals his companions largely back to full health. Stelle is ready to charge when she can, but helps her companions in other ways in the meantime. Nidhi opens a volley, and connects twice. Kosei maintains his ready, which goes off and he successfully counters her spell!

As has already been said, she considers, and casts a spell (Flame Strike) which is thwarted by Kosei. She looks uneasily around her, but is confident in her shell (though Nidhi is very damaging) for at least another round.

- Round 3 -
Kosei - 24
Good Folks - 23 (-41hp)
Florence - 21 (-2hp)
Zilchus - 18 (-2hp)
Stelle - 15
Nidhi - 6 (-2hp)

Next up - everyone!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 3, Initiative 21

Florence pauses by the doorway long enough to offer Nidhi an extra bit of good fortune before moving further into the corner of the room in an attempt to spread out.

Spells & Powers:

6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Heroism
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment x 2, Hold Monster
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Fly, Lightning Bolt, Prayer
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize
Lesser Extend Rod (2/3)

Fortune Hex Uses: Nidhi, Stelle
Healing Hex Uses:


Round 3

Zilchus thinks long and hard about why he should have a longbow, but then remembers that he has one!

He sheathes his falchion and draws his longbow.

"Oh man, you're going to be dead when I remember how to use this bow!" Zilchus looks around for his arrows.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle slowly but purposefully maneuvers through the room.

Should I Challenge? Then she would have to pay attention to me. Maybe that'll be enough of a distraction to help everyone else... I need to get closer though!

Stelle waits to see how Kosei chooses to act.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Recognizing the spell, Kosei uses his own daily preparation of flame strike to counter the opponent.

"Ah! That I will take as failure to surrender and recognize the true authority of the deserts of Osirion" Kosei starts conjuring more magic, this time trying to directly destroy her protective shield "My friends you should now prepare to give her a lesson"
Dispel magic check (to dispel antilife shell): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

On Kosei's initiative... the green sphere drops! She is no longer protected by the anti-life shell.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 3, Init 15

There it goes!

"In the name of ... " Stelle begins clearly enough, but hesitates fading. She clears her voice and declares loudly, "... my friends here, Lady Sophronia and myself -- we banish you from here. Resist, and your life ..." Stelle peers at the strange mummy like creature ... such as it is... She shakes her head, switching gears, "-- we will end you here!"

Swift, Demanding Challenge, - Strange Mummy/Witch gets a –2 penalty to its AC from attacks made by anyone other than the cavalier as long as Stelle is threatening it.

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 1 = 37 - PA
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 6 + 24 + 36 ⇒ (5, 3, 4) + 6 + 6 + 24 + 36 = 84+PA, +Challenge

Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 1 = 28
for Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 4 + 16 + 24 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 + 4 + 16 + 24 = 57 +PA, +Challenge

Anubis, Improved Overrun: 1d20 + 2 + 7 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 7 + 5 + 1 = 21+Amulet

The sudden jolt from skewering it solidly may impeded the Overrun attempt by Anubis!

Feel free to move Anubis back if the Overrun wasn't successful.

Also, does this thing have legs? Is it weilding something?

**~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
||Challenge: Mummy/Cultist/Witch Thing
||+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)*
||+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)*
||+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rools against Mummy/Cultist/Witch Thing
||(..... Everyone)
||+2 Flank (Melee, Everyone)
||Demanding Challenge (-2 AC to Mummy/Cultist/Witch Thing)
||
||
||
||
||~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
||
|| *Banner
||
**

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 66/77
Annie: Hits: 65/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 29
Anubis AC: 30
Buffs: +2 AC, Courage, Hope

Saves:
Fort: +11 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+11 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 4/5

AC: 28 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +12/+7/+2 (+2 Lance, +2 Str, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+12 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence gives Nidhi a second bite at the apple. Zilchus switches weapons, preparing to do her in with arrow fire. Stelle delays for Kosei who dispels the anti life shell, whereupon Stelle criticals her, thrusting her lance through her chest and pinning her to the floor.

We are decisively out of combat before Nidhi has an opportunity to shoot.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"That worked pretty well~" Florence remarks, humming a little bit to keep Nidhi's good fortune going - at least while they investigate this new room. "Kosei, you're pretty good at dispelling magics, where'd you learn it?~"

As she continues to hum, Florence gets to work scanning the room and the freshly corpsed corpse for magical auras.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

She has some magics on her, and there are some in the room as well. Collecting everything of value, you find:
Potion of Invisiblity (in her hand)
Scroll of mass bear’s endurance
Scroll of waves of fatigue
Scroll of word of chaos
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
Cloak of Resistance +2
Headband of Alluring Charisma +2
Platinum bracelet (300gp)
Gilt wooden funerary mask (50gp)
Ivory scroll case (75gp)
Ivory and turquoise scroll case (220gp)
175gp
Ceremic tile with the image of an armored warrior (similar to the one you have of a snake)


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Yes! Thank you Kosei!"

Stelle looks around. I wonder if Lady Sophronia is still around... "I guess we should try to find our way through to the other side. Shall we try the stairs, or the scary trap room?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

While Kosei's lips do not budge there is a titling light on his eyes "There is no special goodness on this hands my friend. It is just the pure fate of the sands and stars defending themselves of the pollution of this world through my hands"

The Garundi scans the objects analyzing the magic. He picks up the scroll of mass bear's endurance "There might be situations you would appreciate me using this on you"

"The scary trap... yes! Kosei wants the trap room... we must sort out how to order those heavy tiles we picked up before. Oh! And inform our ghostly friend of our recent deeds"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Oh Croc riding a Gator!" Zilchus says as Stelle skewers the foe like a delicious rat-on-a-stick. He's somewhat miffed at not being able to use his bow, and that he is now covered in bloodspray.

"Wow." Zilchus shakes his head and looks at the wee folk on dogback. "Nice."

While others sort through the magics, Zilchus will put away his bow and clean himself off before re-attaching his weapon cord.

Zilchus would like that amulet of natural armor, if possible.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Hmm...I think I could put this scroll to use," Florence remarks, indicating the Waves of Fatigue scroll by waving it around. "It'd be tricky to avoid catching any of you in the radius but against actual living things it could make a big difference in battle!"

"Oh and we can go back to the trap room but don't we still need one more tile?" Florence adds. "I think we've found two and there's spots for three if I remember right."


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

"Oh! Your sage is broader than the horizon of the desert! There is that area to the west" Kosei starts walking back the corridor towards the place he means "The last tile must be there hidden"


+1 to the push, Kosei. Good work.

Zilchus agrees with Kosei’s wisdom and follows the man to an area where it might be.

”The Great Crocodile will be pleased that we will cleanse this sphinx of those within like the raging river sweeps away everything in its path.”

When others are ready, he will enter.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 9

Your ghostly paladin had not gotten to this area yet, so you’re not sure what lies beyond the archway until you look.

A round stone disk hovers two feet off of the sandy floor in the center of this room. A golden glow radiates from beneath the disk, giving it the appearance of floating on a luminous cloud. The image of a snarling sphinx stretches its engraved wings across a stone door in the western wall. Beneath the sphinx’s outstretched wings, hordes of tiny, twisted demons are carved upon the door.

Both the disk and the stone door have transmutation auras, and the room is lit by the glow under the disk, but only dim light (unlike the normal brightness of the rest of the complex).


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zilchus wrote:
"Wow. Nice."

Stelle curtsys, handing Zilchus a silk handkerchief. "Thank you for the healing. And sorry -- I didn't mean for that to end so quickly, but I'm glad it did." She points to the potion of invisibility in the dead strange mummy/witch's hand. "I think she was planning on running away, and that would have been no fun to track down."

She follows to the next room.

~~~~~

GMEuan wrote:
Both the disk and the stone door have transmutation auras, and the room is lit by the glow under the disk, but only dim light (unlike the normal brightness of the rest of the complex).

"Well! Someone besides Kosei has fun playing with light!" Stelle exclaims looking into the room while recalling the permanent shadow that falls to the north of the Sphinx outside. "What is this at which I am looking?"


With Kosei’s Daylight at the doorway, Zilchus will look in carefully.

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25 Perception

If nothing looks out of place, he will enter.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence trails along behind the others, marveling at just how big the complex really is. "It must've taken them ages to build this," she muses out loud to no one in particular. When they reach the next room, she frowns at the sight of the floating disk.

"Wonder if we're supposed to put something on it?" Florence peers through the doorway for signs of anything that might fit the bill. "There's transmutation auras on it and the door, so it might be some sort of locking mechanism or a ward."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Auto +4 to Zichus' perception.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

I just thought of something: does the mask prevent scrying? Like is it something Nidhi can activate?

Nidhi snatches up the Platinum bracelet off of the dead woman's wrist. "I'll just hold onto this until we can sell it in town." Nidhi slips the jewelry on her wrist with her various other bangles. She frowns, noticing that the platinum clashes with the gold and Lapis Lazuli but doesn't make any effort to remove it. Definitely just until we can sell it in town. (Just RP. Not wanting bracelet)

Before continuing, Nidhi heals herself by casting Cure Moderate Wounds and Cure Light Wounds.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 2) + 10 = 18
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Nidhi moves with the others - mainly following behind Zilchus' bulky frame. See map. "You know, a lot of the creatures lurking here are cowards. Spying on us but never coming to face us directly." Nidhi straps her bow across her back and lifts up her Everburning Torch from her traveling cloak pocket.

Perception (traps): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Disable Device (trap): 1d20 + 17 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 5 = 31

Nidhi Spell Tally:

7 6 1st-level available, Cure Light Wounds (self),
7 6 2nd-level available, Cure Moderate Wounds (self),
[s]4[s] 3 3rd-level available, Good Hope (party)
4 4th-level available


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle moves further into the room for ... room.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi cannot be scried, and if the room you are in is observed remotely, Nidhi simply isn't there. A benefit of the mask's ability to hide itself.

No one observes anything new, nor are any traps detected. The party enters the room, stirring up some local dust, but nothing else.


Zilchus keeps stepping through the room, going to check on the other door.

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle presumably aids, and still Zilchus finds nothing of note with a longer search.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Kosei enters the room to more closely check the disk in the middle "Maybe we should leave something inside the disk. The mask perhaps? Or just Kosei himself?" the man pads the top part of the disk with his hand.

When, if, the doors are opened he follows in with the others.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

NIdhi puts away her torch, pulls out her longbow, and opens the next door. See map. *puuuuush*


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei puts a little pressure on the disk, but nothing seems to happen. Nidhi proceeds to try and open the door, and fails to find a way to do so. No handle, no hinges.

She, presumably, investigates further (perception check for traps, tricks, etc.) and finds nothing useful - even with a take-20 search. The door seems firmly in place against her. It's heavy stone forbidding passage.


Zilchus knocks on the door with the pommel of his sword, hoping the door is hollow.

”Uh, we can come back tomorrow and try to shape it away, I guess...” Zilchus mutters...but then remembers he has something in his favor: brute strength and a lack of brains!

He pulls out his crowbar and tries to open the door in any way that it might move.

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 Strength
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8 Strength
1d20 + 5 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 5 = 29 Strength w/grunt

If those fail, we’re truly not getting the door open without a stone to mud and/or some stone shaping.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Florence wrote:
"There's transmutation auras on it and the door, so it might be some sort of locking mechanism or a ward."

"Is this 'transmutation aura' something that can be dispelled?" Stelle asks, scratching Anubis behind the ears.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Maybe...but I've already used the one spell I prepared," Florence sighs. "Maybe Kosei can try it? But if not...hmm..." she looks around and pulls out a flask of holy water and tries setting it on the disk.

5,651 to 5,700 of 8,304 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.