Eberron - Echoes of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Rose Quarry - Table I

Perception Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.


151 to 200 of 944 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Curiosity overcoming his common sense, Gauntlet will bend over the still form and inspect it by pulling it hood away from its face. Expecting to see a fellow warforged...

Scattershot rolling for info here...

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Profession(Soldier): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Craft(Armor Smithing): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan groans slightly and gets to his feet. "Well, that wasn't exactly how I was expecting to end a party, but this is Sharn, after all."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - University District - The Bloody Bridge

Gauntlet and Pink-Eye bend over the assailant and discovers that it is indeed a Warforged. Gauntlet believes that the Warforged is merely disabled and not dead, though now would likely not be the best time to return this particular Warforged to functionality.

Sergeant Dolom shakes his head, "A Warforged committing murder in the open streets of Sharn? Cover that face up quickly Gauntlet if word of this gets out it may increase tension with the citizens that law abiding Warforged do not need.

Alright Pink-Eye, when we process this crime scene we'll see what the Professor has that a Warforged might want".

He smiles at the six of you, "Though I've known only a few of you just this night I got the sense you were all fine upstanding citizens who aided this woman against a killer. You're all free to go about your business, if I need further statements from you I'll ask Mickey where to find ye'"

He turns back to Ama, "Ma'am can you provide me with the Professor's full name? Have you any idea why a Warforgd would want to kill a Professor of the University?"

The female Watch member trots away, "Sergeant, I think we'll need some help with the two bodies. I'll fetch another patrol". Dolom nods to her as the male Watch member stands guarding the two bodies, one alive and one dead. As citizens begin to mill about with the rain stopped and the fight over he calls out to them, "Watch business, head back to your homes!"

Artival, Pink-Eye, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan and Viorr are free to go. Good thing you all knew that Watch member eh, made that process much easier! :-)
Besides completing the delivery with Erix, anything else you wish to do this night?


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

On a hunch, Gauntlet will memorize or draw a copy of the fallen warforge's unique forehead-symbol for later perusal.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan clutches at his injury and adjusts his doublet. "Damn. Ruined a perfectly fine tunic," he mutters. "Well, nothing to do for it now. Best to finish the delivery and get some rest!"


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Once the battle is over, Erix sits down, hard. And bleeds from the massive gash on his head. He barely hears the conversation between the sergeant and his companions.

A reminder that I am at 1hp


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"Pinkeye? Think you can see yourself fixing up our new friends somewhat? I will need to do some decent repairs myself once I get back to my domicile."

Repairs back at home for the night.
Craft(Armorsmithing)w/8 hours for Repair: 1d20 + 7 - 15 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 15 = 3

3HP repaired.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

No other plans for the night...


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

Erix, it would be much easier to track your HP's for the rest of us, if you changed your header to a form like the rest of us have.

No other plans for the evening.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - University District - The Bloody Bridge

GM the Dragon Above wrote:
He turns back to Ama, "Ma'am can you provide me with the Professor's full name? Have you any idea why a Warforgd would want to kill a Professor of the University?"

"Well.." Ama began hesitantly, closing her eyes to try to recall his name entirely. "Professor Bonal Geldem, I believe his name was. He had come to the library earlier, wanting to find several books related to the Cannith Forges. Those books were falsely checked out, and we were looking into it when the attack happened." For all that she seems to be able to intellectually process what was going on, she was certainly shaken by what had occurred. Her glances back to the body and the assailant were nervous, and frequent.

"I- I had not noticed the attack in the rain, and the Professor seemed to stumble, and I couldn't catch him, so we fell and- then..." She took a deep breath to steady herself, continuing. "Then they were here, and so was the assassin, and that was when I ran to find the closest watch."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

After catching his breath, Caelan notices that his relative is badly injured. "Hey, let me help you up there," he says as he kneels down to give Erix a hand. "Let's get you back home so we can have that injury looked at."


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will cast cure light wounds on Erix

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye looks over the crowd and says to the young woman perhaps we might escort you home or to the library or where ever you are going. I am interested in these books now. Anyone else in need of healing ? I can cast one more time.


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix cuts of a strip of cloth, wipes away any excess blood, and takes Caelan's offered hand. "Can't go home till the package is delivered." He says stubbornly.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - University District - The Bloody Bridge

Sergeant Dolom nods to Ama, "That's enough for the night lass. If I need anything further form you, I'll let you know. These men here are friends and allies of my old war regiment. Let them escort you home just in case. I may have more questions for you tomorrow".

Ama will you allow the rest of the PC's to escort you home< after delivery of the package of course!


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama looked a bit intimidated by the Minotaur, especially this was the one that had been advancing with a weapon out, but got a hold of herself. "Well, we were headed to friend of his— that is, the professor—" Trailing off, she took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. "Yes. I would appreciate the company, and my apologies for the misunderstanding." Tentatively, she essayed a slight smile at him. "I am Ama Freewater. You are...?"


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

someone who thought you were the murderer... I too am sorry. I am called Pink Eye with a slight bow

erix I cast cure light wounds on you for three hp. I have one more casting of it today


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet will quick-salute the young lady with one hand as he tries to bend a small metal plate back into shape on his pectoral armor.

"They call me Gauntlet, M'lady Freewater. Pleasure to...meet you."


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Viorr, m'lady" the elf offers, bowing perhaps a trifle more extravagantly than circumstances warrant.


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

Artival nods at the lady. "I am Artival Brisboir, from House Deneith. You might have jeRd of me. Some people have taken to calling me 'The Chimera,'" he explains. The rest of the group is quite sure they have never heard himself refer to himself that way before.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

"A pleasure to meet you all.", Ama offered, visibly composing herself into something more befitting proper decorum, though she did give a bit of an embarrassed expression towards Artival. "I am relatively new to the city, and have not had my ear towards the goings-on, my apologies."

To the rest, she smiled and acknowledged them in turn, seeming a bit better "Having known soldiers as an escort certainly places me in safe hands. It was fortuitous that you came along when you did! Where might you have been going, as I do not wish to inconvenience you overmuch." She looked around the rainy bridge, and the current weather, grateful it was not hot.


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Thankfully, the rain has washed away all of the blood on Erix by the time he walks over to the young lady to introduce himself "Erix d'Orien, and we're on our way to make a delivery."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Caelan d'Orien," says the well-dressed man with a curious smile, "and I'm glad to be of service."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - University District - Kelsa Spire Delivery Address

Soon enough, as you were not far, you all arrive at the delivery address and Erix knocks on the door.

An older gentleman answers the door doing a triple take. His last take lands his eyes on the prize in Erix's hand. "Boy when Mickey said the package would get here safe, he wasn't kidding!" He then looks at Erix's wound, "You alright feller? That's a nasty cut there. Thanks for protecting the goods, seems I am not the only one who appreciates art but I've never hear of anyone waylaying a deliveryman to get it!"

As the man is a local here you can ask him any questions you think may be relevant. If not, then we'll fast forward with you all safely home and begin the next day.


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix bows politely "I've been better, but I'll be alright. House Orien prides itself on safe delivery, and I won't let a little cut prevent me from completing a job" The young man says professionally.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Was there anyone in particular who was trying to get your package? It would be good to know if we're going to have any more unexpected visitors," Caelan adds.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Caelan, it is well known that humans enjoy doing things to other humans packages... We need to find out more about this whole package grabbing thing and take care of it before it takes over the city!

failed will roll on following up talking about... packages


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - University District - Kelsa Spire Delivery Address

The man at the door now holding his big package shrugs, "I mean I've got a nice package and all but I don't see why anyone would go out of their way to get a hold of it.

Hey I heard a lot of yelling and screaming coming from the Skybridge a few minutes ago, any idea what that was all about?"

Pink-Eye wrote:
failed will roll on following up talking about... packages

As did I...


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

"We happened upon a violent scene. A warforged murdered someone. The guards ended up on the scene, just as we knocked it out. Quite a hectic evening, it was."


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"An interesting evening so far..."


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

where was the female bard of Calistria saying so many packages so little time? OK time to stop now..


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - University District - Kelsa Spire Delivery Address

"Terrible thing just a terrible thing. These Warforged..." he trails off as he looks at Gauntlet.

"Regardless, thank you for delivering the package to me! Fare thee well upon your way home".

Does the group want to escort Ama home in case she is also a target?


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Having been embarrassed by the girl's simple spell, Gauntlet is not inclined to follow her further. She seems capable enough,
the assailant is down, and he needs to finish his repairs. So he will bid everyone a good night and head back to collect Mickey P.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr will certainly offer to escort her home.


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

As will Erix. In his mind, she's now a new 'delivery'.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will also accompany her and give escort home


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

Artival joins the fellas escorting the young lady home. He jhad to make sure the rest of the louts were on their best behavior with the damsel the group had recently met.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

The group is able to deliver Ama home safely with no incidents.

Ama, I will let you decide where "home" is.

The rest of you are able to find your own ways home as well - be it a house or a local Inn.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Eighth Day of Dravago - The Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Gauntlet

You wander a bit all night as he was not still at the Tavern when you got back there to escort him home. As day breaks you arrive at Mickey P's home and find him awake and in good spirits.

"Gauntlet, what happened last night? I received a message asking me to arrange a meeting between you and your comrades from last night for a "job well done but incomplete". The job is looking to pay 100 GP a head!"

Ama

You wake in the morning and realize that what took place last night was not a bad dream. The Professor is dead but the mystery behind why he was killed and what happened to those books is far from over.

What do you do?

Erixx and Caelan

The morning comes early despite the late night from before. You each have a message waiting from Mickey P. who would like to see you both "about last night" at an Inn with a small bar in the University District named the Golden Horn.

Pink-Eye

You wake to the sound of someone knocking on the door. You are a it shocked as you are staying at an Inn, who could possibly kow you are here?!

Viorr

The morning comes early despite the late night from before. You receive a message waiting from Mickey P. "about last night". "Meet me at an Inn with a small bar in the University District named the Golden Horn".

Artival

You are woken by a magical missive from Peter d'Deneith, House Deneith's Page in Sharn. Wake up my friend. Your presence has been requested at the Golden Horn Inn in the University District. As this...

A brief pause where the magic trails off and starts of again.

"is official House business I expect you to conduct yourself properly during this meeting and report back to me on the outcome".


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Well, this is promising! Viorr thinks as he prepares himself for a new day.

He will make his way to the Golden Horn early.


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

Artival awoke with a start. He wasn't used to personal missives being delivered through magic. Maybe one day he could learn how to do something like that! He put in his regalia and immediately headed to the Inn, after grabbing a hunk of bread and a bite of cheese to devour on the way.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Nodding at the news, Gauntlet will fill in Mickey as to what happened at the bridge.

"This new job pays extremely well. Are you sure it is on the up-and-up?"


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)
GM the Dragon Above wrote:

Ama

You wake in the morning and realize that what took place last night was not a bad dream. The Professor is dead but the mystery behind why he was killed and what happened to those books is far from over.

What do you do?

Sleep was not easy, and neither was it very restful. Ama woke up in her room and looked at the sky as it got lighter, sighing to herself as she got out of the bed with a yawn. Accommodations were not ideal as part of her contract with the Library, but it beat several of the other options that were available at the time. A cantrip cast with hardly a thought provided illumination and hygiene as she set down to what was a regular routine for her- memorizing the meager amount of magics that she had acquired so far. She managed to keep her mind from drifting during it, but immediately after breakfast she headed to the library to at least inform Atiel of the occurrence.

____________________________
0th: Light, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st: Color Spray, Mage Armor


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan rises the next morning with a groan, his ribs still sore from the prior day's battering.

Upon receiving the note, he thinks for a while. Then, at long last, he goes back to his room and opens the large trunk at the base of his bed. From that he fetches his old armor and weaponry.

"Mickey, let's hope today is less frantic than yesterday," he says to no-one in particular. "At least this time I'll be ready if it is."

Once armed he looks to fetch Erix before returning to meet Mickey again.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will take his time and put on his armor and then grip the axe and toss open the door taking a five foot step back and saying what do you want, speak fast


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Eighth Day of Dravago - The Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Gauntlet

Mickey nods, "I am sure of it. The employer is a representative of House Cannith!"

Caelan

Do you wait for Erix or head over there on your own?

Viorr and Artival

You both arrive at the same time and find that the Golden Horn is more of an Inn than a Tavern.

The human at the front desk takes your name. "Once your entire party has arrived you may see your host. For now, you may take a seat in the foyer where the daily paper is available for your perusal". His manner is curt and he does not smile, not even a crack as he gives you these "instructions".


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Eighth Day of Dravago - The Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Pink-Eye

A human wearing the same symbol as that worn by both Caelan and Erix, who you met last night, stands at your door.

His eyes go wide as he sees you but his feet remain planted firmly in the hall, "It was not easy to find you despite your, ah err, despite the fact that you stick out in this city. A Mickey P. has asked for your presence at a Tavern known as the Golden Horn. If you do not know where it is I have also been given instructions to take you there..."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Eighth Day of Dravago - The Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Ama

You arrive at the Library at your duly appointed shift and speak with Atiel before heading to the front desk.

He seems shocked by what took place, "You seem alright my dear but are you sure you are up to working today after such a traumatic experience?"


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"What! Mickey! You know how I feel about that blasted House! Why would you EVER get me mixed up with them after..."

Turning away from Mickey, Gauntlet punches a sturdy piece of furniture, denting if not breaking it. Then points at Mickey accusingly.

"You need the money. Do you not? Do not deny it."

Sitting unsteadily on the floor so he does not break anything, Gauntlet tries to focus, moving his feelings aside and trying to come at the problem with his intellect.

"Did you at least make sure...HE...is not involved?"

151 to 200 of 944 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.