Diremerc's Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master DireMerc

Loot sheet


1 to 50 of 860 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The town of Torch has long enjoyed a singular claim to prosperity—a violet flame that burns atop Black Hill in the heart of the town. This flame burns incredibly hot, and while it’s usually the size of a bonfire, several times a year the fires spew up into the heavens in a brilliant beam of purple violence. These eruptions are presaged by about an hour of soft rumbling, giving nearby smiths a chance to retreat before the fires can consume them. At all other times, the violet energies allow for the smelting of all manner of skymetal. Torch is one of the only locations where skymetal can be worked with relative ease outside of Starfall, and its entire economy has risen around these purple flames, with traveling smiths coming from across Avistan to pay for the opportunity to work with them. Of course, Torch needs all the visiting trade and coin it can gather, for while the town’s distance from Starfall makes it inconvenient for the Technic League to maintain a permanent presence here, the taxes and tariffs it charges the Numerian town on a monthly basis are significant. The town prospers, but the bulk of its income does not belong to it. Which is why, when the fires atop the hill suddenly go out, the town is in trouble.

It has now been over two weeks since the town's namesake torch has gone out. Since then the town council has hired several groups of adventurers and mercenaries and sent them into the cavern complex under the town to try and reach the source of the flame and find out why the torch has gone out. Without that flame the town is doomed. So far 4 expeditions have been sent and only one returned. the Council is now preparing a 5th expedition with the dual purpose of finding out what happened to the other 4, and completing the original task if possible.

You are among the people that have gathered to take part in the 5th expedition.


'Male' Android Psychic 1 [ HP: 7/7 | AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 | F: +0 R: +1 W: +3 | Init: +1 Perc: +7, Darkvision 60', Low-light vision | Effects: none]

.


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

At first glance, Kurgu appears a lean, hide-wearing Kellid savage, not long out of his teens. His hair and eyes are as brown as his armour, his skin a deep tan from the badlands sun. But that skin bears red kill-mark tattoos to show his success against monsters - the iron fiends whom his people oppose - and those eyes are sharp and thoughtful. A cestus covers his right forearm and he carries a mighty lucerne hammer of simple but brutal design over his shoulders.

And he is concerned. The wizard Khonnir had spoken of caves underneath Torch hill, and of a deactivated robot. But he has disappeared.

And damn it, those responsible will pay!

The Council recruiters are likely surprised when Kurgu storms up.

"I, Kurgu of the Kellid, volunteer to enter the caves. Who will join me, if any?"


Male Half Elf Investigator 1

What about Val? Do I know anything about her whereabouts?

A somewhat sharply dressed half-elf stands amongst the crowd, a young adult with long black hair steps forward adorned by a rather nice-looking robe. He speaks and says, "I owe a great deal to an old friend, and I believe I can at least start repaying my debt to him by helping out. Count me in." He takes a deep breath before continuing "And besides that, I'd rather know the truth for myself."

Also prepared Shield and Bomber's Eye


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

"Know ye Khonnir the wizard? He said that he had found a robot, as if asleep in the caves and tunnels lost under Torch Hill. But the robot is gone, as is he."


Male Half Elf Investigator 1

"Know him? He practically raised me....and he's the one I owe my life to." Phineas gives a sad smile.


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

Kurgu claps a wiry, muscled hand on the half-elf's shoulder.

"If Khonnir lives, we will bring him back out of that hill. And if he is fallen, we will avenge him and then mourn him together."


Val lives at Khonnir's home (right behind the tavern and foundry) and runs the tavern she can usually be found at one place or the other

Dolga Freddert (old dwarf female) a member of the council approaches you "I'm glad to hear it, we've posted a reward of 4000 gold for Khonnir's safe return or the return of his body so we can have him resurrected if the worst happened." she says


Female Android Gray Paladin(Holy Gun) 1

The dusky-skinned individual that was part of the group had said nothing so far, but had been in town for about a week ("Traveling Judge" the rumor said) and she had been seen arbiting some issues that some had not wanted to bring before the council. They had also been seen at the local temple of Brigh, but that was a practically obvious thing, as a beautiful, full-sized mask of The Whisperer in Bronze was worn when they were arbitrating.

Her dark hair was bound back, thick braids comprising the tail that was tied with a bit of thong, its length enough to reach just past her shoulders. While there was an intensity about her, even in silence, it did not seem to be focused at anyone in particular, that just seemed to be her personality. Neither was she attractive in most of the ways that people noticed— jaw slightly stronger than most, eyes spaced just a touch wide– there was a certainty and confidence about her.

Her voice was not light, having been conditioned by her work to be assertive and it carried the same strength the rest of her exuded. "I will be able to aid you." Her long coat was leather, and reasonably well-worn and cared for. It was open in the front, which let everyone see the rumored mask at one hip, and a pistol at the other.


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

What would Kurgu know about androids, and if/how they are related to the robot monsters infesting the Badlands? And is he able to recognise Mira as one?


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

Kurgu eyes up the newcomer. He then nods, seemingly satisfied.

"Well met. I am Kurgu. And you?"


I cant say for certain what Kurgu would know about them. He may have met them before or at least have hear stories of artificial people who have very few emotions but I supposes that would ultimately be up to you. In any case he wouldn't know all the details just that while they are alive they are mostly machine


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

Okay. For now, Kurgu might wonder, but isn't sure that this isn't just a very straightforward-speaking human.


Male Dwarf
Stats:
HP(11/11) AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/17 Fort/Ref/Will 4/0/6 CMB/CMD +1/11 Init +0
Skills:
know (eng) +10, linguistics +7, craft (mechanical) +9, craft (sculpture) +9, Heal +8, Spellcraft +7, know (arcana) +7, know (history) +7
1 Cleric (Iron Priest)

Falvastar walks in a bit late. Though not the most physically imposing dwarf, aging into his middle years, no one can miss the spark of intelligence and curiosity in his eye. He walks in wearing a time worn set of scale mail with a shield and battleaxe on his back. Anyone familiar with Torch will know him as the local sculptor and metal worker. His friendship with Khonnir goes back over a decade, as does his interest and study of technology. Picking clay and wiring from his most recent project out of his beard, he peers around at the others already gathered.

"Ah, it is good to see so many others gathered to go find Khonnir. I'm a bit more hopeful about finding my old friend now."

Once he sees Phineas, he smiles and walks over to shake his hand.

"Ah Phineas it's been a while. Val will be happy to know you're back and helping look for Khonnir."


Male Half Elf Investigator 1

Phineas gives a bright smile when he sees an old face approach him. He returns his handshake "Falv! It's so good to see you." After the dwarf mentions Val, Phineas says, "Yeah, I've been meaning to see her once I returned to town. How goes the shop? Manage to bring your art to life so to speak?"


Male Dwarf
Stats:
HP(11/11) AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/17 Fort/Ref/Will 4/0/6 CMB/CMD +1/11 Init +0
Skills:
know (eng) +10, linguistics +7, craft (mechanical) +9, craft (sculpture) +9, Heal +8, Spellcraft +7, know (arcana) +7, know (history) +7
1 Cleric (Iron Priest)

"The shop is still standing. Managed to control some rope I animated for the first time the other day. Still a ways off from moving my sculptures, but it shows that I'm getting a little bit closer everyday."


Do you have any questions you would like to ask the council members while you are there?


Male Half Elf Investigator 1

"Oh, before I forget. There's some things I need to ask the council members. We'll have plenty of time to catch up during the investigation proper." Phineas approaches one of them, pulls out his notebook, and says, "According to my sources, there was one group of explorers that made it back unscathed. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Which group number were they when they were sent out? Did they explore the same area as any of the groups that have disappeared? Who was in this group, and where can I find them for any followup questions that I have regarding this particular line of reasoning?"

Should I roll Diplomacy to Gather Information for this?


Female Android Gray Paladin(Holy Gun) 1

Mira looked at the Kellid for a long moment, the pause stretching as she eyed Kurgu just as he had done to her. A few seconds of contemplation later, her response was measured. "My name is Mira. Well met." Any following comment was lost when the dwarf walked in, and then was immediately engaged by the half-elf. The questions were valid though, and the council received her attention as she looked to see what their answers were going to be.


TN Female Strix shifter 3, HP: 20 / 20 (-/-), aspect: 6/6 min, current aspect: -, -/10 rounds

Walking back into the wooden log cabin, she looked rather bloody, with the body of a small antelope hanging around her neck with the legs and head in front. I see the hunt was rewarding, Gal, Rikus spoke as was stacking another fur of a few days ago hunt, Hope that one is not so ripped like this fur, ending off with a chuckle.

Well this one was a quick death, dropping the animal by the door.

Rikus walked over to see the new arrival, Our order is a little concern that the flame at torch is still out. You know these alien wrecks are dangerous to the nature, some of the wrecks poisoning the land, mutating the animals. They like you to go to Torch to find out what is actually going on with the flame. While there can just as well take these few skins to the George, I sure he is in need of them. Try to get good coin for them.

Torch flame gone out. Wow! Never thought I hear that story. I go see what is happening there. Well after I get cleaned up.


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

Kurgu would surely know Falvastar from his shop, having passed through Torch pretty often himself.

"Well met, Falvastar. It is good to see you."

Kurgu turns to the council member.

"I have a question. Do you have any idea what became of the deactivated robot that Khonnir found?"


“The first group had five members including Khonnir. They found caves that are inhabited by several enormous vermin and other scavengers, along with some strange humanoids who had the ability to blend into the cave walls becoming almost invisible(like chameleons), and a nest of gremlins. Khonnir believed this indicated a deeper connection in the caves to the Darklands, but of more immediate interest was his discovery of a wall of solid metal deep in the caves. A wall made of a skymetal alloy called glaucite. He said it was like the kind we mine from the hills and surrounding plains, but formed into a structure with doors. It was near one of these doors that Khonnir found the broken automaton that he brought back after his first expedition. They did not find the members of the previous expedition but they assume they were killed by the afore mentioned dangers. All the members of the expedition that returned went back in a second time after they had some rest...The automaton was left in Khonnir's workshop, Val is looking after it.”


Male Dwarf
Stats:
HP(11/11) AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/17 Fort/Ref/Will 4/0/6 CMB/CMD +1/11 Init +0
Skills:
know (eng) +10, linguistics +7, craft (mechanical) +9, craft (sculpture) +9, Heal +8, Spellcraft +7, know (arcana) +7, know (history) +7
1 Cleric (Iron Priest)

He nods at Kurgu and then listens as the council members respond to his question.

"Hmm it would be best to go examine the robot before we move into the cave. Might be able to pull some information about that skymetal door and what's behind it."


Female Android Gray Paladin(Holy Gun) 1

Mira was curious about the automaton, and certainly agreed with... Falvastar, the Kellid— Kurgu– had called him. She was not certain about how much information that they could get from it, with it being in the workshop, but it was definitely worth a look. "It would be worth a look", she concurred, with a nod to the dwarf. "There is still someone's life on the line, so we should not delay if we can help it."

'Hmm... Enormous vermin, camoflauged humanoids, and gremlins. Fire can work for the vermin, have to remember to get some oil. Perhaps we can talk to the humanoids, maybe. Gremlins, though...' She turned towards the council member, curious. "Has communication been established with these humanoids you mention?" The look on her face was curious, thinking it odd that they were mentioned, but not spoken to.


"No I'm told they were quite hostile and nobody understood anything they said" replies the councilor


Male Half Elf Investigator 1

Phineas starts jotting down the notes. Greaaaat, nobody from the first expedition was in town, just what he needed. Sounds like those caves would be a good start, though that was already suggested by Kurgu. "And what about witnesses? Do we have a person of interest who would have been the last person to see Khonnir? Well, someone in town, I mean, obviously the expedition party that went back in won't be of any use right now."


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

Kurgu interjects.

"Once we know who in town has seen Khonnir, we should speak with them straight away. Split up if needs be to meet many, and to quickly examine the robot. Khonnir may not have much time left."


Your talking like nobody knows were Khonnir is but he didn't mysteriously vanish or anything after he came back with the robot he rested for a day and then he (along with the members of his expedition) went back in for a second attempt and didn't return. If you want to find Khonnir you should be going underground but it is a good idea to go see Val first


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

Perhaps I worded my last post poorly. Kurgu intends to visit Val.


In any case you head to the workshop were the disabled robot is being held and as you approach the building you hear a loud crash and the sound of a woman screaming. You rush inside and find and humanoid machine standing near a broken table. Val is cornered and is trying to hold the thing back with a chair.

robot

It hasn't noticed you yet so your go first.


Male Dwarf
Stats:
HP(11/11) AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/17 Fort/Ref/Will 4/0/6 CMB/CMD +1/11 Init +0
Skills:
know (eng) +10, linguistics +7, craft (mechanical) +9, craft (sculpture) +9, Heal +8, Spellcraft +7, know (arcana) +7, know (history) +7
1 Cleric (Iron Priest)

"Val!"

Falv rushes inside and, seeing the situation, immediately runs up and puts his axe in the robots back.

attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

Seeing the deadly machine, Kurgu releases a guttural roar, as he swings his hammer at its back. He is able to keep it at reach. 10 ft away

Lucerne Hammer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Damage (inc trait bonus vs robots: 1d12 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10


Missing a few more actions the robot is very badly damaged already wouldn't take much to finish it off.


Female Android Gray Paladin(Holy Gun) 1

While the others were engaging with the robot, Mira looked at Val? Given the enthusiasm of the others, there was no way that she could shoot it, but just the same, she did not want to leave it to injure the non-combatant. Provided that there was a space that she could reach that were not either occupied by Kurgu and Falvastar, she added her weapon to the subdual of the robot.
__________________
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, Crit?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3, Crit damage?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half Elf Investigator 1

Phineas quickly draws his short sword and rushes to cut any exposed wires on the machine. The sooner it shuts down the better, though he thought it was too bad that they'd have to junk the robot, but Val is a lot more important than some hunk of metal.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 | Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Mira moves up and with a decisive blow drops the robot for good.

"Be careful...It was dead before and it somehow repaired itself while I wasn't looking." says Val

However looking at it the machine seems completely inert.


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

Kurgu slams the robot again for good measure.

"Your warning I take, Val. Do you know where Khonnir is? We seek him."


"Nobody has seen him since he went back down to were he found this thing" she says giving the machine a good kick and wincing as she hurts her foot. "It's been days I fear the worst may have happened."


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

"Can you tell us any more about the route?


Male Half Elf Investigator 1

"Still getting into trouble I see," Phineas gave a light verbal jab at his childhood friend. "Still though, I'm glad you're okay."


Female Android Gray Paladin(Holy Gun) 1

Mira was intrigued by the robot. While the others were talking with Val, she was listening with one ear, inspecting the robot. If it repaired itself when she was not paying attention, that was something to be careful of.
______________________
K.(engineering): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Dwarf
Stats:
HP(11/11) AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/17 Fort/Ref/Will 4/0/6 CMB/CMD +1/11 Init +0
Skills:
know (eng) +10, linguistics +7, craft (mechanical) +9, craft (sculpture) +9, Heal +8, Spellcraft +7, know (arcana) +7, know (history) +7
1 Cleric (Iron Priest)

Falv walks over to Val and gives her a once over.

"Did that contraption hurt you Val?" He says, readying a healing spell.


"No I'm fine, thanks Fal" she replies

Mira examines the machine and notices that it has repair nanites (androids have them too). However it's supply has been deplete. It wont be repairing itself again.


Male Dwarf
Stats:
HP(11/11) AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/17 Fort/Ref/Will 4/0/6 CMB/CMD +1/11 Init +0
Skills:
know (eng) +10, linguistics +7, craft (mechanical) +9, craft (sculpture) +9, Heal +8, Spellcraft +7, know (arcana) +7, know (history) +7
1 Cleric (Iron Priest)

Knowing Val is fine, Fal moves over to the robot to see if he'd be able to repair and reprogram it given enough time.
know(eng): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
craft (mechanical): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

After looking it over, he'll drag the robot over to his workshop and lock it up for safety.


It would be possible but will require time and some parts.


Male Dwarf
Stats:
HP(11/11) AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/17 Fort/Ref/Will 4/0/6 CMB/CMD +1/11 Init +0
Skills:
know (eng) +10, linguistics +7, craft (mechanical) +9, craft (sculpture) +9, Heal +8, Spellcraft +7, know (arcana) +7, know (history) +7
1 Cleric (Iron Priest)

Hmm. If I can find some parts I can fix this up. I wonder if I can find what I need behind the mysterious door while we look for Khonnir.


You examine the robot and you recognize it as a type of guardian machine commonly found in and around scrapwall that guard certain locations against intruders. The technic league has actually capture and reprogrammed a large number of these and use them to police certain cities.

There isn't really more you can do here so you move on and go to enter the cave. The entrance is on a beach not far from Torch and it is partially submerge with the water being around 3 feet high.


Human (Kellid) Barbarian 17/29 hp, 0 non-lethal damage, rage

Seeing that Val is okay and that the robot is unlikely to rise again without repairs, Kurgu is itching to go.

"I am happy to go first unless someone here has a keener talent for scouting."


Male Half Elf Investigator 1

As soon as they left Val's prescence, Phineas breathes out a sigh of relief. Afterwards, the group went to the cave, Kurgu spoke up wanting to lead the charge obviously.

"I've been known for my keen eye," Phineas steps up. "Though, I won't stop you from going first, I'll keep a close eye on things."

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

I CAN SEE EVERYTHING! KIRBY I CAN SEE THE FUTURE!


Male Dwarf
Stats:
HP(11/11) AC/Touch/Flat 17/10/17 Fort/Ref/Will 4/0/6 CMB/CMD +1/11 Init +0
Skills:
know (eng) +10, linguistics +7, craft (mechanical) +9, craft (sculpture) +9, Heal +8, Spellcraft +7, know (arcana) +7, know (history) +7
1 Cleric (Iron Priest)

"My talents lie in fixing people when they break, so i'll let the rest of you go ahead."

1 to 50 of 860 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Iron Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.