DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


201 to 250 of 4,822 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

As the party continues on with Anna again taking the lead, Janiven will ask to switch with Tal. I saw what you did with that goblin, perhaps you should go before me and keep an eye on our 'friend'. I will keep a lookout for the arrows.

@Raveen: About 20 feet in front of you, the tunnel turns.

DC10 Perception Check:
You hear the sound of something shuffling around the turn.

EDIT: Tactical Map updated.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal nods his agreement to Janiven on both accounts. Not a problem Janiven. Just make sure to keep Morosimo safe. He is too young to be done here. Meanwhile, I will keep my eyes peeled as well for the arrows but it will be good to know you are watching my back.

Tal looks over the group quickly as Janiven and himself switch places. Anna has skills but she does not say for sure what they are. Naberius has magic for what that is worth a,not with a smug attitude. Mera has a quality voice and some wit about her while The other lady has a calming touch even if she is a little promiscuous. The gentleman in back is still a complete mystery though. Quite a collection of people, Tal muses aloud to no one in particular as he makes his forward.

If Tal can make the perception check or only Anna:

Perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Stopping suddenly Tal lifts his hand up whispering a soft but urgent Stop! Something up ahead.

Tal keeps sword and shield ready for whatever is coming around the bend.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15
Janiven wrote:
It will help buy some more tian silk...

Mera straightens up and tilts her head to the side about ten degrees. She clucks her tongue and says, "Well... I do enjoy Tian silk..."


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"And I enjoy removing said silk." Monday can't help but chime in.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Tuesday looks as if to put his face in his hand again but stops and begrudgingly shifts his head from side to side in agreement.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

"Remember what I said about compensation? Consider this a signing bonus! She will glance at Mera, It will help buy some more tian silk... "

Anna bites down an objection as she hears Janiven.
The money cannot be traced back, Raveen thinks. But it is loot of battle...legitimate coin. But if this meant cementing the 'signing up', Janiven is quite cunning to appeal to greed with this unofficial contract. Turning back after receiving this coin would be very difficult--since if she falls, all of us do as well.
Well...all but those who can use their blood or coin,
Raveen added. But all things considered--a noble family with a child this deep in the grime would more easily remove their names rather than fall with them.

Anna would relinquish her cut, so to not doom herself to joining this untitled revolution.

Anna takes a side glance at Janiven as she approaches the corner, before pausing. As quietly as she can (27 Stealth), she pulls out a small steel hand-mirror from her pouch, keeping the mirror very low to the floor, reflecting whatever could be behind the corner as quietly as could be.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

What does Anna see behind the corner?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

What Anna Sees:
She sees two humanoids with decaying flesh and one completely devoid of any flesh at all!

If Anna shares what she sees:
1 surprise round before initiatives.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Anna shares as silently as she could, before sneaking back behind the rest, mumbling, "Talk about skeletons in the closet--we have zombies in the sewers.".

I assume it would require the less-stealthy members of the team to also roll stealth? Anna is not a front-line fighter by any means.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Whispering to Anna and the rest trying to understand the tactical implications of the situation. Nice work Anna but please tell me. How wide is the path and how many are there? Is there a way to gang up on them or must we meet 1 on 1? What's the best way to destroy those things?

I am fine taking the front but I don't want this to turn into a situation where everyone is just waiting on me since I am in the front. I am willing to go prone for the shooters and stand up afterwards if needs be.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Anna runs her hand through her hair, and sniffs silently at the disgusting smell, keeping her mouth covered with a cloth.

"Shoulder-to-shoulder, like over 'ere. It's no junction, ya know. But why you askin' me? I'm no soldier," Anna muffles through, interested at what he might suggest.

Off-character, I would second the suggestion for dropping prone--although rising up subjects you to attacks of opportunity. All things considered, that would not be a problem--not with the state of their weapons (if they have any), or your armor class.
There is also the ability to tumble through an enemy's square...but that's probably Janiven's call.
The option to grapple is an interesting one--Janiven would probably get sneak attacks in if she's a rogue, and one round would be enough to finish them. Top it off with a trip down the sewage and it would be interesting to see.
Anna attracted too much attention already--and two zombies probably represent an insignificant investment of magical might on behalf of Naberius and Mera.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

At the mention of the undead, Naberius stiffens ever so slightly. Being as pale as he is, there is no other visible component to his terror. With a few controlled breaths, he manages to maintain his calm.

"There... There is no way for us to avoid them, then...?" He asks faintly, already knowing the answer.

Knowledge (Religion) to identify skeletons: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Knowledge (Religion) to identify zombies: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Naberius sighs, and nods to Tal's sword, whispering, "That should be effective in dealing with the the zombies, but a blunt weapon would be ideal for the skeletal menace. No flesh to cut through. However, seeing how effective you were in dealing with the goblins, I think you will do just fine against that one as well. They tend to be quite fragile. One solid blow from you should reduce it to splinters, whatever weapon you are using..."

The nobleman takes a step back, muttering, "Ah, if you do not mind, I will keep my distance. I see no need to waste magical energy on these creatures, steel should do quite nicely. I will reserve my spells for the Hellknights, should they choose to appear..."

Naberius will stand by to assist if things get out of hand, but otherwise he will stay far away from the undead...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Anna notices the tone of Naberius's voice.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Alright...with this check, Raveen might draw an entirely off conclusion. For now, let's just say that Raveen suspects Naberius has some...less than savory interests.
We got to make a joke out of this. A ghoulfriend? He loves women with brains? She's got a body to die for? They're real--not mine, but real?
The possibilities are endless.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal considers the option carefully as Anna describes the layout to them. Whispering his plan he lays it out quickly. Those that can fire ranged weapons line up from here. I will advance forward and draw them out. Once they are past the second corner I drop and use my shield to cover myself while the rest of you unload on them. If that isn't working then I will rise up and do a fighting withdrawal back to this corner, but that will limit the effectiveness of those behind. If anyone has other ideas let me know otherwise let's get this over with so we can keep moving.

Naberius, if they are too resistant to my attacks and the ranged attacks are you able to use that stick of yours to injure them or doesn't it work that way?

I am thinking that the ranged attacks will take a penalty for firing into melee but with Tal being prone there will not be any cover penalty. Standard action to use towershield to cover myself prevents any attacks from hitting me but still effectively blocking the way past. Should be quick and easy with no threat or loss other than some arrows or bolts.

Also I am not opposed to doing this the old fashioned way and just moving up and hacking them to bits but that limits everyone else.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera hesitates a second as she processes what she's told. When the large man with the shield gives order she eventually snaps to and draws her crossbow and loads a bolt. She mutters, "I hope I don't hit you, it sounds awfully tight in there."


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Must resist... urge... to make comment...

Following Mera's lead Monday will likewise draw her cross bow and load a bolt.

Can't access map at work :(


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
Also I am not opposed to doing this the old fashioned way and just moving up and hacking them to bits but that limits everyone else.

It seems like the best option anyway, although Mera wants to pull off the crossbowing.

So Anna will sit this one out.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
Tal considers the option carefully as Anna describes the layout to them. Whispering his plan he lays it out quickly. Those that can fire ranged weapons line up from here. I will advance forward and draw them out. Once they are past the second corner I drop and use my shield to cover myself while the rest of you unload on them. If that isn't working then I will rise up and do a fighting withdrawal back to this corner, but that will limit the effectiveness of those behind. If anyone has other ideas let me know otherwise let's get this over with so we can keep moving.

Naberius fidgets with one of the rings on his left hand, and tries to answer in an even tone, "Normal arrows and crossbow bolts would do very little against either opponent. The zombies have no functioning organs for the bolts to pierce, and thus need to be dismembered in order to stop their function. The same projectiles would be as likely to sail right between the skeleton's ribcage as to cause any significant damage..."

Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
Naberius, if they are too resistant to my attacks and the ranged attacks are you able to use that stick of yours to injure them or doesn't it work that way?

"This wand should be effective against just about any foe. The projectiles are pure... You know what, nevermind. You will make short work of them, I assure you. I will be ready to offer covering fire, but I see no reason for Lady Mera or... Anyone else," Naberius glances at Monday, "to waste any ammunition. Myself the least of all. These wands are quite a bit more costly than mere arrows or bolts..."

Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
Also I am not opposed to doing this the old fashioned way and just moving up and hacking them to bits but that limits everyone else.

I think this is the best way to proceed. The rest of us will get our moments to shine, I'm sure.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

I that case change of plans. Going to go with the old fashioned way.

Surprise round action...

Tal moves forward quickly to take the corner of the sewers. That way another can get behind him and attack from a defensible position.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Knowledge Zombies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Knowledge Skeletons: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Mera racks her brain for information on the undead. "I concur, from what I do know about the zombies someone is going to need to get up close personal with a blade."

Mera shoots glances at Tal and Tuesday. "These my chip away at them but unlikely to stop them before they close the distance. They're quite slow from what I've heard but extremely tough."

Mera leaves out her lack of knowledge on the subject of Skeletons.

GM If you're not ok with my inferred knowledge of zombies, let me know and I'll rewrite it.

Mera lowers the crossbow and asks Tal, "Would you care for some musical accompaniment to guide your through the throes of battle?"


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Surprise Round

Anna goes back and tells the group what she sees. Mera offers some real helpful advice about what she thinks are zombies, but does not mention the skeleton. Something about the undead seems to shake Naberius and Monday and Mera load their crossbows. Tal, hearing that brute strength seems to be the best option, goes around the corner weapon at the ready. Janiven will follow, sheathing her sword.

If someone else would rather take Janiven's place behind Tal, let me know and we will switch it. I don't want the NPC to have all the fun, but I don't want it to be a RP issue as well, i.e. why is she hanging back etc. Or if someone was to do the dice rolls for Janiven and RP for her while in combat, I'm cool with that as well.

Round 1

Initiative:

Mera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Monday/Tuesday: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Naberius/Vasco: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Raveen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Tal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Janiven: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Z1: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Z2: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
S: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Initiative Order
S (?/?)
Mera (9/9)
Raveen (9/9)
Monday/Tuesday (9/9)
Tal (12/12)
Naberius/Vasco (8/8)
Z1 (?/?)
Janiven (24/24)
Z2 (?/?)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Surprise Round/Round 1 (Doesn't really matter which, Naberius won't do anything but move.)

Naberius reluctantly inches foward, to where he can see the creatures, but far away that they cannot reach him. He does his best to not look directly at the shambling corpses.

Move to V5. Janiven can go wherever she wishes, but Naberius won't go any closer to the undead unless forced.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Surprise Round
Anna will remain with the girls, trying to figure when Tuesday comes to play. Can he phase through the wall and attack?


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Been trying to decide on that, he has to end his turn in empty space and the movement costs double, so for the surprise round probably not.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Calling back to Mera as he advances, Uh, sure why not. It did seem to lift the spirits a bit and make swinging the sword easier. I will let you know when they are gone though so you don't ruin your voice down here. This filth and rot must permeate the air and do something terrible to your voice if you are not careful.

Round 1

Tal sees the onslaught coming from the creature and was ready for it. He pushes the claws out of his way leaving the rib cage open for a slash. Using as much force as he can Tal tries to drive the blade around to smash the ribs and sever the vertebral column.

Power attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 +1 each if Mera is singing

If that is enough to destroy the creature Tal will step up to face the rest allowing the others to fill in behind to shoot.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera is caught off guard by the response.

Ruin my voice?

"Erm. Perhaps you're right. Next time then. I do not want to ruin my voice. Best of luck my Tall, I shall be here if things get terrible."

She clears her throat and instead reaches into her pack and withdraws that bottle Monday tossed to her. She opens it and takes a sip and offers it around, "Anyone?"


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Nodding in thanks Monday will gladly take a drink from the bottle before handing it back to Mera, eagerly awaiting their honor guard to clear the way.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera whispers to Monday, "Do you think he's any good at what he's doing? You know, taking the lead and getting all, you know, all slashing and engaging with these monstrosities?"


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday leans in slightly to return the whisper. "He's armored and he's got a shield. Right now that makes him worlds better at holding the line than us."


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera nods, "Agreed. I'm quite pleased he is leading. Because, well, I would prefer to keep my distance from all manner of undead given the choice."


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

A subtle smirk seeps onto Monday's face. "They're not all bad. Most of them yes, espically the rotting ones. But not all of them."


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Tuesday arches an eyebrow at his sister's comment but keeps his attention on the goings-on ahead.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)
Tuesday Daud wrote:
Been trying to decide on that, he has to end his turn in empty space and the movement costs double, so for the surprise round probably not.

So it can be done? I do hope this combat round goes quickly; the sewers is not the best place to fight.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 1

The skeleton in the back rattles his bones in frustration as he cannot get to the human. The lead zombie is severly cut by Tal and staggers but does not fall. He attempts to slam the human warrior in retailiation...

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

and misses. The second zombie just stares blankly.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

As the zombies are at the bottom of the init I am assuming next round...

Round 2

Tal's blade found the purchase he was looking for last time but he abomination before im still would not fall. Stealing himself for a longer protracted ordeal Tal reverses his swing, this time neck high, trying to decapitate it. AS the swing commenced Tal could hear Mera call him her 'Tall'. the ignomity of it all gives Tal that little extra oomph.

power attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
crit confirm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Tal's aim was true as the blade connected perfectly. If it does fall Tal calls back as he steps forward, 1 down, everyone ok back there?

Round 3 if you want:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Round 4 as well:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Round 5...:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Those that want to fire ranged weapons please go ahead.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Nice crit! Not sure if the next swings hit, though. Doesn't Janiven have a bow? Is she trying to shoot? She might have a chance of actually hitting something...

"Hm? Yes, absolutely fantastic. Could not be merrier," Naberius answers absently, keeping his gaze firmly on the opposite wall, "Please let me know if you require assistance..."

Naberius will keep delaying until his help is asked for, specifically. The only thing we are losing here so far is time, so I don't think I need to waste any charges from my wand.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

*looks at map* Pffft, we can't help even if we wanted too, can't curve bolts that much lol

Monday stands at the ready, not at all that urgent since Tal seemed to have a hand of things.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

On hearing Tal fell an opponent and his voice following to confirm Tuesday's features lighten ever so slightly, he was worried he might have had to start using some of his tricks.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 2

The lead zombie collabses in a heap as Tal decapitates the undead creature. He steps forward and the second zombie tries to slam Tal.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

and misses.

Round 3

Tal, momentarily confused by the wine party happening behind him, misses the zombie and the zombie...

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

misses him.

Round 4

Tal, tired of playing with the zombie, cuts it in half and takes a step forward. The skeleton will try to claw the human warrior...

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

and misses.

He will need to roll a nat 20 to hit your 22 AC!

Round 5

Tal misses the skeleton, almost as if to play with him and as the skeleton misses with its claws, Tal cracks the skeleton's skull.

With it almost impossible to hit you, and only you needing one good hit, I figure it will be 1 or 2 rounds before the inevitable happens.

Out of Round mode

Nice work! Janiven says, I was going to shoot some arrows, but you were doing such a good job I didn't want to distract you! She turns to everyone. It isn't much further, thank Desna!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Hearing Tal's mighty blow finish the last of the undead, Naberius' countenance settles to that of grim satisfaction. He rounds the corner, looking at the devastation the now gore-covered giant left behind as he advanced through the tunnel. Now that the corpses have ceased their unnatural animation, they seem to not bother the conjurer.

He sighs with relief, and applauds the warrior, "Good work, soldier. Tal, was it? You are certainly efficient..."

It costs nothing to be polite, as his grandmother used to say. It would be good to have such a stalwart protector when the Hellknights came looking for him...


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Yeah, keep up the good work Tal!" Monday merrily calls out from around the bend.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

"Could we shove them into the water?" Anna asks, knowing that the diseases they bear might strike them soon.

She peers over the corner at the fetid corpses, and turns a bit to Naberius.

"You seem learned in the higher arts, Mr. Belthrune. Do corpses just happen to move again--or is the evil behind these still around here?" she asks, holding tightly to her dagger, and looking pointedly at the room to the north.

Raveen suspects a necromancer in the sewers. Corpses do not spontaneously decide to take a walk--even in Golarion. Can we make a check of some sort?

1d20 ⇒ 4

Please consider any skill modifier to add to my dice roll. Anna also holds her action towards any threat arriving from the door, having moved to W7 if it is empty, or the closest tile to W7.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Anna Kelyn wrote:

She peers over the corner at the fetid corpses, and turns a bit to Naberius.

"You seem learned in the higher arts, Mr. Belthrune. Do corpses just happen to move again--or is the evil behind these still around here?" she asks, holding tightly to her dagger, and looking pointedly at the room to the north.

Naberius glances scornfully at the bodies, and scoffs, "Higher arts? Necromancy is not my speciality, and in truth I find the whole practise unbecoming of a gentleman..."

He turns to Anna and reluctantly continues, "Unfortunately, I have been unable to avoid learning the basics. Yes, usually creatures such as these are created to serve as tools by necromancers or dark priests. However, the walking dead are known to rise spontaneously as well. The mindless kind usually do so after coming to contact with a powerful source of negative energy, usually through the careless practises of the aforementioned parties. Perhaps the sewers open to an desecrated catacomb somewhere, and these cadavers simply wandered in by chance. Assuming there is a necromancer here, he must be especially unambitious make his den is such place, and leave it guarded only by these pathetic wretches..."

Realising that he had begun to rant, Naberius trails off, ending his tirade with a tired sigh.

"Excuse me for my outburst, I find the subject abhorrent in every way. Yes, let us proceed with caution..."

Again, making some assumptions here. I should have enough training in relevant skills to know this much, I think...

Also, just to be clear, Naberius has been very careful not to mention his family name. Can't be too careful in this company... :P


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

DC15 Knowledge History:
You remember hearing of an evil cult that operated in the sewers and was destroyed by adventurers. Rumors existed that some of their undead 'subjects' escaped into the sewers and have been the cause of some unlucky sewer explorer's disappearences ever since.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

I was already typing an addendum based on the ninja'd spoiler above, but that is probably something Naberius wouldn't know, being so new to the city and all that... Someone local might want to roll instead.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Those with strong wills and emotions, or great ties to the mortal world can also find themselves rising again after being slain. And not all of them are mindless." Monday adds in a matter-of-factly voice as she approaches the curve with the others.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal props himself against the wall of the sewers as he settles himself from the brief but still intense fight. Twice Tal was saved from the claws of the creatures by his shield and for each time he gavea quick thanks to Gorum for his health. Tal was not overly religious but was wise enough to give thanks when it was do.

After catching his breath Tal looks back as Naberius approaches. Getting the heartfelt thanks Tal nods his direction. Thank you and yes the name is Tal. We each have our skills and mine as you can see has been dedicated to the sword and shield. I am glad I have learned their use as it has served me well today and also in the past.

Hearing Anna call up about the bodies Tal straightens up and uses the base of his shield to slide the bodies into the water after he gives them a quick look without touching them directly.

perception for valuables 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet
Monday Daud wrote:
"Those with strong wills and emotions, or great ties to the mortal world can also find themselves rising again after being slain. And not all of them are mindless." Monday adds in a matter-of-factly voice as she approaches the curve with the others.

These did seem quite mindless as they just stood there trying to hit me. There were no tactics nor any response as I swung at them. Perhaps it is as Anna suggests and there is someone down here controlling them. If that person needs to be in close proximity then they could be behind this door. Tal shrugs his shoulders getting his armor situated just right after having needed it just recently. Once it is in a comfortable position Tal looks to the others before making to open the door.

perception check on door 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Monday Daud wrote:
"Those with strong wills and emotions, or great ties to the mortal world can also find themselves rising again after being slain. And not all of them are mindless." Monday adds in a matter-of-factly voice as she approaches the curve with the others.

Naberius grimaces, and objects, "Those whose passions and selfishness run unchecked, would be more accurate. Those who know no world beyond their own, minuscule part of the greater whole..."

He moves carefully towards the door after Tal, but keeps his distance, wand at the ready.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Moving up behind Naberius she clasps a hand on his shoulder as she leans up to whisper in his ear. "One does not carry their half-dead sister miles to save her while his own life is forced out of his body with his every step out of selfishness. You would do well to learn more of what you lecture about." Resting her feet back down she puts on her usual goofy smile. "Though I will agree with you on the other two points."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius looks to Monday with a mixture of confusion about what exactly she is talking about, and outrage at being touched. He opens his mouth to say something, but whatever he sees in the woman's eyes makes him stay silent. Shooting an unnerved glance towards Tuesday, he turns back towards the door, looking quite uncharacteristically puzzled.

201 to 250 of 4,822 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.