DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


101 to 150 of 4,795 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal actually gives a small smile. "Hmm, I thought I was the mouthy one."


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera widens her eyes and her pinched-nose nasally voice says, "Oh. My apologies Tal. But this begs the question. A three letter name, as you so graciously took the time to spell out for me which was quiiiiite kind of you, is usually short for something. Talritticus perhaps? Or maybe Taldor? Ohhh. Oh My!"

Acting!: 1d20 ⇒ 18

She covers her mouth in a feigned gasp, lowers her voice to a whisper and asks conspiratorially, "Are you a Stavian? That explains your accent and why I misunderstood your name. Your secret is safe with me Tall, eh, Tal."

Rattle prattle, on she goes. This tunnel is QUITE long!


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday freezes as her eyes roll upward ever so slightly, obviously lost in thought. "Were you?... Or were you the Stuffy one? I can't remember..." She cups her chin in her hand and begins tapping a finger against her face, putting much of her thoughts onto the subject of nicknames.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

Shouldn't we wait for the GM's input before we begin moving? We need him to keep up the tension.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Yeah Tal is just talking and planning at this point waiting for Janiven to come back. Sorry if that got lost in translation when I told Morosimo to lead on. I meant for when the time comes for him to lead on.

"Don't hurt yourself thinking about it." Tal whispers to Monday. At that point he hears Mera mention something about being a Taldor and Tal just turns back to the hole and waits for Janiven.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius scoffs at Monday, but glances worriedly at Tuesday's sudden movement. Something about that man still unnerved him...

Mera Wist-Thrune wrote:
Mera stifles a laugh and bites her lip. She clears her throat and says instead "Naaa-berius". Mera draws out the name a little more than required. "Why, have I had the pleasure of your aquaintance prior? Or is our first meeting destined to be one of slop and filth?"

For some reason Naberius finds it hard to remain insulted for too long when Mera is talking. He engages in some small talk, trying to remember why she looks so familiar to him...

"No, unfortunately not. I am merely a visitor to this fair city, though I did not anticipate getting to know it from this particular angle. But, I do believe I have heard of you, my lady. You sing at the opera, yes? The local nobility speak highly of your talents..."

I recognise those symbols... Thrune? That would explain the cheekbones. Some distant branch of the family tree, but still... Closer than mine. How curious. Has this apple fallen that far from the tree?

"Maybe once this is over I will get to attend one of your performances. It has been a while since I saw a proper opera... Unfortunately such recreational activities have always been subsidiary to my studies. I have read all the classics, of course, but my own recitals fail to capture the true grandeur of the work..."

Yeah, maybe we should give the GM some time to catch up. I do assume some of this dialogue is taking place once we start moving... :D


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Oh the poor, poor GM. To arrive and see Gameplay (23 new) may cause him a fit of anxiety! :D

When Tal snubs Mera says, "Hmm, your secret is safe with me."

She turns back to Naberius and lets go of her pinched nose and shows her pearly whites in a beaming smile. "Ah, why thank you. Your studies are more important than the arts? Ah, say it isn't so! You are a fan of the classics?"

Mera switches tongues, testing the acclaimed 'fan'. "Είστε ένας ανεμιστήρας υψηλής Chelish όπερα τότε, είστε τώρα; Είμαι εντυπωσιασμένος, οι περισσότεροι δεν μπορούν να ενοχλείται."

Azlanti:
"You are a fan of High Chelish opera then, are you now? I'm impressed, most can not be bothered."

Mera waits for a response with a slight smirk on her face, unsure the man before her is as he claims or a fraud. Leaning towards truth due to his personality and behavior, she still decides to put him to the test.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius flashes a surprisingly genuine smile at the singer, and replies:

"Δεν είναι απλώς τέχνη, είναι η κληρονομιά μας. Ο τελευταίος των πρώτων ανθρώπων θα μπορούσε να φύγει, αλλά η κληρονομιά του ζει σε εκλεκτός λαός του ..."

Azlanti:
"It is not merely art, it is our heritage. The Last of the First Humans might be gone, but his legacy lives on in his chosen people...

Naberius' speech is a bit more stiff and academic than Mera's, but his grammar and pronunciation are impeccable.

Seeking to test the singer himself, he also adds:

"...ან ასე ამბობენ. მაგრამ, როგორც მისი ქანდაკებები იშლება მტვერი და მის სწავლებებს წააგო ქარი ასაკის, რომელიც გაუძღვება ჩვენ ახლა? ვინც ჩვენ მოვუწოდებთ გადარჩენისათვის?"

Infernal:
"...or so they say. But as his statues crumble to dust and his teachings are lost to the wind of ages, who will guide us? Who do we call on for salvation?


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Seeing both Naberius and Mera leave Taldane behind she'll reach into her pocket and pull out a glass vial filled with what appears to be gray and white dust. Sprinkling some out onto her tongue she immediately begins flicking the appendage with obvious displeasure. "Tu și vorbi ta fantezie dracu."

Cast Comprehend Languages.

Varisian:

"F+@$ y'all and your fancy talk."

Don't know what language to use for Varisian, any suggestions?
Edited.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Monday Daud wrote:
Don't know what language to use for Varisian, any suggestions?

I prefer Hungarian or Romanian. :)


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
Naberius Belthrune wrote:
Monday Daud wrote:
Don't know what language to use for Varisian, any suggestions?
I prefer Hungarian or Romanian. :)

Good point.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera seems a little surprised when the man responds in kind. She tilts her head in deference, "Πράγματι, αυτό είναι."

Azlanti:
"Indeed, it is."

She could tell from his crisp R's and distinct C's that he was very practiced in the language, more so than she was. She had a natural talent for the language, it came easy, but she never really studied as this many obviously did.

When he switches to another language which is familiar yet far away, she frowns. She decides to switch it up and changes it once more.

She goes out on a whim and throws him the other language she's picked up on. While Azlanti leaves her lips like audible poetry, this one is much harsher and signs of lack of practice reveal themselves with a slight hesitation once more twice. Still. She wasn't going to let the man one-up her, she was a Wist-Thrune after all and had a reputation to uphold.

"Я боюсь, что ты больше ученый, чем I. Она, скорее всего, вы могли бы школа мне в этой игре языках, если мы должны были продолжать, не так ли? Откуда вы учились?"

Abbysal:
"I'm afraid you're more the scholar than I. It is likely you could school me in this game of languages if we were to continue on, no? Whence did you study?"

When Monday speaks in a language she does not understand, she assumes it is a dialect of Varisian which she has never studied or been learned in. She turns back to Monday with a smile, assuming she just is trying to participate in the conversation but has no idea what she is actually saying.

I've always liked Romanian for Varisan.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday smiles and nods at Mera before turning back to Naberius.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius ignores Monday's outburst. He nods at Mera with a thin smile, which seems to sour when the first syllables of Abyssal leave her tongue.

A Chelaxian opera singer who knows Abyssal but not Infernal? A Thrune by blood, no less! That is curious indeed...

"Συγχωρήστε με αν δεν απαντήσω σε είδος. Πιστέψτε με όταν λέω ότι γνωρίζω τη γλώσσα των δαιμόνων. Θα προτιμούσα να μην το χρησιμοποιήσετε αν μπορώ να το αποφύγει. Θα ήμουν ευτυχής να σας καθοδηγήσει αν θα θέλατε να μάθετε περαιτέρω, αλλά θα πρέπει να είστε προσεκτικοί για να μην το χρησιμοποιήσουν σε λάθος της εταιρείας, μήπως οι Εξεταστές νομίζετε ότι ένας δαίμονας-προσκυνητής..."

Azlanti:
"Forgive me if I don't respond in kind. Believe me when I say I know the language of Demons. I would rather not use it if I can avoid it. I would be happy to instruct you if you would like to learn further, but you should be careful not to use it in the wrong company, lest the Inquisitors think you a demon-worshipper..."

He rather pointedly leaves the question about his alma mater unanswered...

EDIT: Naberius was so enchanted by Mera, in fact, that he completely missed Monday was casting a spell! How unlike him... :P

Retroactive Spellcraft?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map
Naberius wrote:
"I am still waiting for a reply to my offer!"

"Don’t worry Master Naberius, we will make sure you are well compensated!” Janiven says as Naberius passes her.

Naberius wrote:
@GM Assuming you'll allow him to catch up. I though I was so clever leaving him up there, but as it turns out, it didn't really matter... :P

He is able to catch up with you all.

Tal wrote:
Seems like we have no choice but to join you right now. If we are found all of our heads will roll. I trust you, but still not that one. Pointing to the hole where Anna just disappeared. This is too much of a coincidence still to me. Raveen does not show up, She does. This Areal gets captured and now Hellknights arrive. the simplest answer is usually the best and that answer lies with her no doubt.

Janiven nods her head in agreement. ”Don’t worry Master Tal we will get to the bottom of this!” Janiven thinks of Arael in the hands of the Hellknights and quickly brushes it aside. I need to get these people to the safe house and safety! She thinks.

Mera wrote:
"You know this is Tian silk, right? I'm expecting to be reimbursed for this due to the security failures. This is not setting a great first impression I might add."

”Yes, Mistress Mera, we will see that you are compensated.” Janiven says with a slight eye roll as the woman passes.

Tal wrote:
Alright kid, Morosimo, is it? How do we get out of here? Lead on and I will be right behind you. Something shows up just duck behind me and keep your head down. As long as we don't get hit from 2 directions at once I and my shield will keep you safe.

”Yes, Sir, My name is Morosimo. I’m really sorry about leading them here, but don’t worry, I am real good keeping out of the way!”

Mera wrote:
Oh the poor, poor GM. To arrive and see Gameplay (23 new) may cause him a fit of anxiety! :D

Not at all! It has made me laugh reading the interactions between you all especially with the nicknames. It also takes my mind off all the snow I have to shovel tonight!

You here a loud, thud as Janiven drops the heavy trap door. After a few feet the tunnels open up to Westcrown’s famed sewers. Individual tunnels of the sewers are buttressed and rarely more than 5 feet high. Most tunnels are 10 feet wide, with a 3-foot-deep trench for sewage and water taking up half that width—even at peak flow the water level is an inch or more below the level of the walking side of the tunnel.

Janiven begins searching for something on the ground before saying excitedly, ”Aha! Here it is. Arael and I hid this down here for just such an emergency! She says as she activates the sunrod. She also slings a finely made longbow and a quiver of arrows across her back.

She makes her way to the front of line saying ‘excuse me’ and ‘pardon me’ as she passes by. ”Morosimo, why don’t you take the rear and I’ll take the front. Your hearing is better than mine! “ She then holds the sunrod to the wall and pointing out to Tal and anyone else can see. Arael and I mapped out these tunnels a few months back. We marked them with an arrow to point the way to the safe house.” She runs her finger over a crudely etched arrow into the wall. "If anyone gets separated, just follow the arrows to the safe house."

Raveen wrote:
Raveen intends to stay at the edges of sight in dim light, at least 60-70 ft. away (so long as there is still light for him to see with, Tal's Ever-burning Torch considered. He will be stealth-scouting. Later, when the time comes, he will surface and get some Streetwise checks to get a different account of how many people entered the tavern, and how they looked like.

As Anna makes her way to the front, Janiven stops her. ”And where do you think you’re going? Until we find out how you got Master Raveen’s note you are staying close to us!”

As she leads the group on, Janiven is glad to hear the banter back and forth between them. A few moments ago they wanted to kill each other and now listen to them!

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
Janiven wrote:
”And where do you think you’re going? Until we find out how you got Master Raveen’s note you are staying close to us!”

Anna headed to her position while Mera was descending--since Janiven came last, she is already standing there.

In any case, she will repeat what she said earlier tonight (page 1), by evading Janiven's hand and heading to the wall.

"I am all-right. I told you before, I've been given this paper by a young man," she says as everyone moves into formation. "But assuredly, if 'Master Raveen' was the one who gave this to me in the first place, he might not be so keen on joining. I now see that was foresight."

Especially with such terrible security--no sentries? No advanced warning? If there was no tunnel I would have just climbed the chimney or feigned working for one of the few-hundred factions in the city. Raveen sighs. Amateurs.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal breathes a bit easier when Janiven drops the trap door. At least they should have some time before it is opened. To make sure Tal looks for a ring on the door to which he can place a piton through and into the wall. Using his cloak to muffle the sound of the hammer hitting the piton Tal looks back to the others. "That should hold them from coming after us for a bit."

Letting Janiven up front with the sunrod Tal follows close behind. Looking up at the arrow of the intersection he is glad that the way is marked but concerned as well. "What if others find these markings? That will tell them exactly how to get to where we are going. Should we mar them to disguise them or do you plan on using them again?"

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

Forgot to add Bluff check:
Bluff to lie: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Can I get a circumstance bonus--in lieu of 'convincing proof' because of the disguise?

Anna looks intently into one, and says nonchalantly, "Mister Naberius can overwrite them to lead elsewhere. They can write things permanently into walls--it can confuse our pursuers."

Spellcraft 20 to realize she means Arcane Mark

If anyone questions this:

She blinks.
"Clearly you haven't been harassed by a conjurer," she says unhappily. "I've seen some tattoo their servants if they misbehave. Takes a month to get off, ya know?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

I'll just go ahead and assume I know my own cantrips. :P

Naberius sighs, and explains in a sagely tone, "Unfortunately, I have not prepared such a spell for this occasion. Besides, it only inscribes a certain personal rune or symbol. That is why it is sometimes used to brand slaves, it is rather difficult to replicate. It would be like signing my name on all the walls, which I would rather avoid doing..."

He smooths down his coat, looking indignantly at a spatter of sewage on the otherwise pristine black fabric.

"Ah. I do know some colleagues that use it to sign everything. It is rather unnecessary waste of magical talent. I would rather use my energies on spells that are more practical, unless the spell is specifically needed for some reason. There are some advanced spells which use it as a component, for example, but such magics are beyond me. For now..."


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Simple misdirection would have helped somewhat, just have the arrows point in the opposite direction of where you need to go." she murmurs towards Janiven.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius glances over his shoulder and mutters, "I can use acid to corrode the markings, if you think it is necessary. Otherwise, we should keep moving..."

I do assume the arrows are rather small and not completely obvious unless pointed out by somebody. I'm sure these people are more competent than we give them credit for... :P

EDIT: Naberius also asks Janiven how long the trip to their hideout is. More or less than an hour?


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera finally quiets down as they move along. Occasionally she will make a disgusted sound or cover her mouth to as if it will stop her from vomitting. "How much longer are we down in this wonderful place may I ask?


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday shrugs, but noticing Mera's distress at their current situation, Of course she hates it down here. I hate it down here! Only a crazy person would actually like the sewers, she will remove a cloth from her pocket and gently wipe the diva's cheek before kissing it. "Fi în largul." she whispers as her lips leave Mera's flesh, the same moment a cooling steadiness helps to put the woman at ease. Monday will then repeat this ritual for everyone present, likely requiring a bit of a struggle when getting to Naberius.

Varisian:

"Be at ease."

Casting Resistance on everyone present, +1 to all Saves for 1 minute.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

Raveen nods slowly as Naberius explains the intricacies of Arcane Mark

Personal symbols are out, then, he thinks.

Not good enough, then," Anna says, narrowing her eyes and avoiding Monday's spellcasting. "How about plastering over the carving with Prestidigitation?"

Since the spell creates crude items. It can reasonably be flexible enough to make a simple plaster that can also be colored to be the same as the wall. If that fails as well, there's always using a craft check to replicate arrows on different walls. Is that possible, GM, and how much time would it take?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Monday Daud wrote:
Monday will then repeat this ritual for everyone present, likely requiring a bit of a struggle when getting to Naberius.

Wait, Monday goes around kissing everyone? If by "struggle" you mean that he would have to be forcibly restrained, you are quite correct. :D

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

As the Varisian starts slobbering all over everyone present, Naberius gets a wild look in his eyes and glances around like a cornered animal. As Monday reaches him, he bounces back, losing his composure for a brief moment.

He manages to stutter, "I, uh... Erm, I appreciate the gesture, but... Uhm... I think I will be quite alright..."

He quickly puts some ground between himself and Monday, as much as the tight surroundings allow.

Raveen Liquean wrote:
"How about plastering over the carving with Prestidigitation?"

Having avoided the invasion of his personal space, Naberius glances nervously in the direction where the group came from. Gathering his thoughts and regaining his composure, he raises an eyebrow at Anna.

She has seems to have a decent grasp of how basic cantrips work. Not only that, she seems rather creative about their application. I wonder if she has had some magical training...

"As I said, a bit of acid should do the trick nicely..."

Naberius turns back to Janiven.

"...but are we really going to stop at every arrow? I would rather we keep moving."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal does not know what the strange woman is doing as she starts to kiss people's checks. It was not natural and even worse they were in the sewers. Tal protests mightily as she nears him. Ma'am, this is neither the time nor the place for such antics. Besides I am married and can not and will not engage in such behavior. Please refrain from such frivolity until we are safe and out of this place. I am trying to keep my bearings as to where we are going.

Survival check to keep fom getting lost 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Tal knows there is magic but is lost as to how magic works or the intracacies of it. As such he just avoids the talk and discussion of magical means to fix the arrows.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday crosses her arms and huffs. "It's a WARD to help calm one's mind and insides! Please, even I don't get turned on when I'm in the sewer. Not really a romantic getaway yaknow?"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal tries to explain his side of it. Hey, for all I know you were just trying to warm up a bit down here. From my point of view you just started kissing everyone with no explanation. sorry lady but that is not how I work. Let's start small and go from there. A handshake or pat on the back. Hold off on the kissing till at least the second time we meet, if at all. he whispers. Nothing personal though.

Note to self, Tal needs a full helm and quickly around this group to protect himself from them.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"I suppose I don't have to transfer my essence through a kiss, it's just easier for me to focus that way." With a sour look on her face she'll hold out her hand towards Tal.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal does his best to try and appease the woman even though he can't recall her giving him her name earlier. Listen lady, I didn't mean to offend you at all but I am just not the touchy feely type. Thanks for the help though. Tal will wipe off his hand on his cloak before he reaches out and gently shakes her hand.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"No problem." she says as her goofy grin immediately takes hold of her face. Gripping his hand ever so tightly Tal feels a calming coolness flow out from her flesh into his.

Resistance!

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

Heh. This is beginning to sound like a sketch.
At any rate--regarding acid splash: It would probably be unable to harm the wall--an inch of stone has about 8 hardness and 5 hit points--far too hard for acid (which halves damage before applying hardness and hit points. I would recommend a houserule that acid ignores hardness of stone for the purposes of damaging hit points (which equals integrity-- since 3.5 had exceptions).

Anna seems to be thinking intently about this.
Acid would not mar the sign. Another way would be to misdirect is to have a Light spell on each door save the one we enter--and then outright lie about where we will enter next. What if there is also another way out? Regardless of whether J has a safe house, I'd rather we be in the edges of the city.

Survival to tell the way through: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
Naberius Belthrune wrote:

Gathering his thoughts and regaining his composure, he raises an eyebrow at Anna.

She has seems to have a decent grasp of how basic cantrips work. Not only that, she seems rather creative about their application. I wonder if she has had some magical training...

If I hadn't had Hellknights at my heel I would feel less inclined to show off more than what my new face should, Raveen thought. Wait. Anna is (so far) an artist, and singers and actors pick up minor magic, do they not?

In lieu of bardic magic.

"You pick up things like this here and there," Anna says, waving her hand carelessly, moving a little bit away. "Is magic not an art that can be 'felt'?"

Diplomacy to convince: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Naberius Belthrune wrote:
"...but are we really going to stop at every arrow? I would rather we keep moving."

"Every two or three arrows are enough to shake off the trail and disorient our pursuers, I'd say," Anna says from the background (or scouting position).

Perception for next room. I assume my check didn't give me anything special, GM?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Initiating Stealth again to scout next tunnel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Anna wants to get advanced warning from the front, just as Morosimo gives warning from the back.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Raveen Liquean wrote:
At any rate--regarding acid splash: It would probably be unable to harm the wall--an inch of stone has about 8 hardness and 5 hit points--far too hard for acid (which halves damage before applying hardness and hit points. I would recommend a houserule that acid ignores hardness of stone for the purposes of damaging hit points (which equals integrity-- since 3.5 had exceptions).

Ah, yeah. Hardness. There are still exceptions, like fire against paper or sonic against glass. I'm not really trying to drill my way through or cause any significant damage to the structure, just mar the surface enough to make the arrows more difficult to find. I'll leave that up to the GM.

Outwardly calm, but inwardly increasingly unsure of his abilities to damage the wall, Naberius waits for further instruction from Janiven.

Raveen Liquean wrote:

"You pick up things like this here and there," Anna says, waving her hand carelessly, moving a little bit away. "Is magic not an art that can be 'felt'?"

Diplomacy to convince: 13 + 8 = 21

That would probably be Bluff, but Raveen's modifiers seem to be the same regardless...

Sense Motive with Familiar: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24

Naberius furrows his brow at the girl, but says nothing. There would be more time to question her later...


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera flinches but relaxes slightly after Monday's gift. She listens the banter between the group and comments, "I think we are all a little unnerved down here. Did anyone ever say how much further we have to go? I'm fairly certain we'll be passing Parego Regicona any moment now."


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"First time in a sewer. First time in Westcrown. First time in a sewer IN Westcrown." Monday muses as the group continues their spelunking/debating/escape.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

"Perego Regicona? I thought that was back the other direction another 1000ft or so. I have never been down here myself so its impossible to tell for sure though. Perhaps it is best if we keep the arrows for now in case someone gets lost. Once 'J' tells us that we are closer to our destinaton then we can worry about altering them. We should try and make as best of time as possible as well as that spike will only last for so long.

Still concerned for the boy Tal asks back, Morosimo, you still back there and doing ok?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map
Raveen wrote:
"I am all-right. I told you before, I've been given this paper by a young man," she says as everyone moves into formation. "But assuredly, if 'Master Raveen' was the one who gave this to me in the first place, he might not be so keen on joining. I now see that was foresight."

Janiven is impressed with how easy Anna evaded her grip. At least her story is consistent! she thinks to herself. Calling out softly to the woman already taking the lead, Okay! Take the lead but we will be watching you! Janiven looks at Tal and nods to be sure he is on the same page.

Janiven is so taking with trying to find the arrows that she doesn’t realize that the talk has turned to obscuring them. She points to the various graffiti covering the walls, some of it left by the builders of the tunnel. I don’t think its necessary to obscure the arrows. I would assume that most people who stumbled upon them will think it is long-ago graffiti.

There is some graffiti that is not written in common:

Goblin:
You are entering the kingdom of the Undercity Goblin tribe. No Tresspassing!

She also hears the questions about how long they will be down here. No more than an hour. She calls back, I don’t think we want to be down here after dark in case the shadowbeasts hunt down here.

When Monday approaches Janiven with her lips formed for a kiss, she is taken back a bit. My job is to recruit people for the cause, if that means letting this woman flirt with me and kiss me to get her to join, so be it! Janiven will offer her cheek to Monday.

Tal wrote:
Morosimo, you still back there and doing ok?

From behind the formation Tal hears, I’m fine sir! No Hellknights behind us yet! Morosimo realizes when he says it, that it probably is not the most comforting thing he could have said. When Monday gives him a kiss, he starts to blush. He thought Monday was attractive before, but now he has an infactuation with the woman.

DM Roll:
Goblin Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

DM Roll:
Goblin Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

As Anna/Raveen turns the corner, she/he almost runs into a patrol of three goblins. Both Raveen and the goblins were being stealthy and neither noticed the other until they almost ran right into each other!

Initiative:

Mera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Monday/Tuesday: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Naberius/Vasco: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Raveen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Tal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Goblins: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Initiative Order:
Monday/Tuesday
Tal
Raveen
Mera
Naberius/Vasco
Goblins

See the Tactical Map link in my status bar for the map.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Um, going off the the map won't it be a surprise round for Raveen? Since neither Monday or Tuesday can see the goblins around the corner.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Yep. Monday, Tuesday and Tal will have to wait for the next round to do something.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

K

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
J wrote:
Okay! Take the lead but we will be watching you!

Of course you will, Raveen thought, dully drawing a dagger before he rounded a corner. At least they attempt to.*

Is it ok if I also draw a dagger before combat? It seems like sneaking armed is normal in the sewers. Doubt anyone would deny the scout a weapon.

Anna's slow steps froze as her eyes came in contact with three small, melon-headed creatures saturated in filth*. They both looked at each other for a brief moment.

YOU HAVE A MIRROR--WHY NOT USE IT!? Raveen mentally chided himself.

Raveen moved first automatically, before he remembered his observers.
Standard: Throws a dagger at hand at the nearest opponent.
Attack with dagger at range; -4 to attack; flat-footed opponent: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Dagger Damage + Sneak attack: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (3) = 6

"Goblins!" Anna whispers in fear, attempting to hide behind Tal.
Move: Moves up to C8, unfortunately crowding Naberius's square.
Swift: Nothing comes to mind, unless it is to fix her hair.

* At least I assume they are.
If drawing a dagger is a no, Raveen would instead throw an improvised weapon with the same penalties--a crossbow bolt (light improvised) with the same damage as a dagger.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
DM RichD wrote:
She also hears the questions about how long they will be down here. No more than an hour. She calls back, I don’t think we want to be down here after dark in case the shadowbeasts hunt down here.

Hearing this, Naberius would have cast mage armor. That is why he asked in the first place. He will also keep renewing his light, based on this knowledge.

Round 1

Grimacing as his personal space is once again invaded, Naberius peers past Anna to see the goblins but does not perceive anything yet.

Disgusting pests...

Naberius delays his turn after Tal (and the goblins), not much for him to do right now.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

Anna notices the wizard casting a spell.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Shiny--What does that feel like?" she asks, as a forcefield radiates from his body.

It seems my GM-Fu has failed me; there are no rules for using projectile ammunition as a ranged improvised weapon.
If the GM is ok with it, we can make it roll--if not, I'll have to suffer an additional -4 for throwing a nearby rock or something, for 14 vs. flat-footed AC.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera sees the party begin to react and the whispered word of goblins. Knowing that the current situation is less than ideal for comradely she takes it upon herself to try and help embolden her allies spirits. She begins to sing, softly at first but her voice slowly gaining in volume and tempo. The soft sounds of voice echoing in the sewer do not carry the same acoustic qualities they do in the opera, but the melodic tone breaks the tense air somewhat.

"Uuuun va-a pesh a lay"
"Uuuun vi-i beeeee"
"Un da la pech ni saaa"
"Un di-i lay na daaaaay"

Mera also withdraws her rapier knowing that the quarters will be too tight to fire a cross bow.

Inspire Courage: 1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Keeping her Kukri ready Monday attempts to switch places with Mera, putting the singer inbetween her and her brother. These were really not ideal conditions for... Well, anytging really.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Tuesday keeps himself at the ready, unfortunately these tunnels were too narrow to do much in, though he did have trick or two he weighed in his mind.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera will allow Monday to slip in front of her while she continues to sing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Raveen Liquean wrote:
"Shiny--What does that feel like?" she asks, as a forcefield radiates from his body.

Naberius smiles enigmatically, and simply answers, "Power."

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
Naberius Belthrune wrote:
Naberius smiles enigmatically, and simply answers, "Power."

Anna nods respectfully, giving him as much personal space as she can while staying near him.

Just loving this guy. He's like a healthier Raistlin.

101 to 150 of 4,795 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.