DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


151 to 200 of 4,794 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map
Raveen wrote:
Is it ok if I also draw a dagger before combat? It seems like sneaking armed is normal in the sewers. Doubt anyone would deny the scout a weapon.

Sure! You need it for the Gators :)

Ooops..Forgot Janiven’s Initiative:

Janiven’s Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Morosimo will watch the rear and not take part in the combat.

Round 1

Monday, Tuesday and Tal continue their march through the sewers. Raveen, in the lead, looks in surprise as he almost comes face to face with a goblin. Thinking quickly he throws the dagger that he has in his hand at the lead goblin and as the goblin shrieks in pain, Raveen will retreat behind Tal. Mera, hearing Raveen whisper goblins begins to sing and her allies feel a bit more brave. Naberius, having heard there might be shadowbeasts lurking about, had cast mage armor on himself and realizing that the foes are not in sight will wait until Tal does something.

The goblins, just see Raveen and almost all at once shout

goblin:
Human! Get her!
The lead goblin, grievously wounded with Raveen’s dagger protruding from his chest is not so anxious, but is pushed by his companions from the back right up to Janiven.

DM Roll:
Attack G1: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (9) - 6 = 3

He tries to slice her with his broken dogslicer but the surprise of seeing more humans and his wound cause him to miss.

The two goblins in the back use shortbows to try and hit Janiven.

DM Roll:
Attack G2: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 14

DM Roll:
Attack G3: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 15

Janiven is just able to dodge the arrows.

Round 2

Initiative Order:
Monday/Tuesday (9/9)
Janiven (24/24)
Tal (12/12)
Raveen (9/9)
Mera (9/9)
Naberius/Vasco (8/8)
Goblins G1 (?/?) Wounded; G2 (?/?); G3 (?/?)

Monday, kukri at the ready, steps in front of Mera, as Tuesday plots some possible actions.

Janiven will stab the goblin that Raveen had wounded,

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

and finishes it off.

Tal next
@Mera I will add your continued singing to the next narration.
I am working on getting the sprites into TokenTools and hope to have them done soon.
Tactical Map is updated.
My house rule-you can occupy the same square as a dead body without penalty.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tao witness the swift execution of the lead goblin. Wanting to show what he can do to the rest of the group Tal moves forward and attacks the goblin just in front of him. He keeps his shield ready for the goblin in the corner as he can only try and maneuver 1 at a time. Move out of the way runts.

Bull rush against the goblin in Q,4 trying to force it into the sewage and clear space for more to move up. If successful tal will move into Q,4. No AOO I believe as they have shortbows out. 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera continues to sing to her companions and holds her rapier to attack any foe that somehow manages to come within range.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

The twins remain at the ready, incase the little cretins somehow manage to get by the others.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

Raveen holds position, seeing that the crowded tunnel has no maneuver space and no clear shot to the goblins.

He intends to get back the dagger once combat clears.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Round 2 (Delayed after Tal)

Naberius weighs his options. It would not do to waste resources on these cretins, but they had no time to waste fighting them. The conjurer did not relish the thought of being caught in the back by the pursuing Hellknights...

He mutters a word, flicking his ebony wand at the goblin that is currently being engaged by Tal. A small missile of gleaming magical energy weaves its way to the small humanoid, striking it squarely in the chest.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 2 Continued

Tal, seeing an opening as the goblin falls, plows past Janiven and bull rushes a goblin into the sewage. Raveen, finding the way blocked, holds his place. Mera continues to sing and it bodes ill for the goblins. Naberius shoots a well placed magic missile at the goblin now facing Tal and the goblin shrieks in pain. The goblin facing Tal drops his shortbow and pulls out his dogslicer. He attempts to cut Tal:

DM Roll:
G2 Attack: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (6) - 6 = 0

And misses. The other goblin tries to climb up on the little ledge and gets a hit from Tal for his efforts.

I am assuming him trying to get on the ledge would be the equivalent of him rising from a prone position.

DM Roll:
Tal AOO Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12

DM Roll:
Tal AOO Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

But Tal is so focused on the goblin in front of him that his swing is wide.

Tactical Map Updated


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Round 3

Dang these critters are tenacious. thoughtTal.You knock them in the water and they still come back swinging. now that he had cleared some space for another to come to the front Tal hopes that further moving forward will allow Janiven or...well Janiven to move up to help with these goblins. Come on back there. Move up and target one of these runts.

Further illustrating his intent Tal steps to the side using his shield to block the goblins swing. Turning sharply he then drives his sword forward into the goblin that just climb up from the water.

5ft step to R,3
Power attack goblin in Q,3 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23 for 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12

The goblin thought he had the blade blocked but the poor craftsmanship of the goblin blade was no match for Tal. His expertly crafted longsword twisted ever so slightly in the air allowing the blade to run just under the goblins guard. A foot and a half of steel erupted out of the goblin from the backside as Tal finishes the thrust. Twisting the blade as he goes Tal slings the goblin off and turns to face the last goblin.

I really should have taken cleave as my bonus feat. Can't wait till 2nd level already.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 3

Janiven will take a five-foot step Q5 and swing at the the goblin that Naberius had hit with his magic missile.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15

but she is unable to bring her blade to bear against the critter.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Anna still holds action, having nothing to do.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday and Tuesday stay at the ready, ever wary for goblins, otyughs and alligators... Or was it crocodiles?


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera continues her performance and looks around to those companions nearby curiously.

What is going on up there?

She'll ready to attack any one who comes in range. Unlikely, so she will continue to inspire her allies.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Round 3

Seeing that the front line was moving ahead efficiently, Naberius steps foward behind Janiven (Q7?) and prepares to flick his wand at the last goblin if it attempts to flee.

Naberius will ready an action to shoot a magic missile at the goblin if it tries to escape.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 3

Monday and Tuesday stand at the ready, but the narrow confines insure they will be out of the fight. Janiven steps up and tries to stab the goblin around the corner but just can’t seem to connect. Tal, surprised and angry that the goblin did not stay in the sewage, takes a step and savagely thrusts his sword into the impertinent goblin. The goblin face shows a look of surprise as he dies and falls into the sewage never to rise again. Anna continues to wait with Monday and Tuesday. Mera continues to sing as she tries to see what is going on. Naberius readies a magic missile in case the goblin flees.

For a moment the goblin considers fleeing-he truly does. But his anger over his companions quick deaths enrage him. He yells,

Goblin:
Die human scum!

And attempts to cut Tal with his dogslicer.

DM Roll:
G3 Attack: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (8) - 6 = 2

He misses, but his eyes are full of hatred.

Round 4

Initiative Order:
Monday/Tuesday (9/9)
Janiven (24/24)
Tal (12/12)
Raveen (9/9)
Mera (9/9)
Naberius/Vasco (8/8)
Goblins G3 (?/?) Wounded

Janiven will take a five-foot step so she is directly in front of the goblin and stab him.

DM Roll:
Janiven Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23

DM Roll:
Janiven Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The hatred and life go out of the goblin's eyes as he collapses to the ground.

Out of round mode

Janiven will retreive Anna's dagger and after wiping the blood on her sleeve, give the dagger back to her. Nice throw! I think you are more than what you say you are..or are you just lucky? Janiven addes suspiciously.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Out of habit more than anything Tal calls back to those in the rear. IS everyone ok back there. The goblins are dead so it is safe for the time being. Naberius, nice work with that stick your holding. Morosimo, all clear back there?

Tal then takes his blade and flicks the gore off of it before wiping it off on the goblin. Once he is satisfied it is as clean as he can get it for the time being he returns his attention to his surroundings. Just at the edge of the light he sees a door up ahead. Janiven, you have any idea what is behind that door?


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera stops her song, the remnants echoing away down the sewer tunnel for a few more moments. "All fine back here, we didn't need to do much except look beautiful." She looks around and wrinkles her nose and adds, "Which can be trying in a place like this, let me tell you!"


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"You did marvelous." Monday reassures her before adding "I was about to suggest we start dancing to pass the time."


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Though the apparent threat is over Tuesday remains tensed, wary of any other attacks.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)
DM RichD wrote:
Janiven will retreive Anna's dagger and after wiping the blood on her sleeve, give the dagger back to her. Nice throw! I think you are more than what you say you are..or are you just lucky? Janiven addes suspiciously.

Sense Motive for whether the suspicion is genuine or spontaneous: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Anna takes the knife, carefully rubbing it. She sighs, shaking her head tiredly at the revolutionary.

"You can never get the goblin smell out," she says, holding down the weapon. "We all appreciate your help, Miss Janiven."

She then squeezes past the rest, sighing and straightening her back, before she scouts ahead again.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Is this going to be a thing? The bad perception checks?
By the by, is there anything interesting on the gobs?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius lowers his wand, glad he would not have to waste any more of the magic stored within. He nods to Tal as the giant turns to check on the rearguard.

'Stick?' Naberius feels the need to correct the warrior, but he bites his tongue for now. It would not be wise to antagonise the man that could soon be standing between him and the Hellkights. Besides, he would most likely lack the mental capacity to grasp the finer points of dweomercraft...

Mera Wist-Thrune wrote:
Mera stops her song, the remnants echoing away down the sewer tunnel for a few more moments. "All fine back here, we didn't need to do much except look beautiful." She looks around and wrinkles her nose and adds, "Which can be trying in a place like this, let me tell you!"

"I did not expect I would get to hear you perform so soon," the conjurer muses, "But thank you for the arietta, it was... Magical."

He smiles knowingly, and then glances back with a look of worry.

"Should we not keep advancing? If the Hellknights are down here, they doubtlessly heard the sounds of carnage..."


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera's eyes twinkle at the compliments from her sewer mates.

Quote:
"Should we not keep advancing? If the Hellknights are down here, they doubtlessly heard the sounds of carnage..."

"I concur with that assessment."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Without even realizing it Tal got sucked in again to their frivolous ways. ere they were in a sewer and being attacked by goblins and they are worried about their hair and how they look. To top if off they were bandying the idea around about dancing. I wouldn't recommend dancing. You might slip and fall into the sewage. Then once we got out of here you still wouldn't be safe as everyone would be questioning why you smelled so poorly. It is better to pay attention and stay sharp. Who knows what else we will run into down here.

Tal moves to proceed forward but stops as he tries to remember his manners. Lily would not approve of him being so condescending even in such a foul locale. That song was nice. It did lift the spirits a bit while you sang. I can see that you have quite a talent.

There, peace was made now we can go on. I am still not making peace with Anna yet though until we get to the bottom of this with her presence.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Right. Moving along then." Monday flatly says as she waits for those in front of her to begin moving.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map
Tal wrote:
Morosimo, all clear back there?

From behind you hear the boy's voice: "All Clear and quiet back here Sir!

Tal wrote:
Janiven, you have any idea what is behind that door?

The woman's eyes narrow as she thinks back. I don't remember a door there when Arael and I scouted these tunnels. It might have been boarded up then. I would say these goblins are..er..were new inhabitants.

DM Roll:
Janiven's Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

@Raveen: You think that there is something Janiven just can't figure out about you, but she was genuinely impressed.

EDIT: The goblins themselves each have rusted, dull dogslicers and standard shortbows. Each is wearing leather armor that smells of the sewers. There are three quivers with 34 arrows total.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

That is not good news Janiven. If there was no door earlier then the goblins changed this area. Who knows how many of those cretins may still be here. We better take a look before they spring a trap on us. Tal moves up to the door and takes a listen before opening it.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@Tal: You do not hear anything.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Anna takes a shortbow and a quiver, fitting it with 10 arrows, wrapping a piece of cloth around the terrible-smelling handle.

"At least these goblins know how to use a bow," she says, seeing Tal spy at the door. "Can we not afford to simply bar it?"

I hope this isn't where we're supposed to go; it's not looking nice.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

As per the discussion thread...

Sense Motive with Familiar: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Naberius glances at Janiven.

Did she know they would be here...?

He makes no move to inspect the goblins or the door any closer. He shifts from one foot to another, looking at Tal incredulously.

"Are you seriously considering that we go rooting around in their filth? Now? Leave them to the Hellknights. I do not remember signing up as an exterminator..."


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Forgot perception check.

Perception w/low light: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Very interesting", Anna says, examining something stupid.

Sense motive vs. Janiven: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

And so it begins. At any rate, Raveen is thinking of an idea...but the hellknights aren't near yet.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal moves back to the group to whisper to Naberius. I do not plan on rooting around in their filth, but if there is a threat then I plan on neutralizing it now rather than wait for them to come from behind while we are busy with something else. I do to hear anything but that doesn't mean anything either. We did not hear that first group that we ran into. If you disapprove then just stay back where it is safe.

Tal then moves back to the door and opens it when all are ready.

fyi, to keep things moving anyone can have Tal open doors for the group. Just assume that he has sword and shield set and does a quick perception check before opening them.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius sighs and takes a step foward, raising his wand.

Swallowing his pride for the moment, he mutters, "I would rather block the door and keep moving, but if you insist on tarrying... Let us be done with it, posthaste."


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera observes the muttering and whispering and asks, "Uhm, hello? Are we waiting to have tea and crumpets with the Hellknights? Shouldn't be moving? The longer we stand around here the more time they have to catch up with us. I'd imagine it's only a matter of minutes before they discover our path. And I'd truly do not want to be talking to them today, it's just not on my agenda I'm afraid."

Oh Mera, and crawling around in the sewers with these ruffians was?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

DC 10 Sense Motive:
Janiven seems just as surprised by the goblin's presence as you were.

Tal opens the door and the smell from the inside is almost as bad as the smell from the outside. Three dirty, small beds made up of old, smelly rags are on the floor. There is a small chest occupying a place of 'honor' in the center of the room with a dozen small, dull scratches about the lock.

DC 20 Disable Device:
There are five bottles, 200gp, and a wand

Besides various tiny, creepy-crawly, vermin, nothing else occupies the room.

Yes standard size shortbows and their armor was small.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Ooh, a prize! Can someone here open it? Or would it be best just to take it with us for now?" Monday excitedly says while rocking back and forth on her feet.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Disable Device to open the chest: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Anna whistles, and mutters under her breath, "Bloody hells...they've got a good lock, all things considered."

Can I roll again, or are we hearing something arriving?

If we hear nothing:

Anna stretches her fingers, readying the thieves' tools, muttering Mera's theme a while ago. "Uuuun vi-i beeeee--eeya."
Disable Device to open the chest: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"The things a girl has in her purse..." she mused abstractly, putting a hard piece of mint candy in her mouth as she worked on the lock, concentrating intently.

"Aw right," she said brightly, standing up. "What's all this then?"

Spellcraft to ID wand: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Spellcraft to ID bottle 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Spellcraft to ID bottle 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Spellcraft to ID bottle 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Spellcraft to ID bottle 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Spellcraft to ID bottle 5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"It seems like a...sharp, pointy nose-picking stick," she says expertly. "Goblin craft. It shows."


Potion ID?
And yes, she retroactively speaks bastardized cockney now. Sue me.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Oce the door is opened and no threats are seen Tal acknowledges Naberius. Thank you for giving me the time to ensure your safety and well being. I am quite content now to move on.

Replying to Monday as she looks in at the chest, As Naberius was clambering for us to hurry it might be best to just grab the chest and take it with us.. It doesn't look too heavy sio should be able to manage it although it looks like Anna has a different opinion. First she claims she is just an artist and a concerned citizen, then she shows skill with her dagger. Now she is trying to open the chest. There is more to her than I first realized but that still does not satisfy my concerns about her. Tal looks to Janiven to catch her eye as he nods his head in Anna's direction to alert her to Anna's actions by the chest.

Tal moves down the passage slightly allowing the others to move up to examine the chest and the room. He keeps up the whispered questions to Morosimo to make she the kid is doing ok and hasn't noticed anything yet. Psst, Morosimo, all good back there still. Looks like a small break while Anna takes a look at someone's chest.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Yeah, she's looking at the third most impressive chest here." Monday adds with a giggle.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@ Raveen: You do not hear anyone coming so your second round is good.

DC 16 Perception to Taste Potion 1:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds

DC 16 Perception to Taste Potion 2:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds

DC 16 Perception to Taste Potion 3:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds

DC 17 Perception to Taste Potion 4:
Potion of Cure Mod Wounds

DC 17 Perception to Taste Potion 5:
Potion of Cure Mod Wounds

DC 17 Spellcraft to identify Wand:
Wand of Lesser Restoration (5 Charges)

Potions 1-3 are in the same type of bottle and look the same. Potions 4 & 5 are in the same type of bottle and look the same.

Janiven catches Tal's nod and nods back knowingly. Morosimo looks at the armored man and nods and says, All good, But I sure will be glad to get out of this sewer! I don't like it down here. Give me the streets any day!


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Oh, no. I'm not rolling Perception checks anymore. Let Monday do it. It's also nice to see Anna helping the group every step of the way, and still be treated suspiciously. Let that be a DC 10 Sense Motive check when she inevitably hears what the others are saying.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

And that's the first time it came important.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Was Anna actually casting detect magic to identify the items?

Naberius waits impatiently for Anna to finish her lockpicking, his pleas for expedience gone unheard.

Anna Kelyn wrote:
"It seems like a...sharp, pointy nose-picking stick," She says expertly. "Goblin craft. It shows."

Naberius scoffs, "That is unlikely... It is more probable that the little savages stole it, or found it on the body of some unfortunate." He holds his hand out to receive the wand.

"Please, allow me..."

Spellcraft to identify wand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

"Hmh, lesser restorative magic. Divine in nature, and almost depleted. Not much use to me..."

He tosses the wand back, clearly having lost interest.

It's a wand of lesser restoration (5 charges). Naberius will not touch the potions until we are somewhere safe.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15
Monday Daud wrote:
"Yeah, she's looking at the third most impressive chest here."

Mera smirks at Monday and whispers, "Agreed."

Mera looks at the potions and then the rest of the group. "Surely you don't intend for me to taste these? I'd leave that task to ones more suited to questionable fluids."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Quote:
"Hmh, lesser restorative magic. Divine in nature, and almost depleted. Not much use to me..."

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Mera studies the wand but doesn't recognize it. She isn't going to be caught off guard in what has become a slight showmanship contest between the group. "Hmmm, that is the exact conclusion I came to. It appears your magical talents are almost on par with my own. Tell me again, where did you study?. It has already slipped my mind, silly me."

She reaches out and takes the wand and pats Naberius gently on the shoulder a few times like a comforting mother. "It's ok, not all of us have the gift my friend. I can carry that if you like. I am skilled in those arts."

She smiles playfully and flips the wand in the air and catches it with her other hand. "Now then, let's be on our way once more. I shall not take my final breath in this despicable place."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet
DM RichD wrote:


Janiven catches Tal's nod and nods back knowingly. Morosimo looks at the armored man and nods and says, All good, But I sure will be glad to get out of this sewer! I don't like it down here. Give me the streets any day!

Not a problem kid. The first sign of the surface that is clear to take we can get out of here. Just keep your eyes peeled and your ears open. If anything is suspicious don't hesitate to yell for help.

Tal waits for the others to finish examining Anna's goods before he is ready to start marching again. As far as he was concerned The exact contents of Anna's chest could wait till later to be figured out.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
... finish examining Anna's goods... The exact contents of Anna's chest could wait till later to be figured out.

lol

Monday merely wears her wolfish smirk as Mera acknowledges her compliment.


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)
Naberius Belthrune wrote:


Naberius scoffs, "That is unlikely... It is more probable that the little savages stole it, or found it on the body of some unfortunate." He holds his hand out to receive the wand.

"Please, allow me..."

Anna stood back, holding up her purse and stuffing her tools inside, listening with a slowly reddening face as she is spoken of behind her back.

Naberius wrote:

"Hmh, lesser restorative magic. Divine in nature, and almost depleted. Not much use to me..."

He tosses the wand back, clearly having lost interest.

Mera wrote:
Mera studies the wand but doesn't recognize it. She isn't going to be caught off guard in what has become a slight showmanship contest between the group. "Hmmm, that is the exact conclusion I came to. It appears your magical talents are almost on par with my own. Tell me again, where did you study? It has already slipped my mind, silly me."

Anna's face softens a bit, seeing the group interact between one another as Mera reached to pat Naberius's shoulder. Outside, Janiven, Monday and Tal joked and jibed. She watched for a while, and sighed.

I can't be like them.

Bluff to feign indifference: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

If anyone is concerned:
"Stomachache," she says.

"I suppose this money should be turned in to the authorities" Anna said, possibly aware that no one would hear her over one another. "After all...it was possibly stolen in the first place."

Mera wrote:
She smiles playfully and flips the wand in the air and catches it with her other hand. "Now then, let's be on our way once more. I shall not take my final breath in this despicable place."

Anna nods at that line, following in tow, taking her place again in scouting position.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

As always, the Perception dice does not disappoint.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday's face immediately adopts a flat countenance as she walks over and flicks Anna in the head. "We're RUNNING from the authorities. Remember?"


Female Humanoid (Human) Artist (Painter)

Anna rubs her head.

"I didn't mean...oh, never mind." she says miserably.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"There, there," she affectionally says as she pats the ¿scribe?'s head. "Under other circumstances I would agree with you... No I wouldnt, but still."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Mera Wist-Thrune wrote:

Mera studies the wand but doesn't recognize it. She isn't going to be caught off guard in what has become a slight showmanship contest between the group. "Hmmm, that is the exact conclusion I came to. It appears your magical talents are almost on par with my own. Tell me again, where did you study?. It has already slipped my mind, silly me."

She reaches out and takes the wand and pats Naberius gently on the shoulder a few times like a comforting mother. "It's ok, not all of us have the gift my friend. I can carry that if you like. I am skilled in those arts."

She smiles playfully and flips the wand in the air and catches it with her other hand. "Now then, let's be on our way once more. I shall not take my final breath in this despicable place."

Naberius nods sagely at Mera's words. Coming from almost anyone else, much of what Mera said might have felt like an insult to him. Yet she exuded such grace and poise that he found himself almost holding his breath as the singer spoke. All in all, she reminded him of the enchantresses of the Acadamae...

That thought shook him out of his reverie. Mentally chastising himself, he clears his throat and answers, "Ah, the fault is all mine, my lady. I believe I failed to tell you. Worry not, I will be sure to bore you with all the details of my academic career once we are out of this predicament..."

As Mera touches his shoulder, he tenses up almost imperceptibly. He smiles, somewhat awkwardly, and bows slightly as the noblewoman takes the wand. It is clear he is not used to shows of deference, even ones as small as this.

"If you can make use of it, by all means do."

He nods intently at her last statement. They had tarried long enough...


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map
Raveen wrote:
"I suppose this money should be turned in to the authorities"

On hearing this, Janiven will pipe up, Remember what I said about compensation? Consider this a signing bonus! She will glance at Mera, It will help buy some more tian silk...

151 to 200 of 4,794 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.