DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


401 to 450 of 4,794 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Raveen Liquean wrote:

Raveen grinned.

"That's not what I meant," he added in an undertone.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"My answer still stands," Naberius answers wearily. For a brief moment he wonders how long he would have to run. Perhaps he would die glancing over his shoulder. But not today, if he could help it...

Monday Daud wrote:
Upon happily retrieving a squirrel mask she sidles up to the wizard with her trademark wolfish grin. "Nobles or commoners or devil dealers, humans f@+% all the same. You should try it sometime. Might cut down on some of that stress."

Naberius deigns not to answer, but jumps up with a loud, "Are we quite done here!? We have a prisoner transport to intersect..."

He hurries towards the door, waiting for Janiven to lead the group out to the rendezvous with Raveen.

Ready to move on! :D


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"He really needs to get laid." Monday muses while shaking her head from side to side.


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

This takes place at the rendezvous point outside the city.

A masked figure (see Child of Twilight) appears from an alleyway. He seems to be about 6' tall.

[Disguise. Minor Changes only; hair color change and bandage over the nose for +5 to check. 1 use of Disguise Kit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24: Previous three posts.]

Nodding at the party from afar, and flashes a familiar-looking mirror.

Any Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Stealth to pass by guards: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

When outside the gate, away from sight, and on the way--assuming the GM doesn't stop us. Does Janiven also wear a mask, or would she scoff at this weird practice?

The masked man's voice sounds strangely resonant from behind the mask--strange and familiar at once.

"Make haste, Children of Twilight, and don your true faces; for these masks are but Persona for who you truly are. When this face is what you see, I am Cathas, the Second Star of Westcrown."

The Masked One prefers to stay dismounted, and will set ahead to move the cart into behind the trees in the rightmost part of the map we chose, and set up the traps over the hill where no clear line of sight can be seen from the bridge. He does this silently, speaking only to clarify an issue or direct an ally.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera watches the outburst from Naberius and bites her tongue. She glances over at Monday and shakes her head. "I sure hope we pull this off. Rotting away in the citadel is not exactly how I had envisioned the next few years. I hear the food there is terrible!"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet
Monday Daud wrote:
"And I'm sure I could teach her some things less quiet and subdued in return." Monday counters with a grin.

Tal knew he shouldn't have gotten involved in a verbal sparring match with Monday. Her coarse tongue yet sharp wit had him stammering in embarassment. Uh, on second thought, perhaps it be best if you 2 don't meet. After all she is really busy and she doesn't know about us yet. I mean us as in you me and the Children. The name of the group called Children of ________. Are people going with Children of Twilight officially? Raveen keeps saying it but I have yet to see anyone else comment on it.

Tuesday wrote:

As someone else mentions his name Tuesday reemerges from the floor behind Tal and then unceremoniously floats through the man.

So preoccupied is he that he doesn't notice Tuesday till itis too late. Arrghh, now cut that out. There is no good reason to do that to someone unless you want to give them a heart attack. Do that again and I will take back what I said about you being acceptable. Good grief man, spirit, thing of ether or wahtever Monday said you were.

_______________________________

Raveen wrote:


Plan talk

Tal agrees with what Raveen lays out with him under the bridge and Naberius there for support. The thunderstones and everything else spooking the horses still concerned Tal as a scared horse was more likely to lash out at him or jolt the carriage forward. Tal would just have to wait to see how things panned out and then improvise accordinly. Too much planning or elaborate traps would just get in the way of what they needed to do if it was only Armigars present. Hit hard, hit fast and get Areal out with no loss of life.

__________________________________

As Tal is at least somewhat known to be a bodyguard he finds it no problem to just walk the streets in his normal attire with his shield starpped to his back. He picks up a sap as mentioned as it could easily be used in defense of his employer. If he is with Janiven then so be it as they are just 2 business associates talking about work. It isn't till he nears the location that he worries more about being seen and remembered. Only then does he pull his cloak around him tighter and tries his best to seem inconspicuous.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:


Tal knew he shouldn't have gotten involved in a verbal sparring match with Monday. Her coarse tongue yet sharp wit had him stammering in embarassment. Uh, on second thought, perhaps it be best if you 2 don't meet. After all she is really busy and she doesn't know about us yet.

"Too late! You already have thoughts going through my mind, I just can't wait to meet her now." She chirps while happily pirouetting away from the sputtering man while arching her arms up and curving her hands back down onto her head in ballerina form before stopping a good ways from the door. In a heavily staggered walk she dizzily makes her way out of the building.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
So preoccupied is he that he doesn't notice Tuesday till it is too late. Arrghh, now cut that out. There is no good reason to do that to someone unless you want to give them a heart attack. Do that again and I will take back what I said about you being acceptable. Good grief man, spirit, thing of ether or wahtever Monday said you were.

Narrowing his eyes at the man's perceived taunt the phantom pokes him in, through, the chest a few times before going and retrieving a dog mask, the item seeming to bob out of tune in the ghostly hand carrying it.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Morsimo had the best sleep he had in years. It wasn’t the bed on the floor-he had slept on just as comfortable floors- it was a feeling of being safe. He scoffed down the morning meal that Lily had put in front of him and thanked her profusely for her hospitality. I must go now. The others..er..Tal..will be wondering where I am and I don’t want him to worry. Is there any message you would like me to deliver to Tal?

Morosimo arrives just as the plan has been decided. He notices that there is a lot of tension in the room and he doesn’t know why. He shrugs. His belly is still full so what did it matter? Janiven seems anxious and scolds him on his tardiness. She gives him a list of a couple of items to track down and the location of a rendezvous point where he is to meet the group and also to let Gorvio know that is where he is to meet them with the horses. Gorvio is also available for the ambush as well as Morosimo As he is about to race out the door, Janiven hands him one of Vitti’s carved mask. A rat? the boy asks angrily. A mouse! the woman replies, You are as stealthy and as quiet as one! The boy leaves quickly completing the tasks that Janiven had given him and makes his way to the rendezvous point.

Janiven goes over to the masks and picks out a goat mask. To anyone who questions her choice, she just smiles and says, In case you haven’t noticed, I can be stubborn. She shoos everyone out of the safehouse, secures it and makes her way to the rendezvous point.

Raveen wrote:
@GM: Can we procure from Janiven or one of her contacts a Bear Trap or something of the same type? We have no time to set up an entire pitfall to the four knights who will be distracted.

She can get that, but Vitti will snarl and bark at it.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Masked Conspirator wrote:

The masked man's voice sounds strangely resonant from behind the mask--strange and familiar at once.

"Make haste, Children of Twilight, and don your true faces; for these masks are but Persona for who you truly are. When this face is what you see, I am Cathas, the Second Star of Westcrown."

Arriving at the rendezvous after Janiven, Naberius is less anxious, appearing to have reached some level of cold, focused determination.

He shakes his head at Raveen's theatrics, but dons his mask and pulls up his hood. Being as tall and wiry as he is, he bears uncanny resemblance to a vulture, sitting on a branch and looking down its beak on everyone present.

His voice, muffled by the polished wooden beak of the mask, answers, "Masked vigilantes, truly? This is starting to sound more and more like some deluded story from Andoren propaganda..."


Male Raven Familiar | HP 12/12 | AC 16 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5 | CMB +1, CMD 7 | Init +2 | Perception +10

Vasco has temporarily taken residence on Monday's shoulder, hoping that she might have stowed away some treats from breakfast. The raven seems to sense the anxiousness of the coming battle, and tries to remain a bit more inconspicuous on the way to the ambush spot. As inconspicuous as one can be, being a talking raven.

He might be of some use if we need a scout, or someone to deliver messages between the different groups before the ambush. Just remember to reward him afterwards. He likes food and shiny things. :)


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Arriving at the ambush site Monday plunkers down cross legged and gingerly pets her shoulder raven before digging around in one of her pouches and producing a large piece of bacon. While the raven happily makes off with his prize she opens her mouth in a yawn. At the same time Tuesday's ethereal form discombobulates and floods into the spiritualist, bursting forth one minute later in his much more solid form. Helping his sister stand he in turn kneels down while Monday happily puts his scarf back onto his neck followed by his mask before donning hers.

Edited to accommodate Vasco :3


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera slips into costume with her fox mask. She seems to glide around naturally as if she is quite accustomed to wearing masks and costumes. She slides up next to Tal and lets her soft silky voice whisper in his ear, "When this is all finished and we're back and cozy once more, I'd like to make you a proposal you can't afford to refuse."

He is most definitely going to get the wrong impression Mera, you shouldn't have laced it with so much ambiguity.

Crouching besides the party she realizes that she has a reputation to uphold and tries to disguise the fact that she is quite nervous with this whole plot. She's never done anything quite like this but doesn't want to let on she's actually petrified inside.

Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

"I'm quite excited, I just know this will work out splendidly."

Shifting her weight to press into the shadows as much as possible she adds a multitude of streaming questions, trying to avoid thinking about the incoming dangerous situation. "Do we have a code phrase if something goes wrong? When will we know its time? Should I wait for someone to act first? Is there a preference on what I should be doing or should I just improvise? I'm good at improvising you know, why, there was this time during The Cunning Little Vixen, you may have heard of it you know, anyway, there I was confronted with this totally inept of a companion across from me. It was all I could do to save..." and on and on she goes without pausing between sentences.


Lily beams at the sight o Morosimo scarfing down not 1 plate but a second as well. To and her were not rich or even that well off but there was enough money to have enough food on the table. That and she knew some tricks with how to prepare and keep food a little longer and not let it get spoiled. As the lad gets ready to leave lily asks him to deliver a message of her own. If you do see my husband just tell him to stay safe and be smart. I know he is not happy with his current joba and is looking for something different. That is why he went to go see this 'J' last night: a business meeting. I want him to be happy but tell him to make it home tonight. Roast beef and potatoes is on the menu.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Good with Tal's position on the map unless it is possible to be any further under the bridge to avoid detection.

Monday wrote:
Too late! You already have thoughts going through my mind, I just can't wait to meet her now." She chirps while happily pirouetting away from the sputtering man while arching her arms up and curving her hands back down onto her head in ballerina form before stopping a good ways from the door. In a heavily staggered walk she dizzily makes her way out of the building.
Mera wrote:
Mera slips into costume with her fox mask. She seems to glide around naturally as if she is quite accustomed to wearing masks and costumes. She slides up next to Tal and lets her soft silky voice whisper in his ear, "When this is all finished and we're back and cozy once more, I'd like to make you a proposal you can't afford to refuse."

First Monday at the hideout and now Mera here. How in the world to these women function if that is all that they think of. I mean we are going against the hellknights here and they are talking about cozy rendezvous and other outlandish behavior. Tal muses upon this as Mera talks and all Tal can say to her is, We can talk after this is done. Lets keep our focus where it belongs.

Taking his position under the bridge Tal keeps his blade ready with ins shield unslung of his back but not on his arm yet.

If I am reading the rules correctly I can ready the shield as part of my move action to get on the bridge. That should help with any armor check penalties till combat.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15
Quote:
We can talk after this is done. Lets keep our focus where it belongs.

"Oh don't you worry, I'm focused. I'm going to be behind you, ok? Just like in then tunnel. I'm counting on you, don't let me down."


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???
Naberius Belthrune wrote:
"Masked vigilantes, truly? This is starting to sound more and more like some deluded story from Andoren propaganda..."

The masked man turned to glance at him, but said nothing.

Funny you mention propaganda and delusion.
Regardless--have Vasco drop a Thunderstone while he flies by. Dropping stuff is a free action.

"Noble Lore-Bearer--take a stone from the rest, and let you be known as a thunder-bird," said the man to the raven, voice echoing.

Monday wrote:
At the same time Tuesday's ethereal form discombobulates and floods into the spiritualist, bursting forth one minute later in his much more solid form. Helping his sister stand he in turn kneels down while Monday happily puts his scarf back onto his neck followed by his mask before donning hers.

"Remove the scarf," he says. "Let them see, and let their hearts shudder."

The scarf is a dead-giveaway. Tuesday always uses it. The mask can be inched up to show the gap--and that would probably give a circumstance bonus to Intimidate to demoralize.

Tal wrote:
We can talk after this is done. Lets keep our focus where it belongs.

The masked one nodded in silent approval.

Mera wrote:
"Oh don't you worry, I'm focused. I'm going to be behind you, ok? Just like in then tunnel. I'm counting on you, don't let me down."

The masked one beckons to Mera to join him.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"Disguise your voice as well as you can, and feign courage if you have none. When blood spills--do as the rest of us do."

Plan:
The first bear trap on AM16, dug so that it will catch a wagon wheel and break it.
Team Bandits:
Members: Cathas and Mera.
A couple of Bear Traps (perhaps 4) around AZ30-AZ29, where Mera and Cathas will draw the Hellknights into.

If they take the bait, this is our surprise round:
As readied actions, the bandits draw tanglefoot bags, and once the knights are hit by the trap (the bandits will be stationed behind them), we throw them directly at them, entangling them for 2d4 into the Bear Trap: Which also requires an Escape Artist of 22.
We place a Thunderstone on the trap itself, and cover it, so that once it triggers, the explosion of noise renders the horse too horrified to act straight, as their riders struggle with the tanglefoot bag, scared horse, and the assessment of Mera or Cathas that they are out of the fight. If there are traps left, Cathas will move his horse adjacent to them, and (since they are still flat-footed) will use his action to kick them into the trap with a Bull Rush.

Team Link:
Members: Monday/Tuesday, Janiven, Morosimo, and any other NPCs.
Upon hearing the Thunderstone or the signal (which Cathas will give Vasco), Team Link push the cart (laden with 3 Alchemical Fire potions and a thunderstone) down the hill, at the cart and the rear guard, knocking the cart to its side (and preferably taking out 4 knights, but 3 or 2 are fine). The impact would activate the thunderstone, inflicting the deafened condition in 10 ft. and -4 to intiative. Afterwards, they charge in as flanking from the positions on the map (or shoot, if they are more accurate), taking out those who got set on fire or whose horses bolted. Preferrably, this team should inflict conditions like fear--which is why I suggested Tuesday to reveal his lost neck-parts.

Team Lions:
Members: Tal and Naberius.
Upon hearing the Thunderstone from before, Team Lions swerve from underneath the bridge, and Tal jumps off his steed in a power-attack charge. Since Enlarge Person is a full-round action, Naberius needs line of sight by looking up the bridge. If it's done correctly, the Hellknights will see a man grow to the size of an ogre in mid-air in a devastating aerial charge.

After the first round, plans usually break up from the chaos of combat, and the way to the south is partially clear if Mera and Cathas (Who are not front-line fighters) don't block it.
Hopefully the steeds will take their riders with them, and dispersing them will help in the quick rounds we get.
And besides--the other characters know what they're doing. Improvising is not difficult.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Uh his clothes are dead giveaway too since they're tied to him as well lol. And the lack of a throat would be an even MORE distinct giveaway, not many guys without throats walking around.

From beneath his own mask he arches an eyebrow at the masked man, which, given Raveen's earlier disguise antics led Tuesday to believe the man to be him.


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

Edit of the Plan: Team Link throw caltrops at points AI-14-18.

The masked man observes Monday and her brother's lack of compliance, and then turns from facing them.


Male Raven Familiar | HP 12/12 | AC 16 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5 | CMB +1, CMD 7 | Init +2 | Perception +10
Masked Conspirator wrote:

Regardless--have Vasco drop a Thunderstone while he flies by. Dropping stuff is a free action.

"Noble Lore-Bearer--take a stone from the rest, and let you be known as a thunder-bird," said the man to the raven, voice echoing.

Vasco squawks in delight, though he stops to look to Naberius for acceptance. As the wizard nods, the raven snatches an offered rock. It takes all his willpower not to peck on the shiny veins on the side of the dangerous pebble.

He will take to the skies and circle there until the wagon is just beneath him. Then he will drop the thunderstone. That'll either be his surprise round action, or first round action.

Probably the latter so he will catch whichever Hellknights might have avoided the effects of the first blast.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera rises and leaves the rest of the company to join Raveen. She glances back at them, twice, on her way. As she joins her fellow masked conspirator she asks, "You're quite enjoying this, aren't you? Are you not nervous in the least?"


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

The masked man kept his eyes at the raven, and whispered as Mera approached, "Let fly these feathered messengers, harbingers of better times, those that speak for common men and punish lords for unjust crimes"

Mera Wist-Thrune wrote:
Mera rises and leaves the rest of the company to join Raveen. She glances back at them, twice, on her way. As she joins her fellow masked conspirator she asks, "You're quite enjoying this, aren't you? Are you not nervous in the least?"

"Few times in one's life can they be another person. Live the mask, sister. You've done it before, and now is not far from then."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Sense Motive 25:
His different speech pattern suggests an altered personality or some disorder.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

SM: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Sister? This guy is definitely a little high on something. Perhaps a pesh addict, they typically gain false bravado.

Mera leans in and sniffs Raveen once and then shakes her head. No, not Pesh.

Quote:
"Few times in one's life can they be another person. Live the mask, sister. You've done it before, and now is not far from then."

"I do it near daily, I am quite accustomed do it."

She leans in and whispers, "And darling, I'm quite good at it.

Returning to a normal posture she says, "However when I am in character on stage I am not performing for my life and those that bleed have a false death. Real danger is presented here and I am quite unused to this. It appears this will become a common theme, I must make arrangements for myself for future tasks."

She shoots a quick glance back towards the bridge, looking for someone or something.

Mera swallows hard puffs her chest out slightly, standing a little taller. She adjusts her mask and says, "I shall be ready when called upon, I always am. A Wist-Thrune is always prepared for whatever is brought their way."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Dust rises in the distance and if you listen closely, you can hear the sounds of horses galloping and the wheels of a large, heavy carriage.


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???
Mera Wist-Thrune wrote:
"I shall be ready when called upon, I always am. A Wist-Thrune is always prepared for whatever is brought their way."

The man didn't react to the sniff and comment, but nodded, placing his hand reassuringly on Mera's shoulder as the sound of approaching horses rose.

If nothing unexpected (the carriage being driven by more Hellknights, etc.) happens, the following events are my submissions:
The masked man will stay in his position on the map, lowering the burlap sack, and placing his hand into it.
He readies the crossbow inside. Hopefully, Mera has a ranged weapon. If not, please choose between his bow, a thunderstone, or a tanglefoot bag for the surprise round attack.
Briefcase resting on the bridge, he awaits until the carriage is clear.
If they approach on the bridge (Team Bandits look silently across the bridge like lone targets), the carriage might trigger the trap and blow up the first Thunderstone). If so, he will shout over the explosion:

"Men in suits, men of lies! Craven hearts in your insides!
Witness now common-man rise; by hour's end every-one dies!"

Hidden Crossbow in surprise round; too far for sneak attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage at lead: 1d8 ⇒ 1

@Team Link & Lion: Wait for until Team Bandit return from behind the hill. Team Bandit (on their turn) then retreats to behind the point of the traps.

Intimidate to incite(?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Edit: Not an impressive first hit, but that's good! The more they underestimate us, the more the chance they don't take us seriously.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera will stay at the ready, her light crossbow loaded and ready to go. She stares at the road as the dust begins to rise in the distance. She tries to calm her jittery nerves by telling herself this is no different than practice with Master Jurgen. She calms her breathing and sets her sight on a target once one appears. As soon as Raveen fires, she will immediately follow in turn.

Attack!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Nope.
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 Yup.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

At the sight of dust approaching Tal ducks under the bridge ready to pop out. He gives a look to Naberius to see how the man is holding up. It was somewhat surprising to Tal that he was ok with this plan as it puts him the closest to danger with Tal. This was not what he would have expected based on his experience in the sewers with the man. If the escorts used ranged weapons to target Naberius there was only so much that Tal could do to help protect him.

Sense motive on Naberius 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Raveen, as for when Tal emerges, with the initiatives being unknown Tal has no choice but to take the center of the bridge immediately to prevent the armigers from crossing. If he tries to wait to low the bandits to come back then the cloak point is lost.

Tal then readies to hurry out from under the bridge readying his shield as he goes.

It looks like Tal can make it to AN,17 as his surprise action.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Initiative:

Mera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Monday/Tuesday: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Naberius/Vasco: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Raveen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Tal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Janiven: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Shanwen: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Armiger: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Surprise Round

The Prison Transport stops as the two masked 'men' sit on horseback further up the road. Bandits? They wouldn't dare? Their shock turns to anger as one of the bandits starts taunting them. Suddenly the bandits each fire a crossbow bolt and the lead armiger stumbles from his saddle bleeding profusely. Soon shouts of Get 'em! and We'll make an example of them that people will never forget! rise among the remaining armigers.

Round 1

Imitative Order
Mera
Armigers
Tal
Raveen
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo
Shanwen
Monday/Tuesday
Naberius

Tactical map updated. Let me know if everyone is happy where they are. Even though it shows Tal and Naberius on top of the bridge, they are below it.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

I believe so, Monday/Tuesday are still pushing the boom cart arn't they or is that the other side?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map
Monday wrote:
I believe so, Monday/Tuesday are still pushing the boom cart aren't they or is that the other side?

I would prefer you and Tuesday push the boom cart instead of the NPC's. BTW...What kind of roll would you make to align the boom cart with the wagon? Range attack?


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Use Magic Device?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Before Combat:

Right after getting into position under the bridge, Naberius casts mage armor on himself. He has his wand at the ready.

Hearing the distant sounds of the wagon approaching, Naberius makes eye contact with Tal. The wizard digs out a palmful of iron dust, and starts intoning the words of power that he had been going through in his head all morning. Ending the incantation with a forceful gesture, he flings the dust at the warrior. The whirling particles make their way to Tal, clinging to his armor. He starts to feel a slight dizzying sensation, and then a sudden rush of nausea as his metabolism tries to adjust to his rapidly growing body. By the time he is ready to step out to face the Hellknights, he has effectively doubled in size.

As unhappy as he is with the whole situation, Naberius smiles under his mask. Every new spell mastered is another step towards greater power...

Cast enlarge person on Tal. Remember the increased damage dice on your weapon! :)

Surprise Round:

Hearing the sounds of their trap being sprung, Naberius slinks into position at the end of the bridge. He takes cover behind the railing, hoping he will go unnoticed in the chaos.

Assuming that the trap works as intended (the Hellknights get hit with the rigged cart), Naberius moves to AV20 as described above. The railing gives some cover, I hope.

If there is some complication with that part of the plan (no earth-shattering kaboom), he stays under the bridge for the surprise round.


Male Raven Familiar | HP 12/12 | AC 16 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5 | CMB +1, CMD 7 | Init +2 | Perception +10

Surprise Round:

Acting as he had been instructed, Vasco circles above the wagon as it arrives. The raven waits until the cart is released (assuming it happens) before dropping his own thunderstone on the Hellknights below, aiming for the center of the formation. He knows that the most important humans tend to position themselves in the middle of the flock.

Move action to fly into position above AG16, then free action to drop thunderstone on the important looking guy in the middle. :)

If there is some problem with the cart, he will drop the stone regardless, at the end of the surprise round. Maybe that will keep them busy until things start exploding.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

The bacon and eggs roil mightily in his stomach as Tal grows quickly to twice his normal size. The sudden change in height and weight causing him to shift uneasily under the bridge. Looking around Tal is quite glad that he left the horses with Gorvio. There would be no room under here with it and it would have been crushed under Tal's new size.

tal gives Naberius a thumbs up as he tests his new reach with a few thrust with his sword under the bridge. He stops his movements when the carriage gets closer and waits for the signal. He hears Raveen call out and the armigers taunt him back in return. Hurrying out to hold the bridge Tal surveys the layout of the men before him. 1 mounted down, 3 to go. 5 back by the carriage and 1 driving it. Not the best but as long as I keep my back to the edge of the bridge and keep them from flanking me I will pull through. I hope that cart is aimed correctly...

Move action as described above or as close as I can get being enlarged.

Thanks for the enlarge again Naberius. -2 AC but I will definitely take the reach as they go first. Raveen I know you wanted me to wait but if I do then the horsemen will be able to charge you this round

GM RichD:

I don't know if you want me to roll for AOO's or not since Tal has reach. If you do want me to roll them I will place them in a spoiler at the end of my posts.

AOO 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 = 25 (str, MW weapon, weapon focus, BAB, tower shield, size) for 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 1

Initative Order
Mera
Tal
Raveen
Armigers (Deafened)
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo
Shanwen (Deafened)
Monday/Tuesday
Naberius

Shanwen DC15 Fort Save against Thunderstone:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Mounted Armigers Round 1 Action
(This occurs after Mera, Tal & Raveen's action)

Surprised and deafened as the thunderstone exploded in their midst, the three lead armigers ride cautiously forward shouting (loudly) for the bandits to surrender. AJ18 To AT18; AH18 To AR18;AH 15 To AR15 The armiger flanking the wagon, will remember his training and advance to support his three compatriots. AF15 To AP15 The remaining four armigers will spread out to protect the carriage. AE15 To AH12; AE16 To AE 12; AF 17 To AH20; AE17 To AE20 The driver (civilian not armiger) begins to turn the carriage back to Westcrown. Because of its bulk the carriage is not easy to maneuver and makes wide turns.

Janiven, Vitti, Morosimo Round 1 Action

As it is turns, Janiven, Vitti & Morosimo release the cart and it rolls down the hill impacting the carriage setting off the alchemist's fire.

Damage from Ramming/Alchemist's Fire: 1d8 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + (1, 1, 6) = 14

Shanwen Round 1 Action

The full-fledged Hellknight will ride to the carriage. AK15

If Raveen and Mera put another armiger down, then one of the flankers will ride up. The carriage is starting to catch fire. @Tal, I have no problem with you rolling you AOO's (Based on what I rolled for the cart damage, you might prefer it if I didn't roll it :) ) Tactical map updated.

EDIT:Tactical Map updated to reflect an enlarged Tal


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Chaos.

Things were moving very fast now. Mera takes another breath and tries to remain focused.

Focus!

A quick breath in. Retrieve the bolt already arranged in front of her. Reload. Settling breath.

Fire!

Mera locks on to the closest target and lets another bolt fly towards her target.

So far so good, what could possibly go wrong with this plan?

Atttacckk!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Meet Mera. Chelaxian sniperess extraordinaire.
Crit Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 Blarg


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Round 1

Hearing the explosion, and then the armigers loudly making their way over the bridge (and possibly clashing with Tal), Naberius decides to move into a better position to peek out once they have passed. Trying to sneak as silently as he can, he keeps his head low and attempts to slink to the other side of the bridge. Unused to such activity, he instead clambers noisily over the loose rocks of the rivershore. Silently cringing under his mask, Naberius is thankful for the noise of the ambush concealing the clatter and splashes caused by the misplaced pebbles.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Horrible, as expected. I'm not sure if Naberius even needs to roll, though. He is out of line of sight, and the deafened armigers automatically fail Perception checks based on sound.

The armigers on the other side might see him lurking about, but being deafened makes it hard to communicate between themselves. They will have other things to worry about before Naberius' turn, anyway...

Double move to square AT13. He will attempt to stay out of sight, so if AT13 doesn't provide cover from the armigers on the bridge, he would stop at AS14 instead.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Using his new height to his advantage Tal moves out from the bridge now that he Thunderstone has been released. Taking stock of the situation Tal see the armigers advancing over the bridge towards Mera and Raveen. What stops his movement is the appearance of a full hellknight at the reigns of the carriage. Of all the foes facing them he was the most deadly. Calling to single the Hellknight out Tal hopes to keep his attention and possibly those of the nearest armigers focusing on him to keep the others safe. Come face me Racker and put your skill to the test if you dare. Tal then sets himself in a fighting stance to swing at the hellknight when he gets closer.

Move action to move onto the bridge. Guessing at AL/AM,18/19 while readying shield

Ready action to attack hellknight when within range. 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 = 17 for 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12

AOO and effects:

AOO attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 = 23 for 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 = 12
Enlarge person 12? of 20 rounds
10ft reach
AC: 20 currently from Enlarge Person
CMD: 21


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

Round 1
18/18 HP, 3/3 Guile

Mera Wist-Thrune wrote:
Mera locks on to the closest target and lets another bolt fly towards her target.

"Very good," He whispered, seeing the Hellknights scatter and struggle to communicate.

Once Tal moved out of position before his time, he frowned, but quickly adapted.

Move action
He kicks up his mount to approach to point AV18, giving Tal's instinct a chance.
Standard action
He will use Mera's tanglefoot bag, and throw it at the nearest knight who seems to be approaching them.

Touch Attack w/tanglefoot bag at knight on AT16 Point-Blank + 1 from 1 Guile Point: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
That's a bad roll. I use a Guile Point to give myself +1 to attack rolls for a total Touch of 10. He will probably be glued to his horse.
2/3 Guile.

Noticing Naberius, he will shout at his direction, "Have you anything that forms a barrier between us and them?"

A monster or a spell--he's not picky when plans break down.
@GM: Did the gathered hellknights in the north take any AoE damage?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Masked Conspirator wrote:
Noticing Naberius, he will shout at his direction, "Have you anything that forms a barrier between us and them?"

Assuming I end up in a square in which I can be seen:

Yes, if you would refrain from giving away my position..

Naberius nods and tries to hush Raveen by placing a forefinger in front of his 'beak.' Even if the armigers could not hear them, they might still see the rogue looking in his direction and shouting...

I'll get right on that. You'll have to wait until the end of the next round, unfortunately.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 1

Initiative Order/HP
Mera 21 (15/15)
Tal 19 (25/25)
Raveen 16 (18/18)
Armigers 16 (?/?) Deafened
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo 11 (?/?)
Shanwen 10 (?/?) Deafened/Wounded
Monday/Tuesday 4 (10/10)(22/22)
Naberius/Vasco 4 (16/16) (8/8)

Mera quickly reloads and shoots another bolt at an armiger. The armiger staggers in the saddle but does not fall. An enlarged Tal climbs out from under the bridge and verbally and physically threatens the Hellknight. Raveen advances and throws a tanglefoot bag at the wounded armiger sticking him into his saddle. The civilian wagon driver, deafened and burned, jumps from the carriage seat and starts to run towards Westcrown. The horses pulling the carriage are also burned and start to follow the driver back to town, but the entangled wreckage of the cart is making it hard for them to gain any speed. Shanwen smiles at Tal. WELL BANDIT! YOU HAVE MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE ATTACKING A COMMAND OF SHANWEN SHANWEN. I WILL ENJOY SEEING YOU DRAWN AND QUARTERED! As he jumps from his horse he underestimates Tal’s reach and gets a brutal gash for his trouble. From inside the burning carriage you hear a feeble, Help Me! Help Me!

We need Monday and Tuesday’s Round 1 actions and then we can proceed with round 2. Tactical map updated with Round 1 actions so far.


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

Oh, this is bad. I didn't read Tal's post well enough. I thought he meant moving up to AP16/AQ17 when he mentioned protecting the rear. This leaves Mera, Naberius, and Raveen exposed if they don't take the bait.
It's disruptive to retro my action, so I'm hoping for bad rolls, but things are not looking bright.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Umm I hadn't acted yet because you had the Twins initiative going after the NPCs, was I supposed to act earlier?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Nope, you're good. Usually in order to speed things up I ask everyone post regardless of where they are in the initiative and then we'll craft the narrative.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Oh! Okay thats what was confusing me hehe. All good now!

Moving behind her brother she makes an imitiation of walking with her fingers up his back while whispering "Cu viteză."

Varisian:

"With Speed."

Cast Expeditious Retreat on Tuesday.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

With his legs bristling with energy the phantom bounds for the burning transport and attempts to get inside.

Move action to AK-14, Move action to open door of carriage (if it's not locked).


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 1 (Continued)

Monday casts expeditious retreat on Tuesday who quickly moves up to the burning carriage.

Tuesday:
The carriage door is locked. DC 25 Disable Device. The lock also has a hardness of 5.

Round 2

Initiative Order/HP
Mera 21 (15/15)
Tal 19 (25/25)
Raveen 16 (18/18)
Armigers 16 (?/?) Deafened
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo 11 (?/?)
Shanwen 10 (?/?) Deafened/Wounded
Monday/Tuesday 4 (10/10)(22/22)
Naberius/Vasco 4 (16/16) (8/8)

We are now starting Round 2. Tactical Map updated to show where everyone is at the end of Round 1. Post when ready!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Can't Tuesday phase through it? :)


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

He can but he would lose his mask and scarf in doing so so kinda trying to keep that as a last resort in this encounter :3


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

And it might freak out the captive inside, lol.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

That too.

401 to 450 of 4,794 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.