DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


451 to 500 of 4,832 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

Round 2:
In my assessment, our positioning is very chaotic, our ranks easy to infiltrate. Cathas gives the signal for Janiven and the others to move in. Upon reviewing the new placements, he would prefer for Naberius to lay low and support the northern side of the river rather than risk himself against the advancing Hellknights.

"To me, sister!" He calls to Mera, drawing a dagger and throwing it at the nearest unwounded Hellknight, before retreating behind the south-eastern tree.

Standard action:
Cathas throws his dagger at the glued Hellknight at AR15.

Attack, Point-Blank range: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
If Glued=Pinned, Sneak Attack applies: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Move action:
He spurs his steed, and retreats to AZ28, careful to lead his horse past the areas he set traps on.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Round 2

Tal scored the first hit but the hellknight was still standing. Just as well, thought Tal. We need him alive at the end of this. Hopefully the rest of us are that way as well. Perhaps we can goad him a bit more.

Did that 1 sting you a bit. There is more where that cam from whoever you are. Never heard of you before today.

Tal then swings once again with the longsword trying to put as much power behind this strike as possible. The quicker the hellknight went down the quicker the others would break rank and flee.

power attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 - 1 = 7 for 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 + 2 = 18

Having overextended himself quite badly Tal checks his swing at the last minute to prevent from loosing his balance. The result is a horrible swing that the hellknight is probably laughing at. Not wanting to give the hellknight a chance to close easily Tal moves back onto the bridge ending at AN/AO,17/18. With the bear trap next to him and the bridge at his back Tal is as protected as possible when Shanwen approaches.

AOO attack and effects:

AOO on first target possible even if it is not the hellknight.1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 - 1 = 9 for 2d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 + 2 = 14
Enlarge person 13? of 20 rounds
10ft reach
AC: 20 currently from Enlarge Person
CMD: 21

That was a pathetic round for Tal.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera evaluates the situation and is not pleased. There are four Hellknights bridge, what seems like a few paces away.

Why was this a good idea again?

Mera lowers the crossbow, her confidence wavering momentarily. Deciding she needs to boost her confidence for herself more than her companions she begins to sing the glorious tale of the battle of Daggermark bridge.

Once she begun singing she will move out of direct line of sight to AY21.

Inspire Courage!


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

Before spurring his steed to the south-east, Cathas looks to Vasco.

If Vasco approaches:
"Inform your master to support the northern bank. We've got this covered.

@Mera: Cathas asked for Mera to join him near AZ28, taking cover behind the hidden traps and trees.
I can't repeat it in-character, since Mera's initiative comes before his.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 2

Initiative Order/HP
Mera 21 (4/15)Wounded
Tal 19 (25/25)
Raveen 16 (18/18)
Armigers 16 (?/?) Deafened
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo 11 (?/?)
Shanwen 10 (?/?) Deafened/Wounded
Monday/Tuesday 4 (10/10)(22/22)
Naberius/Vasco 4 (16/16) (8/8)

Mera starts to sing a heroic song while moving out of the path of the armigers. Raveen tosses a dagger at the wounded, stuck-to-his-horse armiger and he collapses but his horse carries him on. Raveen then retreats to just after the traps. Tal taunts Shanwen and tries to hit him with his sword but misses. He then moves back to the bridge. The three armigers cross the bridge and start to surround Mera. WE WOULD HAVE LET YOU SURRENDER AND FACE PUNISHMENT BUT YOREN AND STAHL WILL BE AVENGED!
Armiger 1 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Armiger 2 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Armiger 3 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Armiger 1 Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Armiger 1 Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7
Armiger 2 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The two flanking armigers on the left see Tuesday at the door to the burning carriage dismount and move to stop him. Move action to dismount and standard move action. The two flanking armigers, seeing their superior officer bleeding, also dismount and approach the huge warrior. Move action to dismount and standard move action. As the Armiger approaches, Tal tries to swing at him and misses. Janiven moves to intercept one of the armigers.
Janiven Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Unfortunately she is unable to strike a blow. Vitti will also move to hit the armiger with his club,
Vitti Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Vitti Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
and severely wound the armiger. Morosimo will move up but realize he can neither help Tuesday at the back of the wagon nor attack, will stop and wait for an opportunity. Shanwen will move up to Tal and attempt to hit him with his mace.
Shanwen Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 He howls in frustration as his mace connects with nothing but air.

Next up Monday/Tuesday & Naberius
Tactical Map updated


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Mer..!" Monday starts but holds the name as she sees the Hellknights swarm the singer. Running to her she stops letting the thoughts be simple between her Tuesday and forms a complete order. Kill.

She then charges the the leftmost Hellknight attacking the phantom, kukri drawn.
Charge: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Immediately on cue he stops what he was doing and turns to face the hellknights as his coat and shirt dissolve into himself, revealing gray corded muscle. Cracking his knuckles as he closes his hands into fists he swings at the Hellknight directly behind him. Underneath his mask he was wearing a rather malicious grin.

Slam 1: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
Slam 2: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24

Damage 1: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
Damage 2: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Slam 2 Confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Critical Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15
Masked Conspirator wrote:

@Mera: Cathas asked for Mera to join him near AZ28, taking cover behind the hidden traps and trees.

I can't repeat it in-character, since Mera's initiative comes before his.

Yes, *I* know that but since Mera is first in initiative she wouldn't have heard you shout that until she had acted unfortunately. She was heading that way anyway but didn't double-move because she felt like her allies needed her help.

As Mera runs for cover it becomes clear to her that this was not exactly what she had in mind for this day. As she gets surrounded and the blows begin to land on her she waivers. A choked gasp and scream interrupt laced her song as she falters.

She hears the call from Raveen to fall back but she sees she isn't going to make it with three of these men all around her. If she takes a step to the east she surely will be struck down from behind. Her thoughts flash to her latest work.

Urgathoa. She stood up and faced her fears and those that challenged her.

Mera steadies herself the best she can and prepares for a final stand, hoping someone will come to her aid. She takes a 5' step backwards and withdraws his rapier, dropping her crossbow. She tries to implement the form that she was taught, but right now she can barely even focus on anything but her song. She lunches forward with everything she has and attempts to bury her rapier into the closest foe.

Move to AZ22, Attack AZ21

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16 Oh please oh please oh please.
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Psst. Arazni is the sexy one with the rapier.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 2 Continued

Monday charges an armiger and severely wounds him. Tuesday turns around and with one swing from his powerful arms knocks the armiger down, his head bleeding from a wicked gash.

We just need Naberius to finish up Round 2 and Mera's action will open Round 3. Tactical map updated.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Near the top of the round so posting now as I am heading to bed...

Tal sees the armigers go racing across the bridge and curses himself for not acting sooner to prevent them from engaging Mera and Raveen. To make matters worse he failed to hit the hellknight Shanwen. Now he was still engaged and Mera was in trouble behind him. Putting aside such distracting thoughts Tal let the flow of battle speak to him. Two foes were on him adjacent to each other. He knew of a trick that would allow him to attack both at once but it would leave him vulnerable in return if they did not fall. Such risks were necessary sometimes and Tal took that chance now.

power cleave attack on armiger 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 = 8 for 2d6 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 13

Timing his swing so that Shanwen and the armiger were close together Tal's blade moves deftly for its size as it tries to go under the armiger weapon. Tal's blade gets deflected by the armiger's crossguard throwing off his attack.

Not having connected with his blow Tal tries to move back out of the way of the 2 foes and get closer to Mera in the process.

Move out of threatened position and continue moving south for a total of 30 feet.

AOO and effects:

AOO 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 = 27 for 2d6 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 17
crit confirm 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 = 9 for 2d6 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 12

AC: currently 18
Enlarge person 14? of 20

Really back to back nat 1's on my attacks. this is not a good sign.


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

@GM: For the purposes of initiative, don't we get our actions on a first-to-post-is-first-to-act basis?

Round 3

Cathas turned, and noticed that Mera didn't follow. Surrounded by Hellknights, she began fighting.

Cathas signals for Vasco to rescind the message, and tries to pass a secret message to Naberius

Bluff to Pass Secret Message: Verbal cue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Message:
Support Mera! Conjure something!

Move: Biting down a voiced curse, with blood pounding in his ears, he spurred his horse to BA20. He avoided the traps and entered from BB210 to avoid an oncoming slash (AOO).

Standard: As he approached, he drew his short-sword, and attacked the Hellknight on AZ20, taking advantage of his flanked state, yet remaining cautious in his attack.

Attack w/Shortsword Vs. Flat-footed; Flanking, Combat Expertise, Fighting Defensively; +1 to AC: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 20
Damage + Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (4) = 7

Depending on Naberius's Response

If he supports with a spell:
Cathas keeps his position, hoping to flank with the conjured creature--if it is Grease, he will continue to fight, but begin to retreat alongside Mera.

If he does not support, misses the secret message, or supports the north side::

"Behind the trees! I'll follow you!" He shouted to her.
"We retreat!"
She can now withdraw via AZ22 and further back without being attacked.
Bluff to lure Hellknights behind him: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Round 2

Sorry if I was holding things up! I was at the bottom of the initiative and wanted to see how things would develop before posting my action.

Hearing the armigers stomp past him on the bridge, Naberius finally clambers up and peeks out to see what is happening. He curses out loud, seeing the Hellknights surround Mera and attack her viciously. The conjurer tries to maintain his calm, knowing that unrestrained emotions would not aid him in what he was about to attempt.

Naberius bites on his left thumb, hard enough to draw blood. He bends down and uses the blood to draw a small pentacle on the abutment of the bridge, surrounded by smaller symbols. All the while he chants in Infernal, reciting the syllables of the complex tongue in a commanding tone:

"მოვუწოდებ პირველი წრე, იმ ვაკეზე ჟანგი და ცრემლები. მოვუწოდებ ჯოჯოხეთური არმიას ავერნუსი, ოდესმე თვალს სულის დაწყევლილი და ბილიკები ჯოჯოხეთი. მე გახევა გახსნა პირბადე შორის მსოფლიოს, ჩემი საკუთარი ძალა. მე მოწვევა მეოთხე მსახური უნდა გააკეთოს ჩემი საკონკურსო, ჩემი საკუთარი ნება. აღიქვამს ჩემი გამოძახებით! დაემორჩილეთ ჩემს ბრძანება!"

Infernal:

"I call upon the First Circle, upon the plains of rust and tears. I call upon the infernal legions of Avernus, ever watching over souls of the damned and the paths to Hell. I rend open the veil between worlds, by my own power. I summon forth a servant to do my bidding, by my own will. Heed my call! Obey my command!"

The pentacle glows and ripples, and in a puff of smoke and brimstone a fearsome eagle with rust-colored feathers and burning red eyes flies out, letting out a bloodcurdling screech. It immediately attacks the closest armiger, trying to claw and peck at his eyes through his visor.

Talon 1, Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7
Talon 2, Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 25
Bite, Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 22

Talon 2, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bite, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Casting the spell seems to take its toll on the wizard, who slumps against the abutment, exhausted.

Move to square AV14. Cast summon monster I to summon a fiendish eagle, using Acadamae Graduate feat to make casting a standard action (with a chance of making the caster fatigued), and Augment Summoning. Naberius will also use his Master of Pentacles trait, which allows the eagle to stick around for a couple of rounds longer. The eagle will appear in the square AY19, above the enemy, and attack.

The bonuses from flanking and 'higher ground' are already added in the rolls above.

1/4 rounds of eagle left..


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 2 Continued

Naberius Summons a fiendish eagle which attacks one of the armigers. While it severely wounds the armiger, it does not put him down. This takes its toll on the mage.

Round 3

Initiative Order/HP
Mera 21 (4/15)Wounded
Tal 19 (25/25)
Raveen 16 (11/18)Wounded
Armigers 16 (?/?) Deafened
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo 11 (?/?)
Shanwen 10 (?/?) Deafened/Wounded
Monday/Tuesday 4 (10/10)(22/22)
Naberius/Vasco 4 (16/16) (8/8)Fatigued

Mera escapes the encircling armigers and stabs one with her rapier causing him to fall into unconsciousness. Tal misses the armiger and moves to Mera’s aid. Raveen also comes to Mera’s aid, stabbing an armiger and causing the armiger to reel in the saddle, but not fall. The armiger that was attacked by the eagle, tries to stab the bird.
Armiger Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Armiger Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Does a fiendish eagle have more hit points than a standard eagle?
The other Armiger will attack Raveen.
Armiger Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Armiger Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Armiger Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Another armiger will pursue Tal.
Armiger Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
But he just can't seem to connect on the large warrior.
The other armiger will attack Vitti to repay him for the hit Vitti gave him.
Armiger Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
But the little, green-haired fellow deftly steps out of the way. The last armiger will attack Tuesday, lest he too be slammed.
Armiger Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Wow! Three fours in a row!
Janiven will step to the side of the armiger and attempt to stab him since he just attempted to stab Vitti.
Janiven Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Vitti will move to the opposite side and hit the armiger.
Vitti Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8
Unfortunately, this time he misses. Morosimo will start to move to the burning carriage.
DC 12 Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Shanwen will move up to attack Tal.
Shanwen Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
The Hellknight sneers, I'LL GET YOU YET BANDIT!

Next up Monday, Tuesday & Naberius. Tactical Map updated.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
DM RichD wrote:
Does a fiendish eagle have more hit points than a standard eagle?

An augmented eagle has 7 HP, so it's still up. Barely.

Round 3

Naberius grits his teeth and stumbles to his feet, trying to catch his breath. The conjurer starts weaving another spell, digging a hardened clump of butter from his pouch. As he speaks the words of arcane power, the butter starts to melt and sizzle, finally evaporating completely. With a sweeping gesture, the ground beneath the armigers harassing Mera and Raveen is coated with a translucent layer of grease.

Move to AX14. Cast grease in squares AX20, AX21, AY20, and AY21. The armigers need to make a DC 17 Reflex save or fall prone.

The eagle, severely wounded but driven by a fiendish malevolence, keeps savaging the armiger in front of it who might or might not be prone now.

Talon 1, Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17
Talon 2, Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
Bite, Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18

Talon 1, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Bite, Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

2/4 rounds left until the eagle is sent back to the unholy pit whence it came. 1/7 HP left.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Did the Armageddon or Shanwen hit Tal as he moved away? Likewise did Tal hit when one of them moved up within his reach?


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Mera's scream sileincing her singing still ringing in his ears Tuesday turns his anger to the last standing Armiger in view.

Slam 1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13
Slam 2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 21

Damage 1: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Damage 2: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Letting her brother deal with the annoyance Monday pushes past onto the bridge and towards Mera.

Double move to AU-15, unless Shanwen is still alive in which case she'll move behind him at an angle in order to provide a flank with Tal.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 3 Continued

Initiative Order/HP
Mera 21 (4/15)Wounded
Tal 19 (21/25)Wounded
Raveen 16 (11/18)Wounded
Armigers 16 (?/?) Deafened/Wounded
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo 11 (?/?)
Shanwen 10 (?/?)Deafened/Wounded
Monday/Tuesday 4 (10/10)(22/22)
Naberius/Vasco 4 (16/16) (8/8)Fatigued

Monday moves to help Mera out of trouble as Tuesday slams the armiger previously wounded by Monday and the armiger goes down. Naberius’ eagle, looking worse for wear, finishes the armiger with whom it has been dueling with. Naberius then casts grease under the armiger’s mounts.
Horse’s Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
The only horse with a rider who is not bleeding out keeps his footing.

Edit from previous post: (Sorry about that)
AOO On Tal as he moves across the bridge:
Armiger AOO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Shanwen AOO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Armiger Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The armiger is able to stab Tal as he moves across the bridge, but as the armiger follows Tal, Tal returns the favor and slays the armiger.

Start of Round 4. Tactical map updated.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

All around the battlefield opponents were falling leaving just a few left. Tal had hoped that they could follow Janiven's wishes and subdue them rather than outright kill them but that was not always possible in the heat of battle. Perhaps if Tal connects this time he will switch to the sap. Still taunting Shanwen, Tal enjoyed her futility. Your subordinates are dropping all around you. Why, you have yet to hit me while at least this one beside you had the skill to do so. I think I will take pity on you and make this last longer while you suffer in your ineptitude.

attack with longsword1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 16 for 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 damage

Tal then moves back again dropping his sword and drawing his sap as he does so. Come on and see if you can hit me.

standard attack with longsword
free action drop weapon
move action to go back 15ft to AW/AX,18/19 and draw sap (provide flank for Raveen)

effects and AOO:

AOO with sap 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 26 for 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 subdual damage.
crit confirm 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 12 for 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 subdual damage.
Round 15? of 20 enlarge
AC: 20
hp 21/25


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

Round 4

Focused entirely on the southern side of the river and what was before him, he fought alongside Mera until there was one Hellknight left--(AX21). The knight and his horse were stable in combat--but not for long.

[Move Action]
Bluff to Feint, utilizing the Guile Pool.
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
[Standard Action]
Attack with shortsword: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
Damage w/shortsword + sneak attack + inspire courage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 1 = 5

If the Hellknight is 1 hp away, Cathas will expend another point to deal +1 point of damage.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera drops her performance, (but it will continue for two more rounds due to lingering performance) but the sounds of her song still echo through the battlefield. Having secured help from her allies she now feels much more comfortable in her situation. With only a single target remaining she decides to try and put him in a situation where Raveen can finish him and she can take off for safety. She looks towards the last armiger and focuses an extremely high pitched ear piercing at him.

When she finishes her burst, which is only directed at the enemy, she turns tail and runs off to the east behind the trees. AX27

The target is dazed for 1 round and takes 1d6 ⇒ 3 points of sonic damage. A successful DC16 fortitude save negates the daze effect and halves the damage.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 4

Initiative Order/HP
Mera 21 (4/15)Wounded
Tal 19 (21/25)Wounded
Raveen 16 (11/18)Wounded
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo 11 (?/?)
Shanwen 10 (?/?) Deafened/Wounded
Monday/Tuesday 4 (10/10)(22/22)
Naberius/Vasco 4 (16/16) (8/8)Fatigued

Mera focuses an extremely high-pitched sound at the armiger.
Armiger Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
The armiger is not dazed, but looks horrible. Tal attempts to stab Shanwen but is unable to do so. He then moves further across the bridge dropping his sword and drawing his sap. Raveen puts the armiger that was tormenting Mera down. You did not need the extra point. The last remaining armiger will attempt to stab Vitti.
Armiger Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Armiger Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
This time the little green-haired fellow is not so lucky and is badly wounded. Janiven and Vitti both attempt to put the last remaining armiger down.
Janiven Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Vitti Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 2 = 18
Vitti Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Janiven misses again, but is is Vitti that puts him down. Janiven shoots the green-haired fellow a look of mock jealousy. Morosimo rushes to the back of the wagon and attempts to open up the door.
DC 25 to pick lock: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
But is unable to do it. Meanwhile the carriage is becoming more consumed with fire and the voice inside sounds feebler and feebler. Shanwen turns to Monday and yells, MAYBE YOU'LL BE EASIER TO HIT THEN YOUR LARGE FRIEND!
Shanwen Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Shanwen can't believe his inability to deal with these common bandits!

Next up, Monday, Tuesday & Naberius. Tactical Map updated.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Slam 1: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Slam 2: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Damage 1: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
Damage 2: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

With the armigers down Tuesday turns his attention to the door, going for the direct approach. Unless the door is metal, in which case he'll attack the lock. His attacks are considered magical if it helps any.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Monday can't help but laugh pitifully as the hellknight for whatever reason deicded to try and attack her instead of the armored man currently trying to kill him. Swiping at him with her kukri she takes a step back.

Attack then 5ft step to AU-16


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Round 4

I'm not sure how hurt Shanwen actually is, but in case he is still up...

Seeing the rest of the armigers fall, Naberius fixes the leading Hellknight with a stare. He had one more spell left. It should do. The conjurer starts yet another incantation, making a few tired but decisive gestures to draw on the power of elemental fire. As he gets out the final syllables of the spell, he points to the Hellknight's mace, which turns red hot in an instant.

Cast burning disarm on Shanwen. He may attempt a DC 16 Reflex save to drop his weapon, if he wants to avoid getting burned. Of course, he could just decide to hang onto it, but then he will automatically take the damage...

Burning Disarm: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Moving quickly forward Tal uses his mometemum to great advantage. As he charges he laughs at Shanwen again. So pathetic and futile. It is amazing you made it thus far already in the ranks. Perhaps you are just wealthy and bribed your way through training.

Charge power sap attack 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 - 2 = 21 for 1d8 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 14 non lethal

Finally landing a solid blow Tal stops to survey the scene. 1 armiger left and that was everyone. Once finished with him then they could turn their attention to limiting the casualties of combat, free Areal, and then clean the area up.


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???

Round 4

With Mera's song ringing in his ears, Cathas stabbed forwards at the Hellknight. Once satisfied at his inability to contribute, he turned to the battlefield. Team Lion seemed to be doing its job, and he winced internally at the crushing assault by the enlarged guard-for-hire.

Had he the time, he would have appreciated how willing he was to preserve the lives of his foes.

Cathas noticed Morosimo attempting to pick the lock on the carriage, and Tuesday attempting to break the door down.
"Move away! he shouted, spurring his horse to reach AL16, consuming a double-move, and jumping off his horse to (eventually) pick the lock (if they do move away--otherwise he will have no movement to put himself in position for the lock-picking).

Standard + Move
Double-move from AY22 to AK15.

If there is a Hellknight threatening the area:
Cathas spurs his mount to leap over the river from AT23 to AO23; total of 20 ft. across.
Ride, untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
He then presses through (attack or no) to do the check below.

"You'll be free yet!" he shouted into the carriage, kneeling before the lock and examining it quickly.

"Are you hurt?" he asked, studying his voice from the carriage as his hands worked. "Can you hear me?"

Heal; Untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

If he can't hear anything:
"Bad sign," he commented darkly.

This check happens in round 5: or if he is allowed to make a check anyway due to combat ending.

"Hang on!" he shouted, deftly drawing his thieves' tools.
Disable Device to Open Locks: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
A quick series of clicks and practiced movements unlock the door, and Cathas's hand reaches into the smoke, dragging the priest out into a world of fresh air.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 4 Continued

Initiative Order/HP
Mera 21 (4/15)Wounded
Tal 19 (21/25)Wounded
Raveen 16 (11/18)Wounded
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo 11 (?/?)
Shanwen 10 (?/?) Deafened/Wounded
Monday/Tuesday 4 (10/10)(22/22)
Naberius/Vasco 4 (16/16) (8/8)Fatigued

Monday tries to hit the Hellknight but is unable to while Tuesday tries to smash the lock and only scratches it. Naberius casts burning disarm on the Hellknight's mace.
Shanwen's Reflex save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Shanwen drops his mace but takes no damage from the burning hot weapon.

Round 5

Initiative Order/HP
Mera 21 (4/15)Wounded
Tal 19 (21/25)Wounded
Raveen 16 (11/18)Wounded
Janiven/Vitti/Morosimo 11 (?/?)
Shanwen 10 (?/?) Deafened/Wounded
Monday/Tuesday 4 (10/10)(22/22)
Naberius/Vasco 4 (16/16) (8/8)Fatigued

Mera [Bot] will start to round up the armiger's horses and secure the bleeding armigers. Tal charges Shanwen and hits him so hard with the sap that he knocks the Hellkight unconscious.

Raveen wrote:
"Are you hurt?" he asked, studying his voice from the carriage as his hands worked. "Can you hear me?"

A voice barely audible rasps out. Please help me! I can't breathe! Too much smoke! Raveen opens the door and pulls the half-elf out of the carriage. He is coughing hard from the acidic smoke in his lungs and he is badly bruised from the impact. His wrists are manacled.

He looks up at his masked rescuers. Who are are you? he whispers between coughs.

Arael
Shanwen

Out of Round mode. Besides one armiger, all the rest including Shanwen are either stabilized or bleeding out. Tactical Map updated


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Needing to act in a hurry to fulfill Janiven's wishes Tal drops his sap and picks up Shanwen and brings him over to where someone more skilled than him can stabilize the hellknight. Tal continues bringing over the wounded for treatment figuring it is easier for the healers to do it all in one spot at the carriage than to move to each person. When he gets to Mera, Here, let me carry those men for you. From the looks of things you took the brunt of the attack instead of myself. I am sorry I was not out quicker to stem the tide of their counterattack. Monday said that she was skilled in the healing arts I believe. Perhaps you should go to her and leave the rest of this manual labor to myself.

By this time Tal has shrunk to his normal size with all of the armigers and Shanwen rounded up. Picking up his sap and longsword Tal sheaths the longsword and straps his shield on his back. The sap he affixes to his belt. Looking over the bodies of the vanquished Tal looks at Naberius standing nearby. That was quite some effect you placed upon me. I must say it has it bonuses but its limitations as well. Is there anyway you can make so I am not as clumsy next time. I could tell as I was fighting that my balance was slightly off. I was able to compensate for it a bit but not enough as that armigers still managed to penetrate my defenses.

Assuming we are looting the bodies and rounding up the horses can I get a loot list from you RichD?


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Letting out an aggravated sigh at having to help the Hellknights Monday goes about gingerly tapping them with her, hesitant to touch them almost as if their bodies bore plague. With every tap she mumbles out a quick "ședere." and the Hellknight's wounds cease to bleed though they do not close. Casting Stabilize.

Varisian:

"Stay."

After the Hellknights are dealt with Monday immediatlly turns her attentions to Mera, fretting over the Diva. Carefully tracing the other woman's wounds she gently pushes her hands over the wounds while whispering "Trăi." Casting Cure Light Wounds.

Varisian:

"Live."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

As the spell takes effect a soothing coolness flows from her hands into the singer's body, sealing up the wounds as the life enegery flows through Mera's body in a calming wave.


Unknown (Probable Male) Unknown Race ???
DM RichD wrote:

A voice barely audible rasps out. Please help me! I can't breathe! Too much smoke! Raveen opens the door and pulls the half-elf out of the carriage. He is coughing hard from the acidic smoke in his lungs and he is badly bruised from the impact. His wrists are manacled.

He looks up at his masked rescuers. Who are are you? he whispers between coughs.

"We have no time to explain. Come with us," he said, beckoning at Janiven to take her friend. "Morosimo--you know a hidden way to the base?"

If there is a safe path--through the sewers:
"Lovely," he said with a grimace.

He pointed at Mera and Arael, "See to their wounds."

If someone heals Cathas to full hit points, he will not need to drink the CLW potion.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"Regarding the Hellknights," he said, turning to the bound men. "I'm of the opinion we keep them alive. It is a sign of honor and refinement to prevent unnecessary suffering."
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Sense Motive DC 14:
He doesn't really need all of the men alive--but he'd prefer it.

"As for the rest of you," He turned to the rest, and said, "You need to lay low for a while. If you have no businesses to attend to," he said, eyes glancing at Tal, Monday, and Naberius. "Go back to the base. Otherwise, establish an alibi as soon as possible. I shall come by this evening: we need to spread the word quickly."
@GM:
Cathas will stealthily enter the city, and then adopt various disguises (-2 uses of Disguise Kit), and roll reverse Gather Information checks to spread rumors of a new organization that ambushed and defeated the Hellknights. In some rumors, they are twenty; in some, they are only four, depending of the listeners are more impressed by numbers or skill.
Time Spent Spreading Rumors: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 hours.

Stealth to enter city: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Disguise 1: a dock worker; +2 Disguise Kit, talking to as much people on the docks that he could: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Disguise 2: a Dottari telling others; +2 Disguise Kit.: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
If you need a Bluff check to deceive them
Bluff to Lie: He is a Dottari and he heard this from the guards at the gate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
He spreads the rumor in shops, taverns, hints at it at gatherings and markets, and only leaves once he begins hearing others repeat it.
Meanwhile, he attends to his apartment, and checks up on any business papers, attempting to establish an alibi.
[Lie: Bad hangover kept me sleeping until noon]
Bluff to Lie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Getting good rolls! If he fails any by <4 points, he will invest a Guile Point or two.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
Looking over the bodies of the vanquished Tal looks at Naberius standing nearby. That was quite some effect you placed upon me. I must say it has it bonuses but its limitations as well. Is there anyway you can make so I am not as clumsy next time. I could tell as I was fighting that my balance was slightly off. I was able to compensate for it a bit but not enough as that armigers still managed to penetrate my defenses.

The conjurer looks impassively at the proceedings, and answers in a haggard tone, "I will see what I can do..."

Masked Conspirator wrote:
"Regarding the Hellknights," he said, turning to the bound men. "I'm of the opinion we keep them alive. It is a sign of honor and refinement to prevent unnecessary suffering."

"Yes yes, leave them here. The smoke will be seen far, someone will come for them," Naberius says, leaning heavily on his cane, "which is, consequently, why we should leave immediately."

Masked Conspirator wrote:
"As for the rest of you," He turned to the rest, and said, "You need to lay low for a while. If you have no businesses to attend to," he said, eyes glancing at Tal, Monday, and Naberius. "Go back to the base. Otherwise, establish an alibi as soon as possible. I shall come by this evening: we need to spread the word quickly."

Naberius simply nods, eager to be back in hiding.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15
Tal wrote:
When he gets to Mera, Here, let me carry those men for you. From the looks of things you took the brunt of the attack instead of myself. I am sorry I was not out quicker to stem the tide of their counterattack. Monday said that she was skilled in the healing arts I believe. Perhaps you should go to her and leave the rest of this manual labor to myself.

When Raveen puts down the last armiger near her, Mera looks around for more trouble and doesn't see any. She begins to round things up and once that is taken care of she laughs once as Tal approaches. She turns to himi and starts to talk with some bravado in her voice. She says, "That wasn't so bad. Did you see how-"

When the pain hits he she gasps in shock. A sharp stabbing pain finally hits her and she drops her blade and falls to her knees.

I'm dying!

She places a hand to her shoulder and pulls it away to see it is coated in blood. Her hand begins to tremble and tears stream from her eyes.

"I-I-i..."

Her breathing is so rapid she is nearly hyperventilating. She had tried to control herself but she is gravely injured!

No!

When Monday comes over and cures her wounds, Mera doesn't answer. She stares down at her blood hand. Her wounds may be healed but the shock and distraught have not cleared her mind. She raises her head slowly and holds out her bloody hand, trembling. With as much dignity she can muster she lifts her chin high and says in as proper a voice as she can, "I think this is the end for me my Varisian friend. At least I am going out having accomplished something. I hope that this rescue helps spur on the revolution and accomplish all of the great tasks. For --"

She coughs once and places her hand on where her wound was moments ago and closes her eyes. She murmurs, "Tell them. Tell them I gave it my all."

She lets out a long heavy sigh and lets her head sag.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12

Naberius listens to Mera's grave proclamation, silently shaking his head. As frayed as his nerves had gotten during the operation, he was no stranger to pain. Getting killed was one of his less terrifying prospects...

The wizard wearily makes his way over to the singer, without as much as looking at Monday. He inspects the now healed wound critically, and says in an easy tone, "You are quite alright, my lady. No need for last words just yet. This would hardly be a fitting end, now would it? The first act has only barely begun! The Hellknights clearly have no sense of dramatic timing..."

He mutters a few arcane syllables, and with a snap of his fingers the blood on Mera's hand is gone. Naberius then offers his own to help the singer back on her feet.

Yay for prestidigitation!

Continuing to talk in a reassuring manner, he adds, "Can you walk? I am sure a warm bath and some wine will help calm your nerves..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@ Tal: Each of the 10 Armigers has the following:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Chainmail
Longsword
Light Crossbow
20 bolts
Warhorse

Shanwen has the following:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Full Plate
Heavy Mace
Prison Carriage Key
Warhorse
Holy Symbol

DC 10 Knowledge Religion:
Symbol of Asmodeus

Letter from Mayor Aberian Arvanix to the Captain of the Guard at Citadel Rivard asking again for help to deal with a group of bandits called ‘The Bastards of Erebus’.

Raveen wrote:
"We have no time to explain. Come with us," he said, beckoning at Janiven to take her friend. "Morosimo--you know a hidden way to the base?"

When he hears the name Morosimo, Arael squits his eyes which are still stinging from the smoke. Morosimo, lad, is that you? And why do you were the mask of a rat?

It is not a rat, it is a mouse. These are the new friends, Master Arael. They helped rescue you. Morosimo replies.

You call that a rescue? I thought for sure I was going to meet Iomedae! The half-elf gives a warm smile. Thanks my friends, let us be quickly off before reinforcements arrive.

At this point Janiven walks over. I don’t know a secret way to the hideout, but there is a member of the dottari that is sympathetic to our cause, or at least shares our hatred of the Hellknights. He oversees one of the gates and we can pass through there without interruption. We can then return the horses to Gorvio’s uncle. We have some healing magic stored there that we can use for our wounds. She then looks at Vitti who is barely able to stand, but has a huge smile on his face as he examines his club. He then touches himself and most of his wounds close up. Looks like someone just made a level!

@Raveen: Your tales of the ambush of the Hellknights causes great interest in everyone you tell it to. You can almost see the hopefulness in their eyes. Many ask for their deity’s blessings on the organization. Much to your amusement, your rumors take a life of their own and you hear people talk that Aroden, himself, returned from the dead to lead the ambushers! You also hear that the Hellknights are officially denying any such ambush and only confirm that, yes, one armiger did lose his life when he was thrown off his horse and broke his neck, but Shanwen and his prisoner arrived at Citadel Rivard unmolested.


Male Raven Familiar | HP 12/12 | AC 16 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5 | CMB +1, CMD 7 | Init +2 | Perception +10

I just need to throw this in here to make it official! :P

Vasco circles down, but to his disappointment finds no fanfare, not even one of the humans rushing to congratulate him on his crucial contribution to the battle. Seeing that his master is busy dealing with the other humans, he lands on Raveen's shoulder as the man leaves towards the city. He announces his arrival by croaking, "Ca-caaw! Four eyes are better than two!"

The scarred raven tilts his head at the masked vigilante, and caws, "Did I do good, Faceman?"

He tries to make sure no one is following Raveen or acting suspiciously around him as he goes about his rumormongering. In Cheliax there is always someone who's ready to sell out their fellow citizen for personal gain.

Perception, working the docks: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Perception, impersonating an officer of the law: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
Vascо wrote:

Vasco circles down, but to his disappointment finds no fanfare, not even one of the humans rushing to congratulate him on his crucial contribution to the battle. Seeing that his master is busy dealing with the other humans, he lands on Raveen's shoulder as the man leaves towards the city. He announces his arrival by croaking, "Ca-caaw! Four eyes are better than two!"

The scarred raven tilts his head at the masked vigilante, and caws, "Did I do good, Faceman?"

"Very well, friend," he said, walking into the city. In short order, he removed his mask and cloak, donning several disguises on the way. "Had I known better, I would have given you a larger part of the plan.

"Tell me, my dear avian: How did you come to meet your master?" he asked in the periods with no onlookers, popping the bird a piece of hard mint candy, eating one himself.


Male Raven Familiar | HP 12/12 | AC 16 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5 | CMB +1, CMD 7 | Init +2 | Perception +10

The raven puffs his little chest with pride, and gobbles down the offered candy. It takes a little time for him to work out what he is and is not allowed to tell.

Finally he croaks, "Caw! Imps! Master saved Vasco! Imps tried to take his wings, but master drove them gone with magic. Made Vasco's wings good again..."

He pauses to think for a while, before correcting himself, "...better, made wings better again. Master is a good man."

Vasco congratulates himself mentally for the proper use of the comparative. Master would be proud!


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Recoiling somehwat at Mera's breakdown Monday fidgets with her hands in the air for the interim, until Naberius speaks up. Nodding furiously she adds "Yeah, what Nabe said! You're not going to die anytime soon, I wont let you! Besides, you're much stronger than this. What's a few armored thugs to a Diva such as you?"

Standing adjacent to the infernalist she also offers her hand to the singer alongside a pleasant smile. "The gritty is over for now, let's all go do some pleasant things now. Bath. Dinner. Wine. Each other." At her last words she actually motions her hands to include Naberius as well.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Monday Daud wrote:
At her last words she actually motions her hands to include Naberius as well.

As his face flushes red, Naberius is quietly thankful for his mask. He bites his tongue, not wanting to cause Mera any further distress.

The wizard felt far too exhausted for another argument, regardless. The summoning had left him feeling like he had been stretched too thin, somehow. He would have to be more careful next time...

Bluff to hide befuddlement?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Yup, plenty befuddled.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Not quite sure what to expect as Mera swoons in front of everyone Tal lets her be while Monday and Naberius tend to her.

untrained now religion 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Recognizing the symbol of Asmodeus on Shanwen Tal takes it off and sets it on the ground. With a quick stroke from his longsword the holy symbol is destroyed. Once finished with that Tal quickly strips the armigers of their equipment and throws them into the back of the carriage. He then locks them inside but leaves the key on the ground next to the carriage. There that is enough of that. As for these items, can anyone help carry this equipment or lead the horses? Looking at Gorvio as he does not want to mention names should Shanwen r the armigers wake up and overhear him, Are you able to handle this many new horses and keep them from being recognized as property of their former owners?

As the talk progresses about returning to the hidout Tal shakes his head no. I need to get home to my wife first and explain some of this to her. Once she knows what is going on and that I am safe I can return to you later. I am still with you, looking at Janiven and Areal without saying names, I just need to handle this first before it causes too much of a problem. Let the others know as well that I am not deserting them. If you need to send the lad to find me. He knows the address.

Will get the loot list going once I am home and can work on it.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

I'd love to chat more with Vasco in-character, but I'd rather not.
After a good day of rumormongering and propaganda, he comes in the evening.
How is everyone else?


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Seeing Mera hopefully recover with Naberius Monday begins sidling away until Tal mentions returning home, at which she immediately sidles up to him and hooks an arm around his. "You're wife, eh? We'll come and help if you need it." she says while using her free arm to motion to Tuesday.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Tursday for his part seemingly drifts over to Monday, his shirt and coat seeming to flow forth from his body and cover him just like normal clothes.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

At first Tal looks horified of the idea of bringing Monday and Tuesday with him to meet his wife. It is hard to tell exactly why though. Is it the fact that he is bringing a ghost into their house or the fact that Monday is so brazen that Lily might assume the worst. Pausing to look at Monday's arm around him. Sighing as he knows that sooner or later Lily will find out about everyone he nods his consent. Very well, you can come and meet Lily. I just ask that you let me do the talking first to introduce you. I am afraid that otherwise she might draw the wrong conclusion if she saw you adorning me so like this. I will warn you that she is a little possessive and the fact that I was not home last night may make her a bit more demanding. She has a good heart though and I would do much to keep it that way. I am not sure how she will react to the knowldege that I have found myself involved with such a group of people with such high 'goals'. I am sure that once I explain everything to her she will see the light. I know that she wants to see a better life for the people here and if we can show her that is what we are aiming for then we should be ok. Besides i have a trick of my sleeve should I need to use it...Lily wants a family but not with the state of affairs this city is in. A change for the better would give her, and myself as well, that opportunity for a family.

Tal stops talking at this point and starts to blush as he did not mean to reveal so much about him and his wife to someone he had just met the day before and under strange and strenous circumstances at that. Sorry, i did not mean to prattle on so. I was just not expecting company to join me. If I may ask a favor as well of both of you? Pleaase Tuesday can you remain covered until such time as MOnday can explain just who and what you are?


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

After listening to Tal Tuesday nods and gives the man a thumbs up.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

At first putting on a (hopefully) faux-pout at being told what to do an idea strikes her as she scampers up Tal the rest of the way and sits on his shoulders, letting her feet harmlessly kick against his chest. Theis hikes her dress back a bit but also reveals, most definitely to the married man's relief, that she is wearing breeches underneath. "Ooh, I know! I can introduce myself as your illegitimate love child!"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Glad for Tuesday;s reaction Tal is ill prepared for what happens next. One minute Monday had her arm around him, the next she was climbing atop him and straddling him across his shoulders. The move was so swift and sudden that Tal could not adjust himself in time.

sense motive Monday DC:14:

bluff 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
You catch Tal involuntarily moves his head and eyes to follow the dress at it was being hiked up. Sometimes the most forbidden things is what catches the attention no matter how much you try and resist. He is a male after all.

She is a quick one this Monday. Lithe too and supple from the feel of it. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad...No can't even think like that or it will lead to problems. Drown out these thoughts with something else quick. Anything else. Arggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Monday, unless you are trying to grapple Tal then I will have to roll with it.

Moving carefully as to not dislodge her and injure her Tal picks Monday up from his shoulder and sets her on the ground beside him. Exasperated, That my dear is exactly what I am talking about. None of that talk or you may find my wife is not so lenient and I will have to start digging a hole in the basement to bury your body. Now be a good lady and just take it easy.

RichD is it safe to assume that Tal, Monday and Tuesday make it to Tal's place safely with no problems?

451 to 500 of 4,832 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.