DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


301 to 350 of 4,822 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Outside where the party and wine is flowing...

Tal takes the time to clean his shield completely before taking it up again. He leaves the armor and sword alone for know as he is willing to wait and spend the time with Ermolos afterwards.

Ermolos wrote:
I would like that very much! I haven’t pulled out me sword and board since me Da went… Ermolos trails off with the sad look returning in his eyes. After a moment he regains his composure. Cleaning out the sewers sounds like a worthy goal for this group. Not that many people venture down there, but still, goblins and undead might not stay contained down there and start coming up to terrorize the streets.

While not the most glory filled, Tal comments it is a good place to start and a place that provides some privacy to work on one's skills.

Sclivo, Rizzardo and Yakopulio wrote:

Rizzardo makes some lewd comment about Monday being his target.

Yakopulio says So this is what our entertainment has been reduced to? Watching two brutes bash each other with swords? I think I would rather see a shadow beast eat Morosimo!

Sclavo, in a soft-spoken tone will say, If you don’t mind, I would like to join you. I have been interested in the martial arts, if you don’t mind training me?

Tal ignores those that do not wish to partake as he invites Sclavo over. With at least Sclavo, Monday and Ermolos Tal tries to explain his basics about defense and fighting. Giving Ermolos his shield he picks up a piece of wood lying about by the green haired carver and gives it to Monday. Here you 2 go. Now Monday, I want you to stand over here and attack Ermolos there. Ermolos, I want you to do nothing but protect yourself with the shield. Now as you each are attacking or defending I want you to pay attention to a couple of things. First, how are you positioned with your feet as they anchor you to the ground. If you are off balance you will not be able to defend or attack effectively. Second, where is your vision focused or occluded. Even though you are attacking Monday you still need to be aware of your surroundings should the flow of battle change. Ermolos, the same holds true for you but also do not let your vision be obscurred by the shield as you block her blows.

Tal will let them move back and forth a bit pointing out how one should place a foot for a particular block or how to keep balance on a thrust so not to expose oneself to a counter attack. Start with the basics of not exposing yourself and work form there.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"... Um... Okay...?" Monday says in confusion, and slight disappointment, as Tal hands her the wood and leads her about. She'll then begin haphazardly smacking the shield with the blunt object.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Raveen Liquean wrote:
bluff to hide emotions: 10 + 5 = 15

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Yeah, I need to work on that... :P

Raveen Liquean wrote:

Raveen is admiring a ruined bust or altar of the temple. He would straighten it if he could--though it is not immediately clear if it is of reverence or something else entirely

If Naberius approaches, Raveen would say, stepping away from the bust and examining it from a distance (assuming he does not roll to Stealth), "Very nostalgic are these folk--are they not? Talk of Aroden is at best...inadvisable."

Naberius does indeed gravitate towards the altar, and then the bust. He steps up to the dais, and runs his fingers over the cracked marble of the bust's base.

He scoffs, "I would be amazed if any of these churls could name even one of the Last Azlanti's tenets. Except perhaps this Arael, if he truly is a servant of the Inheritor. Hardly a fitting patron for rebellion, regardless. People, even patriotic Chelaxians, respect Iomedae as a shining example of what our people can accomplish. These rebels are more likely to tarnish her reputation than do any good in her name..."

He glances over to the rogue, and asks, "It does seem he has an important part in this operation. Do you think Janiven is planning a rescue? Going against the Hellknights so soon could end this revolt before it begins..."

Sense Motive DC 20:
Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Naberius is obviously asking out of concern for himself, not due to any personal affinity for the rebels or their cause...

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

So does Raveen.

Naberius wrote:
"I would be amazed if any of these churls could name even one of the Last Azlanti's tenets. Except perhaps this Arael, if he truly is a servant of the Inheritor. Hardly a fitting patron for rebellion, regardless.

Raveen nodded silently, crossing his arms.

Naberius wrote:
"People, even patriotic Chelaxians, respect Iomedae as a shining example of what our people can accomplish. These rebels are more likely to tarnish her reputation than do any good in her name..."

"Perhaps once," said Raveen. "But answer me this: do they not also see the Inheritor as idealistic, careless, or even naive--or dare I ask, a lie? Do you not think that had She truly been an Inheritor--"

He turns to glance at Naberius, and asks, "Then She should have inherited the land as well?"

Interesting concept; if gods only interfere via their mortal worshipers, why did she leave Cheliax to fall?

Naberius wrote:
"He glances over to the rogue, and asks, "It does seem he has an important part in this operation. Do you think Janiven is planning a rescue? Going against the Hellknights so soon could end this revolt before it begins..."

"You mean the half-elf?

"Yes. I do believe she will prioritize that--unless she begins to enjoy ruler-ship," said Raveen with a faint laugh. "But truly--rescues are complicated affairs, and they rely more on our information and contingencies rather than our self-esteem--and as you know, 'Jenny' has an interesting network of contacts. But answer me this, for you are more knowledgeable than I: How ill would they treat Arael--a cleric of the Inheritor in prison?
"At least--we should get him before Cheliax decides to call upon...those who get answers,"
Raveen says, letting out a small shiver.

DC 10 Sense Motive:
He means Nidal.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Raveen Liquean wrote:

"Perhaps once," said Raveen. "But answer me this: do they not also see the Inheritor as idealistic, careless, or even naive--or dare I ask, a lie? Do you not think that had She truly been an Inheritor--"

He turns to glance at Naberius, and asks, "Then She should have inherited the land as well?"

Interesting concept; if gods only interfere via their mortal worshipers, why did she leave Cheliax to fall?

Naberius shakes his head, and answers, "Idealistic and naive, perhaps, but not careless. There were many factions during the civil war, fighting under many different banners. There was bloody chaos that lasted for decades. I have no doubt Iomedae did her best to aid her people, but you have to remember that what she inherited was a church that had just lost their god. By the time she had regained control of Aroden's worshippers, it was far too late. People had flocked to Thrune for order, desperate for safety and stability. That was something Iomedae could not offer them..."

He pauses for a moment. Like any Chelaxian, he is used picking his words carefully when discussing religion. Finally he muses, "I suppose therein lies the answer. Should she have inherited the land? The truth is, she could not. Aroden was a king, and Iomedae was his general. She excels as a war-time leader. With Aroden's death throwing the world into chaos, could she truly have spent all her resources to retake Cheliax? If she had not stepped in to contain the horrors of the Worldwound, who would have? It must not have been an easy decision, but a general must know how to pick her battles..."

He trails off for another moment, and stares past the bust, off into the distance. After a while he mutters to no one in particular, perhaps himself, "It was not Iomedae who chose our path for us. Aroden was the god of humanity. Did we not squander his legacy by trusting so much on gods for guidance? Should we have not been able to stand up by ourselves?"

He snaps out of his reverie, saying, "Pardon me, I did not mean to lecture you..."

Too much wine... Watch your mouth, you fool.

Naberius wrote:

"You mean the half-elf?

"Yes. I do believe she will prioritize that--unless she begins to enjoy ruler-ship," said Raveen with a faint laugh. "But truly--rescues are complicated affairs, and they rely more on our information and contingencies rather than our self-esteem--and as you know, 'Jenny' has an interesting network of contacts. But answer me this, for you are more knowledgeable than I: How ill would they treat Arael--a cleric of the Inheritor in prison?
"At least--we should get him before Cheliax decides to call upon...those who get answers,"
Raveen says, letting out a small shiver.

Naberius scoffs, "I doubt the House of Thrune would care. This is not the first insurgency that has risen in Westcrown, and I doubt it will be the last. The Hellknights might seem to treat this with utmost urgency, but that is in their nature. The Order of the Rack is the oldest of them all, and they have a reputation to uphold. You also have to remember that they do not answer directly to the throne..."

Naberius ponders on the question of Arael's fate for a brief moment, before answering, "Hellknights treat all lawbreakers the same. If they see that he is guilty, I doubt we will hear from him again once they get him to their stronghold. This group hardly has the means to retrieve him from... Citadel Rivad, I believe it is called? That would be a suicide mission."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Of course... :D

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
Naberius Belthrune wrote:
Raveen Liquean wrote:

"Perhaps once," said Raveen. "But answer me this: do they not also see the Inheritor as idealistic, careless, or even naive--or dare I ask, a lie? Do you not think that had She truly been an Inheritor--"

He turns to glance at Naberius, and asks, "Then She should have inherited the land as well?"

Naberius shakes his head, and answers, "Idealistic and naive, perhaps, but not careless. There were many factions during the civil war, fighting under many different banners. There was bloody chaos that lasted for decades. I have no doubt Iomedae did her best to aid her people, but you have to remember that what she inherited was a church that had just lost their god. By the time she had regained control of Aroden's worshippers, it was far too late. People had flocked to Thrune for order, desperate for safety and stability. That was something Iomedae could not offer them..."

He pauses for a moment. Like any Chelaxian, he is used picking his words carefully when discussing religion. Finally he muses, "I suppose therein lies the answer. Should she have inherited the land? The truth is, she could not. Aroden was a king, and Iomedae was his general. She excels as a war-time leader. With Aroden's death throwing the world into chaos, could she truly have spent all her resources to retake Cheliax? If she had not stepped in to contain the horrors of the Worldwound, who would have? It must not have been an easy decision, but a general must know how to pick her battles..."

"And so She has lost the Heartland to the Prince of Lies, and gained no footstep in the North," Raveen answered. "But truly--it is not the matter of mortals to question the immortals. But then again--is that not what the Riddle of Man is all about?"

Naberius wrote:
He trails off for another moment, and stares past the bust, off into the distance. After a while he mutters to no one in particular, perhaps himself, "It was not Iomedae who chose our path for us. Aroden was the god of humanity. Did we not squander his legacy by trusting so much on gods for guidance? Should we have not been able to stand by ourselves?

Raveen said nothing to that, instead observing the bust silently.

Naberius wrote:
"Pardon me, I did not mean to lecture you..."

"Think nothing of it," he answered with a neutral expression. "For we should choose where we stand in this issue before the end. The loss of Westcrown (if it ever is to happen) would cripple Cheliax's hold on the sea, encourage piracy, strengthen and weaken several states and alliances, sending ripples through the earth.

"My friend," he said. "Will we usurp the Devil God's unholy kingdom--all the while doing so without divine aid?" he asked. "For you lay an interesting idea: Inspired by Aroden's death, perhaps we should."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

To Raveen before he leaves...

Looking Raveen in the eye Tal stops him just before he leaves, i beg to differ. At times like this all we have to hold onto is our true identity. When times get tough and the path ahead looks bleak we all revert to who we truly are, the good and the bad. If you can't be honest with them now then surely you will not be honest with them later. If you try you will have people distrust you and that will threaten us all.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
Raveen Liquean wrote:
"My friend," he said. "Will we usurp the Devil God's unholy kingdom--all the while doing so without divine aid?" he asked. "For you lay an interesting idea: Inspired by Aroden's death, perhaps we should."

Does he actually think he can do it? He is brilliant in his own way, no doubt, but no more immune to hubris than the rest. Oh, the ardor of youth...

Naberius purses his lips, tersely stating, "I realise now I have spoken out of turn. The days of glory are long gone, I am afraid. You would do well to forget what I said, and focus on the present. Perhaps we can do some good here before we have to move on, but I am only involved because I have no choice. We all do what we must to survive..."

Turning away, he finishes in a more even tone, "I better retire for now. Whatever Janiven is planning for tomorrow, I suspect it will require us to be functioning at our full capacity. May you have a good night, Raveen."

Naberius takes his leave, and goes off to the back to find himself a private spot to rest in.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
Naberius Belthrune wrote:

Naberius purses his lips, tersely stating, "I realize now I have spoken out of turn. The days of glory are long gone, I am afraid. You would do well to forget what I said, and focus on the present. Perhaps we can do some good here before we have to move on, but I am only involved because I have no choice. We all do what we must to survive..."

Turning away, he finishes in a more even tone, "I better retire for now. Whatever Janiven is planning for tomorrow, I suspect it will require us to be functioning at our full capacity. May you have a good night, Raveen."

Naberius takes his leave, and goes off to the back to find himself a private spot to rest in.

Not very confident, are we? Raveen's eyes followed Naberius as he left. But then again--maybe he is overwhelmed this night.

"You, too," said he at the retreating mage, as he took one last look at the bust, before going to find himself a place to sleep.

Really liking the environment so far. I think Raveen would like to wake up early in the morning.
As of now, he's still in the unisex garb, and he would wash off any grime he accrued from the dip int he sewers in any spot of water--preferably a bucket.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

I'm not sure where this comes in exactly with regards to timing, but this exchange takes place between Tal and Raveen, when the latter said 'True Identities are beyond us.'

Tal wrote:

"i beg to differ. At times like this all we have to hold onto is our true identity. When times get tough and the path ahead looks bleak we all revert to who we truly are, the good and the bad.

If you can't be honest with them now then surely you will not be honest with them later. If you try you will have people distrust you and that will threaten us all."

"Why, by your understanding--we are at the end of the road with Westcrown in our grasp," said Raveen in surprise. "Vigilance is apropo and is very becoming.

"But if you ask regarding whether Anna will appear again, I shall answer you: Anna remains, but she would not be directed against our little team here. I'm sure you can understand. I will reveal myself to them in the morning.
"If anything, it seems like another face is something you would need,
" he adds seriously. "Regarding what you have at stake--you have a family, and if you do not mind me saying, I do not see you holding up under cover."
Sense Motive DC 16:
Although Raveen does not intend to keep up the charade against the other members of the Children, and will reveal himself in the morning, he will keep it outside.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Ermolos will do his best to keep his shield up against Monday's disjointed attacks. He is glad that her attacks are so un-uniform since that would be how a real combat would be. He could tell by her expressions she was not pleased. Am I not doing a good job of deflecting your blows Ms. Monday? he says as she smacks the wooden stick against his shield.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday jumps slightly at Ermolos' question, looking a little ashamed of herself. "Oh no no no no no! You're doing fine. I just wasn't expecting to use a stick. But I don't wan't to accidentally slice your wrists so that probably ended up being a good thing." she says apologetically before putting a little more energy into her attacks. Thinking on it it made sense, if he ever had to fight someone armed with a sticj that person probably wouldn't be the type to use finesse or tactics.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

@Raveen/Anna...

sense motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Tal shrugs his shoulders when Raveen tells him he will not divulge his identity till the morning. Have it your way but I will not step in to help you should they cry out in anger and frustration. You play a dangerous game with those that we need to foster the most trust with.

Tal does nod in agreement though at the mention of cover for Tal. You are partially right though in that I have more to worry about than most I think. Whatever action this group participates in I need to make sure there are no witnesses that can identify me or that Lily has some form of protection. She is quite capable of handling herself but that is not going to help when outnumbered against heavily armored foes. I am going to have to talk to her about this anyways and see what her thoughts on the matter are. Perhaps she will join also and thus the group can help her if word leaked out about us or I was identified.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:

Tal shrugs his shoulders when Raveen tells him he will not divulge his identity till the morning. "Have it your way but I will not step in to help you should they cry out in anger and frustration. You play a dangerous game with those that we need to foster the most trust with."

Tal does nod in agreement though at the mention of cover for Tal. "You are partially right though in that I have more to worry about than most I think. Whatever action this group participates in I need to make sure there are no witnesses that can identify me or that Lily has some form of protection. She is quite capable of handling herself but that is not going to help when outnumbered against heavily armored foes. I am going to have to talk to her about this anyways and see what her thoughts on the matter are. Perhaps she will join also and thus the group can help her if word leaked out about us or I was identified."

Raveen nods, listening patiently, but then, upon mention of identification, a strange light appears in his eyes.

'--no witnesses that can identify me--'

He seemed dazed for a moment, and then he smiled warmly. "You've given me something to work with. I can tell we be close allies indeed; we may be more alike than you first assumed."

Raveen will then wish Tal a good night if that is all, and will go to sleep.
He will also wish to be re-introduced to the revolutionary group in the morning.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

sparring practice...

That is true MOnday. I did not want any accidents while we are still in the beginning stages of practice. Once we are better equipped at protecting us then we will move up to blunted weapons. Well done though trying to keep Ermolos off balance. Sometimes being unpredictable will aid you as you can adapt to the flow of a combat.

Now, continues Tal interrupting her renewed attacks, remember to be aware of your footwork both of you. Once we have practiced that and you are comfortable maintaining your balance we can work on other aspects. In the meantime, switch roles. Ermolos you take the stick and Sclavo take the shield. Now again both of you be aware of your pacing, footwork and balance. Those are the fundamentals that will keep you alive. Monday, if you would please, watch Sclavo's feet as he moves with the shield and tell me if he is keeping his balance. In a short bit I will have you attack me with another piece of wood. We don't have another shield so I will have to use one as well as an improvised weapon to parry your attacks.

Tal lets the practice go on for another 10 minutes switching out people in different roles until all have had a chance if any newcomers are joining in. Tal will periodically stop each sparring session to inquire as to what each of them can feel and if the shield wielder is keeping the shield from blocking his/her line of sight.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Monday rolls her eyes and shrugs at the continued orders but consents nontheless, watching the two men fight for a bit and tying to keep an eye on their footwork while urging Ermorlos on whenever he gets a lucky hit in.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Keeping an eye on Monday each time she's put on the defense he will periodically refill his and Amaya's wine whenever the cups are low, raising his glass to her each turn.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

One by one the spectators of the training start to turn in. Even Rizzardo stops making his lusty comments and Yakopulio stops making her wisecracks and turn in. As he is leaving, Rizzardo will say to Monday, Me bedroll has plenty of room! and give an exaggerated wink.

Tuesday wrote:
Keeping an eye on Monday each time she's put on the defense he will periodically refill his and Amaya's wine whenever the cups are low, raising his glass to her each turn.

Amaya will more than make up for Tuesday's lack of conversation be reciting poems to him and singing songs in a hushed voice. As the hour gets late she will yawn, stand, smile and say, You have been the most agreeable company, Sir Tuesday. I shall sleep better knowing that you are near! She will then courtesy, let out a beautiful little giggle and run off.

Mera and Fiosa drink several toasts together and the unlikely duo really seem to be hitting it off.

At the sparring practice, after listening to Tal's advice and with minor bruises, Ermolos and Sclavo will thank Tal and Monday profusely for their efforts and both beg for more practice on the 'morrow.

Elsewhere in another part of the city...

Morosimo loves the city at night. The desolation of the streets brought him peace, a peace he hadn't known much of in his life. He was careful to stay out of sight least he be spotted by a shadow beast. He had seen the beasts a couple of time from a distance and from a distance was all he cared to see them from. Before he knew it he reached the address that Tal had given him. He knocked on the door and waited. Would she even open the door to someone this late of an hour? The youth thought to himself.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
Rizzardo wrote:
As he is leaving, Rizzardo will say to Monday, Me bedroll has plenty of room! and give an exaggerated wink.

"Which is more than enough for you and your fingers to become really friendly!" she coos back at the man.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
Amaya wrote:
Amaya will more than make up for Tuesday's lack of conversation be reciting poems to him and singing songs in a hushed voice. As the hour gets late she will yawn, stand, smile and say, You have been the most agreeable company, Sir Tuesday. I shall sleep better knowing that you are near! She will then courtesy, let out a beautiful little giggle and run off.

Tuesday listens along intently as she performs for him, a faint smile spreading across his face as she does so. As she excuses herself he will hurriedly stand and give her a proper bow farewell.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"He can't get any nearer than him holding you! You'll sleep a LOT better afterwards!" she calls out after the fleeing lady before rounding on Tuesday. "What are you waiting for? Go after her! Gogogogogogo!" she says loud enough for Amaya to hopefully hear as well.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Looking furtively back and forth between Monday and Amaya he'll let his upper body slump forward while shaking his head before reluctantly following after the Tien woman.

Provided she hasn't moved more than 100ft away from the twins that is.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

@GM:

GM Dramatis Personae wrote:

Ermolos – Male human- muscular, walks with a limp. Speaks with a chelish accent. He was the one who opened the door.

Fiosa - Female Halfling – Dressed like a house servent.
Gorvio – Male human- Speaks with a chelish accent.
Larko - Garundi human male – rarely speaks.
Mathalen - Female human – Thin, wiry woman who speaks with a chelish accent.
Rizzardo - Varisian male human – Seemed the most agitated during the discussion about the name.
Sclavo- Garundi human male – soft-spoken.
Tarvi – Female human – Wears nice jewelry and speaks with a chelish accent
Vitti – Male human – Has green hair and seems to be busy carving wood when otherwise not engaged. Speaks with a chelish accent.
Yakopulio – Female gnome – Noisy and freely insulted other’s ideas during the name debate.
Amaya – Tian female human – Well-mannered and extremely attractive.

Can we make a check to divine the abilities of the characters of this place?

OOC, a check (perhaps Sense Motive, Knowledge (Local), or even Knowledge (Warfare)) to learn of their class/attributes? It seems that Tal is training some (namely Ermolos and Rizzardo) to become fighters or rangers.

Sense Motive seems appropriate in assessing their personalities and inclinations to some of the core PC classes.
Sense Motive @Team by Raveen after training: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Stealth from the edge of the room: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

hmmm...They are so raw and undisciplined, it is hard to tell. I have dropped some hints about some of the other's inclinations, Feel free to share your guesses in the discussion thread.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

As things begins to settle for the night, Tal finishes the drill session and wishes everyone a good night. Earlier he had said his piece to Raveen and wished him a good night as well. He did not know what Raveen meant by giving him something to think about other than telling the truth in the morning, but the way the man said it lead Tal to believe differently. . Settling himself down wherever there was space and a bedroll his thoughts drifted to two others. It felt a bit awkward though being here when his wife was at home. He wondered how Morosimo fared and hoped that he was as good as he claimed to be...]


What is he doing out this late? He told me he was going to be home sooner than this. I hope for his sake that this meeting was what he was looking for. I still don't know why he didn't tell me more about... Lily stops her thoughts as she undoes the latch of the house and opens the door. Instead of her husband standing there it is a boy that she as never met before. Her immediate reaction was one of confusion that was quickly replaced by fear. Looking around outside past Morosimo, Lily sees nothing at first. Reaching out a hand she grabs Morosimo and pulls him into the house. Closing the door behind her she turns to the youth with a stern look, Where is my husband? He was suppose to be here over an hour ago. It is now dark so I can only hope that he is someplace safe and knew better than to try and risk the streets at night. That still doesn't explain who you are though or why you are here.

Lily is a slendar woman with a pretty face and long dark hair. Normally more reserved to strangers the sudden situation has caused her to become more stern than normal. If it wasn't for the fact that Tal was late Lily would likely have been appalled at the fact that there was a boy at her doorway after hours.

Calming down a bit though since the door is closed to the night beasts Lily takes her hand from the boy. [b]Sorry about that. I was just not expecting you or anyone but my husband for that matter. Please come in and be safe from the night. Now please, who are you and why are you here so late?[/b


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Morosimo was not expecting Lily to open the door and he sure wasn’t expecting to be pulled inside. He was angry at first but the woman’s calm exterior quickly banished those angry thoughts. Evening Ma’am! Didn’t mean to startle you but I’m a..er..friend of your husband Tal. He sent me to tell you that he is safe for the night. By the way, my name is Morosimo. Pleased to meet you!

You all are now level 2, Please update your profiles and status bars.

The next day at the safehouse...

You awake to the smell of eggs and bacon cooking and a table already set for the morning meal. Once you all have eaten, I have something I would like to discuss with all of you. After the meal has been consumed and the table cleared, Janiven stands up. I have news of Arael. Apparently the dispute over Arael’s custody between the Hellknights and the Dottari is over with the Hellknights winning. Unfortunately, it is not just any order of Hellknights but those from the Order of The Rack!

DC 10 Knowledge (Local):
The Order of the Rack are some of the most zealous of the Hellknights.

They will be transporting him to Citadel Rivad and once he’s there, he will be as good as lost. Arael is strong and won’t give up information easily, but the Rackers are known for their extreme interrogation techniques including magic. I hate to say this, but Arael was involved in your selection process and your names are known to him. I believe that the best way to free Arael is by attacking the transport on the road to Citadel Rivald. Because that road is mainly used by the Rackers, they are usually overconfident that no one will interrupt them. They usually travel with ten Rackers all together - four on horseback and six on the wagon. What I propose is that some of us will pretend that we are bandits further up along the road and draw the four mounted Rackers away. While they are away, you all will hit the transport wagon and free Arael. I have it narrowed down to two possible ambush sites. What do you think? If you have a better plan, please let me know, but we should be on the road within the hour if we are to reach either ambush site and set up. Gorvio’s uncle owns a stable and can provide us with horses.


Lily sighs with relief at the news about her husband. He was a big man and knew how to survive ina srap but that didn't mean much when it came to the terror's that stalked the night. At least he was safe for the night. Turning back to Morosimo, Thank you for the news about my husband. It is quite a relief to know that he is safe. but now what are we to do with you? I can't have you go back outside at this time of night. That just simply wouldn't be acceptable of me. No, I think the best option is I will bring out some blankets and you can spend the night here on the floor. In the morning I can cook you some breakfast as payment for your message delivery tonight.

The look on Lily's face brooks no argument as her arms are crossed in front of her. Morosimo would also be aware by the tone in her voice that it wasn't a question of him staying the night. It was a direct statement.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Morosimo is about to argue that he would be just fine on the street, but then she went ahead and mentioned a hot breakfast. No stealing rolls from the baker tomorrow! Yes ma'am! Thank you for your hospitality and I promise not to be much of a fuss!


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal wakes early at the smell of eggs and bacon. Rising up he satnds there a moment lost as to where he was exactly. The smells were of home but the location was not. Wiping the sleep from his eyes the events of the night before slowly made thier wasy back into Tal's consciousness. Gathering his gear to leave he is stopped by Janiven. Really Janiven I must be getting home. Lily is expecting me and I have to get to work today. If I just don't show up I am likely to be fired and out of work tomorrow. As much as I appreciate the offer of breakfast I will just eat on the way home.

Assuming Janiven says something really interesting about his job or other employment to keep him here, Tal will sit and eat the eggs and bacon.

know local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Even though Tal was from around here he got the differing order of Hellknights mixed up and the exact specifics of the Order of the RAck was lost on him. Upon hearing that Areal had news about Tal he shakes his head, Blast it. We have no choice but to get him out then before he talks. It isnt just his life on the line its mine and Lily's as well.

Listening to Janiven explain her intel Tal can't but help to wonder how they are to pull this off. Your telling me that this Areal will likely have 10 Hellknights ecorting him and 4 of them are mounted. Why that still leaves 6 of them for us. Even if we ambush them they are heavily armored and well equipped. This group is not the best at combat if you haven't seen Janiven. I am gong to be hard pressed to handle a Hellknight from what I have heard of their training and skills. Its not like we can have Mera and Monday start kissing in the middle of the street and expect all of them to stare while Anna frees Areal. This is serious fighting you are talking about.

profile coming up soon.


Having gotten her way Lily's stern countenance fades as she now smiles at the boy. You won't be a fuss unless you try and leave. Over there is the wash room to clean yourself up. By the time you are finished I will have everything ready for you.

perception on Morosimo for age and weight 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Seeing that he isn't that old Lily's heart softens even more. As she goes to grab the blankets she can't help but feel sorry for the lad. Out here running messages inteh dark just to make some coin. Dangerous work indeed. She returns with the blankets and a bowl of stew that has since cooled from supper earlier. Leaving it on an end table Lily heads to bed herself and lets the food sit there for Morosimo.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
Raveen's Dream wrote:
You realize that all your life you have been coasting along as if you were in a dream. Suddenly, facing the trials of the last few days, you have come alive.

Raveen woke up, feeling a light headache. For some reason, he felt like he could stab people a lot easier from now on.

With that disturbing thought out of the way, he smelled and heard eggs being baked and bacon being sizzled, though not necessarily in that order.

"Aah...what day is it?" he murmured, sitting up in his makeshift bed. The events of last night came crashing down.
"Well, now I've gone carried away," he thought, getting dressed in the same clothes of yesterday, with a bit of disgust at the crusting scent of sewage.
Heading out to the main hall, he saw the table being set, missing most of the Children of Something members of yesterday. He sighed: He didn't get the chance for the 'startling reveal' or to suggest a better name he was thinking about yesterday.
"I forgot; it's Moonday already, and they're all at their businesses. That's where I should be, actually...
At least I'll have time to take all this in, and plan for the events...

Janiven wrote:

I have news of Arael. Apparently the dispute over Arael’s custody between the Hellknights and the Dottari is over with the Hellknights winning. Unfortunately, it is not just any order of Hellknights but those from the Order of The Rack!

They will be transporting him to Citadel Rivad and once he’s there, he will be as good as lost. Arael is strong and won’t give up information easily, but the Rackers are known for their extreme interrogation techniques including magic. I hate to say this, but Arael was involved in your selection process and your names are known to him. I believe that the best way to free Arael is by attacking the transport on the road to Citadel Rivald. Because that road is mainly used by the Rackers, they are usually overconfident that no one will interrupt them. They usually travel with ten Rackers all together - four on horseback and six on the wagon. What I propose is that some of us will pretend that we are bandits further up along the road and draw the four mounted Rackers away. While they are away, you all will hit the transport wagon and free Arael. I have it narrowed down to two possible ambush sites. What do you think? If you have a better plan, please let me know, but we should be on the road within the hour if we are to reach either ambush site and set up. Gorvio’s uncle owns a stable and can provide us with horses.

Raveen stood there, hair messy and clothes lopsided, and muttered, "I hate Moondays...

Tal was there, and he seemed to be in the same state of frustration.

Tal wrote:
"You're telling me that this Areal will likely have 10 Hellknights ecorting him and 4 of them are mounted. Why that still leaves 6 of them for us. Even if we ambush them they are heavily armored and well equipped. This group is not the best at combat if you haven't seen Janiven. I am gong to be hard pressed to handle a Hellknight from what I have heard of their training and skills. Its not like we can have Mera and Monday start kissing in the middle of the street and expect all of them to stare while Anna frees Areal. This is serious fighting you are talking about.

Raveen chuckled a bit, internally agreeing with Tal. He would normally be inclined to strike 'below the belt', but with Hellknight-level discipline he doubted dirty tricks would succeed.

With so little information, they had nothing but to improvise--and with his name on the line, he had no other option.
"Already, damn it," he thought.

Raveen nodded, saying quickly, "Do you happen to have a cart, alchemical fire, and thunderstones stocked-or at least have easy access to?"

Raveen will choose the map on the right.

Raveen's Plan:
"The divide-and-conquer plan is sound, but with our current resources, we must divide them further, and prevent them from regrouping," Raveen states, pointing a drawn ambush site quickly (per Janiven's instructions) with the nearest materials. "We need three groups: The Bandits; the Link; and the Lion. We also need a pitfall on Zone X, which will stop the cart," Raveen takes a breath in, circling a point before the bridge, and then continues a bit slower.

"The bandits (on horseback) distract the Hellknights with hit-and-run maneuvers, lure them into a trap (preferably a disguised pitfall), looping around and rejoining the Lions once they are dealt with. The Pitfall would also be rigged to pour down Alchemical Fire. Unfortunately, the death toll could spike.
Knowing Hellkight protocol and arrogance, they will probably be waiting until their allies return. If the bandits appeared again, it would be time for the Links to strike.
The Links (also made of light-moving units) will be here,
" Raveen points at the hill on the right-end of the map. "Here we will have the cart ready, and it will tumble down the hill to topple the caravan, preventing it from running away. If we see it fit, we can set it on fire, and it would deal damage to any unfortunate souls in its destructive wake.
It would be wise to have Tuesday materialize as a Hell-damned wraith to scare the living out of who remains, so we can then clean up the mess before they regroup, moving quickly back into the nearest safe spot we have, dropping caltrops to cripple any remaining pursuers."
The Lions would consist of our slow-movers and heavy-hitters, as Sir Tal and whatever Master Naberius can conjure up. They would be equipped with Thunderstones, and be stationed in the bridge. All horses are frightened by loud noises, and we can fork a barricade to protect their flanks.

After that is said, Raveen would shrug, adding, "That all assumes that we cannot simply do it the easy way. I mean, I can just ask them to hand Arael over."

If anyone expresses surprise or doubt:
Raveen grinned.
"I didn't mean Raveen asks them; I meant the the messenger from the Dottari rides in with orders to that dispute custody," he explained. "They'll grumble or complain, but they'll split their group to both get orders from Citadel Rivad and from the Dottari command, leaving the remaining troops diminished--and more vulnerable to our cart/thunderstone/caltrops approach, and would be far less bloody.
So...any preferences towards either of the plans, or choice of team when assigned? I have not worked with you before, and my assessment of your strengths is superficial at best."

He sighed after finishing talking, and he then asked, stabbing a fork into some eggs, "My plan involves a lot of collateral damage, and that is something I do not like. Had we been informed before this convoy moved, we might have had something better running."


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
Its not like we can have Mera and Monday start kissing in the middle of the street and expect all of them to stare while Anna frees Areal.

"Why not?!" Monday murmurs in a state of half-asleep, quickly nibbling through her breakfast like a voracious rabbit.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
DM RichD wrote:

The next day at the safehouse...

You awake to the smell of eggs and bacon cooking and a table already set for the morning meal.

Naberius arrives to breakfast neatly groomed, the grime of the sewers magically scoured from his clothes. He eats only as much as he needs to sustain himself, not bothering to hide his displeasure with the offered fare.

DM RichD wrote:

"Once you all have eaten, I have something I would like to discuss with all of you. After the meal has been consumed and the table cleared, Janiven stands up. I have news of Arael. Apparently the dispute over Arael’s custody between the Hellknights and the Dottari is over with the Hellknights winning. Unfortunately, it is not just any order of Hellknights but those from the Order of The Rack!"

They will be transporting him to Citadel Rivad and once he’s there, he will be as good as lost. Arael is strong and won’t give up information easily, but the Rackers are known for their extreme interrogation techniques including magic..."

Knowledge (Local), Untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Naberius nods as Janiven confirms his earlier suspicions. He knew very little of the organization as it was today, but he was well versed in their history. The Order of the Rack was the first of the Hellknight orders, founded by Daidian Ruel himself. They had a great legacy to live up to, so it was understandable that they would be a bit overzealous.

Of course, it was good to have confirmation that it was the Rack that they had to deal with, and not the Order of the Scourge. Naberius was unsure how much intercommunicaton there was between the different orders, but it seemed as if the Rack was yet unaware of his presence...

DM RichD wrote:
"I hate to say this, but Arael was involved in your selection process and your names are known to him."

...though it appears that it would not matter for long.

Naberius looks at Janiven like she had slapped him across the face. He sneers, "Of course he did. Marvelous. I suppose we have no choice but to save him, unless we want to share his fate..."

Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
Listening to Janiven explain her intel Tal can't but help to wonder how they are to pull this off. Your telling me that this Areal will likely have 10 Hellknights ecorting him and 4 of them are mounted. Why that still leaves 6 of them for us. Even if we ambush them they are heavily armored and well equipped. This group is not the best at combat if you haven't seen Janiven. I am gong to be hard pressed to handle a Hellknight from what I have heard of their training and skills. Its not like we can have Mera and Monday start kissing in the middle of the street and expect all of them to stare while Anna frees Areal. This is serious fighting you are talking about.

Listening to Tal's tactical evaluation of the situation, Naberius nods gravely. He adds, "Indeed. What level of escort are we talking about here, Janiven? Recently recruited Armigers or veteran Hellknights? Do they have any Signifiers for magical support? I would know as much as I can before we decide on a plan..."

Raveen Liquean wrote:
Mastermind at work.

Naberius smiles at the younger man's enthusiasm, but quickly grows serious as he considers his plans. He says, "I have no problem with the first plan, as sending you to deal with them alone could result in some unexpected unpleasantness. You may be a veritable chameleon, but the Hellknights are masters at sniffing out deception..."

He ponders for a moments before adding, "Speaking of deception, it would be prudent to have some sort of disguises. Assuming we are going to leave witnesses..."

Monday Daud wrote:
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
Its not like we can have Mera and Monday start kissing in the middle of the street and expect all of them to stare while Anna frees Areal.
"Why not?!" Monday murmurs in a state of half-asleep, quickly nibbling through her breakfast like a voracious rabbit.

Naberius grimaces, and sharply retorts, "I sincerely hope you have something more to contribute to the mission than lewd remarks, Varisian. I do not think you understand the gravity of the situation. Do you have any concept of what the Hellknight do to lawbreakers?"


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
Naberius Belthrune wrote:
Naberius grimaces, and sharply retorts, "I sincerely hope you have something more to contribute to the mission than lewd remarks, Varisian. I do not think you understand the gravity of the situation. Do you have any concept of what the Hellknight do to lawbreakers?

Monday rolls her eyes as she snatches up Naberius' (and anyone else's) uneaten bacon and eggs. "Yes, I have seen firsthand how severe they are in the pursuit of justice for sandwiches."

Raveen Liquean wrote:
It would be wise to have Tuesday materialize as a Hell-damned wraith...

At the rogue's comment Monday arches an eyebrow, looking at the man like he had switched languages mid conversation.


Male Raven Familiar | HP 12/12 | AC 16 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5 | CMB +1, CMD 7 | Init +2 | Perception +10

Vasco occupies himself with catching whatever scraps fall off the table. The gravity of the situation definitely seems to be lost on the raven as he happily hops and flaps around the negotiations.

As Naberius quietly seethes, Vasco takes objection to Monday preying on the wizard's leftovers, loudly proclaiming "Caw! I saw that first!"


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Seeing doesn't mean anything if you can't grab it!" she playfully teases as she hurriedly scoops up the rest of the leftovers before periodically throwing pieces to the bird.

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
Naberius Belthrune wrote:

DM RichD wrote:
"I hate to say this, but Arael was involved in your selection process and your names are known to him."

...though it appears that it would not matter for long.

Naberius looks at Janiven like she had slapped him across the face. He sneers, "Of course he did. Marvelous. I suppose we have no choice but to save him, unless we want to share his fate..."

Raveen chuckles again. Perhaps it was the nerves, but found all this quite surreal and amusing.

Don't laugh too much. It's not a good sign.

Naberius Belthrune wrote:
Listening to Tal's tactical evaluation of the situation, Naberius nods gravely. He adds, "Indeed. What level of escort are we talking about here, Janiven? Recently recruited Armigers or veteran Hellknights? Do they have any Signifiers for magical support? I would know as much as I can before we decide on a plan..."

Well, at least we know it to be level-appropriate.:p

Knowledge (Local) on Hellknight Habits: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Raveen shot Naberius with a sidelong glance, and then turned to the rest, adding wearily, "I suspect that according to their protocol, they will not classify Arael as a high-profile prisoner. As such, this would be a good opportunity to have the younger Armigers train. As for magical support...I'm sure that being deafened and on a bolting steed will prevent them from calling in magical support.
"And if our plans fail--I'm sure you can whip up something,
" Raveen added with a grin to the wizard. "What do you have up your sleeves?"

Naberius wrote:
Naberius smiles at the younger man's enthusiasm, but quickly grows serious as he considers his plans. He says, "I have no problem with the first plan, as sending you to deal with them alone could result in some unexpected unpleasantness. You may be a veritable chameleon, but the Hellknights are masters at sniffing out deception..."

Raveen nodded. It was an option he was not very keen on, after all.

"Bet she'd be impressed, though," he said in an undertone.
If anyone heard: DC 15 Perception:
Raveen blushes, and says 'it's nothing'.

Naberius wrote:
He ponders for a moments before adding, "Speaking of deception, it would be prudent to have some sort of disguises. Assuming we are going to leave witnesses..."

"We shall leave witnesses," Raveen said neutrally. "We need to. This will be the first strike for the Children of Twilight, and we will make it known that we took a man from under ten Hellknights' noses. We'll spread the rumors with bards, and any Dottari who feel they're being overshadowed by those foul knights. We will be funny, strong and clever in every retelling, and we will also have a cuddly animal sidekick for the kids to love."

Raveen then turns to Janiven. "Sorry I didn't bring this up yesterday; I suggest that name. I'll have T-shirts ready if we come back alive. I'd suggest we adopt a raven, but that's just because I love them. Badger...maybe a badger..." he says, voice trailing off.

"But we're in luck," He said, voice regaining focus. "We will need masks..."

A smile then dances on his lips. Perhaps a show is exactly what this city needs.

Naberius wrote:
Naberius grimaces, and sharply retorts, "I sincerely hope you have something more to contribute to the mission than lewd remarks, Varisian. I do not think you understand the gravity of the situation. Do you have any concept of what the Hellknights do to lawbreakers?"

"Here's a hint: it won't be sticking you in a room with a succubus," Raveen said with a small grin at Janiven. "Those are Chaos Knights...wait, do those exist?" he asked, glancing at Naberius.


Male Raven Familiar | HP 12/12 | AC 16 | Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5 | CMB +1, CMD 7 | Init +2 | Perception +10
Monday Daud wrote:
"Seeing doesn't mean anything if you can't grab it!" she playfully teases as she hurriedly scoops up the rest of the leftovers before periodically throwing pieces to the bird.

After some ruffling of feathers, Vasco quickly forgets his outrage and enthusiastically starts playing with Monday, hopping around the woman and trying to snatch the morsels before they hit the table.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

"Oooh, such a pretty and smart bird!" she coos as she continues with the food tossing.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Janiven agrees with Naberius and Raveen. Those Rackers believe prisoner transports are beneath them so most likely they will have the armigers do it. While no less zealous, they are not as well trained either. I would like there to be no casualties either since I personally think it would be great to embarrass the Rackers!

When Raveen mentions a raven or a badger as the symbol, Vitti will begin to clap and whistle. He will then make badger noises and hold out his half-eaten roll for Vasco calling, Caw Caw

Looks like someone really likes your idea! Janiven will say to Raveen.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Infernal Binder 4 | AC 16* | HP 32/32 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Perception +2 (+4 with familiar), Spellcraft +12
DM RichD wrote:
Janiven agrees with Naberius and Raveen. Those Rackers believe prisoner transports are beneath them so most likely they will have the armigers do it. While no less zealous, they are not as well trained either. I would like there to be no casualties either since I personally think it would be great to embarrass the Rackers!
Raveen Liquean wrote:

Raveen shot Naberius with a sidelong glance, and then turned to the rest, adding wearily, "I suspect that according to their protocol, they will not classify Arael as a high-profile prisoner. As such, this would be a good opportunity to have the younger Armigers train. As for magical support...I'm sure that being deafened and on a bolting steed will prevent them from calling in magical support.

"We shall leave witnesses," Raveen said neutrally. "We need to. This will be the first strike for the Children of Twilight, and we will make it known that we took a man from under ten Hellknights' noses. We'll spread the rumors with bards, and any Dottari who feel they're being overshadowed by those foul knights. We will be funny, strong and clever in every retelling, and we will also have a cuddly animal sidekick for the kids to love."

Naberius nods, "Sounds like a fair assessment. I suppose killing them would only incite the Hellknight further," turning to Raveen, he adds, "but please, do not underestimate the Signifiers. I studied with some formidable mages who ended up serving with the Hellknights. They are just as particular about their spellcasters as they are with their rank and file grunts."

Raveen Liquean wrote:
"And if our plans fail--I'm sure you can whip up something," Raveen added with a grin to the wizard. "What do you have up your sleeves?"

Naberius leans back, considering his options for a moment. Finally he lists off, "Aside from purely injurious incantations, I have a spell that has been known to send heavily armored opponents sprawling. That might add to the confusion of the ambush. Aside from that, I might be able to help our valiant protector here," he points to Tal, "reach new heights of efficiency. I will also be able to summon us some reinforcements, should the need arise..."

He smiles at this last option, steepling his fingers on the table in front of him.

Raveen Liquean wrote:
"I'd suggest we adopt a raven, but that's just because I love them.""

Naberius looks affectionally (if somewhat disapprovingly, seeing the bird spending time with the Varisian) at Vasco, and agrees, "I am quite fond of ravens myself..."

Raveen Liquean wrote:
"Those are Chaos Knights...wait, do those exist?" he asked, glancing at Naberius.

Naberius shakes his head at what he perceives to be a joke, saying, "You must be thinking of antipaladins. It would be a insult to chevaliers everywhere to call those wretches 'knights,' however..."

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)

Wait--I thought we were alone! Vitti is there?

"Badger, perhaps...mostly, I would suggest animals that are...family-oriented," said Raveen to Janiven.

He sketched something quickly, and said, "It's an improvised doodle, but it's our improvised doodle.

Art: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The drawing is of a fist, black against the setting (or rising) sun, with nine stars twinkling above them, with heavy shading and lighting effects, as if emphasizing the sun's rays.

"But let's get to this straight away. We have less than an hour to set up two traps, a cart-full of alchemist fire, and several positions to take, perhaps even a disguise or two," he said, standing up. "I take it that we're all in this? Janiven, you're coming with?"

Raveen will get the cart, perhaps 3-5 Alchemist's Fires, 2-3 Thunderstones, two bags of caltrops, and (if the team can afford it) a tanglefoot bag or two. Anything in the Children's storage?

Edit: Missed a post.

Naberius wrote:
"Aside from purely injurious incantations, I have a spell that has been known to send heavily armored opponents sprawling. That might add to the confusion of the ambush. Aside from that, I might be able to help our valiant protector here," he points to Tal, "reach new heights of efficiency. I will also be able to summon us some reinforcements, should the need arise..."

"Sprawling atop horses means more sprawling, I take it," Raveen said with a grin. "Good, there can never be enough sprawling--I take it you can assess best when we'll need reinforcements. Monday--Mera? Any particular strengths you'd like to share?"

Is Mera still on bot mode, or is she ready?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map
Raveen wrote:
Wait--I thought we were alone! Vitti is there?
Dude's a green-haired wood carver who likes to think he can talk to animals, where is he going to go? :)

Grand Lodge

Male Humanoid (Human) Rogue 3, Wizard 2, HP 43/47 (AC14, t14, f-; +5R,+8R,+6W, Perception +9 (+10 danger sense), Sense Motive +8, Stealth +14)
DM RichD wrote:
Raveen wrote:
Wait--I thought we were alone! Vitti is there?
Dude's a green-haired wood carver who likes to think he can talk to animals, where is he going to go? :)

Good point. Poor Vitti. ...now I'm suspicious.

Raveen would ask him to carve the task force full-face masks from wood that 'click' on helmets or with sashes.

"Think righteously angry faces, but with animal influences. Angry animals," Raveen tells him, getting the thought straight. "A fox-face...a bear face...a raven-face, heck, throw in a badger, too."

Those would take time. Until then, Raveen will invite Janiven to procure the required materials.
Dibs on the fox or raven. Who wants the badger?


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Uhh, do we have time to get all this thrown together?


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet
Raveen wrote:

"The bandits (on horseback) distract the Hellknights with hit-and-run maneuvers, lure them into a trap (preferably a disguised pitfall), looping around and rejoining the Lions once they are dealt with. The Pitfall would also be rigged to pour down Alchemical Fire. Unfortunately, the death toll could spike.

Knowing Hellkight protocol and arrogance, they will probably be waiting until their allies return. If the bandits appeared again, it would be time for the Links to strike.
The Links (also made of light-moving units) will be here," Raveen points at the hill on the right-end of the map. "Here we will have the cart ready, and it will tumble down the hill to topple the caravan, preventing it from running away. If we see it fit, we can set it on fire, and it would deal damage to any unfortunate souls in its destructive wake.
It would be wise to have Tuesday materialize as a Hell-damned wraith to scare the living out of who remains, so we can then clean up the mess before they regroup, moving quickly back into the nearest safe spot we have, dropping caltrops to cripple any remaining pursuers."
The Lions would consist of our slow-movers and heavy-hitters, as Sir Tal and whatever Master Naberius can conjure up. They would be equipped with Thunderstones, and be stationed in the bridge. All horses are frightened by loud noises, and we can fork a barricade to protect their flanks.

But let's get to this straight away. We have less than an hour to set up two traps, a cart-full of alchemist fire, and several positions to take, perhaps even a disguise or two," he said, standing up. "I take it that we're all in this? Janiven, you're coming with?"

My thoughts exactly Monday.

Tal looks at Raveen as he goes through his initial plan and then comes through with a second idea moments later while Tal was still running through the first scenario in his head. A few problems were arising to his thinking and he hoped that Raveen was willing to compromise. I don't know how we are going to pull all of that off Raveen. If we have less than an hour to get this done we might have to switch ideas or modify them a bit. Creating a pitfall is time consuming. We have to dig the dirt, shore up the walls to prevent a collapse, hide the dirt in a different location and cover the whole thing up. If not placed properly only part of the cart will fall in posiible injuring or killing Areal in the process. As for the flaming cart ramming into it as well, well that could be deadly again. If we are to get Areal out alive and leave the knights alive as well we will have to use nonlethal force. To do so and still be effective we will need to pick up and use saps. Does anyone have one or must we go purchase them.

If none are available that is Tal's top priority prior to arriving for this mission.

I agree as to the location as well. The river cuts down on mobiilty and their options. What I would suggest is similar to your proposal in stopping the cart before it reaches the bridge. That way they either have to turn back or come at us without bringing thier numbers to bear. Depending on what Naberius means by making me more efficient I can hold a large portion of the bridge while those behind can stay in relative safety providing support.

As to your idea of masks though, that I fully approve of. Anything to hide our identities. A wolf sounds like a perfect choice to me. A pack animal that protects its family and works together to take down a larger threat.

He finishes with his evaluation and then looks at Monday. Uh, what does Raveen mean by Tuesday being a Hell-raised wraith? I must say that I meant to ask you earlier about him as he is kind of creepy. He hasn't done or said anything yet so I didn't want to come to the wrong conclusion but I am finding I have no conclusion of that guy.


Male Phantom Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC16/T12/FF14 | HP 22/22 | DR/Slashing 5 | Fort +4 / Ref +5 / Will +0 | CMB +3 / CMD 15

Tuesday waves at Tal with an annoyed 'I'm right here!' look on his face.


Female Human Spiritualist Init +3 | Perception +11 | AC17/T12/FF14 | HP 20/20 | Fort +5 / Ref +2 / Will +8 | CMB +3 / CMD 15
Tal Bernard Mainz wrote:
He finishes with his evaluation and then looks at Monday. Uh, what does Raveen mean by Tuesday being a Hell-raised wraith? I must say that I meant to ask you earlier about him as he is kind of creepy. He hasn't done or said anything yet so I didn't want to come to the wrong conclusion but I am finding I have no conclusion of that guy.

"Oh!" Monday exclaims with a look of realization on her face as she starts to sip her coffee. "He's a ghost. Here to haunt me. Forever." she states matter-of-factly inbetween sips.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal looks at Tuesday waving at him and smiles. See what I mean, he seems nice and all but too quiet.

Turning back to Tuesday, No offense personally, it just kind of gives one the creeps is all.

At Monday's revelation...Tal looks at her slack jawed. Really he is haunting you? Why don't you try to get rid of him then or something? Surely there are ways to protect yourself or prevent him from bothering you. He stands up then and tries to position himself between the 2 of them.

301 to 350 of 4,822 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.