DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


2,701 to 2,750 of 5,913 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

m human AC 17 Perception +12

diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Pinkie steps up with Cats and Brother B and tries to look sincerer.

"I hope so....Hes good with people....Well it IS the truth...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Mariner orders a cup of milk to make it even more surreal to the man.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13
Brother Butterfly wrote:
Please wipe the past away and give us a clean slate. We don't like what has become of this town and we are here to make good change. Instead of being a problem- we are now trying to be pillars of the community.

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 16

"Yea, we bury our dead now." Fearless chimes in sarcastically as he doesn't seem to let it go anytime soon.

"Give us a bottle of your cheapest red wine." He smirks at the bartender.


Emmon listens to Brother Butterfly, his eyes darting occasionally to the other Watchmen behind him. He's wary at first, but seems to relax after it becomes more obvious that this isn't some sort of long con from a bunch of d!cks and a$$holes.

Uncorking a bottle of wine for Fearless, he says, "You fellas never really caused me trouble here. After Dena kicked you out of the Silver Wagon this was the only watering hole left in town, so you were careful to behave yourselves here." Pouring a glass for Fearless, then another for Brother Butterfly, he asks, "So, does this mean the Count is back and sorting things out? Been a dark pall over Thrushmoor. Folk dissapearing, ghosts in the streets, disturbing murals on the walls, some even saying the Briarstone Witch has returned."

Sense Motive DC 20:
Though many in the bar are giving side-eye to the Watchmen, the two well-dressed foreigners seem to be especially curious, and suspicious.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats smiles as he is grateful that there is no need for atonement here, but he still has questions.

"So...you are saying we used to cat for the Count? And now the Count hasn't been seen in a while? Has the Count been seen recently?" Cats asks. "We don't work for the Count no more. We're on our own. We are trying to clean up the messes we made. You can cat on that."

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Sense Motive


"No one has seen the count or the magistrate in a couple weeks. Some townsfolk went up to Fort Hailcourse and were told by Constable Cesyll that Magistrate Padgett had left the town for some unknown reason. They asked her to set up a night patrol, but she said it was impossible. Her orders, she claimed, were to keep the fort safe with the few militia members who remained after most of them had left their posts following weeks of unpaid work. Now it seems that the Fort itself has been closed up."


m human AC 17 Perception +12

sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Pinkie whispers to Cats "Hey the two standouts over there at that table seem to be trying hard to listen in. Maybe we should direct Brother B to them"

He then moves to sit in between Fearless and Mariner and whispers to them as he does "We being watched"


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless crawls out underneath the table. "I'll be back."

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

One by one he slides next to someone passing by before diving underneath a table or chair before moving on again. Using the people and shadows Fearless slowly makes his way near the two men and listens in for a moment.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

He didn't quite trust anyone in the Stain.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Trying to capitalize on the limited duration of his enhanced speaking ability. Brother Butterfly takes an exaggerated pose to take the drink pro-offered by the bartender.
Thank you bartender, but I am going to abstain from drinking anything hard for a couple weeks. But I do know how this drink can go to use... to find new friends.

With that, he put on his Baron Munchausen glittering smile and walks to the people that Pinkie identified. Tackling the obstacle head on!

Fine gentlemen. I have been given a beverage by the bartender and I must pass on alcohol for the time being. Call it a calling from Desna to for-go the fruit. Might I deliver this tasty beverage to your table and make your acquaintance?
I am Jasper, but called Brother Butterfly for my devotion to the Great Traveler. SHE has me here to win the day. Win today. Win tomorrow. Win the weeks thereafter.
And who are you two?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 4 = 33


Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Fearless moves skillfully through the bar, slipping past other patrons and crawling under a table to a spot near the two foreigners. However, one of the two men proves surprisingly perceptive and takes notice of the halfling.

"Didn't know you were back, Grim." he says in a low voice. "What is Jasper up to? He drunk again or playing some angle on Emmon?"

Before Fearless can answer Brother Butterfly has taken it upon himself to approach and make an introduction that seems to confuse the two. The one that spoke to Fearless glances curiously his way as if to ask, what the hell is going on here?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless winks at the pair of men. "Just play along, it is part of the con." he smiles and nods back to Brother Butterfly. "See you have to think about the long game." he says tapping his head.

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

While others talk to certain strangers, Cats tries his luck with other uncertain strangers, again trying to drudge some rumor of his past among the locals.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Diplomacy (Gather Info)


The Mariner looks over his shoulder at the mingling efforts then turns back to Emmon, "When you say the fort is closed up, you mean its been abandoned or barricaded?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Over at the bar, Emmon continues to talk with the Mariner.

"I don't know if it's abandoned, but I've heard they've locked the doors and aren't answering."

***

With the foreigners...

"Riiight..." One of them says slowly, trying to catch up with the "game". "I am Adlor, my companion here is Rizzek. We are travelers as well, hailing from Absalom. Our thanks for the drink."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

"A distinct pleasure to meet you. What special skills have you bequeathed upon Thrushmoor?
Are you tradesmen? Strong armed guard types? Or interested in the haunts and ghosts and witches of legend?
"

-Posted with Wayfinder


"We are merchants interested in potential markets." The man says, then casts a look in Fearless' direction. "Thrushmoor has all the signs we've been looking for."


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless gives a thumbs up to the man and quickly turns it into the okay hand signal by placing his thumb and fore finger together in a circle, placing his remaining fingers high in the air. He silently mouths the words of encouragement to the men as he listens on also. Doing Good!

Deciding to join in Fearless smacks the table. "So I hear you knew the Count's men? How well did you know them? Especially that drunk Jasper. Tell us all about him."


Over at the Foreigner's table the two men share a confused glance at Fearless' line of conversation. Looking at Brother Butterfly, Adlor says, "Can't say we know him well. We only recently arrived in Thrushmoor, and didn't get a formal introduction to the count's men."
Rizzek adds, "Last we knew they had gone out of town with the count."

Going to need a bluff from Brother Butterfly (and anyone else in this conversation) to keep the charade going.

While Fearless toys with the two foreigners Cats makes the rounds trying to ply the locals for more information on past dirty deeds. Unfortunately the men in the Stain are a tight lipped bunch, and either he wronged none in the place or they are too scared or drunk to admit any past confrontation.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats continues his efforts to find those he affronted, though he recognizes he may end up drinking alone or buy a drink or two for those who won't speak with him. In a way, that is a type of atonement, buying a drink for a guy and asking nothing of him...and giving him the silence of his thoughts alone.

Cats does what he can to eek out any information, but takes the silence as a good sign as well. It means that he probably hasn't wronged anyone here. It's true what the bartender said, that Cats didn't s%$+ the bed and tried to be nice here after getting cast out of the Silver Wagon.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

As the others engage people in conversation Pinkie tries to get in a good position to see what the two men Brother B is talking to have in their pockets.

stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
sleight of hand: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

I perceive that BB doesn't know the two foreigners. So is it really a bluff since he's trying to open up communication and gather information. But, here is a bluff roll just in case. bluff: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26 Keeping up the smiling enthusiasm. "Merchants! Excellent. Good commerce makes the town run right. Where can we find you? Should we have need of those signs that you found so favorable. " Pointing to each of the Watchmen (except Pinkie) as he tries to make them follow his finger and re direct their attention. "We are The Watchmen and we plan on restoring the right order to Thrushmoor. " He gives his patented flashy smile and hopes that the two foreigners interpret his meaning in whatever way that gives The Watchmen an advantage.

-Posted with Wayfinder


"We are staying here. Emmon was good enough to rent out his private rooms upstairs." Adlor smiles, playing along. "It's about time someone dealt with Thrushmoor. We thought the count would, but he apparently didn't see the signs and has left to pursue other interests."

Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

While the foreigners are distracted by conversation, Pinkie casually slips by them and takes a seat near one of the windows. In his hands is a small pouch plucked from from Rizzek. Inside the pouch he finds a silver amulet bearing a strange symbol.

Amulet added to Visual Guide

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Showing a smile that indicates everyone is on the same page.
"Yes.YES.
Exactly.
"

He concluded the conversation and moved into others at The Stain. BB does want to grab some good food and decompress from the day.
If other Watchmen join him, he drops the verbal firebomb.
"So, the Garrison no longer does patrols or watches. What do you think about going on a back and forth patrol in the streets tonight? Letting the citizens know that the streets are reasonably safe?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

As Brother Butterfly leaves Fearless with the pair of men he turns back. "You boys did wonderful! So fill me in. It has been a loooong couple of weeks. how do we know each other again? Now that Jasper is gone."


The Mariner waits for others to finish their drinks and conversation, content on settling in for the night either here or the Silver Wagon. He heard Brother's call to hit the streets, but assumed that was Brother talk.

-Posted with Wayfinder


With Brother Butterfly stepping away, and a line of conversation taking an odd turn again, Adlor looks sideways at Fearless. "Alright, whatever thing you got going on I think you need to fill us in now."

There are limits to bluffing.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless holds both hands up. "Alright, alright already." Fearless leans in close. "Jasper seems to have lost a large portion of his memory and I am helping him fill it in you see." Tipping his head back as if taking an imaginary drink. "Probably lost it to the dirnking, but who knows."


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats continues his own line of inquiries around the bar, which just might be talking into his own drink.


"You are asking some strange questions Grim." Adlor looks confused. "Why should we care what that drunken fool needs? Why do you care? I'm pretty sure Melisenn doesn't. She was happy to be rid of the count's lackeys."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Overhearing Adlor, the Mariner cackles a laugh, shaking his head, Jerks, as$holes AND lackeys!

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Perhaps Fearless wasn't the best to gather information as he didn't quite trust well...anyone really. He decides for a little half-truth.

"Who else is going to look out for the drunken fool. Obviously he isn't one of the Count's lackeys anymore, due to losing his memory."

"Who is Melisenn by the way?"

Knowledge Local (Melisenn): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Fearless doesn't recognize the name Melisenn.

"Melisenn? She's uh... trader.. in the High Market." Adlor moves to stand. "Look, if you want to help Jasper, that's on you. It's late, and we're uh.. on Taldor time.. it's like midnight there, or something."
"Midnight, what?" Rizzek looks up from the still-half-full glass of wine.
"C'mon Rizzek. Time to turn in."
"Right."
The two foreigners give polite nods and turn for the stairs.

Sense Motive DC 7:
Adlor is a terrible liar.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"Cool, see ya later guys." fearless waves and goes to rejoin Brother Butterfly. "You manage to get anything from all that?"

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

before answering, it'd really help getting more information that you and Pinkie obtained. Especially Pinkie's little theft item.
Can the PC's post and advise if they are sharing info or if they are holding things close to the vest. BB's answer gets far more complex with the pieces that others have.

gm:
If Pinkie shares the coin thing he stole, I'd like to do a religion roll and a planes roll. Can I cast Luck prior to seeing it?

religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Luck rolls - if possible:
religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


m human AC 17 Perception +12

After the men leave Pinkie joins Brother B and Fearless.

Whispering"I don't know what you guys got from that but i got this from one of the guys."

and he slips the amulet to Brother Butterfly

"Might want to know if its magicked though."


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"They seemed to really know us. mentioned that old Jasper here was a big drunk. Thought he was playing a long con on Emmon, whoever that is. they also mentioned someone named Melisenn from the High Market." Fearless goes on to explain everything he had heard that was pertinent.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

What I think?
BB turns the medallion/coin/necklace item in his hands. He recognizes the symbol but maybe only a flicker.

gm:
Please advise if I actually know this.

This is an odd symbol. Look at how it's made out of gold. It could be a co-incidence, but gold is another word for Yellow. And we fought converts to a Yellow God on the island. The Apostles in Orpiment - and Orpiment is a deep orange-yellow mineral.
Those apostles were converts and amongst the insane. These gentlemen are not insane- but they could be a part of the same religion. Drawn to the area by The Tatterman and the ritual the Dr performed with the "Night Book" that we have. They specifically used the words " signs" . They were attracted to The Signs. Count Lowls started something. A large Domino that he knocked over. Those two started to see the other dominoes fall and are here for the show and the end effect.

Those two foreigners are certainly NOT merchants. Following them, or tailing them , will certainly lead us to more information and probably a heck of a fight.
Next, They mentioned the name of someone: Melisenn. That is also not a merchant. We were at High Market earlier today. We shopped like crazy and didn't see either of the two guys - or the guy named Melisenn.

Thinking further. Deeply.

Plus, Melisenn knew us. Didn't like us, and wanted (or at least petitioned) for our removal. He knew the Count and had at least a reasonable amount of power to bend his ear to get us admitted to the asylum. I am probably assuming that Melisenn is more powerful than he really is, but I do bet that with Count Lowl out of town, all roads to whatever problem has struck this town -- will lead to Melisenn.
That is a name we need to drop around town when we ask questions. But, if we start asking around for him, he will know about us sooner rather than later.... so we need to be discreet.


"Alright, so let's tail these goons." the Mariner whispers, wholly buying that Brother's mental opera is real. "Fearless Pinkie Cat, you up to it? We'll bring up the rear at a distance."

-Posted with Wayfinder


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Brother Butterfly and Cats have seen the symbol before, branded into Fearless' back.

Though he couldn't recall the connection before, Brother Butterfly feels certain that he knows what the symbol is.

Butterfly:
The amulet and the brand upon Fearless are The Yellow Sign, a symbol associated with the Great Old One Hastur spoken of by the ratling Ratch Mamby.

The "goons" have gone upstairs, presumably to the rooms they have rented.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

The lamplighter's torch goes on! Brother Butterfly finally connects the dots and sees the connection.

Hastur. Hastur. That's the connection. Hastur is who they have a symbol of. He's Evil. When we talked with the ratling Ratch Mamby. He discussed how evil he was.
Also, they branded YOU

see my spoiler and it has links to conversations

pointing at Fearless and handing him two mirrors so Fearless can try and see the brand on his back. The exact symbol that Pinkie stole from those guys.

The Tatterman served the Briarstone Witch... so she's certainly here in town. But he also served Hastur. I bet these guys and that guy Melisenn are all Hastur disciples.

thinking more.
We have too much to do, and not a lot of time. Let's figure out a way to tail the two foreigners either late tomorrow or the next day. Either we call it a night or we go on patrol. What do you all want to do?
I have a ton of spells left. BB doesn't need to sleep yet, but he's lazy so resting always wins if we don't have party unison to adventure more.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
m human AC 17 Perception +12

"I say we kick in their door and beat the crap outa them till they tell us something......excuse me but your still not suppose to do that.....no I didn't say it was a bad idea.......Its not the way we do things. Well it is kinda but not in this instance."

Pinkie rolls his eyes in frustration

"Don't listen to him"


"I like Pinkies idea," says the shortsighted Mariner, "Go listen to what they're talking about in their room. If nothing, we trail them tomorrow, see who they talking to."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats eventually wanders back over to get caught up on the conversations.

"Casthur, huh? Yeah, I remember that ratty rat chittering something about that. And you know how much I listen to rats," Cats rubs his chin before pulling up a chair and taking a seat. He begins to rock in it as he thinks about Oripments, Old Gods, & evil.

"Heck, we could even cat here for the night. Wouldn't be the first time...allow us to keep watch on them all night. We could be ready to follow them in the morning. Taking turns, you know," Cats looks around the place. "Wouldn't be the first time we had to cat here, I think. Might not be the last."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Okay, I'm not one for sneaking and listening. But, Desna can help those that are.

He casts Luck on the person going to start sneaking next round. and as a diversion - plus good will.

He walks up to the bartender.
Emmon, since we are not abiding by drink, let The Watchmen spread some good will and host food and drink for those that are in the hall.
Will 30 GP's get some food on people's table and a little rum in their glass? Plus, here's 5 GP's for The Watchmens food bill.

He slaps down the coins for Emmon. He might also ask about getting a room for the night. But that is probably later. Let's see if sneaky types don't cause a ruckus.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

With little to add to the conversation Fearless grabs the mirror to try and check out his tramp stamp. He angles the mirror just right to finally see the yellow sign and frowns at the mar on his perfectly hair body. "Those are the bastards that branded me?" He drops the mirror in anger and begins to storm up the stairs as long as no one stops him. "I am with Pinkie and Mariner on this one."


m human AC 17 Perception +12

"Hey wait I didn't suggest it Evon did ....... snickers.....now see what you done.

Pinkie moves in front of Fearless.

"Come on little guy I promise we'll get em just not right now"


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless tries to bypass Pinkie for a second, but the 9 fingered man spreads his arms out wide, not allowing him through. "Dammit Pinkie, let me by." He struggles futilely before giving in, throwing his arms up in defeat. "Fine! But I'LL BE BACK." He screams up the stairs making a scene as Pinkie drags him away, like some sort of screaming toddler.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie leans down a whispers in his ear

"Think man you got witnesses if you head up there right now. I'm with ya but we gotta have a plan and charge might be a plan for some other time."


The Mariner was waiting in the stairwell. Then seeing Pinkie herding Fearless back down, he simply heads back down with them. Strategic retreat.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats follows the party out, having had a pretty good time at the Stain. He could see why he hung out there back when he was somecat different.

"Now where? Back to the Silver Catgon? Maybe a second dinner? Then tomorrow, we explore the Pier and see if we can get better information about Count. And weren't we supposed to check out the some Agency?" Cats asks, already planning the next days activities.

2,701 to 2,750 of 5,913 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.