DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


2,851 to 2,900 of 5,906 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats nods.

"Do we have enough supplies for the cave? Maybe we should get some hooks or ropes or cat axes or torches or whatever before we go? If it's a cave, it's gunna be dark, right?" Cats asks, getting ready to go.

Not sure we need supplies, but probably. Cats has no rope, no climbing gear, no crowbar, no nothing. But he does have soap and rations.


Soap. I have never looked it up and verified it but it must be a running joke since Gygax first edition, that's soap is always in everyone's pocket. Since I was fifteen, whether it is picked from some beggar or found stashed in the dead body within a cave of dragons. There's always soap. Everybody's got soap.

The Mariner offers, "I've got a hundred foot line and grapple. But we should not be too cautious about this. We should get more rope. I've been thinking we should secure a boat in case we need to cast off in a hurry out of this town. It should cost us about less than our breakfast. We'll take the boat over to the Cove and be prepared that should the high tide catch us by surprise we can grapple up the rock face."

He then offers something which is far too wise to come out of his condition of lunacy,"We know that the count is a son of a b%~#@ who deals in all manners of extortion and crime. But does anyone have a guess why he does all this? Apart from the usual brand of tyrant that is power hungry, this town has the value of a barrel of cheap ale. It has no worth in wealth. What is he doing it for?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats is ready to go back into town to buy some supplies, then steal hire a boat to take the party to the cave.

Buying more rations, rope, & uh, do we torches/lanterns/sunrods? A pick axe is always handy. Uhm....what else?


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"He wanted books so probably nothing to do with the town but what was in it. Either way he must have found it since he left." Fearless muses as he procures a couple items of interest as well.

Buy Rope, 10 pitons; crowbar, pickaxe, 2 sunrods and chalk.


A rowboat large enough for 5 Watchmen is 60gp.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

I only want to buy 1 oar.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Laughing at Fearless.
BB is all for buying a boat. He also needs to pick up, since we're shopping, a potion of climb a potion of swim a potion of jump and a potion of eagles splendor.
Tell me if that's too much spending. But I'm certain it will help at some point down the line weather this adventure are the next module

-Posted with Wayfinder


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Which beckons the obvious question...

The Mariner pauses as he gathers some mundane equipment at the trader's post. "You all know how to swim, right?" suspiciously eyes the walking buoy in priestly robes. "...Right?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Swim? I think I can swim. I would need to not have any armor, and I certainly need *This*
As he shakes a vial of potion water that he is intending on buying.


The Watchmen spend part of the morning purchasing supplies for adventures at sea, air, and land, with Brother Butterfly acquiring potions to handle almost any athletic situation. A rowboat is procured from a grizzled old fisherman who tosses in an extra oar for free. Under the power of the Mariner’s strong and skilled arms the group rows out of Thrushmoor and follows the coast north, arriving around noon at the spot the Mariner marked with an “X” on their map.

A small strip of muddy sand choked with reeds sits at the entrance of a low cave just at the lip of the bay. Obscured from casual observation by vegetation, this small cave mouth opens in the limestone face of the water’s edge. This part of the shore is approximately 8 feet above the water level, and if you had approached this area by land, you would have had to descend a damp limestone cliff face or hop down some large rocks to the shore. Either way would have been challenging for Brother Butterfly, who would have probably had to use one or more potions to make its safely down, so the rowboat seems to have been a good investment.

Scraggly vines drape over the top of the cave and hang like tangled hair over its mouth. The grotto’s muddy foor is tracked with footprints, and you can just see a wooden barricade in the dim light ahead that seals off the tunnel a short way in.

DC 20 Perception, Survival, or Knowledge Nature:

A gnarled vine, as thick as a man's arm and bearing hand-shaped leaves, convulses unnaturally among the vines at the mouth of the cave.

If you notice this you can make a second Knowledge Nature check vs DC 13 to open the Secret spoiler below.

Secret:

This is an Assassin Vine

The assassin vine is a carnivorous plant that collects its own grisly fertilizer by grabbing and crushing animals and depositing the carcasses near its roots. These remarkable plants can see minute movements in the earth and air and detect changes in light and heat through their broad leaves, giving them exceptional awareness of the area around them. Possessing no intelligence or agenda, they lash out at whatever living things pass nearby, regardless of the target's size, sentience, or potential deadliness. A mature plant consists of a main vine, about 20 feet long; smaller vines up to 5 feet long branch off from the main vine about every 6 inches. These small vines bear clusters of leaves, and in late summer they produce bunches of small fruits that resemble wild blackberries. The fruit is tough and has a hearty and typically bitter flavor, although some say the berries change in taste depending on what victims composted a given plant's roots. The most murderous assassin vines supposedly produce the sweetest berries.
An assassin vine can move about, but usually stays put unless it needs to seek prey in a new vicinity. The plants use simple tactics, lying still until prey comes within reach and then attacking. Once an assassin vine is engaged, it pursues prey (albeit slowly) in order to catch and compost the creature. The plants prove tenacious, as long as their quarry remains within sight. Once a creature moves beyond the plant's ability to perceive it, the unthinking vine falls still and lies in wait for the next passerby.

Map updated!

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
"Mariner, I really like it when you get to put your skills into action. Good job."

BB really means he likes it when The Mariner smashes the crap out of their enemies, but the row boat was a good bit of work too. There's probably going to be drug abusers lounging in the cave, and he can use The Mariners skills on dispersing them from the cave also.

At seeing the entrance, he notices the vines and stops.
Putting up a "HOLD POSITION" hand signal and a "Shhhh" signal with an index finger over his mouth, he uses the same index finger to point at a really thick and strange vine at the breach of the cave.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Butterfly noticed the vines, so let’s skip to identification.

Knowledge Nature DC 13:

This is an Assassin Vine
The assassin vine is a carnivorous plant that collects its own grisly fertilizer by grabbing and crushing animals and depositing the carcasses near its roots. These remarkable plants can see minute movements in the earth and air and detect changes in light and heat through their broad leaves, giving them exceptional awareness of the area around them. Possessing no intelligence or agenda, they lash out at whatever living things pass nearby, regardless of the target's size, sentience, or potential deadliness. A mature plant consists of a main vine, about 20 feet long; smaller vines up to 5 feet long branch off from the main vine about every 6 inches. These small vines bear clusters of leaves, and in late summer they produce bunches of small fruits that resemble wild blackberries. The fruit is tough and has a hearty and typically bitter flavor, although some say the berries change in taste depending on what victims composted a given plant's roots. The most murderous assassin vines supposedly produce the sweetest berries.
An assassin vine can move about, but usually stays put unless it needs to seek prey in a new vicinity. The plants use simple tactics, lying still until prey comes within reach and then attacking. Once an assassin vine is engaged, it pursues prey (albeit slowly) in order to catch and compost the creature. The plants prove tenacious, as long as their quarry remains within sight. Once a creature moves beyond the plant's ability to perceive it, the unthinking vine falls still and lies in wait for the next passerby.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

BB puts on his scale armor. Trying to be reasonably quiet. the Wooden Barricade and the odd vine makes him consider that this may be more than a Bug Hunt to Outpost Nine.


Once the boat is close enough, the Mariner drops anchor (BB) and straps on his armor and array of weapons with expertise. Chainmail, heavy shield, broadsword, warhammer, two throwing axes, lucerne polearm, a shovel; for a moment it looks and feels like someone who had done it hundreds of times. Bristling with weapons, he leaps into the offshore water like a stormtrooper and marches up the surf with ease. Marine Terror (Ex)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Once the beachhead appears secured, he waves the others in.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

RE: bug hunt. Little known fact that my best man at my wedding is the visual effects supervisor for ST2 (and did a lot of work on Starship Troopers) and was working on all the bug work while we were roomies. He also did a s#+~ ton for Cloverfield too.

"...so I think I cat to the woman, yeah, you want to see my dinghy?" Cats laughs at his own hilarious joke, told between shifts on the oars. He doesn't have many good rowboat jokes, but that's the one that he remembers somehow from some place.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Perception

He pauses to see what vine Brother is talking about.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Holy! That is great that your roommate did the visuals for a couple cool movies. We FINALLY have something in common (smile).
My old roommate worked for Jim Henson creature Shop and did the sculptures and mickets for creatures for a few movies. But, it was Independence Day that was the coolest. That was when he worked a bit from home to crank out aliens - and so we have those small saucer shaped aliens in the house for like 3 weeks. That and he was sculpting "slime" molds . Our apartment was COOL - for about 3 weeks.

thumbs up to your best man!


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

That is awesome. I wish I had a cool roommate at some point like that."

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Fearless peers closer. "That is what is known as an Assassin Vine. Dumb brutes but very deadly." read the spoiler "They can feel the movements in the earth and quickly snatch up anything nearby as it waits for food. clear it out from a good distance."


BB’s roommate was a talented sculptor, and hilarious drunk. I played in a Cyberpunk game with him for a couple years before he moved out of state. One year he managed to get his hands on one of the original (or a cast of the original) props of Deckard’s handgun from Bladerunner and gave out painted resin copies. I still have mine somewhere. I think Harrison Ford (or whoever crafted the prop) has small hands, because a normal hand doesn’t quite fit the grip.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Oh man, the Cloverfield discussions we had. Plus the behind the scenes footage was dang cool. With ST2, I remember him coming into my room and asking...does this look like a control panel for a bunch of barrels about to be ejected into a bug army. I said sure. It was in the movie.

Cats listens about Assassin Vines and already thinks they are really deadly. Assuming the party is at a safe distance, he will pull out his bow and let loose with a few arrows to see if they have an effect.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 to hit;
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 to hit;
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 to hit;
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Seeing Cats begin to fire arrows Fearless fumbles getting to his crossbow but manages to bring it up to fire on the plant.

"Careful. it is probably hungry Cats"

Surprise Round +1 Hand Crossbow; PBSl Precise: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 1 +1 Hand Crossbow; PBSl Precise: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Some rolls when they apply

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 18 (22- covering fire)
Spells 1st 2/4
Inspiration 3/3
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 0/1


m human AC 17 Perception +12

"You guys poking a tree with a stick. You need an Axe"


Cats and Fearless sink a couple arrows and bolts into the assassin vine and it recoils, flailing about the entrance for a moment before withdrawing down a dark side passage.

Map updated


The Mariner steps aside as the volley flies by. He lights a torch, ready to foray into the cave. "Dunno what that was, it dragged itself to the left there." He waits for the others before advancing.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

And let their be a light unto the world. With that light, Desna shall protect.
Cast light on a coin.

Brother Butterfly then casts Shield Other on Mariner. and waits for others to move forward.
contingency : if the others wait another round, or Pinkie stays towards the rear with BB, he casts Shield of Faith on Pinkie.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie unsheathes his weapons and moves in behind Mariner

"Ir ropes you up I'll cut you loose but we still say we need an axe"


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Does it look like any of the arrows hit and did damage? If so, which arrow(s) might have been successful?

Cats follows the party on shore, again taking up the rear. His bow is at the ready.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless gives chase. "Don't let it get away. They are hard to spot. It will just feed on us later like how the Twin got taken." He moves against the cavern wall and peers down where the living plant went.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Again a light begins to form on a nearby rock as he passes it with his foot, like some sort of beacon.

Cast light


Cats: I gave you two free rounds of shots, and although it’s hard to tell exactly how effective the arrows and bolts were from a distance, you both definitely hit once and did some damage.

Trying to be quiet, Fearless slips forward into the grotto and peers into the side passage. As he does a stone at his feet begins to glow, bathing the area in soft light. Coiled up near the ceiling, the assassin vine waits to pounce!

Rolls:

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Cats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Fearless: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Pinkie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
The Mariner: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Assassin Vine: 1d20 ⇒ 19

INITIATIVE
The Mariner *Shield other from BB

Assassin Vine
Brother Butterfly *Shield other on Mariner
Fearless
Cats
Pinkie

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Uh, Oh. Mariner - Fearless is in danger!


The Mariner rushes forward, not really sure what tactic or strategy to use. Fire + Plant = Burns He tosses the lit torch into the vines, hoping the right effect.

Throw at spot on ground: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


The Mariner’s torch lands on some trailing vines, but the flames seem to have no effect on the plant.

Slam vs Fearless: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Stretching out a tendril, the assassin vine reaches for Fearless, but the halfling evades the attack. It shakes its leaves and roots and grass around the cave entrance writhe and grasp at everyone in the area.

Entangle effect. Reflex save vs DC 13.
Creatures that fail their save gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check.

Entangled condition:

The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity . An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly *Shield other on Mariner
Fearless (do you have mage armor active?)
Cats
Pinkie
The Mariner *Shield other from BB

Assassin Vine

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Desna sometimes helps the wayward traveler with sure footing on dangerous climbs. And she MUST BE looking out for her Fat and slow Butterfly, because me jumps in alarm at the moving grass and clinging vines. Getting lucky and moving out of the area of writhing .
delay to end of round. Moving at least. Maybe casting a spell.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Entangle has a very large area. The only thing free of it is the rowboat.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 1, Init 8

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Reflex

”Catnabbit! Sonuvacat!” Cats grouses as he feet get tangled in seaweed.

For his turn, he tries to escape.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Escape Artist

Cats Stats:

AC: 17 (dex + leather)
HP: 31/31

[ dice]1d20+8+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Will no longer be using Mage Armor as I am wearing Mithral chain shirt for same AC bump from the spell. Frees up a spell slot.

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Fearless skids to a halt ass the Assassin Vine is right around the corner. [b]"S!&$ it is right here..."[b] He spins around and withdraws from the vine, reloading his crossbow.

End of Turn Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Withdraw


m human AC 17 Perception +12

reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

escape artist: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Pinkie caught up in the vines tries to hack his way free.

"Crap"

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

oh, with such a large area for entangle. He has to stay. He moves to line of sight of the cave and casts spiritual Weapon (War Razor).
attack: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 3 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

End of round Reflex Save.
reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 4


REF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

longsword,power attack,furious focus: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 20
dam 2 handed: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 18

The Mariner steps towards the central mass, drawing his magical sword for some weed abatement.


Though half of the Watchmen get tangled up in roots and grass, Brother Butterfly and the Mariner stay free of them and hack the vine into pieces.

Though it seems the fight is over suddenly a new creature shimmers briefly into sight. Shaped like a mutant mushroom with tentacles, it bites at the Mariner with a large maw of teeth before fading back into invisibility.

Bite vs FF AC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13

Knowledge Nature DC 14:

This is a plant creature called a phantom fungus. It is naturally invisible.

A phantom fungus is a tripedal carnivorous plant that roams the vast and deep underground caverns of the world. It wanders in search of food, using its rootlike feet to detect movement along the cavern floors and the sensitive tendrils surrounding its mouth to pinpoint prey.
A phantom fungus's primary advantage as a predator is its ability to vanish from sight. Stealthily patrolling the perimeters of caverns, a phantom fungus remains invisible until it is behind its prey, at which point it snaps at its victim with its vicious maw.

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly (29/35) *Shield other on Mariner
Fearless
Cats
Pinkie
Mariner (50/57) *Shield other from BB

Invisible Monster


m human AC 17 Perception +12

"Oh man what fresh hell is this. Walking plants, invisible creatures. I almost miss the asylum. At least we knew to expect ridiculous there."

Pinkie crouches down and readies himself like a coiled snake.

ready action to attack the thing if/when it attacks


I left a token on the map for the new creature, but keep in mind it is invisible = 50% miss chance.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 2, Init 8

Cats dries to free himself again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Escape Artist

He moves 30' to where he hopes is a better position to help.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17 (dex + leather)
HP: 31/31

[ dice]1d20+8+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

With grass wrapping itself around him, he is not afraid. He focuses him mind and presents his forearm.

Though we are entangled in our own sin, with it clawing and ripping at our souls, we have salvation! The Traveler empowers us. She brings her razor to cut the vines that bind and heal the wounds that ooze our blood.

redirect the spiritual (war) Razor to attack the invisible thingy. He also channels energy to heal himself and Mariner.

Spoiler:
GM I looked and read items that show I can channel energy while grappled. I hope so. Otherwise, I'd try and get the wand of healing out. So far, I used a move action to redirect the Spiritual weapon and used a regular action to heal.

War Razor: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 3 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
chance to hit. above 50 is good: 1d100 ⇒ 52

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


longsword,power attack,furious focus: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 22
chance to hit. above 50 is good: 1d100 ⇒ 95
dam 2 handed: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 13

The Mariner barely notices one vegan for another, and continues to chop away.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Those are naturally invisible beasts called Phantom Fungus." Fearless waves his hand about the area, not quite sure where it is.

Reaching for his pouch Fearless reloads another crossbow bolt into the slot in case it is needed as he looks for the creature.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Seeing Mariner hacking at something from around the corner he scuffles in and takes aim.

Reload and move.


Brother Butterfly and the Mariner continue to take on the plant monsters, both of the attacks thwacking into spongy fungal hide. The rest of the Watchmen struggle with entanglement or ready weapons in case the creature shows up in a different spot.

Bite vs Mariner FF AC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

The phantom fungus appears again for a split second, chomping at the Mariner again, but missing completely.

Reminder: Everyone needs to save vs entangle every round. Red vs DC 13.

An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity . An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

INITIATIVE

Brother Butterfly (35/35) *Shield other on Mariner 

Fearless (28/28)

Cats (31/31)

Pinkie (37/37)

Mariner (57/57) *Shield other from BB

Phantom Fungus -16


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 3, Init 8

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Reflex vs. DC 13

Cats tries to keep his feet clear as he waits for the foe to show itself so he can shoot it.

1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 23 to hit; (+PBS,-cover)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17 (dex + leather)
HP: 31/31

[ dice]1d20+8+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Attach with Spiritual Shick Quatro: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 3 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
chance to hit, above 50 is a hit: 1d100 ⇒ 84

With the War Razor attacking and slashing in the same area, Brother Butterfly focuses on pulling out his wand of cure light wounds (to his right hand) and also keeping his mace in his left.

Seeing that the pathway toward the Phantom Fungus is clear - maybe the fungus repels the grabbing grass?
He advances and swings his mace.
Magic Mace: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 3 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
chance to hit, above 50 is a hit: 1d100 ⇒ 41

Drat, missed out on a potential crit.


ls,pa,ff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 54
dam: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

"Bah! Looks just like plain old cave mold to me!!"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Previous Round Reflex Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Fearless quickly gets entangled in the living vines and weeds as they wrap tightly around his ankle. He struggles against the grasp.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

And still remains tightly stuck. "Crap. It's got me." Dropping his crossbow into the shifty vines Fearless draws his dagger from his belt.

Not sure if I need to save again as I am already entangled.

End of Round Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 16 (Entangled)
Spells 1st 2/4
Inspiration 3/3
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 0/1

2,851 to 2,900 of 5,906 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.