DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


2,951 to 3,000 of 5,794 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

I just confirmed that BB meant to ask Fearless for help. Getting to Pinkie would require crossing a lot of spikes. It’s a shame, because Pinkie’s post was awesome.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless continues to masterfully wield the wand of power.

UMD DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Just as he is getting ready to say the command word a powerful vision takes hold. His eyes roll into the back of his head and his voice changes to a very high soprano as he recounts some sort of event taking place.

The painting on the wall is familiar. The words used by the woman are familiar as well.
”It has many names...” A man’s voice echoes in your memory. You catch a flash of circular spectacles and his long beard out of the corner of your eye. ”It has been called The Star Seed and The Inmost Blot. It is a power of decay, catastrophe, and transformation.”
An old book lays open before you, a scrawl of ink within, as if someone’s fountain pen had spilled out across the page. Yet the more you stare, the more a form beckons from the blot. A form like the one upon the wall of the smuggler’s cave.
”Those fools at the Sincomakti laughed, but I have learned it’s terrible true name... it is the Great Old One, Xhamen-Dor.”

As the vision fades he is rocked back, breathing heavily as he is unable to catch his breath.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 4, Init 21

"Where did she go?" Cats readies to shoot the witch again if and when she shows up (along with a 5' step, if necessary).

1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 = 18 to hit; (+PBS)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11 damage.a

Cats Stats:

AC: 17+3=20 (dex + leather)
HP: 31/31

[ dice]1d20+8+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.


FORT: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

The Mariner rears back ready to strike.

longsword,power attack,furious focus:: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 22
dam 2 handed: : 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 12


Pinkie and the Mariner are wracked by coughs from the spores in the air.

Both are fatigued for 1 round, plus some constitution damage.
Pinkie con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Mariner con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Also, needed Reflex from Mariner for last round ball lightning.

Mariner reflex vs lightning: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Pinkie offers some morale support to Brother Butterfly from across the spikes and Mariner readies to attack the woman if she returns nearby.

Brother Butterfly heals himself and Fearless tries to help, but a vision interferes and he begins babbling like Pinkie.

The earthen form of the woman rises in the middle of the cave and Cats takes his shot, but the arrow bounces off. She responds by redirecting her electrical spheres again, keeping Brother Butterfly under siege.

Butterfly Electrical Damage (Ref vs DC 18 negates): 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3) = 5 *-4 to save if wearing metal armor
Mariner Electrical Damage (Ref vs DC 18 negates): 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) = 7 *-4 to save if wearing metal armor

INITIATIVE
Group Effects: Bless
Pinkie (29/29) *Aid +6 Temp HP, -2 Con, Staggered, Fort save required!
Brother Butterfly (21/35) *Shield other on Mariner, Ref save required!
Fearless (28/28)
Mariner (30/49) *Shield other from BB, -2 Con, Staggered, Fort and Ref saves required!
Cats (31/31) *Shield of faith

Woman -1


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 5, Init 21

Cats fires twice at the woman as she is now in sight. He calls upon a divine something within himself for some extra help. MiniSmite.

1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 13 to hit; (+PBS,+minismite,-rapid,+bless)
1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 14 damage.

1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 27 to hit; (+PBS,+minismite,-rapid,+bless)
1d8 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 15 damage.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 14 to hit; (+PBS,+minismite,-rapid,+bless)
2d8 + 16 ⇒ (5, 1) + 16 = 22 additional damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17+3=20 (dex + leather)
HP: 31/31

[ dice]1d20+8+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 1/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

UMD: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The vision has Fearless so shaken that he can barely keep his hands on the wand. His voice stutters and he isn't able to say the physical command word to make the wand work right.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

I'll delay a bit until Fearless goes. Please move my in itiative to behind Fearless.

reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 4

This Lady is pulling out some impressive surprises! Thankfully we have a couple ourselves.
He is a bit worried, until he sees Cats and hears the twang of his bowstring - with one that embeds itself into the Red Heads side. The thump of flesh giving way to arrowhead makes a satisfying sound to Brother Butterfly.

Good shot Cats! You brought her to her knees.
He then moves and starts a prayer.
Hear my cry, O' Desna. attend onto the words of my prayer. Be a shelter for my, and a strong tower from my enemies.

cast CLW- Sacrifice Cause Fear spell, and I want to see if I can make a religion roll on the name Xohamen- Dor
clw: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


The Mariner dashes out the nearest edge of the spells and spores. Then rounding to the south as lunacy kicks in, he charges in to hold the woman fast.

double move charge & grapple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


m human AC 17 Perception +12

acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

With the foul spores clutching at the back of his throat Pinkie tries to jump free of the cloud.


Pinkie jumps out of the cloud and lands in spikes.

Pinkie: Not sure you are aware, but acrobatics to jump is half distance without a 10’ start. However, jumping doesn’t limit how far you can move in total, just how much of it is airborne. You can still move after the jump if you want to clear the spore cloud, though you will hit more spikes.
Pinkie spike damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Pinkie is fatigued for 1 round and takes more constitution damage.
Pinkie con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Fearless tries to heal Brother Butterfly again, but can’t get the wand to activate. Practicing the better part of valor, Butterfly exits the inner cave and works to heal himself.

The Mariner hobbles clear of the spores, but steps right on some more spikes as he tries to get to the woman.

Mariner: a few things. 1-You have to charge in a straight line. 2-the stone spikes reduce movement through them by half, which prevents charging across them anyway. 3-you were already injured by the spikes, which reduced your movement further. A double move gets you out of the spores and to melee, but you hit two spike areas and you won’t be able to grapple this round.
Mariner spike damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

Calling upon his righteous path for redemption Cats pulls back hard on his bowstring and sinks an arrow deep into the earth-woman’s side. Her earthen body seems to sprout long thorns as she whirls about, sending her lightning orbs at Cats and the Mariner. She then raises an earth fist and a ball of fire appears above it, which she thrusts at the Mariner.

Cats Electrical Damage (Ref vs DC 18 negates): 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7 *-4 to save if wearing metal armor
Mariner Electrical Damage (Ref vs DC 18 negates): 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) = 10 *-4 to save if wearing metal armor

Produce Flame at Mariner vs Touch AC 14: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

The fire comes very close, but Brother Butterfly’s shielding spell on the Mariner prevents him from getting burned.

Pinkie and the Mariner: The spores take 2 successful saves to cure. Mariner is at 1/2. Pinkie is at 0/2.

INITIATIVE
Group Effects: Bless
Pinkie (29/29) *Aid +1 Temp HP, -4 Con, Staggered, Fort save required!
Fearless (28/28)
Brother Butterfly (15/35) *Shield other on Mariner
Mariner (27/53) *Shield other from BB, -2 Con, Fort and Ref save required!
Cats (31/31) *Shield of faith, Ref save required!

Woman -16


m human AC 17 Perception +12

i thought the fort save was 15 even with my -1 i made it


"Pinkie" wrote:

i thought the fort save was 15 even with my -1 i made it

You are correct. DC is 15 for the spores.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Seeing the wand being of little use to him, he looks down at the wand. Initially some force took over momentarily.

Could it have been one of the Shapeshifter's Gods?

He shakes his head no. No way. they is some sort of logical explanation to what is happening.

As he is deep in thought he hears a blood curdling scream come from the mariner once again. A pair of magical bolts springs from his mind at 'Witch'

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 18
Spells 1st 0/4
Inspiration 1/3
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 0/1


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 5, Init 21

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Reflex - Cats evades all damage.

"My Catrenrae's Light, let me cat this right," Cats says as he recognizes the full evil of the woman. Full Smite.

Cats fires twice at the woman again, 5' stepping closer.

1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 12 to hit; (+PBS,+minismite,-rapid,+bless)
1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10 damage.

1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 8 to hit; (+PBS,+minismite,-rapid,+bless)
1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11 damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17+3 (shield of fait) +2 (smite) = 22 (dex + leather)
HP: 31/31

[ dice]1d20+8+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 1/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

hey guys, is the wicked witch of rock and mud still there, or did she disappear back into the ground?
brother says, from the cave mouth entrance area, trying to be out of eyesight of where the witch should be. He hears the twang of bow strings, but not much else that he can define as melee combat with the woman. He tries to listen for more tactical replies from his companions. Pulling out the other heal wand and preparing to use it on his wounds if our enemy is battling inside.
delay/pause for other PC reactions, but he doesn't wait too long to use the store bought CLW wand. If GM feels I don't have one of those wands, I'll use a CMW potion that I bought.


OK I'll attempt grapple this round

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Huffing with pain and anger, the Mariner reaches for the woman with murderous hands.

rage, grapple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


m human AC 17 Perception +12

acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Pinkie tries to leap out of the spikes but a coughing fit hits him just as he takes off and he does not quite make the distance landing hard on the spikes.


Pinkie jumps again and lands on more spikes.

Pinkie spike damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Drawing upon his psychic energy again, Fearless blasts the woman with mind bullets. The Mariner tries to grab her, but stumbles and misses. The woman reacts, taking the opportunity to burn him with flames for the attempt.

AoO on Mariner - Produce Flame vs Touch AC 12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Fire Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Dodging clear of the lightning, Cats focuses on the righteous feeling of redemption and fires two arrows, but a little doubt creeps in and he hesitates, missing with both.

The Mariner’s injuries mount, and it is all Brother Butterfly can to do keep up with damage control. I would assume Butterfly has the new wand. I’m moving on to next round, but don’t forget to apply healing for this round.

Directing her lightning with one hand, the woman thrusts flames with the other at the Mariner, but he manages to avoid it again thanks to Brother Butterfly’s magical protection.

Cats Electrical Damage (Ref vs DC 18 negates): 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) = 7 *-4 to save if wearing metal armor
Mariner Electrical Damage (Ref vs DC 18 negates): 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 6) = 13 *-4 to save if wearing metal armor

Produce Flame at Mariner vs Touch AC 12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Fire Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Note: the woman seems to have sprouted long thorns, which may be difficult to avoid when making melee attacks against her.

INITIATIVE
Group Effects: Bless
Pinkie (26/33) *Aid, -2 Con
Fearless (28/28)
Mariner (18/53) *Shield other from BB, -2 Con, Ref save required!
Cats (31/31) *Shield of faith, Ref save required!
Brother Butterfly (6/35) *Shield other on Mariner, retroactive healing owed

Woman -24


m human AC 17 Perception +12

reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Red destiny,controlled rage,flank: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (4, 6) = 21
masterwork short sword,controlled rage,flank: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (4, 1) = 11

Finally seeing a good opening Pinkie closes on the woman and slices.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Retro Healing Wand
CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Hearing, more than seeing - OH. Maybe FEELING more than seeing that the combat is furious in the other room - his "tucked into the cave" escape might give him protection to use his healing to keep standing upright.

If he had hair, he'd feel it tingle from the electrical shocks The Mariner is experiencing. Maybe it's his hair folicles that start to quiver, but BB gets desperate and pulls his "in case of Emergency drink potion" out of his pouch and chugs it.
Drink Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 7) + 3 = 13

Feeling better- but knowing that the Hurt Locker is just around the corner.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"Get off of the damned spikes!" Fearless calls out as he sees this getting quickly out of control.

Use Tactician- Everyone gains the covering fire teamwork feat for 3 rounds.

Fearless raises his crossbow back up, ready to end this. Or at least give the Mariner a fighting chance to cleave the crazed woman in two.

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 18
Spells 1st 0/4
Inspiration 1/3
Tactician 0/1 (Rounds 2/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 0/1


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 5, Init 21

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Reflex - Cats fails to evade all damage.

Cats 5’ steps north, then fires twice again after the electricity surges into him.

1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 22 to hit; (+PBS,+minismite,-rapid,+bless)
1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 23 to hit; (+PBS,+minismite,-rapid,+bless)
1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 8 damage.

”Let Catrenrae take you!”

Will move on map when I get to computer.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17+3 (shield of fait) +2 (smite) = 22 (dex + leather)
HP: 24/31

[ dice]1d20+8+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 1/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.
Real Smite: 1/1.


Smoking from the flame bath and then seeing the thorns and horns sprout from the woman's body, the Mariner realizes she wasn't going to surrender. He gives up trying to catch the woman but cleave her instead.

rage, longsword,power attack,furious focus: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 28

dam 2 handed: 1d8 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 15

REF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Pinkie takes another spike to foot, but gives the woman a blade in the back as the Mariner cleaves into her shoulder. Then Cats finishes her off with two righteous arrows.

Combat Over.

The woman wears magical wooden armor and carried a masterwork spear. A pouch carries spell components, a scroll of lesser restoration, and a key.

The wooden worktable against the wall holds a wide selection of containers and vessels to aid in cooking all manner of concoctions. Jars and tins hold reagents and materials to produce poisons, drugs, and potions. A small tin pot sits cooling on the edge of table, and is flled with a nearly complete batch of id moss.

All of the equipment on the worktable is treated as an alchemist’s lab. The crate near the worktable holds 6 potions labeled cure light wounds, 3 potions of barkskin, 2 potions of hide from animals, 4 doses of belladonna, 6 doses of bloodroot, 10 doses of fayleaf, and 1 dose of malyass root paste.

A folded note sits on the table:

[i]Daridela,
We are in need of more of your dream-inducing brews, as well as more of that oil.
~Melisenn.

Status
Pinkie (26/33) *Aid, -2 Con
Fearless (28/28)
Mariner (11/53) *Shield other from BB, -2 Con
Cats (24/31) *Shield of faith
Brother Butterfly (20/35) *Shield other on Mariner


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

"Melisenn? Melisenn!?" Cats asks aloud after reading the note. "Haven't we been catting that name a lot?" Cats hands the note to Brother, assuming the man can read whereas the rest of the seamen and half-fingers and half-men might not.

"Melisenn. Melisenn. Melisenn. That's all we've been catting since we came to town."

He looks around for other loot, secreted or stored away, while others identify loots.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Returning to the room now that the coast is clear and the others are in loot the place mode.
Brother nods and gives an acknowledgement as Cats connects a major dot to our puzzle. The man named Melisenn.

You are dead on right Kast! Melisenn is the man of the hour. The Puppetmaster pulling strings now that Count Lowls is not here.

Does anyone know if the name Melisenn is a regional name? Maybe give us a hit as to where he came from? Same with this nutter-butter redhead named Daridela. Anyone know regional dialects or cultures that might tell us just based on their name? The girl is dead, so we can't ask her where she's from and why she's here.

With that, he channels energy to heal all those that are injured.
He will then use the scroll to get Pinkie's Con up.
channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8
Lessor Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 4

He also picks up two of the CLW potions and puts them in his pack.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Knowing - because he was an equal part of the pinata party - that Mariner is really beat up. He Channels energy again. and gives 3 charges of the CLW wand.

channel energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"How is it you all end up battered worse than a Worshipper of Zon-Kuthon with every crazy we meet?" Fearless stows his crossbow away. He quickly corrects brother Butterfly, just because it brings him immense pleasure. "Melisenn is a She for one. And two she is a trader in the High Market in town according to our pair of friends from the tavern last night that seemed to know us quite well. In fact that is probably who I had the vision (Link) of them reporting us to."

Keep in mind that we also have a wand of lesser restoration on the loot list with 6 charges on it.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Looking stunned at the revelation that HE is actually a SHE.
I'm Wrong? Inconceivable!
Are you certain Melisenn is a she? Have you met the enemy ringleader?

Still a bit shocked that his mental picture had a flaw in it, he dazedly listens to Fearless and pulls out the wand of Lesser Restoration and helps Pinkie with his issues. Being wrong AND listening to Fearless's advise. Something weird is happening.

wand: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats shrugs, not caring if Melisenn is a he or a she...they were probably a jerk nonetheless and dealing with some really mean people.

"Yeah, let's gather our stuff and get the cat out of here," Cats says.

He is ready to report back to the agency.


There is an unopened door to another chamber to the west.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Cast door sight
.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless peers over to Cats. "We ain't done here Cats. There might be more of them." he points a short, dirty finger at the door to the west.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats looks over at the door then back at the halfling.

"Oh yeah, I cat that now," Cats says, unaware of saying anything wrong. "Don't suppose you know what this armor is, do you, Fearless?" Cats points to the wooden armor that might be magical.

Once the armor is dealt with (or not), Cats moves over by the door and is ready to storm the place.


The door is made from warped and twisted driftwood. Brother Butterfly looks through it after a few minutes of concentration and sees a rounded cave twenty feet across at its widest. Inside is a scattered pallet of blankets, a wooden washbasin of clean water, and a sturdy chest.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

While brother Butterfly strokes his wooden door, Fearless investigates the magical armor that cats holds up.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

"Let me take a look. I think I got time with this one and his door fetish."


Not seeing any panic or perspiration on Brother, the Mariner pushes the door open and steps inside. Hopefully, no more granola girls.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Is Pinkie still playing? I thought he'd be all over this.

Once the room is considered safe, Cats pads into the room to slowly and carefully examine the chest after checking out the room

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Perception - room

Take 20 Perception: = 29. - chest

If the chest needs disabling or unlocking, Cats will pull out his masterwork tools and try to jimmy it open.

1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26 Disable Device


m human AC 17 Perception +12

sorry guys started a new job this week and getting use to the new hours is kicking my ass ill be back up posting tonight


The only object if real interest in the room is the chest. Cats looks to Pinkie to check it, but the young man seems occupied with an internal conversation with himself about whose job it is to do what. Checking the chest himself Cats discovers a hidden spring-loaded needle right near the latch, but also an odd rivet along the edge that disables the trap when pressed.

The chest has compartments that seem designed for holding many of the items Daridela currently kept on her worktable. Now it holds a change of clothes, a clay jar filled with white-spotted red-capped mushrooms, and a couple pouches filled with coins (1694gp).

Meanwhile, Fearless finds that Daridela’s armor is +2 wooden armor.

Mushrooms - Knowledge Nature DC 15:

Those are Muscaria mushrooms. They produce hallucinogenic states and have been used by shamans and spiritual leaders to enter trances and seek flashes of insight.
Type: ingested; Addiction: minor (Fort DC 14)
Price 15gp
Onset 30 minutes
Duration 3 hours
Effects +1d6 alchemical bonus on a single knowledge, perception, or sense motive check (1/minute for duration)
Damage 1d4 Charisma


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Fearless peers into the jar. "These are Muscaria Mushrooms. Can be a little addictive but insanely expensive as they open your mind up to new experiences and flashes of insight." He stuffs the jar away in his pack. "They usually sell for 15 gold each!"

He half contemplates saving a few for later. Once he is done he taps his fingers across the wooden armor. "You were right Cats. This is indeed magical." +2 Wooden Armor


"Fifteen gold for mushrooms?" the Mariner frowns at the fungi, "I'd rather eat the gold." Opening the pouch and seeing all the coins, "Whoa, she was one good beggar". He bags the items and heads to the cave mouth.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

The armor should probably go to Pinkie as he's in combat more.

Casts smiles happily as he avoids the trap and opens the chest. He is surprised by the fungal contents, but is happy with the gold.

"Alright cats, is that it? We done here?" Cats asks, looking around. [b]"Let's get back in the dinghy and get to town.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Observing all the interactions, Jasper leans against the wall of the room seeing the riches and loot being discovered. His eyes don't betray his lust for the hefty gold reward in the chest, or the fact that simple mushrooms might be sold for 15 gold each!

He just mentally notes where everything is, and follows along when Cats decides to wrap things up and go back to the Sleepless Agency to report the findings and our latest kill.

Well, it's good that we found some writings to show that mature enchantress at the Sleepless Agency. Hopefully with a bit of tangible proof, she will start to believe in us and share more of what she knows.
Taking a moment, he wants to reinforce how good everyone did in that fight.
Great work once again Watchmen! Everyone was an integral part of taking care of that wayward treehugger. Which reminds me, It might be good for me to sketch this drawing for when we talk with that cute minx.

BB takes a few minutes to draw the symbol and make notes of the religious significance.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless shrugs and tosses the wooden planks to Pinkie. "All yours!" He begins to make his way out of the cave and back to the tavern for the night. "Look at us. Cleaning up the town...." He stops midstride and looks back at Brother Butterfly. "...Don't go giving all this gold away!"


Packing up items and collecting evidence from Daridela’s grotto, the Watchmen load it up in their boat and row back to Thrushmoor. Arriving mid-afternoon, there is still plenty of time to check in at the Sleepless Agency.

A swarthy man with a goatee answers the door, and though you have not met him before he seems to know every member of the Watchmen. He promptly escorts the group to Cesadia, who stands from her desk and tugs the wrinkles out of her vest.

”Thank you Allard.” She nods to the man, who gives a curt nod in reply and takes up position by the door. Turning to the Watchmen, Cesadia says, ”I see evidence of... shall we say, excitement? The look of scorched clothes, the smell of ozone, fresh scars. A certain fatigue, yet a gleam of victory in your eyes. My guess would be the grotto bore fruit of unusual variety. Tell me, what did you find?”


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"Just some crazed tree hugging granola that thought the cave was hers." Fearless waves his hand as f it was no big deal. His stomach rumbles loudly. "You have any food around here? Snacks perhaps?" His plump fingers begin digging through drawers looking for a snack drawer. Everyone has a snack drawer. Right?

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Seeing Allard, BB thinks to himself, " So, Cesadia likes men with facial hair. If that is the case, she probably is really going crazy over my amazing mustache.

I can almost see it in her eyes, and when she gave Allard that nod -- Was it really a nod to me?"

Then... she uses all those suggestive words like: EXCITEMENT. FATIGUE. BEARING FRUIT.
Yes, this fine and mature lady is certainly "Hot for Priesthood".

But, she's not going to come out and declare her lust for me in this environment. Not with the Other Watchmen and her employees around. She needs to portray the responsible business lady....... but I am picking up on all the clues you are dropping for me you sweet little vixen.

Brother Butterfly pulls out the picture of the spiraled symbol of some long lost God. Then - showing that he is generous with the stage of attention - he gives some talk time to the others.

Kast, do you mind sharing in your own words the tree hugging red dreadlocked hag we found in the caves?
Fearless - do you mind showing her the holy symbol we found at the Stain? And mentioning the name of who is the leader of this angst against Thrushmoor?

2,951 to 3,000 of 5,794 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.