DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


2,801 to 2,850 of 5,880 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

"Back! Back! Move to shore, let it come on land." the Mariner keeps his head low and readies the lucerne hammer.

Total Def, AC22


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie moves back and readies himself for when the thing get to shore.


Brother Butterfly blesses the Watchmen as they prepare to fight the many-mouthed horror.

Developing more control over his psychic powers, Fearless focuses his energy and blasts the creature again.

Undeterred, the thing swims to the shore, emerging next to the Mariner and spitting goo in his face. Meanwhile, the rest of its mouths continue their confusing babble.

Ranged vs Mariner Touch AC 16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Fort Save vs DC 18 or be blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds.
Mariner also needs to make another Will save vs DC 13 for confusion. Once you make the save you don’t need to worry about it again for 24 hours.

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly (35/35)
The Mariner (52/57)
Pinkie (37/37)
Fearless (28/28)
Cats (31/31)

$@&!? -20

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Desna, Let me swing swift and true. Well... as swift as my mace arm can normally strike. I am not very good at this fighting stuff. And I don't want to personally ask for things that I can't really do.

Come to think of it, I'd really like to be faster, but right now, smashing this thing in one of it's many mouths is more important. You know what I need Desna. Let whatever blessing you feel is worthy -- happen. Thank you from your humble servant.
BB casts a very awkward True Strike prayer. Maybe the Gibbering Mouther is having a side effect on him.

BB pulls out his mace and moves to position to attack next round. Trying to offer flank.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

AOO power attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
dam: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

STANDARD power attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
dam: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

The Mariner puts his back to the wall and waits until the right moment. When the writhing mass emerges, he takes advantage of the charge with a thrust then steps aside and swings the new polearm at full strength.

-Posted with Wayfinder

negate second if no AOO


Mariner, you can’t make AoOs while using Total Defense. Also, you can’t attack adjacent targets with a reach weapon, so you’ll need to switch to longsword or move far enough away to put it at reach for your polearm (which will likely provoke an AoO from it).


Ah ok, Total Def was last round, I thought the gibller came through 10' AOO range then attacked. I'll stick with the polearm and take the AOO from moving aside.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 3, Init 11

Cats steps out and fires twice at the oozy thing with teeth and spit.

1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15 to hit; (+PBS)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 damage.

1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16 to hit; (+PBS)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17 (dex + leather)
HP: 31/31

[ dice]1d20+8+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless leaps to the side, placing his back against the building as he draws his crossbow, firing a single potshot at the gibbering beast, trying to protect Mariner.

Covering Fire on Mariner vs AC 10; PBS; Precise shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17

+4 to Mariner AC vs Mouther

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 18 (22- covering fire) +4 vs Mouther
Spells 1st 2/4
Inspiration 3/3
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 0/1


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie moves in shouting at Brother B

"Brother we've told you to stay out of reach of things!

fight defensively new AC 22 with controlled rage

controlled rage,Red Destiny: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Brother Butterfly prays for Desna to guide his mace and advances on the monster.

AoO vs Mariner AC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The Mariner backs away to use his polearm, earning himself a bite before he lands a solid blow with his weapon splatters chunks of teeth and eyeballs everywhere.

Pinkie advances as Cats fires two arrows, but neither pierces the thing’s tough exterior. Fearless takes a shot as well, skimming close to a set of eyes that briefly turn his way.

With a gurgling sound one of the mouths hocks a loogie at Pinkie while the others snap and tear into the Mariner. One set latches on tight to his leg and doesn’t let go.

Spit at Pinkie vs Touch AC 19: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Fort Save vs DC 18 or be blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

Bite vs Mariner AC 22: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bite vs Mariner AC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Bite vs Mariner AC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Bite vs Mariner AC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bite vs Mariner AC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bite vs Mariner AC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Grab vs Mariner CMD 19: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly (35/35)
The Mariner (27/57) Grappled - cannot take actions requiring 2 hands.
Pinkie (37/37)
Fearless (28/28)
Cats (31/31)

$@&!? -42


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless reloads his crossbow just as another seagull jerks from the air and bops into the mass of mouths.

Telekinetic Projectile; PBS; Precise: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 18 (22- covering fire) +4 vs Mouther
Spells 1st 2/4
Inspiration 3/3
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 0/1


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 4, Init 11

Cats steps and fires twice at the oozy thing with teeth and spit.

1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14 to hit; (+PBS)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13 to hit; (+PBS)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 damage.

Sweet, with my last 4 d2O rolls, I have a good shot at a straight.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17 (dex + leather)
HP: 31/31

[ dice]1d20+8+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The chatter of snapping mouths and eyes panics the Mariner to the breaking point point, "AARRGHHH!!! SEAGULLS POKING AT MY COCONUT!!!" He drops the polearm and tries to bicep break out of the maw.

CMB: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


m human AC 17 Perception +12

fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

As the creatures spittle comes at him Pinkie reflexively brings his hands up to his face inadvertently crossing his swords in front of his eyes which blocks the goo from hitting its mark.

controlled rage,fighting defensively,Red Destiny: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
controlled rage,fighting defensively,: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

AC 22 touch 19

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Damn it THING! Let go of my Muscle! He's my GOON and you can't hurt him!

With that Brother Butterfly uses his mace with great accuracy and a decent amount of damage.
true strike bless magic weapon : 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 20 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 27
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


m human AC 17 Perception +12

sorry that second attack should have been at +5 i copied and pasted and forgot to change the + to hit


Brother Butterfly completely misses, throwing him way off balance and spinning him around, but Desna’s luck is with him and his mace takes the thing solidly on the backswing.

Displaying his crazy old man strength again, the Mariner rips free from the creature, taking a few teeth with him.

Pinkie lunges at the thing, stabbing with his swords. One sinks in and finds something vital within that causes the creature to shudder and collapse. A dozen mouths groan and a hundred eye roll as it slowly bleeds out on the shore.

Cats can save his arrows. Combat over.

Beneath the pier where the rusted bucket sits is a wrapped bundle that contains a scroll of protection from energy, a potion, a wand, and a small wooden box with 120 gp, 6 pp, a small silver icon shaped like a shield set with a miniature sword, and a small scrimshaw engraved with the word “Devon.”

Potion - Spellcraft DC 18:
Potion of nondetection

Wand - Spellcraft DC 17:
Wand of death knell (18 charges)

Pinkie:

The sight of the wooden case sparks a memory...

You are on the pier at night, the wooden box illuminated in the light of a lantern held by a middle-aged man with a dropping mustache.
”What about the Terror of Pier 19?” You ask.
”We’re safe.” Uncle Evan says. ”It’s only around here during the day. Hunts out in the bay at night.”
He drops some coins in the box, adding to an existing pile.
”Put in that holy symbol too. Kast already thinks you’ve stolen it and you can’t afford to lose too many more fingers.”
”How much more do we need before we can leave?” You ask, dropping the silver shield icon into the box.
”Just a little more.” Evan grumbles.
”That’s what you always say.”
Evan wraps the box into a bundle and stows it under the pier.
”Devon!” A voice calls, and you turn to see Keldren waving from the shore.
”Go.” Uncle Evan pats your shoulder. ”If it’s payday he might have some extra coin.”
”He’s my friend.”
”Friends are expensive, and we can’t afford them...”


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats saves his arrows. Why would he shoot when the combat is over? He doesn't. Because he doesn't want to waste his arrows, you see?

He waits for others to examine and explain the interesting things they found, while not wasting any more arrows. Because he wouldn't.

He keeps watch though, looking up and down the coast for trouble while the party searches.

"Do you guys think that was the monster? Or maybe there is another one around here?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie Quickly picks the stuff up and shoves in back into the bucket then thinking about it he pulls the silver icon back out and tosses it to Cats.

"Hey keep your grubby hands off my stuff. Well except this. I guess I had to prove I could get something off ya."

Pinkie takes a long look at the items in the bucket.

"It don't look like much but we were gonna get outa here one day when we had enough."

After a long pause Pinkie pulls his eye out and starts rolling it across his knuckles and threw teary eyes says in a quiet voice "Ok lets get going we got stuff to do"


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats catches the silver icon and looks at it as if he's never seen it before.

"What the piddlespot is this?" Cats takes a better look at the icon.

Does Cats recognize the icon after examining it more?


A Knowledge Religion check is required to identify the icon.

Icon - Knowledge Religion DC 15:

This is an old holy symbol of Iomedae once carried by holy knights of Ozem. The shield represents Aroden, to whom she was a herald at the time.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Potion DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Wand DC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Knowledge Religion DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Fearless quickly recognize the equipment Pinkie tosses into the bucket and cringes back. "That's some nasty stuff there Pinkie. Careful with that wand. it could mean death." Death Kneel wand and Potion of nondetection

The silver piece being tossed through the air catches his eye. "Iomedae and the Holy Knights of Ozem?"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Hmmmm. Ahhhh... Hmmmm.
That's about all he can say right now as he is very confused at the loot we just found. Was it the Gibbering monster's treasure? Did it kill one of Pinkie's/Devon's relatives and that's where the Devon carved whalebone came from?
Did Devon - pre-amnesthia - store this here?
The three people that died were killed a long time ago (1 year?). This monster COULDN'T have been stalking the Pier the whole time.

All these are fiddling around his brain. But, not used to being silent, he speaks up about stuff he DOES know about -- him always being right!
See my dear friends! As I said. "No sleeping in the streets for us"- EVER. I strategically dispense 60 or 70 gold for future good will and BAM we get 120 gold and half again it's value in platinum.

He holds this smug -"I am the baddest of bad asses and wise as Irori to boot"- look on his face and body pose. He pauses and waits for the adoration of his wisdom and future-sight to come from his peers..................

After awkwardly not getting any atta-boy's or "good job BB"'s, he sputters and asks to see the icon.
knowledge religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

yippee- another chance to be a know-it all!

Yes Fearless - in fact, it's not used anymore as Iomedae in her most current doctrine has taken on the symbol of a Long Sword. This is a reach back to when Aroden was alive and she was actually his Herald! With Aroden's disappearance -She has claimed her own domains like Glory, Good, Law and The Sun. She has a large following in her own right.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

"Catmodae? Why would I want that?" Cats asks, examining the icon. "That seems weird. I think I follow Catrenrae now. Why...why...would I have this?" Cats shrugs and puts the icon in his pouch.

It might be that he stole the icon from someone and he needs to give it back to earn redemption...which is probably what Sarenrae would want. Probably. To make amends. Cats was going to make amends.

"Well, now that that was done, maybe we should go talk to that catvestigation thing? Maybe we'll find more answers there." Also, this (link).

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

"Yes, let us go to The Sleepless Agency. Best to arrive during the day. We have one of their "calling cards" to start the conversation."

As everyone gets ready. BB spends a few charges to restore Mariners plasma and platelet levels.
cure light wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

cure wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9cure wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


The Sleepless Agency resides in a large wooden building. The place is dark and quiet, and it takes more than one knock upon the door to receive an answer. When a blonde half-elf woman in a plain grey dress finally answers the door she attempts a civil greeting but wears a sour look on her face. ”Good day. How can we help you?”

Sense Motive DC 13:
The woman gives Fearless a particularly nasty glance.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 1 = 18
"It is a pleasure to meet you. We are The Watchmen. Here to help Thrushmoor, just like we helped save Briarstone and it's staff and patients. Being an investigative company, I am certain you have already heard all those details.
"

He takes a pause to see how that sinks in. Then he takes a direct approach.
"but, your concern is more about already knowing a few of us. Fearless in particular."
"I hand you this calling card- that was given to Dr. Losandro - and ask for a clean slate.
We don't remember our pasts, but are working for redemption."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Fearless scowls. "Also why you sent them Accusers to investigate us." He points to the woman as if he is helping in any way.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Sense Motive

Cats nods affirmatively when Brother mentions 'redemption', because that's what Cats is totally after. Learning what he did, then fixing it if he can. He can never fix Pinkie's fingers, but he can make up for it.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Diplomacy to aid Brother Catterfly

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

BB Continues to the woman.
Yes, Redemption. Kast
and he points to Kast - trying to mellow the Fearless /-Sleepless tension by demanding the attention of the conversation to shift.

Kast is good at discussing our redemption.
Giving Cats a cue to talk more.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats declines to discuss any further as he doesn't yet trust this agency. He looks to see if others have any words, but then waits the reply.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Brother Butterfly said.

All these are fiddling around his brain. But, not used to being silent, he speaks up about stuff he DOES know about -- him always being right!
See my dear friends! As I said. "No sleeping in the streets for us"- EVER. I strategically dispense 60 or 70 gold for future good will and BAM we get 120 gold and half again it's value in platinum.

Pinkie looks at Brother Butterfly
"Um this stuff isn't ours its mine. My Uncle and I hid it here. I its what we were saving to help us move away from here. The silver thing was Kasts. I took it from him to prove i could without him knowing."

sorry for the late post but was camping

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Okay Pinkie. Part of me is sorry that you never got the opportunity to leave this city on your own recognizance.
The other part of me is glad that you were sequestered- lost all your memories and have committed yourself to a team that will blaze trails of righteousness from here to three cities ordained for disaster.

he points to the stuff that was "his" .
This road would have led to your Uncle and yourself being a pox on society. The alternative road that we are on will lead to something EPIC.
Don't shed any tears on the road not taken.


sorry, unexpected crazy days

Quote:
The three people that died were killed a long time ago (1 year?). This monster COULDN'T have been stalking the Pier the whole time.

As if reading Brother's mind, the Mariner kicks the bits of the mutated monster away, "I think this was the three people that died. Looks like a party in there."

***

The Mariner stands muted in the back of the group as they put on yet another impromptu stage play for the unexpecting. He frowns at the sign, Sleepless, reminding him of the Tatterman.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Though obviously suspicious the woman allows the group inside and directs you to wait in a comfortable lobby while she disappears into the back of the building. After a brief wait a pale woman with short reddish-brown arrives and introduces herself. ”I am Cesadia Wrentz. Lady Winter told me to expect you. If you would come this way.”

She invites you into a back office, where she settles into a large wingback chair, takes a moment to adjust her coat, and appraise the Watchmen. Though approaching middle age, Cesadia is tall and fit and dresses in a fashion befitting a merchant then an adventurer.

”You must forgive my assistant Meg if she was a bit terse. There was an exchange of words in the past that very nearly led to violence, and she is not the trusting sort. Few in the Sleepless Agency are.”

Perception DC 20:
Cesadia is armed. You notice the hilt of a dagger up her sleeve and the shape of a small crossbow under her coat.

Image of Cesadia Wrentz added to visual guide.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

"Nice to meet you," Cats offers a closed fist for a Lastwall fist bump as a measure of greeting. "I'm Cats. Cats Phaer," Kast introduces himself and feels that there is something wrong but can't put his finger on it.

"And do you know my companions. That's Brother Catterfly, and that's Catiner, and Anagram, and that's Pinkie," Cats points out the members in turn.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Perception

"What do you know about Lady Winter? She seems very capable," Cats asks taking a chair so that he might gently rock within it.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother Butterfly's eyes are drawn to the very nice high backed chair. That chair was built for good sitting!
His eyes linger for longer than they should and considering the head lady is sitting in that line of sight, his covetous looks might be misunderstood.
He breaks his stare and takes a seat in one of the "normal" chairs.
"Meg really shouldn't be the one to apologize. We are actually here to do some of the apologizing. From what we have pieced together, the five of us were assgoles . Furthermore, we were employed by someone important and did his dirtywork. "
He has more to say, but pauses for her reaction and the voice of others to chime in.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

"And does she normally come that well equipped?" Fearless gestures to the woman's many hidden weapons making the more than obvious to the others as he points to them. "The dagger and crossbow?"

Do most around here carry weapons? I mean if I was in this town i would be stashing weapons all over as well.


"Fearless" wrote:

"And does she normally come that well equipped?" Fearless gestures to the woman's many hidden weapons making the more than obvious to the others as he points to them. "The dagger and crossbow?"

Do most around here carry weapons? I mean if I was in this town i would be stashing weapons all over as well.

Cesadia raises an eyebrow. ”Funny question coming from you lot.”

Around “here” Cesadia is probably carrying the least number of weapons. Outside in the city though people in general do not carry more than a fishing knife.

To Cats she shrugs. ”What I know of Lady Winter can hardly be more than you know yourself. You have spent more time in her company then I.”

To Brother Butterfly she gives a tight smile. ”I don’t recall offering an apology for Meg. She is rightly cross with Adalgrim. He interfered with an investigation and tampered with a witness to gain leverage over a book merchant.”

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

in case she is trying to sense motive on me. I'm also picturing Cesadia as a Nicole Kidman like character. Right?

Thinking to himself, All right! a tough nut to crack! This is going to be fun. This lady is both hot, mature, and knows her furniture. I'm going to have some fun breaking her down and getting her to like me.

First, I want to hear her smack down the other two and give more information about what she knows about Mariner and Pinkie.

He listens more. only saying the words. With a serious face.
obstruction of justice.

GM, anything on that sense motive- other than she don't like us?


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7
DM Rah wrote:
”I don’t recall offering an apology for Meg. She is rightly cross with Adalgrim. He interfered with an investigation and tampered with a witness to gain leverage over a book merchant.”

Cats looks at Fearless, somewhat impressed. I didn't know he had it in him. Good for him. Wait, no. Bad for him. We need to redeem ourselves.

Cats stops his rocking long enough to lean forward to ask a question.

"Ms. Cesadia, like we told Meg, we're trying to earn our redemption. I know I have done wrong," Cats' eyes flicker to Pinkie then back to Cesadia. "So...if you can tell us what you know about us and what we done did, we'll try to fix it. Cat tooting, we will try to fix it."

Cats pauses, ponders.

"We don't remember what we did, but we're different people now. Reborn in Briarstone. All of us. Help us make things right."


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"What investigation would I possibly have interfered with?" Fearless asks as he is perplexed. "How does one 'tamper'a witness? Was I feeding him what to say or something?" he makes physical air quotes with his hands as he keeps an eye on that hidden dagger.

Though he can't remember it he must have done it as books definitely interest him.


Butterfly:

Cesadia doesn’t trust the Watchmen, though it seems she may be starting to believe your story of amnesia. It seems to you that she cannot handle the problems of Thrushmoor on her own and is hesitant to join forces with your group just yet.

”Redemption?” Cesadia asks rhetorically. ”Count Lowls exploited Thrushmoor for years. Large unpaid debts, constant neglect, and a handful of thugs to do his dirty work when anyone took issue or crossed him.”

To Fearless, she says, ”The merchant you interfered with was one. He owned a rare book that the count wanted to buy. Lowls could not afford to pay the asking price, and the merchant would not extend him credit. When the book went missing the merchant came to the Sleepless Agency for help. We found a maid who claimed to have let a stranger into the merchant’s house, but she changed her story after a visit from a certain halfling in the count’s employ and implicated the merchant himself in a plot to extort the count.”

Cesadia takes a deep breath, weighing her thoughts. ”There are many that you may owe personal debts to, but there are bigger issues at stake. Despite your deeds in Briarstone Asylum, and your promise to make amends for past misdeeds, I am hesitant to offer you the full support of the Sleepless Agency. Were you in my position I’m sure you would view your story carefully and consider all angles. Yes, you may have rescued those in Briarstone from a terrible living nightmare, but for all I know you brought that nightmare upon the Asylum yourselves. I have also heard that you have made amends with Dena at the Silver Wagon and chased off that lunatic Elgrior, but he has been scared away before and always returns, so do not be surprised if he starts doomsaying around her door again before long.”

Sitting back in the shadow of her chair, Cesadia steeples her fingers. ”However, I must admit that my resources are limited. As you may have learned, the leadership in town has collapsed and it seems I am the only one with any intent to address the problems that plague Thrushmoor. Yet, the Agency is not the city watch, or Royal Accusers. We are best suited to solving mysteries and there are plenty abound in Thrushmoor these days.”

”If you really want to help, then let us start with a small, but growing problem. People are going missing and a rumor is spreading terror in Thrushmoor.”

”The rumor can be traced back to a local fisherman named Toli Remsatter. A couple weeks ago a storm forced him to anchor for the night about a mile north of town. After the storm broke he noticed a glowing light in a small cave along the shore. Caught up in the fear sown by Elgrior’s mad ramblings, Toli began to suspect that the light he saw meant the Briarstone Witch had returned to once again take everyone in Thrushmoor into the bay. He recounted this theory over drinks and cards at the Stain, spreading the fear to other patrons and now a growing panic is building over suspected kidnappings in town. Superstitions and old tales have climbed into the forefront of the townsfolk’s minds, and fearing another Thrushmoor Vanishing, many of the locals have begun speaking the name Ariadnah in hushed tones.”

”I, however, am not partial to local superstition. There must be a more reasonable explanation. My agents have noted a number of newcomers to town and I suspect cult activity is to blame for the missing persons, but I have no proof yet. This sighting outside of town is the only tangible evidence that could potentially link the Briarstone Witch to current events, or remove her as the culprit.”


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Sense Motive

Cats continues to slowly rock in his chair as Cesadia speaks, weighing each word. He whistles appreciatively as Fearless' crimes are explained, adding some nodding to his rocking before remembering that he's not a crook and should be looking for avenues towards redemption rather than celebrating acts of turpitude.

"So, we should go find Toli Remcatter, huh?" Cats shrugs, looking at the party. "I think we can do that...and go from there." Cats looks to his companion to see if they agree.

"Where might we find Toli? Where does he cat out?"


”At this time of day I would guess that Toli is out fishing. If you want to interview him yourselves you will have to wait until he returns. Most nights he drinks at the Stain. However, my agents have already spoken with him and have gleaned the location of the cave where he claims to have seen this light. It is within a small grotto used at times by smugglers, hunters, and addicts over the years, and as such it is relatively unknown to most of Thrushmoor’s citizens.”

Cesadia rises from her chair and recovers a map from a small, but well-crafted cherrywood desk. Comparing it with yours, she marks the spot of the grotto. It is accessible by land, requiring a hike along rocky shoreline and a descent from cliffs, or more easily by water, which will require a boat.

Cats:

Cesadia doesn’t trust the Watchmen, though it seems she may be starting to believe your story of amnesia. It seems to you that she cannot handle the problems of Thrushmoor on her own and is hesitant to join forces with your group just yet. While chasing these rumors might be a wild goose chase, she believes it is important, and is offering it as a sort of test of your commitment.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless listens to his crimes and can do little but shrug as he really can't deny them. "That was me then. I am different now. I think? More helpful." He smiles. "To those that I trust." The thought of the crimes doesn't really shake him. He had seen and heard far worse in the last few days than something this petty.

The halfling nods to Cats. "Yea, let's go check out this light in the cave."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Inside his mind:
A Grotto? A Light in a cave? That has Meg all spooked is probably some drug addicts - just like Cesadia said. This "quest" is just them yanking our chain. This is just going to be like a pig wrestling contest, something to entertain them and get US dirty.

But, what shows on BB's face is delight at the information and agreement. Especially since Cats and Fearless already agreed to it before BB could tactfully put the kabosh on.
We accept the opportunity to prove that The Watchmen are here to protect Thrushmoor.
Gentlemen, let's go smash ourselves a Briarstone Witch.... or drug addict.

He just couldn't help but be a bit sarcastic with the last part, but his gung-ho for the adventure smile is still on his face.

gm:

Rah - I actually prepped the following interaction with Cesadia and wanted to wait for Louie and Sam to post so I didn't hog all the posting - especially since this diatribe is really long.
But, the story is already progressing past this - so I am sending to you. Maybe we Cesadia and I talk privately.
Game On:

With his mustache perfectly curled - His head perfectly shaved- Jasper's a man in control.

Sitting in front of him is Cesadia. He sits in a normal chair and she sits in the captain’s chair. Oh, how the seating arrangements will shift. Just give him time and words.
He smiles at that thought.

Time for him to turn on the wit and the charm. Before him is a smart, mature and capable woman who knows how to handle herself. Cesadia Wrentz is his biggest challenge yet.

So he starts to speak :

You have no doubt established a prestigious and robust investigative firm because you are highly suspicious and adeptly observant.

Then with a tone of exaggeration he begins.
So, when five never-do-wells show up and tell people that they have lost ALL of their memories and would like a chance at redemption, the klaxon warnings of disbelief go off in your brain.
To which I say, good for you. You SHOULD be wary. You don’t just believe stories. You are a woman that focuses in on facts. So, I will tell you all the facts.

The first fact: We are new. New people that want to do good. We are here to help.

Next fact: We saved a lot of people on Briarstone Island.

A not-so known fact: About 3 weeks ago, You met with a Royal Accuser. We don’t know what was said, but after that meeting, that Accuser delegated Lady Winter to travel to Briarstone Island in search of the five of us.

Now a fun fact: Lady Winter went to investigate the island with the primary purpose of arresting us. In a strange turn of events, Lady Winter instead raves about our abilities, cites our lack of memories, and champions us on how The Watchmen saved the day!

BB takes a dramatic pause to let the irony of the Lady Winters quest sink in.
He’s rolling now, so he gives a smile and wink and speaks directly at Cesadia.
That's a pretty dramatic change of heart don't you think? Winter Lady arrives at the island HUNTING for us and 5 days later, she thinks that we (pointing to the five of us) are the best thing since sliced bread.
You HAD TO BE CYNICAL of THAT story. I bet anything you tested Lady Winter for charm spells or something odd and mystical.

But her endorsement of us passed all of your tests, and so I mark that in “the fact column”.

An Adalgrim fact: Is that all five of us owe you an apology.
He turns toward Meg.
On behalf of the Watchman - we apologize to you for the actions of our old selves. We obviously obstructed Justice.
In our defense, we have only learned about it upon arriving in this room- and none of us remember these events, but it doesn’t take a genius to see what eventually happened. We owe everyone in this room an apology because……………
The book Merchant that we strong-armed gave our old boss a book. A very evil book that caused a lot of deaths on Briarstone island.

He bows his head on a moment of silence.
For that, we are all so sorry.

Now my final fact: The new us- The Watchmen. We are Heroes. We are powerful Heroes. And the City of Thrushmoor needs heroes right now.
He stands there with open palms
We are nearly all that this city has. It and you can’t afford to turn us away. Evil is afoot.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie watches and listens as the group has their conversation not needing to speak up himself untill just before they are about to leave.

"Did you happen to investigate us?"

2,801 to 2,850 of 5,880 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.