GM Dak - Second Darkness

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shadow in the Sky
Part 3: Hidden Enemies and Unexpected Allies

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Moonday, 1st of Calistril, 4709
Current Day: Sunday, 22nd of Calistril, 4709


51 to 100 of 1,281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra looks at the gamblers losing money with fascination.

These fools... don't they know the house always wins?

She shakes her head and keeps watching.


Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1

This is why Stitches has pulled out. He needs the last bits of cash to last.

Stitches will vacate the gambling table he has and move to the side of the casino, hoping to have a good show before he leaves.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Assuming the girls agree to dance with her:
Perform (dance): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

The dance was done to a rather slow and languorous and allowed her to do something sensuous. Her performance could have been better, she wasn't familiar with her co dancers...yet, and it made an impact as they flinched away from her more forward touches. When all was said and done she hoped she succeeded, she was more than willing to go through with being a part of the pot for the night, but it didn't mean she was going to make it easy for them.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

@ Stitches and Valai Please make a Perception check
@ Nessa and Zoja Please make a Sense Motive check

All eyes on cards, games, or dancers...


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Female Elf Illusionist 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex.); Senses Low-light vision; Perception +3; AC 11 (+1 Dex.); hp 8; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20. Yay for Elvish Keen Senses...


Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Sound Striker) 1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

GM: FYI I a totally cool with you rolling perception checks for me. This generally speeds up forum games.

Alternately, you could put perception information in spoilers, like this:

Perception DC 15:
You notice Khavakra picking her nose under her mask when she thinks no one is watching.

Either method reduces turnaround time.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

As the girls dance, all of you notice a thin Chelish man "bump" into a serving girl as he stands suddenly. "How clumsy of me." You hear him say. Nessa and Khavakra catch his companion, the woman with the eye patch, shut her eyes, along with four other brutish characters who had not been watching the tiefling's performance or actively gambling.

The man, Angvar, whips out a scroll and rattles off a spell.

Roll me Will saves all, and Spellcraft if you are so inclined.


Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1

Oh a scroll, I wonder what- Stitches starts to think, but alarm startles him into action.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Stop! Magic is against the rules!" Khavakra shouts, hopefully loud enough to alert the other bouncers.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Nessa cried out in anger when the scroll was whipped out and the spell cast. How DARE he! she thought. She looked right at him and was about to start yelling when the spell went off.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Bard (Sound Striker) 1

Zoja takes another sip of her drink and scans the card tables, looking for one that seems to have nobody at it who seems to really know what they're doing.


Female Elf Illusionist 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex.); Senses Low-light vision; Perception +3; AC 11 (+1 Dex.); hp 8; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3

Will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. An inauspicious start...
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Nessa and Valai, you are blinded for Blindness: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 rounds.

Valai, Nessa, Stitches, you recognize the spell pyrotechnics.

One of the braziers explodes in a bright flash of light, blinding most in the hall. The eye-patched woman stands up and shouts: "Alright, folks, drop to the floor! Do anything else, you die!"

Initiative Order:
Nessa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Valai: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Stitches: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Khavakra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Zoja: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Angvar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Thuvalia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Thugs: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Could you put the link to the Roll 20 map in the campaign description, or in the stat line under your Avatar name, so it is easy to find?


Female Elf Illusionist 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex.); Senses Low-light vision; Perception +3; AC 11 (+1 Dex.); hp 8; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3

"I can't see!" Valai hisses. "Anyone? Anyone at all?"
The Elf gropes about blindly.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

I think I pretty much go last. Who is up next?


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

I'm after the thugs but I guess I can do my action as I have very little that I can do being blinded.

Nessa realized what the spell was just a moment too late and was blinded by the sudden flare of light. She began to curse and rant in the same foul sounding language she'd used before and dropped to her knees while she tried to get her sight back. She was sooo going to make someone pay for this.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft
Khavakra wrote:
I think I pretty much go last. Who is up next?

I think Valai was the only one to go before the thugs, and It looks like she is doing nothing for her action. So I think the Thugs are up, followed by Thuvalia. And since Nessa has posted already, Angvar can also go after those.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

The thugs begin to move about, going for those who either have noticeable jewelry or higher quality items. The two ringleaders stay by their table, overseeing the heist.

Zoja, Stitches, and Khavakra, you are not blinded. What do you do?


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

It's a little hard to tell who is who on the map. Is the figure in the green cloak the woman with the eyepatch? I'm going ahead assuming that is the case.

Kavakhra glances over at Larur for a moment, and gives him the nod.

She turns back to the woman with the eyepatch.

"These things are not yours. And we do not tolerate robbery in this house."

Kavakhra pulls out a strange device that looks like a grain thresher, but with an extra link and bar. She steps south towards the closest robber and begins swinging!

Move action to draw my Sansetsukon, then 5' step and attack the guy to the south. Fighting defensively. AC is now 19 because the weapon has the blocking property.

Sansetsukon -4 fighting defensively: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 4 = 7 ... miss.

She swings the bars but the robber ducks under the blow.


Male Ratfolk Alchemist 1

Stitches pops a vial out of his pocket and downs it, letting the magic flow through him. He moves around the table to stand next to Valai. Taking my Targeted Bomb Admixture.

"Pardon me." he says, his voice squeaky yet surprisingly polite. "Please remain calm, the blindness will fade."


Female Elf Illusionist 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex.); Senses Low-light vision; Perception +3; AC 11 (+1 Dex.); hp 8; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3

"Point me at an enemy," Valai says, thrusting out a hand. "Help me aim!"


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Nessa finally began to calm down as the initial shock of being blinded passed. She reigned herself in and became very calm and very pissed off. The thieves were in for a very bad night once she could see them, after all a calm and angry Calistrian was a huge threat to whoever ticked her off.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

The thug Khavakra attacked "Thug 2" responds in kind, swinging his short sword at her.

Thug 2 Swing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Thug 2 Slice: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Thug 1 comes over to assist his comrade, taking a swing at Khavakra.

Thug 1 Swing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Thug 1 Slice: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Thug 3, seeing that the ratfolk had not been blinded, decided to deal with what he saw as a threat and leapt at Stitches.

Thug 3 Swing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Thug 3 Chop: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The one who cast pyrotechnics, Angvar, approaches the chest full of the prize money and casts another spell from the foot of the stage. As the words leave his mouth, the chest shimmers before turning into a 2-D, cloth-like object.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Do I now have two guys in melee range? Oh, goody!

Khavakra twirls her Dendar-Durük and strikes at the foes before her.

Figured the weapon should have a dwarven name. Full action for flurry of blows. I'll aim for the guy to the southwest first. If the first hit doesn't take him out I'll aim for him twice, but if the first hit takes him down, the second shot will be aimed at the guy to the northwest.

Dendar-Durük #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Dendar-Durük #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Dendar-Durük Damage #1: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Dendar-Durük Damage #2: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"Do you like that, thief?"


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft
DM Gee-Em wrote:
The one who cast pyrotechnics, Angvar, approaches the chest full of the prize money and casts another spell from the foot of the stage. As the words leave his mouth, the chest shimmers before turning into a 2-D, cloth-like object.

When Khavakra sees this, she frowns.

"Nessa! Grab that cloth thing! Don't let him get to it!"


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Am I still blinded? I think this is the last round of it but I want to be sure before I post an action.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

@ the Blind: Unfortunately, this is round two, you are still blinded. Next round you will see again.

@ Khavakra: The thieves cannot answer, as they are well on their way to Pharasma's Boneyard, their bodies twisted unnaturally from the force of your blows (your damage output).

@ Stitches: You're up!


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Nice! BTW AC is back to normal since I wasn't fighting defensively that round.

Khavakra looks up from the two unconscious men.

"Who's next?"


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Nessa turned her head towards Khavarka's voice and said, "What cloth? I can't see s&~&!"


Female Elf Illusionist 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex.); Senses Low-light vision; Perception +3; AC 11 (+1 Dex.); hp 8; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3

Valai tries to home in on the sound of the spellcaster. As soon as she is at least slightly certain of where he might be, she extends a hand in his direction and casts magic of her own!

Here goes; a blind casting of Grease! Miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 85. Reflex save DC 14 or fall prone.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Angvar's Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

A thin stream of grease materializes an inch from your fingertips, growing in size as it makes contact with the stage. Angvar had just gotten up and, as he stands, slips on the grease and falls back onto the hall's floor. As his falls an audible crack is heard and those who can see notice his right arm is bent at an unnatural angle.

Broken Arm Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

As he screams in pain, those of you who were blind suddenly can see again.

Edit Oh, and the wizard's prone.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

As the wizard went down Nessa began to see through the spots in her vision. She rose from her position on her knees and glared at the attackers. She looked at where the cloth thing was and spoke a few words while looking at the cloth then caused it to float into her open hand.

Cast mage hand an bring the chest to my hand.


Female Elf Illusionist 1; Init +1 (+1 Dex.); Senses Low-light vision; Perception +3; AC 11 (+1 Dex.); hp 8; Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3

Valai sights the nearest thief who is still standing upright, and just waves her hands at them in a brusque, dismissive gesture.
Unlike most such gestures, this one causes a ray of strobing, purplish light to shoot towards her target!

Blinding ray. Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 to blind for one round. Rays remaining: 5/6.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Rerolled Initiatives, Read Me:
Chalkou: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Felina: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Valai: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Nessa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Khavakra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Elek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Angvar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Thuvalia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Remaining Thugs: 1d20 ⇒ 9

In the chaos, people either run, hide, or are knocked out. Rising up out of this mess three patrons - a catfolk, another tiefling, and a half-elf - ready themselves to defend the gala along with the elf, tiefling, and "dwarf".

Chalkou, you're up.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

To be clear, is everyone I'm seeing on the map that's not a party member a bad guy? Or only the ones with green bars over their heads?
Also, can I assume I was able to study a foe (move action) prior to my first round of action?


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Yes, the green bars will indicate enemies; and yes, you were watching the chaos unfold and so would have had time to study your foe.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Not exactly what I was expecting. Chalkou thinks, as chaos erupts in the gambling hall, and smells familiar and exotic swirl around him. I came to see if this fool was consorting with devils, and instead he's about to be the victim of an old fashioned robbery. Well, I'm not about to stand by and watch this. With that, the catfolk springs into action, pushing himself to dash quickly across the front of the stage. Positioning himself between the two foes, he slashes at the downed man with his claws.

Surprising Charge to move my speed as an immediate action, then full attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Gather information: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Earlier:
Tucking his turquoise and blue scarves under the collar of his coat, he lifts his ‘walking stick’ in a salute to his cousin at the bar, ”I’m going to watch the party, If the ‘Gold Goblin’ has a profitable night they will need to hire more bouncers. Maybe then I can start paying you for the pallet in the basement.”

Elek heads through the Wharf District to the casino, ’Good, there is a line at the door already.’ Getting in line he notices the elf doing tricks and then the tussle up front that seemed to be dealt with by a dwarf in line also. ’Well, it already looks to be an interesting evening.’

Paying his cover charge, Elek, moves around the casino, watching the different games, the customers and the staff. As the bells toll, and the lights drop, Elek begins to move to the main stage, smiling as the ‘cultist’ come out. ’Well, Saul knows how to put on a show.’

Focusing on the reaction of the crowd as Saul begins to speak, Elek looks up and sees the two ‘succubi.’ He does a double-take looking at the blonde in the opaque outfit with the tiara like headdress. ’Smart move, letting the tieflings natural beauty to shine through, but why does she look so familiar.’

Moving around the crowd again, Elek notices that the dwarf who ‘dealt with’ the tussle was also working as a bouncer, ’Blast, I hope they will need a fourth.’

He again looks to the stage noticing the elf doing a quality ‘magic show’. ’That’s the elf that was doing tricks in the line. She’s very talented as well, and the distractions mess with the focus of the gamblers. Saul clearly knows what he’s doing, I wonder why he was having trouble.’

When Saul announces that the ante has been upped with the inclusion of the tiefling named Nessa, ’Wow, is the game that rigged or should I have started gambling.’ He stops near the stage and watches the tiefling’s show; not noticing the activity across the room until the Tiefling cries out in anger.

”What the crap?” Grasping his ‘walking stick’ he lifts it to his shoulder. Then one of the braziers explodes in a bright flash of light, blinding him. ”Blast~”


Now
Rubbing his eyes, Eleks vision begins to return. He notices the thug to his right, standing near the stage. He studies the thug for a moment, smiling a wicked smile. ”Well, I wanted to impress Saul. Guess it’s going to be at your expense.” He lifts his club, stepping forward and swings it at the thieves head.

Move action: Studied target, 5 ft step, attack: Club, PA, ST
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 14


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Nessa was quite pleased when the cloth reached her outstretched hand and rolled it up before tucking it between her breasts for safe keeping. With that done she said a few words in the same dark and twisting language she'd used before and gestured to send a bolt of raw energy slamming unerringly into the spellcaster's body.

Magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

Felina had hoped she'd be able to make some money off of the poor unfortunate saps at the Gold Goblin. Perhaps even get a job there to fix games in the casino's favor. The ensuing attack was not what she had anticipated.

The flash had blinded her but hearing what was going on she came to the quick conclusion that there was a heist going on. While she couldn't quite see who was attacking she knew defending herself was first priority.

With that her hand went for the censer hanging from her belt. As she did vapors started coming out of the many holes in the implements bottom and coalesced into a radiant eagle directly in front of her. She mentally commanded it to defend her.

Standard Use Servitor, spending 1 MF from my conjuration implement to summon a Celestial Eagle. Last 1 minute.It land on the square above me on the map.
Normally it would directly attack my enemies but Felina can't see who her enemies are at the moment.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

If you were on the same blindness timer as the rest of us it just cleared up.


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1
Nessa Meretrix wrote:
If you were on the same blindness timer as the rest of us it just cleared up.

Even then, she has no clue who the actual aggressors are as she was blind for the whole thing. Before then she was only paying attention to her game.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

<knock.> Just waiting on the GM.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

The venom green bolt of energy drove home into the prone wizard's chest, killing him instantly. The eye patch wearing woman cried out in dismay as the rest of the thieves made it out the doors. Turning to Nessa, tears running from her good eye, she tried to get past Chalkou but could not. She too tried to flee but found herself cornered by Felina and Khavakra.

Seeing this, she dropped her weapons and held up her hands, getting down on her knees as the tears continued to flow.

Combat is considered over. I'm going to ask for immediate actions (one liners or unanswered questions) after the woman's surrender before Saul appears to congratulate you all.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Nessa was pleased to see her bolt of magic take down teh wizard and even more intrigued to see teh woman's eye tear up at his death. It seemed that the two were more than just partners but maybe lovers as well. With teh flight of her companions and the woman's capture Nessa sauntered towards her and said, "That wasn't a smart idea, attacking the casino. You ruined my fun." She looked down at the dead wizard briefly, "It seems you've paid for your attempt though. Why did you think it was worth risking this loss?"


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Hey DM, no to be gross, but did Elek kill/knock unconscious the thief he attacked or did the thief run off? It will affect how he behaves next.

51 to 100 of 1,281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under a Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.