GM Dak - Second Darkness

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shadow in the Sky
Part 4: Under the Gold Goblin

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Moonday, 1st of Calistril, 4709
Current Day: Toilday, 23nd of Calistril, 4709


201 to 250 of 1,384 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11
DM Gee-Em wrote:
With a graceless bow he returned to his crew, finalizing any last movement of items before retiring to his offices.

Sorry, I was under the impression that he walked off, and we were going to discuss this in the morning.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

It is alright, I'm assuming the others caught him either before or after his departure. Nessa talked to him in his office, and that's what I believe Chalkou did as well. Correct me if I am wrong.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

The next morning you awake at your chosen times. Anyone who gets up and about after nine will see the arrival of folks seeking employment and of those called in by Mr. Vancaskerkin's favors. Those of you who suggested/requested specific positions are filled in by Larur before he gets to those outside.

Hans and Beyar show Khavakra the good corners to watch folks from, Lixy reveals to Nessa the costume selections – which are extensive and suggestive, Larur shows Chalkou to the catwalk and gives him a lesson in the signals to show who's cheating the house, while Saul approaches Elek.

So, my boy, what do you feel you can do for me, eh?


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Sorry about the delay,

Waking early, Elek wanders around downstairs, looking at all of the possibilities. When Saul approaches, he shrugs his shoulders, "I just assumed you would need bouncers, but I'm willing to try anything."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

"An even four to keep from a bore, two for the door and two for the floor." The way Saul sing-songs that line is odd. "I can get behind that. Very well, you'll be with the twins and Khavakra. Larur, let the victims in! We need servers, cooks, the works!"

As the day begins, an individual enters amongst the others seeking work. An auburn-haired half-elf with Varisian tattoos on her face comes in and looks around nervously. She wears blue and green robes and has a satchel of books hanging from her shoulder.

Feel free to approach or ignore her


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nessa chose one of the more sedate outfits for now, it didn't reveal as much of her skin but it hugged her body very tightly and was a light green in color with a skirt that reached nearly to the floor. She went out to start going through the new arrivals looking for work and found her eyes drawn to the half-elf. She approached the woman casually, her wings folded closed and her tail gently swishing and smiled as she asked, "And who, are you?"


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

'Well now we know why he runs a casino instead of writing poetry.' Smiling to himself, Elek nods, "If it's ok, I'll work the floor, I'm pretty perceptive."

As he moves a way, 'And the door seems really boring.' He notices the girl with the auburn-haired, and Nessa moving toward her, 'That green dress really hugs Nessa's body, not that I'm complaining. I wonder who the girl is.' he stops nearby, hearing Nessa's question, Waiting for the tattooed girl to respond, He reaches out his hand and introduces himself, "Hi I'm Elek, what can we help you with?"


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra scans the crowd for signs of trouble.

Looks like another wizard, she thinks when the woman with the books goes by. Not much of a talker, shesimply watches as Elek and Nessa approach her.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Chalkou watches the newbies from high above, taking special note of the tattooed half-elf. She doesn't seem like the usual sort this town attracts. I wonder what brings her here.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

The half-elf woman gravitates towards those who greeted her, thankful for some direction. "Hello, my name is Samaritha Beldusk. I am, admittedly, in a bit of a bind. I've been looking for work for weeks now, and no opportunities have presented themselves that do not require me to make a fool of myself. I don't need anything too fancy, something simple, like a waitress, is all I ask for."

"Are you the owners, perchance?"

Her beauty is unmistakable, as is her desperation for something to work out for her. There are darkened circles under her eyes and her wavy fiery hair was hastily pulled back into a ponytail. Clearly not on top of her game, she is honest and embarrassed about asking for work here.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Looking from Samaritha to Nessa and back again, Elek wait's a moment before he says anything. Shaking his head no, "We're not the owner, Saul, is. As a matter of fact, I just started today, myself. But Saul is hiring. I'm sure we need waitresses too, is that what you do? Or is there some other skills you have?"


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nessa saw the desperation in the beautiful half-elf and said suggestively, "Oh there are so many things I could have you do..." Stopping and composing herself she continued, "As Elek said we are not the owners but we work for him and are hiring." She looked Samaritha over and said, "We could use another waitress but there are costumes involved Samaritha." She arched one eyebrow, "Will that be a problem for you?"


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

At the mention of costumes, Samaritha wrinkles her nose which is adorable looking but steels herself. "I just hope they are nothing too outrageous. Where is Saul, then? I'd like to speak with him as soon as possible. My financial needs are getting severe."

Whoever escorts her to Saul's office will learn that Samaritha has been trying to be apprenticed by the Cyphermages. She is fascinated by the Cyphergate and the recent events in the city including the Blot. However, the mages distractions and lack of openings has discouraged her and now she is short on savings.

Elek or Nessa, who wants to escort Miss Beldusk to Mr. Vancaskerkin's office?


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nodding to Samaritha, and since she is mroe associated with the waitresses than anything else, Nessa reached over to link and arm through of of the half-elf's and said, Oh I'm sure we can come up with soemthing to suit you hon." She tugged slightly, "This way, I'll take you to him." She escorted the woman to where Saul was and said, "I think we have a new waitress. She wants the job anyway."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Saul looks up and nods at Nessa. "Lines exist for a reason, luv, but I'll excuse it for your find." He stands and, walking around his desk, extends his good hand, his left hand.

"Welcome to the Gold Goblin, Miss-?"

"Beldusk, Samaritha Beldusk." She grins tightly and shakes his hand. "Do I need a resume or anything?"

"Nah, I do things first come, first serve around here. Thanks to Nessie here you're first, so the job is yours. Here," Saul hands her a sheet of paper. "Report to Lixy, she'll get you set up."

Turning to Nessa, Saul smirks. "I see you've taken to your new job rather well. Continue doing that, and we'll have no problems."

The rest of the day unfolds similarly, goods arriving, folks offered jobs, and final preparations made before reopening the next day. You are free to chat with the Samaritha, finalize anything with Saul, or whatever your character would like to do. Just say "get on with it" and I'll move us to opening day.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Chalkou spends he day familiarizing himself with the best spots in the catwalk, but keeps an eye on the applicants just in case anything funny is going on.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Folks get a little upset due to Saul's "first come first served" policy, but nothing comes of it worth intervening.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

'Wow, Nessa is really good at working with people....Samaritha is fascinated by the Cyphergate and the recent events in the city including the Blot.... that's really cool, I'll need to ask her about that...sometime.' As Nessa and Samaritha talk, Elek hovers near, listening, occasionally looking like he may ask a question. But when Saul, mentions about 'there being a line.' He quickly turns and continues familiarizing himself with the area's of the casino where Saul isn't.

I think I'm good to continue


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Moving right along...

The grand re-opening takes place around eleven in the morning. The event offers a discount on lunch for all comers who earn a profit in the first hour. The place is not quite packed but still a hearty turnout.

As lunch is being served, four sunburned individuals enter the casino and start causing a ruckus. "Saul!" One of them hollers, "You cheating bastard! Show yourself! You owe us, dammit! Think you can just steal from whoever you please? Cheat the Devil, my ass!"

Hans and Beyar are prompt in responding, but the sailors draw weapons and form a protective circle around themselves. They snarl at anyone who comes close and take swings at anyone who comes closer.

First day and look at that! Action! What do?


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

'Huh, what do you know, rowdy sailors.' Walking near the four rabble rousers, Elek makes nods to Hans and Beyar, Telling the Sailors, "No one got cheated."

He then turns to the more charismatic members of the staff, and asks, "Do you want to talk some sense into these morons, or do we just bust their heads?"


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

How far above the gaming floor is the catwalk?


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

'bout 20 ft


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra draws her Dendar-Durük.

"If you have a complaint, we can talk. But you draw steel in here, that makes you robbers. Drop the swords or prepare to use them," Khvakra says.

BTW I assume we have rested up and regained HP... my block still shows 7 damage which I think is from the very first fight.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Pleased at saul's acceptance of her skipping Samaritha ahead in line Nessa blew the boss a kiss and winked as she said, "Of course Saul, you won't be disappointed." She took Samaritha to look through the costumes to see what kind of options there were and then headed back down to continue her duties.

When the trouble began to brew at the doors later that same day Nessa was drawn quickly to the confrontation as Elek called for assistance and arrived just as Khavakra tried her rather abrupt diplomacy. Slipping forward, and gesturing for Hans and Beyar to back down just a little, Nessa looked at the gathered sailors and asked, "Just what makes you think we cheated you?" She raised one eye brow questioningly, "It wasn't us who disrupted the event, it was the thieves, and the thieves have already been punished for ruining the fun." She gave each a demanding look as she asked, "Currently we have no problem with you, and as my friend here says," she gestured to Khavakra, "Forcing the issue would put you in the wrong and leave you with a port you could never come back to." She looked to whoever she felt was the leader of this group and asked "If we were going to do something for you what do you think would be fair to pay you back for your troubles?"
Diplomacy /w charming: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
*face palm* Blasted dice.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

"Nice try, devil!" a burly woman among the sailors grunts. "We ain't leaving till we get our dues!"

Initiative Order:
Sailors: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Nessa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Khavakra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Elek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Chalkou: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Order is Chalkou, Elek, Nessa, Khavakra, then Sailors


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nessa's eyes flared with lurid red light at the sailor's words and screeched out, "DEVIL?!" She seemed furious by the insult as she readied her claws, "Abyss take you come and get your dues b$&$!!" "[/b] It seemed the pirate had hit a nerve with her words and the tiefling barely restrained herself from tearing through the sailors to get at the sailor woman and backed behind the bouncers as she prepared a spell...

If they attack I will magic missile the woman who insulted me.
magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

I’m posting from my phone right now, someone may need to place me on Roll20. Consider this to have occurred just before we hit initiative, I’ll post around 1 actions when I get home.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Drat. Falling damage it is then.

When one of the thugs insults Nessa, Chalkou decides this has gone on long enough. Dropping silently from the catwalk, he lands a bit less silently behind one of the thugs. Unsheathing his claws, he purrs [b]”Wrong choice, fool.”[/ooc]


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Y’know, I should’ve actually rolled the falling damage...

First 1d6 is nonlethal:
2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Map is up


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Stepping forward a bit awkwardly That jump *hurt*. Note to self: be more careful next time. Chalkou rakes the nearest thug's back with his claws.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Confirm?
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Attacking the thug between me and Nessa.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Couldn't see the sailors until I zoomed in. They seem to have white blobs on them and they looked like furniture.

Khavakra steps forward between two sailors, and lets fly with her Dendar-Durük, but tries to incapacitate her foes.

5' step and full attack. If one of the sailors I am facing is wounded (or more wounded than the other) I will go after him first, and switch to the healthier one if the first one goes down.

Dendar-Durük Flurry -4 nonlethal: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19
Dendar-Durük Flurry -4 nonlethal: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4

Crit?: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3

Dendar-Durük Damage (nonlethal): 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

While Nessa speaks to the sailors, Elek studies the one nearest him. 'Oh well, she tried.' Sighing a bit when the fighting starts, He steps toward the sailor he'd been studying, swinging his walking stick with two hands"Well, I guess you'll get what's due you." Asa he swings his club, Elek slips on some spilled beer, and missing the sailor almost falls, "Blast!"

Move action: studied target, 5 ft step. Attack: greatclub, power attack
attack: 1d1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 for damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Chalkou falls gracelessly from the catwalk above, his claws slicing a sailor's back into shreds and he falls limply to the floor. Khavakra's strike lands solidly, hitting the female sailor's temple. Elek's slip almost knocks him prone you rolled a 1d1, was that on purpose?. The female sailor was hit by Khavakra as she tried to move at Nessa, and the movement triggered the inraged tiefling and she loosed a bolt of venomous green energy into the sailor's chest.

The sailor to Chalkou's right swings with his short curved sword.

Sailor Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

However, the swing went wide as the sailor was more surprised at the catfolk's sudden appearance and was reacting on reflex.

The sailor "above" Khavakra swings at her with two daggers.

Sailor Attack: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14
Sailor Attack: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15

While he came closer to striking, the duergar's training allowed her to dodge both blades at once.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11
DM Gee-Em wrote:
you rolled a 1d1, was that on purpose?

no it was a type-o that I didn't catch, are you ok if it's rerolled?attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 well isn't that something...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Damn, don't gamble today. ;)


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Not ready to go killing these fools yet Nessa shifted slightly further back and began to chant, her gestures slow and words relaxing, as she wove together a spell of slumber.

5' back and cast sleep, finishes at the start of my next turn.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

"Blast you idiots, is this worth dying over?" He then swings his club at the same sailor again.

Attack: greatclub, power attack, studied target
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 for damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Taking a step back, Chalkou chants a few words in the feline language of his home lands, then places a hand against his chest. Casting Cure Light Wounds.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Kavakra steps to one side and keeps swinging her Dendar-Durük.

"Who said anything about killing them? These amateurs are not worth it," Khavakra says.

5' step east then full attack again. Will go for the one between Elek and I first (because I am now flanking) and then if he goes down I will follow through on the one to my east.

Dendar-Durük, -4 nonlethal +2 flank: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 + 2 = 22
Dendar-Durük, -4 nonlethal +2 flank: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 + 2 = 4
Dendar-Durük Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Crit?: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 + 2 = 20

Oboy! Looks like a crit to me! :)

Crit bonus damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Red Thug has his head bashed in by Elek, so Khavakra successfully renders Pink Thug (the woman who insulted Nessa) unconscious. Blue Thug throws down his weapon and surrenders, falling to his knees and begging for mercy.

Combat is over YOU ARE NOW LEVEL 2

A few minutes after the fight is won, the local law enforcement arrives and takes the two survivors into custody and carts off the two corpses. You have time to ask a few questions before they are arrested.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Wiping the blood off of his walking stick on the sailor he downed, Elek quickly checks the pockets of the two dead sailors and the unconscious woman, removing anything of value. Winking at Khavakra "No reason to let anything go to waste, right."

Picking up the weapon of the sailor begging for mercy, he tells him, "Empty your pockets."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

You collect Thug Money: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 gp off the sailors.

As the "authorities" cart off the sailors, Saul pats Elek and Chalkou on the shoulders, giving Khavakra a nod and Nessa an ass-grab, he takes center stage and announces:

"Alright, ladies and not-so-gentlemen! It seems I am coming down with a case of the violent outbreaks. A contagious virus to which I am quite ... ah ah AH-CHOO!" His sneeze sparks raucous laughter. "Allergic."

"So, to keep this from becoming an epidemic, I'm going to have to ask you all to quarantine your weapons with our lovely ladies at the door from now until you remove - or are removed - from the building." Gesturing to Khavakra and Nessa, Hans and Beyar roll out a weapons cabinet on wheels and the two follow the ladies around collecting and labeling the weapons from the patrons.

This is met with mostly annoyed customers, but only two storm out. As the pile of weapons becomes clear to all, a few start clapping and cheering Saul's name, calling him "Safe Saul" and similar monikers. The rest of the day goes by without a hitch.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nessa was more than a bit irritated that the b#%&+ went down before she could get her claws into her but she seemed resigned to it by the time the authorities arrived. When Saul appeared and grabbed her ass on the way to teh stage Nessa moved with him, letting the man keep his hand there if he liked, while he made the announcement.

She liked the idea Saul implemented, it would leave her at an advantage in the future, and moved with Khavakra to collect the weapons. Whenever a patron got cranky about it she was there and did her best to soothe them into staying and complying with the new rule. Only a few left and she was quite pleased that the rest of the day was relatively quiet.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

what weapons did we gather up from the assaulting sailors?'

'That's a smart idea, Saul knows his stuff.' Watching the crowd while Hans and Beyar roll out a weapons cabinet, he follows Khavakra and Nessa as they gather the weapons.

'This Nessa is good with the crowd, anytime someone fusses she smooth's it over.' Elek smiles as Nessa is speaking to one particular grumpy dwarf, running her fingers though his beard as she unwraps the chain from his Dorn-Dergar from around his waist. As the day comes to an end, he moves beside the beautiful Tiefling, "You handled the crowd quite well today, Nessa."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

You got three short swords and two daggers off the sailors


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

At the end of the day - which is late in the evening - Saul thanks each of you for your roles in the day's events. He sends you off for the rest of the night, after which Samaritha approaches Nessa.

Nessa and Samaritha:
"Thanks for your help, Miss Meretrix." The half-elf curtsied to the tiefling. "I am amazed at you and your coworkers' skills. You are quite confident with magic. Are you studied or are you a sorcerer?"

After chatting with Nessa, Samaritha will approach Elek and attempt a conversation with him.

Elek and Samaritha:
"Hello, Elek, was it? I must thank you for your help. It's not often I meet a fellow half-elf. Are you a native to Riddleport?"

Khavakra:
Larur compliments Khavakra on her skill with her unique weapon. "I wish I had the time and commitment to learn how to fight like that. Saul keeps me running around too much to practice with anything other than my fists."

Chalkou:
The twins Hans and Beyar congratulate the catfolk on his bold entrance into the fight. "We'd never have the guts to pull something like that off. Do all your kind fight like that?"


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Samaritha:
Once the work is done for the evening Elek, spends some time looking at the different games, familiarizing himself with how they work. As he sit's down shuffling a deck of cards, he notices the young half elf approaching. 'fascinated by the Cyphergate, I wonder what else she is interested in.'

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Using his walking stick, he pushes the chair beside him away from the table, motioning for her to sit. He nods, "Yeah, both my folks were locals, so to speak. My dad a Sczarni smuggler that made good and my mom a working girl that he took a shine to. I assume it was your fascination with the Cyphergate that brought you to Riddleport. Where did you come from?"


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

To Larur:
Khavakra shrugs, clearly uncomfortable being close to the dwarf.

"Nothing wrong with fists. 'Course, the best open-hand styles coordinate strikes from both fists. My teachers thought I wasn't nimble enough for that, so they gave me something big and heavy."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

To Elek:
She seems earnest and honest with you.
"Indeed, that strange and fascinating structure has held my attention for years. A few months ago I came to Riddleport, hoping to become an apprentice to one of the Cyphermages. However, with the Blot's appearance and the weird happenstance - and the that none of them were looking for apprentices - that hasn't amounted to much."

"As for where I'm from, I called Magnimar home for most of my childhood. My mother was from Kyonin and my father was a Varisian mage of minor talent. He taught me what he knew, but he couldn't offer much, bless his soul. Mother gave me some funds to be able to travel here, but she stopped when I sent word the mages didn't accept me."

To Khavakra:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Larur, noting your discomfort, nods awkwardly. "Aye, you be right. Pardon me, I shan't bother you further. I was curious, was all." With that he shuffles off, berating himself under his breath.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Twins:
Chalkous shrugs. "There was only one way down. You do what must be done sometimes. We should probably tie off some ropes to the catwalk railings though. For emergencies."

201 to 250 of 1,384 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under a Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.