GM Dak - Second Darkness

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shadow in the Sky
Part 3: Hidden Enemies and Unexpected Allies

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Moonday, 1st of Calistril, 4709
Current Day: Sunday, 22nd of Calistril, 4709


101 to 150 of 1,278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

He and one other survivor ran, managing to escape.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Once the woman is cornered, Chalkou carefully lowers his claws, the smells of death mingling around him. Blood. Emptied bowels. Burnt flesh. And...something else. An after effect of magic, perhaps. he thinks, sniffing the air delicately. Sometimes his heightened senses were, well, not an asset.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

'Blast, at least they didn't steal anything.' Waiving his walking stick at the fleeing thieves, "That's right! You better run off."

if we have time
Looking around quickly Elek, realizes they all aren't gone. As the beautiful dancer starts to lecture the prisoner Elek moves near tucking his club under his arm. "Keep your hands where we can see them." Then begins to frisk the kneeling prisoner.

if no one else does
He then moves to the dead bodies, and checks them.

he will 'take 10 (18) on perception 'frisking' the prisoner and then, if no one else does he will check the bodies taking 10(18) on perception and 10 (11) on healing to see if they are alive and for possessions.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra folds up her Dendar-Durük and stows it away in her cloak.

She kneels down and checks the two men she took down, looking to see if they are still alive.

There's no law here to turn these guys over to... guess it's up to the boss.

Khavakra looks back for the dwarf, Larur, or Saul Vancaskerkin. When she sees then, she asks,

"What now, boss? You want them alive?"


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

"That's it already?" With a wave of her hand the eagle vanishes in to thin air.

She then let's out a deep breath as she focuses on the pulses, or absence of pulses, from those on the floor.

Activate Deathwatch spell-like ability


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Felina, your Deathwatch sees that two of the thugs are still alive, but unconscious. The other one is dead.

The other guards blink as their sight returns, and the guests are becoming restless as they realize the danger is over and that their night was ruined.

Larur looks around before turning to Khavakra. "The Boss will want the woman alive. The other two I'd rather just question. They're not important enough to detain or worth killing, in my opinion. Saul?" He shrugged.

Saul returned from his office upstairs and called out from the second floor. "My friends, I must apologize for that impromptu entertainment! I must ask that you forgive us for having to cancel the rest of the evening's festivities!"

An uproar rose from those who remained, especially from those who were in the lower circles such as Cocytus, Caina, and the two in Nessus.

"However, to make it up to you all, we shall allow you to cash in your chips for a ten percent bonus! I know it is not the grand prize, but it is the best I can offer, considering."

Grumbling, the guests began to file up for their money. Saul signals Larur with his good hand - a thumbs down - before making eye contact with you five and motioning you to join him upstairs. His expression is unreadable as he leads you into his office. Within there is a fine desk, a plush chair behind it and two other chairs in front. Once everyone is inside the office he closes the door behind you and takes the chair behind the desk.

Placing his good hand and the large key together to form a steeple, he waits till everyone has either seated themselves or otherwise makes themselves comfortable.

OPTIONAL Thoughts coming in, who tries to grab one of the two chairs, who elects to stand/lean against the wall, etc.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Not getting a response from the woman Nessa turned her back on her and began to saunter towards the stairs when Saul motioned them to join him upstairs. She sauntered her way there, her body swaying with it's usual enticing motions, and when she entered the office she made her way to the desk Saul sat behind and sat on a corner on Saul's side, one leg folding up to tuck the foot under her other and one hand laying on the desk to help hold her up.


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

Felina points out the unconscious but living thugs to the staff at hand before following Saul upstairs.

Once the she takes one of the chairs. She sits there, back straight, legs crossed, hands in her lap. In her hands she holds the censer that hangs from her belt and that spewed forth an eagle just a short while ago.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra shrugs and follows Saul up to the office.

Once there she looks around and gets a feel for the place, while also looking for things hidden from ordinary sight (like secret doors, peepholes, etc.).

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Also, is there a window looking out onto the gambling floor?

She takes a spot at the back and leans against the wall, crossing her arms.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

If Saul had enough time to come out of the office and speechify, was Elek able to frisk the kneeling captive?

Finishing what he was doing while Saul spoke. 'If I don't leave with the 'customers' I maybe be able to talk him into hiring me.' When Saul gives the thumbs down, Elek looks up just in time to make eye-contact with the owner as he motions. 'That will work.' Giving a smile he follows behind the others up the stairs.

'Well that's a pleasant view.' As he brings up the rear he notices the 'dancer' in the tiara and opaque outfit again, smiling and then looking away. 'She's a caster of some sort, no need to piss her off, I doubt she would mind any ogling, but I don't want to take any chances.'

If it's ok with everyone, Elek will bring up the rear and shut the door. But sinse I'm not posting 'last' I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to 'keep them out' :-)

As the enter the office, he shuts the door behind them. He takes a postion in front of the closed door; back straight, eyes forward settling on Saul, his hands gently resting on the top of his 'walking stick.' He looks as relaxed as a soldier standing guard. 'Quite an ecclectic group, I wonder what Saul has in mind.'


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Coming into the room just ahead of Elek, Chalkou pauses long enough to give the others a chance, the takes the remaining chair, turning it backwards and propping his arms on the backrest as he sits.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Saul looks at each of you before a grin lifts his face. "I wished to thank you all for your work down there. That could have gone much worse. Speaking of which, I'll take that chest from your chest, Nessie."

Once the transfigured chest is in his hands he examines it, flipping it around his fingers. "Clever bastards." He mutters before tossing it to the floor. "That spell shouldn't last much longer."

There is a knock on the door before it opens. Lixy walked in, her false horns in her hands nervously. "Boss, the guests aren't the only ones leaving. Most of the staff quit as well."

Saul sighed. "How many?"

"All but me, Larur, Hans and Beyar, and Bojask."

Saul's eyes bulged for a moment, his teeth clenched, before his sight darted to you all and his smile returns. "So, I seem to find myself in need of employees. I can promise what I offer all those who work for me: rooms here in the casino, food and drink, a steady income with tips and raises included, not to mention the rep you just earned tonight. You'd start at 25 silvers an hour, eight hours a day, five days a week, with free room and board. What do you all say?"


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Nessa slipped her hand between her cleavage and pulled the cloth chest out. she leaned forward and held it out to Saul, "Here you go." She was about to flirt with him when the door opened and Lixy entered to tell Saul the employees left. Nessa frowned and then turned back to Saul when he began to talk again. She listened with interest as he made an offer to them to work for him and she found herself intrigued. She thought for a moment and then said, "I'm interested but I will speak with the First Sting before accepting. I don't think that she will have an issue with it though."


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11
Elek Kardforgató wrote:

if we have time

Looking around quickly Elek, realizes they all aren't gone. As the beautiful dancer starts to lecture the prisoner Elek moves near tucking his club under his arm. "Keep your hands where we can see them." Then begins to frisk the kneeling prisoner.
Elek Kardforgató wrote:
If Saul had enough time to come out of the office and speechify, was Elek able to frisk the kneeling captive?

Sorry DM Gee-Em I've not played with you long enough to be familiar with your style of GMing. I'm not sure if there was nothing to find. Or, if Elek didn't have time to search the lady. Or, if it's so irrelevant to the plot that it was overlooked. Or, if the question was accidently missed. Any help to familiarize myself with your style would be awesome :-)

back to Saul's office
'well, at least he is smiling.' His eyes shifting from Saul to Nessa's cleavage, then quickly to the door. Stepping out of the way he makes room for Lixy to step in.

'That can't be good.' His eyes shifting from the young woman to Saul as the owner begins to smile and extend an invitation.

'Nice, I was wrong, it is good. At least for us. I won't be sleeping on a pallet in my cousins storage room anymore.' As he nods in assessment the 'dancer' shares about her particular situation.

'Balls and bloody balls, she's from the 'Silken Veil' no wonder she came off so ... professional.' Looking from Mistress Pamodae’s 'pro' to Saul, Elek says nervously. "A job would be great Mister Saul, er Saul, er boss." Then looking back from Nessa to Saul. "Er, as long as I'm working here near the docks, and not some other part of town, like the Leeward District. Um, I was told to stay out of the Leeward district."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

I apologize most fervently, Elek. I totally missed that! There was nothing worth finding on them. No coin, just some daggers and clubs.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Chalkou's whiskers twitch involuntarily when Vancaskerkin offers them jobs. He pauses, gathering his thoughts. His tail sweeps slowly back and forth, once. Well, that's one way to get to the bottom of what's happening. He nods. "When do we start?"


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra's eyebrows go up.

That's... that sounds incredible. Let's see... twenty-five silver per hour, times eight hours, times five days... that's a thousand silver a week! Plus, room and board, so I don't have to deal with that filthy half-orc and his flea-bag tenement any more!

Even if this fool goes bankrupt after the first week, I'll be better off than I've ever been since I left home!

"That's... yes. Good. Quite... fine indeed. Where do I sign?"

Sense Motive DC 7:
The dwarven woman is clearly trying to conceal her excitement.


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

A Job? That was new. And interesting.

Felina stands up, extending a hand towards Saul. "Well thank you sir. That is most kind of you. I'll be sure not to disappoint." All the while she does her very best to ignore Nessa's antics.

When he accepts her hand she shakes it most vigorously.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

His smile grows at the agreement. As if on cue, the chest is restored to its proper form, the sound of coins in sync with his expression. "Excellent! I'm going to start hiring for positions the day after today, as it is rather early. That should give you time to get your own business ordered." He directed that at Nessa. "I'll have the proper paperwork for you all to sign an hour after sunrise. That sh My boys are going to clean up here, if you'd like a bonus you can help out. Lixy, honey, could you tell them were things go?" He rises, shakes each of your hands, and then leads you all out of his office.

Lixy smiles at you all as she leads you back downstairs. "You'll like working here, its a simple job once you understand how we run this little gang of ours. Saul's a generous boss, as long as you follow orders."

"Now, some of you are familiar with some of us, but I'll introduce you all to all of us. I, of course, am Lixy Parmenter. The dwarf is Larur Feldin, the twins are Hans and Beyar, and the grim one over there is Bojask." She points to the dwarf, a pair of twins that -- other than a muscular build, tattoos, and a disregard for shirts -- didn't share much in common, and a dark-skinned man whose face seemed too tight for comfort and from whom a rather unpleasant smell emanated.

Larur nods to Khavakra before resuming sweeping. Hans and Beyar smile at Nessa, their faces flushing slightly. Bojask does not make eye contact with you. Rather, he acts as if you are not there.

"If yer done wit de tour, Lix," Bojask grumbles, "you can give the newbs brooms or someting. The pigs left a mess on deh way out."

"Of course they did." Lixy sighs, then faces each of you. "If you all want to help, there are brooms over there, most of the decorations were lent to us, so they need to be repackaged. Uh, other than that, stay as long as you want, I'll let the Boss know so you get paid for what you worked."


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

'Nothing wrong with a simple job.' Nodding to the five employees, then to the others that were in the office with Saul. "Names Elek, born and raised in Freeport."

He gives a shy smile, as Lixy faces him, shrugging. "But that doesn't mean that I'm afraid of a little work." He tosses his coat and walking stick on a chair. Rolling up his shirt sleeves, unintentionally revealing the tattoos, he grabs a broom and starts to sweep.

the tattoos, the one on his right forearm would be Calistra's holy symbol, the one on his left forearm would be the emblem of the 'silkblades. A bark blue square, (representing a window: code for 'second story work) with a dagger wrapped in an orange scarf, displayed in it.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra shrugs and picks up a broom, nodding to Lixy. She begins sweeping the floor.

For 20 gold a day I can slop the hogs if they want.


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

Felina nods at the explanation and picks a broom, though her handling of it is rather awkward. She takes a moment to see how others use the thing and quickly adapts. The difference is still quite obvious though. Felina won't leave a spot alone until it's spotless but that does make her slower.

When Elek introduces himself she nods, "My name is Felina. I'm from Magnimar. This is all rather new to me."


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

brain snafu, I said "Freeport" instead of "Riddleport" duh!

'Magnimar, a little ways from home.' Elek, gives a polite nod, "Welcome to Riddleport, Felina." giving a quick smile, "I find if I act like I know what I'm doing few rarely notice the difference."


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Nessa nodded at what Saul said about having the papers ready and slid off of his desk to make her way to the door. She took his hand when offered and then followed Lixy down the stairs to the main floor. She listened as the woman spoke and then the introductions to each of the remaining employees. She enjoyed the reaction of the twins but was annoyed at Bojask's reaction to her. Still she was sure he'd warm up to her, eventually.

When the tour and introductions were done she turned to Lixy and said, "I'll be back with an answer in the morning, possibly before. I don't know that I'll stay here since I have accommodations at the temple." She winked at the twins and then laughed at their blushing as she flounced out the door and headed back to the House of the Silken Veil.

At the Silken Veil:
Nessa made her way back to the temple and entered enjoying the sight of the place. It was much like it always was a den of corruption and fun. She enjoyed teasing people as she passed, occassionally feeling someone up and being felt up in return but didn't act on the various offers that came to her. She was here on a mission and wouldn't be distracted as she made her way to the First Sting's chambers. Once there she looked at the attendant and asked, "Is the Mistress here? I need to speak with her."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

At the Silken Veil:
"The Mistress is in her bedchamber. She desired to see you when you returned, eager to hear how it went."

Within the lighting was dimmed, only a few scented candles giving a potent atmosphere. On her spacious bed Shorafa reclined on her side, propped up on an arm and wearing little more than extensive and expensive jewelry.

"My little Nessie, how was your night out? Was it as good for ol' Vancaskerkins as it was for you?" She crooked a finger at you, beckoning you to join her.

The clean-up took till just before noon, and those who stayed were shown where the staff housing was and which rooms were theirs. Saul called Larur up to his office, demanding contact information for recruiters. Lixy thanked you all for the help, promising that the bonus would be added to your first payment.

"Return tomorrow morning and we'll give you room keys, assign you jobs, all that good stuff. Till then, the day's yours."

I have ideas for what could happen today, so let me know what your characters do today or on a regular day. It would be cool if folks could group up and experience stuff together but it is not a necessity.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

After cleaning all night, he is relieved to see the sleeping quarters. 'I will go get my gear then crash.'

a tired Elek nods his head, a little confused at what time the casino will open. "tomorrow? Ok, what time? do you want us back around midnight when things get busy or around sunrise or closer to noon? What time does the casino open anyway?"

Elek would go get his gear from his cousins, then return here and crash. Once he got up he would see who was around. Depending on what time he was supposed to report to work, and who else was around, he might do something.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Chalkou would gather his gear, meager as it is, from the room he'd been staying in previously. Would probably ask around with the other new-hires. If a group wants to go out he'll tag along.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra is new in town and has no friends to speak of, nor does she have anything of value except what is on her person. So she has no need to go back to the flophouse where she was staying.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Silken Veil:
Nessa gave the Atendant a lingering kiss and then said, "Thank you." With that she entered Shoraffa Pamodae's bedchamber and saw the First Sting, nothing on but her jewels, and approached as she was bidden, divesting herself of her own clothing as she went, and getting onto the bed beside her Mistress. Nesaa's wings folded themselves closed and she lay on her side facing the First Sting on the bed as she said, "It went well, mostly, then it got exciting. I serviced a few customers on my own accord, I'll get your portion of the profits to you before I leave your presence, and then I came up with a way to really drive the patrons wild." She smiled wickedly, "I decided to take on the role of 'The Devil's Queen' to try and drive the patrons to distraction offering a night with myself to the winner of the tournament." She paused and her blissful expression at the memory of the lust she had felt from the room faded to be replaced by anger, "Then the place got robbed, and the only ones to win were us, the robbers fled or died, their leader captured, and I killed the wizard, the leader's lover before he could cast his third spell." She smiled again at the memory of the patch eyed woman's reaction to the wizard's death, "It may have been a bit much but he did attack, bind me with a flash of light, and ruined my fun."

Nessa considered then what else to day and almost forgot about the rest as she looked at teh First Sting's body before her. Then she remembered teh rest and continued, "When we finished speaking with Saul after the fact most of his employees quit and those that he had hired to help for the night and those who helped stop the robbery were offered continual employment with him." She looked at the high-priestess again and said, "The pay is fair but I told him I needed permission for the extended work for him before I could agree."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

At the Silken Veil:
Shorafa's eyes never left yours as her fingers lazily traced your body, and you could see her various reactions to your story. The tiefling's rosy eyes glowed at your reports of your fun and your victory, but hardened at Saul's proposal.

"I'm not sure how I'd feel about sharing you, my dear." You could smell the hunger from your Mistress. "However, growing attachments is something the Savored Sting does not encourage. Perhaps this is a good time for you to start making your way towards being queen of your own nest. You have my permission to work with Saul.

But," she takes hold of your chin and makes you look her in the eye. "Do not trust Saul any further than he can plow you. He may seem innocent enough now, but back in the day he gave all of us a run for our money. Mercifully bad luck struck him down from power, but he hasn't forgotten how to play the game. Be careful, my little bee."

Before you can say anything else, you both hear a split-second ringing in your ears before suddenly all of Shorafa's jewelry clinked together, as if magnetized. "What the ..." Shorafa began, before more metallic sounds came from throughout the room and outside.

Anywhere but the Silken Veil:
As those of you who stayed prepare to leave and collect your things, suddenly all of the metallic items on you suddenly are drawn to the closest item of similar material as a split-second ringing sounds in your ears. Armor locks up, blades are stuck in their sheaths, and coins group together like a bunch of grapes.

Lixy's hands dart to her knife and a pocket close to her breast, as one of the twins suddenly grabs his jaw and cries out in pain.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

'A job well done, now to get my gear and to rest.' As Elek prepares to leave, he picks up his 'walking stick' in one hand and his 'armored coat' in the other. 'What the bloody blazes is that?' Suddenly, as an ear splitting ringing starts, Elek notices the thin plates in his coat jutting out being drawn to his scabbarded daggers as they start to slide in his belt toward each other and pulling toward the coat.

As he drops the coat and steps back, Like a large black slug, it slide across the floor toward him, still drawn to the metal in the daggers. He places the end of his 'cane' on it, keeping it at bay calling out, over the din, as he looks to Lixy, "What the bloody blazes is going on?"


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

At the Silken Veil:
Nessa shuddered at the feel of the First Sting's hands tracing the delicate scales of her body, scales so soft and smooth they were barely discernible from skin. She was already aroused, as she always was, but her desire began to fall at Mistress Pamodae's words. Her mood shifted back around as the First Sting gave her permission for Nessa to work with Saul. The sorceress noted the distinction and nodded in understanding and was about to speak when her chin was gripped.

Nessa met the First Sting's gaze and listened intently to what she was told. To be honest it left her very nervous about accepting the job but she knew that she could handle it if she was careful. Yet again she was about to respond when the Mistress' jewelry suddenly stuck together. Nessa was relieved she was wearing nothing as it looked awkward and she said, "I have no clue Mistress Pamodae, but I think we have this backwards. It's always been me that's restrained in here not yourself," She looked at the First Sting hungrily, "Of course there is a first time for everything."


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

Felina has no clue what to do or where to go. She only arrived in Riddleport on the day of the game so she has no place to stay yet. She'd probably find something and spend the rest of the time checking out Riddleport and hopefully the Cyphergates.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

After dropping his things at his new quarters, Chalkous prepares to head out and get a feel for the city. Just before he can, he hears a sudden and terrible ringing in his ears and his studded leather armor suddenly constricts, as though all the metal reinforcements were trying to come together and he just happens to be in the way. He looks around quickly, trying to understand what the source of this fell magic could be. Heart-Speaker protect me, what is going on?


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra looks around in surprise. Fortunately for her she does not wear armor, and her Dendar-Durük is mostly made of wood.

"It's like all the metal became magnets! But that can't be... gold and silver are not affected by those... must be some kind of spell! If you wanted to disarm the guards, this would be a good spell for it. There may be more robbers on the way!"

"Fortunately, I am never without weapons."

Khavakra turns and watches the door, expecting another attack.


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

The censer hanging from her belt suddenly turns upwards, coiling itself in it's chain. At the same time it feels like her armor is tightening around her chest, not unlike what was happening to Chalkou.

She doesn't dare to speak, afraid the armor will tighten further if she lets any air out of her lungs. She does all she can, her hand grasping the odd, green holy symbol she carried with her. Luckily that one was made of stone.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

GM roll:
2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

All: The bizarre magnetism lasts for almost ten minutes, causing paranoia and near panic across Riddleport.

At the Silken Veil:
Shorafa's lips curled in a grin at Nessa's observation. "Agreed. Now help me out of these, they're starting to pinch."

Not At the Veil:
Lixy frowns and shakes her head. "I don't know, Elek! I've never even heard of something like this happening before!"

Right before the magnetism ends, it briefly increases in intensity before all metallic objects suddenly fall away from each other. A trickle of blood is dribbling from Beyar's mouth as Hans hands him a rag. Noise from outside increases as the people's outrage and fear become vocalized.

Felina:
You overhear some elder folks speaking in hushed tones that perhaps the Cyphergate is to blame. Strange events not unlike this - but never so intense - have occured over the decades that most have thought tie back to the structure.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Continuing to push his fallen coat away from him with his walking stick for about ten minutes. Elek, eventually realizes the 'event' is over when he pushes the coat and it doesn't squirm back. Breathing a heavy sigh, he looks around the room. "Is everyone ok?"

'I should check on my cousin, almost all of her mugs were pewter.' Picking up his coat, he nods to Lixy, I'll be back, I'm going to get my gear and make sure my cousin and her husband is ok."[/b] He then leaves to do just that. Watching the people as he goes.

I'm assuming he will go there, get his stuff and be right back. Cousin’ Zeldana's cheap grog shop is near the docks. So it shouldn't take long. If we need to RP any of it, just post in spoilers :-)


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

When the effect passes, Khavakra eases up, looking around.

"Well, that was passing strange," she remarks. "Does that sort of thing happen around here?"


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

Felina let's out a sigh of relief when her armor relaxes mere seconds after she felt it was finally really trying to kill her.

When she heard the locals talk she slightly turned her head to better catch what they said. "The locals think it's the Cyphergates. Though it was a stronger event than they are used to."


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

At the Silken Veil:
Nessa nodded at the command from her Mistress and helped the First Sting remove her jewelry. Of course that she used the opportunity to cop many a feel of her Mistress' delightful flesh was only justified and expected. When she was finished she arched one eyebrow and asked, "What now Mistress?"
If we're taking this scene much further it'd be best in PMs I think.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

At the Silken Veil:
Shorafa's amber eyes burned as she stood before Nessa, both as bare as their desire. "Oh, my little bee. You know what happens now." As entertaining as it would be to see the two priestesses at work, I stand with the forum requirements to not engage in adult content. Unless there will be further dialogue to showcase Nessa's character, I see no need to indulge.

At the Gold Goblin:
Hans shakes his head at Khavakra, taking back the rag and heading to the back. "Nah, this is a first."

Lixy turned to Felina at her observation, her brow furrowed. "That damned structure always gave me the creeps, looming over us like a gateway to some alien world. It wouldn't surprise me if what just happened was its fault."

Larur stomped towards the door, two lists in hand. "Gonna have to move me feet today, got to start getting new hires in here and find materials to repair the stuff downstairs and in the kitchen. Torag's teeth, can this infernal venture of Saul's get any more jinxed?"

The red-faced dwarf turns to Khavakra, Felina, and Chalkou. "You three! Do us a favor and post these in the listed locations?" He hands you each a thick piece of paper folded three times and sealed with greenish wax imprinted with a key with fingers for teeth. The addresses are in three very different parts of the city, but nowhere unpleasant. "Would save me the walking. If anyone important asks, tell them Vancaskerkin's calling in his favors."

At Zeldana's:
As Elek made his way towards his cousin's, the minor yet visible destruction the odd magnetic event had on Riddleport was marked with broken windows, bits of iron and coin embedded in the streets and building walls, and other such metallic mayhem.

Approaching the grog shop you hear furious swearing and the sound of either angry cleaning or further breakage. You hear Zeldana's voice against Ionacu's, both sound fine if their raised voices were any indication. I do not know the personality's of these two, so you can either roleplay that yourself or give me quick notes on them so I can try and do them justice.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

At Zeldana's:
DM Gee-Em wrote:
I do not know the personality's of these two, so you can either roleplay that yourself or give me quick notes on them so I can try and do them justice.

I don't know them either! he calls Zeldana his cousin, she is actually daughter to his half brother, but older than he is... fun right? She got him in the local street gang when they were kids. But has basically gone straight and dad helped purchase the 'grog shop.' They were just plot hooks to get him in the docks district. So have fun with them :-)

'Blast, and I thought we had it bad.' Walking throught the streets Elek notices the damage. Nearing his 'cousins' shop he hears them yelling, ' Well that's either really good or really bad.'

Bracing himself for the worst, he pauses before he opens the door, taking a deep breath, then walks in, sounding as happy as he can. "You won't believe it! Saul hired me! I have a job that includes room and board. So I won't be taking up space on the palet in the storeroom any more. Isn't that great?"

He nods to the storeroom as he looks around, trying not to cringe, He then moves quickly to the storeroom to get his rucksack and bedroll.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

GM:
Fair enough. I think that wraps the scene up then.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

When the dwarf hands out the letters, Chalkou takes one and shrugs. "Sure. Sounds easy enough."


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

Felina nods, "Vancaskerin. Ok, should be easy."

Then she turns to the others, "I'll walk along with you guys. I'm not quite sure where any of these places are. I just arrived in the city this morning."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

At Zeldana's:
Zeldana, red-faced and sweat on her brow, smiled as Elek gave them the good news. "Desna smiles, that's fantastic cousin!" She put down her broom and embraced Elek briefly, stepping gingerly around broken glass and scattered pewter vessels.

Ionacu looked at the half-elf with concern. "Saul Vancaskerkin? I don't know if that's a good thing, Elek. I've heard stories about that man, not the good kind."

Around Riddleport:
The three locations noted start with the closest, a tavern in the Rotgut District called the Fly Nest. There they were to deliver the letter to a man named Jagory the Murmur. The three of you find strength in numbers as no gang tries and harass you on the way.

The Fly Nest is as run-down as the rest of the district, but it was probably the largest one. Though it seemed like it was built from four or five buildings placed together like a child's building blocks. A half-orc pushed past you on his way out, the reek of watered-down rum and burnt meat following him out.

Inside there were not many patrons, and a Shoanti man with half his head shaved stood behind the counter. He watches you as you enter, his eyebrowless brow crooked in mild interest. "What can Jagory do for you?" His voice was soft but raspy, as if it was hard to speak louder than a whisper.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

At Zeldana's:
Giving his cousin a quick hug, "Thanks I'm just glad to be on my own."

Letting go of Zeldana he nods his head in agreement with Ionacu "Yeah, I know. But you've met my family, how bad can he be?" He smiles at Zeldana, "Present company excluded of course, we ‘Silkblades' have to stick together right?"

'This is as big of a mess as the Golden Goblin' He looks around quickly, "Do you guys need help? That metal-thing made a real mess didn't it."

He quickly looks back to Ionacu, "But seriously, what have you heard that I don't know?"
I'm not sure what Elek actually knows about Saul, lets roll for that :-)
knowledge: local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

At the Gold Goblin:

Khavakra looks at the letters.

"I don't mind dropping these off, but I don't know the city that well. But if you guys know the way... we should go together to all these three spots. Riddleport is the kind of town where you don't want to walk alone if you can help it."

At the Fly Nest

Khavakra looks Jagory up and down.

"We got a letter for you. We're supposed to say: 'Vancaskerkin's calling in his favors.' Uh... tell us if you want to send a reply."


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

With a night to remember with the First Sting behind her Nessa arrived at the Casino early. She had a long night but it was very much worth it as she entered the establishment and looked around for someone who could point her in Saul's direction.

101 to 150 of 1,278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under a Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.