GM Dak - Second Darkness

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shadow in the Sky
Part 3: Hidden Enemies and Unexpected Allies

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Moonday, 1st of Calistril, 4709
Current Day: Sunday, 22nd of Calistril, 4709


351 to 400 of 1,377 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Dropping into a crouch, the cat-man suddenly dashes after he beggar, lashing out at him with his claws when he reaches the man.

Surprise Charge to move my speed as an immediate action, then use a move action to get in front of him, hopefully cutting off his escape.
Standard to attack once.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

How close am I to this guy? Is it within a five foot step or more than that?


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Seeing the Beggar take of running, Elek runs after him. 'A dagger might slow him down a little, and probably not do permanent injury.' As they run Elek draws a dagger and throws it at the fleeing man.

move action: 20 ft. attack: ranged, dagger
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Map is up on Roll20 now, sorry for the delay.

The "beggar" dodges the thrown dagger and Chalkou's claws. However, he is swiftly becoming surrounded.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft
DM Gee-Em wrote:

Map is up on Roll20 now, sorry for the delay.

The "beggar" dodges the thrown dagger and Chalkou's claws. However, he is swiftly becoming surrounded.

You didn't mention my attack. Did I hit? And who's up next?


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Stepping closer to the man who had deafened her Nessa lashed out with both of her hands in rapid succession.
claw 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d4 ⇒ 2
claw 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d4 ⇒ 1
But she was so incensed that she was flailing around almost uselessly. She then lunged forward to bite him with the serpentine fangs that popped down from her mouth.
bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d4 ⇒ 1
Her fangs glistened with venom as they seemed headed right for the man's flesh, if she managed to even nick him he wasn't going to like it.
If the bite hits he needs to fail me a DC 13 fort save so he can take 1 point of Con damage. He gets a new save each round for 6 rounds or until he makes one successful save.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Sliding to a halt as Chalkou cut him off, the man flails at the catfolk's sudden appearance. Thus slowed, Nessa and Khavakra are able to catch up.

Nessa's claws miss, but her vicious bite does not. Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Despite a decent scratch, the tiefling's venom does not seem to have taken effect.

Khavakra's unique weapon lands a solid blow to his mid-section, knocking the air from his lungs.

Desperate, he tries to dart past Chalkou and run further down the Alley, using double movement.

This provokes AoO from Chalkou, Nessa, and Khavakra. You can roll those and then order is Khavakra, Chalkou, Nessa, Elek.

Also, sorry for not having the map up earlier. You wouldn't have had AoO at the beginning of combat, he was ten feet from the nearest of you.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft
DM Gee-Em wrote:
Also, sorry for not having the map up earlier. You wouldn't have had AoO at the beginning of combat, he was ten feet from the nearest of you.

"Not so fast."

Kavakra swings her Dendar-Durük as the man tries to escape.

AoO Dendar-Durük -4 nonlethal: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20
Nonlethal Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Khavarka runs down the alley to give chase.

If I am then able to charge again, I will. Otherwise I will get right up next to him and you can use this for my AoO:

Next Attack:
Dendar-Durük -4 nonlethal: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21
Nonlethal Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Crit?: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20
Nonlethal Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

I will now sing praises to the dice gods.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

May they be pleased with your offering


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

smiling as he see's Kavakra move forward and whack the fleeing 'beggar' Elek moves forward, attempting to get closer to the action.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Khavakra's swift and practiced movements catch the Pauper completely offguard. Her unique weapon trips up his legs and as he falls his head is struck. Limply he falls to the dirty cobblestone Alley ground, still alive but soundly unconscious.

A search of his person reveals three potions of shield of faith +3, three more thunderstones, a potion of spiderclimb, a +1 dagger, and a set of masterwork thieves' tools, along with 178 gold pieces and the stolen chips from the Gold Goblin.

Perception DC 25:
You see an elf with a scar running across his nose from ear to pointed ear glaring down at you from the mission's second floor, but he vanishes from sight as soon as you see him.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Picking over the thief's possessions, Chalkou stops to sniff a few of them. "This is some very nice kit. His gang must be pretty profitable."


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Gathering the daggers he threw, Elek also admires the gear. Smiling at Chalkou's observation"Who says crime doesn't pay, right. Anyway he has a ruthless and efficient reputation, but is still 'small change.'

Holding up the master work thieves' tools, he asks "Does anyone mind if I keep these?"

Nodding toward the unconscious thief. "Shall we wake him up and ask him a few questions or just carry him back to Saul?"


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"I suppose we could if you wish... but all we had to do was recover the chips he stole. It looks like we've done that."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Geez, what was up with Paizo?

As you loot the unconscious thief, you hear a soft voice whistle behind you. You'd turn to see Jagory the Murmur standing there, tattooed arms crossed. "You have taken the Pauper then? Good, he has been a snake in Rotgut for too long."

He stands there for a moment, before he rushes back into the Fly Nest before coming back with a bottle in his hands.

"I do not care if this is Saul's business or not, but from us here in Rotgut take this." He hands you the bottle, a fine unopened sealord wine worth 30 gp. "I also doubt you'd visit often, but you are welcome in my tavern whenever. I am certain folks there would drink in your honor."

Looking down at the Pauper, he asks: "Unless you'd like the honors of disposing of him, my boys and I will ensure he is turned into the gendarmes." As if on cue, another Shoanti man and a dwarf appear at his sides, glaring down at the thief.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

elek wasn't with you all when you met with Jagory at the fly nest. So DM Gee-Em, what would he know about him?
knowledge: local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

'turn him in to the gendarmes, I wouldn't have thought of that.' Lookng from Jagory to Khavakra, Elek shrugs his shoulders. Then noticing the quality of the liqour, using his 'walking stick,' gives the tavern owner a causual salute. He smiles at the others, "What? It's nice to be invited somplace, instead of being tossed out."


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

"Didn't realize there were gendarmes in this town," says Khavakra.

Khavakra shrugs. "If you want him, he's all yours. We got what we came for."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Elek:
You've heard Jagory was a Shoanti tribesman once before something happened that caused him to flee his tribe and hide in the city of Riddleport. He won't talk about it if asked, scratching at his throat unconsciously as he tries to change the subject or ignore the person who asked.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Smiling at Khavakra's observation about the gendarmes, Elek nods, "Yeah, go ahead and take him." Looking to the others, "Shall we head back to Saul's or do you want to take Jagory up on the offer of a drink?"


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra shrugs. "Up to you," she says.

Khavakra would be indifferent, not being especially social, but would tag along if the others stayed for the drink. Which is probably good to do if we have some high CHA people around to network.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

I figure waiting a week was plenty of time, if anyone else wanted to say anything.

Shrugging his shoulders, Elek looks around at the others, "Eh, we have alcohol at the 'Goblin.' Besides if we drink alone we don't have to share this fine sealord wine." turning bottle in hand, he heads back to Sauls.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Yeah, let's move along.

Returning to the Gold Goblin, Larur meets you at the door. Seeing the bag of chips returned, his deep red beard splits with a mostly white smile. "I should've never doubted ye lot. Consider me in yer debt. I'll make sure Saul hears of this."

The end of the week arrives, and you receive your pay. another 1000 silver, plus 25 silver each for the recovery of the stolen chips.

Two days later, you receive a summons from Saul to meet him in his office. Arriving, you see Saul pacing behind his desk. He vainly tries to hide the handkerchief he'd been dabbing his brow with as the door opens. Smiling tightly, he sits down and clears his throat.

"I'm sorry to disturb you on your days off, but this is a matter that requires immediate attention. You four are familiar with Larur Feldin, yes? The red-headed dwarven floor managar?" He directs the last sentence at Khavakra, a smirk on his lips.

Sense Motive 22:
Saul is quite nervous, something is bothering him and he is doing his best to hide great fear.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Chalkou: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Chalkou nods. "Of course. He's hard to miss."


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 I don't think I will hit that 22, but at least I get to roll dice :-)

Sitting comfortably in a chair, Elek looks from Chalkou to Saul, smiling. "Red bearded short guy, works downstairs? yeah, we've met. What's up?"


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nessa was pleased they took down the Pauper and thought very hard about killing him. Ultimately she decided that it was too much effort and he wasn't worth the hassle and ignored him. She was pleased to see Larur when they returned with the stolen chips and said, "Of course you shouldn't Larur, it was a matter of vengeance, never doubt a Calistrian set on vengeance."

Later that week:
Nessa was pleased to receive her payment from Saul, plus the bonus for recovering the chips, and was tempted to go off an count her money. but was brought up short when Saul asked about Larur. She nodded in agreement and said, "Yes, I know who Larur is."
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Sometime that week:
Nessa caught up to Samaritha finally to tell her about the appointment. She snuck up behind the half-elven woman when she wasn't looking and went to wrap her arms around her in an embrace from behind as she leaned in to whisper, "I have a surprise for you."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Sometime that week:
The young half-elf woman starts at the sudden embrace, but relaxes - a little - once she recognizes the voice. "O-oh? Like what, Miss Nessa?"

"Well, I haven't seen him since payday two days ago, and he is always here. Or if he's sick he's sent word. I sent Lixy to check on him, and she found his flat broken into and ransacked with signs of a struggle. I've talked to the gendarmes, but they don't give a lickspit about it."

Saul sighs. "Larur has been my business partner for many years. If he's been taken or killed I'll know who is responsible. I have my ... theories, but I lack the influence I used to have to be able to investigate myself. A good place to start would be that weasel Lymas Smeed, a loan shark on Rat Street. Larur mentioned borrowing money from him, and Smeed is not known for his mercies."


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

'Hhhmmmm, Lymas Smeed' Elek looks to the others, as he stands, "Sounds like we need to speak to Smeed. Do we want to go now, or is there something else we need to do first?"

what does Elek know of Smeed?
knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

"I'm ready to go now."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Elek:
You've heard of Smeed, fortunately neither you or your relatives have had the misfortune of dealing with him. Lymas is a loan shark in the worst of ways, ruthless and merciless. His obsession with expensive Qadiran cigars and exotic pets tells he has the money to lend but few know who funds his operations.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

As they leave Elek tells the others, "I've heard of Smeed, he's a loan shark in the worst of ways, ruthless and merciless. His obsession with expensive Qadiran cigars and exotic pets, means he has the money to lend but I don't know who funds his operations." Leading to the team to Rat Street, Elek, keeping a keen eye out, heads to where he thinks Smeed's location would be.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Does he know the exact location based on that local roll or does he need geography?
geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

That would have been a Know (local) check, but Saul would have given you directions regardless.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nessa found herself curious about this Smeed character and listened to what Elek said. Moneylenders were a dime a dozen but they did need funding. There were only so many who could provide it to them and most of them were criminals. "It could be good to know who funds him, which gang we will be crossing."

Sometime that week:
Nessa leaned in close to whisper in Samaritha's ear, "I have a meeting set up for you with a Cypher Mage in need of an apprentice." She let her hands wander along Samaritha's body as she spoke and nuzzled her neck as she waited for the half-elf's response.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

"We should check Larur's place for clues. Then perhaps we should do a bit of surveillance before we kick Smeed's door down... unless we think someone else migh be responsible."

Assuming no objections to checking out Larur's place...

Khavakra looks around Larur's flat, checking for clues. She goes over the flat carefully, taking her time.

Perception Take 20: 20 + 7 = 27


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Sometime that week:
"You did?" Samaritha spins around in your arms to face you, her face consumed in a hopeful and joyous smile. "Oh, thank you so much!"

Before you can react she plants a kiss on your lips. The kiss lasts a moment before her eyes snap open and widen at her own action. She pulls away and blushes furiously. "I ... I ... um ..." She looks down, trying not to look you in the eyes - which happens to give her a grand view of your cleavage. Her blush deepens.

Larur's flat is a part of several apartments, most of which are inhabited and locked quite elaborately. The woman who runs the building leads you to "Master Feldin's" flat. She reveals the door was broken in and everything save a few random articles of clothing had been looted by the time she and Lixy had arrived.

As you enter you find a beggar sleeping in the bed, snoring soundly and unaware of your arrival.

Khavakra:
You find two broken hand crossbow bolts swept into a corner, the materials of which are made from materials commonly found in the Darklands. You recognize the shafts are made from a fibrous mushroom used by Darklanders - including your kin - and the metal arrowheads bear spidery runes. There are also stains by the door that look like bloodstains mixed with another liquid, turning the stains more purple than red.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Sometime that week:
Nessa was immensely pleased at Samaritha's reaction and even more so at the kiss. She saw the half-elf's blush as she looked down and found her view at the woman's cleavage was more than a little arousing. She took one of her claws and gently slid it along the underside of Samaritha's chin. "I'm glad you are happy Samaritha, and you blush so prettily when you are embarrassed." She attempted to tilt the half-elf's chin up so she could see her lovely companion's face, "I hope I still see you once you start."

Seeing the borken door to Larur's place worried her and Nessa couldn't help but wonder if he was alright. The fact it had been ransacked wasn't a surprise, nor was the fact there was a beggar using his bed. She looked at the beggar and approached silently, trying to get within striking range of her claws, and then said, "Who are you and what do you know about the dwarf who lived here?"
stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Watching Khavakra search the room and Nessa challenge the beggar, Elek stays by the door, 'walking stick' in hand, keeping a keen eye out.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra picks up one of the broken crossbow bolts, and rubs it between her fingers. I thought I would never see this stuff again, she thinks.

"Something's not right. Look at these," Khavakra says.

She shows the broken bolts to the others.

"This wood... it's not from the surface world. This is from a giant mushroom that grows in the Darklands. And this bloodstain... mixed with some other liquid. Very odd."

Is there a check to identify the liquid discoloring the bloodstains? Also, any chance there is a blood trail that could be followed with Survival skill?

"Would this Lymas Smeed have Darklanders working for him? It seems unlikely."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

There is, Khavakra. You could roll and add your Wis modifier to the roll to identify the discoloration. Also, you may certainly try and use Survival to follow the blood.

Sometime that week:
Samaritha looks up into Nessa's eyes, embarrassment mixing with thanks and a growing attraction. "I hope to visit you whenever I can, certainly. You and Elek both, you've been so kind to me. I really have no idea how to repay you."

Clearing her throat nervously, she tries to regain her composure. "Who is the Cyphermage that agreed to see me?"

We don't have to recover that, we'll just say that Samaritha got accepted and she now works as an apprentice Cyphermage. She sends a letter - scented with a perfume - thanking you once again for helping her and promising to see you soon.

The beggar is startled awake by Nessa's voice, his breath rank with overnight alcohol and "ripe" food. He looks up and freezes at the sight of the sorceress' serpentine eyes. "D-d-de-demon!" He cries, spazzing and bringing up a bottle as his only defense. "Pleese shpare me, temptresh! I den't knew nothen!"


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Watching the beggar, Elek answers Khavakra, "Smeed's money is coming from somewhere unknown. The question in my mind is if the darklanders would work with slime like Lymas." He nods toward the conversation. "When their done talking we can try and follow the bloodstains."

Survival to follow the blood, after were done talking to the 'beggar' of course.
survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 or not


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Looming up beside Nessa, Chalkou bares his fangs at the wretch. "You will answer her questions, and you will answer them honestly. Start talking."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

A dark wet spot spreads from beneath the beggar onto the ratty mattress. He actually begins to cry. "I dent knew bout no dwarf! I wus just lurken fer a plas to shlep! Honesht! Devil tak me soul if I'd lie!" Any further prodding leads to unintelligible weeping hiccups unless he is calmed.

A Bluff or Diplomacy check is required to calm him at this stage.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nessa wasn't particularly surprised by the beggars reaction to seeing her looming over him. It wouldn't be the first time someone acted like that, nor would it be the last. She started to feel bad though when the man wet himself in fear and sighed, she wasn't heartless after all, just lustful. "Calm down, no one is going to hurt you," she folded her wings down and ceased acting threatening, "we're just looking for the man who lived here." Her words were quieter now and she gestured to Chalkou to move away from him, "Just take a deep breath with me." She inhaled slowly, her bosom swelling, and then exhaled just as slowly letting herself relax and encouraged the beggar to do the same as she did.

diplomacy w/charming: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Well, the only warm, jiggling flesh on him is his beer belly, but he'll do his best ;)

The beggar calmed at Nessa's honeyed words, his eyes snapping from the hellcat to the tiefling's now softer expression. His eyes further wandered to Nessie's assets and his breathing quickly matched her own and his shaking ceased.

"I ... thenk ye fer not killen me ... yet anywas. I dennae ken 'o' lev'd 'ere afor. Me only slep 'ere afta sun-up. Wuz ot drinken wif me mates till then."

He bared his five yellow teeth in either a nervous smile or a grimace - it was hard to tell - before looking around the room and at Elek and Khavakra.

Elek, you see the blood stain ends just outside the doorway to the flat and has no other traces in the hallway.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Wisdom check to identify stain: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 [ooc]... meh.[/dice]

Khavakra listens to the beggar carefully.

Sense Motive vs. Beggar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Moving closer to Khavakra, Elek gestures towards where the blood stains end, asking quietly, "These 'Darklanders' you mentioned would they be able to disappear without leaving a trace?"

He then scratches his head, looking around for any other sign of blood, or anything else odd for that matter.

Unless the group is in a huge hurry, Taking 20 (29) perception, looking for anything odd outside the door.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

The beggar seems earnest if still a little frightened.

Elek, you find a few strands of stark white hair caught on the door frame to the flat, other than that there are no other signs.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Chalkou moves off silently, and looks around the rest of the apartment.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Chalkou assumes that this ransacking occurred after Larur was attacked and taken, most likely by looters. The door and window both show signs of being broken into, but not crudely. Skilled hands opened the locks and with tools finer than most of the gangs of this city.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Chalkou calls the others over. ”Look at this.” he says ”This is skilled lock picking. These were not smashed open by crude hands. Someone knew what they were about.”


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nessa didn't really see an issue with the bum sleeping in the bed but she did have an issue with his smell. She stepped back, said a few words as she gestured, and pointed to him. The grime and ick suddenly sloughed off of both him and his clothes and she breathed better as any remaining odor was overlaid with a more pleasant smell. She then proceeded to ignore him and helped look around the room for any further clues.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15

351 to 400 of 1,377 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under a Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.