GM Dak - Second Darkness

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shadow in the Sky
Part 3: Hidden Enemies and Unexpected Allies

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Moonday, 1st of Calistril, 4709
Current Day: Sunday, 22nd of Calistril, 4709


151 to 200 of 1,286 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

@ Zeldana's:
Ionacu sighed before handing you a broom. "Saul Vancaskerkin was - and is - a fiendishly cunning man. He made his way by buying and selling allegiances with the more powerful crime lords in the city. He was poised to become their equal before that incident with Lavender Lil, you remember that tiefling girl your mother took under her wing?"

"Anyway, Saul's son, Erik, was accused of murdering Clegg Zincher's son, Falk, with Lil as an accomplice. Erik got out, and Saul tried to as well. It all fell apart with Saul's second son - Verik - abandoning him, his house burning down, and Saul's third wife dying in the fire. Clegg's men caught him, but they were ordered to take his right hand and any money he had on him. They then left him there, bleeding out and watching his world burn down."

"Men like Saul don't walk away from things like that without something changing them. He was clever and ruthless even back then. I fear what he might have become now, is all. Just watch your back."

Based on your roll, Elek, Ionacu isn't telling you anything new, but to hear it from him cements the rumors in your memory.

@ The Fly Nest:
"Jagory has no need. Give Jagory the paper." Taking the letter, he slid a finger under the wax seal and held the letter in a way that hid his features. A moment passed before he lowered it, his face slightly more sour than before. "Jagory asks you to tell Saul that his requests will be fulfilled. He may expect the workers tomorrow morning." He then turns to leave, a halfling placing a box behind the counter where the human stood, hopped onto it, and began wiping down glasses.

"Is there anything I can get ya for the road?" He asked, a yellow-toothed smile beaming at you.

Nessa:
I shall get to you once the others finish up the delivery. That should take them through this day towards nighttime, then that morning will be the hiring process.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

@ Zedana's:
Taking the broom from Ionacu, Elek shrugs, "I may as well." and he begins to sweep as Ionacu tells the tale.

Nodding his head as his cousins husband finishes the story. "Yeah, your right, I will need to be careful. But what's the worst that can happen. Everyone in the business comes down to it eventually, am I right?"

When the floor was swept, and the flagons picked back up, Elek hands Eonacu the broom and kisses his 'cousin' on the cheek. Take care of yourself Zeldana, and Ionacu too, he's still got a lot to learn about the business, yeah?" Elek winks at Ionacu as he shoulders his bag and picks up his 'walking stick' preparing to head back to Sauls place.

if there isn't anything else you, can assume he heads back to the 'Golden Gobline'


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

@ the Fly's Nest:
Felina nods politely to acknowledge the man's promise.

When the halfling jumps on the crate she shakes her head, "No thank you kind sir. We should be heading out to our other destinations."
She tried very hard not to look at his disgusting yellow teeth.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Understood.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Taking Felina's words as a signal, Chalkou pivots and heads out the door, stopping to hold it open for the others.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

From the Fly Nest to the Fish Bowl:

The journey from the Fly Nest to the second destination was marked by the transition from the Rotgut District into almost jarringly different environs as you walk towards the river and the wharfs of Riddleport. Your second location is the local temple to Besmara, the Fish Bowl, so named for the large bowl-shaped pool that houses many creatures sacred to the goddess of pirates, strife, and sea monsters.

The letter says to ask for the priest, a wizened human named Ruben Carfay. Arriving there, you see several younger acolytes feeding the creatures within, about three ship captains making offerings of coin and jewelry to the goddess - throwing their sacrifices into the Bowl - and a flock of seagulls circling overhead in a cyclonic funnel shape.

As you draw nearer, you see who you might guess to be Ruben crawl out of the Bowl. Despite being quite old and missing a leg, his body is lean and taut with muscle gained from sailing in his youth. An acolyte scurries over and hands him a crutch, and he sees you approach. With an unnatural grace, considering his condition, he walks over to greet you.

"Afternoon, mates. What can ol' Ruben do fer ye? Ye dennae look the sailin' type. Making an offerin' just in case?"


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

At the Fish Bowl

Khavakra looks Ruben up and down.

"Hello, priest. Letter for you from Saul Vancaskerkin. We're supposed to say: 'Vancaskerkin's calling in his favors.' We'll take a reply back if you want."

Khavakra hands the priest the letter.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

At the Fish Bowl:

Ruben takes the letter, chuckling. "I were beginnin' to wonder when he'd come a'callin'. Let's see here..." He withdrew a dagger and slit the seal open. Reading briskly he whistled before chuckling again.

"Ye can tell yer cap'n that he'll get his crew and materials tonight. And tell 'em that that's it. I don't owe 'em anythin' else after this!"

And with that he began to walk back towards a boat-house-like structure on the Bowl's far side, sticking the letter in his belt.

The next location is up by the forges, but on the way - about two or three blocks from the Gold Goblin- you three are waylaid by about four locals. Their faces are red and their leader - who you recognize as one of the thugs that escaped last night - points a short sword at you.

"You lot messed up what was gonna be a smooth job! Now me mates are dead because of you! I don't know why anyone would defend Saul after all he's done! I'm gonna give you lot one chance to turn him over to us, or else you'll suffer with him!"

Actions? Reactions?


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

The scent of briny water and sea-beasts still in his nostrils, Chalkou misses the local toughs until it's too late. As the first man speaks, Chalkou takes a half-step back, lowering himself into a defensive crouch. As he does so, he carefully studies one of the thugs. "It wasn't us that tried to rob a business. Why would we hand over a man who's done nothing to you?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft
DM Gee-Em wrote:
"...I'm gonna give you lot one chance to turn him over to us, or else you'll suffer with him!"

"You'll give us one chance? I got no reason to give you any chance at all," Khavakra says dryly. She steps back and begins to concentrate.

Begin activating my SLA enlarge person. In case someone tries to hit me in the next six seconds...

concentration (if I am hit while casting): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 ...probably not good enough. BTW I am assuming that I use Wisdom as the concentration score for my SLAs. It would make no sense for it to be charisma for a race with a charisma penalty.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

@ Chalkou You can tell the thugs are upset, but the leader seems to have a zealous hatred of Saul and most likely would kill him given the chance.

The lead thug shakes his head as if explaining something to a child, not noticing Khavakra's change in size. "You lot must be new here, so I'll make this simple for you. Saul is a deceiving, lying, murderous snake and deserves to be put down. Boss Zincher let Saul off easy, should've killed him that night. So, we're gonna finish what he..." Whatever he was saying got lost in the resulting shriek as he suddenly noticed a giant in place of the dwarf woman that was there but a moment ago.

His mates began to back away, one cursing foully and another frantically praying to the Lucky Drunk, the Savored Sting, the Pirate Queen, even a prayer to the Prince of Darkness made his list.

Due to Khavakra's spell-like ability, you all get to act in a surprise round if you so choose. I'll have a map up in a few in Roll20.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra pulls a segmented staff from her cloak, and unfurls it.

In the surprise round I'll take a move action to draw a weapon.

"Maybe your Boss Zincher should come by Saul's place for a sit-down? Give them a chance to kiss and make up? What do you think?" As she speaks she pulls the ends of her Dendar-Durük taut, and the chains give an ominous click.

Edit: GM: just looked at the Roll 20 map. Moved myself forward with a 5' step also. Can you make my icon Large?


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11
DM Gee-Em wrote:
... but on the way - about two or three blocks from the Gold Goblin- you three are waylaid by about four locals. Their faces are red and their leader - who you recognize as one of the thugs that escaped last night - points a short sword at you.

earlier

Leving his cousins tavern, Elek heads back toward the 'Gold Goblin' seeing the other new recruits headed the opposite direction, he hustles to catch up with them.

Now
approaching from behind
'That dwarf is huge, nice trick that.' shifting his pack onto his shoulder, Elek, walks up behind Chalkou. Holding up his walking stick pointing it at the angry leader, looking down it's length, "Hi folks, so is this a private party? Or can anyone finish what we started with these bastards?"


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Pulling out a parchment with quotes from Eritrice's holy text, Chalkou chants a quick prayer, waving his free hand as he does so. casting Shied of Faith with my surprise round action


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Street Fight:
Seeing the odds now stacked against them, the three followers bolt, throwing down their clubs and daggers and dashing into the crowds and alleys around you. The leader looks back for reassurance from his friends, but friends they proved not to be. Cursing after them, he himself reverses the grip on his blade and runs as well.

The crowd around you shuffles as if to aid in making the runners vanish amongst them, and you lose sight of them quickly. However, you hear the lead thug shout back at you:

"This isn't over! The Zincher Outfit will have its vengeance!"

Silken Veil:
Around early afternoon, Nessa, you awake in the First Sting's chambers, feeling immensely satisfied. Shorafa herself is already gone, but her scent lingers in the sheets and pillows.

You hear a muffled conversation outside in what Shorafa calls her "office", a sitting room full of couches and plush pillows where she meets with visitors in a private but less intimate setting. You recognize the voices of Shorafa, Lavender Lil, and Lialda Narcinal (a fellow priestess), but a fourth voice - male and gruff - you do not. Should you be interested - or on your way out - you see the two tieflings and the half-elf talking with a man you know is not a member of the clergy.

His body is grotesquely emaciated and his black shaggy hair is greasy and stringy. With eyes black as tar and teeth like a sharks, he gives off a most unpleasant aura. His clothing is stained and mismatched, as well, with two curved daggers and a whip hanging from his belt.

The priestesses and Lavender's backs are to you, so the male notices you first. His smile is foul, but his black forked tongue licking his lips makes it worse.

"You didn't tell me you were already done, Mistress." He leered, "I'd have reported back sooner."

Knowledge (planes) to try and identify his exact race and/or Knowledge (local) to remember who he is


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Silken Veil:
Nessa was rather disappointed that the First Sting was gone already and burrowed her face into the pillows and sheets to take in the delightful smell of Mistress Pamodae and herself mingled there, along with all the other people's scent she'd had since they were last washed. She didn't, exactly, want to leave but knew that staying too long could result in punishment. While punishment was sometimes fun it was only so when the First Sting was in a good mood not when you had displeased her. She knew both from personal experience and preferred to avoid the kind brought on by true misbehavior.

Climbing from the bed Nessa went about gathering her clothing and decided that she would get a shower before heading back to the Golden Goblin. With that in mind she didn't bother to dress herself but instead gathered the clothing and simply walked out of the bedroom in the nude without a care.

Nessa recognized most of the voices as she approached the door but the fourth one, the male, was unknown to her. That didn't bother her in the least, it wasn't unusual by any means, but the sight of the man was rather startling when she exited the bedchamber. The sight of the man was disturbing but then so was the sight of herself to a lot of people. Unlike her own appearance thought there was nothing arousing or sensual about this man, in fact he looked starved or something. She didn't slow down as she walked and felt his eyes on her, turning to face him, one hip cocked and her free hand in a fist on it. She arched one eyebrow as he spoke to her and asked, "Do I know you?"
knowledge (planes): 1d20 ⇒ 5Untrained so I can't get higher than a 10.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Silken Veil:
You recognize him. His name is Isarast, one of Shorafa's less savory agents not tied to the faith. He is a tiefling, as well, but his ancestry is said to be demodand. Isarast serves Pamodae as hired muscle and information gathering, but is usually kept from entering the Temple itself.

Shorafa turns and smiles at you, offering a spot next to her on a plush divan. "I felt it best to let you get your beauty sleep, not that you truly needed it. We were just wrapping up here."

Isarast cleared his throat before speaking. "So, in a nutshell, the Zincher Outfit is making movements against Vancaskerkin. I don't know all the details, but I'm working on filling in those holes, painfully if I feel the need to." He pats the blades at his waist.

"What about me? Is that old man still baying for my blood?" Lavender tensed, as if expecting the answer to strike her.

"Clegg wants you, yeah, but last I heard he wants to make you suffer first. Something involving a peeler and slow-acting acid."

Shorafa gives Lil a sympathetic look. "That's why I can't let you leave, child. You're safe as long as I can protect you."

Lavender doesn't say a word as she storms out, her pinkish skin flushing into a deeper purple. Shorafa sighs and sends Lialda after her. "Could you speak to her as well, Nessa?" She asks, "She thinks the world of you. Perhaps you can talk some reason into her?"

As you pass Isarast, he growls through his grin, and you can't tell if he was flirting with you or trying to scare you. You see Lialda talking to Lil down the hall, the half-elf obviously frustrated.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

street fight
'Cowards' Walking to where the thugs dropped their weapons, Elek picks them up and discreatly puts them in his pack. He then turns to the others and ask, "So where you three off to?"


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Silken Veil:
Nessa recognized the tiefling man and thought it odd that he would be allowed entrance here. It was unusual to say the least and boded ill for someone. She smiled at the First Sting as the other woman spoke and said, "My thanks Mistress." As Isarast continued speaking Nessa stood there listening, noting the information would be important to her, and wanting to try and keep track of it.

Her gaze turned to Lavender as the fourth tiefling in the room started to speak. The plan that Clegg seemed to have in store for her was actually rather horrifying and decidedly final. It seemed that Cleg had much to learn about revenge, though why he wanted revenge on Lavender Nessa wasn't quite sure. As Lavender fled and Shorafa made her request Nessa nodded and turned to head towards where Lialda was speaking with Lavender.

As she passed Isarast Nessa heard him growl at her and turned her head to look at him, opened her mouth, and a pair of fangs popped down from her upper teeth as she hissed right back at him while she went by. She kept on going without slowing out into the hall and to where Lialda was speaking with Lil.

Walking up Ness looked at Lavender and asked, "What can I do to take your mind off of things Lavender?" She smiled mischievously at Lil and took a deep breath causing her chest to do interesting things, "I am very talented at distracting people."


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft
Elek Kardforgató wrote:

street fight

'Cowards' Walking to where the thugs dropped their weapons, Elek picks them up and discreatly puts them in his pack. He then turns to the others and ask, "So where you three off to?"

Khavakra watches the gang run away, frowning. She soon returns to normal size.

"We have one more message to deliver. Then we should let Saul know what just happened here."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Silken Veil:
Lialda turns to you as you approach, sighing in relief. “Oh, Calistria's stingers, thank you, Nessa! Lil won't listen to me, or anyone, I think.” She starts to walk off, but then spins on her heels and faces you again. “Elek wrote me saying he was going to try and work for Vancaskerkin. I heard about the attempted theft and … well, is he alright? If so, did Saul hire him on? You'll forgive me asking, but I know you were there that night and I had hoped you'd seen him.

Gas Forges:
Elek, Khavakra, Felina, and Chalkou make their way towards the Gas Forges, the other reason Riddleport is on the Inner Sea maps, without further incident. The fumes never fade over these forges, despite the rarity of the metals that they work. The only place in Varisia able to work adamantine, smiths come from all across the nation and even beyond to try and do business with the bitter-tempered dwarf that runs the operation, Tromard Roldheim.

Entering the visitor's entrance, a human woman behind a desk looked up briefly before readjusting her glasses. “What you want?” she asks loudly, trying to be heard over the muffled yet still cacophonous noise within.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Silken Veil:
Nessa nodded to Lialda and said, "Yes, he was there, he helped stop the robbery." Given the half-elf's concern she continued, "He's just fine, or at least he was when I left anyway." Did Lil storm off or is she still here?


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Still there, she's looking at you hopefully.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

LOL
Following along behind the others to the Gas Forges Elek holds the door as the others walk in. Waiting and watching he finally whispers to the others. "What are we dropping off?"


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

"Notes from the boss. From the reactions, I think he's calling in favors or somesuch.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Silken veil:
Answering the last of Lialda's question for her Nessa said, "I believe he is going to hire on with Saul. Everyone already seemed to plan on it." With that she turned back to Lavender Lil and asked, "What do you plan to do Lav? Something dumb that will get you skinned alive and dunked in acid by Zincher? If you want tortured I can come up with funner ones for you." her tone had gone back to highly suggestive and she leaned her unclothed body closer to Lavender Lil, "Or you could come wash my back for me and...other places." She leaned in closer still to try and nuzzle the other tiefling's neck and said, quietly, "We could discuss things in a nice, hot, relaxing bath with just the two of us."

Providing Lav lets her nuzzle like that nice, hot, and relaxing are punctuated by little nipping kisses.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra looks the human behind the desk over.

"Uh, right. Got a letter from Saul Vancaskerkin. We're supposed to say: 'Vancaskerkin's calling in his favors.' I assume you know what that means - if you don't, maybe you can direct me to the one who does."

Assuming the woman seems to understand, Khavakra hands her the letter.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Gas Forges:
The woman looks at the letter and frowned. Muttering something in Varisian, she takes it. "I'll make sure Mister Tromard gets this." She seems done with you at that point, placing the letter inside of a drawer. She does not seem pleased with this, barely attempting to conceal her fear? Disgust? You're not sure.

Silken Veil:
Lil relaxes at Nessa's attentions. "Could we? I'd like to chat with you -ah- about a little something." Taking your hand she walks with you to the spa. There are two other priests here, a male elf drying himself off and a curvy woman attending the baths, sprinkling various kinds of petals into the bubbly water.

She points you to a freshly drawn bath and draws the silky, black-floral decorated veils closed, blurring one's vision of the truth on the other side.

"Nessa, you've been a great friend, and an amazing lover," Lil began, "but ... I envy your freedom. I'm losing my mind with cabin fever! I'm trapped here because of these damned false accusations Zincher keeps throwing at me. He's convinced I helped murder Falk; the way he goes on you'd think I drove a knife into his brother's heart. I have to get out of Riddleport." She takes your hands in hers, her lavender eyes pouting cutely - if desperately - into your crimson ones. "Please, you have to help me escape!"


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

Khavakra looks over the woman carefully.

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

never mind.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

He looks at the secretary, 'Odd way to treat a letter, I wonder what her deal is? Probably just ready for a coffee break. These office types, always get odd when they need a coffee break.'

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

'Well, that seemed easy enough.' Elek looks from the female dwarf to the Catfolk, 'I've fallen in with some interesting company. at least none of them want to thrash me within an inch of my life.' He smiles and whispers, "Were we supposed to do anything else while we were here?"


Female Tiefling (Grimspawn) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 1

Felina lags a bit behind as they move to the gas forges. It was a very impressive place. One she had only heard of.

She arrives just in time to hear the woman muttering something and her ears perk up at the familiar sounds.

Trying to hear her muttering
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Muttered Varisian:
"The boss is not going to like this. Gods, let him be in a good mood today."


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Silken Veil:
Nessa was pleased with Lavender's response and went to the baths with her sometime lover. When they were shown to one she let her tail slide up the attendants thigh briefly in thanks and then entered the tub with Lil. The hot water was delicious as the scented water flowed up over her and she lay back as Lavender made her request. She took a bar of soap and lathered her self up slowly while she thought the request through, not responding right away, and then slid beneath the water to rinse the suds off of her.

When she began to resurface Nessa has shifted around and began to slide out of the water and up between Lavender's legs, pushing them to the side as she went and straddling the other teifling's hips with her own. Leaning forward she pressed her whole body against Lavener's and spoke very quietly in the other woman's ear, "I will help you Lavender, but I need you to be patient." Nessa's hips began to move slowly against Lavender's as she continued, "This isn't something easy to do, we need time to do it right or he will get you and you will be lost to us all." Nessa's sharp nailed hand came up and stroked the tiefling's cheek tenderly while she nuzzled the other woman's neck briefly and kissed it while she waited for a response.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Job done, Chalkou heads for the door. "This place stinks, let's get out of here." he whispers to the others as he passes.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Feeling Chalkou answered his question, Elek nods to the lady sitting at the desk and turns to follow the catfolk out.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Unless otherwise stated, I'm going to assume you all return to the Gold Goblin?


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft
Chalkou wrote:
Job done, Chalkou heads for the door. "This place stinks, let's get out of here." he whispers to the others as he passes.

Khavakra nods and follows.

Ready to move on.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11
DM Gee-Em wrote:
Unless otherwise stated, I'm going to assume you all return to the Gold Goblin?

That's fine, I was just 'dragging my feet' to see if Felina was going to share the "Muttered Varisian" on the way back.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Your return to the Gold Goblin is without further incident. You notice a few workers replacing the glass in the windows and fixing up odds and ends around the casino as you approach. Once inside, you see Saul directing a delivery of foodstuffs and replacement parts into the employee only areas in the back, along with several unmarked boxes going from his office towards the storerooms.

Saul catches you entering out of the corner of his eye, and he turns to you smiling. “Ah, there's my little helpers. Thank you for running that errand for Larur, gave us time to reinstall a few things. So, what did they all say?


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

'Errand? That makes sense, I got there late, not quite sure what to tell him. Well, I guess I'll stand here and try to not look stupid.' Following behind the others, Elek, stands quietly, waiting for someone to inform Saul.


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

Chalkou shrugs. "No one seemed particularly happy, but they all said they'd hold up their end." He pauses. "Well, except at the Forges. Some secretary at the door just said she'd be sure the boss got it."


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

"Ruben at the Fish Bowl also said this was the last favor. But yeah, that's about it."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Nessa:
Lil agrees to wait for you to come up with a plan, asking you to help her "relax"

Saul nods at the report, his smile fading a little. "I'd be disappointed if they were not pleased. No one likes it when someone calls in their favors. No matter, that is that. We'll be receiving trained workers soon along with supplies for the next few weeks. Tomorrow morning - ah, Nessa, queen of the hour!"

He looks over your shoulders to see Nessa walk in, aglow with satisfied pleasure.

"As I was saying, tomorrow morning we shall start hiring for the vacated positions. Of course, you five have first pick of what you'd like to do. Anything you'd like or would be good at. Watching for card counters, cooking, bouncers, etc. Think about it tonight, and let me know in the morning." With a graceless bow he returned to his crew, finalizing any last movement of items before retiring to his offices.


Male half-elf Slayer 2|HP 20 |AC 16/T 12/FF 14 | F+5/R+5/W+1 | CMB + 6 | CMD 18 |init + 2 | Perc + 9 | disable device + 9/+ 11

Not sure how to respond, Elek scratches his head, turning to the others as he shoulders his pack. He nods "I guess I'll go unpack my stuff and go to bed. See you all in the morning."

He then heads off to the room he was given, unpacks his meager belongings and tries to get some sleep.


Duergar Unchained Monk 2 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 16 T:16 F:10 CMD:17 AC: 19 T:18 F:11 CMD:19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +3 (+2 vs spells) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, S.M. +7 | Speed 20ft

"I can tell you now... I don't know anything about gambling or cooking, but I know how to deal with someone that gets rowdy. I'll stick with bein' a bouncer."

Khavakra nods and then returns to her quarters.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Nessa was directed to Saul's office where the others were already meeting with him and sashayed in fashionably late to the meeting. She was wearing much the same outfit as the night before and she moved to once again sit on the edge of Saul's desk. She looked directly at Saul and said, "I've been the OK to work with you, but not for you, by my Mistress." She looked at them all and said, "Good, it looks like everyone else came back too."


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

"Watching for card counters sounds interesting." the dark-furred catfolk says, from his crouch in the corner of the room.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Saul nods to Nessa, allowing himself a modest smirk. "Of course, my lady. I would expect nothing less from the beautiful Savored Sting. That shall be an acceptable arrangement. In that regard, you shall be free to ehem ply your wares as you see fit. You'll most likely be our greeter, turning away anyone you can tell is going to be trouble and letting others know what they are getting themselves into. You won't have a problem with costumes once in a while, will you?"

To Khavakra, Saul smiles sagely. "Fair decision, I shall team you up with the boys, Hans and Beyar. Perhaps you can whip them into shape, eh?"

"Excellent!" Saul turns to look Chalkou over. "You will be in the catwalk - no offense - above the gambling floor. Watch for anyone making more money than the house. I ask you do not act unless there is a brawl breaking out. Simply mark the cheaters and Khavakra and her boys shall remove the toxic element. Hmm?"

Saul turns to Felina. "What of you? Any suggestions?"


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 6/6

Nessa nodded as she leaned slightly to the side and planted on hand on the desk to give Saul a pleased look, "Yes, that will be fine." She smiled in amusement as she continued, "And I can weed out the obvious problems, or send them to do something else, as long as I have backup." One wing draped to the floor while the other was pulled mostly closed and around to drape across her front while her tail lashed, "As for costumes that sounds...fun." Her tone was full of innuendo as she said "fun".

Nessa turned her gaze from Saul's to the others gathered as she said, "Speaking of my 'ware'." A half smile formed, "They are of course available to those who work here at a better price than others would get."


Male Half-Orc | LN Fighter(Armiger)| Speed 30 | Initiative+2 | Perception+11 | Diplomacy+1 | Sense Motive+1 | Ardent[1/1] | Armor Training, Weapon Training (Spears) | AC: 19 (Tch 12, FF 17, Armor+6, Dex+2, NA+1) | Fort+9, Reflex+4, Will+3 | CMD: 22 (BAB+5, Str+5, Dex+2) | Hp: 67 [67/67] [10+4d10 (27)+Con (20)+FC (5)+Toughness (5)] | Melee +13 Longspear 1d8+11, +11 Shortspear 1d6+6, Ranged +7 Light Crossbow 1d8 | CMB: +8

”The catwalk.” Chalkou says, with a toothy smile. ”Purrrfect.”

151 to 200 of 1,286 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under a Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.