DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire

Game Master John Woodford

Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix

COMBAT MAP


4,601 to 4,650 of 4,961 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Round 5 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Senja-acted
Asvald-acted
Kali
Eva-down/up
Torque-acted
Dragon-

Asvald lands a solid blow on the creature!

Anyone want to bot Kali?

Young magma dragon: AC 22 T 12 FF 20 Red: dead Black: -43 HP

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Bot for Kali

With the dragon blinded, Kali steps forward and slices at it with her blade!

+1 Wakizashi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Sneak Attack: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1) = 9 Assuming it loses its Dex bonus due to being blind


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Kali's attack is on target, but the dragon's armor turns her blade. The dragon rears up and lashes out at Asvald, its blindness apparently not robbing its blows of accuracy. Its fangs close on air and one wing fails to hit, but its claws rake down the skald's torso and a wing buffets him for a total of 28 HP.

As the water drains away from the chamber, Senja suddenly remembers something important about the "window," knocked out of its place by the first dragon. The window suddenly glows white-hot, pooling into a molten mass and preparing to attack!

Round 6:

Initiative order
Senja-
Magma ooze-
Asvald
Kali
Eva
Torque
Dragon-

Senja can act!

Dice rolls:
Claw, claw, wing, wing, bite vs. concealment; 1=hit: 5d2 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 1, 2) = 7
Claw vs. Asvald: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Claw vs. Asvald: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Wing vs. Asvald: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Claw damage vs. Asvald: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Claw damage vs. Asvald: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Wing damage vs. Asvald: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Magma ooze initiative: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (20) - 5 = 15

Young magma dragon: AC 22 T 12 FF 20 Red: dead Black: -43 HP
Crystalline magma ooze: AC ? T ? FF ? HP: -0

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"Uh-oh, that's not good," Senja says quietly to himself as the magma ooze rears up. Raising his voice, he calls out, "If anyone can get water on it, that might make it crystallize again!" He then conjures up a shadowy rainstorm to fall on the ooze!

Misfortune hex on ooze, DC 21 Will save to resist.

Also, dropping water on it was a guess, but did my Dungeoneering check from earlier tell me anything useful about it? I'd guess it is vulnerable to cold, and water does something to it, and as an ooze there's probably some form of attack that causes it to split into multiple oozes. Any of those pieces of info would be appreciated.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Senja is aware that it's vulnerable to cold and water-based attacks, can be staggered by large amounts of water, and will split if struck with slashing or cold-based attacks. It's also hot enough to potentially damage weapons that strike it.

Round 6 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Senja-acted
Magma ooze-acted
Asvald
Kali
Eva
Torque
Dragon-

Senja's hex bites on the ooze. That keeps it from hitting Torque with a slam attack.

Asvald, Kali, Eva, and Torque are up!

Dice rolls:
DC 21 Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Attack on Torque: 2d20 + 14 ⇒ (14, 1) + 14 = 29

Young magma dragon: AC 22 T 12 FF 20 Red: dead Black: -43 HP
Crystalline magma ooze: AC ? T ? FF ? HP: -0


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

I know Eva is afk; what do Asvald and Torque want to do, and what do you want Kali to do?

The Exchange

Male Lawbringer 9 (HP 75/75; AC:25(21):, T:12, FF:20; Fort:+12 Ref:+8 Will:+13; Init+1; Perception+21 (Effects:)

Torque lays a hand on Eva and the pair blip to the other side of the ooze. He then lays a hand on Asvald, infusing the skald with the power of law! Dimensional Hop as a move action and Touch of law on Asvald as a standard action. He can treat all d20 rolls as 11 this round.

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 84/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Undeterred by the fiery foes, Asvald begins his rousing chant.

"Finish the dragon first!" he warns his companions. "Senja, do what you can slow the newcomer down!"

Primary (haste, arcane strike, raging song, power attack): 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 17

Quote:

If you accept the raging song:

+2 strength (morale)
+2 constitution (morale)
+2 constitution (enhancement)
+2 will saves (morale)
-1 armor class
Access to raging dirty trick
no spellcasting


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Round 6 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Senja-acted
Magma ooze-acted
Asvald-acted
Kali
Eva
Torque-acted
Dragon-

Torque moves Eva and himself, then assists Asvald. Asvald breaks into song and hits the dragon, wounding it further but not dropping it.

Anyone want to bot Kali?

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Bot for Kali

"Move into my spot to set up a flank, somebody," Kali says calmly as she vanishes from sight! Shen then appears behind the dragon, reaching out to touch the creature!

Spend a ki point to use vanish as a swift action, move, cast vampiric touch.

Touch attack vs flat-footed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Spell damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4) = 11 =Temp HP Kali gains
Sneak attack: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) = 7


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Round 6 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Senja-acted
Magma ooze-acted
Asvald-acted
Kali-acted
Eva
Torque-acted
Dragon-

Kali taps the dragon and leeches some life from it.

Waiting on Eva.

Young magma dragon: AC 22 T 12 FF 20 Red: dead Black: -78 HP
Crystalline magma ooze: AC ? T ? FF ? HP: -0

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Sorry, didn't realize this was waiting on me!

Eva steps forward and swings her sword at the efil dragon! 5' step and flurry!

Boop (flank, haste): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Boop (flank, haste): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Boop (flank, haste): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Boop (flank, haste): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

The dragon falls!

Round 7:

Initiative order
Senja-
Magma ooze-
Asvald
Kali
Eva
Torque

Senja is up!

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

”I think this will work...“, Senja says as he casts a pall of shadow over the ooze.

Misfortune hex, DC 21 Will save.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Senja, you did that last round.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Oops! I read through my recent posts, but didn’t go far enough back due to the Kali bot post. Sorry about that. Here’s a revised post:

Senja cackles madly to extend the ooze’s bad luck, and conjures up a crackling thunderhead on the back half of the ooze!

Cast aggressive thundercloud on top left corner of ooze (can’t edit map right now), cackle to maintain Misfortune.

Electricity : 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 4) = 13 DC 19 Reflex to negate


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Round 7 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Senja-acted
Magma ooze-acted
Asvald
Kali
Eva
Torque

The ooze is unable to evade the militant thundercloud, and is also unable to hit Asvald.

OK, this thing moves at 10' round, and has a Reflex save bonus of -2. At this point, you can run away from it while Senja continues to electrocute it, cackling and staying up out of its reach. I'm going to call it here. Out of combat!

With the defeat of the ooze, nothing more remains to threaten you on this level. There is a tempting staircase leading down into the unknown, but for now it's time to return to the surface, report, and heal up.

Dice rolls:
Reflex save: 2d20 ⇒ (10, 1) = 11

Attack on Asvald: 2d20 + 14 ⇒ (19, 1) + 14 = 34


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

You spend a few days enjoying sunlight and fresh air while waiting for any items that aren't available in Fort Inevitable, before your return to the depths. Sadly, Kali is unable to join you for your next descent, having been called away suddenly to deal with an urgent matter.

Interestingly, a message from Kreighton Shaine arrives with your items. The Master of Scrolls has encountered a mention in an old Sarenite record of an individual or creature called Yarrix, who was supposedly defeated a couple of millennia ago and entombed in a place that (based on your reports) he concludes is probably the Emerald Spire. He would be quite pleased if you could find any further information about Yarrix.

With that in mind, you reenter the Spire. The other Pathfinders in the upper levels have access to Spire transport tokens, and are able to bypass much of the intervening levels to deposit you in the magma vault. (Your return is your problem, but you're a resourceful lot.) You make your way past the place you so recently slew the magma dragons and take the stairs down into uncharted territory.

The air soon grows cool again, the stench of sulfur and volcanic gasses fading away. Your steps echo down the ancient ways, and eventually the sound of the reverberations changes in a way that suggests an open space ahead. Sure enough, you come to a landing in a small chamber of dressed stone blocks, illuminated by the glow of the Spire core as it protrudes from the western wall. The stairs continue their descent around the shining crystal, but to the east stand a pair of bronze double doors now coated with verdigris. The doors are sealed with red-and-black wax and hung with lead seals suspended from rotting silk ribbons. A few of the seals have fallen to the floor, threads of silk still clinging to them. Runes are engraved around the door frame.

Senja is able to read them, as they are in Thassilonian over one door and Azlanti over the other. The two bear the same message:

"Beware! Within lie the remains of the dark heretic Yarrix, cursed be her name. Enter not her tomb, lest you join her restless soul in its banishment in the spaces between the worlds."

The door is locked.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"Well, I guess we found Yarrix, like Shane asked," Senja observes absently, studying the door and translating its message. "Shame it's locked, Kali would have made short work of it," he adds sadly.

Turning to Torque, he offers a suggestion, "I can carry all of us with a dimension door spell, and try to just get right to the other side of the door, say five feet past it, and I'm sure you could do the same. Unless someone has a better idea? I'd prefer to get the door open if we can, in case we need to leave in hurry - though maybe keeping it closed would be better for the world, from the sound of that warning."

The Exchange

Male Lawbringer 9 (HP 75/75; AC:25(21):, T:12, FF:20; Fort:+12 Ref:+8 Will:+13; Init+1; Perception+21 (Effects:)

"Indeed I could as it is a gift from the Lord of Law. It is however a rare time when the skills of a dirty lawbreaker could also come in handy."

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 84/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Asvald readies his blade before sharing a nod of confirmation with his companions. "When you're ready Senja."

I'll hit everyone with heroism. That's 90 minutes of +2 morale to d20 rolls (attacks, skill checks, and saves).

The Exchange

Male Lawbringer 9 (HP 75/75; AC:25(21):, T:12, FF:20; Fort:+12 Ref:+8 Will:+13; Init+1; Perception+21 (Effects:)

So for us to Dimension Door/Hop we need line of sight. Is there any space under the door or something that we can see into the room?

Torque will return the favor and cast Barkskin + 4 on Asvald
and then himself followed by a Magic Circle vs Evil on Senja.

Both spells also last 90 minutes.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

The door and frame are well-made and likely preserved by the magic of the Spire; despite their age, there have been no shifts in the flooring that would distort them.

The Exchange

Male Lawbringer 9 (HP 75/75; AC:25(21):, T:12, FF:20; Fort:+12 Ref:+8 Will:+13; Init+1; Perception+21 (Effects:)

Well then I guess we need to get through the old fashioned way. Brute Force(tm) it is!

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Dimensional Hop (the Travel domain ability) requires line of sight, but the spell dimension door does not. With the spell, you can just state direction and distance and be transported there, with some consequences if there's a solid object in the place you end up. But there's no reason there should be a solid object on the other side of a door, right?

That said, if someone wants to try a different approach, I'm open to it.

The Exchange

Male Lawbringer 9 (HP 75/75; AC:25(21):, T:12, FF:20; Fort:+12 Ref:+8 Will:+13; Init+1; Perception+21 (Effects:)

Oh you are right. I totally misread that.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Tapping on the door gives Senja some idea of their likely thickness. They're probably less than a foot thick.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Okay, if no one else has a better idea:

Senja lays a hand on Asvald's shoulder, and asks him to touch Torque's shoulder, who touches Eva's shoulder. He then says, "Torque, be sure to keep a dimension door handy for when we need to leave, eh", then speaks a few arcane phrases, crosses his fingers and blinks!

Cast d-door, aiming to be 2 feet past the estimated thickness of the door.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

The party vanishes...and reappears where Senja thinks he's directed the spell to deposit them. No one has time to register much about their surroundings, as Asvald and Eva are standing practically on top of a pair of emerald automata, who quickly move to attack!

These automata look slightly different from those the party has encountered before: they are covered with a furry brown growth that (based on the bitter cold in the area) Senja and Asvald conclude is brown mold, and are illuminated from within by an orange-brown light the color of fire agate or golden tourmaline.

Round 1:

Asvald-
Senja-
Automata-
Torque-
Eva-

Asvald and Senja can act!

Dice rolls:
Asvald Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Eva Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Senja Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Torque Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Brown mold damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) = 13

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Knowledge (dungeoneering) for brown mold, Heroism: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15 If it’s Nature, bonus is +13
Knowledge (arcana) for constructs: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30

”Of course, right into a fight!” Senja gripes. ”Should have known, with this place! At least we didn’t land on top of them!” He speaks a few strange words and gives a series of accelerating finger snaps, granting his companions incredible speed! Telling them all he knows about the creatures, Senja also take a moment to pull a rod from his belt.

Cast haste, draw persistent metamagic rod.

For questions on the monsters, I'd like to know what energy to use on the mold, and on the automata, energy resistances, DR, whatever after that.

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 84/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

"Don't let them touch you. That stuff on them is brown mold," Asvald warns before going to work with his enchanted blade.

Primary (haste, arcane strike, power attack, heroism, favored enemy): 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 35
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 19

Iterative: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 24

Haste Attack: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 19


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Round 1 (ongoing):

Asvald-acted
Senja-acted
Automata-acted
Torque-
Eva-

Senja knows that brown mold absorbs heat in its vicinity, inflicting nonlethal cold damage on anyone adjacent to it. Speaking of which, Asvald and Eva take 13 HP nonlethal cold damage. Magical cold damage will destroy it, but fire brought within five feet of it will cause it to grow rapidly.

The emerald automata are resistant to non-adamantine weapons, and since they are powered by magic they are vulnerable to effects such as antimagic or dispel magic as if they were magic items. Once they have taken significant damage their magical battery creates an aura of electrical energy around them that can inflict minor damage on anyone near them.

Asvald's blows rock the automaton, but don't destroy it. It begins sparking, though. Asvald, take 2 HP electrical damage, DC 14 Reflex save to avoid any damage.

Both of the constructs take short steps back and strike at Asvald with their guisarmes. One misses, but the other one hits him solidly for 22 HP.

Torque and Eva can act!

Dice rolls:
Electrical damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2
Guisarme PA to Asvald: 1d20 + 13 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 13 - 3 = 30
Guisarme PA to Asvald: 1d20 + 13 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 3 = 15

Confirm guisarme PA to Asvald: 1d20 + 13 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 3 = 21
Guisarme PA damage: 2d4 + 16 ⇒ (4, 2) + 16 = 22

Emerald Automata: AC 17 T 11 FF 16 Blue: -47 HP Yellow: -0 HP

The Exchange

Male Lawbringer 9 (HP 75/75; AC:25(21):, T:12, FF:20; Fort:+12 Ref:+8 Will:+13; Init+1; Perception+21 (Effects:)

"I did not plan on embracing them." Torque calls upon the power of Law and channels it into Eva while drawing his weapon.

Shield of Faith +3 for Eva so +3 deflection bonus to her AC.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Just waiting on Eva.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Gah, sorry again!

Eva concentrates for a moment and sends a fist flying outward at the damaged automaton!

Boop (haste): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 = 21
Boop Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Cold Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12

Current AC is 28.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Eva hits the emerald automaton solidly, the frigid aura around her fist withering the brown mold covering it. The automaton falls to pieces as well.

Round 2:

Asvald-
Senja-
Automaton-
Torque-
Eva-

Asvald and Senja are up!

Emerald Automata: AC 17 T 11 FF 16 Blue: dead HP Yellow: -0 HP

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"Nice work, Eva," Senja remarks as a single hit takes out both threats on one of the automata. "I think you and Asvald have got this. But I'll still help." He conjures up an enormous horseshoe-shaped magnet from the shadows, which jerks about the remaining automaton and yanks it one way, then another! Senja then takes a tactical step backward and scans the hallway behind.

Misfortune hex on Yellow, DC 20 Will save. Then 5-foot step.

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 84/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 18

After avoiding most of the sparks exploding his way, Asvald moves in to attack the other automaton.

"Hold it still a little longer. I'm starting to understand how these things work."

Primary (haste, arcane strike, power attack, heroism, favored enemy): 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 24

Iterative: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 21

Haste Attack: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 24


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Round 2 (ongoing):

Asvald-acted
Senja-acted
Automaton-acted
Torque-
Eva-

Asvald unleashes a devastating flurry of blows against the last automaton, but it's not quite enough to drop the construct. It's unable to resist Senja's hex. However, the chill of the brown mold seeps into the skald's bones. Take another 13 HP nonlethal cold damage, Asvald.

It falls back and cuts at Asvald again, the blade whistling over his head.

Torque and Eva can act!

Dice rolls:
Nonlethal cold damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5) = 13

DC 20 Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Guisarme PA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Guisarme PA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Emerald Automata: AC 17 T 11 FF 16 Blue: dead HP Yellow: -54 HP

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Eva sends another fist flying out toward the monster, but its goopy coating wiggles it out of the way just in time.

Boop (haste): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Eva, you had time to heal the CON damage, and your HP should be at full.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Fixed, thanks!

The Exchange

Male Lawbringer 9 (HP 75/75; AC:25(21):, T:12, FF:20; Fort:+12 Ref:+8 Will:+13; Init+1; Perception+21 (Effects:)

Torque moves up and lays into the automaton with the Greataxe of Justice.

Haste, Power Attack, Heroism: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 27
1d12 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 6 = 29


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

The automaton falls!

That leaves you with only the brown mold to deal with, but you can walk around it easily enough. Out of combat!

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"Well, that could have gone worse," Senja remarks dryly as he takes a moment to study his surroundings.

Now that we've had our fun, what's this room look like? And is there a doorknob on this side of the door? Would be a funny thing to have in a tomb that's meant to seal in a horrid creature, but worth checking.

The Exchange

Male Lawbringer 9 (HP 75/75; AC:25(21):, T:12, FF:20; Fort:+12 Ref:+8 Will:+13; Init+1; Perception+21 (Effects:)

Satisfied that he brought justice yet again, Torque stows his weapon and looks around. "Indeed. Well done, all."

Perception: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 21 + 2 = 27


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

This wide corridor is finished in dark, glossy stone. The walls feature prominent stone ribs every two feet, and meet in a pointed arch twenty feet above the door. Narrow passageways lead north and south, terminating in 5' wide doors, and down the hall from where you entered is another set of bronze double doors.

The doors you teleported past are featureless on this side.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"Well, the rule of left says we should check out this first small door on the left-hand side," Senja observes. He scans the narrow hallway for magic, then waits for someone else to take the lead. As he waits, he idly flings twisted bits of shadow at his companions, each one landing on a patch of exposed skin and taking the form of a gruesome scar.

Detect magic on first hallway to the left. Unless anyone objects, I'll also use my Scar hex on everyone, so I can use helpful hexes on them at up to 1 mile away.

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 84/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Woo! Scars for everyone!

After tapping himself with his healing wand a few times, Asvald shuffles to the front of the formation.

CLW: 5d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 7, 7, 5, 7) + 5 = 37

"Torque can you protect us from the cold if there's more of that moss around here? My fingers were starting to go numb."

Assuming Senja's detect magic doesn't turn anything up, we'll try the doors on the north side first.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Godsmouth Heresy (Table 1)|

Senja detects a magical aura radiating from the hall.

4,601 to 4,650 of 4,961 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire-Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.