DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire

Game Master John Woodford

Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix

COMBAT MAP


401 to 450 of 4,908 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Indeed, there is a door to the west south to explore!


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Two doors to the east, actually. (Or I could make a feeble joke about Two Doors Down.)

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Is the green glowing thing Kryptonite?

"You guys should really see this weird glowing thing, at least Senja should." Kali suggests with a shrug, "If the door's got a lock already, I can jam it, but I don't carry about a chain or anything."

Kali looks over the double doors to see if she can secure them in some manner.

Edit: Fixed formatting, deleted double post.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Senja steps up to the double doors, threading his way through his much larger companions, and raises a hand, searching for the presence of magic in the green glow. He’s careful not to get in Kali’s way as she closes the doors, as he doesn’t especially want to know what’s making the shuffling and moaning sounds.

Cast detect magic on glowing wall before Kali closes the door.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

At least on this level none of you have to worry about going crazy.

Senja, you get a very faint sense of something about the wall. It's not recognizably magic in any way with which you're familiar; it's just...strange. Two other things: first, not only is it made of material that's noticeably different from the rest of the spire, but the texture is different--the green glass, in its undisturbed state, is smooth, while the wall looks to be made of long, columnar crystals. Second, there is a mark on the wall at about human head level, a complex sigil about half again the size of Senja's hand.

Knowledge (arcana) or Linguistics DC 15:
This is some sort of identifying symbol, similar to an arcane mark.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

As he studies the strange, glowing crystalline wall, Senja indicates the sigil and says, "That's some sort of identifying symbol, similar to spell called arcane mark. I wonder whose it is?"

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 67/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

"Likely the mage that raised this tower", Asvald muses while bandaging his newest wound. "Is it dangerous?"

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Kragnor sighs and kicks a piece of glass. "We going down, or finishing exploring this level first?"

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

"I agree with Eva, let's finish exploring this level first." Kali suggests, moving to the next door and checking it for traps once the group was done with the green glow.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Checking the right door on the map. Taking 20 on DD checks on locks.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"It's not dangerous by itself," Senja replies, "but I doubt the mage left his mark as a way of inviting strangers inside..."

He turns away from the strange wall and says, "I agree, let's finish exploring up here first."


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Kali, the door is not locked. On opening it, you see a great deal of darkness, with what sounds like at least a pair of goblins arguing.

Kragnor and Senja, you see a pair of goblins engaged in a tug of war over what looks like the hindquarters of some sort of animal.

Round 1:

Initiative order
Senja (of course)
Eva
Kali
Melody
Goblins
Kragnor
Asvald

Dice rolls:
Asvald Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Eva Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Kali Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Kragnor Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Melody Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Senja Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Goblins Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Waiting for Senja to hopefully guide us to the goblins.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Sorry for the delay, spent the day in the big room with no walls.

"You're not going to believe this," Senja says quietly, pointing in the direction of the argument, "but there are a couple of goblins in there. About twenty feet from the door, in the middle of the room. I'll soften one of them up."

He tosses a pellet of shadow into the room, which vanishes into the darkness as far as most of his friends can tell.

Evil eye for -2 AC on closer goblin, DC 14 to resist.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

GM: In regards to the squares with tables in them, can they be crossed with acrobatics and/or climb? How many squares of movement would it be considered to move into them?


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

They don't cost any extra movement (still Difficult terrain), and I'm going to rule that if there's a goblin in reach you have to make a DC 10 Acrobatics or Climb check to avoid taking an AoO when you try to cross the table.

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Who is up?

Everyone, but Kragnor and Asvald?

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Following the wall, Kali eventually runs into the one of the goblins.

Double Move


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Kragnor--correct. Eva, Kali, and Melody have yet to go.

Senja, your hex bites on the goblin.

Dice rolls:
DC 14 Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Eva moves into the room following the other wall and Senja's directions. Double move.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

Melody double moves into the room (30').

Cant edit the map at the moment.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Moved Melody in. I think with the double move, she can normally move 40' total; 35' puts her 3 squares in with the one diagonal move.

Round 1 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Senja-acted
Eva-acted
Kali-acted
Melody-acted
Goblins-acted
Kragnor
Asvald

The goblins shriek in anger and fear as the party moves in. One lets go of the animal leg and goes for a shortsword, swinging at Eva and missing. The other takes a quick bite of meat and tries to brain Kali with the haunch, and also misses.

Kragnor and Asvald up!

Dice rolls:
Attack on Eva: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Attack on Kali: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 4 = 11

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 67/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Asvald trudges through the rubble and levels his blade at the goblins.

”Don’t be gentle with them Eva. The vermin have infested this ruin long enough!”

Oratory: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Everyone is +2 on attacks with unarmed strikes and improvised weapons!


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

That doesn't include the goblin, right? ;-)

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 67/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

No goblins allowed.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Hmph. Speciesist.

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 67/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Yup!

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Kragnor stomps past Asvald, and moves toward Eva.

Can't edit map atm. Double move.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

Encumbrance puts her movement down to 15' for the moment. Really need a handy haversack.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Wouldn't your armor put you at 15' regardless of encumbrance?


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Round 2: (rearranging things):

Initiative order
Kragnor-acted
Asvald-acted
Senja-
Eva-
Kali-
Melody-
Goblins-

Kragnor and Asvald advance! Everyone else can act again before the goblins.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5
Eva Baldursdóttir wrote:

Wouldn't your armor put you at 15' regardless of encumbrance?

That too.

Melody moves a little further in and pulls out her glaive!

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Kali tumbles immediately east of the adjacent goblin and attacks it with the help of Eva's flank.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Wakizashi: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Eva drops her sword in favor of her good old fists.

Flurry (Advald's bonus, flank): 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 23 (subtract 2 if Kali took out the one we're flanking)
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Flurry (Advald's bonus, flank): 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 13 (subtract 2 if Kali took out the one we're flanking)
Damage?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Round 2 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Kragnor-acted
Asvald-acted
Senja-
Eva-acted
Kali-acted
Melody-acted
Goblin-

Kali tumbles into position, but can't capitalize on that and the goblin dodges her blade. It giggles at the ninja, then turns directly into a backhand fist from Eva and drops like a stone.

Senja, then the last goblin.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Senja steps alongside Asvald, so he has a better view of the the fight. He closes one eye and glares at the last goblin with the other, pointing a long, slender finger at the target of his hex. A swirling line of shadow flies from the tip of his finger and encircles the goblin, ensuring its doom.

Misfortune on the last goblin, DC 14.

Carbide - would it be helpful if I started marking on the map which creatures I target with my hexes? That way you'll know who I'm aiming at, and we'll all have a mark for which one has a lower AC or other effect, which should make it easier for you and me to track.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

That would be helpful when/if we get to bigger fights, thanks.

The hex easily overpowers the goblin's feeble will. It is unable to hit Eva in any case.

Round 3:

Initiative order
Kragnor-
Asvald-
Senja-
Eva-
Kali-
Melody-
Goblin-

Everyone is up!

Dice rolls:
DC 14 Will save vs. misfortune: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Shortsword to Eva: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Shortsword to Eva: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Grumbling, Kragnor moves to the other side of Melody, while drawing his bow, then fires at the goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Unsurprisingly, Kragnor misses with that roll.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Senja bounces a ball of oddly dense shadow off the goblin's head, throwing off its balance and making it easier for his companions to strike.

Evil eye for -2 to AC, DC 14 save. (If this one already has an AC hex, make it attack rolls)


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Senja, the goblin actually managed to throw off most of the effects of your hex, and will only be affected for the next few seconds.

Dice rolls:
DC 14 Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 67/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

The boisterous young ulfen continues to inspire his allies's pugilistic tendencies.

"No more chasing goblins through the dark! No more tiny arrows in the knees!"

Oratory: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

+2 on attacks with unarmed strikes and improvised weapons!

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

I just realized Eva didn't actually have to drop her sword last round. Oh well. :P

Eva keeps swinging, ducking slightly to be at the right level for a straight punch to the football-headed thing in front of her, then boxing its ear with her other hand.

Flurry (Asvald's bonus): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Flurry (Asvald's bonus): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Eva's first punch rocks the creature back on its heels, and with her second it falls.

Out of combat!

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Eva looks around the room briefly before moving toward the next door. Pausing, she nods at Kali, as if to say, you first?

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Senja comes into the room at last and looks around, then waits for the others to open the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

There is not much in the room besides the tables, benches, and a whole lot of excellent examples of goblins' poor hygiene. It is possible that no one has cleaned this room (or put away leftovers) since the tower was destroyed...at least, that's what it smells like. The most appetizing thing in here is the coyote hindquarters the goblins were fighting over; it's probably only been dead a day or two, and the coyote wasn't too mangy.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

You've got a bright future in sales, Carbide.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Kali gives Eva the hand sign for 'Ok,' as she moves to the next door, checks it for traps and tries to open/disarm as necessary.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Take 20 on DD on locks.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

I hope there aren't any traps in this dungeon, with the way you've been rolling. ;)

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Yeah, if she had more wisdom she might realize that other group members might be a better choice for door checks.

401 to 450 of 4,908 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire-Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.