DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire

Game Master John Woodford

Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix

COMBAT MAP


351 to 400 of 4,894 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

"Hey, Senja? Want to take a look at this?" Kali asks as she hands the bottle over to the witch.

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Kragnor kicks the goblin corpses for good measure, then spits on the ground. "Lil' bastard managed to give me a wee cut."

Looking around, he says. "Looks to be a door here, and a couple down the hall over yonder. Which way?"

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Senja accepts the bottle and holds it up to the Eva’s light, studying the shadow it casts on the wall. ”One of you is in luck,” he says, ”this is a fairly strong healing potion.”

Cure Moderate Wounds

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Hmm... might be best to keep that around if we can... hey Melody, I don't suppose we could get 2-3 channels, eh? :)

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

"Praise to Shelyn!"

channels: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Nice rolling! HP are full here!

"Thank you, Melody," says Eva, flexing the arm that carries a newly-closed slash. Small upper-left room next?


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

The door to the west is actually locked.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

Melody puts her shield back on and puts her ranseur away for the moment. "Maybe that little room in the middle?" Melody suggests.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Remember that north is to the right, so the little room in the middle is to the west of the party.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Kali goes to the north door and checks it for traps, explaining, "I think the one that shot me is hiding in here."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"No traps, let me see if it's unlocked."

If locked, Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Take 20 on Disable Device check to unlock if necessary.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Kali notices no traps, and after some abortive stabs at picking the lock is able to do so. It wasn't a very high-quality lock, either. (DC 15 to pick.)

Behind the door is, unsurprisingly, a lot of dark. Kragnor and Senja, and the rest of the party with a bit of stumbling around, are able to tell that this is some sort of weapons storehouse. Rows of wooden racks on the walls of the room hold a ramshackle collection of rusty blades, scraps of armor, and warped arrows. It looks as though the goblins you've faced so far have all the good stuff, because of all the items in here only a half-dozen each Small dogslicers and horsechoppers are any good at all. Everything else is unusable to the point where you'd probably have to pay for someone to take it from you.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

DM: where Kali is on the map, is there a back entrance to the area the first goblins fled into?

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Kali tries to thoroughly search the room just in case there's a hidden cache.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

When the group is satisfied with what they found in that room, Kali will move to the west door, checking it for traps and unlocking it.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Take 20 on Disable Device on lock, feel free to roll for Kali if there's a trap to disarm.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Kali, I thought you were going to the west door in the first place; that was the room I described.

Eva, poking around you find a canvas screen on the north wall, behind which is a narrow tunnel.

Dice rolls:
Eva Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Sorry about the confusion, west works just as well since Eva found the north passage. Scratch that last post, except for the Perception check for thorough search of the armory.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Kali finds nothing else of interest in the armory.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

"Here next, or through the double doors?" asks Eva, tilting her head at the rest of the party.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Senja points at the small door on the curved north wall and says, "Let's take a look in there, seems like the kind of place more goblins would hide."


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

The passage is narrow, short, and cramped; Senja and Melody have no trouble with it, but Eva, Kali, and Asvald have to squat and Kragnor almost gets stuck a couple of times. Nothing is left in the passage, which ends in the tower room behind the pile of rubble. A search of the room and the passage reveals nothing of value.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"Right. About face!" Senja says jokingly, the military tone quite out of keeping with his slender, slightly creepy self. "Let's go back and check out those double doors."

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

"Sounds like a plan." Kali says as she checks the door for traps, and opens the lock if necessary.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Going to take 20 on locks.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Kali, you find no traps on the doors, and they do not seem to be locked.

Check the map; how's that for the formation in front of the doors?

Dice rolls:
Stealth check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Perception check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Looks good.

"What ya waitin' fer? Open it." Kragnor mumbles.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Kali opens the adjacent door, and hopes for the best.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Onward!


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Kali opens the door and is startled by a pair of shortsword thrusts from the pair of goblins crouching on the other side of the door, waiting for whomever was rattling at it to open it.

The goblins are obviously quite nervous, as evidenced by their missing the startled ninja completely. (When she tells this story later, Kali will modestly credit her training and superior reflexes.)

Round 1:

Initiative order
Senja
Goblins
Asvald
Kragnor
Kali
Melody
Eva

Senja is up!

Dice rolls:
Asvald Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Eva Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Kali Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Kragnor Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Melody Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Senja Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Goblins Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Shortsword attack on Kali: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Shortsword attack on Kali: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

I do like the way you roll initiative for Senja, Carbide!

Leaning his head to see around the corner, Senja can make out a pair of goblins in the doorway. He forms a small string of shadow in his hands and joins the ends of the string as if by magic, forming it into a loop. He then throws the loop over the further goblin’s head, aiming to tangle up its movements and make it easier to strike.

Evil eye for -2 to AC, DC 14.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Round 1 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Senja-acted
Goblins-acted
Asvald
Kragnor
Kali
Melody
Eva

The magic bites on the one goblin. They press their attacks on the kitsune again; one still misses, but the other hits her solidly for three lousy points. Sheesh, I roll a crit and come up with barely better than minimum damage. You're lucky, Kali.

Everyone is up!

Dice Rolls:
Shortsword to Kali: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Shortsword to Kali: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Shortsword confirmation on Kali: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Shortsword damage, incl. crit: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

DC14 Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

I don't suppose you can get behind them, eh Kali? Cut off their escape? So far the goblins in here have been very ready to flee, and I'd rather these didn't get away.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Sure, Kali will press her luck.

The ninja attempts to tumble behind the goblin in front of her, attacking it regardless of the outcome.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Wakizashi attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Sweet, nice roll!!

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

It looks like her luck is holding out. I'm on my phone, could someone move her to the proper square?

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Done.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Kali, you manage to avoid falling backwards down the stairs (especially with that Acrobatics check), and taking a quick look around you notice something rather interesting. The wall opposite the door you came through is glowing green, and appears to be made of a different material than the rest of the Spire that you've seen so far.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

Melody stays in the back and once again stows her shield (move) and takes our her ranseur (move).

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Eva holds her sword up defensively and attempts to edge past Kragnor and into position across from Kali. Full defense.

Acrobatics vs Right Goblin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Acrobatics vs Left Goblin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Edit: that assumes I even /can/ tumble with the difficult terrain and tumble speed penalties. Also I'd prefer to wait until Kragnor goes, just in case he kills one of the goblins. :)

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

"Grrr, ye stole me flank, lass!" Kragnor grumbles as he swings at the goblin across from him.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 1 = 13
Crit Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

I specifically said I'd go after you, so feel completely free to move over into the flank.

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4
Eva Baldursdóttir wrote:

I specifically said I'd go after you, so feel completely free to move over into the flank.

No, just kidding with ya. More an IC comment. I've come to like Kragnor's persona.....

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 67/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Lacking a way to get into the fight, Asvald begins his rousing song.

Raging Song!


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Kragnor easily drops the goblin facing him.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention that Kali hit the goblin she was on, but didn't put it down.

Eva, with the movement penalties, you miss the Acrobatics check. The goblin manages to skewer you as you go by. Take 4 HP. Sheesh! Kali eats a crit and takes less damage than you. I think I know who's stealing your luck, Eva.

Senja, go ahead now, and then I'll run the goblin's last action.

Dice rolls:
Shortsword AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage to Eva: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

My AC's 19 with total defense, and since they're only threatening 5' my light should be illuminating them, no?


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

You're right; I missed that you were going total defense. Take back the damage. What's your light source, btw?

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Senja works his mouth a moment, then spits a ball of viscous, black shadow into his hand. Making a bit of a face, he tosses it at the remaining goblin, though he expects it's not long for this world.

Misfortune on the wee thing, DC 14 to resist.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Asvald cast light on my sord.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

"Wow, guys! You should really get a look at this, it's glowing green!" Kali reveals to the group as she waits for another opening to finish off the remaining goblin.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

Senja's hex takes hold, and a stray bit of rubble shifts under the goblin's foot just as it was about to stab Kali again.

Party up!

Dice rolls:
DC 14 Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Shortsword to Kali: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Shortsword to Kali: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Raaaage!

Stirred by the Northman's rousing song, Eva jabs at the remaining goblin in a rapid series of attacks.

Flurry (rage): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Flurry (rage): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| The Confirmation|

The goblin goes down. Out of combat!

In the silence that follows the second goblin's fall, everyone can hear the sounds of slow shuffling and moaning coming from down the stairs....

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 73/75 (13 NL) | AC 23* Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

"The undead are here as well?" asks Eva thoughtfully. "We should finish with this floor before we descend, I think. Kali, are you able to lock the doors so that we may open them when we are ready?"

Bottom-left door next?

351 to 400 of 4,894 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire-Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.